[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

My Next Phone Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
http://www.gsmarena.com
http://www.phonearena.com
http://www.kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
https://kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
https://www.frequencycheck.com
http://willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
http://www.gizchina.com
http://www.gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
https://www.phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
https://pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread
>>71356421
>>
Honestly, I have to try this one out. My other options are the Exynos S9 and Note 9 which sucks, garbage battery life and bloatshit OS. The Pixel has terrible hardware, no jack, no expandable storage. The Zenfone has it all, and it's too tempting to skip. I know the bad display meme isn't real since a lot of sites showed that you can calibrate it and apart from the peak brightness thing and maybe the rattling camera complain, there are zero issues. I'd rather gamble with those than the intolerant battery life of the Galaxy phones or the gimped dogshit hardware of the Pixels.
>>
>tempted to buy OP7P
>Don't like the stupid pop up camera

;_;
>>
The poco f2 dream is not dead
>>
>>71375884
isn't that always true for smartphones? feels like they release them so quickly that you never have to wait for more than a few months for them to get cheaper, apart from the most dominant flagships maybe
>>
>>71375884
But it's already happening. Announcement tomorrow.

>The rebadged Redmi K20 Pro will be called Mi 9T Pro but also thePoco F2 Proin some markets.
>>
>>71375884
>Xiaomi with their waiting game all over again
Just fuck off and give me dat K20 already !
>>
Why do I need to give F-droid's Maps access to my location? Can't I just download and look at some offline maps at my own discretion?
>>
>>71375884
K20 Pro isn't out yet and this chink is already shilling another flagship killer? What the fuck lol, I don't want a dogshit corner cut shitphone, the K20 Pro is good enough.
>>
>>71376130
fuck off back to facebook,boomer
>>
Mi A3 when?
>>
Hello /spg/, I just got a Galaxy S9, it's my first smartphone. It has Facebook preinstalled and a bunch of Samsung bloatware that I can't uninstall through the app settings. Is it worth it to root it? What are the potential risks? Do I lose out on any functionality if I do so? I have no interest in Samsung or Google Pay or anything like that. I just want control over my fucking device.
>>
>>71376241
I really wish Xiaomeme would announce their phone in batches instead of dropping new phone every 2-3 months
>>
Anyone here has a Oneplus 7 Pro?
How is the build quality and the UI/bloatware?
I currently have a Note 8 but I really hate Samsung shitty UI and bloatware so I was thinking of either getting a Oneplus or saving up for an iPhone.
>>
>>71376515
OnePlus is renowned for their high quality UI. Very fast and clean, highly customizable and little to no bloat. OxygenOS is what pushed me to get a OP7 pro instead of upgrading my S8 to S10
>>
At this point, should I just wait to get a phone with 5G? I have a Moto G5 Plus, but I fugged the camera glass and headphone jack. I can replace the camera glass, but the headphone jack might be a lost cause. I can go with this phone for a while, but the headphone jack is an inconvenience.
>>
>>71376403
whats this thing about calling everyone boomer? you are aware "boomer" is for people born in the 60s right?
>>
>>71375733
when is the fucking phone coming out in the us
>>
>>71376590
How is the curve? Is it distracting?
Also how does the build quality compare to other flagships?
>>
>>71376751
Where do you live? Is infrastructure being deployed that will allow you to take advantage of 5G anytime soon?
>>
>>71376913
I just ordered it on Monday so I haven't got it yet. I heard a lot of complaints about the curve but I have a Galaxy S8 at the moment and that has a pretty noticeable curve if you're not used to it. I doubt it'll be an issue.

Can't comment on build quality but most reviews seem positive.

>>71376949
*realist. FTFY

>>71376869
t. newfriend
>>
>>71376917
Live in the US, so I bet it will roll between 1-2 years. No reason for me to upgrade soon, annoying that I need to fiddle with the headphone so it isn't super quiet or hisses. Probably going to buy a Bluetooth adapter with a headphone jack.
>>
My obscure chink phone has some cracks on the corner from a mild drop. What do?
>>
>>71375733
Saw that the Asus Zenfone is on Amazon for $389AUD which is a really good fucking price.

My Oneplus 3T screen is falling off, should I get it?
>>
>>71377140
Buy a new one.
>>
>>71377203
t. nigger without cellphone infrastructure
>>
>>71376869
Literal boomers are all about conspiracy theories. They prefer to think that all death and disease has a human cause, because at least then it's within human control.

They're going to find the guy what gave their kid the autism and tar and feather his establishment ass, then everything will be back to normal, like in a movie.
>>
>>71377705
The cause of autism is low child mortality.
Duds who should have died of polio beget duds who should have died of meningitis beget duds who post on facebook and beget duds with autism. It's genetic. It's you.
>>
>>71376130
Have sex incel
>>
>>71377796
This is what happens when you badmouth Facebook. Boomers come out of the woodwork.

Do you believe in the heritability of genes, or is disbelief in Noah's ark also a cause of autism?

Vitamin K is found in spinach, which boomers hated in childhood. Coincidence? I think not.
Another boomer connection is that bottle feeding was most common in the mid-twentieth century, giving birth to the most disgustingly illogical and extraverted generation of all time.
They were also raised on canned food, canned fruit, and canned tuna, but apaprently mercury and aluminium are only harmful to lesser mortals.
>>
Any better choices than the Redmi Note 7 in that price range? Or wait for Mi A3?
>>
>>71377140
If it's just a dent on back side, it's the most painless replacement you could do. And you can do it yourself.
>>
>>71377950
Another day, another cancer cell.

B-because of 5G! We have to stop 5G, so that we won't turn into decrepit, poor, clapped-out losers from the Midwest!
>>
>>71376949
>>71377203
>>71377363
What the fuck could I be shilling? 5g is going to be the next network tech, and its already starting to roll out. There's nothing to shill if there's nothing to sell. I seriously hope your not talking about "much cancer" with 5g
>>
>>71378206
More like 5 Great big penises in your mouth.
>>
>Pixel 4 will not have fingerprint unlock
>XL will be notchshit
DROPPED.
>>
File: 8765467876543.jpg (202 KB, 1102x988)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
Just bought the Samsung Galaxy S10e for $580. Upgrading from Pixel 1 XL with major performance issues and a broken headphone jack. How'd I do?
>>
>>71378973
The Mi 9T Pro is being released tomorrow so you fucked up.
>>
for those of you with the oneplus 7 pro

is the size an issue?

ive had a OP3 since it launched and its quite a bit smaller
>>
>>71379252
depends, are you a manlet?
>>
Quick question for moto G6 owners.
I came from a moto x pure, and I noticed that the sound levels are really low on the moto g6.
Also, the equalizer setting for music can only be adjusted with dolby audio.

Are these 2 issues connected, or does the moto G6 just suck when it comes to music playback?
>>
Are there any tablets on sale now which are LOS compatible? It seems all tabs on LOS are years old.
>>
>>71379252
Not a manlet 6'4, the size combined with the curved screen just doesn't cut it for me, and all that size without exceptional battery times, made me sell it and turn to 6T until something new comes out. The 90hz is not a meme tho
>>
Is Faceslim on Fdroid or any other Foss Facebook app worth a shit?
>>
>>71379293
Just plain sucks.
>>
>>71379452
Frost works well enough for basic messenger needs
>>
>>71379424
That sucks, the size is the main thing holding me back from buying

Not really a fan of the pop up camera either
>>
>asus sent out some zenphones to people that work on lineage, omnirom, carbonrom, google camera ports, twrp and proton/kirisakura kernels

is asus based?
>>
It's time to man up and buy the Pixel 3a XL.
>>
>>71379951
*Pixel 3
>>
File: 1342723958192.jpg (191 KB, 681x475)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
a-any reason not to buy the Redmi Note 7 for 176€ (64GB)?
>>
>>71379636
sauce?
>>
Is there a rumored price of the 9T? I need something in the range of $200 to $300 (I'm kind of a poorfag, $300 is like a whole month salary to me)
>>
File: meizu-16s-1.jpg (76 KB, 630x700)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Why can't we have more phones like this design-wise?

If the software wasn't shit, Meizus would be the best phones around.
>>
>>71380006
https://www.xda-developers.com/asus-zenfone-6-custom-rom-twrp-lineageos/
>>
>>71380034
don't buy such an expensive phone then... don't buy what you don't need if you're short on money. I bet your current phone is still good.
>>
Gonna get a new phone next year.

Currently rocking the LG G6.

Should I look to get an iPhone or stick with Android?
>>
>>71380121
Not worth a damn when the whole thing rattles and a ton of dust gets into the camera unit.
>>
does the redmi 7 feels cheap in the hands?

I like back plastic but I haven't had a plastic phone since the moto g4
>>
File: file.png (45 KB, 450x352)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
Why do phone manufacturers focus on increasing megapixels?
More pixels on a sensor means smaller photosites, and that means less light and decreased sensitivity. 40+ megapixels is totally useless, low light performances matter more, especially on phones.
In 2014, when the norm were about 25-30 MP on DSLR, Sony released a 12 megapixels full frame camera that annihilated the concurrency in terms of low light performances.

Instead of one standard focal camera with a shitton of MP and a second wide-angle camera, there would be more sense to put two camera of the same focal length, one "day" camera with a lot of MP if you want and a "night" camera with like 8MP but very good high ISO performances
>>
I've never bought a phone before, and after some research, I'm thinking about going with a Motorola X4. Would any of you recommend the X4/Moto phones in general?
>>
>>71375733
>want chink phone that supports lineage os
>all of them have fingerprint readers
Can I disable the fingerprint reader with tape?
>>
>>71380932
tin foil should to the job
>>
Mi 9 SE or REDMI NOTE 7????? HELP

The Mi 9 SE has the upsides of having:
>more metal instead of plastic
>AMOLED instead of IPC
>better CPU
But at the same time:
>no headphone jack
>slow fingerprint inside screen
>more expensive
>shit XDA support, almost no ROM available
I don't know what to do bros
>>
>>71381078
forgot to add:
>worse battery (3070mah) compared to the redmi
>"smaller" screen
>>
>>71357818
https://warosu.org/g/thread/S71356421#p71357818
To this anon from last thread, It's the battery.

I have the same phone, just the US Edition. I've had it for around 3 years now and the battery in the Moto X Play/Style/Pure Edition was never that great, even on release day. You'd get around 3 hours SoT.

Even if the internals are good, you're probably better off getting a new phone. The 808 isn't that great either, and the heat is insane.That isn't good for the battery, and most likely aided in it's rapid degredation. It's a bad design flaw. Replacing the battery for one of these phones isn't easy either, the batteries are low in stock and supply.

Most are suspected to be factory rejects being resold or third party bootlegs.

You should just get a new phone. If you want to stick with Motorola, get the Z4.
>>
>>71380121
the list of developers is fucking great and they're getting Arnova to dedicate time to a GCam Port
>>71380528
and you have experience with this or are you just parroting FUD?
>>
>>71381078
I'm on the same boat. Another plus for the Mi9SE imo is the size. It's price has also dropped significantly lately.

None of them have a notification led and yeah, too bad about the lack of jack and worse battery.
>>
>>71381678
Perhaps it would be a good idea to man up and get the Zenfone 6. It'll have great support with custom ROMs and whatnot. Far more polished phone than chinky garbage.
>>
File: xperia-play.jpg (70 KB, 600x560)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
Seriously considering getting the old xperia play and using it as my primary phone. Any advice on improving the UI a e s t h e t i c and getting the most out of the phone in the current year?
>>
>>71382028
Why does this board attract such useless trogs? Don't buy an antique shitphone.
>>
>>71381713
>Zenfone 6.
Shitty brand and literally twice as expensive. Th-thanks.
>>
Just bought mi mix 2s 6/128 for 230 euros 2 months used
Did i fucked up
>>
>>71382028
>xperia
oh come on. what makes you think that this would be a good idea?
>>
>>71382028
it was slow as fuck when it came out
it wasn't very reliable
it's a pain in the ass to fix

t. owned one, it was great for PSX games and that's it
just buy a fucking Vita and crack it.
>>
File: 1556870361709.gif (23 KB, 100x100)
23 KB
23 KB GIF
What's a good Twitter client for Android? I saw the Talon dev put his code on github, but I'm a mobile fag and I don't know how to compile.
>>
>>71382263
oh also:
The screen is tiny and shit
The controls are uncomfortable for long play
The wake switch in the screen slider is extremely unreliable
It's phenomenally slow, like it's frankly amazing it runs a PSX emulator at full speed at all.
>>
Used a P30 pro for a bit. It seemed very impressive in videos and reviews but seeing it person made me feel like the 5x zoom was a bit overrated.
I'd rather have great HDR and more true to life colors in video.
>>
File: 3axl.jpg (93 KB, 1280x720)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>71378973

Should have went with the 3a XL.

$480
>>
JUST GOT MY NEW OP7 PRO AMA NIGGAS :)
>>
File: 1560128100244.jpg (120 KB, 1279x712)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
Am I the only one who actually likes the aesthetic of the notch?
>>
>>71379983
The build quality is meh. Glass back and a plastic frame. Jerryrigeverything has a video about the durability on youtube. But with a hard case it should be fine.
>>
File: 1521131094007.jpg (62 KB, 450x600)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
We should really put together a recommended apps list. Seems strange that there isn't one already.
>>
>>71382506
how bad is the curve? any ghost touch issues on CPU-Z app? r u worried about phone randomly dying?
>>
>>71382684

not that dude but first phone i had with the curve, got used to it in 2 days, i'd prefer a flat display but it doesn't bother me too much

didn't have any problems with ghost touches or it rebooting or something
>>
>>71382669
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9We2XsVZfc
>>
>>71382684
screen is beautiful curve is nice. I don’t have the cpu Z app but ive read that they fixed that problem in the latest update. no it seems fine so far.
>>
>>71382071
I gonna do it. I don't know why people really need to have super high-end phones just to phonepost and watch videos. Don't act like you're really doing anything that requires even a quarter of the processing power or modern smartphones.

Controls look comfy for old games, and if it can text and browse twitter I'm good. Was just wondering how to make it pretty. I never got into android ricing when it was really popping on here.
>>
File: 000101 (3).png (1.01 MB, 1920x1080)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
Bezels are gonna come back and new innovation will be to add and improve cameras. Maybe flexible screens
>>
how long does a burger (verizon) need to wait for:
under screen front camera
no bezel or notch or holepunch or curved screen
fingerprint scanner anywhere
decent camera w/ gcam
amoled
1080p or higher
sd 855 or better
>>
i'm about to get a new phone, i'll try to not mess it up like I did with my old Zenfone.
Once I unlock the bootloader, can I install zip updates with the default recovery? I just want to install the ota fdroid privileged thing.
>>
>>71383117
Sales potential, outside /g, 0.03%
>>
>>71381267
Oh thanks anon for answering
Well it's the Moto X Play
it's a different phone to the X Style/Pure
the X Play is the Droid Maxx 2, I think
Snap 615, 2GB RAM, 1080 display, 3630mah battery

It never really gets hot in usage or charging for me - I don't do anythign intensive on my phone

There are quite a few replacement batteries on Aliexpress, the best reviewed one is cheap, only ~£10 - all weird Chinese no-name brands though. Too risky? In terms of potential fire?

Looking at the procedure on YouTube it doesn't seem too difficult.

This is what the battery has degraded to in 2.5 years btw - from 3600 to 2500
I got my mum the same phone almost at the same time - hers is doing a little better, down to 2700
>>
>>71383358
I have a pure with literally the same problem, only solution is new phone or battery. Replacing battery is easy on moto x. Personally im just getting a new phone, just wish they made modern phones without meme designs.
>>
>>71383517
>just wish they made modern phones without meme designs.
me too, bro. me too...
>>
stupid yet kind of self-educated question

I got a 64GB microsd for my phone (running android) and it formatted as fat32. However, I'm well aware of fat32's file size limit and it seems to be a ball break at this capacity so I can't load up HD javs or shit.

I also know exfat is the nu-fat and owned by Microsoft, but have heard misinformation about Android actually supporting it.

tldr if I ever want files over 4GB what do, format as internal? almost defeats the purpose and locks it down.
>>
>>71383750
I'm on Android 9 if it matters. I formatted exfat from linux and the phone didn't take it.
>>
>>71383750
Try linux fs, maybe ext3
>>
File: 153.jpg (9 KB, 232x293)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
Are there any network unlocked 5G phones to buy in the UK that aren't a dumb price soon? I at least want to benefit from the cancer.
>>
>>71376057
Is there any reason to believe that rumor? We already know it's K20 in India and Mi 9T in Europe. Where the fuck would it be launching as Poco F2?
>>
File: 1523929817679.png (524 KB, 480x698)
524 KB
524 KB PNG
>break Mi Mix 3 screen
>absolutely love Xiaomi phones and MIUI
>no other new Xiaomi phone has as many bands as Mi Mix 3 did

time for Pixel 3a I guess
>>
>>71375733
I need to replace my phone. I currently have an Xperia X Compact. I'm thinking of getting the Xperia XZ1 Compact because I like small phones, but am also considering the Xperia XZ Premium. Any other suggestions? PRC phones sketch me out.
>>
>>71384035
Pixel 3a
>>
File: IMG_20190607_214153.jpg (2.23 MB, 4000x3000)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB JPG
>>71382132
bought a mi 9 se, you can see notifications on the AOD display, cameras are really good, 16 hours of use and 5 and half hours of SoT.
Fingerprint is fast if you dont use a screen protector.
small size, big enough screen.
>>
>>71384042
>no microSD slot
>Goygle
>costs even more
Do you even /g/?
>>
>>71384123
you asked for suggestions and I suggested a phone that wasn't
a) a dogshit Sony
b)PRC sketch phone
deal with it nerd
>>
When the fuck is the price of the K20 pro going to decrease?
>>
>>71382481
look at the size of those notches. Not even a flagship chip. What is Google's problem, why can't they price their phones reasonably. The sold 10x the volume every year when they did the Nexus line for a fair price. Now they produce the same shit hardware and charge out the ass for it. And people still fucking buy it.

Imagine a world where the Nexus line didn't die. Oneplus wouldn't even exist.
>>
>>71383173
Bump this question
Can l install zip updates with the default android (xiaomi?) recovery?
>>
>>71384241
In a month or two when Xiaomi announce the real Poco F2
>>
>>71376410

Short answer, no. Samsung KNOX will help protect you from emerging threats and protect your privacy.

Think of it like a wallet, would you carry all your cards around in your pocket? Only if you want your credit card to be hacked.
>>
>>71384264

what notches?..
>>
>>71384393
Wtf? Another one? Is it confirmed?
>>
>>71384441
>>71375884
>>
>gotta wait a week to unlock my phone
stupid chinks
>>
US k20 when?
>>
File: 1535496168575.gif (9 KB, 300x250)
9 KB
9 KB GIF
Can I get a quick rundown on T-Mobile? What do they do? Why?
>>
>>71375733
Buy Motorola one.
>>
Moto Z4 looks good
>>
>>71384438
meant bezels obviously
>>
My Nexus 6P is finally going. Should I get a Samsung a50 or Pixel 3a?
>>
File: 1560171943942.jpg (30 KB, 699x466)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>71384915

People like you are part of the problem.

You think a hole in the fucking screen is a better option? How important to you is a selfie camera?

For $480...I get a Pixel phone with three years of updates, 6-8 hours of SoT, headphone jack, and no notch in 2019.
>>
>>71384241
>>71384393
>>71384441
>>71384453
>>71375884
Are you genuinely suggesting I shouldn't buy a 9T Pro and wait yet longer for another possible phone or is this memes?
>>
I'm looking for a new handheld...
What I'd like is:
Price point: around $200
has headphone jack
rootable/unlocked bootloader to install LineageOs
Carrier: cricket
5in screen at least if possible
that's really about it. any good suggestions? It certainly doesn't need to be top of the line or anything but I'm having a hard time finding a newer model with a headphone jack and appropriate information regarding the bootloader being locked or not. I had been looking at a Moto Play Z2 but didn't want to take the risk getting one I couldn't reflash as some of the info I found was a little contradictory.
>>
File: 1533382104389.png (109 KB, 406x314)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
I have a 6 years old Galaxy Tab 3 and it's finally shitting the bed, apps close by itself, turns off by itself and other shit, it's running Android 4.2.2. Is there anything I can do to save it? I just use it to read manga, PDFs and watch Youtube and it's really fucking convenient for studying. Pic related.
>>
>>71385360
Install lineage?
>>
>>71385155
Dont fall for never ending xiaomo wait game
>>
>>71385431
>[ROM][GT-P52XX][UNOFFICIAL][7.1.2] LineageOS 14.1
I'm asuming this one? I have no idea about this kind of shit, sorry.
>>
Any alternatives to those popsockets? I'm trying to have a better posture while using my phone and I need something to help me hold it more vertically.
>>
I have a OnePlus 3T right now but the camera has stopped focusing, the aux input is fucked so earphones will disconnect if jiggled too much (this was my fault), and it's only 64 gigs. I just want to know if I should stick with oneplus or try something else out, maybe a motorola or htc something idk.

>$500 limit
>headphone jack
>unlocked

that's it, was looking at the OP5T right now, was thinking of just picking one up off amazon, dunno if that's a good or a bad idea though as opposed to ordering from the manufacturer, which is what I did with the OP3T
>>
>>71385690
Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro.
>>
>>71385705
I'm an amerifat, so only stuff that ships here unfortunately. Don't want to have to pull any extra strings
>>
The other day I bought a Nokia 6300 (I know, not a *smart*phone) from aliexpress. Is this device free from the botnet?
>>
>>71375733
BBOS 10
>>
>>71385809
No, it isn't. Symbian isn't open source and you lack permission managers, firewalls and such either way.
>>
>>71385690
I have a Samsung A70 arriving tomorrow. Checks all your boxes, plus 6.7 OLED, 128g of storage, plus SD card slot
>>
>>71384926
I just pulled the trigger on a Pixel 3a after weighing my other options, namely the Xiaomi line of chinkshit (K20/Mi mix/Mi9). I also come from a Nexus 6P and the things I really liked about that phone were the screen, the stock android, rear-mounted fingerprint sensor and the stereo speakers. Chinkshit is usually great value but I found their cameras to be underwhelming compared to the 3a and that was the deal breaker. I don't game and I'm not a poweruser so I dont give a shit about CPU and RAM. And MIUI is fucking aids, nothing beats (modded) stock android.
>>
>>71377185
>Asus Zenfone is on Amazon for $389AUD
Nigga link me I'll buy it right now. Can't find it.
>>
>>71386060
Different guy but I'm in the same boat as you except 64 gigs isn't enough since I store a lot of music on my phone. Such a shame the pixel 3a doesn't come with a microsd slot
>>
>>71386063
https://www.amazon.com.au/ASUS-ZenFone-Max-Pro-International/dp/B07FZTTLQ3

It says it's the international version. I dunno it supports the bands my network uses though?
>>
>>71386060
>Chinkshit is usually great value but I found their cameras to be underwhelming compared to the 3a and that was the deal breaker
Your Pixel 3a is Chinese as well (so was your Huawei Nexus 6P) and it has a single sensor. In no way are Xiaomi's flagships underwhelming hardware wise and there's also gcam. You're also stuck with just 64 GB of internal storage on either standard or the XL variant and no more than 4 GB of RAM options. If these aren't a deal breaker along with costing as much as Xiaomi's flagships - I don't know what is.
>>
>>71386155
Forgot to mention one more thing - complaining about MIUI on such developer devices is a moot point. Custom ROM communities are easily as big as those of Google Pixel phones.
>>
>>71386134
Ah I was expecting the Zenfone 6.

That's an old Zenfone which has a terrible UI.
>>
>>71386155
>>71386167
I just say chinkshit to be cheeky. The sensors on the xiaomemes may be good for their price and they can have triple lens setups, but even with gcam installed, night-mode photos are slightly better on the pixel and most of the pics I take are in low-light environments like bars (never use video so idc about that either). About the roms, I'm aware you can install pixel-experience but it comes with certain bugs and some features disabled.

I never came close to filling out my Nexus 6P in 3 years, I can't imagine the 64GB storage giving me trouble. I'm aware I'm a pretty light user and most people on /g/ would appreciate the better hardware specs on Xiaomi phones and may not give a shit about the camera (which are perfectly adequate cameras anyway) and thats fine. I would've really loved to get the K20 pro but it seems the global version will be slightly more expensive and it's still going to be a fucking hassle to get it in my country. I came quite close on pulling the trigger on a Mi Mix 3 but the lower price and all the features I liked of the Nexus 6P made me go for the pixel.

Also I find weird how the 6P didn't need to make as many compromises to be a good mid-range phone compared to the 3a. The nexus has a bigger battery, better resolution panel, metal body and a much prettier design than the 3a and its a fucking 2015 phone.
>>
>>71386323
and Gorilla Glass I might add.

Fucking jews at Google should've never killed the Nexus line. All of these Xiaomis, OnePlus and Zenphones wouldn't be a fucking thing if not for the Pixel being sold as a ((((flagship)))
>>
>>71384944
No fuck notches. But compare those bezels to the 5t that came out 2 years ago. It's a joke. Google is selling shit hardware and overcharging worse than apple. Their QC is a joke too.
>>
>>71386323
>About the roms, I'm aware you can install pixel-experience but it comes with certain bugs and some features disabled.
What bugs? This isn't universal, rather almost entirely device dependant. Custom ROMs only add features, not remove them, unless you consider gimmicks like Samsung heart rate monitor or whatever the fuck an actual useful feature.
>Also I find it weird how the 6P didn't need to make as many compromises to be a good mid-range phone compared to the 3a
First of all, it wasn't a mid range phone, not with Snapdragon 810 at the time at least. And if that SoC alone wasn't a compromise - I don't know what is. It also lacked a micro SD card slot and any semblance of competent engineering. It was also unwieldy. Just a reminder:
https://youtu.be/tTIaUH6PIvo
>>
>>71386376
>Custom ROMs only add features, not remove them
Last time I checked, the pixel-experience ROM for the K20 was having issues with Google Pay. Some users were reporting issues with the proximity sensor also. Shit like that. I'd much rather spare me the inconvenience
>>
>>71386345
>All of these Xiaomis, OnePlus and Zenphones wouldn't be a fucking thing if not for the Pixel being sold as a ((((flagship)))
Not sure what you're exactly complaining about here - affordable prices, unparalleled value for money in case of Xiaomi as well as strong developer communities? Sign me the fuck up, no? And Xiaomi is only getting better. Let's also not forget that Google Nexus/Pixel devices are just a thing in the US and always have been.
>>
>>71386393
The device was released not even two week ago. Some devices need months before developers start working on them and this new of a device already has custom ROMs. That's mind boggling and of course it can have bugs. Google Pay being broken, I mean come on - this is more of a niche feature than NFC. It will most likely be fixed later and phones from time to time have issues with proximity sensors on custom ROMs - nothing that can't be worked out.
>>
>>71386395
they have strong developer communities because all the devs that supported the nexus line left when the pixel 1s came out. Now the entire community chasing lineage and Omni and other ROMs get OnePlus and xiaomi.
>>
>>71386376
500$ on launch and I got it from 400$ (64GB) in August 2016. I'd say it was a mid-range. I admit it was easily bendable but the thing was built like a fucking rock otherwise. I'm a clumsy fucker and I dropped my nexus in every way possible during my 3 years of usage and it has 0 structural damage aside from the power button being kinda fucked from a slight bend (although I was using a spiegen case so maybe it was that). The current 3a doesn't have Gorilla Glass but at least its lighter and doesn't bend. The 6P display still makes me cum in pant to this day (sRGB enabled of course), I hope the 3a doesn't disappoint me
>>
>>71381078
Se for smoll phone. Rn7/p for poor fags
>>
Is it possible to root my phone without flashing?
>>
>>71382669
What in the blue fuck is that?
>>
>>71384148
Fuck you, Sony is awesome. Better than the Pixel phones with endless issues.
>>
>>71386373
Camera is good though. Thinking of getting one for my wife. The OnePlus is a bit more and she probably wants better low light photos.
>>
Looking into getting a new phone. I have a big boy job so I'm cool with paying something like $600-800 if my phone will be significantly nicer to use for a few years than a cheaper phone. Do top tier Chinese phones compete with other companies' flagships in terms of performance and features? Is Chinese spying a legitimate concern?
>>
>>71386728
OnePlus 7 Pro is nice if you like big phones
>>
File: htc-desire-9-plus.1.jpg (26 KB, 720x477)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
IDK why but I will always have a soft spot for HTC and feel sad that they can't release a decent flagship anymore.
>>
>>71386839
I like the performance but I don't like the lack of a headphone jack. Any other recs?
>>
>>71386872
You can fuck off and forget about the jack, damn you. It's going the way of the dodo. Even Samsung axed it from their upcoming Note 10 phones. Everyone else WILL follow suit.
Fucking hate when randos start cribbing because muh jack isn't there.
>>
>>71386912
>posted from my iMac
>>
File: 1559265777160.gif (1.01 MB, 501x341)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB GIF
Fuck, is their still no definitive list on all the international bands the Mi9t will have, yet?
>>
How big of a hassle if to replace battery in new smartphones? I have had Huawei P10 lite for 18 months and noticed less battery life on average.
>>
>>71386912
cringe
>>
>>71386912
Coping: the post
>>
>>71386920
>>71387056
Keep limiting your choices then, in another few years the jack and expandable storage will completely go. Just like the removable battery. And then physical buttons will go too. The smartphone world is getting FUBAR.
>>
>>71387094
The writing's on the wall. It's not a one off thing. Samsung killing the jack on their flagship, Xiaomi killing SD card support on their budget K20 Pro, you tell me if this will all suddenly stop happening down the line.
>>
File: 2019_06_09_235.jpg (55 KB, 785x505)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>71387005
here.
>>
>>71387005
>>71387125
isn't it supposed to be released today anyway?
>>
>>71387113
Also losing sd card slot is good because clouds can store more than sd cards will ever do and clouds are free.
>>
>>71387136
yes
>>
>>71387147
I don't trust cloudshit. I'll always use physical storage.
>>
>>71386872
The galaxy s10
>>
>>71387179
>pillshit in the age of under display cameras
I'd rather wait for the S11.
>>
When is the 9T Pro presentation?
>>
>>71380034
Pretty sure the leaked retail price in Europe was something like 349€
>>
I want a phone with the Sony IMX586 sensor to try out. Something cheap, I don't care about how fast it is. I was thinking the Redmi K20 but I saw there was a phone from Oppo's budget brand, RealMe X with the same sensor. It is about $100 cheaper than the K20. Anyone have experience with it?
>>
File: Chinkshit btfo.png (856 KB, 2160x1080)
856 KB
856 KB PNG
>>71387415
Still falling for the sensor meme?
>>
>>71387272
Get the mi 9t
>>
>>71387517
I don't know how to install lineage and I'm not using chinky miui
>>
Please explain to me how it's impossible to have front firing speakers on a bezel less phone. If they can fit an earpiece speaker on top, why can't they fit another speaker in the bottom?
>>
>>71387665

charging port
>>
>>71387677
Shibal
>>
>>71387125
>>71387005
anyone know if it will work for telstra/boost in Australia?
>>
>>71388199
Looks like Telstra is using band 3, 8 and 28, so yes.
>>
Will the OnePlus 7T have in display cameras? I'm still waiting for that so I can buy a phone without notches.
>>
should i buy rn7 4/64 or samsung a50 6/128 for 100 bucks more?
>>
ASUS sending this phone to developers sealed it for me.

The terrible launch (no shipments, no release dates, no communication) made me totally lose hope about them being serious about this phone, especially with the K20 basically being almost the same phone for a lower price. But now that I know I'm getting developer support, I'm willing to forgive the display and the rattle and whatever else.
>>
Bought a mint OnePlus 5 recently . 200 us dollars. Works good. Better battery life than my Nokia 6.1. did I score?
>>
WHEN IS THE XIAOMI LAUNCH EVENT
GIVE ME THE MI 9T PRO ALREADY
I NEED A NEW PHOOOOOOOONE AND I NEED IT NOW
>>
>>71388249
OP7 Pro doesn't have a notch
>>
>>71388315
REEEEEEEEEEE
but honestly I'm on the same boat
9T when
>>
>>71388294
Who cares about muh launch, the display is great its just OLED zoomers whining because it's not black as the cocks they see in their pornos and hopefully the rattle is just an isolated thing.
>>
>>71388323
It's way more expensive than the regular OnePlus 7 too. I don't want a meme high res display that will only spoil regular 60hz screens for me and fuck that curved display.
>>
>>71388372
Launch matters a lot. I don't want a phone with no support.
>>
>>71376410
Stop exaggerating. Samshit one ui now is nowhere near the bloat it used to be, and you can disable the preinstalled shit. Knox is also a legitimate feature and you would have to be retarded to buy the latest samshit and root it just for autism sake, knocking out Knox.
Exynos shits the battery though, so hope you have the sd.
>>
>>71388423
Not him, but how is Knox useful to the consumer at all? I hope you're not deluding yourself into thinking there's no government backdoor in there.
>>
Why is everyone going goo goo ga ga over the mi9t?

the k20 pro is way better and still well priced
>>
>>71388423
>Knox is also a legitimate feature and you would have to be retarded to buy the latest samshit and root it just for autism sake, knocking out Knox.
So are you for it or against it? Really the only device that has potential since the S7/S7 Edge is the A70, because it's a global "mid range" phone with a Snapdragon SoC. So, there's not even worth trying on any others, since custom ROMs are unstable, unusable or abandoned.
>>71388462
Oh boy, a physical flash counter on Samsung devices to fuck poeple out of warranty is all of a sudden a government backdoor. Would like to see a source on that one.
>>
>>71388492
the 9t pro is the k20 global edition retard
>>
>>71388527
the pro is still a better phone
>>
>>71388533
They're both the same phone, just different names for different regions.
>>
>>71388533
It's the same phone, just with a Xiaomi instead of a Redmi logo.
>>
>>71388526
>a physical flash counter on Samsung devices to fuck poeple out of warranty is all of a sudden a government backdoor

I'm not saying Knox itself is a government backdoor you sperg. I'm saying that it serves no purpose for the customer and that it doesn't increase security because there's surely a government backdoor there to get in without tripping it.
>>
>>71388571
>I'm saying that it serves no purpose for the customer and that it doesn't increase security
Agreed.
>because there's surely a government backdoor there to get in without tripping it.
Still don't know where you're pulling this from, but I'd take a guess.
>>
>>71388637
>Still don't know where you're pulling this from, but I'd take a guess.

Well then, take that guess. I don't understand why you're taking offense with this idea.
>>
What music player are you using? I'm trying to listen to .ogg. I see that foobar2k is on Android, but I'm not found of the UI.
>>
If Evan tweets it it's pretty much confirmed right?
>>
>>71388921
What? Where's the notch?
>>
>>71388952
Pop-up
>>
anything about the 9t pro pricing?
>>
>>71388727
I'm taking offense with you talking out of your ass.
>>
File: IMG_20190612_130616.jpg (173 KB, 1920x1080)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>71389109
From the Spanish official twitter
>>
NO PRO VERSION FOR THE GLOBAL K20?
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME
WHY WON'T THEY RELEASE A PRO VERSION
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>71389092
Dream on. Sauce me on the pop up claim.
>>
>>71389109
>>71389173
No pro version for now I mean
>>
>>71389180
I WANTED THE PRO VERSION
FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU
GIVE ME THE PRO ALREADY YOU CHINK FUCKS
>>
>>71389193
Zenfone 6, man up and do the right thing. Stop buying chinky chinee shit. Don't you want that sweet 5000mAh battery? Dev support is guaranteed too.
>>
>>71389201
I wanted to buy the Zenfone, love the phone and especially the camera, but I really don't like the display
But there won't be a 9T Pro so I guess I'll get the Zenfone
>>
what are good non-samsung alternatives to the note series?
>>
>>71389201
I don't want to spend $750 AUD on a phone tho
>>
>>71389226
There's literally nothing wrong with an IPS display. Don't you use monitors? They're IPS too. Calibrate it and it'll look gorgeous. OLED isn't all that, I compared my IPS chinkphone to my friend's XS Max and wasn't impressed enough.
>>
>>71389247
The Note used to stand for no compromises. They're changing that with the Note 10, which removes the jack. Get the Zenfone 6, it's a Note in everything but the OLED panel and the S pen. Otherwise get the Note 9 lol it's the last good Note.
>>
File: 1558655986367.png (895 KB, 1353x582)
895 KB
895 KB PNG
My mum dropped her Zenfone 3 into gunky water by accident but I scooped it up in one piece and wiped the shit out of it with alcohol wipes and screen wipes, then dabbed it with clean water. All seems to be well except the fact that the headphone jack got fucked so now it's always showing the headphone icon meaning she can't hear any sound from the phone. We tried a hair dryer, sliding graphite in there and using toothpicks but all to no avail. Before having to get a new phone, are there any other possible options we could try? She doesn't care about using headphones so we're fine to fuck up the jack as long as we can get rid of the headphone icon.
>>
>>71389285
yeah i'm looking to upgrade but i can't justify switching to a phone that doesn't have an accompanied stylus. The note has spoiled me lmao

I hate that the 9s are still so expensive even almost 2 years later
>>
>>71389302
Note 9 is one year old
>>
>>71380101
I will never buy a Meizu
>>
>>71389323
shit u rite, my bad
>>
>>71389336
Is the stylus really that great? What do you use it for?
>>
No 9T Pro version why even exist

I need a new phone, what phone am I meant to get now
>>
>>71389352
I personally love it. Use it almost daily.

General things like jotting down notes, doodling in apps like Autodesk, comes in handy if you need to do any photo editing on your phone as well - the added precision kicks ass when you need to drag objects/items across the screen
>>
>>71383358
>all weird Chinese no-name brands though. Too risky? In terms of potential fire?
Yes, and yes. There's literally no telling what you'll get with some shitty off brand third party battery.

Especially the battery protection circuit. You're honestly better off putting that money towards a budget for a new phone. You have to try to find a genuine OEM Motorola battery, if you're going to replace it anyways.

>>71383517
Try an Xperia, my man. Or a BLU Pure View if you only want to spend $130. Moto X4 is nice too.
>>
Cheapest phone that has a great big screen and great big battery?

Go
>>
>>71389375
Source
>>
>>71389448
USA or global bands?
>>
>>71388338
>>71388315
The blog already features the release for the 9T on the 17th in Spain, but no date for the Pro version, lol. I'm also waiting for this piece of shit.
>>
>>71389431
I'm considering the Xperia 10 series or Pixel 3a but the thing is I have money to spend, just not 1k. Just wish there was a mid-lower high range phone with no meme shit. Probably just gonna get a OnePlus 7 pro
>>
>>71389451
>>71389466
http://blog.mi.com/en/2019/06/12/mi-9t-xiaomis-latest-flagship-makes-its-debut-in-spain/
>>
>>71389375
I'm so FUCKING mad. WHY won't they release a pro version, looking at the reaction so far this could have easily been the most sold phone in Europe.
>>
>>71389475
Define meme shit.
>>
>>71389457
global
>>
>>71389479
But this indian article says both are arriving today... How could a man who shits in the street be wrong
https://www.indiatoday.in/technology/news/story/xiaomi-mi-9t-mi-9t-pro-launch-today-likely-rebranded-redmi-k20-and-redmi-k20-pro-respectively-1547052-2019-06-12
>>
>>71389498
What's your budget? Highest you'll go.
>>
>>71389493
Notch
Curved display
Basically any gimmick that takes away in certain areas while gaining nothing important.
>>
>>71389512
Prefer to keep it to about $500 AUD, don't wanna go over $600 tho
>>
>>71389539
Redmi note 7
>>
>>71389539
Galaxy A80 to A10
Moto G7
Moto One Vision
Pixel 3a if you don't want a notch/hole punch
Galaxy S8/S9 from an authorized retailer (Amazon or the australian equivalent)

Motorola has a good warranty offered for their phones, and Samsung as well. It's the warranty you want to go after if you get fucked over. Customer support is alright.

Samsung offers high end specs at a lower price, without the fancier novelties that come with their flagships with the A series.

God help you if you get a Xiaomi/Umidigi/Doogee phone and it breaks.
>>
>>71388294
>ASUS sending this phone to developers sealed it for me.
THey're literally just sending free phones and begging for free support. Why are you sure
>>
No Mi 9T Pro ;_;
Guess I'll have to buy the OP 7 Pro now.
>>
>>71389668
Id rather not buy a smartphone outright then ever give oneplus my money
>>
>>71389685
I need a new one and actually waited because I thought the chinks were smart enough to release the 9T Pro
>>
>>71389634
>Samsung offers high end specs at a lower price, without the fancier novelties that come with their flagships with the A series.
lol you can't be fucking serious cunt
>>
>>71389685
>buying a smartphone ever
No one here actually buys phones. You look at spreadsheets of a phone you like then make fun of other people for not having it.

That's how it works here.
>>
>>71389645
and that's bad because?
>>
>>71389711
>I thought the chinks were smart enough to release the 9T Pro

>only release 9T base model globally
>no mention of a 9T pro so everyone just buys the regular one
>2 months later release the pro version so people end up buying another new phone
>>
>>71389732
I wanted the 9T non-pro anyway so I'm happy
Sorry anons
>>
>>71375733
huawei p30 pro

i think its dope
>>
>>71389750
Software sucks ass tho
>>
>>71389645
It's not like the devs won't make proper lineage or gcam ports for it, they'll put it to use.
>>
>>71389732
The 9T is actually as expensive as the K20 Pro.
Sneaky chinks.
>>
>>71389748
how much worse is the non pro compares to the pro?
>>
So, what's the point of buying the 9T if I can just buy a K20 on a chink webshop?
>>
>>71389793
You get a snapdragon 855 in the pro, and a snapdragon 730 in the non-pro, and I think that's about it. So, if you're not gaming on your phone, like me, it should make zero difference
>>
File: 1399754656944.png (147 KB, 469x359)
147 KB
147 KB PNG
>>71375733
My ZTE Axon7 is broken, whats a good upgrade?
My limit is $400.
>>
>>71389761
>sneaky
That's what anybody who isn't a retard expected.
>dropped Redmi brand in favor of more expensive Mi brand
>base K20 price started at 2k yuan in China, Mi 9 SE with the same chinese price released for 350€ in Europe
>idiots still think it'd be the second coming of Pocophone in terms of price
>>
>>71389793
worse processor
less ram
worse internal cooling
only quick charging, don't get access to the turbo quick charging

everything else is pretty similar
>>
Prove you're not a LARPer by posting the phone(s) you bought this year and the last.
>This year
Umidigi F1 Play, returned to get a OnePlus 7 pro later this year.
>>
>>71389826
Just saw that the K20 has a Sony IMX582 sensor and the K20 Pro a Sony IMX 586, but I have no idea if it makes much of a difference.
>>
>>71389852
>worse internal cooling
explain yourself
>>
>>71389879
I think the only difference is the lack of 4k60fps recording.
>>
>>71389880
pro model has liquid cooling

non pro model does not
>>
>>71388921
it's fake pixel 4 confirmed to have a chin and a forehead ala pixel 2 xl but around 2x smaller, to hold the dual front facing speakers and face unlock tech( ir blaster etc.)
>>
>>71389895
> liquid cooling
> a phone
does the pro version has RGB fans too?
>>
>>71389190
Can't, I'm literally dreaming
>>
>>71389920
No, it only has buzzword cooling, anon misinterpreted it.
>>
>>71389731
>and that's bad because?
because it doesn't guarantee shit. All I see is them getting free shit. If Asus hired them or contracted them to develop for the zenfone, I would feel confident but this means nothing.
>>
Are there any other phones with > 60hz displays other than the op7pro?
>>
>>71389289
Stuff some shit in there that can take on dirt and you can pull out. I used to invert the ends of my shoelaces and wiggle them around to decalc the contacts on my S5 after going underwater with it. You should also try some nonconductive solvents, like alcohols with little water content, and detergents with distilled water maybe. I never had such an issue persist for an appreciable amount of time.
>>
>>71390004
Gaymer phones mostly. Nubia Red Magic has 90Hz, Razer phone has 120Hz, not sure about the others.
>>
>>71389852
you can still get 8gb/256gb versions of the non-pro
>>
I broke my mi a1 screen, what's the cheap good phone to get now?
>>
>>71390001
how the fuck is development supposed to happen without the developers, oh I don't know, HAVING THEIR FUCKING HANDS ON THE DEVICE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE DEVELOPING FOR?
>>
>>71390095
Redmi Note 7
Maybe wait for Mi A3
>>
>>71389890
reeeeee I wanted 4k 60fps recording
Now I need to get the Zenfone which looks much worse
>>
I see many recommend the Redmi Note 7 for $200 range.
But is there another value oriented option that's a little bit smaller?

I wanna use my phone one handed
>>
>>71390026
Tks. Don't do gaming on phone because it's degen, but fast refresh is always nice.
>>
File: 1538212568236.jpg (3.48 MB, 2330x2870)
3.48 MB
3.48 MB JPG
>new updates still didn't fix ghost touches
>phone literally dies in less than a month

I want to get this so bad but dear Lord everyday it has a new problem
>>
>>71389815
9T has some extra bands
>>
>>71384510
Cheaper decent service unless you are in the middle of nowhere. Some good deals if you switch to them.
>>
>>71390236
looks like i dodged a bullet
1 more hour to wait before the Xiaomi Mi 9T is officially announced in France. Can't wait
>>
>>71382559
thank you very much!
>>
>>71390246
yeah I checked on gsmarena and the K20 misses a few LTE bands userd by my phone operator
thanks anon
>>
Why is the lg v30 so cheap in AliExpress? It's like $200
>>
>>71390254
WHAT
SOURCE?
>>
File: 1541241171678.jpg (104 KB, 1500x1500)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
thoughts?
>>
>>71390311
facebook page XiaomiFrance
>>
>>71390319
The design is beautiful
>>
>>71390319
gorgeous phone, fuck the haters
shame it is an overpriced piece of shit
>>
>>71390254
I thought I read 9T Pro for a second
FUCKING HELL
>>
>>71390384
sorry anon
>>
>>71375733
>My Next Phone Edition
I want a phone with removable battery, NFC, headphone jack, no notch, no curved screen corners. And for it to be be a huge phone because I want it to be used with one hand. Searching gsmarena, only LG G3 and G5 fit these requirements.
Deciding to compromise, I searched for such phones but with an irremovable battery. Matching against local availability, I went for Nokia 8.
Did I fuck up? If so, by how much?
>>
Mi9t is up on amazon.it for 299€
>>
Don't know why ya'll stressing, it has been stated by many outlets that there will be a 9t pro

be patient
>>
Is the Pocofone F1 still a good phone?
>>
>>71389850
How the fuck is it not when it's only 50 € more expensive than Poco at launch?
>>
>>71390503
where?
>>
>>71390503
The only proof a Mi 9T Pro even exists is a geekbench run
Xiaomi only teased one phone on Twitter and there's only been pictures of the base Mi 9T packaging floating around
>>
>>71390532
At this rate it might be better than the 9T since the only real upgrade was in the 9T Pro which apparently doesn't exist
>>
>>71390310
Because LG is on their way out of smartphone manufacturing. They've built overpriced and bootlooping phones for generations, along with weaseling their way out of responsibilities for that.
>>
Why the fuck are phones so expensive for aussies

asus zenfone 6 upwards of $750
op7 upwards of $750
the old mi9 is still $899
google pixel 3a is $650

shit's fucked
>>
>>71390578
everybody knows shit's fucked
>>
>>71390578
Massive taxes you retard
>>
>Mi 9T releases on the 17th
>it's only the 6/64 version
>6/128 will release in the following weeks
Reeeeeeee
>>
>>71390578
Speaking of Australian suffering, why the fuck are we one of the fucking few meme countries obsessed with Band 28. I was holding off from buying a K20 Pro because the 9T has B28 while the K20 doesn't, and now we fucking find out the 9T Pro is a NEVER EVER.
>>
Tell me what year Android phones will bend the bottom screen part to eliminate the chin
>>
>>71390578
At least your 500mbit broadband doesn't cost more than 40 bucks a month right?
>>
>>71390538
>50€ more expensive than Poco at launch
>for the version with a SoC weaker than Poco's
See the value yet?
>>
>>71390427
What about G4? It has all of those things. I have been using one for the last 4 years.
>>
>>71390626
no fucking shit fagface
>>
is pixel 3a battery the same kind of garbage like pixel 1 xl?

i'm stuck with mi a2lite which beside battery life is not that good. because the fucking battery life on og pixel was fucking GARBAGE with like 3h SOT

4000mah should be fucking minimum and i'm never buying another phone with less.
>>
>>71390703
try 50mbit internet that costs 80 a month
>>
>>71390236
That's what you get for considering chinkshit.
>>
>>71390795
Zenfone 6 is the king of battery life, 14 hours guaranteed.
>>
How big will the iPhone xi battery be now that their are removing the haptic meme?
>>
ASUS Zenfone ZE553KL
or
Samsung Galaxy A8 Star

which one?
>>
Xiaomi Mi 9T just got announced in France
349€ for the 6GB / 128GB version
Buying it right now
>>
>>71391022
Not even alluding to a pro release seems like a tactical misstep.
WHERE PRO, CHINAMAN?
>>
>>71391044
I was aiming for the K20 non-pro equivalent anyway
349€ is a fucking steal
>>
File: 9t.jpg (90 KB, 888x716)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
green is my pepper
>>
Should I wait for the 9T Pro? Is there any evidence that there will be a 9T Pro?
>>
>>71391153
can't decide if I want the 9T black or blue
>>
>>71391168
Why the fuck did they keep the red button on the blue?
>>
>>71391162
So far the absence of evidence of its existence is basically evidence of its non-existence, at least for the near future.
>>
>>71391022
So, I'll be in Napoli in a few weeks. Any physical store where I can get one of them chink phones?

Are there Xiaomi stores? Hopefully by then the 9T pro will be available.
>>
>>71391193
There's a Xiaomi store near my office in Paris, I called them before my order, they didn't had any 9T in stock and they didn't know when it will be available at the store
>>
>>71391168
I found the blue effect a bit too gaymer for my tastes
>>
>>71391214
call them and ask about the 9t pro
>>
Why are y'all so hot to buy chinkshit?
>>
Chinkomi gonna release mi9t pro as pocophone f2 in europe
Fuck them
>>
>>71391284
because koreans are just slightly better mutated chinks
we go for the originals
>>
>>71391284
Cheap but powerful, and I like spending as little as possible
>>
>9T sold out everywhere in Europe
reeeeeeeee
>>
>>71391320
the 128GB black is still available on xiaomi website
>>
Has anybody here used franztesca's MiUnlockTool on Linux to unlock a Redmi Note 7? Are there any pitfalls I should be wary of?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software-hacking/tool-miunlocktool-unlock-bootloader-t3782444
>>
>>71391311
>Chinkomi gonna release mi9t pro as pocophone f2 in europe
This might be the missing piece to the puzzle. See you in August, lol.
>>
9T is 450€ on Amazon France and Germany, what kind of joke is that
>>
>>71391413
go on xiaomi website
>>
>>71391413
Supply and demand
>>
>>71391425
shut the fuck up
>>
Well I pulled the trigger. I bought a K20 Pro because FUCK EUROPE, FUCK EUROPEANS AND FUCK JANNIES
>>
>>71391419
where's the shop?
>>
>>71391464
mi.com
>>
>Everyone gonna get a zenfone 6 now
feels good
>>
Im gonna buy k20pro
I really don't give a shit about b20 band
The only fucking question will it have any fucking community support
>>
>>71391481
fuck in the italian shop they're just selling the 6/64
>>
>>71391526
I would, but it's too expensive for me. Not paying 500+ when I can get the 9T for 350.
>>
>>71391554
>Not paying 500+ when I can get the 9T for 350.
Man up.
>>
just bought the 9T with 128GB for 350€.
>>
>>71391566
feels so good
>>
So sd730 is not better than 845
Shit
I got bored from my mi mix 3, fuck them from not releasing the pro version
>>
File: 1541273816224.webm (2.36 MB, 1280x720)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB WEBM
>>71391526
Yeah just tell July to hurry up and get here so I can buy it!
>>
>>71391566
where? I can only find the 64GB one
>>
>>71391627
on xiaomi french web store
>>
Does it matter if I buy Redmi K20 pro, it gets the same bands as my Redmi note 5 cn version
>>
>>71391647
can I buy from the french xiaomi store when I'm somewhere else in Europe
>>
>>71391537
64 ought to be enough for anybody
>>
>>71391673
I have no idea, sorry anon
>>
>>71391673
Tried it from Italy but it says my postal code is invalid.
>>
are most of you american or eurocucks? cant imagine americans buying any redmi shit when their devices don't support AMERICAN bands
>>
>>71391672
It will work but it won't have any custom development
>>
>>71391762
I was born in Illinois but i live in Serbia
So I'm both
>>
can I get a tier ranking list of the current phones pls
>>
Should i get the mi 9t no pro version ?
>>
>>71391862
yes anon
>>
>>71391804
Only two phones worth of note around these parts.

You either get the 9t pro or the zenfone 6 if you're in the US. That's it. Oneplus 7 is too expensive now for the same shit at the end of the day.
>>
File: 1559905995947.jpg (58 KB, 640x427)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
Pixel 3a y/n?
[spoiler] Going from a samsung s7e I haven't upgraded in years [spoiler]
>>
>>71391928
Retarded btw
>>
>>71391928
If you're really into photo then yes
Otherwise it's Xiaomi Mi 9T: superior on every level but photo
>>
>not a single dutch shop with the mi 9t
>>
>>71391951
Well photo department gonna be like 85% of the pixel's with the gcam
>>
ATTENTION EVERYONE
The Xiaomi Mi 9T 6GB / 64GB is currently at 299€ on a french webstore named Cdiscount
And I think they DO deliver accross all Europe
Good luck
>>
>>71391990
>64GB
>>
>>71391990
That website literally advertises like it was 900 euros retail
>>
Anyone using some nice skin fit foobar2k in Android?
>>
>>71382889
>hurr just play always online games using shitty touchscreen controls and heat the shit out of your phone and ruin the battery

ignore them anon, current year phones are a massive meme, there's a reason so many people are still using an SE or 5s
>>
>>71392005
the 128GB is also available on cdiscount for 349€

>>71392010
yeah they tend to do that a lot
>>
>>71383948
US
>>
Any recommendations for an unlocked smart phone under $120? Was thinking about the DOOGEE X60L. If it matters, I'm taking the phone to Japan.
>>
Best current year smallphone to use as mp3 player? Just out of curiosity.

Currently using a 5c. All I ever use it for is music and [spoiler]a large collection of furry porn[/spoiler]
>>
File: Hot_Dog.jpg (40 KB, 218x314)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
Does anyone have any recommendations on where to get custom phone cases? I'm worried the novelty of putting a picture on a case will lead to a case with very little protection.
>>
>>71392122
Just get something cheap with an sd card slot if you mainly use it for music.
>>
>>71392126
https://www.spreadshirt.com/create-your-own?productType=1188&appearance=70

Don't get anything hard plastic if you want it to actually be protected against dropping. I've had a lot of those hard plastic clear cases and they don't do shit.
>>
>>71392126
Akihabara
I got a Kill Me Baby one for my old phone
>>
>>71392145
I was mostly curious about finding something small in size. Idk how people with skinny jeans cope with today's phone sizes.
>>
>>71391766
It could get xiaomi.eu?
or global version?
Thanks anyway
>>
bump for glorious xiaomi mi 9t
>>
Is the fucking 9T launching in the US anytime soon? I need a phoneeee
>>
Would a 9T ROM work on a K20 Pro?
>>
>>71392442
unsure because of the different LTE bands
>>
9t black or blue? The red button on the blue kinda triggers me
>>
>>71392481
black, of course
>>
>Xiaomi MI9 currently listed in the Aussie store for $829 AUD
>fear that when the MI9T is released it's gonna be more than that

Life is suffering

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.