[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 338223.jpg (103 KB, 1200x900)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
What do you look for when buying a monitor? TN, IPS or VA? If you're someone that games alot but also use your PC alot in general what type do you choose? Also dead pixels seem to be pretty common regardless the brand and most companies have a shitty RMA process. Do you care if you get 1 dead pixel right off the bat?

tl;dr: choosing a monitor is hard
>>
That non-glossy/matte one from Dell. Current year edition.
>>
For me, IPS or VA panel depending on the use case for the monitor.

Dead pixels on 1440p or 2160p, or larger panels are common and pretty much unavoidable. Most companies have pixel policies that support this, so unless your panel is particularly bad, you have no grounds to RMA.

I personally am using a 43" 2160p 60hz IPS panel and a 27" 1440p 144hz VA panel
>>
File: Blurred edge shadow.jpg (34 KB, 487x293)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>70177405
I was looking for a new DELL monitor that would replace my P2415 4k 24" screen.

I tried the new P2419H and U2419H and they are both just pure shit. Backlight bleeing on P series is unbelivable and uneven backlight around the borders of the screen on the U series is a fucking joke.

It turns out that since DELL switched to Samsung from LG as their panel supplier it's been only getting worse and worse. I returned both monitors and switched back to my glorious P2415Q.
>>
va for gaming
if you do image editing then ips
>>
>>70177405
i just take monitors out of trash bins you all need to get fucking good
>>
>>70177413
Non glossy dell circa 2008. Dumpster edition
>>
I'm looking for a 1440p 144hz IPS monitor. Which one should I get /g/?
>>
File: asus.jpg (426 KB, 1047x921)
426 KB
426 KB JPG
>>70178992
>>
File: 9aQ5-7jmuXsZ7uT3cS340-2bs.jpg (2.96 MB, 4032x3016)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB JPG
>>70177405
The one you built yourself
>>
Is the Dell S2719DGF good? Anyone have it?
>>
What if you're looking for a 32" 4K?
>>
>>70179078
It's quite solid. It's only a TN panel, but it is widely considered to have the best panel in compared to other TNs, doesn't have some shitty coating.
>>
>>70177485
the P2415Q looks amazing, i have a P2414h myself
>>
File: w3g.gif (2.91 MB, 200x155)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB GIF
>>70177405
>What do you look for when buying a monitor?
>16:10
>IPS
that's all
>>
>>70177405
I'd like to try to get VA when possible, the're so hard to find for general purpose monitors, the only time you see a bunch of VA panel is with the curved meme displays
I could just get a TV since pretty much all of them are VA, but the only ones worth buying are all at least 43"
>>
File: monitors.png (19 KB, 476x146)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>70177511
Why not both?
>>
>>70179511
>the P2415Q looks amazing
it really is. Too bad the 2014/2015 series is the last of high quality that came out of DELL.
>>
>>70179526
why 16:10?
>>
>>70179610
because 16:9 feels way too cramped vertically
>>
Are VA panels better now or do blacks still smear?
>>
>>70179782
Depends on the model, VA panels on TVs have defiantly gotten better but since there isn't a whole lot of VA monitors it's hard to say
>>
>>70177405
Office work/web browsing: IPS
Movies/TV shows: VA
Gaming: TN
Gaming (retro): CRT
>>
>>70177405
when looking for a monitor avoid samsung panels at all costs. look for manufacturers that use AU Optronics panels.
>>
>>70177405
I've got 2x 32" 1440p monitors. Both are cheap shit AOCs that cost me 400€ in total. One is IPS and the other is VA. The IPS panel has a richer colours although both are rated 100% sRGB. You really need quite colourful pictures to notice it though. VA panel has obviously better contrast, but the difference isn't really that big. Yea, the IPS panel has some glow to it and the black on VA really is black, but it's not that big of a deal to me. Both are good enough for me and a lot better than what I used to have. On paper it's 1200:1 vs 4000:1 iirc. I think the VA has maybe bit less light bleed, but it's not that noticeable with the IPS either.
The biggest con that the VA panel has going for it is that it's ghosting absolutely atrociously. It's like constantly playing Tron and videos easily turn into blur. It doesn't even need to be a fast scene. Even simple shit like camera panning causes the image to turn into fog. I guess that's what I get for buying cheap shit. The IPS panel doesn't have anywhere near as much ghosting and I'm pretty much forced to use it for videos. It's like watching compressed low res youtube videos from the -07 so the VA panel only gets used for shitposting on 4chins. I'm totally content with the IPS panel and would be with the VA too, did it not have such awful ghosting issue.
>>
/g/ prefers a headless command line based monitor with no monitor. By typing commands perfectly and using a series of error beeps with the manual you can significantly reduce your idle ram usage
>>
I bet no one here who has an ips monitor that cares about color calibrates their monitor with a colorimeter.
>>
>>70180110
Use your eyes and judgment , using fancy toys is retarded
>>
File: 79356444_614.jpg (25 KB, 614x614)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
/g/ help me decide
Two listing for decent monitors near me
One for $250 for two 24" 1080p ips monitors that come with a monitor stand
Thinkin ill run those vertical to the left of my main 1440p monitor

Or for $300 theres a 31.5" 1440p monitor i could replace my current 1440p main and just have two 1440p monitors
Maybe the old one vertical
>>
I have a Acer V223W - why would I change? Are DVI ports dying?
>>
>>70179620
That only applies at 1920x1080 and below. It isn't really cramped at all at 2560x1440 or 3840x2160.
>>
File: 1535190750358.png (11 KB, 432x401)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>70180125
your eyes can't maually calibrate to gamma curves, you're talkinga bout RBG calibration, I'm talking about RGB, 1D LUT and 3D LUT calibration which you can't do without a calibrator
>>
>>70179074
Where do you get the screens? I've found laptop parts but can't seem to find much for actual monitors.

>not being projector master race
>>
>>70180110
I certainly don't, but my IPS screens look nicer than TN anyway in terms of colors, plus the improved viewing angles are very nice to have with 3 27" screens. The sides of the side-screens would look like utter garbage on TN, not to mention that 27" monitors are generally large enough that even if you stare at them dead on the viewing angles to the corners will cause some noticeable color shift.
>>
>>70180250
the point was getting an IPS monitor because you cared about better, more accurate colors and not going all the way with buying or renting out a colorimeter is dumb.
Once you calibrate using a colorimeter, it produces an ICC/ICM file for your display color calibration loader depending on what settings you've used for your tone curver, target luminance, white point etc. and the accuracy depends on the amount of color platte and time you're willing to spend on calibration measurements.
Color reproduction has its own industry and getting a monitor capable and a measuring device is just the start. 3D LUT files should be used for your games using reshade as lots of applications in fullscreen usually overide your GPU's gamma table.
>>
>>70180332
I think more people just cared about the fact IPS has better and more colors than TN more than anything, worrying about color accuracy is like worrying about how flat and neutral your audio system is
>>
>>70180332
>the point was getting an IPS monitor because you cared about better, more accurate colors and not going all the way with buying or renting out a colorimeter is dumb.
Yes, and I disagree with the point. Not only do colors look better to the eye even without calibration, but IPS panels have other benefits (like viewing angles) which are important to me and my use case. I don't need color accuracy to the point where I have to measure and calibrate for it, but I also do not want a monitor which looks like shit to my eyes and displays different colors in the corners compared to the center because its viewing angles are complete garbage.

I buy IPS because it has benefits which are visible in practice with the naked eye, without using a colorimeter.
>>
Are G-sync and Freesync interoperable?
Are there monitors compatible with both?
>>
>>70180487
No and no, but FreeSync works both on AMD and NVIDIA while GSync only works on NVIDIA.
>>
>>70180493
Thanks, so what's the point of GSync monitors? Is this technology superior?
>>
>>70180464
It doesn't need to be true color accurate to the color space.
>>70180483
When you buy a colorimeter or measuring device, you calibrate to YOUR own tastes. I already said there's many gamma curves which can't be calibrated manually, using just luminance, contract and RGB values limit to what you can do. You'd want a colorimeter especially with HDR content.
>>
>>70180517
nvidia marketing shill. at this point, theres no real difference. just buy a decent freesync monitor so that you can use both nvidia and amd in the future.

>>70180152
isn't the refresh rate for this capped at 30-90 for freesync? that means that gsync is also capped at that frame rate, correct?
>>
>>70180517
It is superior, according to NVIDIA at least. In practice I don't think you could notice the difference between a good, properly functioning FreeSync monitor and a GSync monitor. The thing is that NVIDIA has pretty high standards when it comes to slapping the "GSync" label on a screen, while FreeSync is kind of all over the place in terms of refresh rates it supports, flicker and shit like that. NVIDIA also did not support FreeSync until recently (2 months ago or something), so up until then you only had GSync as an option for variable refresh rate on NVIDIA.

NVIDIA also has a list of FreeSync monitors which they brand as "GSync compatible", which just means that those monitors supposedly passed their testing while others failed and weren't good enough. All FreeSync monitors work with NVIDIA cards though, but some might have issues like random black screens, flicker, brightness issues and probably other shit. If you're going to buy a FreeSync monitor for use with NVIDIA you should do some research to make sure the model works properly (a lot of them do even if not on the list).

>>70180552
>When you buy a colorimeter or measuring device, you calibrate to YOUR own tastes.
Yes, I'm sure you can do that. That however does not mean that you cannot benefit from an uncalibrated IPS screen, or that buying an IPS screen without calibrating it is dumb, as you initially claimed. You can like an uncalibrated IPS more than other options even if you can fine-tune it to suit your tastes even better with a colorimeter, that does not make the screen worthless without calibration in any way.
>>
>>70180067
>I guess that's what I get for buying cheap shit
My friend had an expensive panasonic 4k VA tv and it was just as bad for ghosting.
>>
>>70177428
>Most companies have pixel policies that support this, so unless your panel is particularly bad, you have no grounds to RMA.
*CRASH*
Hello? I just unpacked this and it seems to have been damaged in shipping. Can I get an RMA?
>>
>>70180595
dont think so
just a normal 60hz monitor
>>
>>70180701

im an idiot and meant to quote this one:
>>70179028
>>
>>70180630
You can't fine tune it as much as having a colorimeter, you can't produce ICC, 3D LUT files, you can't measure luminance or your surroundings, you're limiting yourself without one. Its better to have one than not, also your application will display colors differently if you don't setup them properly from external applications like DisplayCAL.
>>
>>70180740
>You can't fine tune it as much as having a colorimeter
Yes, you're right, but once again that does not make IPS monitors worthless without one. Your initial point doesn't really make sense at all, actually, since you can use a colorimeter to fine tune any monitor, not just IPS. It has nothing to do with IPS in particular and IPS screens don't need a colorimeter any more than other panels do. What you're saying applies to every screen, not just IPS.
>>
>>70180760
>you care about color
>buy IPS
>No colorimeter for even better colors
dumb really
>>
>>70180783
>you care about color
I care about what looks better to my eyes, not about measuring colors with numbers. Serious question, are you autistic?
>>
>>70180783
>you care about graphics quality
>you buy 1080
>no Titan RTX for even better graphics
Maybe these people who don't buy colorimeters want to spend some money on nicer colors, but not excessively much for a little better still.
>>
>>70180631
My Sony X900E is way better for motion than the previous BenQ 1080p VA monitor and both where quite expensive for what they are
For VA you really have to look at individual models if you care about motion, It doesn’t even matter what you pay for it
You can buy a cheap TCL TV with better response time than a model several price brackets higher
>>
>>70180836
Yeah motion is something he's complained about for years, he's gone oled now and loves it.
>>
IPS, no less than 27"
>>
>>70179028
Is this the perfect monitor?
>>
>>70181039
No, it's not 4k for one
>>
>>70181049
Why would you want 4K in a 27 inch monitor?
>>
>>70181058
Why wouldn't you?
>>
>>70181068
A lot of scaling problems.
>>
Refresh rate and colors.
>>
>>70181058
Image quality brought about by high DPI.
>>
>>70181077
Fair enough, although that is more of a software issue than anything else
I still see no reason to gush over 1440p anymore, it was relevant when you wanted something more than 1080p but 4k is coming around and in the future all the energy is going to be going into 4k, even high refresh rate
>>
>>70181226
>Fair enough, although that is more of a software issue than anything else
Yes, of course it's a software problem, but you buy a expensive monitor and then you have to deal with this shit.
>>
At this point
>IPS, since all the other technologies suck in comparison
>75hz or greater
>free-sync

Other than those three things I really don't care about the rest. Though, I do expect, like anyone else, for the monitor to have a fairly acceptable list of screen qualities. Such as gamma, color, contrast, etc.. Dead pixels aren't fun to deal with, however even just having a few isn't enough to trigger me. Nevertheless thats just me, I also don't care too much about anti-aliasing nor display scaling (meaning having physical borders in movies/games).
>>
Recently ordered this
Did I do good?
>>
>>70182246
I'm using it for work and video watching btw
>>
>>70177428
>dead pixels on 1440p are unavoidable
Stop buying shit brands. I have a dell 1440p with zero dead pixels.
>>
>>70180517
GSYNC has better quality control due to it being a hardware standard that NVIDIA maintains.
Freesync is freeware, so the quality of its implementation is dependent on the monitor manufacturer.
So in theory GSYNC should be better but in reality they both do the same shit.
>>
>>70182435
GSYNC is more consistent. Will a GSYNC monitor handle the 8 fps your shitty GPU puts out occasionally? The answer will be the same on all GSYNC monitors.
>>
I got cucked I think

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/562263/vg270up-xv272up-flickering-issue-all-innolux-panels-affected-acer-please-respond

Acer Nitro Gaming VG271UP

Works and looks amazing. Has 0 issues, little ghosting, no BLB, I'm happy with it... except one small thing.

Randomly. once every few days, once every hour - the screen flashes black and a barcode appears, this lasts about half a second. Interrupts games by flashing to a black screen.

I've had the monitor 11 days.
>>
Wait for LG's upcoming nano ips monitors
>>
>>70184564
should I warranty?

Refund?

I only have $400~ to spend
>>
>>70177405
go 240hz TN or go home
>>
>>70184564
>Ordered one of these today
Fugg
>>
File: 1552610540533.png (886 KB, 1366x768)
886 KB
886 KB PNG
>>70177405
At the moment I am content with my 1440p 144hz TN Panel. It's a nice res to view content and a great refresh rate for the sort of games I play. In the future I would like to also get a 4k IPS panel to watch all my kinos on.
>>
For me most important are rgb coverage and resolution. 144hz is cool and all, but i'd rather have higher resolution with better graphics in games than additional smoothness.

Also, for desktop monitor - definitely IPS
>>
>>70184821
same bruh
>>
>>70184965
What sorta games you play? RTS? Singleplayer stories?
>>
>>70184564
>>70184696
Is it worth refunding or trying to have this warrantied? It's $400 and I'm reading horror stories about Acer support.
>>
>>70177405
my brother bought this acer monitor recently. 1ms response time, 2160p, IPS, etc.

The stand is made of hopes and dreams, no VESA mount and you can't even adjust the height or tilt.

my BenQ is shit, I have to unplug it regularly if I use the displayport, drain all power from it by holding the power button down, and then it will work. Stand is good though.

My £17 ebay AOC and 10 year old HP (no idea who really makes it) are perfect though.
>>
>>70187015
>>
>>70184564
Everything Acer I have ever owned has been fucking atrocious.

GET OUT. NOW.
>>
File: werwr.png (1.22 MB, 1087x1600)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
Simple question here
For cheap IPS monitor, benq/LG/HP?
>>
I need a new monitor and the best my machine can really do is 1080p/60fps, so for the time being I just want to get a really nice 1080p monitor.

If I get 144hz, am I able to set the refresh rate to 60hz and have it function as a regular 60hz monitor for games where I can't hit 144?
>>
>>70187208
Whatever gets the best reviews/response. However, benq is overhyped Bose garbage. You're simply paying too much for little improvement in comparison to other monitors. I bought a mouse similar to their fk1 version and mine was 40 dollars cheaper. Still works to this day too, with all the features and benefits that the fk1 has.
>>
>>70177413
2012-2013 was the best year for Dell ultrasharps
>>
>>70181049
But he specifically asked for a 1440p monitor
>>
>>70189039
1440p is old haps
1440p is so irreverent that they have trouble sourcing panels and have to use 4k panels and limit the resolution to 1440p
>>
>>70187649
>If I get 144hz, am I able to set the refresh rate to 60hz and have it function as a regular 60hz monitor for games where I can't hit 144?

Of course. Why would you want to limit it anyway? Just let the system output as many frames as it can.
>>
>>70179074
rgb gamer tcon boards when
>>
>want to have a nice second monitor for colors
>primary monitor is 144hz and getting a second one at 75hz will lower it unless I turn off a setting
>turning it off occasionally causes screen tearing

What do?
>>
>>70181077
What scaling problems exactly? I have that exact monitor and have no scaling problems. I only have my browser set to standard 120% zoom.
Only problem with that monitor is that it has some IPS glow and the built-in profiles are shit
>>
Should I buy the LG 32GK650F-B? It's for gaming,watching anime etc.
>>
File: 1536519104699.gif (1.9 MB, 220x160)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB GIF
>>70184564
FUCK. I purchased this 2 weeks ago and thought it was a loose cable. Shit. I want to be lazy and ignore it, but from what I read it just gets worse. Think I can play it safe and ignore it?
>>
Just got and setup that new Acer ET322QU revision that comes with the adjustable stand. Color is pretty nice, and 32 inches is actually fine for 1440p, I was expecting some crustyness to the text or something but it all looks good. The only negative is the stand was very super fucking clearly used before and beat to shit in the under/inner side. Looks pristine once it's all set up and standing, but they pretty clearly had a surplus on these and decided fuck it, let's throw em on a ET322QU and call it a new revision.

Now I have a 32" 1440p ips, and a 27" 1440p TN 144hz. I think I'm set, lads.
>>
>>70189490
Windows scaling, at least for windows 10, causes gamma issues in windowed applications. The only way to fix this is by setting scaling to default or 100 percent. Don't understand why this happens but I just deal with it.

>>70191247
>tn
>I think I'm set, lads.
Lol
>>
>>70191353
For what it's worth, it's the sg2716dg. It's still nowhere close to my new one but as far as TN goes it's pretty alright.
>>
>>70191455
I guess, but I could never deal with another tn panel again. After going with an IPS panel, with at least 75 hz, I can never go back to tn.
>>
>>70189168
because screen tearing is the worst
>>
>>70179028
I'm an artfag and I want something with full range of motion. 144hz would be nice too. Is this one a good idea? How much is it?
>>
What's /g/ thought's on the AORUS AD27QD
>>
TN is still shit.
>>
>>70179028
>>70194611
The reviews on this monitor are troubling considering it's over $500.
>>
File: fgdfsdf.jpg (61 KB, 775x586)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>70177405
Something that will last a while
>>
>>70194124
>screen tearing

Occurs when your system outputs more frames than your monitor can handle. You'll want to have your monitor's refresh rate as high as possible to avoid this.
>>
>>70194908
So if something is running at a framerate that fluctuates from 50-70 FPS, it won't have visible tearing on a 144hz monitor?
>>
>>70195687
As long as you have v/g/free-sync on, yes.

If you really want to prevent this then you should use in game options to gap the framerate, but there's no reason to lower the monitor's refresh rate to 60 if it can do more.
>>
>>70177405
>/g/ approved monitors
trinitron CRTs.
>>
File: 14-hillary-clinton.jpg (367 KB, 2001x1334)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
Anyone see this? I've never heard of Viotek but fuck is that a good price...

https://www.amazon.com/27-Inch-Monitor-Samsung-FreeSync-GamePlus/dp/B078P57ZWL/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=1440p+144hz&qid=1552794025&s=gateway&sr=8-3
>>
>>70195715
>As long as you have v/g/free-sync on, yes.
I have a Nvidia card and Gsync monitors are too overpriced.

I was just asking about it because my machine can only really do 60fps at 1080p, I'm not going to be hitting 144fps on modern games. But I don't want screen tearing either.
>>
>>70195788
>I have a Nvidia card and Gsync monitors are too overpriced.
>But I don't want screen tearing either.

Then don't get a g-sync one, get some freesync that's compatible or just use v-sync on a regular monitor. What do you actually do with your existing setup?
>>
>>70195814
I use v-sync with a 60hz monitor
>>
>tl;dr
>>>/reddit/
>>
Thoughts on the LG 38WK95C-W?
>>
I recently managed to pick up an Asus MX27UC on sale for pretty cheap (like $425). I jumped from 27" 1080p to 27" 4k, so the difference is pretty huge. I like it a lot.
>>
>>70195847
So what's your concern then? Either way a higher refresh monitor will work better.
>>
>>70195896
You could get two 27 inch monitors with the same specs and be on some boss shit my nigga with more screen size and less cost.
>>
>>70196031
Yeah but I don't like a thin line where the two monitors meet running down the middle
>>
File: 1552591646220.jpg (29 KB, 500x362)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
whats the best 2K 144hz panel
>>
>>70196138
Ultra thin?
A third monitor evens it out, I prefer laptop and dual monitors on top to even stuff out.
Even so the goal is to be able to off load things on the screen for better productivity.
>>
>>70195937
I was under the impression that vsync only worked properly if you could hit the refresh rate of the monitor
>>
>>70194670
Looking at it now. Aside from the bloatware it comes with seems like a nice monitor.
>>
>>70196315
No, that's not how it works. You just need to hit a number that's over a *divisor* of the monitor's refresh rate to reach that refresh rate with v-sync.

If you have a 144Hz monitor, you can set it to 120Hz and it will play at 60Hz as long as you can reach 60Hz, 40Hz above 40, 30Hz above that etc.

At 144Hz, this will be 72Hz, 48Hz, 36Hz...

A higher rate can have more factors, so you'll be better off. But if you're getting 144Hz I don't see why you wouldn't at least get something freesync that Nvidia has listed as being compatible so you don't have to worry about this shit.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/
>>
>>70177485
I haven't had any good experiences with samsung panels, backlight bleeding seems to be a roll of the dice even on their top end monitors. LG make good mid range screens but don't have much experience with the higher end models.
>>
https://www.amazon.com/Acer-VG271-Pbmiipx-Technology-DisplayHDR400/dp/B07MDXF81K

Any good?
>>
>>70180517
There is no difference; nvidia tried the apple business model of
>take something free
>make it worse and exclusive
>sell it
and it isnt working for them because amd got more people using freesync
>>
>>70180630
Gsync is not superior to Freesync.
Gsync is held to a higher standard than legacy freesync.
Freesync has a new standard, Freesync2 which requries even more high quality than Goysync. So buy a freesync2 monitor, it's as good if not better than gsync. Freesync 1 "might" be worse "might" be as good, some manufacturers skimp out on it.
>>
ASUS PA329Q 32" 4K IPS ProArt - or go home.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asus-proart-pa329q-32-inch-uhd-professional-monitor,4685.html
>>
>>70177405
> VA
iiyama X[B]2483HSU
>>
>>70177405
60hz high quality IPS as a side monitor and 144(+)hz TN as main gaming monitor.
>>
>>70179074

parts where?
>>
I have the Acer XFA240. Its alright
>>
http://www.zisworks.com/#x28
>>
>>70201234
>>70180235
China
>>
File: MyRAMsucks.jpg (49 KB, 662x476)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
I looked at a monitor with 144hz and cant go back to 60hz now.
Will my PC be able to take advantage of the 144hz?
I have ordered HyperX 2x4GB 2666mhz RAM to replace the current one.
I play Rainbow Six and single player games.
I cant spend much honestly
This is cheapest one I could find:
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07MSKN6CS/?coliid=I1LV39XDUPZJZA&colid=375QQMNKW6VE0&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
>>
>>70202798
kek, that ram upgrade is pretty shit desu, you should have got just another ram stick.
You can probably use all the ram together to get 16GB, but I don't think you will be able to hit 2666MHz with that mobo, maybe 2400 or so.
You should have sold the 1060 and get a better card instead, unless you play games at low.
>>
>>70189010

Beware, the antiglare coating used then is very aggressive, I have had the 2209WA, U2311H and U2312HM (current monitor). I don't really notice it, but I know it's pretty bad compared to other monitor using the same or equivalent panels.
>>
>>70179610

I think my 22" 1680x1050 was comfier than my 23" 1920x1080. If you've used a 16:10, it's very noticeable when you go back to 16:9.

It's possible this anon is correct, I haven't felt the need to upgrade from my current 23" 1080p yet. >>70180180
>>
>>70178992
this: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824011278&ignorebbr=1&source=region&nm_mc=BAC-GDR-PC&cm_mmc=BAC-GDR-PC-_-dyn-_-Gaming+Monitors-_-N82E16824011278&gclid=CjwKCAjw4LfkBRBDEiwAc2DSlAqmfP58H9Y_0zWz1vdcBs0cVzAMprl2NfBDLKfxu9wxBbKwj1fLFxoCSpoQAvD_BwE
>>
>>70194611
>I'm an artfag and I want something with full range of motion

What? You mean monitor adjustments? You can get anything with a VESA-mount and get your own solution. Gas-dampened arms are pretty neat if you need OCD-like adjustment options. You can also get a VESA stand from a used or discarded monitor.
>>
>>70203675

Forgot to mention, I think you'd want to get something that supports 100x100 VESA if you want decent compatibility.
>>
>>70195788
You guys do know that Freesync now works with Nvidia, right?
>>
>>70194709
You realise the technologies don't improve they just make new ones

A IPS panel from 2007 is very similar to one today and TN gaming monitors look just as crap as TN monitors from 2001

That's why buying new monitors is dumb find old shit for free

Monitors haven't got faster any panel can do any hz that's to do with the controller unit and interface band with of the era

And 1ms isn't new the reason the old ones are 16ms is the test changed if you retested the old ones with new test they would be "1ms" too

Monitor and TV industry is a scam the actually tech only changes every 7 years rest is software and controller chip changes
>>
>>70177405
>panel type
>sRGB coverage and volume
>sRGB deltaE
>contrast after calibration
>uniformity
>>
File: GpZ340opSOI.png (656 KB, 960x714)
656 KB
656 KB PNG
Would you rather buy a 24inch 1080p 144hz tn or 1440p 144hz ips/tn? For competetive gaming and what monitor would you pick?
>>
>>70180797
>looks better to my eyes
Try simulating how your design or pictures will look when printed.
Or grading video without being rejected at QC or looking different on a broadcast monitor.
>protip: you can't
>>
>>70182435
So G-Sync was better?
>>
>>70206597
Not for the price hike it put on monitors.
>>
>>70182435
>>70182655
If you want Freesync with the same quality control as Gsync, look for "Freesync2" certified monitors.
>>
>>70177413
>>70189010
I'm still using a pair of U2412M, haven't found a reason to change it up yet. Don't think they still make 16:10 nowadays,
>>
>>70189010
what about P2414H
>inb4 not u2414h
i have an i1pro so factory calibration is useless for me
>>
>>70206582
>Try simulating how your design or pictures will look when printed.
I don't make designs or edit pictures, I don't care.
>Or grading video without being rejected at QC or looking different on a broadcast monitor
Again, that isn't something I do and is not something I buy hardware for.
>>
>>70194908
>Occurs when your system outputs more frames than your monitor can handle
False, tearing occurs whenever your monitor's refresh is not synchronized with complete frame output from your graphics card. You can run 85FPS on a 60Hz screen and will get tearing or you can run 27FPS on a 60Hz screen and still get tearing.

Tearing is removed with VSync or with one of the 2 adaptive refresh rate technologies around (FreeSync & GSync).
>>
>>70179078
Why would you consider a Dell, and especially a Dell in that family of monitors given the absolute scandal and trainwreck that was their S2716DG?
Dell is a shit broken underwater company slapping garbage together.
>>
>>70207080

anon all of the monitor companies are shit

ASUS has shit customer service and all of their panels have backlight bleed
acer has shit customer service and all of their panels have backlight bleed
samsung makes no good monitors
lg's monitors are all garbage
AOC? All trash
Pixio/Viotek/Nixues/viewsonic are all chinkshit trash

might as well just buy a projector

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.