[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Florian-Munteanu.11.jpg (211 KB, 850x730)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
I've literally never seen anyone deadlift 3 plates at my big commercial gym. I often see people deadlifting piss easy amounts that I'd use for my warmup, usually between 1 plate to 2 plates. I assume this would be very different at a powerlifting gym, but at a regular gym and by regular people, is a 3 plate deadlift really this rare? Or is it literally just my gym?
>>
dont compare yourself to mediocre ppl
>>
>>52360402
I diddly a bit over 3 plates, like 3 plates for 5 reps (I don't do one rep maxes) , and it's pretty rare in my commercial gym.
Even the 2 dedicated natties do one rep maxes with 405, there's a strongman looking guy who shows up and throws 405 on for 3-4 reps. All pull conventional.
The frauds at my gym don't deadlift at all.
>>
>>52360402
How much is 3pl8s ?
>>
>>52360402
I can deadlift 3 plates and I'm 140 pounds so no.
>>
Deadlifting is for DYELS and faggots
>>
I think so, but most people aren't very committed so they don't really get strong. It will be uncommon, but few people would consider it strong, if that makes sense. In the same sense that being able to do 10 pullups in a row isn't particularly impressive, but most guys wouldn't be able to do it.
>>
>>52360402
/fit/ has warped your expectations. A 3pl8 deadlift is well above average.
>haha dude if you don't make 2/3/4/5 in 6 months you're NGMI
Meanwhile in reality the average gym goer is a 130lb onions who only does cheat curls and treadmill.

>>52360448
315lbs or 140Kg.
>>
>tfw 345 deadlift and still look duel

oof
>>
File: kissapäärynä.jpg (110 KB, 1018x1024)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>52360502
>counting the bar
>>
>>52360439
I never see mediocre or average people at the gym (apart from myself i guess). It's always beginners or super /fit/ people who lift huge. There never seems to be any in-between.
>>
>>52360502
>3pl8 deadlift is well above average
It's not
>>
It took me 2.5 years to squat 225. 5 years to deadlift 315.
5 years to ohp 135 with off and on training.

That was with perfect consistent diet and consistent training.

I dont know how its physically possible to 1234 in a year.

Ik know one of the strongest and best built people in my gym and I only see 1-10 other people move the same weight that I do. Maybe only 2 people can move more than me. It's a pretty big gym.
>>
I've only seen one person in my gym DL 3 plates
>>
>>52360869
This has to be bait. I'm not even one of those "hurr 6 months to 1/2/3/4, do you even lift", but jfc 5 years to a 3pl8 diddly? How is that even possible.

>>52360516
They obviously mean compared to genpop, which it is.
>>
File: rmyt3.jpg (41 KB, 800x793)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>52360869
>with off and on training.
>That was with perfect consistent diet and consistent training.
Uhmmm

Also
>ohp 135
Unironically achievable in 6 months, if you're not completely auschwitz dyel.
>>
>>52360402
Somewhat, but not really. Everyone is able to achieve 3plate diddy, but most people don't train diddy.
I remember when I first hit 3 plate I was extatic, It's the first milestone that I considered somewhat strong from what I started from. Then I passed it pretty quick and hit 4 plates in few months, without gaining much weight.
>>
>>52360869

>2.5 years to squat 2pl8
>5 years to deadlift 3pl8

Lol wut, are you a woman?

>perfect consistent diet

This might explain things. Did you fall for the lean bulk meme?
>>
>>52360444
This is the same for me. 1 incredibly based natty missing half his arm that pulls 4pl8, 1 natty who pulls 3.5, me who reps 3pl8 and only 1 rpider who pulls 5pl8.
>>
>>52360402

I'll dead lift 1x12 1 plate, 1x8 2 plate, 3x6 3 plate, and 3x1 for like 3.5 plate at the Coast Guard Academy.

Some of the Cadets I've seen do 4 plate for reps, but they have young destructible bodies and I'm a Boomer.
>>
For the average lifter in the gym it's okay

For the average autistic powerlifter and /fit/ poster it's peanuts
>>
>>52360402
3plate deadlift is usually a sign of someone who is genetically gifted for deadlifting, or someone who have worked out for a few months/1 year [depending on how skinny you are].
Within my first year i hit 407lbs.

So a 3 plate deadlift is not good, but its not directly bad either. If you compare yourself to the average non gym goer its good ,but if you compare yourself to a regular gym goer its fairly average/bad.

The thing you have to realize about people going to the gym, is that they are HIGHLY RETARDED. For instance my friend joins me to the gym, and when im doing calculated programs that actually work and getting close to a 405 bench, he is still jerking off to doing like 2 sets of benchpress, then the rest of the time hes doing triceps and a little bit of biceps and taking selfies.
He doesnt wanna squat because hes bad at it, if hes going to deadlift he only does 1 rep and thats it. His first time deadlifting he managed to do like 340lbs or something, which is really great and shows his potential, but even after a few months he only SOMETIMES can do 340 because he never deadlifts for more than 1 set of 1 rep.
He doesnt even care to do any pull ups/lat pull downs. Its all about arms, a little bit of chest, and a little bit of abs. He will NEVER make it, even though he has great genetics for adding muscle, because he is fucking stupid.

If you go to a proper powerlifting gym, you will see people hit 405 within their first year, and more people than not (who are men) will be able to deadlift 495+. Simply because they work out in a manner that is going to stimulate strength.

If you go to the gym and you just look at what sort of programs/exercises/setsxreps people are doing, you will just see how little experience or knowledge they actually have.
>>
>>52360869
Pathetic ngl
>>
>>52362305
This is why I enjoy going to a shitty commercial gym full of DYEL pajeets: I look strong in comparison.

If I ever go to a powerlifting gym I'd get mogged by some chinese girl benching what I can squat KEK
>>
I deadlift over 6 plates so get fucked retards
>>
>>52362305
Another example of my retarded friends working out is friend #2, who started doing deadlifts with about 80kg, and when we worked out he managed to get close to 100kg (working sets, usually 5x5), but i had to start working out at my main gym instead, so he started working out with his other friends.
Like 3 months later, he is still deadlifting around 90kg for 5x5, even though he was able to do 100kg for 5x5 when he worked out with me 3 months prior?? Simply because he has so little experience and knowledge about working out. He could definitely deadlift 140kg+ by now if he actually pushed himself a little bit more.

Another example is my cousin who wanted to improve his benchpress, arms and traps and shoulders; Exactly those muscles that are my best features! I try to show him the exercises i do, the intensity, programs, etc.
But he simply shrugged it off and said he had found a program from a youtube channel (took a look at them; theyre on steroids lmao, anything works for them) and he wanted to copy that instead. Never wanting to progress his weights or take my advice... And as most people; he didnt want to squat because it was "weird" and a "female exercise".
>>
>>52362344
Thats true! I go to a commerical gym because the closest powerlifting gym is like 45 minutes away.
You will get mogged by a lot of people at powerlifting gyms, but atleast you will get solid advice and progressions, so you can mog everyone else who isnt a powerlifter :D
>>
>>52360869
Im a completely average schmo (5'10, 190lb) who has never really tried too hard with diet or lifting programs as consistently as I'd like. I didnt lift for close to a year when my first kid was born. First day back, I racked up 2pl for reps. Hit 3pl in a few months.

However, my bench really fell off. Def struggled with that. Always have.

On a side note, dad gains are legit for real.
>>
>>52360502
>in reality the average gym goer is a 130lb onions who only does cheat curls and treadmill.
People always say this but every gym I've gone to, whether it's been at an apartment complex, at work, or some commercial gym, always has a lot of extremely jacked dudes who mog the fuck out of anyone who hasn't been lifting for at least two years
>>
> Is a 3 plate deadlift considered good by the average person?

No, not even in commercial GYMs that is good.

4pl8 is when you are going to start turning heads.
>>
>>52360869
>>I dont know how its physically possible to 1234 in a year.

Its very possible to reach those numbers in a year if you follow a good program/diet (and more so if you are willing to get a little fat)
>>
Most people in my gym who pull 3pl8+ do it sumo; most hang around 3-4pl8, though there was this guy who used to pull 8pl8 but he doesn't come to my gym anymore
>>
>deadlift 75kg yesterday for 3x5+
>left forearm gets tired at like the third rep
>gives up

what the fuck am i that weak? how can i strengthen my left foerarm?
>>
There are skinny Mexican teenagers diddlying 3pl8+ at my gym
>>
>>52360402
at my uni gym, i've never seen anyone pull more than 4pl8 but staff might be stopping people who attempt it (there are a couple guys who look like they deadlift regularly but i've never seen them do it here). i did see a guy c+j 185lbs and get scolded by some latina lardass (not staff just some roastie) so it wouldn't surprise me too much if the same type of people complained for other heavy compounds
>>
wtf, how are you turds so weak. I started at 26 yrs old, 68kg and within a year my max was 4 plate double overhand diddly at 72kg bodyweight. You just need to work out harder and work on flexibility.
top guy at the gym ive aeen can do 6plate . He is at least 110kg bodyweight tho
>>
I’ve been training for 11months and my best lifts are 145/benchisforpowershidders/335/375
Gonna attempt 405 on my one year liftiversary
>>
>>52360402
If you did any beginner strength program, started with a 45lb squat and 95 lb deadlift, and added an average of 15 lbs a week, you would hit a 265 squat and 315 dl (for reps) in under 4 months. Almost any man can do this. That's all it takes, and it shows just how little discipline and patience most men have today.
>>
>>52362138
How does he deadlift while missing half an arm? Genuinely curious.
>>
>>52363467
Grab the bar on the center knurl
>>
>>52360402
depends on bodyweight, for my bodyweight (160), 3 pl8 is strong

if you're some 6'4'' guy you better be deadlifting 4pl8
>>
Kek I don't even train deadlift and I can do 3.5 plates for 5
Y'all hungry skeletons need to bulk
PS not a fattie 5'11" 187 lbs
>>
>>52363417
That sounds about right. Did you start on a beginner's LP program? If so, at what point did progress slow, and what did you switch to after? I'm at about 120/160/200/250/300 for reps for ohp/row/bp/sw/dl and it's definitely getting harder to add weight now.
>>
>>52360402
Yeah I've seen fewer than 10 people dl over 3pl8 whereas I've seen many dozens do less than that. Only seen 2 guys do over 4 plate.
>>
>>52360402
3 plates is like 142.5kg?
Yeah, I can do that.
With plenty of warming up, and 1RM, but I can do it.

I'm a fat cunt though.
>>
>>52363506
I did SS two days a week for the first two months got me to like 95/155/225/235 for reps, then I started doing SS three days a week, progressing SQ/DL on Monday and Friday and doing light squats and rows on Wednesday. This lasted another 3-4 months and got me to 120/190/315/315 for reps. This is where I was stalling and had to move to weekly progression
>>
>>52363917
I also did lots of DB bench/latpulldowns/curls on M/F if I still had energy. There was no real method to these tho
>>
I saw someone squatting 210 kg (465 lbs) in my gym the other day.

Commercial gym, I had never seen anyone squatting more than 3½ pl8 before that day.
>>
>>52360402
i lift at a commercial gym and have been lifting for 10 years.

As i recall, deadlifting 3-4 plates will look like TO THE AVERAGE NONLIFTER/ CASUAL GYM GOER "ok he's pretty strong but what a retarded exercise, why is he doing that? he's obviously a douche"

to an EXPERIENCED LIFTER:
"lmao, weak little faggot. keep up the good work though"

its not until you start hitting 5 plates and up that literally everyone in the gym will have respect for you and not question why youre doing that exercise

this goes for:
1.5 plate on OHP
2.5 plates for reps on bench
3 plates on squat
^^^^^^^
and this is for normal gymgoers.

anything below 2/3/4/5 is seen as weak by people who actually lift consistently for years

drug addict pinners don't (you) me
>>
>>52364028
This is basically true, I go to my university gym and all the actually strong guys are at least like 405 squat for reps 275 bench for reps and 500+ deads for reps. I'm starting to get there at 365 highbar squat, 395x10 deadlift, and 255 bench. I'm one of the only people who's actually in between weak fucks and the strong guys
>>
took me 50 years to hit 1/2/3/4 im telling you guys /fit/ has your brain all warped up expecting these numbers fast
>>
>>52364357

50? I bet you're taking steroids kid a REAL NATTY takes a MINIMUM of 100 years to hit 1/2/3/4
>>
>>52360508

>tfw 460 deadlift and still look duel

oof
>>
I've only been going gym for 6 months so I can only deadlift 110kg for reps. People look at me weird because I'm skinny as fuck and do deadlifts since only fatties deadlift at my gym.
>>
>>52360402
i'm dling 135kg and i've been working out for literally 2 months
i'm 6' nothing and 188 pounds. idk what the average is for my weight and time spent, ive done pplxppl since i started tho
>>
>>52360402

I'm at a quasi powerlifting gym. It's a mix, but still has the town's reputation as being the most serious gym. I can do 3.5 plate deadlifts for reps (three....) and it's one of the best in the whole place. Only guy who does better than me is this Thor character who can do 5 plates. The rest seem to do between 2-3, and it's only natty lifters doing it. All the roid heads never deadlift or squat.
>>
Tfw go to a 24fitness. Tfw 57kg gf pulls lmao3pl8 beltless, tfw other 57kg girl hit 380 in a recent (tested) meet.

Most scrawny cucks think 315 is alot though.
>>
>>52364870
I have never seen a girl squat or dl over like 185 lbs lol
>>
>>52360869
I've been in the gym for two years, deadlifting for 1.5 and just hit 200kg for 5 a few days ago.

What the fuck were you doing?
>>
The most I've seen someone deadlift at my commercial gym is 280kg (or 617lbs), but he seems to be an anomaly. He's an 84kg powerlifter so he's really strong for his weight, but most people at my gym are bodybuilder babbies that do lower amounts for reps.
>>
>>52360402
Seems like you might just be at a worse than average gym.

My gyms got the numbers for max bench/deadlift/squat and weightclasses marked on the wall and you just gotta ask staff if you can test for one of them.

When I go theres 3 guys who can bench 285+
3 guys who.can deadlift 4pl8+
And maybe 6-7 people who can squat 315+ including one older chick who squats 315 and one giant bugman who has no idea what hes doing but could probably be strongman material with a little training.
>>
>>52364870
sumo doesn't count
>>
>>52360869
How did it take you that long to get 2pl8s? It legit only took me 3 months. I’m not even meme’ing here
>>
>>52360402
I diddly 515 at 6'3 / 180lbs dude, reconsider your shit.
>>
>>52360869
Bruh I OHP'd 1pl8 on my first day at the gym. What the fuck? Your diet and routine were absolute garbage if you think that that progress is reasonable.
>>
>>52362945
Use straps and train your forearms on the warmups and with grippers.
>>
1/2/3/4 or go home bruh.
>>
>>52362353
Trying to teach your friends how to lift is so so frustrating, I just threw the towel after my dyel friend told me I'm wrong to do progressive overload instead of liting what you feel.
>>
>>52360869
Wth, bro. I squated 225 on my first week and Diddy 315 after a month.
>>
>>52365759

What is 1/2/3/4

Always see it but not sure what it is
>>
>>52365735
DO NOT USE STRAPS YOU FUCKING RETARD.
>>52362945
Start doing forearm curls with the bar, start doing curls with the bar, start doing skullcrushers with the bar, and stop being a pussy and letting go when you get slightly tired. You need to work for this shit, it's not a matter of being tired, it's a matter of you being too fucking lazy and too goddamn stupid to realize that you should be working your forearms, triceps, shoulders, back, neck, core, etc. if you want to do full body compounds. Do accessories as I listed above, and focus on pushing through "tired". DO NOT use straps or gloves or anything else. You should never, ever have to wear gear for any lift. If you're wearing gear, you're not strong enough to perform that lift. That's all there is to it. If you can't diddly 1.5pl8 for reps, back down to 1.25 and work up from there.
>tfw went from a 2pl8 to 5pl8 diddly in six months
Stop being faggots and start fucking working out. DO ACCESSORIES, DO NOT USE STRAPS.
>>
>>52365304
t. bloatlord
>>
File: ZTW2Ixh.jpg (216 KB, 608x811)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
>>52365604
>Bruh I OHP'd 1pl8 on my first day at the gym
>>
>>52365819
1 pl8 OHP, 2 pl8 bench, 3 pl8 squats, 4 pl8 Diddy.
>>
>>52365908
That's what you get when your parents are normal people and encourage you to play sports from a young age.
t. haven't done less than 20 pullups since 6th grade, and not a DYEL lanklet
>>
>>52360402
Lol bro almost no one cares about strength training. Think about it this way, only a small portion of the population goes to the gym. Within that already small portion another small portion. actually cares about strength. It's easy to figure out why 3pl8s seem a lot of weight to most people.
>>
>>52363478
Wow holy fuck what a monster
>>
>>52363417
Damn bro I hope my progress is as good as yours. My goal is 150kg deadlift in my first year of training.
>>
>>52364028
Those are some pretty high standards bro
>>
>>52365998
This is a big city problem. I'm from way up North and everyone I lifted with just wanted to be strong as fuck, we were all basically shooting to be superhuman. I watched my buddy, feet planted bending over the edge of a roof, pull my other (185lb) friend by his wrist with enough force and fluidity that the kid landed on his fucking feet on the roof. Like, he straight one-arm rowed an entire person. That was the kind of shit we were going for. I moved down to the SW and in a much bigger city and all these faggots want to do is go in to target their lats so that they look like they do something other than sit at a desk all day.
>>
>>52360933
>Few months
Thanks anon. I needed this. I was wondering why I wasn't doing 4pl8s for reps after the first month. I got to 3pl8 pretty quickly and stalled.
>>
>>52365777
>Diddy 315 after a month
How? Is that even possible?
>>
>>52366063
There's nothing to do in Alaska. That's why all they do is lift
>>
>>52366088
Not Alaska, Minnesota. Hyper-liberal terrorist recruitment state. We woodsboys wanted our super strength for the impending Sharia law in the Midwest. I wish we had lived in Alaska.
>>
>>52366063
And with that goal in mind you only deadlift 3pl8s bro? Cmon man I'm just a clueless dyel but that doesnt sound impressive at all
>>
I did 3 pl8s for 3 reps without ever really deadlifting prior at 140 lbs bodyweight. Then again I struggle to squat anything over 1 pl8 for more than 5 reps so ig it's pretty subjective.
>>
>>52366141
I'm >>52365580 this guy dude. I don't know anyone else in my height/weight range that can diddly as much as I can with good form. Take my advice or not, I'm still shooting for superstrength.
>>
>>52366087
I Diddy twice a week and added 10lbs every work out. I started at 225 though. I wasn't straight bones when I started lifting.
>>
>>52366159
Sumo?
>>
>>52360869
eat more twink
>>
>>52366145
there's no fucking way you can use enough leg drive to deadlift 3pl8 but not squat more than 1pl8
>>
>>52366175
Shoulder-width. Don't fuck around with stupid footwork, that's only going to throw your hips out. Same thing I tell people when they say they had to start with wide-stance squats because there "legs aren't built for it". Hard truth, due to numerous factors, the muscles required for a shoulder-width stance squat are just un- or overworked, and they need to start at a weight they can perform that lift at, and then move up. Foot position changes outside of a natural ROM is fucking stupid, and in some cases like sumo, cheating.
>>
>>52366231
B-but my 3 pl8 squats. I'm going to have to drop 90lb to get perfect form.
>>
>>52366210
you may be right. it's probably a combination of shitty form and lack of confidence in my squat. I also hurt my back squatting all the way back in like 8th grade and it has never recovered right.
>>
>>52360402
It's honestly not that good. I also went to a commercial gym for a while and the most I ever saw was like 275. When I started going to my university gym I saw lots of people doing 405+. Not even big people- just average size athletes.
>>
>>52360402
The simple fact is that most normies at gyms either go because they’re following the herd or because they want to look good. The majority of non-sport lifters don’t care about their numbers.
My own experience: 3pl8 is not a lot on deadlift. I hit 325 at 5’10” ~154lbs when I was 17 and strength training for sports consistently for about a year. Now I’m 6ft ~160lbs and just getting back into lifting after a half year off. I pulled 275x5 at the gym the first day back. Most serious Pwr lifters at my uni gym pull 4-6pl8
>>
>>52366046
yeah for people who have been lifting for less than 2 years

you are still "non-lifter" status if you have been lifting for less than 2 years unless you have great genetics.

you can say you actually "lift" when you are 1/2/3/4. anything under and you are absolutely no different than non-lifters
>>
>>52366252
Then you drop 90lbs. Do you want to be super strong or super gay?
>>
>>52366316
>tfw lifting for a year and half
>2/2.5/3.5/5
Make your kids play sports and go hiking , faggots.
>>
>>52362305

Your friends sounds like a pretty cool guy. You in the other hand sound like an autistic mongoloid
>>
File: 1559733794061.jpg (127 KB, 376x434)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>52360402
>squat 3pl8s in my eurogym
>literally among the top ten strongest dudes in the joint

and that is only because the gym is home to some powerlifters, usually it's much worse
>>
>>52366331
>OHP 2 plates
>benching 2.5
yeah not only are you lying youre a complete fucking retard for thinking a 2 plate OHP would translate to anything less than a 3 plate bench
>>
>>52360502
I did 3 plate after a few months of lifting. Its an ego lift, you're better off doing anything else.
>>
File: 1568035791499.jpg (29 KB, 497x614)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>52360402
This is life and the universe itself.

In normieville, you'll see very few people who are actually going to make it. In Places That Matter, these people are fairly common
>>
>>52360402
no

normal people see a 3 plate deadlift as some retard "showing off" and not even being that strong. same with 4 plate. anything under 5 people literally think youre retarded. at 5 plates any random will be:
1)impressed
2)think youre on roids
>>
>>52365824
Why in the world would you not use straps if it hinders your progress on a compound movement, are you retarded? Nothing says that he can't train his forearms while he's using straps. He can eventually build enough strength to not need it, it's pretty pathetic how you're projecting this badly.
>>
>>52366451
post body
>>
>>52366459
The fact that you think using straps is a proper way to train up to a weight is a prominent display of your lack of lifting.
>>52366371
I don't bench, that's literally the only reason. Are you trying to imply that OHP and bench use the same muscle groups you fucking retard?
>>
>>52365824
Straps are literally better than supinated from a mechanical and safety point. Deadlift is not a "grip" exercise, it's a hinge movement. Want to work grip? Go do your farmer carries and stop limiting yourself. The only reason people use supinated is because they don't know how to use straps or they're abiding by powerlifting rules even though they don't compete.

You do not deadlift 4pl8 with double overhand, so don't even try to bullshit me. I can immediately tell when some nigger is lying on here when they say shit like double overhand only or switch your hands each set with the supinated grip.
>>
>>52366507
Elite level powerlifters advocate for strap use, in fact they even use it for meets where it's allowed, the general fucking concensus is that you should use it if it helps you lift more weight because the translates to more hypertrophy and strength. You're just a retard for thinking they have no place in training at all. They have a place for when your grip literally cannot keep up with your back development. You know that grip strength takes a lot longer to build than back strength, right? Like a lot longer.
>>
>>52366507
ok so you are 2/0/3/4 aka a total fucking retard
>>
2pl8 is impressive to normies, 3pl8 is God-tier to them
>>
>>52366526
He's just so insecure that he sees strap usage for deadlifts as feminine, it's literally pathetic how much he's projecting some weird masculinity onto this.
>>
>>52366526
I diddly 515 double overhand so suck my limber cock, you can use straps if you're not confident in your grip on my shaft.
>>52366543
No I still bench 2.5pl8, but I don't train bench. I'm happy with where my chest is in comparison to shoulders and back and don't feel like having massive mantits. Good job being a fucktard DYEL, though.
>>52366535
Powershitters are also fucking retards. The rest of your post is powershitter cheating logic and I ain't humoring it. You can't lift that weight without straps? Then you can't lift that fucking weight. It didn't take long for me, considering I never had a problem with grip. Maybe you should consider that you're training wrong if it takes you so long to develop proper grip?
>>
>>52366598
>The rest of your post is powershitter cheating logic and I ain't humoring it.

Right, concession accepted.
>>
>>52366598
>powershitters
yeah theres a zero % chance you deadlift 5 plates

LMFAO @ you "not benching" holy fuck. what kind of fucking loser do you have to be to LARP on 4chan to improve your self confidence. kys faggot
>>
>>52366622
>hurrr
The only concessions you're getting are at the movies, fat faggot powershitter. Maybe if you worked grip as much as back you wouldn't have problems, but you need that strong back to compensate for that fat gut, I know. Come at me with some real reasons.
>>
>>52366632
What kind of loser do you have to be to LARP and pretend like there aren't people stronger and smarter than you on these boards? I'm a better trainer and I'm stronger, take my advice or don't, you still can't double overhand 515.
>>
>>52366671
>he thinks hes strong than me
lmfao, I too OHP 2 plates and deadlift 5 but the difference between you and I is my bench is literally 90lbs heavier than yours and my squat, over 100lbs.

youre a complete fucking liar and I'm LOLing at you

you leg drive your OHP and more than likely its not even 2 plates. you half rep your squats, and youre lying about your deadlift. none of what youre claiming makes a lick of sense. "I dont bench" lmfao. yeah I bet you dont faggot. i bet you dont even lift
>>
Post body. This would end all this.
>>
>>52366713
>u leg drive
>u half rep
The level of cope in this powershitter post is palpable. I lift, with perfect form, the same amount of weight as you while weighing half as much. Let that settle.
>>
>>52360502
Oh fuck off, the average male should be able to deadlift 3 plates in their first year of training no problem.

You don't see pianists comparing themselves to people who don't play piano.
>>
>>52366731
He doesn't even have to post body, just forearm. Although with him growling about how lean he is and how perfect he is he should definitely post body.
>>
>>52366754
I'll post body after I see some of these fat fucks show how hard they're coping for their lack of proper training. You're so assblasted you tried attacking me for bench even after I openly admitted not training bench because I like the way my chest looks now. Couldn't possibly cope harder.
>>
>>52366782
Calm down there buddy, not even the same person.
>>
>>52366788
You're still defending the poser-golems.
>>
>>52362924
nobody pulled 340kg in your gym, retard
>>
>>52366821
One time I watched a lineman from the Vikings diddly 8pl8 in my shitty small town gym. It happens.
>>
>>52365604
That's nothin, retard.
I OHP'd 1,5 plates first day in the gym, easy.
>>
>>52366535
>>52366459
>>52365735
>>52366526
Straps are fine to use at heavy weight.
However there is absolutely no reason why someone who is struggling to deadlift 75kg should use straps and you should not be encouraging someone to do so.
The solution to having a weak grip is not to stop training your grip.
The best way to train grip is with high rep, low weight deadlifts, pullups, and high rep DB rows.

Hook grip is still more optimal from a programming perspective than straps, until growth of grip strength is a limiting factor, which it absolutely isn't for <4plate.
>>
>>52366316
1234 1RM or x5?
>>
>>52366892
I wasn't memeing. Make your kids play sports and keep them physically active up through highschool. 1pl8 OHP is not impressive for an average man, all things considered. You're lifting less than bodyweight over your head. Think about that. That should be basic strength for any male of any age. Same with pushups and pullups. People that can't do 10 of each astound me. Telling me you're not physically capable of pushing or pulling yourself off the ground a few times. Modern man is a sad affair.
>>
>>52366821
I counted the plates man, it was 8pl8
It's absolutely insane, but it's far from impossible; it's also a university gym, so the standards aren't nearly as low as commercial gyms
>>
>>52366917
This is exactly what I was getting at but these delusional powershitters know jackshit about strength training. Thank you for posting a less aggravated post than mine, brother, you're doing gods work.
>>
>>52366930
It will always be 1rm.
>>
>>52366917
There's absolutely no reason for your grip to be the determining factor in your deadlift progression. Like stated above, you can still train your grip, fuck you should, and you can even do all of your warmup sets with DOH and then do DOH top holds for 15-30 seconds once your done with your working weight, but it shouldn't limit progression of your entire physique because it takes forever to catch up to par if you've never done any kind of grip work.

Give me a single good reason why once mixed grip fails you you shouldn't just use straps and train your grip for itself?
>>
>>52366980
There isn't one. It would be fucking stupid to let your grip be the limiting factor of your deadlift.
>>
>>52366977
1234 really? Pretty low bar that.

lmao tfw I lift
>>
>>52366980
>mixed grip fails
HAHAHAHA holy fuck dude now I do not feel bad not posting body for you fat faggots to jack off over. You're seriously implying that you should EVER used mixed grip, and that you should then use straps when your CHEAT grip stops working. You're not progressing grip because youre a weak faggot who switched grips the second his "back totally progressed faster than grip bro". Maybe you should train grip, so that you can actually lift the weights your ego convinced you you can. I am now officially the only person in this thread who diddly's 465+ overhand.
>>
>>52366977
Get the fuck out newfag, 1/2/3/4 was for reps. If you hit 1/2/3/4 at 1RM, you haven't made it. Fucking faggots on this board ruining the shitty standards.
>>
>>52367023
Okay, grip almost fails me at 120 kg, what do?
>>
File: 1557549265713.jpg (24 KB, 409x379)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>52360869
It took me 4 months of lifting 5 days a week, while eating at a deficit to hit it lol
>>
>>52367034
HOW MANY REPS THEN? I wanna hit that before the year ends, stop moving the fucking goalpost. Is it x5?
>>
>>52367085
20 reps.
>>
>>52367023
>>52367023

Strange, earlier you said 510. But it really is hillarious how a nobody like you can honestly tout so much horse shit and fully believe it, worlds strongest men use straps because grip is a limiting factor. Even the elitists on /r/griptraining universally agrees that grip should not hinder progression on compounds and if need be switch grip or use straps.
>>
>>52364028
>220kg OHP
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
>>
>>52367045
Barbell curls, barbell forearm curls/preachers curls, barbell skull crushers. Even just standing there holding the bar for a while. You want to make sure you're doing chest-opener stretches and wrist mobility stretches. Part of the problem with grip strength is shoulder impingement. Lay on your back with a firm pillow/rolled blanket lengthwise, from tailbone to head and preferably 4+ inches thick, and put your arms out at 90 angles from your body. Relax and open/close your hands every now and then, you'll feel your forearms and chest start to tingle, that's the nerves you had blocked up. Do that every night, you'll notice some decent improvement, especially if you're doing those accessories. Practice using the straight-wrist form for all of your lifts as well.
>>
>>52367097
Hahahahahahahha fucking dyel it's 50 reps, blindfolded, standing on one leg.
>>
>>52367045
https://www.reddit.com/r/GripTraining/wiki/faq is a good resource.
>>
>>52367101
I said 515, and that's my 1RM still. You don't even lift 465 if you mixed grip and straps. That was my point you illiterate shitpant.
>citing Reddit
>taking powerlifters seriously ever
Yup, you just outed yourself as an absolute know-nothing retard. Like pottery.
>>52367085
5 is good, 10 is better.
>>
>>52367023
pls be bait
>>
>>52366371
Some people just have shit bench, I can OHP 125x5 but can only bench around 165x5
>>
>>52367118
>Blindfolded
This is how I know you never made it.
>>
>>52367122
>>52367045
That is not a good source. Don't listen to this redditor faggot powershitter. My advice will help you progress immediately.
>>
>>52367134
>if you mixed grip and straps.
It's one or the other.
>>
>>52367144
pls be kg
>>
>>52366980
The reason your grip becomes the limiting factor is irrelevant to how you train. It's going to happen at some point because the other muscles involved in the lift are massive and take much easier to gaining strength.
As I said, at some point your grip is going to fail before anything else, at which point you should probably consider using straps and training grip separately.
This should, however, be a last resort, and only for the very highest weight.
It should also be at a point past at LEAST 4 plates if you're not a manlet or a skeleton. If your grip is failing before then, you need to increase your grip strength, and removing the primary source of grip training (ie the deadlift) is counterintuitive.
If your grip is failing before that point, it is safe to say you are a novice lifter, and to include loads of other exercises just to train your grip is going to be suboptimal for progression in your main lifts. It's too much volume for a beginner.

If this is happening at such a low weight then something is going wrong somewhere else in your programming.

>>52367045
Mixed or hook grip. Hook is better but more uncomfortable, and also difficult if you're a handlet. If aesthetics are your primary concern, I would avoid mixed but personally I prefer it.
>>52367134
No one mixes grip with straps. That's just retarded.
>>
>>52367139
I'm literally the only person in this thread who can lift that much weight double overhand, this dude has straight up admitted to being a limp-wristed pussy. Y'all are weak faggots, get good.
>>
>>52367147
Explain.
>>
>>52360402
I bet the average submitted penis size on /fit/ is 20 inch
>>
>>52367164
475kg right?
>>
>>52367160
>>52367155
I wouldn't be surprised if this fat faggot did both and claimed his lift. Either or, is still picking between anal and oral gay sex.
>>
>>52366746
Nice analogy
>>
>>52367172
7.5 inches unironically, and pretty thick too. Sometimes I pop a boner at work in the morning and I notice my coworker keeps glancing over at me. Yesterday she even drooled on her desk, lol
>>
>>52367200
Thanks bro, we all wanted to know.
>>
>>52367160
and removing the primary source of grip training (ie the deadlift) is counterintuitive.

if you physically cannot complete your working sets because of grip then you use be using straps, it doesn't really matter how much you lift. And regardless of when it failed you should be working grip strength as it's pretty fucking useful for many things, like hanging leg raises or weighted pullups.
>>
>>52366172
Damn bro no way a sedentary dyel like me could start at 225
>>
>>52360502
If you are a 6'5 250lb freak, 3pl8 is nothing

If you are 6' at 10% bf, 3pl8 is good
>>
>>52367157
it's grams
>>
>>52367181
tons
>>
>>52367307
>>52367322
lbkgs
>>
1/2/3/4 and 2/3/4/5 are actually shit proportions desu lads
>>
>>52367209
why are you too retarded to greentext
>>
File: 1541758947695.jpg (39 KB, 500x500)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>52367355
Then what's a good one?
>>
>>52367355
A better standard would be 300ish wilks 2bh, it would allow femanons and manlets to join in and prevent 300lb+ fatfucks getting cocky with a bodyweight squat.
>>
>>52367355
1/2/3/4 is good, 2/3/4/5 is retarded
>>
>>52367383
Your squat should be 90% of your deadlift.
Your bench should be 70-80% of your squat.
Your press should be 70-80% of your bench.

Precise figures for benchmarks are pretty dumb considering everyone is a different weight and height too.
I'd say use something like the strength standards calculator but it's calculated using data input by other users, so it's skewed pretty heavily by people that are unduly obsessed with bench press and who neglect the squat.
>>
>>52367454
>different weight
No, this allows for fat fuck powershitters to cheat and cope. Height and weight in unison need to be considered standard argument. Your deadlift should be nearly 3x your bodyweight, your bench should be nearly 2x, OHP should be 1-1.5BW, and squat should be between 2x and 3.
>>
>gym I went to one time has a "leaderboard"
>deadlift top was 5 plates, 2nd was 4 plates, the rest were 3 and some change
>I go get a gym employee to watch, and now have the 2nd highest deadlift in the gym at 445lbs after visiting it one time lol
>>
>>52367643
That scale is way off. You expect an 80kilo guy to dead nearly 240 and squat 200? To bench 160 and press 120? Come on. That's professional strength athlete level. That would take 5+ years to attain, and that's being generous. It's also disproportional to fuck.
I agree with >>52367396 280-300 wilks is a decent benchmark though I reckon most people would struggle to get that too.
>>
I’ve been lifting 2 months and my stats are

DL 90kg
Squat 80kg
Bench 75kg
OHP 40kg

At 186cm and 75kg bw.

Am I gonna get stuck being a loser like this shmuck? Adding weight is starting to get hard.
>>
>>52367890
>Adding weight is starting to get hard.
That’s how it goes lad, you just gotta try consistently hard. This is why a 3plate squat is so rare in commercial gyms.
>>
>>52367200
>Yesterday she even drooled on her desk, lol
What an absolute alpha male chad, great post, superior male.
>>
>>52366331
Are you or your parents rich or upper middle class?
>>
>>52367890
>Am I gonna get stuck being a loser like this shmuck?

Like what shmuck? The op? I am the op and I am training properly for about 3 months and I am deadlifting 115kg. Adding weight is somewhat hard but I'm sure I will reach 3 plates soon, and I've barely been training more than you. But yes, you are pretty pathetic, especially with your 40kg OHP (I'm OHPing 50+kg for reps)
>>
>>52367820
BREH I'm 180 and diddly 515, I ain't disproportionate, I have retard level strength.
>>
>>52360460
Post body
>>
>>52367890
because you don't eat enough
>>
>>52366732
Ok I'm not even him but you are just larping, go take a rest friend
>>
>>52367820
are you retarded? My dad is 80 something kg and started lifting in his 40s. And has pulled 220kgx5, so I'm sure he could do 240kg.

I'm at 250kgx5 and I'm still LPing.
>>
>>52366782
Post forearm already snowflake, you have some issues going with that attitude of yours
>>
>>52367944
Nope, but when we did spend money it was on sports and outdoor trips.
>>
>>52360453
yeah but you're also a manlet
>>
Of the people at my gym who actually deadlift id say around half pull over 3pl8 and around 5 of them including myself pull over 5pl8.
>>
>>52367996
I have an attitude because fat retards with shit form and shit strength training are giving shit advice. Stop defending the disjnfo retards.
>>
Damn this board is full of elite lifters with deadlifts over 500lbs wow guys didn't know you were all this strong
>>
>>52367991
I bet you both got long-ass monkey arms.
I’m the exact opposite and my diddly is dogshit, but I know guys who can pull over 4plates but can barely squat 2.5
>>
>>52362761
average gym goer =/= average person. maybe 10% of the people who actually bother to start lifting stick with it in the long-term, so you'll always have people who've been doing for a while and are therefor strong.
>>
>>52366387
I did it on my first day when the pt was finding my maxs
>>
>>52368024
Most guys are e-statting, but /plg/ has a few elite-ish athletes tripfagging there.
>>
>>52367991
Congratulations on you and your dad, but that is not the experience that the average person is going to have.
>>
>>52368024
>>52368050
Is it really hard to believe that there are some people on a fitness board that actually lift?
>>
A lot of cope in this thread. 3plate deadlift if fine if you've been training a couple months. 2/3/4 should be attainable for any man with functional hormone levels, diet, and rest to reach in 12-14 months.
>>
>>52368058
Oh no some people here lift for sure, but a lot of fags are either brand new or just came from /pol/ and /r9k/ to complain about women and larp
>>
>>52368058
>>52368050
>>52368024
Nah problem is I've been lifting ever since I stopped playing sports, maintain an extremely active lifestyle outside of the gym, and eat an ungodly diet. When I give advice on stretching and supplemental exercise, these fat retards lose their little pig minds and can't handle the fact that someone who didn't bloat their way through their beginner gains is lifting the same, if not more, weight that they are currently. It's the state of this board after powershitting became a "respected" style of lifting. It's all Reddit bullshit. Literally everyone who defends powerlifting, straps, and mixed grip are fat powerlifting faggots. They need to start calling powerlifting by it's real name: fatfucklifting
>>
>>52360402
What kind of shitty gym do you go to lmao
>manlet asians DLing 5pl8 at my ghetto garage gym
>random people DLing 4+ plates at my super normie franchise gym
>>
>>52368091
thanks for the blog post bro, you sound really cool
>>
>>52368091

brah you're only pulling 515 relax
>>
>>52368066
Well yeah the vast majority are shit posting DYELs but I’d say 5% are decent lifters.
>>52368091
Holy fuck dude did a power lift fuck your girlfriend?
Post body and stats
>>
>>52368122
Hi pig-brain. Try lifting the same weights when you're under 18BF. You shouldn't be at 18BF ever anyways, but hey, it helps you think it's progressing your lifts and psychosomatic responses are important, I guess.
>>
>>52360453
MANLET!
>>
>>52368129
I've already posted stats, >>52365580
Stay assblasted faggot.
>>52368128
I'm pulling 515 at 15% BF. That's my beef with these mixed grip, strap wearing fat fucktards.
>>
>>52368151
post physique
>>
>>52368184
Nah after that one faggot ACTUALLY linked a subreddit, I'm not posting shit for you retards except for constant reminders of how retarded your routines are.
>>
Symmetricstrenght is a better measure than 1/2/3/4, because it is kinda hard to achieve 1/2/3/4 if you're striving for low weight (like me, 5'9, 162 lbs)

For example, I'm on proeficient on most of my lifts on symmetric strenght, lifting for 2 years consistenly, and most of the guys in my gym say I'm strong for my size.
>>
>>52368198
how convenient you massive, massive bender
>>
>>52368151

Why? What do you think the purpose of bodyfat is?

Being muscular and in the low 20s% bodyfat is healthy. Muscle and fat keep you alive when you're sick. As soon as you lose all your muscle or all your fat you die. The whole reason we even have steroids like anavar is to compete wasting diseases like cancer or aids -- because you die when all your muscle and fat is gone.

Fat is not some toxic component of our bodies. It's a key, vital component, and having more muscle is vastly more important than trying to reduce your bodyfat below 20%.

Maybe you like the aesthetics, fine. But being skinny is not healthy. Being muscular is healthy, and to be very muscular requires bodyfat in nattys.
>>
>>52368222
Convenient that the fatfuck admitted to mixed grip failing, resorting to straps, and then posting a subreddit for his "grip strength"? Keep coping you shitgut.
>>
>>52368183

So what? I'm pulling over 600 hook grip at probably somewhere in the low 20s.

Stop being a bodyfat faggot and get stronger.
>>
>>52368233
Arguing that low to mid 20s BF is healthiest? Holy fucking shit. You need to reconsider how fucking fat you are dude. This is exactly why I lift more than you.
>>
>>52360402

At my large Gold's gym only a small percentage of lifters do deadlift at all and maybe 5% of them deadlift 3 plates or more.

So yes, 3 plates is impressive to normies.
>>
>>52368248
So you're only pulling 100lbs more while being over 5% higher in BF. Do you realize how much of a shitty excuse that is for being fat?
>>
>>52368275
lmao think about how much easier it is to pull 415 than 515.

And idc, I bet I can pull 700 at this bodtfat% too
>>
>>52368310
Now here's a larper. Near a quarter of your body mass is fat, that's no doubt not a LARP.
>>
>>52368310
this is the biggest e stat i've ever seen
post pics or stfu
"im shredded and really strong guys honestly!"
embarrassing and pathetic
>>
>>52367454
>my squat is 90% my deadlift
>my press is 75% of my bench
>tfw bench is 60% of my squat
Feels T-rex mode man
>>
>>52368346
I never said I was shredded. I said I'm in the 20s.

Now post you
>>
>>52368346
>>52368310
wrong tag. fucking boomer
>>52368263
>>
>>52360502
Tbf cheat curls are not bad
>>
>>52368183
Lmao you don’t pull more than me and doubt you look better or are more athletic either.
>>
>>52368378
>>52368373
I'm 25 you sack of pig shit and I mog you in every aspect. How's it feel knowing someone is going to hit your same lifts by the end of next Summer, and they won't have to dedicate a quarter of their entire mass to being solid fat? Coping retards.
>>
>>52368409
I've got a 4:32 mile and absolutely shit on your lifts dude, just stop embarrassing yourself. Powershitters are slowly losing reasons to keep going.
>>
>>52368412
No one cares bro. Have sex please
>>
>>52368412
Post pics/vids pussy
>>
>>52368424
>Have sex
Hahahahaha I fucking knew it. I knew you goddamned retards would resort to this absolute tumblr-tier retardation when you finally ran out of fatshit excuses.
>>
>>52368433
Nah we've discussed this, faggot, I'm not posting pictures for you reddit fags. I only let biological females get off over my pics, and despite your tits and fat thighs, a woman you are not.
>>
>>52368422
I deadlift 500 for sets of 5 no you don’t.
>>
>>52360869
Wtf lol i pulled 4 pl8 and squatted 3pl8 my first time lifting, im 23% bf tho :(
>>
>>52368436
>>52368465
The more you post without providing any proof, the worse you look. I'm going to assume that you are a skinny little virgin who can't pull one plate. Loser!
>>
>>52368474
Go ahead, fatboy. Nothing changes the facts here.
>>52368467
I do, and I still 1RM 515. Keep coping pig-brain.
>>
>>52368489
Ok? No one cares how fast you can run a mile. Keep coping for the fact that I rep your max.
>>
>>52360402
That’s very common. Most people at normie gyms, if they even go to the gym regularly, skip out on heavy compounds that hit the leg. You’ll see jacked dudes struggling to quarter squat 145lbs. At a gym like that a 3 plate deadlift is huge. At a powerlifting gym 3-5 plates is the standard depending on how long someone’s been training.
>>
>>52368465
Ok it's just bait now
>>
>>52368489
is this you?
>>
>>52360460
And for the Army faggot. Look up the new fitness test.
>>
>>52368517
It ain't bait, but as long as powershitters keep attempting to defend their retard build and methods, I'll keep reminding them.
>>52368513
You were the one who claimed you were more athletic ya fuckin knob. Don't matter, I'm still lifting 3x my weight while you had to get fat.
>>
>>52360402
>deadlifting

Please tell me you don't actually do this fit
>>
>>52360918
Hell, 6 months is pushing it, but even genetic rejects should get there within 2 years. 5 years means that there is something fundamentally wrong with what you're doing.
>>
>>52368545
Not fat at all actually. And i there me more to athleticism than your mile time fag. How many dead hang chin ups can you do? How many muscle ups?
>>
>>52368575
36 chin-ups, 14 muscle ups. I've been nothing but athletic my entire life dude, you're not going to get me on this. My argument this whole time is against the fat faggot who suggested using straps to a kid who was struggling at progressing his DL, rather than telling the kid to drop the weight and work on his grip, which I did. He then proceeded to admit he used mixed grip, failed, then started using straps, and still couldn't diddly more than me. Then all the powershitters flocked to defend his retarded ass, even after he posted a link to a subreddit. It's fucking insane that it's devolved this badly that people actually DEFENDED his blatant misinformation.
>>
>>52367945
Nah sorry I meant to quote this >>52360869
>>
>>52368635
Yep you got me. Still hating every powerlifting tee because one gave advise you disagree with is retarded. Also there’s no reason not to use straps while you work on your grip if it’s lagging. You don’t need to put the rest of your body on hold until your grip catches up you can do both.
>>
>>52368474
>>52368489
I bet you're both fucking ugly skinny fat cucks trying to grill strangers on the internet. How funny.
>>
>>52368263
https://www.bmj.com/content/337/bmj.a439

Strength was more important than bmi or cardiorespitory fitness for longetivity
>>
>>52368412
>>52368436
You, and only you, by yourself, made this thread cancer. I don't care how much you lift or how you look, you are a massive colossal interdimensional faggot. You have taken faggotry to a whole new level. Such a cancerous attitude. It's even worse because you type so much shit without even attempting to back it up in any way shape or form.

Sincerely, a DYEL who couldn't care less about muh powerlifting, muh 15% bf or muh I'm superior to everyone else.
>>
>>52368672
I hate powerlifters for a multitude of reasons, and this thread is the perfect example. They're all coping with the fact that they're not as strong as they think they are simply because they're fat shits. I NEED to shut them down, it's a drive within me to reality check every person I can, I don't give a fuck if y'all don't like me for it, someone needs to be that guy. Straps are not a good tool for that, or anything for that matter.
>you shouldn't stall the rest of your body
Yes, yes you should. You should stall your back if your grip is not there with it. What do you think happens if you keep progressing back while practicing at progressing grip? It's always going to lag. Stall your shit until your grip is up there. I've said this a dozen times now, but it's fact, if you cannot lift the weight without a strap, you cannot lift that weight period. It's called a compound lift for a fucking reason. That's like saying you don't have the ankle mobility for a full squat so you wear high-heels to get to depth. You can't fucking squat that weight without a goddamn shoe to get you there. Shit's disingenuous and I don't consider anyone who uses shit like that to actually be able to lift the weight they claim. No gear natty or fucking nothing.
>>52368680
I bet your a fat shit who sits more than 2 hours a day.
>>
>>52368767
Good, that's what this thread deserved after this powershitting fuckfest. I'm down to remind all of you how shit is actually done. You think I'm cancer? I'm the goddamn cancer to the cancer. This board is fucking shit now, with people giving all sorts of retarded advice, and I'm going to remind you of that every single fucking time. Pussy.
>>
>>52368786
Is Eddie Hall's deadlift record valid since he's wearing straps for it?
>>
>>52368769
The ankle mobility analogy doesn't even make sense because more weight makes it easier to get into a squat than less.

Lol idiot
>>
>>52368769
You sound deranged. Powerlifters generally know exactly how strong they are since their that’s the point of their sport. And there’s no real reason you need to stall your back because your grip is weak. Just do your sets with straps and afterwards do some without them to train your grip. No one cares what you consider them to be able to lift. If they want to compete in a geared competition they should do the lifts with gear. I don’t know why you’re so butthurt about it.
>>
>>52368786
I actually agree with you but with that attitude you ain't accomplishing anything. You are acting like you are better than everyone else and no one except retards like such people. I get your point but cmon bro, let powerlifters do their thing. I'm just starting out and eating like an animal and getting fatter really helps with progression in the little experience I have. You've been athletic and stuff all your life? Greay bro, cool. But I've been some sedentary DYEL that all he has done for his entire life is play videogames, I can't do the same things you do, I won't progress the same way you progressed, just because something worked for you it doesn't mean it will work for everyone. Stop being such a faggot man, I appreciate your advice and the intention but your attitude is off. And yeah getting obese to lift more is stupid, I dont think anyone disagrees.
>>
>>52368862
>>52368861
>>52368824
None of you deserve any further responses. That's how goddamned stupid you are, you've warranted silence from the cancer of cancers.
>>52368864
I don't give a fuck how you feel about the way I approach this topic. That's the point, and the people that pick up on that are the ones that are going to make it without hurting themselves. I ain't new to this game of roasting people on /fit/, been doing it for 6 years now, and I'm only getting better. Look man, you just brought up the number one thing I'm trying to solve here. You were sedentary, you recognize that as a bad thing, and now you're working towards not being so anymore. That's the point. That is the problem with straps and gear, that's the problem with progressing everything else when a basic component of lifting(grip) is stalling, and that's the problem with getting fat to increase your lifts. It's all lazy, and it's not going to last, unless you plan on being fat or crippled in the future. I understand you're eating more to increase lifts, that's nature, but you're probably not exceeding 20%, and that means you're a normal fucking person with a functioning brain and drive to lift. Anything more than 20, arguably 18, is just poor diet and work ethic. It's not healthy, I don't give a fuck what that dude's study said, it's not. You can do the same thing I did, and you can do it in the same time frame relative to your current weight. It's a matter of doing it RIGHT and not letting these retards shill you into Oblivion with their LITERAL reddit-tier powershitter disinfo. I didn't post pics or studies to back my claims up simply for the fact that these people are delusional shills and all they deserve is to be insulted. You and I? We can talk. Them? They can get fucked.
>>
>>52368942
>gets beat in an argument and callls everyone stupid instead of responding to it
Stay mad retard
>>
>>52368942
Stop blogging and go lift and eat you little pussy.
>>
>>52368990
>>52368972
Still lifting more than you, still lower bodyfat, still healthier, and still shitting on your cheating copes. I'll be here all year babies.
>>
>>52368942
You are by far the gayest person I have ever encountered on this board, and I've been here since 2012
>>
>>52369047
I can 10 rep your 1 RM dead. ok bye forever nigger
>>
>>52368942
Am the DYEL and again I understand your approach, I don't plan on using straps, I even dislike the idea of using a belt. I wanna do everything raw, I get it, it seems that it makes no sense to use external aid while trying to become stronger, but there might be some benefits to using these things no? Your hate for powerlifters is extreme. Kinda based tho. Btw last time I tried to lift my shitty grip started failing me at a little over lmao2pl8s for 5 reps kek.
>>
>>52369047
How many times do I have to tell your stupid ass that I rep your max. Also pretty sure I’m lower body fat too
>>
>>52369079
Awwwhhhahahahahaha look at em go, waddle into that sunset you fat fuck.
>>52369049
Good. You are learning, you're getting the gist. You're not making me feel bad about myself yet, and you haven't given me any reason to doubt myself so you're still lacking in execution. We need to abuse the faggot shills, powershitters, and redditors until they leave. Y'all have forced my hand, I'm going to abuse the living shit out of anyone who bullshits or gives terrible advice. If you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, or lying, then don't fucking post. What happened to "lurk first, post later"? We have retards in here actually trying to ask whether or not Eddie Hall is actually capable of lifting a half ton. Can he grip that bar and hold it without tying it to his wrists? No? Then he can't deadlift that weight. He can strapped-wrists-"deadlift" that weight, but he can't straight diddly it. There's your answer, >>52368824
It's not a straight diddly, it's a geared up lift for his ego. It's impressive, but without his wrists tied to the bar, he can't actually lift that amount of weight off the ground. This is the problem with telling a kid who struggles with 120kg to use straps. You're essentially encouraging and training novice lifters to cheat their way into competition mode.
>>
>>52368942
>None of you deserve any further responses
>>52369047
>>52369127
you're either really really mad or your IQ is closer to 70 than it is to 100.
outed yourself as a "it doesnt count he has straps" faggot too
shameful
>>
>>52369127
You still haven’t given an actual reason a novice shouldn’t use strap. No one claims a geared lift is the same a raw lift you’re triggered over an imaginary straw man. There’s nothing wrong with geared lifting and training with gear in preparation for a comp nor is there anything wrong with raw lifters.
>>
>>52369117
You're absolutely not lower BF, I already stated I'm a comfortable 15, and that's another point to my argument. I'm damn near hitting that weight for reps, without having to be a fat piggy pig-brain to do it. Jelly beans are not senzu beans nigger.
>>52369095
Belts are even worse than straps, so your intuition is good there. My hate for powerlifters stems from outlifting 80% of them and them not being able to handle it for close to a decade now. Second you claim to be lifting 3x your bodyweight these fat faggots climb into their war-scooters to defend the fact that if they were able to lift 3x their mass, they would be steadily replacing forklifts in the shipping industry. They can't, because most of their weight is useless fat. Fat does not contribute to strength. Muscle does. There is a delusion to trying to excuse having more than a certain amount of fat, and you might as well give me a psychology degree and a couple of tazers because I do not tolerate delusions. At least you recognize that your grip is failing and you aren't going back on your ideals to reach that weight. I listed a couple accessories before in the thread, try those, and even try practicing stretching your hands out. We focus a lot on producing the squeeze of the grip, but forget that the muscles and tendons in the hand and wrist are like any other, and stretching them out to fully repair is just as beneficial. You'll make it bud.
>>
>>52369185
A novice shouldn't have to use straps, and they're not trained enough to accommodate the extra volume that training grip would necessitate.
>>52369208
It's hilarious that you're trying to rag on people for being fat when you're at a whopping 15%
>>
>>52360511
NICE MEME FELLOW KEKCHANNER I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE XDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>52369185
I've given a reason multiple times. Read through the thread at your own expense, if you still can't grasp why a novice shouldn't be using straps to continue lifting a weight that they physically cannot, especially for a compound lift, then I have nothing but a wet asshole for you.
>>52369163
>now I'm gonna try to come at his intelligence
>WAH
He can't strict diddly that weight, get over it. Go work on your double overhand, limp-wrist faggot.
>>
>>52369222
I'm 180 at 6'3 homeboy, that's perfect BF for my current weight considering I sprint miles like a motherfucker and do multiple day hikes. Any more than that is useless weight, and any less is endangering my endurance.
>>
>>52360402
I go to a commercial gym (24h fitness) and I've literally seen girls dl 3pl8. Most of the guys either don't dl at all or do more than that.

>>52360869
This has to be bait. Even if you start with an empty bar there is no way you can't squat 225 in a few months of dedicated effort.
>>
>>52369279
It's not bait, look at all the other idiots in this thread. This board is infested with Reddit and /r9k/.
>>
>>52368529
The army is full of fat 27 year old neckbeards who got kicked out their parents basement
>>
I dead lifted 315 my first time ever attempting deadlifting. I have long arms and naturally high muscle mass/high test though.
>>
>>52369208
Thanks breh, I already read your advice to improve grip strength and yeah I also have some flexibility problems from sitting and playing to much and also surgery. Also I think 15% is reasonable and healthy for the dude saying its too much. But what do I know.
>>
>>52363478
>zercher deadlifts
B&R
>>
>>52369279
>(24h fitness)girls dl 3pl8
lol no you haven't
>>
>>52369597
A big factor in developing healthy ligaments and recovering from years of abuse is to not sit for more than 2 hours. Even laying down is better than sitting, so long as you're not craning your neck trying to read from your chest or something. Just stretch multiple times a day, if you feel tight in your hammies, do forward folds for a few minutes at a time, if you're feeling tight in your shoulders/chest, do some doorframe hangs, stuff like that. This idea that we're not supposed to be stretching and freshening up our joints throughout the day, that it can lead to injuries or loss of gains if done excessively is quite simply another disinfo shill. Both based in miseducation and misconceptions based on broscience and poor observation. Stretches improves the blood and nervous response to the muscles being questioned, and in that relaxed state the "volume" or hardness of a muscle group decreases. People don't like that because they don't have real gains and they're desperately trying to hold onto their pump. Muscles should be springy, but taut when flexed, not taut when simply standing up straight. People that claim you injure yourself by doing static stretches before lifting have extremely poor nervous response, that's all there is to it. Don't let them drag you down to their level of nogains, surpass them, and then rag on them with all the rage they attempted to put into you all those years. All of this will help you progress quickly and improve your natural strength in dextrous areas like the hands and feet.
>>
>>52362975
yeah it took me like a year to be at 4plate too. 3 felt pretty good but i knew i wasn't that strong to be able to do it. i'm stronger now but still don't consider myself to be a strong lifter. 405 is a nice number though
>>
>>52363461
This. These numbers make you way stronger than the average man who doesn't lift and it's easy as fuck to get that far
>>
>>52360484
I deadlift over 3 plates but I bet I could maybe do 1 pull up, I've never tried :(
>>
I've never seen anyone do even 2pl8. Hell max I've seen is probably 1.5 and they always use a belt and straps/gloves. I'm the only one who squats and DLs over 2pl8.
>>
>>52365945
Ah holy fuck. Not that anon but was assuming it was X times bodyweight instead of pl8s. This looks a lot more attainable now lmao.
>>
>>52370205
Bodyweight is a better goal to aim for. 1/1.5/2/3 for bodyweight is a safe set of numbers. If you're lean, you'd be an absolute animal at those numbers.
>>
kek at this thread.

i think the angry powerlifting hater is pretty based desu
>>
>>52366320
cant argue with that
>>
>>52369127
Literal autism
>>
>>52360511
That is a legendary image
>>
>>52360402
I can do 3x5 315 but it's painful to use hook grip
I used to use athletic tape but that cost too much money so now I'm just trying to build up the callus. Any advice?
>>
>>52369988
Do not disrespect me.
>>
>>52371034
Slap sand.
>>
>>52369208
Yeah I’m lower than 15 I win.
>>
>>52371140
God tier advice.
>>52371034
You can buy a 100lb bag of 30 grade sandblasting sand at HD for 12$. Rinse that shit with water in a bucket a few times to get rid of the dust and pour that shit on some burlap. Slappin bag.
>>
It’s rare at my F100 work gym if you can fathom that coke fueled environment. I could 4pl low rep, but really why bother? I get a much better workout doing 3x10@2pl while completely dodging all the joint pain associated with lifting heavy at 30+
>at some point you just get too old to care about the weight on the bar
>>
Wtf bruh I deadlifted 4 plate my first try, bruh..any one struggling with 4 plates must not know what they are doing
>>
Shit..I suck at this...just about to complete my second year and I can only DL 300 for reps..just got to 1 plate with my OHP...still feels heavy as fuck on the last set though..
>>
>>52368529
>muh military

based Americans
>>
literally less than 1% of men will at any point in their lives complete a 3 plate deadlift, so fuck off if you're saying that it isn't impressive
>>
>>52364694
Similar, working out for two months now, 135kg dl two days ago except I'm 5'10 and 63.5kg
>>
>>52372038
wow, big, strong boy!
>>
>>52365895
I weigh 84 kilos at 6 foot.
>>
>>52370139
Lose weight.
>>
>>52360869
Based and non e-statted post
>>
Wtf? Everyone in this thread is weak as shit honestly. I did 1/2/3/4 within a month of starting. If it took you even 3 months you didn’t try hard enough.
>>
I deadlifted 4plate and still all y'all assbitches called me dyel :(
>>
File: 1567322573555.jpg (63 KB, 500x411)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>52360402
3 plates is strong to normal people. to most anyone that trains hard and has been lifting for a few years, its just a warm up. normies will get to 3 plates and think they accomplished something special and just spend the rest of their time there afraid to move up
>>
File: 1565514133737.jpg (834 KB, 1000x2500)
834 KB
834 KB JPG
>>52360511
pic semi related
>>
>>52369992
Thanks for the advice man, really appreciate it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.