[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: peakperformance.jpg (68 KB, 900x600)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
Does this provide any fitness benefit or is it entirely bad for you?
>>
>>52355105
you will be a good goy for fucking your boy up for them
>>
>>52355105
It's good if you only hike or do walks with weights.
Running with weights will fuck your joints up.
>>
>>52355105
Nah man the risk for reward isnt worth and will screw your body up.
>>
>>52355146
I just did a 12 mile on one of the harder courses and my body is entirely fucked up. Is there any chance I made some gains or was it all just detrimental to my body?
>>
If you're going to be rucking in the near future, best begin doing it at some point.
>>
>>52355174

better than vaping
>>
>>52355105
You will absolutely make gains
You will gain slipped disk, and many back pains
>>
Im currently in the military and after 5 years finally sucked it up and decided to go to medical for the constant physical pain i am ALWAYS in (not exaggerating there is never a time i am not hurting)
im sure hiking for miles with 90+ pounds on my back is a strong contributor to this
>>
>>52355948
Kek
>>
>>52355973

I call bullshit. how often you do ruck marches?. How many miles at a time?. Be specific. Medical will want to know this shit too. Don't give me no twice a week ten mile shit.
>>
>>52355105
you'll get alot better at rucking. RIP to your knees/back/shoulders/hips/ankles/etc
>>
>>52355973
Imagine how bad the men of ancient military forces had it once they were old and retired. Or did they not carry as much as a modern soldier? Smoothbore-era soldiers had a decently sized pack, heavy coats, and hard boots all made of natural materials. Antiquity armies were more barebones but had metal armor. Medieval knights had a small baggage train and mass infantry didn't have that much shit.
>>
>>52355105
doing anything with a ruck on is only good for fucking your knees and back
>>
>>52356017
I highly doubt they carried everything on their backs. People back then were smarter, they used mule carts, and other means for transporting equipment.
>>
>>52356000
Im not greenside any more so not any time recently
As often as everyone else did it, so at least once a month in full gear. What exactly do you think Im bullshitting? The pain? What do I have to gain by making that up on 4chan?
>>52356017
thank god we live in a time where we can get treatment for our fatigue and injuries
>>
>>52356069

>As often as everyone else did it

I barely ever did it. I wasn't infantry though. I was a bradley rider so we were like mechanized infantry. Answer the damn question man. Give me a number. Depending on what base you went to also you may not have seen any hills. You really got it easy if you did it on flat road. How many of these years did you do this shit for?. Even when you changed units?. How long was the march?. 90 pounds of gear ain't too much. We had to basically carry that shit around at all time in Iraq between our rifle, six loaded magazines, armor plates and clothes/elbowpads,kneepads, kevlar. I don't think you're making it up for attention on 4chan. I think maybe you're convinced yourself that exaggerating and lying by NOT telling the facts makes your story true.
>>
>>52355105
it makes you better at rucking, but other than that it destroys your body fairly quickly when you start rucking with real weight and not bitch ass crossfit 45lbs and a water bottle
>t.grunt
>>
>>52355105
Anything the military does is dumb. They are training you to overcome hardships and possible die. Not to actually be better at anything. It's all mental training. While this could apply to daily life, as it should if you're a man, the physical aspect is garbage. Was an airborne sapper for four years.
>>
>>52356017
well the classic case people point to as the ultimate heavy infantry on the march were the Romans, but even they had dedicated slaves and mules, 1 per every contubernium, which was 8 soldiers. so, they would carry a fair amount, but not as much as the meme would suggest, legionaries were not crushing 20ks with 150lbs on their back on the weekly. I think the main problem with current military thinking isn't so much the weight, although it is too much, but the pace. A ruck march is not a slow trudge with gear or even a normal walking speed, rucking is walking as fast as you possibly can, for hours and hours at a time, no matter the obstacle
>>
>>52356122
>I wasn't infantry though
shut up POG lmao stop coping, im a grunt and we ruck 10ks on atleast a monthly basis. my average field op in a sniper platoon I ruck atleast 5k insert and exfil with around 100 to 120lbs on my back depending on weather and how much water I have to take. stop being such a chode
>>
>>52356179

are you the bitchy liar? or you some other lying sack of shit?. Just want to be clear what I say.

fuck off with your synthetic benchmark bullshit. Go to Iraq for a year (if you don't go awol, or start shooting up heroine trying to get discharged to get out) and see if you can hang with the real hard shit.
>>
>>52355174
I do about a 6mile hick with 15-20% of my body weight added to my pack every other day. It helps if you get some time on a stair machine after lifting I’ve noticed. I need to invest in a weighted vest because the pack I use isn’t doing favors for my upper back. All in all I’ve had good results for cardio and muscle mass. I’ve been doing it to help cut weight and get my body fat %down. I would recommend but I wouldn’t try running with that much weight. Too much stress on joints.
>>
>>52355105
If your tryna be the highest on the OML and get that jumpy boi, rangey boi, or combat scooby slot boi. I have to because these frail officers do enough of making sure they go there way but theres nothng they can do when u dominate them on that and the PT test
>>
>>52355105
Literally the dumbest thing you can do for fitness. I ain't trying to be the best at rucking.
>>
y'all niggas ever heard of the manchu mile? https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2015/05/19/2-9-infantry-to-conduct-last-manchu-mile-march-in-korea/.

I did my year in Korea but wasn't crazy or strong enough to do this shit, but knew a guy that did it twice in my unit.
>>
>>52356017
They marched with less weight. A lot less weight.
>>
>>52356167
>soldiers are literally treated like human cattle

At least you get good retirement after 20 years :D
>>
>>52355105
its a really fast way to fuck up your ankles and back

don't do it
>>
>>52355134
>couldnt make it into the military
>proceed to call everyone a goy to cope
>>
>>52356179
Shut up pig. Go carry the saw.
>>
>>52356069
>What do I have to gain by making that up on 4chan?

I see today is your first day here
>>
>>52356000
stop larping as military, trumper
>>
There's no reason if you aren't planning for military service or do backpacking/mountain climbing. It *will* fuck up your joints if you go past 40-60lbs for extended use.
>>
>>52357308
Military is what people do when they can’t make it in the real world lmao, just like lacrosse players who always say “couldn’t make the team huh? Better luck next year.” When anyone criticizes it, when lacrosse is literally the most entry level sport much like soccer
>>
>fuck up your knees and ankles beyond recognizability
yeah great for you, anon
do a 5mi ruck every morning
>>
>>52356209
>claiming authority on an anime forum for having uncle sams fist up your ass
you won, anon, congrats
>>
>>52356179
Fuck off pog, stop lying. Get back to the motorpool and fix my track
>>
>>52355105
Endurance exercise makes you better at endurance exercise. It doesn't really have any benefits beyond that like resistance training does.

Not only that but endurance is specific to particular movement patterns. If you take an elite hiker who doesn't ride a bike and put them on a bike they will have less endurance than mediocre cyclists.
>>
>>52355105
You get to enjoy VA benefits for giving away your knees.
>>
Its fucking terrible for your joints and feet. Where I was stationed they made it mandatory every week as well and you had to do 12 miles every quarter. Somehow people were shocked when I got out and didn't re-enlist fuck that shit.
>>
>>52355105
God those lose straps... they make me angry. I fucking hate softskills.
>>
If you don't do preheb work as a soldier then you're a beta that deserves chronic pain.
>>
It’s good for one thing, rucking
>>
>>52355174
You got better at doing a 12 mile with shit on your back.

That's it.
>>
>>52357716
t. couldnt make the team
>>
>>52355174
You're a retard and you're damaging your body for next to no gains
>>
bad psoture and fucked joints is a risk.
>>
>>52356179
post blue cord.
>>
>>52356179
why do murkan grunts always abbreviate fucking everything, WDMGAAFE
>>
>>52355105
just walk as fast as you can for 20 miles instead
>>
Rucking is fucking awful. It’s debilitating exercise that only trains mental toughness.
The problem is most militaries don’t train for strength, rather only cardio and other group based PT. This is hilarious as they expect people to be able to carry heavy loads with dogshit shit packs without any background in strength at all.
It gets even funnier considering they are pushing women into combat roles only to have them go down with stress fractures in the legs. No lead up training of squats or deadlifts to get the required musculature or bone density, just go for a run and do some situps and burpees.
If you want to do something similar thats actually positive get a good civilian pack and go hiking, climbing , canyoning or some other outdoor activity.
>>
>>52358723
>12 miles every quarter
Nigga we did 12 miles every Wednesday with a full weapons draw. Light infantry is just a meat grinder.
>>
>>52356069
Shut up boot
>>
>>52359270
Longer words cause memory overrun.
>>
>>52355105
Ask an old infantry man what rucking does to the body.
>>
>>52356179
>10ks on a monthly basis
>infantry

uhh ur unit sucks balls
>>
I once went hiking with ~20kg/45lbs backpack and I am never gonna do this again. Walked 23km and totally fucked up my hips and knees so I can imagine that rucking is even more shitty.
>>
>>52355105
I got some sweet ass gains from rucking, but it hurt way too god damn much for me to ever do it without the government forcing me to.
I'm all good now though. I don't know what everybody's on about with all this talk of it fucking you up. They probably break easy because they've never done squats and deadlifts.
>>
Had to do the 70km marsh in Finnish military in 2012, at one point the pain in my shoulders was so brutal I could not get my gear off myself, lol
Full combat gear helmet weapon etc, and a huge backpack full of crap like coats, clothes etc. Only for the extra weight as I didn't use any of that during the walking. + Had to carry these 30-40L water containers and land mines between some checkpoints
>>
>>52357716
That *is* the real world, you're the one that took the blue pill and live in a fairy tale.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1518058158361.jpg (30 KB, 480x632)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>52355105
>6 years of being good goy zog bot in a light infantry battalion.
>literally all my joints are fucked, seriously considering flying to panama to get stem cell therapy so i dont feel like 60yo boomer anymore
>got a pretty comfy payout tho so i can live the premium NEET life i always dreamed of
so no, dont do this autistic shit.
>>
>>52355105

it only makes you better at rucking

but the people here are probably subject to retard tire strategies for rucking

you don't TRAIN rucking with weight heavier than 45-50 lbs area, definitely not around 80-90, if you're doing an event with it then that's fine, or going on missions is fine too, training is the idea that you are doing it regularly 2-3 times a week for months at a time, missions or events will only be intense for a small period, and missions will vary in how much weight you pack

you should also not ruck on roads, or any hard surface for that matter as that will only serve to hurt your joints

ideally, if you are thinking about rucking, you should work on dirt roads or cross-country areas with weights not to exceed 50 lbs, there is also really no need to train for anything above 6 miles, if you can keep around 10 minute mile pace for 6 miles, you will be better than most people, and this will carry over into 12 milers, which may or may not be in formation

the usage is almost entirely for the military, which has higher standards for rucking depending on the unit you are trying to go to, but it has more usage for SOF stuff, which will have you doing aforementioned events and missions, which you just need to train for using said aforementioned techniques of doing it on dirt roads with weight not exceeding 50 lbs with an ideal pace of sub 10 minute miles for distances not to exceed 6 miles

you also need to avoid ruck-running, this is the worst thing, the whole point of a ruck is that you are keeping a good pace, pace is the thing you need to work on

make sure you also do proper hip stretching and leg stretching before this

if you are a civilian the only use for rucking is in a bug-out scenario where you foresee yourself moving across bad terrain and you need to carry your stuff and your weapon

cont.
>>
>>52361800

there is no real excuse for getting 'fucked up' while doing this provided you are training by yourself and following this advice, but given that the military attracts mentally retarded children who are then put into positions of power, you are essentially subjected to public school type of situation where the idea is to push through the group as a whole with as many people passing, and no fucks are given to long term consequences or individual soldiers' progress (contrary to outsider belief, keep this in mind if you are considering joining that no fucks will ever be given to your personal progress by your leadership)

my advice for this type of situation is to just check the block and move on, training on your own time is the only way to improve my friends, good luck
>>
>>52356017
cold-weapon era warriors generally relied on formation and a lot of preperation, and weren't required to be as quick on their feet as modern day soldiers. so they almost always had carts and shit to carry things for them. they probably had a small pack filled with some personal effects, but not much more
>>
>>52356017

>Smoothbore-era soldiers had a decently sized pack, heavy coats, and hard boots all made of natural materials

they didn't carry as much, especially in the case of riflemen in the napoleonic wars

the weight that we carry now exceeds the weight carried in vietnam, when we factor into things like special equipment like the Javelin system we really get into how shit our lives are compared to prior armies
>>
>>52355105
It's good cardio and trains you're body to carry weigh for a distance. If you aren't running, it won't be too harmful. If you ever go hiking, you will need to carry gear, so that has a direct carry-over.
>>
>>52361602
My MMA coach got the stem cell therapy for his knees. Said it was expensive and took a few months to heal, but it did him a world of good.
>>
>>52355141
Thread
>>
>>52355105
Fuck female officers. When my ruck looks like that l get my ass chewed or smoked but she gets some dumbass photo taken. Im so glad l got out.
>>
>>52356017
The real question is how fast did they have to carry that shit?
>>
>>52361955
thats good to hear about your coach anon, from what ive read its $10k USD but more than worth it fixes my glass ankles and fucked legs desu.
>>
>>52356122
Holy fuck POGs are faggots.
>>
>>52355105
enitrely bad for you. the only reason military guys do it is cause it gives an army a tactical adv to move heavy kit over long distances without the use of MT. It will fuck you up in the short term if youre unlucky, and long term if you're lucky..
>>
>>52357308
>Can't make it into something everybody gets into because the jews are always accepting willing slaves
Huh?
>>
>>52361882
i dont know if anyone else unit was autistic enough to try and impliment a "light mortar" platoon but that was possibly the most intense thing ive ever experienced rucking 100lb of shit plus an 81 tube over endless miles during a 5 week ex was fucking pure tourment. if your wondering how we carried the rounds every other swinging dick in the battalion had to carry 2 bombs and hump through our pos and drop them off if they needed us to do fire mission lmoa. so happy im out.
>>
>>52364032
>uses muh jews to cope for the fact that he isn't masculine

yikes senpai
>>
>>52356179
>>52360854
Was just gonna say, that’s fucking traaaaash if true. The way this read I’m more inclined to believe it’s a troll
>>
>>52359095
We don’t even have lacrosse where I’m from but every person makes fun of it

lacrosse is to skinny white rich boys what soccer is to skinny Mexican fuck boys

>>52361185
>the real world is fighting for Israel not pursing your own ambitions

Lol good little goy I pay your salary
>>
>>52356122
>POG ever opening his mouth about rucks
>"we were like infantry but" - every POG ever
Fucking shut up, christ
>>
>>52355105
I have killer stamina, running 5 min miles, but my first ruck was brutal. After 6 years of service my shoulders are my favorite part of my body. Even after I got out my shoulders are awesome. I do miss those 12 mile rucks and finishing before everyone else, eating wendy's, then passing out waiting for the last man to finish.
>>
>>52355134
>not wanting to go kill muslims and niggers for free
>making it
pick one
>>
File: 1559435758263.jpg (217 KB, 960x720)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>52355105
>females rucking
anyone who's been in the army/marines knows this is bullshit
>>
>>52356000
Not him but we do at least a 6 mile every week, and a 12 mile every month or so. Definitely been feeling it this last year. Infantry life will absolutely tear your body apart, we're just not built to move at the speeds required of us with the weight we carry on foot without any negative effect.
>>
>>52365166
>Jews hate Muslims more than whites
>want whites to risk their lives to kill their mortal enemy
>be so brainwashed by Jews you think killing people in desert huts protects midwestern families in any way shape or form

How stupid are you?
>>
>>52355105
Rucking is fucking useless. I did that for a little less than a week for training in the military. It hurts your back when you wear it constantly
>>
>>52365284
>It hurts your back when you wear it constantly
a lot of the weight should be seated at your hips. you're not wearing the pack correctly
>>
>>52355948
Those are technically gains
>>
>>52365293
a lot of the weight should be seated at your hips

almost every infantry unit will haze you to death if you wear the wait belt. Plus, it gets in the way of your TAPS pouches and other equipment mounted to your IOTV. Your best bet is to learn how to pack well and to crank your shoulder straps down to the point where your arms are going numb, but your back and knees will get busted up regardless
>>
>>52365338
>almost every infantry unit will haze you to death if you wear the wait belt
they never hazed me. whenever anyone gave me shit about it i just told them they're retarded for not wearing it

>Plus, it gets in the way of your TAPS pouches and other equipment mounted to your IOTV
it didn't for me. our psg had us run bounding drills in full kit to show us how shit should be work correctly. granted, this was without the ruck but we never had issues with the lap belts. they're there for a reason and if you don't use them you're a retard nigger
>>
>>52365377
>work
worn*
>>
>>52365377
What unit are/you with? I'd fucking love to be in it. Every unit I've gotten to, my lap belt is immediately tucked behind the frame and buckled out of the way. I've seen a few new guys come in and try to wear them which immediately earns them a rousing spot of corrective action.
>>
>>52365435
i was in 4bde 1id 2-16 infantry light infantry before i got out . i just did my 4 and got the fuck out of that bullshit. at least i got a deployment in before i left. some guys with rocks in their heads thought it was hard to not wear the lap belt but i just laughed to myself about it and let go like water off a duck's back.

my recruiter told me i'd hate infantry since i got a 99th percentile on the ASVAB but i wanted to play soldier and be a cool infantry crunchy. what a mistake that was, they're all complete fucking morons and i couldn't relate to any of them on a personal level. i'm not saying i'm a genius but jesus fuck they're idiots

>if i'm in pain that means i'm harder than you!
morons.
>>
File: 1478950480806.png (164 KB, 409x325)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
>>52356122
>I was a bradley rider so we were like mechanized infantry.

People who say shit like this are the reason we have such a disdain for POGs. We have a shitty fucking miserable job, you chose a more cushy job, there's nothing wrong with that, so stop trying so hard to act like us.
>>
>>52365491
>hard to act like us
there's nothing hard about moaning to yourself how much marching 12 miles while staring at the ground simply because you have to do it. you must be new to the military, because you grow out of that mindset in a few years
>>
If you run:
Terrible for knees but good for everything else
If you walk or hike:
Good overall assuming you've got strong legs and your knees don't get ruined
>>
>>52365479
Imagine being in 2-16 and not 1-28.
>>
>>52365198
I'm all for women doing the same shit as men, but they've got to carry their own weight. this looks like some quality equestrian feces right here
>>
>>52365509
It's not very hard at all, you're correct. It's also not very hard to refrain from tacking on a "we were basically infantry" at the end of a story about your MOS. The way half of you guys talk about it, you'd think you all desperately wanted to prove yourself as "one of the boys" when it comes to grunts
>>
>>52365599
rangers > black lions

just kidding. they're both gay faggot units for fags
>>
>>52365614
>The way half of you guys talk about it, you'd think you all desperately wanted to prove yourself as "one of the boys" when it comes to grunts
i was infantry, lad. nobody gives a fuck that we had to walk around and sleep outside more than other mos's. you grow out of that quick
>>
>>52356015
>>52356025
>>52355146
>>52355134
>>52356400
>>52356954
>>52358715

Haha you jokers are absolutely deluded. Rucking is a top notch mass building workout if you do it properly. I crushed a lumbar vertebrae falling off a roof in high school and lived with excruciating back pain for half a decade after. Now that I've been rucking 3 miles every other day with 50 lbs for the last 6 months, my pain has finally subsided and im gaining muscle faster than when I just lifted

Rucking with weight situated high on your back, using a properly strapped pack is a very good training tool for both cardiovascular conditioning and strength. My traps and glutes are responding really well to it, and I now get compliments on my butt a lot from friends and girls I know. My neck has also gain some width and my core is stronger than ever. My knees are just peachy. I'm also a guy who never could squat or deadlift without awful pain from the aforementioned vertebral injury.
>>
>>52365704
Okay, that's great. Now go out for 12 miles with the same weight, a 6lb stick in your hand, 30 pounds of weight in a vest, and with a time standard of under 3 hours. Do that twice a month or even better, once a week. You will destroy your body.
>>
>>52365616
Black Lions were way bigger faggots senpai. So jelly of those aesthetic PTs.
>>
>>52365752
>6lb stick in your hand,
M4 is about 9 pounds. 249 about 19, 240 about 30. thank fuck i almost never had to go on marches/patrols as an AG though. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that
>>
>>52365752
also, you're forgetting
>in full uniform, so no shorts/t-shirt
>wearing standard issue boots LMAO
>wearing an ACH
>also wearing your silkies for some retarded reason because your faggot CSM is afraid of weather under 50 degrees F
>>
>>52365752
But why would I want to destroy my joints? I'm not in the army. I just use rucking as another training tool. You wouldn't do 20 sets of weighted dips in one hour would you? Or 200 reps of behind the neck lat pulldowns? Both would destroy your shoulder joints quite effectively.

I know quite a few infantry guys, and a handful of sf personnel so I understand the point you are making. But rucking is not the joint destroyer, signing a military contract is.
>>
File: e42.png (200 KB, 356x256)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
>>52365783
>tfw got designated as a 249 gunner when I first hit my unit and they eventually shuffled me to a weapons squad and "promoted" me to a 240 gunner after I proved I wasn't a huge retard
>>
>>52365888
the US military are experts at punishing competency. never EVER let anybody know that you can use a computer for anything besides porn or else you'll quickly be working for your ops sgt making powerpoints, updating outdated excel trackers, and sending email all day every day
>>
>>52365904
To be fair I really fucking love shooting the 240. Carrying it around everywhere all the goddamn time and upwards of 800 rounds of ammo in my assault pack in addition to food, water, and other SI is what makes me want to swan dive off of a 12 story building
>>
>>52365933
>and upwards of 800 rounds of ammo in my assault pack
nigger where is your AG?
>>
>>52365939
carrying around 800 more and the tripod right behind me because LMAO FIRE SUPERIORITY WINS ENGAGEMENTS, MEN

In actuality I was only really supposed to be rocking 3-400 in my pack while he had 1200 or so, but I refused to be a little bitch or an asshole to my AG. I always suffer for and with my boys
>>
>>52364639
>being in the military makes you masculine

They literally have women and gays in the military, cope harder
>>
File: 1473095509236.jpg (110 KB, 2000x1028)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>52365805
>that one kid who saw me wearing the super light oakley boots on a ruck and tried doing it himself, and ended up tripping and snapping his ankle clean the fuck in half

that was a fun powerpoint to sit through. Safety briefing on fucking proper footwear selection.
>>
>>52364689
>>52360854
both of ya'll are lying cunts if you're claiming your unit was crushing more than 10k full kit marches monthly lol i've seen you army fucks you're all fat turds with beer bellies that lay your rifles in the dirt and wear your uniforms to mcdonalds
>>
>>52366019
Back in the ball pit, crayon eater
>>
>>52365888
Carrying the 240 all over Afghanistan still makes my knees ache.
>>
>>52361800
>if you can keep around 10 minute mile pace for 6 miles

If you are doing 10 minute miles at 45 lbs plus water, you are better than most people in the fucking Army.

15 min miles is minimum standard.

13 min miles is considered acceptable.

Sub 12s are good

Sub 11s are phenomenal.
>>
>>52365991
>women
Not in the regular infantry dum dum
>gays
Never seen a ripped gay dude?

Go dial8 moshe. The us military goy meme was started by mossad to weaken the the country.
>>
File: big guy.png (794 KB, 569x802)
794 KB
794 KB PNG
>>52356355
>taking pride in physically dominating officers in skills you've been practicing far longer than a butter bar straight out of basket weaving school
>>
>>52355105
you WILL fuck up your knees and back.
it isn't a matter of if, it is a matter of when.
>>
>>52365166
>doesn't realize he will be fighting on team nigger
anon...
>>
>>52366939
It's all we have on them. They're in charge of us, they make more money than us, and they live a better quality of life than us.
>>
Rucking in the military is piss easy unless you're a manlet
>tfw 6'5"
>Always work my way to the front to set the pace
>>
File: 1485213568369.gif (48 KB, 512x512)
48 KB
48 KB GIF
>>52367942
>mfw all the manlets get asshurt because they're basically jogging while it feels like I'm taking a leisurely stroll
>probably would be the first target in an ambush tho cause I'm so tall
>>
File: 1560992400123.jpg (58 KB, 565x542)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>52355948
Kek
>>
>>52366911
yeah just the "elite infantry", the Rangers, kek
>>
File: 1553637481093.jpg (1.37 MB, 1860x1880)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB JPG
>>52366911
lmao nigger you are dumb as fuck. roasties are in infantry and ranger school now TOP cuck
>>
File: 1548887373823.jpg (3.27 MB, 3056x3483)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB JPG
>>52366911
>>52368910
>>
>>52365704
See, imagine your current body except 2x as strong and 3x as good looking. That's what you'd have if you just went to the gym and lifted instead of pretending to be in the military
>>
>>52365166
mass murdering sand niggers is based as shit
>>
>>52355105
I walk on average 8-12 miles 5 days per week in Florida with a backpack filled with pesticides that weighs between 25-50lbs. This is my full time job. Am I fucked? I know I burn a lot of calories because I can essentially eat whatever I want whenever I want. Still 157lb dyel though.
>>
File: ED-c2XPW4AAw4k8.png (413 KB, 640x317)
413 KB
413 KB PNG
>>52355105
Yes, I do a lot of rucking myself. I also run, perform back squats, and do upright rows. For some reason I feel a lot of pain in my back, but I don't think it's related
>>
>>52365491

nigga, maintaining the bradley is harder than just maintaining guns and shit. You think the hydraulics on that ramp don't ever stop working. Take you and your other five strongest guys to lift that bitch up. Think those motherfuckers have a/c like humvees?. Think again faggot. Think breaking track on your down time is easy?. nope. You think checking the oil and engine shit right after patrol after that fucker's been running and it's running hot as a motherfucker in 110 degree weather is a cake walk?. you have no idea faggot.
>>
>>52365270

Where at? what base?. Flat road?. how long it take you?. how long you been doing this for?. Where'd you go to basic (if military).
>>
>>52369665
went to OSUT (basic+AIT) at fort benning

Current base is fort Myer, was at Drum beforehand. The roads are decidedly not flat in either location.

I can usually knock out a 6 mile in about 1hr 5 minutes. 12 Mile takes me about 2hrs 45mins nowadays, give or take. Been doing this shit only for 5 years.

>>52369556
>cav
stinky hat
>>
>>52369714
I forgot to mention that the ruck routes we use at fort myer are less hilly than the ones at drum unless we go to AP hill to do some stupid field bullshit. Usually we just do a loop through DC or the surrounding area.
>>
>>52369714

and how much weight, you say you're carrying during those marches?.

I went to Fort Knox for basic (read they closed it though a while back). Only real road marches i ever done were there in basic but they were hard as fuck for me.
>>
>>52369773
Standard is 35 pound ruck, full combat load (TAPS, ACH, Uniform, sometimes IOTV w/plates, weapon, 6+1 magazines)

Happily the 6 milers we do for weekly PT we just wear the PT uniform with boots and the ruck with no weapon.
>>
>>52369802

oh ok. I don't remember what ours weighed when I went to basic but felt like a lot more than that. Felt like at least fifty. I couldn't have been that weak. Shit was so heavy needed to lay the shit on top of something and then back into it to get it on my shoulders. That was for the final 12k march, the longest we ever did. We went down a hill and then up a hill between all that shit. Not sure if you ever heard about the misery, agony, and heartbreak hills at Fort Knox. We all heard about them and were scared. Went down agony and up misery or the other way around. with thirty five pounds I can believe it. Everytime I hear someone talk about a roach march I assume they're talking like a 50-75 pound load.
>>
>>52369839
We had the "stairway to heaven" at fort benning, it was on the final leg of the 12 mile ruck march into honor hill the night we finished infantry training. 3/4ths of a mile of a nearly vertical climb. At least, that's how it felt. I remember being really proud of myself for finishing all of that, but nowadays I find it hard to remember much about training over there. It felt so important to me back then, nowadays it doesn't really feel like it's impacted me too much.
>>
>>52369917

Was your basic training all male?. Fort Knox was. I'm pretty sure it made it harder. I ran into so many people that if asked the question "what part of your military service would you do over?", they'd answer with basic training. Me and every dude I know that went to the same basic training would be like, fuck that.
>>
>>52369943
Yes, all male. They do have females integrated into infantry OSUT now but few make it and the ones that do usually end up sucking once they hit their unit and are stuck in an S1 shop pretty much immediately
>>
>>52361846
>>52356049
and to anyone else who states ancient armies used.

A lot of ancient armies banned carts being used for their troops equipment in order to not have their movement bogged down by the supply train. A lot of armies, like Philips and Alexander the Great would make their troops carry everything.

According to John Keegan in "History of War" the average troop throughout history would be carrying around 40-60lbs throughout the march.
>>
>>52365198
I knew a girl that broke her hip twice from ruck marching.
I had a girl fireteam partner too and I had to carry her ruck up the stairs every fucking time.
>>
>>52355105
idk i guess it increases your endurance but it totally fucked up my back... 0/10
>>
>>52355105
its not a meme. just walk, slowly build up weight, and do it safely and youll be right

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.