[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: qtddtot.jpg (122 KB, 999x624)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
5/3/1 boring but big - yay or nay for intermediate lifting?
>>
File: unknown.png (22 KB, 1263x594)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>51985295
A freind of mine started doing this zumba-tier exercise where a rep starts with his arms straight down, he brings them quickly to shoulder height, then makes them touch above his head, then shoulder height again, and back down. All without bending the elbow.
He does this 50 times in a row for two or three sets, and his arms have indeed gotten a bit bigger in the two months he's been doing it.
The only other exercise he does is squats.

He says he doesn't want to overthink things or go too hard as a beginner as to not quit, so he made this (bodyweight?) exercise up and is happy with it.

Is this stupid or legit (for his situation)?
Does it have a name?
Which muscle groups does it engage?

Pic related.
>>
I like BBB.

But you should add some FSL or Joker Sets to your Main Lift.

Also some accessories for aesthetics wouldn´t be bad I guess.
>>
>>51987107
Looks stupid as fuck.

He should just start a beginner program, make him read the sticky
>>
>>51987190
I told him but he doesn't want to.
He sees the gains (which isn't really impressive considering he started as auschwitz mode) and gets convinced that it's good.
He says "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

You'd expect it to be completely useless, but it's clearly doing something, so maybe there's something to it that I don't understand.
>>
>>51987232
I mean, everything is better than doing nothing.

He will switch to lifting when he sees no more gains.
But I mean at least he is doing something and it doesn´t seem dangerous.
>>
>>51987248
Yeah, you're right.
I'll press him again when he plateaus.

But I'm stiln interested in this.
Like, is it like a vertical dumbbell press mixed with flys without the weight?
I assume the high rep number compensates for the lack of resistance, right?
>>
>>51985295
I've been doing it for 3/4 cycles. Made some hypertrophy gains but practically 0 strength gains. Could be that I'm on a cut which it specifically says not to do, but fucks sake they all say that and I'm 205 lbs @ 5'10
>>
Asked in last thread, didn't see the new one:

>I have to get up at 5 AM for the gym recently, and there's a crowd of about 8 middle-aged men who all work out together and shout like they own the gym. They might as well, because it's normally just me and a few girls otherwise. I'm a skinny DYEL and recently I've heard them jeering about my lifts. What recourse do I have, against these losers that can't be making more than 50,000 a year? Aside from beating the biggest one to death with a barbell. What would you do? Been ignoring them so far but it has happened two workouts in a row and I'm gonna fucking snap.

Basically, how do you deal with baboons in the weight room? They have ruined the experience the last few days.
>>
>>51988027
that's it, you just have to never go back
>>
>>51988225
Saying I'll just GET BIG and SHOW THEM is cool but that's dismissive of the reality that I could be dealing with these broke faggots for months. I'm going to do something, I just wasn't sure what's the best move because as I said I'm a DYEL with not much gym experience and a decade younger besides.
>>
This may sound retarded, but im starting to mentally feel fat while bulking, should I just brush it off and keep on gaining mass or do a month of cutting?
>>
File: 1565734330070.jpg (108 KB, 853x1280)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>51985295
it's very good, do it, don't modify
>>
>>51988027
ask them what their problem is or complain to management
>>
>>51988769
how much assistance work are you actually ssupposed to do
i do like one other thing then get out

for example i do the lift, then i do a trillion dips and leave when i cant do more sets
>>
>>51985295
Considering doing 5/3/1 Triumverate, I adjusted because I've got a fucky shoulder that I want to try and treat. Knocked out dips because shoulder pain and leg press because SS already gave me thunder quads. How does this look?

Overhead Press 5/3/1
Lateral Raise 5x10
Pull-Ups 5x10

Deadlift 5/3/1
Back Extensions 5x10
Leg Raises 5x10

Bench Press 5/3/1
DB Incline Press 5x10
Rows 5x10

Squat 5/3/1
RDL 5x10
Face Pulls 5x10
>>
i'm doing a shit ton of pushing excercises these days and my wrist hurts like hell
it's only the left wrist which has always been really weak for me, right hand is perfectly fine

how would you guys work around or fix a shitty wrist? i'm unironically considering lopping off the left hand and replacing it with curved steel or something solid.

for example dips and presses are ok at the gym but when i get home, if i bend my wrist too much (and put pressure on it) it can feel like someone is stabbing my wrist with a knife

please what do guys im afraid
>>
How effective is Keto OMAD with lifting on a PPLPPLx split?
>>
Can I get a rundown on MCT oil? My mom saw some at the store and bought me a bottle essentially sight unseen. I know it's used in bulletproof coffee, but I don't know why (nor do I drink coffee)
>>
File: 1564117589884.webm (1.22 MB, 640x640)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB WEBM
>>51989094
https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/boring-but-big-3-month-challenge

1. Heavy sets
2. BBB sets
3. One other related thing, and don't push it
>>
Does "1RM" refer to weight per side, both sides or both sides + bar?
>>
>>51989793
the full weight of the bar

think about it, do you say "oh i squat 400 pounds" and wonder if that means it's with the bar and both sides accounted for
>>
>>51989793
total weight, including the bar my dude. for a single rep
>>
>>51990056
>>51990049
Is it customary to tell the receptionist it's your max day?
>>
when I squat the upper front side of my thighs hurt real bad, like I got bad DOMS in them or something

it's actually fine when I actually do the squats, but afterwards and in between sets I can barely bend over to pick something up and I walk real funny

why is this?

also, is it stupid to ONLY do squats on leg day?
>>
>>51989166
Ive been going through the same thing. Wrist sprain that just will not heal, and aggravated it not too long ago so I took a major step back. Prevents me from doing heavy benchpress, so I just do some pushups to work chest. Those seem to work without putting much strain on the wrist.

It's just something you have to let heal and try not to do anything that is going to stress it.
>>
File: 110100.png (49 KB, 658x661)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
Are these feasible late novice numbers?
>>
>>51990141
I only do squats for leg day but then again I squat three days a week. Sometimes I'll mix in some calf work, but very sparingly.
>>
Assuming volume is equated, is training a muscle group 3x better than 2x for hypertrophy? How about for strength?
>>
>>51985295
Is it possible for someone to go from a 7 minute mile to a 6 minute mile in 3 months? Only been training seriously for maybe a month
>>
>>51989166
http://chrissalvato.com/2013/11/handstand-wrist-pain/
>>
>>51990076
only if you say "you too"
>>51990141
might be your hip flexors, try some hip flexor stretches and see if that helps
>>51990354
those are intermediate pushing advanced depending on bodyweight
>>51990690
yes
>>
>>51988286
Say to dem: lee me alon. I just wan to be lef alon.
>>
Re-asking from old thread:
I've being doing SS for around a month. My gym doesn't allow power cleans, so I plan adding rows instead. Should I do bent over rows or pendlay rows?
>>
File: 1564156369229.png (64 KB, 486x398)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
Is it better to lift 4 hours after waking up? I heard your muscles aren't woken up yet if you don't wait first.
>>
>>51990272
im doing bench tomorrow, hopefully i can keep it going but i am scared. it used to be bad when i did brosplit but now theres so many fucking reps i might get into trouble

i even bought some wraps, apparently they are crutches but i will use them in a pinch only.

>>51990729
thanks mate, will read
>>
>>51991025
Pendlay rows
>>
is it dumb to do rows on literally every day of 531
>>
>>51991025
>my gym doesn't allow power cleans
Change gyms ASAP, it'll just cause you headaches down the road
>>
>>51990690
What's your current miles and days per week?
>>
How does it hold up? Would it be suitable for a novice with hypertrophy goals?
>>
I overate by about 500 calories on a bulk. Should I lift for the second time today, do cardio, or just go extra hard on the weights tomorrow?
>>
If I'm trying to do some easy core workout how many 30-45 second planks should I do for my warmup
Also are there any other easy core workouts to do aside from planks
>>
why do I have to shit so much at work
I shit 2-3 times when I'm at work but literally do not shit at all when I'm home
My job mainly consists of sitting
How tf can I get my body to poop only when I'm home?
>>
File: IMG_20190814_210052.jpg (2.67 MB, 3120x4160)
2.67 MB
2.67 MB JPG
What body fat percentage am I? I know the old bodyfat charts help and you can measure it yourself but I'm currently on holiday and I'm stumped while trying to judge it myself...as I'm a former fatty with some body issues.

Also, should I continue cutting before Ifocus on muscle mass or should I focus on a clean bulk?

Thanks a million in advance guys
>>
File: 1425846075670.jpg (248 KB, 1087x778)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
I'm looking to buy a couple exercise bands for stretching and mobility work while at home.
Does /fit/ have any experience or recommendations for brands I should look at?
>>
>>51992156
~20 but depends on factors pics can't show.

Do more cardio, more heavy volume and eat more (without eating cheese or sugary shit)
>>
>>51991499
2x1.5 Miles
6x800
Rest
20x hill sprint
8 miles
Rest
Only been doing this specific routine for two weeks, mile time before I started was 7:05 but that was mainly from just fucking about for a month.
>>
Is there any downside to doing ab wheels (almost) daily? Will it fuck me up?
>>
Retarded question.
Is it considered rude or incorrect to fail a rep solo in a power rack?
Judging by the sticky and the catches on the rack I always thought you just pushed for it and eventually you fail a rep. Yesterday I failed one that I couldn't keep it from coming straight down on me. Did the whole awkward slide under push off thing but the Gym owner was all like "OH NO LET ME GET SOMEONE TO HELP YOU, *turns to the front* HEY COME OVER HERE AND HELP THIS GUY FAILED ON THE BENCH"

Like I'm just pushing myself out of it and said that's the entire reason for the rack. The owner just laughed and left.
>>
>>51992172
basic stretching in higher volumes along with having someone roll you out works way better than any meme shit

>>51991749
some people shit more when stressed others shit less

>>51991536
I prefer starting strength (do the full program not just the picture meme) or stronglifts.

Until you can squat your body weight or bench 75%, you need low volume but high frequency to grease the groove of all your lifts

>>51991183
Some weeks I row everyday.
If they slow your progress, obv stop

>>51991025
they work the same. I prefer bent over rows in your case because you want a full body pull.
Holding yourself close to 90 degrees and rowing is hell

>>51991033
your cns adapts to your schedule

I wake up, hit pre, shit, and lift

I made it to 3/4/5 and now I just fuck around. My drive for physical goals comes and goes. I'll probably go back to bodybuilding soon enough

>>51990567
This is a complicated question. The only real answer lies in your hormones and cardio capabilities.

Strength comes down to intensity (%of max) and frequency (<often than every 3 days) and bodybuilding comes down to maximizing volume to your body's max output.

For strength, your recoup time is determined by your body's ability to repair itself after a workout that taxes you out adequately for your body to be triggered to increase strength

I used to powerlift every 3rd day, now I'm well advanced and can't train a lift more often than every 4 days. LISS cardio helps but your diet is also an enormous factor.

When I hit 275lbs @ ~8% bf (6'4") I was training prety much everything every day- i would max and then hit some volume. Was I doing as much volume as when I was hitting everything 2x/week? no but my total volume obv increased
>>
>>51992372
>basic stretching
Any recommendations for stretches or stretching routines?
>>
>>51990141
roll out with one of those rolling-pin esque deals.

My wife rolls me out often and it keeps me 100%

>>51989699
You're killing yourself for no reason unless you're 500lbs.

Keto kills your bones and tendons

Eat normally and stop falling for memes. Adjust volume and frequency for physical goals

>>51988653
If you're training heavy often and do cardio, you'll never be more than a couple weeks from 10% bf unless you eat sugary shit and cheese
>>
>>51992372
I'm >>51992172, I've got the basic stretches down but want the bands for more obscure stuff related to sprinting workouts.
I appreciate the rec for a roller though, I do need that
>>
Bulking while cutting.
I know, retarded.
I'm 340 lbs and starting to lift.

Usual routine is:
Bench 5x10
OHP 3x10
Curl 3x10
Bike 2 miles
Hit the bag for 5 mins.
Gonna incorporate other exercises as I get used to stuff.

I'm am currently eating 1200 cals a day. On workout days I'm gonna mix one scoop into triple 0 Greek yogurt and eat 1500 cals.

Does this gain me muscle? Slow down muscle loss? Increase fat loss? Should I do anything diffirent?
>>
>>51985295
Literally perfect for cutting if you eat and rest well
>>
>>51992418
Depends on your mobility and problem areas
If you don't have any aches or tightness, you might not even need to stretch

my staples:
legs straight, hold palms against floor for 10 seconds
sit down legs wide, touch forehead to floor (or at least get close)
sit cross legged, reach out like touching toes
sit feet together, reach out like touching toes

for upper body:
arm up and bent over head, side bend
palms together behind back, lock fingers, roll towards body so they face down, hold
stretch neck without popping as necessary

My biggest problem beyond ham and back tightness is trap knots so I bend my head to the sides a lot

Stretch so you can hold the hard positions
stretch less if your lifts get weaker
T. 3/4/5
>>
>>51989108
I am a sports science degree student and desu I don't understand how the fuck do you expect to grow and gain strength doing 15 sets 4 times a week.
>>
>>51992509
>bulking
>1200kcal
No.
You are cutting. But at that size you can get alot of gains while cutting. Specially novice gains if you are new to lifting. 1200 might be a little too harsh. Try to get like 1500-1800 daily. At least until you are like 250lbs or someting.
So eat at a deficit and still workout, you will lose weight and increase in strength
>>
>>51992509
Unless you are putting your body in perfect conditions, you probably won't gain while cutting weight.

Its not too hard to recomp, but unless you're 5'2", 1200 calories isnt shit. The unspoken factor of protein synthesis is hormone levels. You generally need carbs and/or fats for the protein to be properly utilized. Most people can't process powder protein anyway because of refusal to drink water or stop eating sugary shit that occupies the liver. Electrolytes are another hard factor in the whole thing.
>>
>>51992542
eating more but you *are* on /fit/ where all the twinks are just trying to be cute for daddy
>>
>>51992559
Increase in strength or muscle?
I'm also looking to mitigate loose skin.

>>51992588
I'm 6'1. Lose 115 lbs in 6 months and change get eating around 1200.
Was looking to increase to 1500 all from protien on workout days.

I avoid sugar and carbs on principle but not strictly. And drink tons of water.
I was looking to get whey protien tomorrow to officially kick start this.
>>
>>51987107
dude that pic, make sure he doesnt start doing heavy weight with that im sure he is gonna hurt his delts.
since he is doing a shit ton of these, its affecting his delts, and like i guess forearm but all delts baby. tell ur friend is a incel and to actually workout
>>
>>51988027
just tell them to fuck off and that your are here to workout, just put in headphones in faggot
>>
>>51992668
>make sure he doesnt start doing heavy weight with that im sure he is gonna hurt his delts
What do you mean?
Wouldn't he be making them stronger with this?

>tell ur friend is a incel and to actually workout
Kek I will
>>
>>51992650
>Increase in strength or muscle?
Depends on your routine. If you are only looking to build muscle mass you still need to get enough protein while maintaining a deficit.
>I'm also looking to mitigate loose skin.
Losing weight quickly will increase in more loose skin. There's some broscience going around that dry fasts can help with loose skin but I haven't seen any source to confirm that.
>>
Graduating Novice here.

Started 5/3/1 with a combination of the 3 month BBB Challenge and regular BBB and a decent amount of accessories.

The regular 5/3/1 part only takes only about 15 minutes max.

I still do AMRAP on last set of 5/3/1.
On bench days i do 5x10 60% OHP.
On OHP days i do 5x10 60% bench.
Same for squat day 5x10 diddys
Same for deadlifts days...5x10squats

I superset the 5x10s with 5x10 rows or pullups for OHP and Bench days.

So that's kindof a mixture of the regular BBB and BBB challenge and it takes 15 minutes.

Then i basically do 30 minutes of accessories.
Curls, pushdowns, rear and side delts raises/facepulls and forearms

I'm going to do this for 2 months and reevaluate.

Thoughts?
>>
What's a decent way to add more protein to my diet if dairy fucks with my digestive system? I've heard I should be aiming for a gram of protein per pound of body weight, but a typical day of eating three meals puts me somewhere in the area of 150-60g. Currently weigh 195lbs.
>>
>>51992650
You need to maintain a balance of your macros to keep your hormones balanced. You can't just eat protein and get big. That's not how it works.

Stop trying to do the impossible. Lift while cutting, focus on weight loss, start eating real food at real volumes when you weigh 225 and increase frequency. Hormones are your best friend. Don't shit on them by leaving out vital macros.
>>
>>51992927
You're eating plenty of protein.

The body can only process .7-.8g of protein for every pound of LEAN body mass. You are right in the sweet spot for that. Increase volume or frequency to increase gains
>>
>>51992957

Cheers. Good to know I'm on the right track.
>>
>>51991627
It’s fine (only 1/7 extra of a lbs). Just go hard at the gym, man.
>>51992230
Not really. Abs are such a small muscle group, that’ll it will be really easy to recover from working them. On the other hand, this means that working abs will bring little noticeable gains from working them
>>
File: 1549409303238.jpg (28 KB, 320x320)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
Should I post fitness shit on social media like instagram? Best case scenario I get free stuff or a discount from some company, worst case scenario is ???, maybe some hate from dyels or envious people
>>
I worry I am not at the gym long enough for my A/B/A B/A/B program Greyskull arms

A:
>Bench Press 2x5 then 1x5+ until failure
>Curls 2x10
>Squats 2x5 then 1x5+ until failure
>Lat Pulldowns as an accessory
>10 minutes of cardio

B:
>OHP 2x5 then 1x5+ until failure
>Chinups 2x10
>Deadlift 1x5+ until failure
>Lat Pulldowns as an accessory
>10 minutes of cardio

I added the Lat Pulldowns and Cardio for some extra stuff to do but I still think I'm not doing enough. Any ideas? I'm alright with changing the plan but I'm kind of used to doing these lifts now.
>>
Anything wrong with doing compounds in the
3x6-10 range? Except for deadlifts of course. No meme but does
3x5 actually build muscle?
>>
Where is the guy drinking that horse protein? Is he kill?
>>
Unanswered question from last thread

How do I enter my resistance or calisthenic workouts in cronometer for an accurate calorie expenditure figure?.
For example, if I do 60 min of resistance training, roughly at 1 min per set and 1 min per rest, should I input 60 or 30 min?. I hope I'm being clear with this.
You can mire my nutrition while you're at it.
>>
Hey guys, I haven't been on /fit/ for years. What is Zyzz up to these days? Is Chestbrah still a faggot?
>>
File: surprise faggot.png (226 KB, 426x392)
226 KB
226 KB PNG
>>51993466
oh boy...
>>
>>51993549
What?
>>
File: zyzz-sauna-300x200.jpg (19 KB, 300x200)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>51993630
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aziz_Shavershian
>>
>>51993659
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aziz_Shavershian
How could it be?? Who is the face of /fit/ now?
>>
File: vegan.jpg (61 KB, 469x620)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>51993694
This guy
>>
>>51993727
Not that beta faggot.
>>
>>51993445
You just eyeball it based on how you feel (how exhausted and hungry you are), there's no such thing as accurate calorie expenditure tracking unless you're in a research lab. The estimates given by various websites and apps are based on total gym time including rest. For the great majority of normal-weight people the calorie expenditure of any type of exercise activity will be 300-800 calories per hour, where the range is from light activity to very intense cardio. Lifting is somewhere in between based on being very intense exercise with periods of prolonged rest. However squats will burn about a million times more calories than some triceps extensions, so it's all down to guesstimating and you're better off learning to listen to your body, you should have a feel on whether you're in a relative deficit or surplus.
>>
Is there any way to gain strength whilst eating at a 700 calorie deficit. I'm 5'8 192 lbs so need to lose weight, but my lifts aren't increasing. I can't increase calories until I'm at least 160 lbs.
>>
Razorburn has me fucked up. How do I fix it?
>>
File: Throat.jpg (15 KB, 300x282)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>51993762
Yes that beta faggot
>>
>>51993859
Oh god oh no. How about Camel jockey? Or was that the misc?
>>
>>51985295

I've got huge quads and tiny calves. How do I isolate the calves?
>>
>>51993873
There is nobody except him now.
Just accept it Anon. There's nothing we can do.
The only one that can MAYBE come close is John Sakars, but that's it.
>>
>>51993904
>John Sakars
omg......how about the poser jeff? Assestics crew disband I assume after zyzz death?
>>
>>51993208
Some ideas:
change curls to after lat pulldowns
chinups after deadlift
maybe some core work at the end of each workout
more sets of chinups
do lat pulldowns once a week/replace one of them with a form of row
Spend more time ensuring that you are completing a proper warmup and doing mobility drills
Make sure you are doing your warmup sets before heavier sets of bench/ohp/squat/deadlift
If you still want more then maybe add some rotator cuff exercises like face pulls or band pull aparts or bentover rear db flys
If you are stalling then reevaluate your goals and switch programs to something like PPL or an intermediate strength program or powerlifting or oly
>>51993826
if you're a beginner or really fat then it's possible, but probably difficult
>>
File: 1532213128202.jpg (97 KB, 750x856)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>51993816
Thanks bro
>>51993826
You'll mostly see body recomp depending on the amount of protein you consume. I'm doing a daily 500 kcal deficit while eating roughly 1.6g/kg protein and I'm starting to see muscle where the fat used to be.
>>51993903
Take a couple of dumbbells, hold them at your sides and start raising and lowering your body with your ankles, take it easy and slow. There's also a machine for that I think
>>
>>51993935
Jeff is still a cookie-eating faggot.
I have no idea what the crew is doing now. I assume they disbanded but I don't know.
>>
According to Symmetric Strength I am intermediate level on all lifts, yet I still look like a bitch. Why. I eat enough calories, I get enough protein.
>>
>>51994038
Fuck man. I missed a lot. I just got out of prison 2 days ago.
>>
>>51994115
What were you in for?
>>
>>51994121
Fraud.
>>
>>51994131
Greentext please.
>>
>>51994115
Were you a top or bottom in prison?
>>
>>51994139
>be me
>go to law school
>pass the bar exam
>become very successful
>get hired by a billionaire
>commit fraud for him
>discuss business with under cover fed
>get arested
>go to prison for 11 years
>>
>>51994146
I was a bottom before prison. I had a good time. Thank god for blue collar prisons.
>>
>>51994182
Damn.
If you could go back, would you do the crime again, knowing how to avoid getting caught, or would you just not do the crime and live a honest life?
>>
>>51994182
Jesus, people get less time for rape.
>>
Is there anything I can do about the farts
>>
>>51994215
Eat less greens, especially boiled ones
>>
>>51994182
Was it worth it financially before you got caught at least?
>>
I forgot to cancel my first free month of audible and got a book credit, what are some /fit/ approved books for health/lifting info?
>>
>>51992462
What should I eat then?
>>
File: 1562882150602.png (916 KB, 736x937)
916 KB
916 KB PNG
>>51992509
1. You need some leg work, beyond biking. I know big bois have bad joints, but even box squats with no weight, or a light dumbbell held by your chest, would help a lot. Legs have your biggest muscles, if you're looking to cut fat, build some calorie-consuming meat on your legs.

2. Don't go full hero mode out the gate. You will undecut your lifting, and have a much higher chance of burn out. 2500 cals w balanced macros, from healthy unprocessed food is my recommendation for first month. See where you're at, and taper down by 200 calories week by week if needed.

But if u wanna be a balls to the wall autist, no one's gonna stop you
>>
File: DmHa_9SU4AA0Ajh.png (1.54 MB, 1200x1174)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB PNG
skinnyfat here. been dieting for a month and lost a few pounds, currently at 17.5% bf. i hear conflicting advice on what to do next. some say skinnyfats need to start eating at maintenance/surplus and lift immediately, others say to get to at least 14-15% bf before anything else. what do?
>>
>>51994379
Hell yea, but I was young and dumb.

>>51994206
I wouldn't, I don't want to waste anymore of my life behind bars.
>>
Fucked up my last rep while squatting. On the way up I pushed with my toes, heels went flying.
Since then my knees fucking hurt. When should I start to worry?
>>
I've been doing SL for two and a half weeks now, except I do it 5 times a week instead of 3. All day today my hip and upper buttcheek have been hurting. Did I fuck something up or is this normal pain from lifting?
>>
>>51994615
No man should ever be above 12% bodyfat.
Also stop thinking in terms of "skinnyfat", it's a nonsense term. If you have unsightly excess fat on your bum, tummy or moobies you are simply fat from the standard of looking lean.
And of course you should be lifting, you will build muscle at a deficit.
>>
>>51994615
Assuming your still within your newb gains, I'd do a modest bulk w healthy foods. Start cutting in Feb, get down to <15% by May just in time for summer
>>
>>51994731
i just use skinnyfat as shorthand to say im weak as fuck skelly with excess fat. as for building muscle at a deficit, should i increase my protein ratio relative to my other macros? right now i am doing basically 33%/33%/33% for carbs fats and protein. should i increase protein and lower another?
>>51994758
i got no gains to very few gains, i dont even have a routine down, just do pushups and dumbbell variations
>>
>>51985295
I think it's good if you just want to stop worrying about hitting numbers quickly and just "work out." It's got ramping sets so it's not a grinder, 4 day to appease that mental requirement for you to spend more time in the gym and it's simple to do. It won't raise your cumulative fatigue as much (his no plateaus claims) but I think you can get stronger faster, at least as an early intermediate, on something else. Rep PRs just don't do it for me.

>>51987177
BBB IS first set last, FSL is something you add to a variant that doesn't have a "after your main work, do X sets of Y for Z%." It's already got a shit ton of accessories too (25-50 total reps of push/pull + 0-50 reps legs/core every workout.) Joker sets sure, add those on a good day.

>>51988653
If you're bulking at the level a TDEE claculator told you, at any time you should be able to see your abs again with a few weeks of keto and/or intermittent fasting.

>>51990567
For hypertrophy, generally the studies show that 2x better than 1x, but 3x is not much better than 2x. People on drugs build muscle longer so for a natty to train 1x a week he's sitting around with no gains for around 4-5 days. I have no clue about Bulgarian "squat every day" methods. No clue about strength, that comes down to mostly managing your fatigue.

>>51991183
It's in the book. Every single variant besides the time limited ones tells you to do X number of push/pulls/leg+core accessories every workout. Dumbell rows will be fine, pendlay probably not.

>>51991536
You're not taking advantage of rapid training adaptation with an upper/lower. GSLP, SS or SL stop trying to find the secret routine that makes you look like Arnold in 4 weeks while benching 65lbs. Plus it has that usual "fuck with all these variants for no reason" when you should just be getting the lifts that carry over to everything up as fast as possible.
>>
Do any of you have a good ab routine I could do? Moving to uni soon and planning to do abs with weights a few times a week instead of just pushing a barbell. Just looking for pure ab routine I could do while holding a weight
>>
>>51993694
Kyriakos Grizzly, the bloatlord
>>
>>51994552
My bench has an extension for leg exercises.
I'm not sure what it's called. But you put plates on the pole and just spring up on the padding and let come down slowly, repeat. Will this suffice for full leg work out?

I've dropped 115 lbs since feb eating 1200 a day. (Give or take) with high protien. I've trained myself to feel guilty going over 2000. Could I do my normal 1200 diet and then on workout days add 600 cals of mostly protien (whey/Greek yogurt mix)?
>>
>>51992927
That's a good amount, eat fatty ground beef/pork if you need more calories with your protein.

>>51993208
You need some backwork that you actually train hard. Rows on B after your deadlift (the bar is right in front of you) and Chin-ups on A. 3x5, 3x8 whatever makes your penis feel good. Chins/rows do your biceps so you're fine as a novice leaving it at that. You can fit in a easy push and pull accessory for around 2-3x15 if you want and/or do cardio. Getting a workout done quickly is actually a good thing for your fatigue and cortisol levels, more advanced people stay longer because they need to in order to induce adaptation. You don't need conditioning because your submaximal strength is so low, training conditioning is like carrying books around, it's a waste of time.

>>51993413
No you totally gain strength without putting a gram of muscle on. But once you add that extra rep? You'll look like Arnold.
>>
Assuming TDEE is 2100 while lifting heavy for my DYEL fatass, what happens if I do this every now and then?

>Eat 700 - 1000 calories a day Mon - Sat
>Eat 3000 - 4000 Sunday
>Still around 4700 - 5000 weekly deficit
>>
Thoughts on candito's strength/hypertrophy template? Anyone make any decent gains?
>>
File: 1565626143942.png (535 KB, 602x599)
535 KB
535 KB PNG
I've been getting super weak in the legs when I do heavy bench press lately. Like, my knees start shaking and I'm worried if I'm about to pass out.
Here's some more stuff about my bench to put it in perspective: I've worked hard to have a technically proficient bench, decent arch (without looking asian), powerful leg drive, and the widest grip legal in powerlifting. Although I'm not that strong (just hit 300lbs PR), I am advanced in the sense that it takes me several months to improve 5 or 10 lbs. I am still recovering from stickmode with lanky arms.
>>
>>51995264
only 2x a week frequency per muscle group, but should be good enough for most people below advanced level

>>51994689
you are overtraining. 5x a week is too much, you need rest days

>>51994670
if it doesnt improve within 2-3 days or the injury causes shooting pain with numbness/tingling, its doctor time

>>51995143
you'll still lose weight in the long run, but you will be hungrier and more tired on the low calorie days. it's better to let your body adapt to low calories and ride out your cut
>>
How often should I do cardio?
>>
my left knee is starting to sound like a bowl of rice krispies when i squat with some very light pain, and yet, i'm only hovering around 200lbs for my squat. Is it too soon for knee sleeves? am i not gonna make it?
>>
Anyone else have /fit/ dreams?

>dream walking around in local park
>empty except a cyclist coming down the path
>flys by me and crashes into gazebo
>I ask if he is ok and help him get up and rest
>there is a pullup bar in the gazebo
>do pullups together.

Vivid as fuck, 10/10 dream
>>
>>51994889
Get a routine and basically eat at a little above maintenance. Starting strength is non-ironically a good starting routine.

>>51995143
It'll work if you are careful and weigh your food, but it's huge temptation to do it 2 days in a week days, then 3... Your body also won't consider itself full unless you gorge yourself. As an overeating fatass, the opposite works much better for me: eat at maintenance 6 days, 1 day fasted.

>>51994981
Gotta do some squat variation, isolation stuff by itself will lead to imbalances. Google "squat progression overweight" and it'll guide you. Bodyweight glute bridge is a good exercise for big dudes also. Work up to the 1 leg variation.

Congrats on the 115, that's a crazy amount. So your plan obviously works for losing weight. Try this experiment tho: on a workout day, 3hrs before you lift, have a big bowl of oatmeal. Then push yourself in the gym. Odds are you'll crush your workout, set PRs. If it doesn't work, fuck it and go back to what you know. Personally it's night and day.

If you can work in carbs before you workout, you'll get much more done in the gym. Which will translate into more muscle, which will burn more fat. If you're not seeing the performance boost, stick to your plan. Because biggest thing for your health is losing the excess fat. But give it a try
>>
I've been cutting at 1500cal for 2 months, my TDEE is 2600cal, I won't gain weight if I up it to 2000cal for 2 weeks before I start my bulk to start and restore some of the strength I've lost. I'm at 150lbs right now and I want to stay there to keep the low bodyfat for a festival.
>>
File: 1509442774864.jpg (267 KB, 818x1235)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
I was reading about protein absorption and I'm just curious if eating most of your daily protein in one sitting is a waste?
I worked from 8am - 7pm and went to the gym 8-9. So I only had time to eat the 120g protein I had left in one meal with a protein shake. Is there any damage at all in doing this?
>>
>>51994689
Had this nagging for over a year. Thought it was tight piriformis. Was actually bulging disc pushing on sciatic nerve, which eventually herniated. Not saying that's it, but it's worth checking out.

Also, if you want to work out 5 days a week, pick a routine based on that ya big dummy. Or hop on roids if you're gonna overtrain that hard
>>
File: 1560538162871.jpg (192 KB, 549x545)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>>51996305
Tapering back up is recommended. You won't gain fat at 2000
>>
>>51996406
Thanks anon
>>
Is doing Jeff's 7min ab routine twice a week enough to build good abs or do I have to do them every day?
>>
>>51996486
Are these type of questions trolls? Just read the sticky
>>
>>51996269
Thanks anon, very insightful.
Will try this oatmeal trick for sure.
>>
Is there any actual benefit to eating all my carbs post workout or would it be better to split my carbs between pre and post workout?
>>
Do I really have to bench?
>>
>>51996336
If you have protein farts, your body isn't absorbing it. The body isn't designed to absorb refined protein. Woulda been better to have eaten a 14oz steak but it depends on your body

>>51996044
Stretch your hams, quads, adductors, abductors and glutes. If your joints hurt, you have excess pressure caused by muscular tightness

There are Bois squatting 800+ lbs without sleeves. Be like them

>>51994937
Pirate p90x ab ripper x or x2 and do it in your room. Also, do cardio and don't stop actually lifting

>>51994731
This faggot. Anyone who actually lifts can go from 20% to 10 in just a few weeks and it's way easier to gain strength above 12%

>>51994670
Stretch

>>51994534
Meat, veggies, fibrous carbs

>>51994215
Drink more water eat more fiber stop ingesting anything that will occupy your liver

>>51994041
Honestly, you probably don't eat enough or do enough volume at high enough intensity

>>51993834
Shave with one swipe one direction, alcohol after
>>
>>51996718
It's best to spread everything out so your muscles stay pumped and your blood sugar doesn't vary so much.

Also, based on your post, I can tell you aren't eating enough
>>
>>51996486
Add squats and deads and cardio and do whatever ab work you want
>>
>>51996044
the sound/crackling means nothing. if the pain isn't psychosomatic, try doing light knee extensions focusing on pausing at full lockout while warmuping up your squat.
>>
>>51995817
At my leanest (8%) I was doing 40 minutes twice a day but on the regular (12%) I do 20 minutes every day.
>>
The best ab exercise is hanging from a pull up bar and doing straight leg raises its gruelling and u will cheat by swinging but if u do it properly without swinging and actually keeping ur legs straight ur abs will ACHE and eventually SCULPT
>>
Which program would be more beneficial for toning and stuff: Upper/Lower 6x a week or PPL 6x a week? I wanna focus on core and leg development.
>>
>>51997036
>toning
>>
>>51997047
You know what I mean. I've got a poor vocab.
>>
I'm ~230-240 lbs, 5"9 male. Is it advisable to do SS more than three times a day if I want to lose weight faster?
>>
>>51997121
No; just do cardio and eat less
>>
>>51997121
>more than three times a day
are you legitimately retarded
>>
>>51985295
Best gains of my life have incorporated strength training with hypertrophy. Can't miss with BBB
>>
>>51996846
Wouldn't I be spiking my insulin levels every meal? I train at night so wouldn't I be able to use the glucose from the prior night? You're correct. I'm currently on a cut. How could you tell?
>>
>>51997140
Any tips on what I should eat? I'm already looking at brown rice and chicken, but what else should I eat? Is 20:4 IF any good?

>>51997168
Fuck, I meant more than three times a week.
>>
>>51996889
ok, good that the sound means nothing... the pain lingers on but like i said it's more annoying than debilitating
>>
Opinions on 16:8 fasting?
>>
What pull up grip is best?
>>
>>51997263
wtf is 20:4 IF
>>
>>51997406
he's talking fasting

>>51997263
Just eat CLEAN dude. Stay away from sugars, heavily processed food, and fast food shit. Download a calorie counter like myfitness pal if you're struggling that much and eat under the tdee is gives you. Working SS more than three times a week might seem like a good idea, but it'll hurt gains. If you really want something to do on off days, do cardio.
>>
>>51997436
What is 20:4 meant to be?
>>
>>51997406
not op, but i believe that's giving yourself a 4 hour eating period, typically just one large meal
>>
>>51997441
Twenty hours fasting, four hours eating.
>>
>>51997443
>>51997448
That's incredibly retarded
>>
How do I keep track of time/distance during a run?

Ideally without a phone since my charger is fucked and I don't have a watch, plus holding a phone with sweaty hands for 30mins+ is a recipe for disaster
>>
>>51997467
well, yeah... i know what it means, doesn't mean i practice it, lol.

It's not going to be used for any kind of strength program as who the fuck can down 3-4k calories in one sitting, and if you're trying to lose weight, you're gonna mentally break before you get to that 4 hour window. Just eat non-processed/not-shitty foods, make sure you're hydrated and not mistaking thirst for hunger, keep caloric intake at a deficit, gg.
>>
>>51997499
Old school pedometer?
>>
>>51997121
>SS more than three times per day
>three
>per
>day

Only if you drink one gallon whole milk per squat session. Personally I can't keep down four gallons a day, three should be enough
>>
Why does Mark Rippetoe say that chin ups use more muscle than pull ups when it replaces the lat involvement with the bicep?
>>
>>51997550
THANKS FOR THE MILK, MARK
>>
File: DVM5FJxX0AAIszD.jpg (34 KB, 552x379)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>51997499
Mapmyrun dot com or similar site. Draw your path, get a distance
>>
>>51997510
I guess so. I was mostly wondering if there are any reliable methods track time + distance mentally.
>>
>>51997563
Idk but Ive always been able to do more chins than pulls so I'd disagree
>>
>>51997596
>>
>>51997596
apps:
google fit, tracks distance by gps and speed/steps/etc

Runtastic, does the same but you need to manually start it... doesn't feel as big-brother-ish
>>
>>51997550
THANKS FOR THE MILK, MARK
>>
Should I eat strawberries?
>>
Have you guys ever bought a training program? If so was it an effective training program?
>>
File: 1562011378389.jpg (261 KB, 870x1200)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>51997506
It all boils down to CICO, but from experience, IF is the easiest way with least suffering to keep calories low. Your body gets used to not eating before a certain time. Skip breakfast, have a late lunch, then eat a really solid post workout meal. Plenty of energy for workout, go to bed full.

Ive cut with regular eating pattern on 500 cal deficit, and IF, IF was way easier psychologically to hit the same # of calories.
>>
Can I practice chin ups and dips on off days?
>>
>>51997678
IF is inefficient from a muscle protein synthesis point of view. Nothing will ever beat multiple meals a day spaced a similar amount of time apart
>>
>>51997499
I assume you're doing a loop starting and ending at your house or car. get a cheap stop watch and start it when you begin and leave it by your door. this'll also give you insensitive to race the finish all the way rather than "oh, I'll stop here, close enough". no. all the way to the end.
for distance, plot your path after in google earth. that's what I did years back. you don't even need an address for each turn, just click a waypoint or something like that.
>>
>>51985295

when I squat my right hamstring gets sore/tight and then when I go running the next day it makes the tendon behind my knee + my achilles sore.

how do i fix :( I've been stretching it a lot and it doesn't seem to help
>>
>>51997689
Look into starting bw fitness on reddit, they show you how to space out "skill" days with training days. Instead of doing bodyweight just swap it with your regular routine
>>
>>51997718
do you foam roll?
>>
File: 45436w.jpg (11 KB, 240x240)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>51992186

>without eating cheese
>>
>>51997730
foam rolling is a meme; if you recommend it to anyone you're full of shit
>>
>>51997695
So for bulking you've got a point. On a cut, that's a lot less important. I'll take less stress and sleeping like a fat baby
>>
>>51997399
Studies say a 1.5x shoulder width pronated grip is best for lat activation but the difference is negligible so just choose which grip is comfortable to do and be consistent with it.
>>
>>51997743
Are you kidding me? You don't think the muscle retention is important while cutting?
>>
>>51997741
I'll suck your dick you fucking faggot, foam rolling unironically helped my t-bands.
>>
>>51997777
chequed
>>
>>51997777
And were you doing anything else during that time?
>>
Should I eat strawberries?
>>
I can't OHP without pain in one of my shoulders, wat do

It's not really an issue when I bench
>>
>>51997790
IIFYM sure
>>
>>51997678
fair enough, i can agree with that...
>>
>>51997788
The issue occurred while I was already running a stretching routine with additional positions to help, but it did nothing. I honestly didn't feel any sort of relief or difference until I started foam rolling.
>>
>>51997806
>additional stretching routine
which did nothing because stretching is entirely useless, just like foam rolling is.
>>
>>51997791

lower weight, fix the form, try dumbbells. If all fail then stop doing OHP.
>>
>>51997829
this is bait
>>
>>51997718
dramatically lower the volume of both (first two weeks should be very easy) and slowly work your way back up
>>
>>51997829

Anecdotal but if I have a muscle that's too tight/in a permanently contracted state, trigger point foam rolling can help me pinpoint exactly where that tightness is and consciously focus on un-flexing it.
>>
How long should I be doing SS if I'm a beginner?
>>
>>51997829
>which did nothing because stretching is entirely useless
>t. geek with poor joint health
>>
>>51997637
>doesn't feel as big-brother-ish
I know what you mean. Thoughts on Strava? Looks pretty good.

>>51997612
>>51997579
Fair points. Drawing paths works great.

Last question: Breathing. How to do it best?
I try to keep it as regular as possible, but it inevitaby slips the further I get.
>>
>>51997777
>foam rolling helped it-band
>gets quads
wew
>>
>>51997796
You tell me.
>>
>>51997791
work more on your rear delts and rotators
>>
>>51997889
don't think about breathing. it'll make you breath too deep or too shallow. focus on running at a steady pace with your legs.
>>
>>51997886
>>51997855
It's not but a placebo. I used to waste 20 minutes a workout doing that crap because my squatting for sucked. Then I replaced that time by doing more squats and suddenly problem solved. If you want to get better at something, then practice it more. Watch Barbell Medicine's stuff if you want actual doctors to explain why it's a waste of time
>>
>>51997707
Yep. Suburban area so lots of concrete, circuit works better than A to B.
>leave it by your door
that's actually genius, I've been using a stopwatch to lap and keep walk/run intervals until I can comfortably 5k, but I'll try this out. Would let me focus on technique better rather than staring at numbers too much.
>>
>>51997926
>I used to waste 20 minutes a workout doing that crap because my squatting for sucked.
I honestly think you've confused "stretching" and "dynamic warmup stretching", because it should NOT have taken you that long to get warmed up for anything.
>>
>>51997916
See, this is where I get confused, because I've heard plenty of different answers to this.
Some say there's no need; your body will take as it needs.
Some say inhale as sharply as you require, and exhale as slowly as possible.
Some say it doesn't matter as long as you're breathing through your nose, never breathe through your mouth.
etc
>>
>>51997978
All kinds of stretching is useless. Like I said if you want to get better at something, just do it more
>>
>>51997982
>Some say there's no need; your body will take as it needs.
>Some say inhale as sharply as you require, and exhale as slowly as possible.
>Some say it doesn't matter as long as you're breathing through your nose, never breathe through your mouth.
>etc
The first one is technically correct, but only if you develop the other two as a natural habit. I had to intentionally focus on not breathing through my mouth, how to properly breathe during cool down periods until it became natural for me to do it without thinking.

>>51997978
This is correct 100%

>>51997995
This is incorrect 100%. Stretching does have a lot of health benefits - they might not be applicable to you, and that's fine, but acting like they do nothing is straight up idiotic.
>>
>>51998029
>Consider that spinal flexion in the deadlift, elbow flare in the bench press, or knee valgus in the squat, for example do not universally, automatically produce acute injury. Yet, when pain or injury does occur, athletes are quick to point to these often minor mechanical deviations as the singular cause of their symptoms, often because they have been told these things should be avoided at all costs.

>Yet, we have data on inter-individual differences in preferred lifting techniques. Let’s use the example of spinal kinematics during lifting an object from the ground (deadlift).

>Pavlova recently completed a study examining the curviness of participant’s lumbar spine and its effect on lifting an object from the ground during three different trials.5 The first trial the participant lifted “freestyle”, no cueing. The second trial the participants were cued to squat (“keep the back straight and bend at the knees”), and finally the third trial to stoop (“keep the legs straight and bend at the back”). The authors’ findings:

>“In this study we have shown that the curviness of the lumbar spine is associated with the way in which individuals lift a weight from the floor. When no instruction was given, individuals with more lordotic lumbar spines preferred to stoop down to pick up the box, while those with straighter spines preferred to squat. Our results also suggest that these natural movement preferences are maintained when instructions are given, especially in individuals with curvier spines who prefer to lift by stooping. In changing between lifting styles, individuals adjusted their knee flexion while maintaining their preferred lumbar flexion range.”

>These findings certainly question the forced constraint or “one size fits all mentality” rather than allowing for variability and a degree of subjective preference when completing a task.
>>
>>51997889
strava is ok, i just started using runtastic first so that's the devil i know. I have used strava to run in 5k/10k where i'm not in the city the run is being done. Whichever one you install first, they're pretty much the same in my eyes
>>
>>51998059
This is useless without a source.
>>
>>51998059
>question the forced constraint or “one size fits all mentality”
>>51998029
>they might not be applicable to you, and that's fine

>posts a long ass paragraph just to end up agreeing with him anyway
lol
>>
>>51998073
https://bmjopensem.bmj.com/content/4/1/e000374
And here is the source saying that stretching does not help with mobility
https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD007455.pub3/full?highlightAbstract=stretching&highlightAbstract=stretch
And here is the source saying that it won't change muscle mechanics
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28801950
>>
>>51998087
What? What I posted was completely the opposite of what he said. What I posted was to show that trying to squeeze yourself into somebody's ideal shape of a movement if wrong
>>
>>51998073
https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD004577.pub3/full
Here's a source to tell you that it won't help with DOMS
And if you think stretching will help performance then this may change your mind
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24819010
>>
>>51998104
>What I posted was to show that trying to squeeze yourself into somebody's ideal shape of a movement if wrong
and he literally says if stretching isn't applicable to you then it's okay. you're specifying stretching to benefit lifts but your initial post was talking about how there are absolutely zero benefits to stretching overall, that was what he was correcting
>>
>>51998123
>>51998114
>>51998098
And since then I have posted several sources to prove that it has no benefits, and everything is just a placebo
>>
>>51992205
Looks good overall but here's a few nitpicks if you're still in the thread:
Don't do high-intensity workouts on consecutive days. Push the 800 repeats back one day. That way you'll have fresh legs and be able to squeeze more out of the workout.
Instead of a total rest day, take a 3-5 mile jog, and I mean JOG, just to pump some blood around. Take it ridiculously slow, and when you finish up, do 4-8 very easy 100m intervals where you start each one slow and gradually accelerate to about 80-90% of your top speed by the 50m mark, and just cruise the last 50. Focus on form and control. This should feel relaxing, not at all strenuous, and put a big smile on your face anticipating the 800s.
This is known as active recovery, and it also has a miniature cousin you should also be utilizing ON workout days by jogging (again, JOGGING, you know, like a grandma) instead of just standing around for 2 minutes between your 800s or 45 seconds between hill sprints. That means after you start running on your first interval, you do not come to a full stop until the workout is done. You can even walk for a couple steps if you absolutely have to, but strive to keep your feet turning over. This will train your ability to rally energy mid-race.
Your goal is an achievable one, but you will have to do everything right, so be intentional with your sleep, diet, avoid drugs and alcohol, and skip the weights until you reach your running goal. Make this top priority, and it will be yours.
Go get it.
>>
How to stretch right here? It keeps tightening up on me while running or doing sit ups. Google has failed me.
>>
>>51998744
Have you tried foam rolling?
>>
>>51998781
>foam rolling
Stretching is bullshit
https://bmjopensem.bmj.com/content/4/1/e000374
Doesn't help mobility
https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD007455.pub3/full?highlightAbstract=stretching&highlightAbstract=stretch
Doesn't change mechanics
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28801950
Doesn't help with DOMS
https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD004577.pub3/full
Doesn't change performance
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24819010
Doesn't decrease injury
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24100287
>>
how do i tell if i have short arms? my wingspan is about the same as my height but i think it is just from my shoulders and not from arms
>>
>>51998789
how far down the sides of your legs can you reach standing upright? test both arms at once so you don't lean. take a pic. normal arms are wrists at crotch level, or fingertips halfway down your thigh.
>>
>>51998781
I'll give it a try
>>51998788
Good thing none of those have anything to do with my problem.
>>
>>51992542

What's the issue with it?
>>
>>51998933
a "tight" muscle means absolutely nothing
>>
>>51997671
Bump. I wanna know before I sink $40 into Jeff Nippard's Upper/Lower training program
>>
>>51998963
Extremely painful spontaneous cramping and tightening of the muscle that forces me to stop what I'm doing, lay down, and keep my leg extended. No, it's not something that I work through.
>>
>>51998988
If you're expecting pain to be there, then it will be
>>
>>51998981
Are you fucking retarded? Making a good program is easy
>>
>>51999030
Yes well /fit/ told me I shouldn't be making my own programs because I'm still a novice
>>
>>51999025
Are you having a stroke?
>>
>>51999038
Oh, in that case do a novice program retard
>>
>>51999057
No? Did I say something wrong?
>>
>>51999058
But strength isn't my goal.
>>
>>51999070
Are you fucking kidding me? Why do you want to reinvent the wheel? We know what works, you can't find something that nobody else has in this regard.
>>
>>51999066
>If you're expecting pain to be there, then it will be
I can only assume you mean it's psychological, which is actually retarded.
>>
There's sugar in strawberries...
Should I really eat them?
>>
>>51999103
If you think that you'e physical injured, go to a doctor; why are you making this difficult? Either you do, or you don't, so decide
>>
>>51999107
I'm asking for a way to stretch it when it spasms and contracts. Why is this so hard for you?
>>
>>51999117
Because I've already answered that for you; there is no stretch which will fix a real injury.
>>
>>51999126
When did I ever say it was an injury?
>>
>>51999133
Is pain normal for you?
>>
>>51999106
Ditch whatever junk food you eat and replace it with strawberries
>>
>>51999141
>Is pain normal for you?
Every day?
>Is this specific pain something that happens to you often.
Occasionally throughout my life. Usually from sitting in a cramped space for a long time. It's happened 3/4 of the last times I went to do sit ups and various other body weight stuff but each of those times were after running.

I just want way to counter act the spasm when it happens so I can finish out my sets.
>>
>>51999076
Don't get mad. I've done those programs before but they give me loads of knee pain.
>>
>>51999242
And?
>>
>>51999250
Knee pain is not good for the sports I do.
>>
>>51999253
So you want a program that doesn't involve the knees? Because people don't make those
>>
>>51988027
They are probably just trying to be come friends with some nice banter.
t. boomer
>>
I work out a couple of hours before going to bed, and I rely on a bowl of oats for some macros.
Should I be having the oats before or after the workout?
I see people talk about eating big after a workout, but I also see claims that carbs (which naturally the oats are loaded with) are only worth consuming if you're soon to be doing cardio, otherwise [something something carbs become sugar, something something you get fat].
>>
>>51999688
Oh shit, only just realized that >>51996718 pretty much asked exactly this.
>>
>>51999273
No, no. I just need something light on the knees. Hence why I was looking at Nippard's program.
>>
What's a good full-body workout program that is not SS or 5x5?
>>
>>51985295
I hit my first bench plato at bodyweight for 5 bench. Does that make sense? Been two months since I platoed Every 4th week I deload to 40% 1rm
>>
Why the FUCK cant i do laterals with more than 12kg
>>
>>51985295
is it okay if i always have tendencies to jump when deadlift (like when do power clean) is it normal???
>>
How the fuck are people skinny with a double chin, or fat under chin. How does it happen? Yes I am American.
>>
>>52000467
The body sometimes stores fat in retarded places.
>>
>>52000467
Some times this >>52000474 and some times liposuction.
>>
I have two. I was doing Bent ove row overhand to workout out top of the back, under work lower is this true?(I know it wasn't using the same muscle) 2. My traps are sore after doing it. Is it normal? Does it even use traps?
>>
Need an alternative to squat, I have scoliosis and can’t keep upright when squatting. I do legpress and hip thrusts atm
>>
How the fuck do i fix my bent-over rows
Like, i get the stance right, but the second i go to lift up the bar, my arms just stop looking normal
Right arm goes more inward than left, left flares out more
I've tried the whole "pretend you're snapping the bar in half" thing, but it still feels like i'm just doing a shitty upright row movement with my arms
I just can't fucking do the actual rowing
Even with 0 weight on the bar for form check, it's still retarded.
Should i just give up on bar rowing and do dumbbell/cable rows instead?
>>
>>51997243
>How could you tell
1)you're posting on /fit/
2)you should never be able to consume all your carbs or protein in one meal

Insulin resistance comes from your blood sugar getting over a certain level such that your body can't do anything but turn it into fat

When you spread it out and keep your blood sugar below critical levels, your body can store it as glucose instead of fat

When I eat 6 meals a day nothing sticks to me and I shit after every meal (recommended by American digestion(name?) Association. Those meals are smaller, less sugar spike etc etc
>>
>>51997345
Motherfucker stretch

>>51997399
I do supinated grip with full rom of my shoulders to stretch out after benching but it depends on the person

>>51997406
>>51997441
It's a meme city in canada

>>51997666
They're low sugar fruit so if you insist on fruit, they'd be the best

>>51997829
>Stretching is useless
Let me tell you how I know you're weak and gonna hurt yourself soon

>>51997926
Doing more volume doesn't negate the effectiveness of stretching git gud

>>51997995
See above

>>51998744
Lay on your back
One leg straight out
One leg straight up
Use a belt or tie or towel and pull your leg across your body keeping your hips against the floor

>>51999951
SL

>>52000334
Why THE FUCK would you need to
The body is a machine, you're probably weak in general. I can lay raise 45s but I'm at 3/4/5

>>52000467
Lymphnoidal health

>>52000529
Your traps keep your shoulders down and if you weren't bent over all the way (99% likely) the traps were what was taking the strain of holding the bar

>>52000573
Front and back scoliosis can be minimized by proper form squats and deads

Side scoliosis means you're stuck doing leg press

>>52000678
I would guess your shoulders aren't even but would need a video

Bent over rows are to dumbbell rows what squats are to leg press
>>
>>52001039
I wouldnt say that im extremely weak.

My bench is 70kg
Squat 110
Deadlift 120
Ohp 55kg

But i cant fucking get to even 14kg standing laterals
>>
>>52000920
It's time to stop posting
>>
What apps do you goys use to aid your workout and dieting routines?
>>
why did they remove /sig/ from /fit/
>>
I talk to chicks east on dating apps but never know what to do next. Ask to meet up or for their phone number? How long should you wait to do that without scaring them off?
>>
Blackpill me on sugar free drinks brahs, last time I cut they were so helpful to stop cravings, I like to cut pretty aggressively and was drinking about a litre of them a day, want to lose about 8kg before summer, how bad do these drinks fuck you?
>>
>>52001512
Because (((they))) dispise self improvement

>>52001526
ask to meet up, after about 4-5 days, in a public setting obviously
>>
File: Comics_9f7fbf_5448113.png (633 KB, 960x643)
633 KB
633 KB PNG
Been exercising for a little over a year now. Lost about 100 lbs (6”-280 lbs before) then started a bulk at 164. 20 lbs later - less mires, skin is worse, sweat more.. and just feeling fat. Feels like I fell for a meme, like SS+GOMAD. and it’s not even a dirty bulk. Ditched the protein powder and still get 180g of protein daily but it’s from sources like cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, porkloin, etc. Is this how you guys feel and do these foods suck? Been bulking the last couple months and want it to end. How much longer should it go on? I sound like a bitch but all the pants I was wearing no longer fit, didn’t expect to gain so much fucking weight! Thanks if anyone reads this
>>
>>52001202
Those numbers aren't strong. You won't gain the strength you want until you focus entirely on getting your big 3 up.

Then one day, after benching 100kg you'll be like "huh, I wonder what my pay raise is at" and then you'll pull 20s ezpz

>>52001227
Are you one of the fuccbois promoting IF or are you still in the fatty stages losing weight?

I have better lifts and a better body than you. Fuck off

>>52001350
I used myfitnesspal when trying to figure out calories but now I eat subjectively because metabolism is elastic

>>52001534
They can occupy your liver which reduces protein synthesis depending on the sweeteners.

Also, the liver occupation uses electrolytes which help you burn calories

In moderation they're fine
>>
Because of my schedule I have to workout on Fridays and weekends, I tried doing a full body routine but I find myself too tired on the weekend sessions. Can anybody help me with making a routine?
>>
>>52001588
Increase your electrolyte intake and volume and also do more cardio. You can't lean bulk/recomp without cardio. Most people can't do either anyway but to give yourself the best chance, do more and eat a little more
>>
>>52001597
Lift before work/school

I know it's early, but you'll never be satisfied with your progress curtailing it to the weekend

I wake up every morning at 5 to lift before work. I'd wake up earlier if I had to
>>
>>52001651
> Lift before work/school

Gym is like 30min away. I wake up at 5 in the morning as well, doing my morning routine I'd be leaving home by 6:15-6:30 AM, school starts at 7:00 AM and lasts till 4:40 PM, I'd be home at about 6:00 PM, after doing my evening studies I'd go to sleep at 10:00 PM. Where do I fit in lifting in here?

TLDR; Not really an option for me because of schedule.
>>
>>52001745
Wake up at 4:30
Leave house with pre packed gym bag
Hit pre and water as you leave
Lift at gym near school
Shower at gym
Hit protein on way out, at school 30 minutes early because your morning routine gets shortened when you do it at the gym
>>
>>52000455
yes
>>
>>52000573
if you have trouble staying upright, lower the weight. squat the heaviest weight you can, not the heaviest you think you can.
>>
>>52001039
Yeah I’m fucked then, I’m post op so I’m not as bendy in the top 2/3 of spine
I just read a lot of, “leg press can’t replace squat” articles and it seems like I’m missing out on a pretty effective compound move if I drop them
>>
>>52001937
You probs won't ever be a decorated natty body builder but you can still be healthy
>>
>>52001937
>>52001953
I would try light squats though and see if you have any pain though
>>
>>52001561
>ask to meet up, after about 4-5 days, in a public setting obviously

>in a public setting
Only creepy incels need to do that. If the girl is really into you, she will meet up with you anywhere, even at your house.
>>
6'4" 227lbs here

Getting back into weight training after years of amateur boxing alternated with sitting on my ass. Previous intermediate experience of weight training (was 160lbs years ago)

Looking to start packing mass again, but quite unsure what to do

> hypertrophy PPL
or
> 5/3/1 BBB + accessories

My main concern is that, being a hard gainer, 531 will not let me build muscles and if i add accessories, i'll just burn myself by overload even at caloric surplus. But i still want those juciy strenght gainz.

I had previous experience with Sheiko routine, where i was noticeably increasing my stats but i was not putting on any mass: chest and arms were seriously underdeveloped
>>
>>52001611
will give it a try anon, appreciate the advice
>>
Any of you use any apps or sites to find new recipes? I can cook okayish but never really venture beyond the basics.
>>
File: cropped21-mirror.png (611 KB, 617x575)
611 KB
611 KB PNG
Am I ottermode or skinny?

and body fat % est?
>>
>>52002581
ottermode, but there really isn't much of a difference.
>>
>>52002581
Ottermode-ish imo
Chest & lats needs some more work to really look awesome
>>
>>52002581
if you tanned and worked chest more you'd be ottermode
>>
>>52002581
just skinny my man.
>>
Am stalling on dumbbell bench press although i get DOMS every time i train chest. Should i switch to barbell bench without spotter or could it be another thing?
>>
Haven't been on /fit/ for years and you fuckers haven't changed at all. For anyone with enough common sense to listen here are some tips from someone who finally found some happiness in their life.

>stop checking /fit/ and/or 4chan religiously, its fine in short spurts, but seriously I fell into the worst depression of my life because of it.

>whatever your fitness goals are, just stay committed, change takes time, regardless of the method.

>don't worry so much about getting laid (I know this is a lot of you, I was that creeper kid stalking /fit/ in high school at one point too, I didn't lose my virginity till college life), you don't have to be ripped or anything to attract someone, just be comfortable with yourself, girls get horny too believe it or not, it isn't difficult once you establish friendships.

>adding to that though, your college years are the time to whore out if you feel the urge to, I honestly feel its something all guys gotta get out of their system at one point or another, otherwise that's how you get serial killers and furries and other creepy ass shit otherwise.

>find something you love and do it, don't worry about what other people are gonna think, whos going to approve or disapprove, I see so many people just extremely sad and defeated after their college years because all they do now is work, they never found anything in life worth doing.

>wear a condom, ...seriously don't get a chick preggers till you're ready for a kid (i have friends whos lives have been more or less ruined by having kids too young)

>be nice to other people, you'll find the world is generally a lot nicer to you in return..
>>
>>52002581
You're a twink, love.
>>
>>51991627
daily fluctuations in intake dont matter. make sure that your average over a 7 day rolling window is ok and you will be fine.
>>
>>52002641
>wear a condom, ...seriously don't get a chick preggers till you're ready for a kid (i have friends whos lives have been more or less ruined by having kids too young)

Get a vasectomy. Even with condoms you can get a girl pregnant. Kids always ruin your life, fuck that shit.
>>
what do you guys think of my yearly training plan? trying to balance lifting in the winter with road cycling in the summer

>July - Sept
5 days a week of cycling
>Oct - Dec
5 day brosplit
>Jan-Mar
3 days PPL, 2 days HIIT
>April - June
3 days cycling, 2 days Upper/Lower
>>
>>52002623
Higher weight same total reps. Barbell is obv safer

>>52002641
SS+gomad

>>52002707
Whatever keeps you active, beefcake
>>
>>52002686
Nice try Shlomo, but no one should be getting vasectomy as a means of contraception. It has high chance of being irreversible.
>>
File: 1564708782081.jpg (79 KB, 387x550)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
I'm 5'10 135lbs going for otter mode- I've been on a PPL routine for about a month but am mostly looking for a good calorie intake to get to and maintain OM. I was thinking like 200 over my daily calorie intake (what i've been going with for the past 2 months) but wanted to hear some other suggestions
>>
>>52002018
there's nothing wrong with meeting a tinder bitch at Starbucks first... and this is for advice for someone having trouble, not a pussy slayer meeting thots that are "really into" him.
>>
>>52002623
dumbbell press is good for extra volume or to burn out after barbell press. focusing on dumbbells as a prime movement is idiotic.
use a spotter
>>
>>51985295
What's a good routine for someone who isn't at all interested in powerlifting or bodybuilding, and just wants to be athletic and well rounded so i wont die within 10 minutes of a civil war.

Thanks.
>>
>>51985295
opinion on shoulder pressing from the pins?
>>
>>52003421
It’s good supplement to OHP
>>
>>52003397
CrossFit.
>>
>>52003397
Do strongman
>>
>>52002397
No one?
>>
are spartan races even hard or is everyone just a weak faggot?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.