[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 2013-10-10-16-54-55.jpg (383 KB, 955x524)
383 KB
383 KB JPG
>go $15 a month gym
>place is a fucking mess with weights scattered all over or in the incorrect spot
>join university
>same thing
>graduate and join gym for $100 a month
>everything is way cleaner and everyone puts their weights away

Anyone else notice that the gym membership is actually a good filter? I wouldn't mind paying $200 a month.
>>
>pay 10 dollars a month for gym
>everything is fine because i go at 11am when no one is there
>>
>>51541923

Are you exaggerating with 100 dollars? For that much, it seems like buying your own equipment would pay for itself in a year
>>
>>51541936
So all the weights are organized and there's no garbage on the floor?
>>
>>51541923
I used to pay $150 a month for a bjj school and I was surprised at how many blue collar retards pay half their weekly salary to try and feel like a big man
>>
>>51541957
Not the same guy and I go earlier, but yes. Find a gym with competent staff who do their job.
>>
>>51541980
Haven't encountered one yet. Only gyms I found that aren't messes are ones where the members clean up after themselves.
>>
>>51541955
Some gyms here are 3 or 4 times as much.
>>
File: 1556074387599.jpg (42 KB, 413x367)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>51541923
I pay $300/month for Equinox and it's great. Degenerates are kept out. Also they do my laundry and I keep a locker there. Very nice.
>>
my uni gym is amazing.
>>
lol I pay 30 a month and I never had this problem. Clean gym, great staff, more equipment than people. The free weight area is almost always empty and neat. Don't lift in a shit gym dumbfucks
>>
File: 1562267537803.jpg (68 KB, 588x767)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
$40/mo for LA fitness. Theres an influx of niggers near the basketball court but overall it's never that crowded and everything is kept pretty clean and organized. I wouldn't ever pay more than $100/mo, I'd rather just buy my own equipment at that point.
>>
>>51541923
this but only if there is a color filter as well
>>
>>51542718
What do you think a $100 a month membership is?
>>
>>51541923
I don't have this problem at all. The gym I use is 20/mo and everyone there is always super polite and respectful, everyone puts away their shit, the gym just finished an expansion of the weightlifting area and now there are 6 squat racks all set up for oly lifts with bumpers and everything. It's pretty great and I have zero complaints.
>>
Weird, my uni gym is fucking spotless with everything in the right place but the gym near my parents' place where I'm at for July costs $50/month and is a fucking disaster. I have to hunt down plates and the dumbbells are complete chaos.
>>
I fucking love my gym so much
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYavLYeovio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyBCp23tPxQ
>>
>>51541936
I go at noon when most people are eating lunch or at work so its always empty
>>
How good the people in your gym are is almost entirely a function of when you go. If you go in the morning or during the day, everyone will be chill. If you go in the evening it will be full of fuccbois and wannabe instagram thots.
>>
Just make a home gym lel
>>
>>51541923
For $100 a month you could just invest in your own equipment. $15 a month for that matter.
>>
>>51542876
This. I never go between 3-9pm on weekdays because it's a fucking circus. Mongs and thots literally wait until peak hours to go because they want to be seen.

Completely different vibe late nights and early mornings.
>>
i pay 27/month and its not the best cleanest facility but its fine. The goal is a home gym
>>
File: 1510171868524.jpg (6 KB, 171x178)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>51542675
bruh, stop being racist
>>
>>51541923
Why is it always asians
>>
File: murderrace.jpg (24 KB, 600x450)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>51543919
>>
>>51542177
What do you do to afford Equinox, Anon?
>>
>>51541923
For $1,200 you can actually buy a gym and not have to worry about some ugly faggots leaving shit everywhere.
>>
>>51542823
I went at noon during one of my days off, and it was full of hobbling geezers, literally reading books and newspapers while sitting on the benches.
>>
>>51542177
This but unironically, my work gave me a gym membership with unlimited services for a few months.

It's like a weird futuristic spaceship world where everyone has perfect skin and clothes that fit perfectly and perfect teeth and shiny clean shoes and, keys that jingle perfectly, lifts that are heavy but not TOO heavy.

They all sweat, but in that fake movie sweat kind of way. It's fuckin weird.

Like 3 months in when I had kind of become a regular I went to the power rack and realized they had put all of my normal warmup stuff in one spot ready for me to go.

They had even moved some of the 45s over to the rack. I thought it was coincidence until I came again and again and again and all the stuff was there down to the exact 3 resistance bands I always grabbed and needed.

One time I came in early and it was still already set up.
>>
>>51543963
Where do I put it though?
>>
>>51543986
nice reddit-spaced blogpost
>>
i pay $10 for mine and it's super tidy
>>
>>51541923
Military gyms are clean as well.
>>
>>51544848
You mean markdown? Are you such a redditor that you think Reddit invented Markdown? Kek
>>
>>51541923
My membership is $450 ausbux for a 24/7 chain with gyms all over the country. In the past few years I've gone to about 6 different gyms regularly. They've varied in quality but none ever have trash on the floor and weights etc are pretty much always deloaded and on the rack.

Even the cheap independent gym on my street ($5/visit or couple hundred a year)
Is decent. Decor is just a warehouse filled with weights, machine and trance music and the quipment mght be worn out but people put gear back where it's supposed to go. And in summer they open up the huge roller shutters that make up the rear of the warehouse so the whole wall is open to the river.
>>
>>51543986
Jesus
>>
>>51541923
>$17 a month gym
>staff is good
>clean
no way i would pay 100 bucks for gym... you don't even have 100 bucks gyms around here... the most expensive one is like 40 and that one has huge dedicated zones for powerlifting, bodyweight, meme lessons and shit
>>
>>51544848
>separating paragraphs is redd*t
You don't have to try this hard to fit in zoomer.
>>
>>51543949
Wow unanalysed out of context data. Next you're gonna tell me correlation is causation.
>>
>>51541923
>graduate
>renew membership at college gym
>they stay the same age
>>
>>51545197
You rockin the fitness passport too?
>>
File: 1562154234406.jpg (97 KB, 692x960)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>51545289
>>
>>51543760
I would if I had enough place at my flat.
>>
>>51545323
Dat Anytime Fitness my man
>Gym near my house
>Gym near my parent's house
>Gym near my work
Even walked past an Anytime Fitness in fucking Madras
>>
>>51541923
yeah i did the same.

my old gym was £15 monthly, one day I found an actual turd in the sauna. Naturally I quit the next day,joined one 5 times more expensive and it's really super clean and everyone there is really polite and respectful, and there are no turds in the sauna.
>>
>>51543919
Please stop noticing patterns of behaviour, only dumdums notice patterns.
>>
>>51541980
How the fuck is it the staffs job to clean up weights to their designated spots? The fuck kinda places you go to
>>
File: end.jpg (47 KB, 780x598)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>51543986
>THEY ARE WATCHING YOUR EVERY MOVE THEY KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE THANKS TO YOUR "JOB" THEY KNOW YOUR PAYCHECK THEY HAVE A FITNESS TRAINER PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR FOLLOWING YOUR EVERY MOVE THEY ARE WATCHING
>THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING THEY'RE WATCHING
>>
>>51541923
damn its almost like your country sucks
all the gyms i've been to have been neat and orderly
all cheap
>>
File: 1557821753091.png (283 KB, 988x988)
283 KB
283 KB PNG
>>51542675
>>51543949
>>51545377
entirely too obvious.
>>
>used to pay £18 for a gym, was fine and had what I needed
>summer holidays start and an influx of kids
>6 of them crowded around bench doing the bar for 1 rep
>fooling around and bumping into people, don't understand gym etiquette
>final straw came when they unloaded my bar whilst I was sitting in front of it
>pay for an expensive £150 a month gym next to work
>8 DL platforms, tonnes of benches, bumper plates, everything is new
>always empty because corporate types don't lift
>spa included, swimming pool, sports masseuses
>free training session once a week, guy was an Olympic bronze medallist
>cardio machines sync with my account, can hook up my netflix/plex to it all
>get a weekly strength/health report
>>
>>51546061
>>THEY ARE SNEEDING YOUR EVERY CHUCK THEY KNOW WHERE YOU SEED THANKS TO YOUR "FEED" THEY KNOW YOUR SUCK THEY HAVE A SEEDING TRAINER PRIVATE FEEDER FOLLOWING YOUR EVERY FUCK THEY ARE SNEEDING
>>THEY'RE SEEDING THEY'RE FEEDING THEY'RE SUCKING THEY'RE FUCKING THEY'RE SEEDING THEY'RE FEEDING THEY'RE SUCKING THEY'RE FUCKING THEY'RE SEEDING THEY'RE FEEDING THEY'RE SUCKING THEY'RE FUCKING THEY'RE SEEDING THEY'RE FEEDING THEY'RE SUCKING THEY'RE FUCKING THEY'RE SEEDING THEY'RE FEEDING THEY'RE SUCKING THEY'RE FUCKING THEY'RE SEEDING THEY'RE FEEDING THEY'RE SUCKING THEY'RE FUCKING THEY'RE SEEDING THEY'RE FEEDING THEY'RE SUCKING THEY'RE FUCKING THEY'RE SEEDING THEY'RE FEEDING THEY'RE SUCKING THEY'RE FUCKING THEY'RE SEEDING THEY'RE FEEDING THEY'RE SUCKING THEY'RE FUCKING THEY'RE SEEDING THEY'RE FEEDING THEY'RE SUCKING THEY'RE FUCKING THEY'RE SEEDING THEY'RE FEEDING THEY'RE SUCKING THEY'RE FUCKING THEY'RE SEEDING THEY'RE FEEDING THEY'RE SUCKING THEY'RE FUCKING THEY'RE SEEDING THEY'RE FEEDING
>>
I pay 25 usd a month for my boomer gym with 20 yr old forged olympic weights, iron dumbell and rusty machines.
I could afford a membership in a Brand new gym but I dont want to leave the boomers since they keep my form in check, teach me new lifts and how to avoid injuries and encourage me since I don't speak that much.
most of them are pretty big and some admit using test, but they told me that's because they 50-60 yr old and pretty much need it to keep lifting and to not do it myself until I was old.
since the gym is pretty small, then evyrone takes care of it.
I tried a popular chain gym once and it was garbage because it was filled with weight hoarding zoomers taking turns to lift the bar, rude staff and 90% of the machines were actually treadmills and no ome
>>
Cheap gym = low income population = low iq population
Expensive gym = high income population = high IQ

That is why rich people go to expensive places, the entry fee roots out low IQ people
>>
>>51546487
low IQ people = loud, aggressive, messy, smelly, violent
high IQ people = quiet, cultured and civilized, clean, proper social conduct, orderly, polite,
>>
>>51541923
Buy cheapo barbell, weight plates, dumbells and a rack for squating and safe unspotted benching
Just a few hundret bucks and i will be using this stuff potentially for rest of my life
Maybe upgrade t>>51541923
o good powercage one day
>>
>>51546498
high IQ = insufferable pieces of shit, hates fun
low IQ= nicer on average, more genuine, loves having fun

t. high IQ
>>
>>51545147
you're good buddy
your good
>>
>>51541923
I prefer a middle price gym, or a gym that's a little away from busy parts of a city. Those are usually decent filters, as well. A gym with a pool is usually pretty good, too, maybe because niggers can't swim. I went to a YMCA for a couple of months and it was fucking god awful, foreigners everywhere, the place was filthy, equipment was left broken for the whole time I was there, people wouldn't put shit away, I hated it. I did try a luxury gym for a while when I dated a girl who worked at a hotel with a luxury private gym, and it wasn't bad, but none of the rich people lifted heavy, and I used to get dirty looks for lifting heavy, especially deadlifts. I also found people to be somewhat condescending or maybe just snobby, though that could be because I'm middle income, maybe they could smell it off me. The gym had nice amenities though, and was always pretty clean. I did find people would leave their shit wherever a lot, but the attendants were more vigilant and active at putting things back.
>>
my gym is $10 a month and fucking top tier. clean, orderly, and there's everything from pro BBs, legit powerlifters, cardio bunnies, etc. that train here.

lol at paypigs that shell out top dollar for a gym membership with a bunch of useless acommodations you'll only use 5 times
>>
I go to a 24/7 fitness gym for around £20. Can't speak for all locations but the one I go to is pretty good. Machines and cardio all on their own floor, weight area upstairs isn't too bad.

3 good squat racks, 2 smith machines so the meme lifters and thots squat on those. Only 1 place to flat bench on but 2 incline benches. Sizeable dumbbell area where 80% of the customers go.

Only problem is that people really do just fucking leave their weights anywhere and everywhere. Staff come to tidy them up maybe every 3 hours it seems.
>>
>>51541923
Is it a filter, or does the higher fee mean they can hire a worker to keep it tidy?
>>
>>51546060
it's the staff's duty to keep the gym organised and clean?
>>
home gym master race checking in
>>
>>51541923
People who go to a $100/month gym barely touch the weights in the first place
>>
Currently pay 15 for a gym membership. Gyms packed too often and it’s annoying. When I lifted at the YMCA there wasn’t a long wait or anything. Might switch back, even though it’s 60 something a month.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.