[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1489688602523s.jpg (2 KB, 125x82)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
Is there a way to get rid of anxiety?
>>
>>51154223
accept yourself and be yourself
>>
>>51154223
running, cardio in general literally obliterates anxiety. you have to constantly tire yourself out and rid yourself of pent up energy if youre an anxious person
>>
>>51154223
Find out what's causing the anxiety and work on how to fix it.
>>
>>51154223
Look in the mirror and ask yourself "is this all you got bitch? bring it on pussy cuz im gonna rape you" and then scream from the top of your lungs regardless of your soroudings.
>>
>>51154355
XD you sir have won teh internetz
>>
>>51154223
Anxiety is killing my gains and life
I have shaking hands and head, heart palpitations, difficulty breathing, stomach pain and noises, insomnia.
>>
>>51154355
No man would ever talk this way. You might be female or some kid online
>>
>>51154371
>>51154393
At least i still have one more yeah and whole twenties ahead of me. Can you say the same oldtimer?
>>
whatever makes you anxious, tackle it head on and realize its not so bad
>>
>>51154393
How old are you?
>>
>>51154223

What works for me is to make lists. And just include everything on them in a retarded autistic way. And I mean EVERYTHING.

For example:
>brush teeth
>wash dishes
>wipe down counter
>read 10 pages of book

Etc etc etc

Crossing the items off the list helps me feel accomplished even if it's tiny and that helps reduce my stress. It might be stupid but it works for me so you could try it
>>
>>51154223
Have you tried meditation? It has helped me tackle the problems I can solve, and move on from those I can't. Stay strong friend.
>>
There are two kinds of anxiousness. Justified and random.
Random one you gotta deal with. It's just fear of social interaction, that's it. Everyone gets that.
But if you get anxious doing something specific or around a specific person, you might want to re-evaluate why that's happening and if it's worth hanging out with that person.
>>
>>51154223
>delete social media
>only use your phone for calling people, turn off all notifications except calls
>try to go a few days without internet every now and then
>go outside more
>keep the window blinds open
>spend time face to face with friends and family who care about you
>wear earplugs under gun muffs to silence the world
>squat heavy
>press heavy
>deadlift heayv
>>
>>51154652
i don't even have social media, nobody knows me exept my family lmao
>>
>>51154223
Well, depends. Most people go overboard and do too many things. Humans aren't designed to live by the clock. Some people are also introverted by nature and just can't live in communities with more than 20-30 people, much less live in big cities. Social media doesn't help either. Get rid of your shitty lifestyle and social media, get in shape and go to live on a small community

BUT, if you already fixed most of these things and you feel as anxious as always (or even more), maybe you have a mental condition. Anxiety is a natural response, unjustified anxiety is a malfunction in your brain. Go to the psychologist if that's the case
>>
>>51154428
>>51154463
Pro-tip: get a job. Your parents will respect you for it.
>>
Stop smoking cigarettes and pot, start doing nofap
>>
>>51154223
You're pretty much fucked for life. Can't alter your brain chemistry. Consider using drugs to get over it
>>
>>51155283
thanks fren, very usefull advice
>>
I don't know about you but what did it for me was my dad dying and me having to man up and take care of the rest of the family at the old age of 17 (28 now)
>>
>>51154223
Alcohol and sedatives
>>
>>51154240
>>51154223
OP this is true. It’s the only thing I’ve found that works even remotely well.
>>
File: 1504719550267.gif (511 KB, 840x488)
511 KB
511 KB GIF
>>51155363
You're welcome. Might as well kill yourself now though.
>>
>>51154469
Nigger, how the fuck does this help anyone with anxiety. You have serious autism, my man
>>
>>51154921
get fucked oldtimer
>>
>>51155468
y...you too
>>
Exposure therapy. Literally just get out of your comfort zone and do it no matter how tough it is. Once you finish whatever it is you were scared to do you'll realize its not nearly as bad as the scenario you dreamed up in your head
>>
>>51155827
guy with panic disorder can confirm this, get in a fucking train, go to other cities were all gonna make it

also fuck this cancer faggot board, don't ask for advice theres too many incel losers on here
>>
>>51156665
You really should have gotten quads this was a good post.
>>
>>51155827
this works momentarily for me but then i get back to my old ways of thinking. i worked up the courage to make small talk with some girls at my old gym but now i can't even make eye contact. i don't have panic attacks anymore but i'm always tense and scared
>>
>>51154582
>>51155827
>anxiety around girls, terrified of rejection
>build courage to show interest in girl
>she seems interested
>finally get courage to approach her
>she freaks out
>anxiety and confidence plummets
>exposure therapy just reinforced my feelings of being socially defective and fundamentally unlovable
>still haven't fully recovered over a year later
T-thanks
>>
>>51156806
>she freaks out
Define freaking out
>>
>>51156836
She pulled out her mace and threatened me
>>
i cured mine by facing my fear head on and by not giving a fuck anymore. hope you find a way.
>>
>>51156806
>she seems interested
>finally get courage to approach her
can you elaborate on these 2 points? what actually happens? how does she seem interested and how do you "approach"? no one should freak out over being "approached" unless you've done it in the creepiest way possible
>>
>>51156739
one time i was drunk and approached a random girl on the street and told her "y... you are cute"
she said "thanks i guess"
didn't know what else to say, so i just walked away
>>
>>51154223
Unironically Eckhart Tolle my friend... Look him up on YouTube
>>
>>51156806
Had something similar.
>new coworker, shy and cute girl
>barely speaks to anyone, introduce myself because I need to work on anxiety and seems like good excuse to talk to her
>becomes obsessed with me
>crosses entire store to my area just to talk, makes excuses like she needs to borrow pens
>keeps asking me to eat lunch with her
>never act on it because don’t shit where you eat
>needs ride home one night, storming out
>asks me, agree
>starts saying shit like how great it is she lives alone
>mentions she has her own place to me like 5 times during ride
>tells me “haha yeah weed is great, when I’m high I’ll do ANYTHING”
>we smile a blunt in he rapartment
>just making her laugh a bit
>end up making out
>5 minutes in i grope her titty
>kicks me out
>chases me with her car as I’m driving away, filming me, actually nudges my car with hers
>get massive panic attack because high
>tells our coworkers I forced myself on her
Lost all confidence and ability to even look towards women after this. This was my first interaction with a girl since breaking up with my ex.
>>
>>51156955
>never act on it because don’t shit where you eat
>>
>>51154223
just stop worrying bro
>>
>>51157035
And look where acting on it got me? The only time I’ve had a bitch give me more obvious hints was when minutes within meeting a mutual friend in college she sat in my lap, grabbed my dick, and shoved my face in her tits.
>>
>>51155415
based
>>
>>51157035
yeah i laughed at that one too
>>
>>51156955
>eating where you shit in the current year of "#metoo" craze
bruh
>>
>>51156836
She dropped her spaghetti
>>
>>51156909
Lots of eye locking and smiling from across the room (over the course of weeks). I eventually get up walk over and take a seat in full confidence. She loses her spaghetti and says she can't talk right now then gets up and goofy autism walks away.
>>
>>51157399
>She loses her spaghetti and says she can't talk right now then gets up and goofy autism walks away.
that's adorable
>>
>>51154428
fuck off kid... come back when you grow up a little. your post wreaks of onions and reddit
>>
>>51154469
Are you the guy that plans out his phone calls for pizza with a list of what to say?
>>
>>51154223
Doing the things you want to do despite the anxiety (asking a girl out, trying for a job, standing up for yourself, basically anything that makes you nervous). Stop letting anxiety bite into you. If you give it an inch it will take a mile. It gets easier and easier every time you force yourself out of your comfort zone but you have to mantain it, just like muscles. You can do it.
>>
>>51156806
Did you approach a random girl on the street or something? Jesus Christ, you people are unsalvageable.
>>
>>51157399
>Lots of eye locking and smiling from across the room (over the course of weeks).
WEEKS?! What the fuck is wrong with you, mate?!
>>
>>51154223
>>
Meet a girl, make plans on Sunday for Tuesday. When tuesday comes no reply from her. Is it beta to message her and ignore that she did that and try to set another date. I wanna delete her number but she cute and has a nice ass. Just double checking...
>>
>>51154240
Can confirm
>>
>>51154240
this is extremely effective, but also very temporary, just a bandaid solution. it won't fix the root causes of your anxiety.
>>
>>51154223
Take x1 80mg Propranolol daily.
>>
>>51158941
Never send more than two texts in a row. If she ghosts you, you ghost her.
>>
>>51158941

SHE is at fault here, it's her move now. If she texts you a while after act cool and see if she mentions last time (a decent person would). And let her make the initiative to make new plans.

Don't forget, if she was too busy with another dude YOU should have an option B as well! Rake in those bitches bro
>>
File: uc7fsb3tl4iz.jpg (294 KB, 2048x1536)
294 KB
294 KB JPG
>>51154223
There are some good supplements about anxiety. They work on some people and don't on others, you should try.
>>
>Hard day at the gym
>nofap
>phenibut
>CBD but too expensive to maintain as a habit
>gf
>>
>>51154223
What helped me was finding an admirability in being a dreg of society. It was not a true cope because I found something I admired in being different and lesser. If you cannot understand this then consider drugs, ketamine, weed, nicotine all good shit
>>
File: 1556901821081.png (1.06 MB, 832x539)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>51154223
imagine you are conversing with a friend and giving them advice on the situation bothering you
>why am I feeling anxious?
because my gf is away
>why is she away?
because she's visiting family
>have you spoken to her recently?
yes, txt this morning and then she called me a few hours ago
>what did she say?
she loves me, she's tired, but she's enjoying herself
>so why are you anxious?
she could be lying
>then she wouldn't be with you anymore, and that would be her loss wouldn't it?
yes
>you're being childish, stop worrying about it

It helps calm me down, at least for a few hours then I have to do it all over again. Anxiety never goes away unfortunately, you just have to develop methods to control it.
>>
>>51160387
Holy shit I can see this being super helpful. Thank you man. What I’ve found for anxiety is weaponizing, in terms of social shit. Like if you start getting panicky about talking to a girl or something you need to develop the idea that if you don’t youll remain a pussy who doesn’t get laid and then ask what seems worse. Talking to the bitch or saying the same faggot
>>
>>51154380
Hope and help for your nerves by Claire weekes
>>
>>51154223
Realise that just as you don't give a fuck about 99% of people, they dont give a fuck about you
>>
>>51160387
This is solid advice.
The other one I have is: embrace it. When I developed generalized anxiety I tried to fight it. Didn't work. Eventually I settled with this one principle "everybody is a bit crazy, this anxiety is just my own share of the cake". Consider treating it as some kinda weird little monster hanging on your shoulder. Get to know it, when it triggers, in what circumstances etc. That requires a bit of dedication because you actually have to experiment. Eventually you just become used to that little monster and whenever it tries to bite you when it's really not the right time then you're able to restrain it.
I called mine the Maw.
>>
>>51160419
Yes, doing what you fear is the best way to get over your fear, but again it never really goes away. I am still scared of driving on the highway, for instance, but I just don't let it stop me anymore and it gets a little easier every time.
However, in situations like my current one you cannot take an action and you are entirely at the mercy of other's actions. This is my opinion is the worst anxiety I experience, because accepting that there are plenty of things out of your control (the feelings and desires of others in this case) is very nerve racking.
>>
>>51154355
Hey elliot!
>>
>>51154223
Accept Christ and ask his Holy Spirit to be your comforter.
>>
>>51154240
Honestly yeah, I hate cardio with a passion but after killing myself in a run I'm more focused on trying not to die for the next 2 hours
>>
>>51155514
>>51157517

I'm not the pizza guy but I get where that dude is coming from.

It helps me. I do have literal(actual literal, not faggot meme literal) autism. Diagnosed and everything. I have severe social anxiety and panic when things are beyond my control. It's a goddamn nightmare and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Making gay ass lists helps alleviate the panic so I do it. I understand how fucked it is, believe me.
>>
hmm join the army
te army of love
hmm naa get hip[notized to be a love servant
i guess
it helps to see your self in the bnettering of others
>>
>>51154393
it actually works though
>>
>>51154223
I literally get anxious over everything.
I don't talk to girls because it makes me too anxious.
I convince myself that my friends hate me and push them away because I'm so anxious.
I can't step out of my comfort zone because I'm so anxious.
I've been like this for years, been on medication for years and it hasn't done shit. Tried therapy, hasn't done shit.
I'm scared I'm gonna turn into a stereotypical incel or some shit that's how badly my anxiety holds me back.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.