[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1508766592938.jpg (33 KB, 620x349)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
/fat/ - Beach body edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For rotund rolly-polly rhinos regretting their lifestyle choices.

>This is not QTDDTOT. ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.
>Read the /fit/ sticky (you should have already, but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (needs waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your BMI
https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
https://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
https://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
https://www.myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
https://www.cronometer.com (better for generic foods/micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories.
>buy scales, BOTH food scales and personal, be autistically accurate in your measurements
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g/lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it
>be a retard

Previous: >>51141436
>>
File: 1528147962941.png (62 KB, 1229x1160)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
Ay, how you been sinnin' brother?
>>
File: 1559158795300.jpg (205 KB, 722x1000)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
Hey anons! I hope everyone is doing well! I'm not, quite sick today so cant go to work. The good news is that since I'm sick I cant eat so I'm sure I'll be in a caloric deficit today hahaha. I hope everyone is doing well on their goals and remember, WE ARE ALL GOING TO MAKE IT!
>>
Do any of you who have lost significant weight wear any kind of compression shirt or anything?

I’ve lost 110 lbs and am back into normal BMI territory. But when I wear a t shirt that fits you can see my saggy loose skin belly and man tits. If I wear a large shirt though it just looks too big on me. Obviously continuing lifting and getting to a lower body fat level will help but in the meantime it would be nice to be able to wear clothes that fit and feel confident about it.

Can anybody recommend a brand of compression shirt or anything that’s good for former fatties?
>>
>>51154222
Checked and nope-pilled
>>
>>51154254
Thanks anon, get well soon.
>>
>>51154417
Deserves its own thread
>>
>>51154417
Going full broscience, but I wonder if wearing it regularly could help loose skin recover?
>>
MY DICK WON'T STOP BEING HARD
IS THIS WHAT THIN PEOPLE HAVE TO DEAL WITH EVERY DAY?!
AHHHHHHHHHHH MY SLUT GF CAN'T EVEN KEEP UP
MAKE IT STOP!!
>>
>>51154609
Use you brain anon, what do you think?
>>
File: 1559986781125.jpg (8 KB, 300x250)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>51154654
I'm going to tell myself the answer is yes
>>
Been a little while since I've checked in. Hope everyone is doing well and hitting their goals! I'm still losing down 51lbs total. It's a little frustrating right now because I'm plateauing for about 10 days then I lose 3-5 pounds almost overnight it seems. I shouldn't complain because it's really not a problem to plateau for that short amount of time but watching the first 20ish pounds fly off when you first start is really exciting. It's slowed down a bit too because I injured my foot running a few weeks ago and it's not improved yet. Metatarsalgia is what the internet doctors told me and it takes rest and ice to heal. I've still been hitting the gym though and I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow to maybe get some help healing this a bit quicker.

Hope you guys are knocking it out of the park today! God Bless!
>>
Hey /fat/. It's been 5 days since I've lost any weight. Including a 24 hour fast. I'm easily eating below my metabolic everyday and working out hard. Is this normal? Am I overreacting?
>>
>>51154791
I eat a net calorie of 1000, 1300 under my tdee, I've been about the same weight for 7 days.

I work out a lot too though.

I wouldn't worry about it, just stay under your tdee.
>>
>>51154814
Thanks man. Real frustrating though. Just tired of being fat. Want to hurry this shit along.
>>
>>51154791
Plateaus happen thanks to water and waste weight in your body, and hormonal changes, and other shit. I'm also on day five of a plateau despite a consistent deficit. Eventually the appropriate amount of weight will fall off and you'll catch up to where you should be based on your actions.
>>
File: 665.jpg (35 KB, 680x680)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
It's started friends. I ate a veggie and liked it. I even went back for more. I'm even craving some more of them. Green beans with garlic lads.
>>
>>51154791
I've seen this same question hundreds of times in the 2-3 months I've been here, sometimes more than once in the same thread. You fatties are lazy cunts, aren't you? No wonder you got fat in the first place

W A T E R W E I G H T
A
T
E
R

W
E
I
G
H
T
>>
>>51154917
This. We should put this question+answer in the top
>>
>>51154936
I would start posting a PSA in each thread about this but if those retards actually read the OP or the thread, or god forbid, they lurk for even 1 thread before posting, they probably wouldn't be asking this over and over.
It's futile.
>>
File: sad-fat-man.jpg (99 KB, 1300x973)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
Okay /fit/, I am currently 184 pounds while being 5'10''. I'm relatively fit just have same noticeable belly fat(~skinny fat). I'm doing callisthenics and plan to cut another 20 pounds. I have shitty diet with occasional processed food, but calories and macros should be good.

Now the question, How do I regain/fix my sense of hunger? This year I noticed that I'm mainly eating out of habit, at the end of the day it's still around my TDEE, but I struggle losing more weight and even gaining it during occasional binge. Of course I feel hunger during insulin spikes and long fasts but normally I need to focus to feel it.

I'm starting to believe in /fat/ brain, like what the fuck that wasn't the issue in past. Also I kinda lost my sense of taste, I don't "remember" food taste after eating so it doesn't matter what I eat restaurant food or home food.

I feel like I need to address this issue, If I want to maintain good weight after cutting.
Did someone experience something like this? Is it even fixable? Any advice would help.
>>
>>51154207
>guy on the right
How do i zoidbergmode
>>
>>51155086
Make counting calories a habit. And once you've gone over, too bad, no more food allowed.

To support this, make sure that food is harder to reach. That way you're forced to think a little before you shove it all down your black hole.

Good luck! Can't help you with the second thing though. Sorry.
>>
I'm this close to giving in and eating fast food.
Help me, anons!
>>
>>51154207
Day 4 or 5 of 500 calories a day. Slept more last night, only woke to piss. Been pissing a lot. Shits are black liquid death today. Weight fluctuating from 220-228lbs. Only going to do this for a month or so, just trying to get to 200lbs at 6’1”.
>>
>>51155193
>lbs
speak in kg like a normal human
>>
>>51155228
>expecting an American to know kg
You’re a funny dude but also stop using made up units of weight
>>
>>51155130
Dont you do it
>>
>>51155130
If you do it you'll feel good for about 2 minutes, but you'll immediately regret it for the rest of the day and tomorrow you'll be thinking "shit, I wish I didn't eat that fast food"

Instead, be a guy who thinks to himself "thank god I didn't have fast food yesterday"
>>
>>51155113
I guess it's better to focus on the actual process and see if it help with my problems.

How do you track calories with not-so-clear food? For example, I'm eating at work and only know weight and dish name, Do I google it and try to figure out total calories? It triggers me to not know exact values. Any tracking is probably better than tracking approximate amount in my head.
>>
>>51155130
Go ahead and do it if you feel like being a weak bitch, do you wanna be that pussy and give in like that already?
>>
how much bloat will I lose if I stop doing creatine and protein powder?
>>
>>51155566
As much as it caused you to gain
>>
>>51155242
lmao just jokin american bro
but seriously speak in kg and metrics

>>51155251
ty bro

>>51155277
ty anon

>>51155548
lmao no thanks
>>
>>51155242
and kilos is more logical than lbs
its based on liter of water
>>
>>51155583
>>51155602
Hey I can always use google to convert it if someone needs it, but I’m just gonna use the units ive been using my whole life. If I moved out of America I’d just learn what I need to and stop using our weird measurements
>>
>>51155579
I don't remember how much that was though
>>
>>51155631
i know, just kiddin
>>
File: Untitled.png (87 KB, 197x201)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
My TDEE is 3200. My friend (a medical doctor, no shit) is telling me i should be eating 1500 at LEAST, and 2000 at best.

Ive been eating around 1200, losing 20 lbs a month. He said this is unhealthy and im being impatient. Hes afraid ill lose muscle and bone mass, as well as have a high chance of rebounding.

Thoughts?
>>
>>51155713
As long as you're not starving yourself every day go for it. But if you feel hungry all the time you are most likely gonna relapse sometime soon.

Otherwise fuck it, lose the pounds.
>>
>>51155634
Then why do you expect anyone else to know?
>>
>>51155713
You're friend is giving you conservative advice. Sounds like he's concerning about the sustainability of this. Have you ever had a history of yo-yoing back up after massive losses like this?
>>
File: IMG_20190405_002608.jpg (42 KB, 640x501)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>been texting a qt for a few days
>shes pretty into me
>we only exchanged pics of our faces so far
>starts sending me pics of her body
>she looks like your average cardio bunny
>wants my pics now
>i just started working out and im still skinnyfat/chubby and have gyno
Fuck lads, what do i do? I dont want her to run away after seeying me shirtless
>>
>>51155765
If someone stopped doing it and noticed how much they changed could tell me their experience
>>
>>51155713
600 pound life doctor immediately recommends 1200 for almost everyone doesn't he? You should be fine
>>
>>51155739
>>51155811
>>51155860
I started in February, been obese my whole adult life. I turn 30 this month.
Ive gone 4 months strong now, setting my cals so low, that when i do"cheat" im still often under my TDEE. Like going out for dinner or something.

Im not "starving" but i do get hungry after 6 or 7, ill sometimes have an apple or something. But its no painful or making my day miserable or effecting my sleep. So i just told him if it aint broke, dont fix it"

My doc said all my blood is good, just need more dietary fiber.
Im gonna tell him i appreciate the advice, but my current trajectory means ill be under 300 by fall.
>>
>>51155854
Oh okay. For me it’s noticeable, I lose about 5-10lbs of water weight. Bloat definitely goes down
>>
>>51155995
Thanks bro
>>
>>51155836
ghost her.
she'll think you thought she was ugly and remember you as the one she could never have.
>>
File: 1560172899695.jpg (124 KB, 736x960)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
are fitbits a meme?
>>
File: 1551188479958.jpg (103 KB, 1057x844)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>6'1" (186cm) - 275lbs (125kg)

That's it fellas, I'm about to start my journey.
I'm gonna buy a badass elliptical for cardio, some various cast iron weights + dumbbell + multifunction bench for strenght and I'm gonna drastically change my shitty eating habits. I will start counting calories and cut about a 15% of my TDEE.
It's gonna be fucking pain but I think it will be worth it. Aiming for at least a 30kg (65lbs) loss.

Any advice? other than kms thanks
>>
>>51156115
Remember that diet is for weight loss and working out is mostly to reduce muscle loss.
>>
>>51155968
Stay strong anon the world will be yours
>>
I just put some chicken in the oven. I hope it doesn't explode
>>
>>51156115
OMAD
>>
>>51155086
I'm 198, same height, I was hoping to cur down to 179 in about 6 weeks from now, how big is your belly fat, I was hoping it would be gone, but after 25 pounds lost my body hasn't changed much. I'm doing calisthenics 4 days a week, and OMAD diet.
>>
File: file.png (132 KB, 728x890)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
tfw birthday cheat day
>>
>>51156243
>intermittent fasting
Care to elaborate on this? I've seen it shilled quite a lot in a lot of places, how well does it work for obese fatfucks?
I heard it depends on how you do it, say 1 meal every 12 hours or even 1 every 24
>>
>>51156115
>going to unnecessarily turn my life upside down in a superhuman feat of willpower bros
>with the goal of being over 200lbs and still borderline obese because you know you dont have the willpower to cut to a respectable level
>right off the bat giving yourself exercise as an excuse to over eat
you'll last 5 days
>>
>>51156380
Idk I’m 6’1” 225lbs 5 days into 500 calories a day and still going. You should try being happier anon
>>
File: file.png (103 KB, 403x473)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
>>51156291
I can't tell if all the bullshit benefits you supposedly get from IF/OMAD are actually true, but as someone who has struggled with my weight, and food... I'm below 200 pounds (90kg) for the first time in YEARS. I only eat one meal a day clean foods only. Rice, veggies, chicken breast, ground turkey etc.

I drink a bunch of water, and really don't get hungry until the evening. I pretty much went into IF 16:8, and then OMAD, I'm 2 weeks into OMAD, and I feel great. I only eat once a day and I'm actually solid for 24 whole hours.

I pretty much did this cold turkey. And I was a fastfoodfag,sweetoothfag, and an overeating fag. When you exercise and actually count your calories, it really puts into perspective how we overweight people over eat.

>picrelated for progress

Should be down to 180 in six weeks, looking to flatten out as I stated in this post.>>51156265

I only post shit that I actually believe in, and so far, it is working.
>>
>>51155130
When you eat fast food, don’t think of the 50 lbs you want to lose, think of the 500 burgers you ate to put that 50 lbs on.
>>
>>51156432
That was literally a fucking fat femanon post bro, but unironically
>>
>>51156432
Remember that you'll regret any binge you ever do. Any slip, you'll regret.
>>
>>51155228
Fuck off, Euro-peon! Imperial ftw!
>>
>>51156477
Definitely. The day I hit 200lbs I’m gonna find my maintenance and then start dropping by 100 calories each week until I hit a 500 calorie deficit to cut the rest.
>>
File: 1558803402078.webm (1.03 MB, 264x360)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB WEBM
> /fat/
> people get angry if you don't speak in american
>>
>>51156380
>implying losing more than 60 pounds in the foreseeable future (a couple months) is healthy
>implying starting working out a little and eating clean is a superhuman feat of willpower
>implying I said I will overeat while exercising

What part of "counting calories" does your brainlet brain not understand?
>>
>>51155836
Just send a dick pic
>>
>>51156601
this
>>
File: Mommy.jpg (1.04 MB, 2771x3458)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>51154222
I made it, father. Once. I was down to 190, had visible abs, could run a mile in about 7 minutes. Then I got hurt and ended up in the hospital for 4 months. Absolutely plastered with pain pills. Gave me a pill addiction, broke my spirit and now i'm just... mired in depression. The accident really fucked with my head, so I've got some kind of bitch form of PTSD. I'm back at 250 and have been calling out of work pretty periodically for the last few months. I'll likely lose my job soon, but I just can't find the energy to get out of bed anymore. Literally waiting for something to kill me.
Forgive me father but i'm not gonna make it.
>>
>>51156432
He's being realistic. Most anons here never make it and >>51156115 has a very bad mentality. Losing weight is so fucking simple, you don't need extremely elaborated plans to do it. It's hard enough to push yourself trough the pain of eating under your TDEE to concern yourself over absurdly little details.

But most people in here already know this, and yet they do it anyway because they love self-sabotaging the fuck out of themselves and then drown on self-pity.
>>
>>51155130
>>
>>51156618
How tall are you? And you will make it again anon.
>>
>>51156557
>timescale is on a few months basis and not on the basis of the rest of your life
>going from doing nothing all day every day your whole life to consistently doing cardio and weight training over night doesn't require any willpower
>and at the same time, in your own words, /drastically/ changing your eating habits
You're doing pretty much everything jeff cavaleire warns you about against when trying to lose weight.
>>
>>51156734
6'3". I can't shake this fuckin' rut, my dude. Lost all the energy and will to go to the gym. Most of my gains were made in cocoon mode, 3rd shift, working 12 hour days and hitting the gym on my lunch and after work. On this normal schedule i'm just going through the motions - do the same thing every day, wait to die. I don't want to go back to my old gym because I literally un-made it. Having to see all those people I met over a year see me have to claw my way back up. Can't even squat right anymore, I'd have to live on the smith machine to put up any numbers. I am ashamed.
>>
>>51156618
It's all up to you. Pain pills are fucked up.
There's a reason they're the scourge of most of the country.
>Wherever you go, there you are
>How we spend our days is how we spend our lives
You're gonna have to motivate yourself on this one, but if you really want to get back to where you were, you can do it.
Otherwise, look at the sum of all the other people addicted to pain pills. Is that the path you want to go down?
Is just like being a fatty. What do you want more, another cheeseburger or to have a functional body?
Except in this case, what do you want more? A miserable criddler of a life, or a decent one?
Do what you're gonna do, anon.
>>
I did squats with almost parallel and narrow feet, and my hip started to hurt. So I changed to a wider stance with feet pointed outward, and now my knee hurts. What do?

I stretch and have lifting shoes.
>>
>>51154207
>cut to 199
>did SS
>up to 215
>diet for two weeks
>down to 210
>belt fits on the same notch as it did at 199

it works bros
>>
>>51155242
not sure if bait but all units are made up diptard
>>
>1.8 more lbs and I hit my goal weight
I'm gonna make it lads
>>
>>51156980
>pounds aren’t real
Fucking retard
>>
Starting a new job this Monday, recs for daily lunch? Right now I just have a sandwich to hold me over, but that's because I'm sedentary at home. Doing that at work sounds a bit depressing.
>>
>>51157585
>eating a sandwich at work sounds depressing
The fuck? What in the world do you think a "not depressing" lunch would be?
>>
>>51157585
NOT GONNA MAKE IT
>>51157304
Good shit, how much did you lose?
>>
>>51157585
eat your body fat, fag
>>
>>51157585
How the hell is that depressing. Just bring a sandwich and maybe s few crackers or salad. If it's that devastating to you, make your own chicken salad with a grilled chicken breast from the day before or something
>>
>>51156286
Hope you had a good birthday anon, get back on track tomorrow though
>>
>>51158060
>encouraging cheat days
What is the point? This is a lifestyle change, while I can understand not tracking for one day(being your birthday, as I do it myself.) I never cheat. The gains are too important.
>>
HOW DO I STOP SWEATING?
>>
>>51158343
Lose more weight and stop being in hot places.
>>
>>51154222
not really but fucked up my IF nd sleep and missed bjj n gym tiday
>>
>>51158391
I push carts in 110F weather and i come in drenched its really embarassing
>>
>>51156108
My wife has one, there's really not much you can do with a Fitbit that you can't do without one
>>
>>51154417
I've never had a loose skin problem but wearing a wife beater thats a good two sizes too small keeps me from jiggling while running
>>
>>51158493
There's fuck all you can do about that kind of weather. Your body sweats for a reason. Just keep up with your hygenie so you don't stink and anyone who gives a shit that you're sweating in 110F heat is a piece of shit who doesn't matter.
>>
>>51158493
This is actually one of the best things for fat loss. When I was 17 I worked at Publix begging and had cart duty 30 minutes each shift nearly everyday. I already cleaned my diet up and was doing cardio 3-4 days a week but that addition got me shredded
>>
>>51156876
Best thing to do is hire a coach.
Keep your knees out and your hips back when squatting, assuming you're doing low bar squats. With your feet at shoulder width and pointed slightly you, you *should* be doing low-bar squats.
>>
>>51155130
when I'm hungry I just think how that means my body is reforming itself
>>
>>51157967
And greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise, or at least to cut the mayonnaise.
Mayo is delicious but those calories are HNNGH
>>
>>51155836
take a pick of you pulling the neck of your shirt down to expose a single nipple and say "if you screenshot this I'll kill you" for your snap caption. fuck with the angle and lighting so you don't look like a lardass.
t. former skinnyfat
>>
>>51154222
Today I ate a cookie.
>>
>>51156115
give yourself a more ambitious goal because most self improvement journies are like a roller coaster and not a straight line.
>>
>>51156832
the ultimate redpill is realizing that literally no one gives a shit about you
>>
>>51158622
Using Greek yogurt made me realize he's fucking great that stuff is. Went from rarely eating it, to using it as dinner sometimes after my workouts for the macro gains
>>
File: 1559766554710.jpg (24 KB, 640x439)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>51158713
Just one?
Don't lie...
>>
I hate my fucking life
>178/86
>ribs are visible
>tits are massive
>thighs and calves are full of fat
>fat hanging from my arms
it's all so tiresome, man...
>>
>>51158570
>>51158589
based thank you anons
>>
File: 1517611693874.png (231 KB, 600x642)
231 KB
231 KB PNG
>>51159036
>148
>ribs visible and barrelchested
>clavicles defined as fuark since 170
>can flex pecs but tits dont move a centimeter sagging with fat
>bellyfat and if i stretch i get saggy skin to accompany it
>arm fat but the long vertical cep vein is starting to pop
>high cheekbones starting to pop but jawline is still shit with a bit of a double chin
>>
>>51154222
I've been good father.
>>
File: 1559687653140.jpg (10 KB, 233x216)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>51155713

Your friend is a retard. You could fast and not eat at all for a long time and be healthy. You just need salt water and potassium. Go read the /fast/ thread.
>>
>>51155713
Whatever "unhealthy" thing that kind of extreme diet does is certainly not more unhealthy than being over 300 pounds. Certainly a lot of people lose weight at that rate or more after going under bariatric surgery. You'll likely be fine.
>>
>>51159054
And to add, I live in south Florida whee it’s hot and humid basically year round. I would come back inside dripping. I’d always go to the bathroom to eat the sweat off my face and eventually started taking some 5 minute breaks in the stock dairy freezer to cool off. I was the only one who sweated that badly, but the entire time only an old ass bitchy New York jew lady had something to say about it, and that was when I first started. As I lost weight it definitely lessened.
>>
File: e31.png (342 KB, 600x624)
342 KB
342 KB PNG
>>51154207
>swimming is a great exercise for health and losing weight and leads to a good looking body
>too insecure from fat and stretch marks to be shirtless around people
>and also not enough money
>also nails are fucked up
>>51154222
>brother
>not big man/big fella
>>
>>51156108
Sorta, only buy on a 40~50% sale if you feel stronhly.
>>
>>51154222
I just had 320 Cal of chips (about 20 chips)
forgive me father
>>
>>51159032
Just one. It was a treat from a coworker.
>>
File: rinds.jpg (1.44 MB, 3199x2400)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
every so often reminder to take the RIND pill
>>
>>51159556
ok make that 480 Cal
I'm putting away the family sized bag of chips now
>>
>>51159706
One of the shittiest things you can eat. Ever wonder why manufacturers are forced by law to print "not a significant source of protein" on the nutrition label?
>>
>>51159706
These are honestly a good snack and a good replacement for chips. They have a great amount of protein, and good to eat when you have shit all time to cook. I like mixing chilli sauce and sour cream to dip them in. Good shit
>>
>>51159434
>wants to swim
>won’t swim cuz
>muh ugly, no wanna show bare chest in pool
>doesn’t know you can wear a rash guard or t-shirt while swimming
>and >>51158813
>>
>>51154207

I still cannot figure out how people can consume enough calories to get that fat. It feels like so much work to each that much. Are they just constantly drinking the calories?
>>
>>51159876
Yes
>>
You know when you do things like cut carbs,sugar,creatine and protein powder you lose some water weight? Does that cut into your bf% and make you look leaner or do you look the same just with less water?
>>
>>51159876
I didn't drink my calories and still got fat. It's easy when you're really fucking short and sedentary. Bread, cheese, and sweets get the job done without even needing to binge.
>>
>>51159876
I've never been over 200lbs, but I gained about 28lbs over 2 years by procastinating work through eating (I would eat as much as possible to avoid studying for exams and stuff). It was really stupid. I live pretty much next to Subway so I'd get a footlong with nachos every other day. I've since lost 19lbs of that, so I'm hoping to get back to that original weight soon. Never do what I did.
>>
>be me
>no, you have to be me
>fat
>drop 100 pounds in a year like nothing
>loose skin
>looser skin
>loose fucking skin everywhere
>still depressed
>still no confidence
>still think I'm fat
>now body looks like shit as well
>like a freak

how do i fix it guys
>>
>>51159988
literally surgery is your only option
>>
>>51159988
Therapy and/or surgery, probably. Tough it out. Work on improving other parts of your life. You're more than just your body, and you're probably depressed for more reasons than just your body. I highly recommend cognitive behavioral therapy.
>>
>>51159988
Plastic surgery.
>>
>>51154888
Try them my dudes
>>
>>51159988
gain the weight back and you'll not have lose skin anymore. ezpz
>>
>>51159988
I am also a former fat, ~250 down to ~160, I feel much better but despite all the muscle my naked body is horrendous to look at because of all the loose, stretched, damaged skin. This is the price you pay for getting fat, and you'll pay it for the rest of your life. I used to work with someone who lost a lot of weight and got skin surgery, he said it's better than nothing but his stomach and pace still look slightly melted and misshapen.
>>
>>51160077
*pecs not pace
>>
>>51159988
I have some loose skin at 80kg atm and I'm going to start a steroid cycle in july.
I hope to fill at least it out.
>>
>>51160019
>>51160044
>>51160077
no i dont want that. I cant even afford it
i should just go away, theres just no saving myself at this point
idk why i even tried, thanks guys
>>
>>51159988
If you build more muscle that might fill up some of the skin depending on how bad it is
>>
>>51158995
Honestly, I don't really like it at all. But the macros are good, and nonfat greek yogurt with a teaspoon of honey is a really solid breakfast that keeps me full for a long time.
So I eat it. (Resentfully.)
>>
>>51160093
Fasting should help
How much skin are we talking about?
>>
>>51160093
no one can afford it my guy, you just get a job and save for it
>>
>>51160119
Fasting, even dry fasting, does absolutely fucking nothing for loose skin. Tried it.
>>
>>51160077
Fuck I started at 255 and im concerned that im gonna get it real bad on my arms and pecs going for 160. What's your height for reference?
>>
>>51156108
NICE PIC
#SAVED
>>
>>51160119
>Fasting should help
When will this meme die?
>>
>>51160141
5'11"
>>
>>51159867
just because all the protons arent really usable doesnt mean its one of the shittiest things you can eat
they are still a great alternative if you cant stop eating chips
>>
>>51160097
its worst in my chest area and i dont think muscles get very big there, just looking at examples

>>51160119
the worst is where my stomach fat used to be, I can grab a full fingers length of it between my index and my thumb, like only 3/4 of an inch thick so it isnt still body fat. literally 6 extra inches of skin
>>
>>51160077
>>51160158
you have loose skin from 250 to 160 at 5'11?
are you talking kilo or lbs?
>>
>>51160177
lbs
>>
File: 917 - Y7tiQFK.jpg (5 KB, 200x193)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>51159988
>>51160077
>>
File: 1559690607810.jpg (40 KB, 677x605)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
I PUSH MY FINGERS INTO MY
>>
>fat-shamed by the 60 years old roastie who cleans shitter
Who should I kill?
>>
>>51160632
urself lmao
>>
>>51159988
100lbs wouldn't give you that much loose skin
I dropped 170 before and it was minimal
>>
I'll loose my skin cause they are already stretched
>>
Weighed approximately 250lbs last time I measured my weight two weeks ago. I've been going to the gym for a month now and I'm already noticing results. I try not to weigh myself very much as long as I'm eating right since weight by itself oscillates. My breathing improved significantly, more vascularity in my arms, and I'm feeling bones that I haven't felt in a very long time.

What really surprised me was the fact that I was able to see the vein behind my forearms while I was curling.

You'll thank yourself after finishing the first month at the gym, I know I did.
>>
>>51160696
depends how long you were fat, how quick you got fat, and the genetic lottery
>>
>>51160632
>60 years old
>cleans toilets
Her life is already bad enough. She's just being bitter towards you because she hates herself.
>>
>>51160460
EYEEEESSSSS
>>
>>51157818
>>51157852
>>51157895
>>51157967
I guess cause it's just a small sandwich with no side or anything. I figured it'd seem weird or something. My fat brain is used to a lunch in public being a bit more than just a single sandwich in a bag and nothing else, apparently. I suppose I'll just stick to the single sandwich or add a salad or something as suggested
>>
Holy shit sauerkraut is delicious. I have no clue why normies bitch about it when it's brought up. The only issue I really have with it is the high salt content but other than that it's something that I'm definitely going to incorporate into my diet from now on.
>>
>>51154417
underworks, microfiber concealer crew.
>>
>>51161361
>be me
>fatty fat who ate McDonalds in his car for 6 months every lunch
>decide to start losing weight
>buy frozen chicken and ready cook rice
>heat that shit up every day
>down 55 pounds
>nearly everyone at my office brings food because its cheaper and tastes better than the cafeteria

Anon, bring what you want. The only people I've judged over food are the assholes who reheat fish in the microwave.
>>
>>51161361
A salad and a 0 kcal drink is the best way to go to make it feel like a proper meal. Maybe a piece of fruit or some nuts too.
>>
>>51155713

>Rebounding

Takes just as long to gain as it does to lose. The reason most people get fat is because they gain a couple pounds here and there over the course of several years.

Just don't allow yourself to fuck up for an extended period of time again. A cheat meal or even a cheat week isn't going to turn you into a fatass again.
>>
>>51161522
Sauerkraut is the shit, I'm Russian and eat it all the time, try it with some duck or on a hot dog (although I don't really recommend the hot dog lol).
>>
>>51161634
Bratwurst with sauerkraut and mustard along with a pint of beer is godly
>>
>>51161800
Real mustard or the shit Americans eat?
>>
>>51161859
What do you think
>>
>>51161871
Hopefully the good shit
>>
File: 1553796383554.png (45 KB, 500x500)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
Binged and purged for the first time in weeks
>>
>>51161966
Don't do that shit again.
>>
just made and ate a buffalo chicken keto pizza, it was fucking orgasmic
>>
Do you guys track macros much? I'm trying to figure out what an optimal split is. Right now Its 40:30:30 Carbs Fats Protein since that puts me at around 135g of protein a day. I tried going lower on carbs but it made me feel like shit while I was working out and cutting.
>>
>>51162409
I don't care that much about macros. I make an effort to get a good amount of protein each day, but that's all the effort I can muster. Despite my current diet being less than optimal, I know it's a lot better than my fatass diet was.
>>
File: file.png (149 KB, 800x698)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
>>51154207
>swimming every other day
>gonna swim to an island and camp there
I didn't make the goal of looking beautiful, but I can finally go outside with just a t-shirt and enjoy life, even taking my shirt off to go swimming, thank you /fat/ you helped me
>>
>>51161966
checked
>>
>>51155713

Losing weight fast is what causes your skin to sag. Bottom fucking line. It's fine but if you want non-saggy skin you have to go slow (or not get fat in the first place, fatty). But that's the only negative really, assuming you're otherwise healthy.
>>
>>51162591
Getting too fat is what makes your skin loose. The speed of weight loss doesn't matter.
>>
i just want cheeseburgers mister lahey
>>
>>51161966
on what?
>>
>>51162734
typical fatboi shit. Chips and fast food
>>
Literally watching my 600 lb life right now
>>
>>51162767
kinda glad I don't have a car for the time being
can't just pop to the supermarket and bring home bags of junk

I've never been a believer in control freak methods. If you don't have the discipline to say no then you're only delaying the inevitable, because no matter how hard you try you can't limit your environment and your exposure to bad foods all the time.
I just need the peace of mind knowing that I can make the right choice.
>>
>>51162831
I dunno if you've tried it but meditating has helped abate a lot of my bad eating habits. It builds discipline which helps in all aspects of life but especially dieting/working out. Just didnt work out for me this time
>>
>>51162498
>going twink swimmer mode
did you come out yet?
>>
>>51154222
packed back 8kg in 6 months. Went back to gym today.
>>
>>51162843
in my head is not somewhere I want to be
>>
>change last 30 days: -17.0 lb
I'm actually mad. It would be fine if I wasn't 170 lbs as of right now. What the fuck am I losing because it sure as hell ain't fat?
>>
I only ate 900 cals today and I'm over 350 lbs.
Is this sustainable?
>>
>>51162772
This show is amazing for motivation. I always feel too nauseous to eat afterwards.
>>
>>51163036
the best person to answer that would be you
>>
>>51154791
>24 hours
>fast
Uh yeah, sure
>>
>>51154222
PERDÓNAME PADRE
I'm at the lowest weight I've been in years but I'm beginning to suspect my scales are off by 3-4kg. Going to the gym to weigh myself tomorrow.
>>
>>51163125
I just finished a 24 hour fast yesterday, and now I'm starting a 48.

>>51154791
Fast longer. Stop eating below your metabolic, that's dumb. Just fucking fast longer. Go buy potassium cloride, salt, and baking soda at your grocery store. Mix a teaspoon of potassium chloride and salt and half a teaspoon of baking soda per liter of water and drink it frequently through the day, maybe add a multivitamin.

And just fucking stop eating until you break your plateau or die.
>>
>>51156291
>>51156439
OMAD causes one insulin spike per day. You will lose fat the 2nd fastest by eating very low carb once a day.

You lose fat the fastest by fasting longer than one day. Fast for 3 days, eat (cleanly) until you feel stuffed, fast for 3 more days. Hell, you can even fucking eat mcdonalds until you're stuffed, if you can fast for 3 days you literally will not stop losing weight no matter what the fuck you eat.
>>
Give me advice on my workout routine?
>10 min elliptical for low-impact cardio warmup
then
>Shoulder Press
>Incline Press
>Chest Press
>Seated Dip
>High Row
>Abdominal Crunch
>Barbell Curls
>Leg Press
All at 3 sets of 12, all at 70lbs except the barbell at 60 and the leg press at 250.
I've definitely gained muscle and gotten stronger since I started in January, and am now going to the gym every other day rather than once or twice a week like I used to. Am still extremely fat at 275 lbs, but down from 320, and I'd like to think that some of that weight is new muscle so I've lost even more fat. What could I be doing better, though?
Also I want to get into doing chin-ups/pull-ups, but am obviously way too weak as is. What should I do to start training the muscles I'd need to do those so I can work up to it?
>>
Was hoping to get my brother on board with the whole weight loss journey but now he's eating even more.
>>
>>51163467
sounds like a crash diet
>>
>>51163657
The point of fasting isn't just to burn calories; otherwise traditional dieting would work because you could just eat 500 less calories per day, lose 1 pound per week, and then go back to your regular diet and maintain your low weight. Nobody actually achieves this because when you eat less calories over a long period of time, your base metabolic rate slows down (through mechanisms like converting brown fat to white fat, developing higher insulin resistance to keep glucose in the blood stream, etc). The genius of fasting, and why Cole is right, is because when people eat 3-6 meals a day their insulin levels never go down. As a result, their cells develop insulin resistance, and insulin resistance leads to higher levels of insulin being produced, a higher weight, and more insulin resistance. This is why type 2 diabetes is so correlated with fat people. When you fast, you have extremely low insulin levels, allowing your cells to become insulin sensitive again. If you eat low-carb when you break your fast, fasting again afterwards will continue to drive your insulin sensitivity up. Once you have normal insulin sensitivity and healthy levels of body fat, you can go back to eating in moderation, such as one meal a day, and you won't regain weight. If you do, you'll be able to quickly fix it because your body will be fat adapted and you'll be experienced at fasting, so you can reset your insulin sensitivity in a week.

Humans did not evolve to eat 3-6 square meals a day. Traditional hunter-gatherers would have extremely low caloric intake for extended periods of time, and then have a huge insulin spike from successfully making a kill, but the macros in that diet would lean more towards protein and fat. The fact that most modern food is highly processed grain, and that we never have low insulin levels, is why obesity is such a large problem now.
>>
>>51163609
>Also I want to get into doing chin-ups/pull-ups, but am obviously way too weak as is. What should I do to start training the muscles I'd need to do those so I can work up to it?
Put a chair underneath, start from the top position, slowly lower yourself. That's how I did it. Also some gyms have equipment that'll give you boost. They may have dip/pullup assist machine or some elastic bands that'll help you.

By the way, as you lose weight they get much easier! It's a nice confidence boost. If you can do a full pullup/chinup at 275, you can probably do it one handed at 180.
>>
I'm gonna keep IF as part of my life till the day I die. Just need to increase the eating window from OMAD to something casual like 16:8 at goal weight and I'm good.
>>
>>51163667
it still sounds like a crash diet, your pasta doesn't address this at all

and not that it has any relevance today, but cavemen didn't live on sabertooth tigers alone, they ate fruit, veg and rodents
>>
>>51163712
Pretty much. Not having to prepare and eat breakfast every morning before work gives me precious time back. I especially love OMAD because you can have a delicious filling meal every day and still hit your calorie/macro targets.
>>
>>51163740
I'm not the person you're replying to, but to me the nice thing about fasting is it is more disciplined than eating many meals over the day.

For example, once I start eating, I sometimes say "Oh yeah I'll take another bite of that", it's hard to tease myself with food and then stop myself. But when I fast it's "I'm not going to eat anything until next day" so it's easier for me to keep myself from getting tempted.
>>
>>51163779
power to you
>>
>>51163648
That's a bummer. I was hoping to get my mom on board, and she kinda is, but her boyfriend started actively sabotaging her and she has super low willpower so she might even be worse off than before.
>>
>>51156115

OMAD
I'm in day 12 and lost over ten pounds.
6'3" 245 from 255
It is very hard but you can do it. READ THE FASTING THREAD.
>>
>>51156631
>Losing weight is so fucking simple
amen
without a doubt the easiest part of getting in shape
the real challenge is what comes after
>>
>>51163799
Thank you.
>>
>>51163740
>fruits, veg and rodents
Those don't have a lot of calories. Try eating 5 oranges or apples, you'll still under 600-800 calories if you even get through it all. What makes you fat is being addicted to refined carbohydrates and sucrose which keeps your insulin levels permanently elevated.

>its a crash diet
You have to reverse years of damage to the insulin receptors all over your body. As long as you eat, you will have insulin spikes. Protein causes insulin spikes too, not just carbs. Even keto won't fix your insulin resistance problem if you don't reduce the frequency you eat.
>>
File: 1541904941875.jpg (60 KB, 1242x1241)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>taking pictures of myself
>put off losing weight to gain muscle and try to lose weight slowly
>built muscles but still look disgusting
i'm over it lads i'm going back to losing weight. i don't even care that i'm going to have loose skin i just want to be fucking skinny and fit.

today's meals are a big navel orange, 2 bananas for meal 1 and around 9.5 oz of tilapia with vegetables for meal 2. all within a 4 hour eating window.

i love you all and i hope we make it.
>>
File: dont eat me.jpg (171 KB, 1500x1121)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>51154222
I gain five pound one munt
>>
>>51163926
It's just a hormone, not a god.
No amount of rain dancing will change the weather, and no amount of insulin will change what you put in your mouth.
It's putting the cart before the horse.
>>
>>51156115
Cardio is almost worthless to lose weight, you'll burn more calories just standing in a cold pool for a couple hours watching youtube videos than grinding hours on the elliptical machine.

Fast. Definitely not more than 2 meals a day, one is better, going 48-72 hours without food is the best. Take a multivitamin and mix salt, potassium chloride, and baking soda in a gallon jug and drink it while you're fasting. Play video games or something to keep your mind off eating, hunger comes in waves so if you can make it through a wave you'll be good for a few more hours.

When you break your fast, eat ultra-low carb. No fruits or carbs of any kind, only leafy vegetables and meat. You don't need to add any more fat than necessary, you've got plenty of it already.

Buy the urine ketosis strips, when you get the darkest color on it, the diet is working.
>>
I'm done with here, I don't need it, nor does anybody
you're either soulless bastards or you're just gullible retards
either way I don't want anything to do with you, have fun bitching at each other for the rest of your unquestionably short lives
>>
>>51163990
>no amount of insulin will change what you put in your mouth
That's actually completely fucking wrong.
http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/16/1/21
>diabetics reduce calories by 300
>given extra insulin to reduce blood sugar
>they gain weight despite eating LESS

It's not fucking hard to see. Have you ever seen a skinny person drinking a diet soda? Artificial sweeteners cause insulin spikes even though there are no calories. Why do some many people who go through calorie restriction diets gain all their weight back and even more? Because their insulin resistance got worse, and so they have bigger insulin spikes. Why is obesity getting worse, even though Americans put so much effort into losing weight? Because the answer to every dieting question is "eat this" and "eat more", not "stop fucking eating".

Try it yourself, eat 6 meals a day and 1 meal a day with the same caloric value. You'll gain weight eating 6 times a day, and lose weight on 1 meal a day if you're even close to your TDEE.
>>
File: 1554204231122.jpg (66 KB, 254x1534)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>51164061
>>
>>51164084

Not him but I'm skinny and drink diet soda all the time. I use it as an appetite suppressant or a reward for not eating much. I also used to be much heavier

You're bro-sciencing out your ass.
>>
>>51164126
https://idmprogram.com/insulin-causes-weight-gain-hormonal-obesity-iv/

>i use it as an appetite suppressant or a reward for not eating much
>not eating much

Congrats on filling up on aspartame and building up your insulin resistance. You gon' get fat.
>>
File: mondays.webm (168 KB, 440x216)
168 KB
168 KB WEBM
Gonna go to the gym for the first time in ages. I want to go at like 6 AM so there will be less people in there. Should I just do some basic arm weight exercises?

Maybe try and do the cardio bike for a few miles?
>>
>>51164191

Been doing it for years and it hasn't happened yet.
>>
File: 1558250999157.png (24 KB, 211x316)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>51164084
All the thin guys at work drink full sugar soda and energy drinks all day in place of regular meals. I've lost nearly 60lbs sucking down diet soda like water.
There is certainly benefits to minimizing insulin spikes throughout the day, but you're coping if you think the benefits are not largely unrelated to weight loss.
>b-but muh skinny peepull dont drink diet soda
Reverse causation, fat people are more likely to drink diet soda because they're fat, they didn't become fat because they drink too much diet soda.
>diet soda causes insulin spikes
citation please, yourbrainonsucrose.biz is not a valid source
>>
>>51164385
>citation please
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/261179.php
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2887500
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892765/
you could have fucking googled it.

>i am losing weight
Congrats. What happens when you reach your target weight? You won't be able to eat more, because your body will have adjusted to the lower caloric load of your diet.

>benefits are not related to weight loss
Insulin causes cells to uptake fats, proteins, and sugars in the bloodstream. It is an anabolic hormone. If you have above resting levels of insulin in your bloodstream, it is necessarily more difficult for your fat cells to release fats into the bloodstream to be used by other cells. That means its harder to lose weight.

I don't understand why there is so much resistance to the simple idea that "if you don't eat, you lose weight; if you eat, it's harder to lose weight"
>>
>>51164084
Come on guys, the carbohydrate-insulin model was disproved. Imagine if insulin made it impossible to burn fat and artificial sweeteners spiked it - a fat man could starve to death in a matter of days if he drank nothing but diet coke.
Anyway, when they do carefully controlled studies where everything eaten is chosen by the researchers, the differences disappear.
https://www.nature.com/articles/ejcn2016260.epdf?no_publisher_access=1
>>
Why do you people reply to the legitimate autistic?
These threads used to be so good.
>>
>>51164026
>Cardio is almost worthless to lose weight, you'll burn more calories just standing in a cold pool for a couple hours watching youtube videos than grinding hours on the elliptical machine.
I disagree with this. It doesn't hurt to add 200-300 calories to what you'd burn standing in a cold pool or watching youtube videos.

Also, it's general improvement towards a more healthy lifestyle. Like if you maintain the "fat" mentality and just cut meals until you reach your goals you'll just go back to your original weight after you accomplish your goals.
>>
>>51164061
Good fuck off you whiny cunt, you wont be missed
>>
>>51164577
Can you give examples? Since we're all anonymous here, you don't need to hold back, you can literally refer to the posts you mean.
>>
>impulse buy a shitty chocolate waffle from a vending machine
>read the lable and see it's like 450 kcal
>feel bad just as a mediocre mouthful of vegetable fat and refined sugar makes itself felt in all of my body
>Only eat half
>Give the rest to two homeless dudes in the street
I might hate the housing boom cos it forces my friends to have to rent in places too far away from my city, but honestly, all the resulting weigh lose effect it's had on me is not too bad. I call this weight loss programme "bum fats".
>>
File: 1318117139001.png (28 KB, 645x773)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
Binged another bottle of mayo this morning. Going to punish myself to limiting my evening drink to diet coke. I don't deserve regular. I'll start fresh tomorow.
>>
>>51159988
Lift, get big enough for your skin without the fat part
>>
>>51154222
Went from 314lb to 267, fell off the wagon last month and am back to 276. Going to go to bed and starting back in the morning. Need to stop being such a fat fuck.
>>
>>51164716
H-how exactly did you binge your mayo, anon
You're sounding like an anti white twitter meme I swear to god
>>
>>51164716
Don't do I'll start fresh tomorrow, or I'll start fresh next monday. Start today and now. If you get used to delaying you'll always try to cover for it on another day.

Also binging on a bottle of mayo is kinda disgusting man. I mean eat a good meal with mayo as a condiment when binging.
>>
>>51164700
Good work anon. One small step at a time is all that matters. Next time, give away the whole thing.
>>
>>51164716
Unironically love these posts.
>>
>its already Thursday

I guess the week is blown. I'll start fresh on Monday. New me!
>>
>>51164565
>In contrast, carbohydrates were about 29% of the energy content of the RC diet with a mean absolute carbohydrate intake of about 140 g/d, which induced a substantial drop in 24hr insulin secretion. Thus, while the RC diet qualifies as a low-carbohydrate diet, it was clearly not a very low-carbohydrate diet which typically requires carbohydrates to be less than 50 g/d (Westman et al., 2007). Given the composition of the baseline diet, it was not possible to design an isocaloric very low-carbohydrate diet without also adding fat or protein. We decided against such an approach due to the difficulty in attributing any observed effects of the diet to the reduction in carbohydrate as opposed to the addition of fat or protein.
From: Calorie for calorie, dietary fat restriction results in more body fat loss than carbohydrate restriction in people with obesity
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4603544/
which is footnote 19 in your article where they say this disproves the carbohydrate-insulin model.

First of all, there is no mention of meal frequency in that study. There is no fucking point even doing keto if you're eating 6 small meals a day keeping your insulin levels spiked high from protein. Second, they didn't even reduce the damn carb load enough to even trigger ketosis, so the insulin spikes are just shuttling dietary fat right back into the fat cells whenever they ate.

>a fat man could starve to death if he drank nothing but diet coke
No, because when you have constantly high levels of insulin, your cells ADJUST to resist insulin so you don't fucking die. That's what builds up insulin resistance and is the fucking cause of diabetes. Your fat man drinking only diet coke will become diabetic. Sound familiar?

>>51164591
I suppose.
>>
>>51164764
Next step, buy everything on the vending machine and give it away to homeless people so no one gets fatty snacks.
>>
File: 1559483878350.png (18 KB, 637x588)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>51164558
>you could have fucking googled it.
It's not my job to prove your point for you.
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892765/
Does not mention insulin at all. Most everything in this is debunked by the reverse causation explanation.
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2887500
Rats. Meaningless.
>http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/early/2013/04/30/dc12-2221.abstract?sid=802a9949-c04c-4304-b31c-b78bc39f73d1
This is more compelling, I'd like to see it done with a wider variety of non-nutritive sweeteners.
Regardless, diet soda is still a million times better than regular soda by every metric.
>Congrats. What happens when you reach your target weight? You won't be able to eat more, because your body will have adjusted to the lower caloric load of your diet.
I'm going to eat at maintenance, why the fuck would I need to eat more than I need to eat?
>I don't understand why there is so much resistance to the simple idea that "if you don't eat, you lose weight; if you eat, it's harder to lose weight"
The only people who resist this fundamental fact are the autistic ketards and fastards. Eat less, weigh less, bottom line.
>>
>>51164776
I don't have time to read the full text, but if you check out table 1 in footnote 20, it addresses most of your concerns. I didn't see anything about meal frequency, but I just skimmed.
https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/104/2/324/4564649
>>
I tried so hard...
>>
>all this meming about fasting/insulin/keto/aspartame
fuck OFF /fat/ is a CICO safe space. Where people actually post their MFP results and progress pics.
If you want 2 boomers and 40 teenagers doing 24h fasts then binging afterwards, go back to /fast/
>>
>>51154222
I had a pizza yesterday which put me over my limit and had the leftovers which thankfully left me under and I could have a nice chicken breast with veggies for dinner.
Pizza is surprisingly not /that/ bad if you eat it by the slice rather than by the pie.
Defrosting some chicken tonight for lunch and dinner tomorrow.
>>
>>51164867
>a single cube of cheese
You have my interest
>>
>>51156108
It's a decent looking watch. Wish I could disable the fitness features honestly.
>>
File: boku.png (106 KB, 600x338)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
>>51162854
>twink
I never implied that
>>
>>51164867
who the fuck measures cheese in centimeters
>>
File: 1558571752917.jpg (41 KB, 241x248)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>51164885
noooooooooooo I have all these mental and physical issues because of evil insulin and carbs it's not because I'm 350lbs with no self control or foresight
>>
Is the nutrition information on Domino's website accurate? The pizza I built medium size comes up to 1600 calories. Considering how calorie dense their food is I'm having hard time believing it, but if it is true it'd fit into my one-meal-a-day plan. Do you think it's accurate?
>>
>>51164909
Now you've gotten me thinking of an autistic kid who has really specific requests about the geometric shapes his food comes in. Then he beats up his dad cos he can't make him a cucumber dodecahedron.
>>
>>51164944
Absolute pleb
>>
>>51164994
In my experience it's roughly accurate, but you'll be hungry as shit all day if you omad a pizza that size. That shit just evaporates the moment you swallow.
>>
File: S90613-06325674.jpg (89 KB, 720x831)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>51164944
>Not weighing your cheese in pic related
>>
>>51164994
>>51165019
I recommend having a soup with your pizza so it weights more on your stomach
>>
>>51165019
I think it'll be okay, I've done it before with medium size pizza from Domino's, I wasn't counting calories though.

I know there are better options for 1600 calories but sometimes I like eating fast food.
>>
How much does increased muscle mass actually affect TDEE? I have been strength training for a month now and want to keep going but am close to no longer fitting in my size 34 jeans. It seems a shame to start cutting now when I am making good progress. 5'11", ~210 pounds estimae since I try not to weigh myself and cause despair. Should I keep bulking or go for a cut? My diet strategy is to stick to a handful of high protein foods, especially Premiere Protein shakes and Greek yogurt.
>>
>>51165042
Yeah, I do it sometimes too. Nice treat. I just Chug a bunch of water with it and it's not too bad.

>>51165035
Good idea anon, it'll be more filling than plain water.
>>
>>51165042
Btw you're probably not doing brekkie at all but the good thing about pizza is how easy it is to dose, so if it can be an easy decision to just postpone eating that last slice and have it for breakfast the other day, feeling like a well-disciplined absolute king.
>>
>>51164842
>i'm going to eat at maintenance
So your diet never ends.

>eat less, weigh less
That's actually completely fucking wrong.
http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/16/1/21
>diabetics reduce calories by 300
>given extra insulin to reduce blood sugar
>they gain weight despite eating LESS

You motherfucking food addicts just refuse to acknowledge that not eating is not the same as eating less.

>>51164846
>we found that a carefully controlled isocaloric KD coincided with small increases in EE
>Seventeen overweight and obese men were confined to metabolic wards where they consumed a BD designed to represent a habitual high-carbohydrate intake for a 28-d run-in period followed by an isocaloric KD for an additional 28 d
>the same people, losing weight by dieting, lose slightly more weight in the last 4 weeks than the first 4 weeks

>>51164885
>>51164949
Degenerate food addicts.
>>
File: 87897.jpg (72 KB, 680x558)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>51164867
>Cubed centimeter of cheese
>>
>>51154704
Like the positivity
>>
File: 1559011014610.png (135 KB, 500x519)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
>>51165079
>So your diet never ends.
I'm not on a diet.
>http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/16/1/21
I'm not diabetic, I'm not taking insulin injections, I'm not one of the 14 people in your meme study, and I'm not defying physics and gaining weight, so you can shove your gay ass studies which say myself and everyone in this thread are some kind of medical anomaly, you meme dieting cultist retard.
>>
>>51165156
>I'm not on a diet.
Why are you even responding at this point? These people don't understand anything but meme diets, the idea of just eating like a normal person is something they can't understand. The forever fats that think they are eating normally when shoving all those pies into their face. They unironically believe thin people are always on some kind of faggot meme diet.
>>
>>51165156
>I've lost nearly 60lbs sucking down diet soda like water.
>I'm not on a diet.
Wait but... how did you lose weight if you aren't dieting? I thought CICO?

>asks for evidence that insulin causes weight gain despite precious CICO
>gets it
>chimps out

>i'm not taking insulin injections
yet :)
>>
>>51165203
>CICO
Not a diet.
>>
>>51165196
I couldn't just go to sleep knowing this fag was being wrong in my favorite thread
>>51165203
post body fastard
>>
>>51165059
>How much does increased muscle mass actually affect TDEE?
not much
I'd cut unless you're very muscular
>>
File: 1552984641132.jpg (102 KB, 723x549)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>51164944
literally NGMI
>>
key lime la croix is the best by far fuck you dont @ me
>>
File: 1555235713270.gif (1.56 MB, 540x501)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB GIF
>down 55+ pounds
>eating maybe 1500 cal a day, nothing past 7 o'clock ever
>started doing Saitama's 100/100/100 meme workout 3 days a week
>started swimming for 1/2 hour+ most days
>bought swim trunks 2 weeks ago in a size 46
>now at their tightest they still slide off as I go swimming
>had to replace underwear because they're too large and don't stay on

29 pounds till i'm finally sub 300, then the next goal is 280. If I push hard, 250 by early next year. It's slow, but all my friends I haven't seen in a while have said I look a lot better. Even co-workers who see me every day said they've noticed.

>feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>>51165458
la croix is retardedly overpriced. just get the store brand, or buy a soda stream.
>>
>>51165532
just dont be poor desu. eat less food, more budget for la lacroix also
>>
>>51165469
good work so far anon, you are making it
hit 30 lb and you lost 10% of your bodyweight
>>
>>51165469
Congrats.
>>
>>51165562
or I could spend my hard-earned money on more Asuka figurines instead of making some jew rich on his 4,000% markup on bubbly water.
>>
>>51155566
Why would you use those if you're a fatass? They're for spooky skellingtons who have trouble eating enough.
>>
non-fattie here with a genuine question
do you think your overeating is mostly connected to some kind of fucked up emotional/psychological state? like it's a coping mechanism for your low self esteem or whatever
>>
File: 1549594357049.jpg (105 KB, 1024x700)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>51165930
>i eat because i'm unhappy and i'm unhappy because i eat
takes hitting rock bottom to break the cycle
>>
>>51165469
Why would you do that retarded ‘workout’. Do a proper bw routine idiot
>>
>>51165469
Height?
>>
>Weigh myself in the morning
>95kg
>Weigh myself before sleep
>205lbs

???
>>
>>51165930
I just love food.
>>
I just realized how fast time has passed. I bought a scale on 4th of April and my weight was 106kg. This morning I weighed 87kg. My progress has been good so far despite all the plateaus. Im aiming to below 70kg and see how things look then. I have a strong feeling that the last 10kg are going to be slow. There is still much fat to lose and I started to do body weight workouts but it seems to take me time to recover, at least 2 days to fully recover.
>>
>>51166152
im gonna be real the last few pounds get hard because you let yourself make it hard.
if you approach those last 15 or so pounds with the confidence and determination you've seen through your previous weightloss then it should come off easily.
i've read a lot of posts here about people "about to make it" then becoming complacent and ruining the good streak they ran, happened to me too.

do not go back to over eating, keep your head straight. you know what you have to do keep losing, eat less and work out.
>>
>>51165532
>Wife doesn't like plain water because it's "boring", only drinks fizzy water
>Buy a Sodastream
>"When you run out of gas, just take the empty canister to a retailer and they'll swap it out for a full one"
>Enjoy fresh homemade soda
>Run out of gas
>Try and find a stockist that will do refills
>Nowhere anywhere near me does it
>Stuck with Sodastream that doesn't work

Thanks, (((Sodastream)))
>>
>>51165857
Not the guy you replied to but I'm dieting and drinking protein shakes so I can get near hit my protein target every day

100cal per drink, 20g of protein each time. Have one with breakfast, one around midday with a banana, and one before gym in the evening

I feel fuller than I did before I started, my energy levels are much nicer, and I'm lifting more weight than before

I'm maybe three weeks in to using it regularly and I'd say it's doing the trick for me. YMMV, of course
>>
>>51166171
Yeah the last few pounds are going to be difficult. I do omad and Im planning to do it until I reach the goal body and then see if I have to eat more than once a day to get enough energy to maintain my weight. If I keep losing weight on omad then I have to eat twice a day, which is unfortunate.

Omad is just amazing. The food tastes so much better and it's so much more rewarding to eat a good meal. Back when I ate "normally" the food was never this good and rewarding. The daily meal just tastes like heaven every day. I have no trouble eating once a day btw I dont think about food at all during the day.

Good luck to you fren
>>
>>51166195
>with a banana
>banana

Do you not want to lose weight?
>>
>>51165930
fatties generally get fat slowly. if you eat 500 calories extra per day, you'll be 300+ lbs in 2 years.
>>
>>51166214
Absolutely nothing wrong with eating a banana once a day
>>
File: 1549731953422.jpg (14 KB, 508x508)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>51166214
don't start that again
>>
>>51166227

Yes. Yes there is. No need for that many carbs/cals for no reason.
>>
>>51166152
Thats really fast weight loss. How much of a deficit were you running?
>>
>>51166225
Most fatties gain most of their weight in a discrete limited time period and then eat at maintenance for longer periods of time.
>>
Haven't eaten in about 16 hours but I've already fasted once this week and don't want to do it again. What I'm considering doing instead is to eat keto at a deficit for today and tomorrow. Opinions on this?
>>
>>51166316
Rubbish. As long as it fits in with your macros and within your calorie limit there's no issue here.
>>
>>51166389
Enjoy your heart disease
>>
>>51166412
Sure, whatever.
>>
>>51164026
>you'll burn more calories just standing in a cold pool for a couple hours watching youtube videos than grinding hours on the elliptical machine.

That's just plain retarded anon, stop giving advice
>>
>Been fasting and OMAD for the last month
>Very sure I'm finally down to 17-18% BF
>Get a medical checkup with one of those fancy body composition scans today
>20,6%BF

Fuck, another 6 weeks to go I guess
>>
>>51166344
I did omad and keto and never counted calories but if you are interested in that well I mostly ate 3-4 eggs and 100-250g of meat (fish, chicken, beef, pork, bacon etc) you can try to calculate how much that is
Never did exercise and only did walks
>>
>>51166484
He's not wrong. Your body will start to generate a lot of heat if it gets cold.
>>
>it's impossible to lose skin, even surgery can't make you look normal.
>only crazy women will want to sleep with you
>working out means at best you will live longer as a foreever alone freak who can never take his shirt off in public.
>gym bunnies who've never been fat deny this up and down this board, say people are just making excuses
>>
>>51166556
I think it takes as much as it took for the skin to stretch to return normal
It probably will look like shit for a couple years, but eventually it'll stabilize I think
That is if you keep your newfound lower weight for that long
>>
>>51166569
Yeah this is a myth that gets spread around but there's absolute zero evidence for it.
>>
Is there a difference between OMAD and 23/1 IF? Like does it matter what time of the day I eat if I only eat once anyway?
>>
>>51166585
How about literally every woman who ever had kids.
>>
>>51156439
Are you doing cardio as well or literally just omad
>>
>>51163036
No. Just eat 1,500. You'll be much happier and have a much lower chance of giving up.
>>
>>51166744
>>51166744
>>51166744
NEW THREAD
>>
>>51166495
Thats sub 1000 calories
>>
>>51159988
Shouldve fasted lol
>>
>>51154888
proud of you man

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.