[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1533856057360.png (750 KB, 1007x778)
750 KB
750 KB PNG
when did you switch from a full body routine with one on one off to a PPL/PHUL routine? Did you rid your linear gains 100% to the end with a FB or did you switch before.

currently doing 1 day on one day off (homegym, Full body) so i can work out every day of the week if i wanted and i do but i still respect rest days. but i really want to start doing a PPL routine since squating is gay as fuck and i just want to be aethetic. Ive been at it for about 5 months now
>>
ok
>>
>>50804902
ppl is a meme. if you unironically dont care about legs and just want an aesthetic upper body. train upper body 5x a week using mike isreatels videos on frequency for different muscle groups
>>
>>50804902
Lurking
>>
>>50804940
post body
>>
>>50804902
You better still be squatting on PPL but routine literally doesn't matter. It's just whatever routine fits your schedule and can fit the exercises you want to do.
>>
>>50804958
only squat twice a week instead of 3-4 times a week with PPL
>>
File: 20180927_141611.jpg (2.5 MB, 4128x2322)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB JPG
>>50804953
why?
>>
>>50804940
>mike isreatels
I don't know why but my gut instinct tells not to trust this guy. It's something about his name.....
>>
>>50804971
hes one of the good ones anon
>>
>>50804966
gross
>>
>>50804902
if you don't want bigger legs then why are you focusing on squatting?

if you want aesthetics, the quickest way there is by LP and then switching to something more tailored to that goal. LP is your quickest way to almost everything and not milking it for every ounce its worth is willingly leaving muscle on the table.

now let's imagine your goals are upper body aesthetics. LP your way for the maximum mass gains. imagine this has run out for your bench and row or some shit but your squats are still going up every week. don't want big legs or a high squat? great, move on to accomplish your goals by doing PHUL or whatever you want. literally why would you not do this?
>>
>>50804965
I was squatting twice a week on full body. I refuse to deadlift and squat on the same day just for casual training.
>>
>>50804979
that was a joke. No one really believes all jews are bad, just soros types.
>>
>>50805001
>LP is your quickest way to almost everything and not milking it for every ounce its worth is willingly leaving muscle on the table.
Thanks. So just keep doing GSLP until the linear gains wear off? I've been adding 2.5kg to my lifts every week consistently so just keep this up with 2.5-5.0kg per week until i cant anymoe then switch to something new?
>>
>>50805001
LP isn't a routine. You don't have to 3 day full body to use LP.
>>
File: 1556745217073.png (237 KB, 564x587)
237 KB
237 KB PNG
>>50804985
imagine rudeposting someone giving you good advice
>>
>>50804902
I just switched to PPL and don't know what to think about it. definitely more volume when working out 6 days a week.
>>
>>50805023
If it works, stick with it. It sucks when the easy novice progression stops and you try 4 exercises to add more attention to your weak points and it still doesn't go up.
>>
>>50805031
just sayin i think you look gross thats my advice for your advice
>>
>>50805058
I dont really care tbqhwyfam
>>
>>50805065
then you know how i feel about yoru dissmisal of ppl
>>
>>50805071
yeah but my dismissal of ppl is based on exercise science, youre bullying is based on twink cope
>>
>>50805028
i know, LP is a means to milking gains. i prefer to call it the accelerated growth potential phase because that makes people actually want to do it, instead of the novice phase because as soon as they hear that they want nothing to do with it
>>
>>50805088
>exercise science
sure
>>
>>50805088
>exercise science
Oh, we got a scientist here. kek

>>50805099
That's the truth. I'll admit that 3 day is still GOAT for that phase since you get to do the upperbody lifts more frequently (with no fatigue so no heavy press + bench press on the same day.)

It's the people that shit on routines that have no obvious issues that frustrate me. At that level it's just about eating, sleeping and training hard and consistently towards your own goals yet virgins on here need to treat it like build metas in an MMO. Your scheduling is the least important part.
>>
Is this routine ok? Newbie here,doing SS for 2 months
>>
>>50805175
i agree 100%. i call it LP instead of SS, SL etc because italmost doesn't matter at all which one you pick. in my opinion the point of an LP routine should be to build consistency and learn basic movements as a secondary goal to the obvious primary goal of milking strength and mass gains as quickly as possible. keeping it trim and doable in 30-45 minutes can improve adherence and build consistency habits, which is good. some people are eager to do curls, extensions etc, and if it keeps them going to the gym more consistently then i say that's the thing to do for them.
>>
Just stay on full body. It's objectively superior in every way.
>>
>>50805175
if you do a ppl youre at most working each movement/muscle 2x a week, when most upper body muscles benefit from higher frequency. youre a luddite retard for defending ppl by saying "hurr durr thinking is gay bros just do whatever lol" kys
>>
>>50805220
i'd say that unless you're strong/late intermediate, then replace those cable moves with heavier lifts. cable triceps just aren't going to cause a ton of damage in comparison to something like dips or close bench.

also, drop leg extensions and leg curls entirely. only advanced bodybuilders will ever need these. if you find your legs lacking, add more squats and deadlift variations.
>>
>>50805220
Dont switch to an intermidiate routine until you are an actual intermediate. 2 months is way to short to switch. Stick with SS or greyskull and keep your diet in check for a while
>>
>>50805238
good luck getting in any decent volume with full body. after benching and squatting exercises, you're just not going to be able to do anything with meaningful weights (unless you're a beginner).
>>
>>50805220
You don't need hypertrophy days that early in, nor do you need a shit load of variants. Just stick to SS and add a couple accessories if you want. Doing more isn't going to make you grow faster at that stage. It's easier to eat right when you're not burning extra calories from the increased lifting as well.

>>50805245
If that logic was correct German volume training 7x a week should be noticeably better than everything else. Which it isn't so kys desu senpai, instead of trying to scare linear progressing people into program hopping.
>>
>>50805282
>if one extreme is bad the other extreme is good
no. different muscle groups benifti from different frequencies, from 2x to 4 or even 5x, none from 7x. just doing 2x for everything garuntees youll be undertraining

and Im not trying to get people to program hop. Im saying once youre done with lp, DONT do ppl, do something better
>>
>>50805282
he's right about the frequency thing though. there's no natty out there who couldn't benefit from doing rear/side delts, biceps and abs 4 times a week or even more. i think the back and chest could even be hit 3 times without problems for most, if one of those days was relatively lighter and focused more on contractions, higher reps, DB/cable exercises etc.
>>
>>50805342
this is exactly what I meant and why ppl is shit
>>
Thoughts on this https://jcdfitness.com/2009/01/lyle-mcdonalds-bulking-routine/ for someone who can do 6 days a week
>>
And what program do you do AFTER 4 day split like PHUL if you want to focus on size for a few months? DId upper lower splits for about two years.
>>
>>50805329
I don't even need to read your post. If you think there is a secret routine that gives better gains, let us know that you found the holy grail. As far as I've seen there's been no major conclusions that there is a dramatic difference between the 2x and >2x groups in those bullshit studies that don't control diet, rest or test.

>>50805342
What is proven to work is 2x frequency heavy lifting every week with a focus on steadily increasing the weight. To say a routine that follows that is "wrong" is just stupid.

I don't care what people do after their LP is over but saying novices need waste their time doing 4 different side delt exercises 5x a week has no idea what they're talking about and is just regurgitating T-nation articles. After LP you do whatever your goals are. There is no proven difference that is so major that every tested routine is shit compared to your 7x bicep sessions.

If you think doing the same muscle 5x a week is going to get that muscle strong 5x as quick go ahead and believe in it. Good luck and keep contributing the program hopping on this board.
>>
File: 531bbb.png (102 KB, 950x1931)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
>>50805220
Do 531 BBB. The 5x10 of the main lift is all you need to grow after the 531 sets.
>>
>>50805031
based and nicepilled
>>
>>50804940
Or you could just at squats and glute thrusts to non leg days.
>>
I'll go ahead and ask: I've been lifting for some time but I'm a weak underweight fuck. I want to get strong and I'm looking for a 3 day full body routine to start in June. I was thinking about Phraks. Is it any good?
>>
>>50804902
i did greyskull for like 10 months and i grew a bit but not much at all, 3 monts later and losing almost all my gains i started ppl, and 2 months in my arms are bigger than after greyskull
>>
File: Screenshot_37.png (30 KB, 1388x353)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>
File: PPL.png (76 KB, 1406x617)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
>>
>>50807309
post body
>>
>>50804902
I would answer your question but I'm literally too stunned by this image.
>>
>>50804902
>>50805220
>>50805001
>>50805023

Routines are damn near useless. What you want is an actual fucking program with a progression scheme, deload protocol, and maybe some periodization. A fucking 5 year old could pick a bunch of shoulder exercises and say, "do these on Monday...5x10" and BAM you've got a routine, not a well thought out one obviously.

If you want to get stronger/bigger, you have to PROGRESS. That means doing one or more of the following: adding more weight, more sets, more reps, taking less rest, increase/decrease in bar speed.

If you're on GSLP, SS, SL or whatever else that has you progressing at a given interval and you're seeing results...then don't fucking change a thing unless you're getting injured/failing lifts frequently.
>>
>>50804902
What is the red circle for, someone tell me please!
>>
>>50808592
supposed to represent vitiligo coming to finish what he started with the woman on the left
>>
>>50808531
Whoa slow down with the actual advice and get back to shitposting.
>>
>>50808616
What are you talking about? Be more specific
>>
>>50804940
If you trained full body to start out with your legs should be your strong point since legs are literally the easiest body part to add mass to, and once you have pretty developed legs you really dont need to train them more than once a week unless your goals include having tree trunks
>>
>>50808640
Vitiligio is a skin disease that affects black people where their skin turns white. You get it from shit like paying your taxes and staying out of prison. Clearly the woman on the left has it while the people on the right (meant to represent "The Hood") are trying to prevent her from succumbing to whiteness. Overall, it's a depiction of crabs in a bucket.
>>
>>50805045
I got burnt out after like 3 months doing ppl, your diet, rest, etc. has to be super on point to do that shit natty. Now i do a upper/lower split, upper 3x a week and lower 1x a week. Fits my goals and i enjoy the gym again
>>
>>50804902
wait hold the fucking phone...I thought their excuse for changing the color of characters in media was because they said cinema, videogames, books and comics were dominated by white people who wouldnt allow blacks in on it.
whats their excuse for stealing the creative works of an actual artist from way back instead of actually trying to be creative for once?
>>
>>50808711
>blacks
>stealing

That's their nature anon.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.