[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>39.8% (2015-2016) of adult Americans are Obese, and 71.6% (2015-2016) of adult Americans are at least overweight (wtf?!!)

Is it going to get worse? Can the Obesity epidemic actually be defeated without extreme Authoritarian measures? What do you think should be done about it? What are the long term consequences of so many people being obese? The upside is that the standard of looking good is now much lower but still... This is awful.
>>
>>50804277
>>
>>50804277
Bump.
>>
it's really just an after effect of capitalism. Business needs profit > invest > need to pay back loan (shareholders) > need growth > sell sugar > people love cheap sugar > get addicted, buy more > feel bad coz fat > buy magazine that sais it's ok because beautiful lie better than hurtful truth > get more addicted > business grows, needs to invest more > gets loan > sugar still more lucratuve than healthy. It's a vicious circle. Capitalism was great for 40 years after WW2 but coupled with market finance and with media for profit it's detrimental to society as a whole. On top of that people don't need to be smart and reproduce more when they aren't. The MRI invented by a MIT person who busted his ass is still going to save em. The world is fucked.
>>
>>50804438
I'm aware this is very poorly worded but I'm on my phone taking a shit
>>
They could eliminate obesity the same way they eliminated smoking.

Government warnings and taxes.

For some reason the government does the exact opposite. They subsidize unhealthy food like corn while telling people to eat a low fat high carb diet which causes obesity.
>>
>>50804438
Sugar is not addictive and sugar does not make people fat. Actually, people with a taste preference for sugar are least likely to be fat whereas people with a taste preference for fat are most likely to be fat. In addition, people who report "food addiction" report addiction to high-fat foods in 95% of cases and low-fat foods in no more than 5% of cases irrespective of sugar content, indicating that dietary fat has a greater capacity to promote "addictive" behavior, although "addiction" is a dumb term to use in this context.
Sugar also isn't lucrative as you claim, it's very cheap and low profit-margin.
And it is not capitalism that causes obesity, as obesity occurs in any context where people switch to high-fat diets, including small tribes that have no political-economic system as such.
>>
File: 1557041730525.png (1.07 MB, 1080x1920)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
>>50804284
>>50804295
>Miss Piggy arm tattoo
>>
>>50804277
When I became overweight I had abs. When I became obese I was chubby. But I get that the usual is dyel
>>
>>50804277
>What is the endgame of the Obesity Epidemic?
We're already at the endgame.
Obese humans outnumber both normal people and simply overweight people, who are not obese.

This means the norm is now obesity. We're no longer normal. We are what the obese were 30 years ago. Weird things that you laughed at.
>>
There is no endgame. When there is excess food, you should eat lots of it so you won't starve during the lean times. The lean times will never come, obviously, but your lizard brain doesn't know that. Obesity is a perfectly natural consequence of the current situation and it will continue to get worse and worse forever, until we figure out how to cure it chemically.

But you could do this:
1. provide a comprehensive "how to fitness" self-service program laying out how CICO works and how to exercise, complete with government website and etc. to make accessing accurate, trustworthy, and useful information as easy as possible for normies
2. put out an app that combines workout tracking, calorie counting, and body stat tracking. free and no ads, of course. maybe optionally do a cross-departmental link to healthcare provider services as well
3. spend a shitton on advertising all of the above. run grassroots events out of community fitness partners, medical centres, etc., but also get shit on TV, radio, social media, etc. the goal is to make people aware of all these resources, but also create communities that people can be a part of to get fit together and make friends
4. subsidised gym memberships, under a similar program as bulk billing for healthcare (for our yankee friends, that means that the government pays a set contribution to your healthcare per item. most doctors only charge the amount of this contribution, so the patient has no expenses (bulk billing). private doctors charge more and the patient has to cover the difference).
5. rejigger personal training and gym certification programs to attempt to do away with non-exercise "fitness" things like yoga. not eliminate them, but add real fitness components to them and prevent the ones that don't have those components from advertising themselves as fitness. basically try to funnel people who are doing non-fitness programs into more serious fitness programs.
6. make childhood obesity child abuse
>>
File: jaffe-memo-screen-shot.png (289 KB, 719x460)
289 KB
289 KB PNG
Check this out. This is a memo that a VP of Planned Parenthood sent to the leader of the Population Council back in 1969 about what they could do about the "population explosion." Remember around this time they had movies like "Onions Green" so this was kind of like their climate change.

I would say that it might be tinfoil to suggest that a conspiracy creates or encourages a problem but once that problem is known to everyone it is conspicuous when very little is done to combat it.
Hell, I don't think "Fat Acceptance" is organic I think there is big money behind that.
>>
>>50804503
>Sugar is not addictive and sugar does not make people fat
>>
>>50804491
A sugar tax has already been tried in a number of countries and had no effect each time because sugar does not make people fat. Denmark had a saturated fat tax in the past which has been shown to reduce obesity and cardiovascular disease risk markers. However the Danish saturated fat tax was abolished due to industry pressure from high-fat industries such as dairy.
So while government intervention could surely improve people's health status and reduce obesity, such efforts are unlikely to yield results in the contemporary climate of pseudoscience and corruption.
>>
>>50804562
>sugar does not make people fat

The largest chunk of the reason I am overweight right now is I like my carbonated diabetes and without fail fatties chug that shit.
It would be astonishing if sugar did not play a large part in their obesity.
>>
>>50804562
You dumb nigger nor saturated fat nor sugar cause weight gain for themselves, the debates are about how healthy they are, weight loss/gain is still only determined by CICO
>>
>>50804277
America already lost. At the very least it can only get better.
>>
>>50804648
Every western country teaches children math and it'd be so fucking easy just to slip some calorie counting lessons into those.
That they don't and that even home ec and health classes avoid doing that
(At least mine did, I took both and never had this taught to me.) makes me think they want us to be fat cunts.
>>
>>50804277
The endgame is a nation ripe with people too fat or lazy or incapable of resistance to government control but will gladly support the institutions they think are supporting them.

I mean really what percentage of people in the US own guns, are fit enough to defend themselves and others and bright enough to think for themselves? It is a smaller group every day.
>>
>>50804277
Death?
No seriously, obesity is the slowest and most painful way of self harm. Literally a problem you CAN run away from.

But in all seriousness. Obesity leads to early graves so a cosumer base that cosumes a lot and often and dies off but creates other generations of consumers that do the same.

Profit thru slow death?
>>
File: a30_2.jpg (148 KB, 645x608)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>50804277
39.8% obese + 71.6% overweight
=> 111,4%

>mfw belonging to the -11.4% who are normal weight
>>
>>50804784
>obese people aren't overweight
are you retarded?
>>
>>50804772
This desu, same game tobacco companies have been playing for decades.
Also good to note while we're on a bout fitness conspiracies that the nofap craze is a long game tos ell more adult diapers as weak unused pelvic floor muscles lead to incontinence later in life.
>>
>>50804277
>What is the endgame of the Obesity Epidemic
burger caust.
>>
>>50804277
people just live too good lives these days.
>>
>>50804803
Masturbation is a mortal sin. You're supposed to get off by fucking your wife.
>>
>>50804277
>What is the endgame of the Obesity Epidemic?
Like everything else, trannies, feminists, numale and any other shit like that just serve one and only purpose:
While the mentally ill are filtering themselves out of humanity, the strong will keep civilisation going, it all make sense when you know that humanity should have been maintained under 500 millions.
>>
>>50804438
It's more than just that. Capitalism need to appeal to increasingly niche demographics since we no longer have a monoculture. Fat people are a huge demographic and so they are a marketed towards. Except if you want to keep making profit you can't help them lose weight because if you did, well there goes your market. So instead you market body positivity and position consumer choices as empowering.

You can see this repeated and attempted with many other demographics, to varying degrees of success. For example, the new Burger King "unhappy meals." Rather than addressing mental health issues, market to them. The funniest version of this is the microtargeted facebook shirts that say shit like "don't fuck with a redheaded single mom who loves harry potter and drives a durango."
>>
>>50804491
i think its bad analogy because we need food to survive while we don't need nicotine. You don't need to moderate nicotine intake, you can just stop consuming it. You can't stop consuming food.
>>
>>50804295
>why i vetted my wife's affair.
>Is success an illness?
>56 reasons why sitting on your couch stoned will make you happy!
>>
>>50804554
this is messued up man, it's so messed up i have no words.
>>
>>50804834
Or you could market fitness products to them.

Your halfwit analysis is retarded. The fitness industry is massive and growing. Capitalism isn't to blame. The innate flaws of human beings are to blame. Humans are always trying to get fat - it's what we're wired to do. Anyone who doesn't actively try to not be fat will end up fat automatically, and fatter every year.

The simple fact is that not everyone is actively trying to not be fat. Most people aren't. Why? Because most people don't see the value of fitness.

Curing the obesity epidemic is about making people see the value of fitness in their personal lives so that they make the decision to not be fat and put in the effort - and then supporting them, so that the effort required of them is minimal and the experience in enjoyable.
>>
File: Untitled.png (200 KB, 500x503)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
>>50804277
fat people are lazy and choose the easier option
shocker
>>
i actually think that fatties aren't always to blame. if you open up a women's magazine, type in google how to lose weight, take advice from randos from the office etc, there'a s 95% chance you're going to be told a heap of nonsense that won't help you lose weight one jot. it's an education problem.

as much as i think meme diets like IF can be ok, ultimately any organized method of eating with a brand name slapped on it, regardless of how effective it is, is harmful to this idea. people think of dieting as a time when they eat like X, when they would normally eat like Y. this compartmentalization is, in my opinion, the root of the problem.

there's also the issue of willpower. willpower is highly genetically determined and instead of berating those who don't have it, we should be encouraging small steps. giving a fatty a diet of timed meals on IF is fucking stupid.

there's some hopefully helpful ramblings.
>>
>>50804825
if "elites" really wanted to cul population they would focus their efforts on africa and china. Instead billions are sent to africa which only encaurage population growth.
>>
>>50804862
>Capitalism isn't to blame. The innate flaws of human beings are to blame
same could apply to comunism, bucko.
>>
>>50804862
>Or you could market fitness products to them.
The business model of every commercial gym is literally selling more memberships than they can actually use.

>The simple fact is that not everyone is actively trying to not be fat.
Citation needed. Calling something a fact doesn't make it true, retard.
>>
>>50804892
It does.

>>50804894
Not being fat is so easy that the only way people can fail at it is by not trying. Most people are fat, therefore most people are not trying.
>>
File: micr0.jpg (6 KB, 216x233)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>50804503
>Sugar is not addictive and sugar does not make people fat.

Stopped reading there.
>>
>>50804910
most people ARE trying. further, many who aren not trying are maintaining a healthy weight and never gain a pound.

genetics is a big one here. we all know skinny people who eat like shit and hardly have any self control at all. we all also know people who seem to constantly be trying to fight it yet never lose weight.

they have to be trying HARD ENOUGH. that's the key difference. for most that's completely achievable, but for some that is painfully difficult.
>>
>>50804882
testimony from bariatric patients can attest to this
>I tried every diet and none of them worked
There's only one diet, and an infinite number of variations of it
If that didn't work then it's because the variation you selected was too demanding
>>
>>50804910
>Not being fat is so easy that the only way people can fail at it is by not trying. Most people are fat, therefore most people are not trying.
Most people don't understand how to lose weight properly. Every normie has completely fucking retarded ideas about how the human body works and what is necessary to lose weight, etc. That's why people think you go into "starvation mode" if you skip a meal. The problem is lack of education and there's no drive to improve that because fat stupid people make better consumers.
>>
>>50804945
>most people ARE trying
Nah, most people are vaguely concerned about it the two or three times a year that they have occasion to remember it.

>many who aren not trying are maintaining a healthy weight and never gain a pound.
Nah. The typical Amerifat gains about a pound a year, which adds up over a lifetime. This rate is accelerating.

>>50804961
>Most people don't understand how to lose weight properly.
5 seconds of research would cure their delusions.
>>
>>50804936
Humans evolved to eat tons of sugar due to evolutionary history of fruit, mediated by FGF21 hormone among others
https://www.cell.com/cell-metabolism/fulltext/S1550-4131(17)30214-0
FGF21 clears fatty liver
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4908383/
Improves body composition and insulin sensitivity
https://www.cell.com/cell-metabolism/pdfExtended/S1550-4131(16)30445-4
Sugar improves gains and reduces cortisol
https://www.ergo-log.com/musclefibresgatorade.html
reduces stress response and cortisol
https://www.functionalps.com/blog/2011/02/04/sugar-sucrose-restrains-the-stress-hormone-system/
>>
File: 1546408882980.png (88 KB, 607x655)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>>50804883
>focus their efforts on africa and china
Don't forget india
>Instead billions are sent to africa which only encaurage population growth.
I like to think that those billions may serve a purpose: Creating more slaves out of those populations by putting them in undearable debt, sending them out of their countries without education as disposable resources, watch how they're treated by arabs in the middle east, they litteraly serve as slaves.
I'm probably delusional but I want to see the glass half full
>>
>>50804977
you seem very sure of yourself.

the main point which you missed was that people have to exert their discipline to different extents. some people are naturally inclined towards weight gain for a variety of reasons, and the same goes for the opposite (think of eugene at the gym who "can't gain weight" yet has to only cut carbs for 2 weeks to get shredded). there's a highly genetic variability that we know exists now. it's not cut and dry.

fatties struggle with adherence and part of that is inevitably because they're on the wrong side of the normal distribution. another big factor i haven't mentioned is poor dietary education, which is another issue completely.
>>
I don't see any long term consequence appart form the fact that birth rates will drop tremendously for America and the UK which is a good thing since they both need ethnic cleansing. On a more serious note, Europeans and Americans are more prone to being fat since it's promoted in the media and I'm scared China won't hesitate taking over the world as they just could gun down lazy fat people
>>
>>50805059
i wouldn't worry about it. lazy fat nerds are the future of modern warfare, controlling drones with xbox controllers programmed by /r9k/ types from their basements.
>>
>>50804883
They are.
eg. Bill Gates saying his vaccination programs will DECREASE the African population.
>>
>>50804277
Unironically ban soda, or at least put a massive tax on in so people can't afford it in large quantities. Soda is probably the main culprit behind obesity
>t. went from fat to auschwitz just by quitting soda, no other changes to diet or lifestyle
>>
>>50804277
>>50804277
>Is it going to get worse?
I hope so, people who won't be able to control themsleves will have to get put down because of their miserable state
>Can the Obesity epidemic actually be defeated without extreme Authoritarian measures?
No need to defeat it, on the contrary keep feeding them until they die from heart failure or suicide
>What do you think should be done about it?
Nothing
>What are the long term consequences of so many people being obese?
They won't be able to reproduce
>The upside is that the standard of looking good is now much lower but still... This is awful
I don't care about peole who can't control their urges and you shouldn't either
>>
>>50804503
You’re either a terrible troll, or mentally retarded
>>
>>50805076
>Unironically ban soda, or at least put a massive tax on in so people can't afford it in large quantities
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugary_drink_tax
>A sugary drink tax or soda tax is a tax or surcharge designed to reduce consumption of drinks with added sugar. Drinks covered under a soda tax often include carbonated soft drinks, sports drinks and energy drinks.
>>
long term? , here is what i think.
people might tell you that they are responsible for themself and all , but once they start to get sick , need help from the goverment , start leeching on resources to take care of them it kinda screws the ones that are making effort not to become a fat ass.

people that are responsible not only need to be responsible for themselfs but for others to.
more fat people = more sick people = more money goes on healthcare = more taxes you pay.

this way people that are not taking care of themself actaully screw you over.

when i think about it about 90% of the people i see above 50 are overweight , and i dont mean just "oh i am overweight" , they are on a life long journy of screwing their health.

then what you get is bunch of old . fat , sick , disabled usless people , oh but we have to take care of them... so you must work harder also for them.

honestly i say screw them if some one LET himself to detiriorate to this point , might as well just let them die at the side of the road.

sorry thats nature
>>
>>50805076
>ban soda
if they wanted to be healthy they wouldn't drink soda. i say let people who whatever they want and live with the consequences as long as it doesn't infringe on anyone else.
>>
>>50805076
All sin taxes do is give the government more of your money. Addicts will go without the things they need to afford the things they're addicted to.
>>
File: m_ajcn145318fig8.gif (21 KB, 440x317)
21 KB
21 KB GIF
>>50805106
>>50805110
oops (Australia)
>>
>>50805118
Fat people cost less in healthcare over their lifetime because they die early.

Healthy people cost the most because they need decades of geriatric care. If you've ever watched a grandparent with a chronic illness circle the drain, you'll know what I mean.
>>
>>50805154
this. sure it's a nice way to increase government revenues but a 10-20% increase in something like sugar might result in the average joe opting for diet, but the fat as fatasses who need it like crack won't think twice about paying for it.
>>
>>50805133
>as long as it doesn't infringe on anyone else
Health insurance costs would plummet for everyone if people took better care of themselves. I am self-employed in the US and have to pay for an individual insurance plan, which is around $350/month. I am healthy and see the doctor once a year for a check up. My insurance premiums are subsidizing the hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical expenses that obese people are incurring.
>>
File: 1538648626701.jpg (605 KB, 1920x1080)
605 KB
605 KB JPG
>>50804295
Fat acceptance was a mistake. The Western world needs to start fat shaming like the East Asians.
>>
>>50805133
It does infringe on others though. I have to squeeze past them in the grocery store, or stand near and smell them in queues. Not to mention they're a massive burden on healthcare and public services. Been fat isn't a personal choice, it's a public health issue. Same as stabbing people with hiv needles isn't just a personal choice

>>50805154
Then maybe we should ban that poison outright. I'm telling you man, I eat like a total lardass but I'm currently 133lbs - you can't get fat from food alone. When I was drinking that poison like a retard I weighed approximately 200lbs and was a degenerate tub of lard, I quit soda while making no other changes to my diet or lifestyle and within roughly a year and half I was 112lbs, and I really struggled just to bulk up to my current 133

If every fatass quit soda I can guarantee they would lose a shitload of weight
>>
File: Clipboard.jpg (894 KB, 2025x1295)
894 KB
894 KB JPG
>>50805200
Ran some analysis-
Hamplanet: 50.3% of her cover
Asian girl: 41.6% of her cover

>imagine being such a lardass that you take up more than half of the magazine cover
>>
>>50804438
So based. Capitalism is cancer.
>>
>>50805200
Left:
>strong and brave
>clearly admires art and makes herself a canvas
>confident enough to let their wives fuck other men because they know they're in control
>eats in excess to make their hearts work harder so that they truly feel alive

Right:
>skinny bitch SLUT who probably acts nice to men
>prude with no tattoos, probably doesn't even have a double clit piercing
>probably doesn't try to fuck other men because she respects her oppressor
>SKINNY. BITCH. SLUT. probably too poor to even buy food lmaooo

The West wins again.
>>
>>50805161
That graph looks like bullshit to me. Sugar availability crashed? There's still an aisle of confectionery and an aisle of sugar water in every supermarket in Australia.
If we're going to claim that was two aisles back in 1980 there's still only so much sugar one person can consume. It's still effectively "unlimited sugar" for fatties.
>>
>>50805198
>>50805240
these are good points my bros, and i concede. but where does it end? should i not drink alcohol to make healthcare cheaper? let's also not forget that the less these healthcare services are used, the higher their prices will rise.

i think there could be a government insurance scheme that you can opt into which covers things like emergency room issues, genetic problems etc. things like lung cancer from smoking, gastric band surgery, injuries incurred during sports etc should not be part of this plan.
>>
>>50805240
I used to be anti fat people but now I realise that if everybody was healthy and living longer, the state pension would run out and those of us who do live longer would miss out. Not to mention that there are already not enough jobs to go around and those who are too fat to work can continue to live in the gutter. The automation revolution is going to fuck us all in the ass anyway when it comes to jobs
>>
File: lu00ld6pw4f21.png (284 KB, 487x611)
284 KB
284 KB PNG
>>50804295
>Why I vetted my wife's affair
>>
>>50804503
Brought to you by big sugar (that's also my nicname for this posters mom)
>>
>>50804538
>how CICO works
It doesn't.
>how to exercise
Children given more phys ed don't lose weight.
>>
>>50804295
>Tess Holliday wants the haters to kiss her ass
Well the good news is that there's enough
ass that we could all do it at once and be done with it.
>>
>>50804277
Eliminating the corn subsidies that perversely incentivize the mass production of corn syrup. Obesity didn't exist among the poor until corn subsidies made it economically viable to overproduce cornsyrup and add it to every kind of food imaginable. Now food of all kinds is sweetened with high GI shit.
>>
>>50804709
>calorie counting
McDonalds and Coca-Cola already teach people about calorie counting.
>>
>>50804844
There's no such thing as an essential carbohydrate. Tax carbs.
>>
File: i88tjavfw7y21.jpg (96 KB, 719x844)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>50804538
>subsidised gym memberships

Oh hell no. It's easy enough to find a cheap gym. And even if gym memberships were prohibitively expensive, you don't need to exercise to lose weight.
>>
File: GI Causes Obesity.png (226 KB, 1348x814)
226 KB
226 KB PNG
>>50806460
>Falling for the GI momscience
lmao the 90s called and want their bullshit back
>>
>>50806538
I do keto but this is some retarded ketard bullshit. Producing a fat-based diet for everyone on earth is economically non-viable. People can be fine and healthy and get most of their food energy from carbs. We don't even need to tax anything, we just need to pull the corn/corn syrup subsidies that make sweetening everything viable.
>>
>>50804503
>Sugar is not addictive
wrong. literally anything is addictive, hence the COPE meme. no sugar does not create a direct physical dependence from overconsumption or abuse but even things like fucking heroine addictions are overcome by reintroduction to healthy socialization as seen in vietnam vets.

addiction is a state of mind, it isnt a dependency. sugar is very obviously addictive to an increasing number of people on the planet. to say otherwise is patently retarded and niggardly
>>
>>50806538
Go away Mr. Peterson
>>
>>50806542
This. Planet Fitness and Fitness 19 are cheap as fuck. They're not the best but they have what you need to work out.
>>
>>50804503
>Sugar also isn't lucrative
double whammy. wrong again. are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>50806395
>>how CICO works
>It doesn't.
JUST
>>
>>50806573
Holt mother of causation vs correlation. Most people don't even know what the GI is. Obesity continued to climb because people were and still are eating stupid amounts of processed food with hidden sugars in them. There are heaps of scientific evidence on the link between high glycemic loads and lowered insulin sensitivity, and the link between low insulin sensitivity and fat gain. You have to be straight up in denial to ignore this.
>>
>>50806588
Why do you talk so abundantly on things you know nothing about? Almost all "food addicts" are "addicted" to high-fat foods, as I have said. Why do you ignore such simple observable facts? Have you ever seen a fat person buy bags of sugar and rice at the grocery store? Seen them eat from bags of sugar? Do you ever see fat people eating plain fat-free sugar candy? Of course not because fat people eat high-fat diets and detest any food item that is low in fat.
>>
>>50804554
>Hell, I don't think "Fat Acceptance" is organic I think there is big money behind that.
yea evidenced by the fact that not even all liberals buy into it...which is really something. perhaps it can be used to divide and conquer their herd mentality. should we start promoting obesity and stand by watching the liberals literally fall over dead as they collectively battle an aneurysm-inducing form of coggy-diso? it honestly sounds p comfy
>>
>>50804491
Philadelphia already tried the sugar tax, and all it did was make the regular consumers of grocery stores w/in city limits go outside those limits, where the tax wasn't in effect. Lots of stores lost businesses within the city.
>>
>>50806638
>believing in the insulin fairy in the current year
Amazin
Also people eat way more calories from added fats than added sugars. Why do you debate things you know nothing about?
>>
>>50804688
>At the very least it can only get better.
you have a seriously limited imagination my friend
>>
>>50804825
>the mentally ill are filtering themselves out of humanity, the strong will keep civilisation going

The strong? You mean Africans? Since they're going to be the majority of the planet by 2100.
>>
>>50806665
> Why do you debate things you know nothing about?
I have a degree in Molecular and Cellular biology. You probably have a degree in nutrition from the University of YouTube.
>>
>>50805161
>>50805292
It's pilpul kikery.

"Sugars" were less available, but oh look, HFCS has more than filled the gap left behind.

Drink your Gatorade, goyim.

:^)
>>
>>50804438
this is a way too simple look at the epidemic. Most of the stuff that has correlated with increase weight also correlates with government intervention.

For example, the sugar epidemic didn't start with just corporate greed but the government mishandling the information about fat and promoting bad eating habits like the food pyramid. The food industry just responded to the demand of "LESS FAT NOW BUT KEEP IT TASTY!" which meant reduce fat and increase carbs.
>>
>>50804766
>I mean really what percentage of people in the US own guns, are fit enough to defend themselves and others and bright enough to think for themselves? It is a smaller group every day.
this self-evident truth fuels my passion train harder so that I may one day part be strong enough to repel the 8 foot tall gene-edited chicom super soldiers on mondays and bath in the blood of my kike enemies on the weekends
>>
>>50804277
>>50804284
>>50804295
>roasties convince other women to get fat so that they can prolong their own market value
you're beautiful just the way you are!
slay kween~
>>
>>50805161
Interesting how the y-axis on that graph uses sugar availability and not sugar consumption. Really makes you do a big thinky dink.
>>
>>50804277
Class of heedless consumers and needers of services.
Won't live long enough to collect social security
Easily manipulated group for certain people to use.

That's all.
>>
Is the endgame of American men to go to places where the girls are thin like Eastern Europe?
>>
>>50806717
>>50806685
lol at this level of discourse
The best part is people implicating a Jewish conspiracy regarding sugar consumption when all of the prominent anti-sugar low-carb retards in the public sphere are Jewish, such as the lying fat fuck Robert Lustig who thinks alcohol is a carbohydrate

"Enjoy your heart attack from saturated fat, goyim", am I cool yet?
>>
>>50804491
What we need is more walkable cities. Less car centric city design.
>>
>>50804503
Listen up retard, our brains and bodies adapted over millions of years to keep our bodies in homeostasis, but these systems stop working properly for most people when you dramatically change the inputs from what we evolved to adapt to. The sugars we consumed in our evolutionary history were always ALWAYS mitigated by huge amounts of fiber. Selective breeding has made fruits denser in sugar and lower in fiber than they ever were in nature. Refined sugars are put in everything from canned beans to sausages. Our bodies are naturally built to digest and benefit from sugars but we consume them in such an unnatural way that it's detrimental to our health. The average American consumes 900% more sugar today vs the average American 100 years ago.
>>
>>50806631
When has CICO ever worked in a long term randomized controlled trial?
>>
>>50806771
People who talk about Jew conspiracies make themselves look retarded, the /pol/ tier arguments are cringe as fuck. That said sugar makes you fat, sorry.
>>
> People have no clue about nutrition
> They also have zero idea about how many calories they are eating - a big mac is a lot more than you random retard fuck would think
> sugar and fat tastes good if you are used to it
> it takes effort and people are lazy
> people like to do some casual shit like drinking half a litter of beer and thinking it's okay

It takes somebody actually wanting to change to lose weight. I saw first hand my ex womaning up and losing 20kg once I showed her how to plan her macros and weight her food. She loved sugar and after losing weight she couldn't stand it. I have never ever been so proud of another human being before.

I am all for body positivity and I think that if people want to be sick and obese they should, I have nothing to do with it. But I also think it's any fitizens responsibility to help its fellow buddeh if he or she actually wants to change.
>>
>>50806647
I see fat people buy low fat products all the time. My fattest relative restricts her salt intake and only buys 0% fat dairy. She is a complete NPC that follows all government recommendations.

She also goes on walks to get exercise.
>>
>>50806660
Then tax it nationally.
>>
File: 1492353685776.png (120 KB, 300x282)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
>>50804438
>>50804453
>>50804503
>>50805267
>>50806687
Has anyone ever proposed a tax incentive for being fit? I mean, how difficult would it be to take a physical at a hospital, send the results to the government, and get a tax break for reaching a certain tier? If the planetoids don't want to participate, that's fine, they can eat themselves to death.
>>
>>50804277
>tfw contributing to the obesity epidemic
>tfw 15% bodyfat
>>
File: serveimage.png (423 KB, 1057x611)
423 KB
423 KB PNG
>>50804295
A sad reality I've come to understand about the obesity crisis is that some of these people are or would be attractive if they just didn't let themselves go. I've seen too many weight loss or reverse progress threads involving women that were legitimately beautiful after they lost the weight or before they gained it. How many fewer attractive people are there now because they started getting fat as a kid?
>>
>>50806835
I was a fat kid. My parents believe all the boomer-tier health memes. My mom was scared of fat due to its caloric density but saw no problem with me guzzling soda and eating unlimited amounts of grain. My dad saw no relation between diet and weight, and blamed my weight on electronics rather than the fact that I was drinking soda and eating food spiked with corn syrup daily. It's kind of weird looking back and thinking that I consumed corn syrup every single day for most of my childhood.
>>
>>50806864
Insurances do and it works to an extent but that's private action. I don't know of any public intervention that promotes fitness. That will probably change if America ever switches over to public health care
>>
>>50806811
When the CI was 0
>>
>>50804825
lmfao, those stones are a white man's dream. The world is going to be completely FUBAR by 2050.
>>
>>50805161
Availability doesn't mean that people were eating it. Diets have radically changed since the 70's.
>>
>>50804277
>is it going to get worse

Absolutely
>>
File: goober.jpg (45 KB, 326x500)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>50806880
cont. pic related, this is what my parents fed me most days in my packed school lunched, usually on orowheat potato bread, which also contains added corn syrup, with a sprite or coke, also full of corn syrup. I could not escape that shit growing up. I was a fat retard and my mom blamed fat while my dad blamed my gameboy when the truth was that I was getting force fed corn syrup. Now that I'm an adult and in control of my own diet I strictly avoid foods with added sugar and surprise surprise my bf% went from 22% to 12% over the years almost effortlessly.
>>
>>50806808
>The sugars we consumed in our evolutionary history were always ALWAYS mitigated by huge amounts of fiber
Wrong. Refined sugar is widespread in nature, i.e. honey, syrups etc. Refined sugars are also widely consumed by contemporary hunter-gatherers (not that it matters)
>Selective breeding has made fruits denser in sugar
Wrong, the sugar content of domesticated fruits is similar and often lower than that of wild fruits past and present. (Denise Minger, among others, have written extensively on this)
>lower in fiber
Incorrect, they are just more convenient to eat through removal of solid indigestibles like seeds
>Refined sugars are put in everything from canned beans to sausages.
No
And even if this was true, it's irrelevant since the amounts added are usually tiny (less than 5% of calories)
>we consume them in such an unnatural way that it's detrimental to our health
Nobody presently consumes sugar at a level that would even be hypothesized to be harmful to health.
>The average American consumes 900% more sugar today vs the average American 100 years ago.
Incorrect, the increase is around 50%, so you are wrong by around a factor of 20. Impressive. I hope I don't have to explain that this would lead one to the exact opposite conclusion, i.e. that sugar has no effect on obesity since obesity was exceptionally rare when sugar intake was only marginally lower, while fat intake was substantially lower as well, with more calories coming from other carbohydrates like refined grains, which explains the absence of obesity.

Thank you so much for showing everyone the lack of knowledge necessary to actually draw conclusions so firmly contradicted by reality.
>>
>>50806647
absolute brainlet, shouldve never responded to your first thread
>>
>>50806964
How much honey do you think our hunter gatherer ancestors ate? I guarantee you it's insignificantly small compared to the amount of sugar modern westerners consume.
>>
>>50804825
>>50806903
>white man's dream
Literally yeah, they were used to launder cocaine money.
>>
>>50806763
i consider it more and more everyday. thin, well behaved and desperate...like Ukraine
>>
>>50806823
remember u never get to leave this place
>>
>>50806956
The image you posted shows a food item that contains 46% calories from fat which is twice as much as would be contained in a balanced diet. The food item also contains only 40% calories from carbohydrates, which is far too low for a balanced diet.

So you actually ate a high-fat diet that completely ignored all government guidelines regarding nutrition and became fat as a result, but because you understand nothing of nutrition you blame sugar.

Your lack of awareness of this is particularly stunning given that the label actually shows the calories from fat separate (the only good thing about American nutrition labels), so that even the most challenged individual has a hope of seeing just how much fat they consume (clearly they are overestimating the intelligence of the average American, a common mistake)

Your post is emblematic of what I'm saying but despite how clearly I'm explaining it I still doubt you will actually grasp it. That's ok, not everybody is mentally fit to understand even simple things.
>>
File: cake_Shop.jpg (54 KB, 850x320)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
The government is clueless. Here in the UK they are waging a war against red meat such as sausages (which it's true, they are pure cancer) but I can go to a local (gelatterie?) which sells some of the most outrageous, sugar-filled cookies and sweets; these locals are under no pressure.
>>
File: imagen_0443.png (16 KB, 302x233)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
People are missing the more obvious explanation for this dishonest graph: >>50805161

>It is nonsense to expect a direct relationship between DAILY sugar intake and CUMULATIVE TOTAL body weight gain.

>We know that the red curve is completely determined by the blue curve, but they don’t have a good correlation. Or in other words, we confirm that a low correlation tell us nothing about the existence of a dependence relationship between two variables.

https://novuelvoaengordar.com/2017/01/18/if-your-todays-sugar-intake-is-lower-than-yesterdays-do-you-slim-down/
>>
File: imagen_0441.png (18 KB, 290x225)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>50805161
>>50807135
>If for the same situation, we had chosen the two previous graphs, we would have concluded that the relationship between sugar intake and body weight gain is undeniable.
https://novuelvoaengordar.com/2017/01/18/if-your-todays-sugar-intake-is-lower-than-yesterdays-do-you-slim-down/
>>
>>50807082
The calories from fat label is a stupid meme. The only "bad" thing about fat is that its higher caloric density makes it easier to tip your CICO into a calorie surplus, but that doesn't make fat calories magically evil or fattening.
>>
File: imagen_0442.png (24 KB, 313x247)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>50805161
>>50807135
>>50807148
If we recall the idea at the beginning of the article, A (blue curve) has changed, and the effect on B (red curve) is apparently small, but we know for a fact that A completely determines B.
>>
>>50804438
Everything is a choice. Capitalism has nothing to do with it. People need to take responsibility.
>>
>>50804277
Bros do not mock fat chicks legitimately trying to unfuck their lives pls, they are in the minority.

>>50804438
oh shut the fuck up faggot
>>
>>50807166
>buy a bottle of aspirin
>read the instructions on the bottle
>take the exact recommended dose
>die because it was actually cyanide and the label was a lie
Did you choose to kill yourself with cyanide, or are you the victim of a lie?
>>
>>50804438
You are ignoring the fact that healthy foods are also part of capitalist enterprise and are also subject to market forces.
>>
>>50807217
Healthy foods are low profit margin.

Sugar water has enormous profit margins. That's why Coca-Cola can afford to pay for CICO propaganda like that fraudulent "twinkie diet".
>>
File: bacon-small.jpg (1.58 MB, 1404x936)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB JPG
>>50807082
Is nothing but bacon a "balanced diet"?

>Cutting out carbs has been life-changing for me, and I wanted others to benefit as well. I expected that even though I was eating 2500 calories a day, an increase of 500 calories a day for me, that I would not gain much weight, I already knew that eating fat and protein doesn’t make you fat.

>The biggest and most unexpected change was losing so much body fat in the 30 days. I lost 19.6 pounds by the end of the month and ate 60 pounds of bacon during that same time! Crazy right? My energy was good the entire time and my doctor was quite impressed with my blood work. I had a complete blood panel done before and after this experiment. My blood pressure dropped 30 points, my cholesterol numbers looked good, and my liver markers were perfect. My Dr. told me, “Keep doing whatever it is that you’re doing because it’s working!” I still eat bacon most days for breakfast.

https://ketogasm.com/the-bacon-experiment-interview/
>>
>>50806956
I doubt they put three tablespoons in one sandwich
>>
File: 1556329624592.gif (266 KB, 500x281)
266 KB
266 KB GIF
>>50806824
>I saw first hand my ex womaning up and losing 20kg once I showed her how to plan her macros and weight her food. She loved sugar and after losing weight she couldn't stand it.

she got thin and left you
>>
File: 1514922727885.jpg (134 KB, 650x650)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>50804295
>>
>>50806864
im listening
>>
>>50807487
She left me because I am a retarded autist like half of this board.
>>
>>50804503
I wonder (((who))) posted this
>>
File: 1502110293868.jpg (177 KB, 666x1222)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>
>>50804277
Those titties,ass, and thighs are the endgame of my nofap
>>
File: 57c.jpg (66 KB, 1280x720)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>50807738
>>
>>50807832
I can't tell you how disappointed I am in you
>>
>>50807727
I haven't really thought that far ahead, anon. But like what >>50806883 said, its already in private healthcare, and would also work if its a part of socialized systems as well. State-level of course, not federal.
>>
>>50804295
a fat pig tattooed on a fat pig nice
>>
stop eating carbs
>>
>>50806864
Japan has a law that actually imposes penalties for waist size for certain adults. Not completely the same thing.
>>
>>50804822
Based
>>
>>50804554
If you haven't, read or listen to 'new order of barbarians', it's the account of a doctor who listened to this man give a speech in 1968 about what was ostensibly population control but went much further into total social control. As far as I can tell everything has been implemented by now. It's goal was not population control but pure malicious tyranny for its own sake
>>
>>50804277
While obesity is definitely an epidemic, the methods of calculating this is kinda poor. BMI is the most commonly used "healthy weight" measurement, but I think we all know why BMI is trash by now. I think the bigger threat than semi-fat (bf%21-25) folks is a total lack of any physical activity. If you take all the borderline fatties and make them do some basic condition regularly, the risk of heart disease would drop regularly. Eating healthy would be better, but as someone that has tried MANY times to convince whales to lay off the burgers, basic cardio seems more doable.
>>
>>50804277
This has been answered many times. Purge jews and deport blacks and mexicans.
>>
>>50804491
>being a statist cuck
Fuck off AOC
>>
File: fullsize.jpg (51 KB, 800x523)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>50809387
To be fair, statism is great for reducing obesity
>>
>>50804882
>willpower is highly genetically determined
nah. that can't be correct.
>>
>>50804945
>genetics
that's not right.
>>
Here in England sugar has been giving a pretty bad image and there is a sugar tax but the irony is people here are too fucking lazy and spend a good amount of their time in front of their TV eating unhealthy takeaways and still have the audacity to question why they are fat.
>>
>>50809536
It probably is if you consider "shit parents who are incapable of raising a child" as a genetic component, which seems to be the standard definition today. Much like how obesity is "genetic"
>>
>>50804784
It means 71.6% are AT LEAST overweight. Within that overweight category 39.8% are obese lardasses.
>>
>>50804772
honestly i feel it is darwinism is the modern day. the shitty part is the effect on everyone elses taxes because of healthcare.
>>
File: 1555422472289.jpg (26 KB, 500x375)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>50807825
>>
File: 1555271491572.jpg (16 KB, 365x346)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>50804772
>Literally a problem you CAN run away from.
>>
>>50807166
Okay, Nietzsche
>>
>>50805161
How to bullshit with graphs.
Nigga show obesity and sugars from 1900 onwards and fix your Y axis for sugars. If you were an 80 year old person born between 1800 and 1900 you would have consumed less sugar in your life than a 9 year old child today.
>>
File: 1556604476885.png (123 KB, 300x300)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>>50804554
you guys believe in anything dont you, fuckin pathetic
>>
>>50804277
This pic reminds me of something I saw earlier this evening. I was taking a walk around the neighborhood and I saw this extremely obese woman. She was probably around 300 lbs. Running. With her dog. I hope she makes it.
>>
>>50804438
Freedom comes with responsibilities.
>>
>>50804784
amazing
>>
>>50806673
>The strong? You mean Africans? Since they're going to be the majority of the planet by 2100.
Don't need to worry
https://youtu.be/UyydJOemUQ4
>>
>>50804438
>Capitalism's fault the government subsidizes grains, corn syrup, and vegetable/seed oils

Get lost you dumb fuck
>>
i agree that sugar isn't the culprit. it doesn't help, but people ate tons of cane sugar in the 50s and 60s, drinking coke and eating milkshakes and shit. even the 80s people were still eating like shit. yet in 1980 the obesity rate was only 23% for adults. its 39.9% in 2019. pic related. i think the obesity rate probably has to do with the adulteration of the food supply with all sorts of additives and also the mass industrialization of agriculture and livestock, which intensified after the 60s, and the fact that people sleep terribly and suffer from the culture of chronic stress. im like one of hteo nly people i know who gets regular consistent sleep. everybody else gets terrible sleep. Americans slept TEN hours on avg in 1960. TEN. compared to today where its like 6.9
>>
File: images.png (3 KB, 240x200)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>50807738
Fuck. You just described my early twenties.

Try to improve yourself and get off this site.
>>
>>50805286
>this is what lardbeasts actually believe
>>
>>50804883
You big dumb dumb, the development aid being said to those shitholes is meant to INCREASE standard of living so that people dont feel the need to fuck like rabbits in order to have their children provide for them. Quality over quantity approach.
>>
>>50804709
That's smart
>>
>>50804784
Genius

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.