[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: oink.jpg (209 KB, 868x616)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
FAQ
/fast/ discord
>https://discord.gg/dknZqPb
What is /fast/?
>Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

Why should I fast?
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11147801
>https://idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0 [Embed]

How do I safely do an extended fast?
>Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
>Mix these in 2L of water and sip it throughout the day.
>[OPTIONAL] 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar and 4 tbsp lemon juice. DO NOT MIX with snake juice, drink separately.
>You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

Won’t I go into starvation mode?
>No. The mainstream definition of starvation mode is a myth. Read the FAQ linked below for more information.

Will (something with calories) break my fast?
>Yes.

Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
>You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

Do I need a multivitamin?
>No

Prolonged fast FAQ: https://fast.fandom.com/wiki/FAST_FAQ

https://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>>
Red pill me on alternate day fasting
If I eat maintenance for 12 hours and then fast for 36 will I maintain muscle mass?
I need to cut
>>
So after browsing /fast/ and actually fasting for multiple days (5 days is my longest), I'm actually pretty impressed by it. For someone like me that like's to do heavy workouts, I am thinking about doing something like standard 16:8 window, 5 days a week, and then fasting over the weekends.

So 5 days IF 16:8 keto and then friday will be my last meal until monday afternoon. How does that sound bois? I get a little bit of the fasting benefits and get some calories on the days I lift.
>>
did the dude in op do a bunch of HGH or something
>>
Dead general
>>
so the hardest thing for me right now is starting the fast because i think im still on my refeed day and i eat and eat
>>
I have a pretty physical job and I'm worried about passing out if I try fasting. Should I be taking electrolytes or something?
>>
>>50422932

no he just bulked like a fucking pig
>>
>>50423336

Make the snake juice, don't over exert yourself (listening to your body is key). Also I think if you have a physical job maybe extending fasting isn't for you
>>
>>50423362
But I'm fat and dieting takes too long.

I'll try the snake juice. Thanks anon.
>>
>>50423387

> dieting takes too long.

It's true, but I think we need to remind ourselves that this isn't a race and doing drastic things can actually cause road blocks like binge eating. If you had some calories + a physical demanding job + working out, weights going to fly off either way. Be safe anon
>>
the internet tells me you get some crazy dreams if you go 2+ days, what says /fast/?

i guess i'm about to find out, currently 12 hours in and i'm aiming to go about 96. never done extended fasting before but i go 20 all the time so i'm not expecting it to be too hard.
>>
Is fasting the best way to clean out my colon if I'm prepping for my gf to ram me in the ass on Wednesday?
>>
>>50423430

I've gone 5-6 days and I don't think I had any crazy dreams (or at least ones I can remember)
>>
>>50423421
Would IF be a better plan? Skip breakfast, have lunch and a small dinner in the same window, no bedtime snacks?
>>
Don't know how I gained a pound in between day 4 and 5 of my fast. I had no food, and the same amount of water.
Is it because I started drinking salt water? Would that cause weight gain?
Anyways, I'm gonna start exercising more and hopefully I'll lose more weight.
>>
>>50423474

It would be a good plan. Maybe throw some 2-3 day fasts over the weekend and then eat monday once in awhile. Fat will melt right off
>>
>>50423509

> what is water weight anon
>>
Im on day 4 of a water fast. Can I start drinking snake juice now or do I need to refeed and use snake juice then. 4 days is the recommended max of water only. 7 days is the absolute threshold before you have to watch out for health issues. But can I switch between snake diet and water fast.
>>
>>50423581

dude you can drink snake juice at any point during your fast. in fact you would of probably felt a lot better these last 2-3 days if you did
>>
>>50423509
I mean, salt can cause water retention, so yeah. Either that or you started photosynthesizing
>>
>>50423523
Good plan. Thanks anon. We're gonna make it.
>>
>>50423584
I know I can drink snake juice. My question is if I should still feed after 4 days of water only fasting so I don't mess anything up.
>>
>>50423434
That and an enema before.
>>
>>50423623

oh yea, drink snake juice 1-2 hours before you start eating your refeed
>>
File: DQQP6304.jpg (76 KB, 1080x820)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
I love you fuckers.

This is the first time I've been under 200 pounds in years. Yesterday I clocked in at 198 at the end of a 3 day fast. I've been alternating 18:6 IF and 24-48 extended fasts, but last week things just lined up and I went for it.

I'm part of a weight loss challenge at work. Every participant throws in $10, winner takes all. I've even started talking about my fasting with my family, which is huge. I've broken fasts simply because my dad invited me over and made steaks and I didn't have the heart to tell him no. But now he's just proud that I've lost over 12 pounds and is supportive of my decisions. My sister doesn't approve but she chugs Coke by the liter so who gives a fuck.

Doing another 3-day fast starting today. Wish me luck!
>>
>>50423632
So you think I should refeed tomorrow. Wanted to feed on day 8.
>>
Going to break into the 150's soon.
>>
>>50423649
Reading this as Tony Robbins was very rewarding. Congrats on the weight loss. Keep up the mental fortitude and everything will pan out.
>>
50 hours into fast
my throat is getting sore like I'm about to get sick
will sleep it off and reevaluate tomorrow.. I haven't gotten sick in years, maybe fasting is lowering my defenses (i've fasted about 50% of the days in the last 3 weeks)
>>
>>50423649
Good job anon!
>>
Is doing a three day water fast safe? Btw, will a pre-workout (pill) break my fast?
>>
I’m 22% bodyfat with no muscle. I’m 2 days into a 7 day fast right now wondering if this is okay to drink a bottle of once a day

https://www.coca-colaproductfacts.com/en/products/gold-peak-tea/unsweetened/18-5-oz/
>>
>>50424865

yes. in general water, black coffee, unsweetened tea are usually okay
>>
What kind of exercises should I do when fasting? Are there any that would be better or worse than others? I'm trying to just lose as much weight as possible.
>>
File: 1555167181965.jpg (15 KB, 577x359)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>50422884
>keto
>>
>>50422860
If you are above 10% just snake juice fast all the way there. You will lose minimal muscle mass as long as there is fat on your body.

If you really want to ADF, reduce the eating window from 12 hour to 1 hour.

>>50422884
Reduce that 8 hour eating window to 1 hour.

>>50423336
>Should I be taking electrolytes or something?
You blind m8? The OP explains snake juice.
As long as you have enough snake juice and enough fat on your belly, you can be as physical as you want. But we warned, the first 2 days will be hell because of withdrawal. So maybe find 2 days where you don't have to work to start.

>>50423474
Don't eat fatty!

>>50424865
Probably won't cause any issues.
BUT It's not helping your cause. You should try to go without so that your fast is more effective a breaking your food and caffeine addictions.

>>50424897
Don't do anything for your first 48 hour fast.
To lose as much weight as possible, exercise as much as possible. Do as many hours of low intensity steady state cardio you can, every day. Elliptical, rower, stairs, brisk walking.
Can also increase energy expenditure other ways: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHEGO1vuQ5s
>>
Should I order some ice cream bros, I'm so sleepy and tired.
>>
>>50425624
no
>>
Tried a 100 hour fast. Felt fine. I refed on a nice lean steak and broccoli/asparagus salad. It shot through me in a few hours. Had to delay going to bed just because I didn't trust my ass.

Day after I had another refeed, very low carb but with plenty of greens. Stomach felt fine.

Now doing a 48 h fast (10h remaining) and still have not had a shit. Will need some supplementary fibers tonight I think. Lots of weight In my guts right now so the scale is showing more weight that I would expect after all the fasting.

Anyone with similar issues?
>>
>>50424914
>fasting
>>
>>50426044
Fasting is a meme unless you're gonna fast for a long time
otherwise you'll just shit out your meals a few moments after eating it good luck living like that
>>
Is sparkling water OK during a fast?
Can regular sea salt replace Himalayan Pink Salt?
Is trying 96h for my first fast a bad idea?
>>
>>50426347
>Is sparkling water OK during a fast?
Yeah but stick with the lightly flavored seltzers and try to avoid the overpowering ones that have citric acid as the first ingredient and sucralose somewhere down the line. I don't know what the current consensus on /fit/ is about it messing with the fasting process is, it probably doesn't mess with it too much, but it's still good to train yourself to not crave sweet drinks.
>>
>>50426347
>>50426507
This is assuming you're american. If you're a yuro just drinking plain sparkling water that's good too.
>>
>>50422840
anyone else ran into gastritis while fasting?
after about a year of if on weekdays, i got a fuck ton of burps and a bloated stomach
am i fucking something up?
>>
>>50426507
>>50426510
I was talking about mineral sparkling (perrier or vichy) nothing with added flavor or artificial sweetener.
I have no idea how it will react with an empty belly... I don't want to spend my fast releasing gaz.
>>
File: 1554676137347.jpg (46 KB, 720x654)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
At what point do I need to add electrolytes or snake juice in my fast? Its a 72 hours fast an "extended fast"?
>>
File: 1505010585469.jpg (355 KB, 1920x1080)
355 KB
355 KB JPG
>>50423649
keep it up brah!
>>
>>50423430
Can confirm they do get more vivid/memorabe, but I haven't seen anything crazier than usual dreaming outside of food being a large part of the dream, that I can remember.
>>
>>50422840
Does fasting or eating help with pulling an all-nighter?
>>
I can't find Potassium chloride without sodium in it, how should I adjust the snake juice?
The product I found is 66% Potassium chloride, 33% sodium.
>>
>>50426347
Too low in salt. Balance it yourself.
Yes, other minerals aren't important.
Not a bad idea.
>>
>>50427329
>hasn't completed highschool
b8?
>>
>>50423664
Realistically if you knew you were going to be drinking water for your fast, and also knew you wanted to go for 8 days you should have started drinking SJ way earlier because then you wouldn't be here asking if you'll damage yourself.

The one good thing I've found about drinking SJ early is when using epsom salts the bowel contents and digestive system is evacuated much earlier rather than days (sometimes 72h for me) into the fast. With it out of my system, my body can just burn the fat I want it to rather than continuing to harvest the shit I ate three days ago.

And I can certainly guarantee it was doing exactly this, because my body wouldn't go over 1.5 mmol ketones. As soon as it was out, few hours later shot up to the mid 4 mmol range.

Just realize that eating while losing large amounts of weight through fasting is more of a coping mechanism.
>>
>>50426044
You use epsom salts in that SJ bro?
>>
>>50423649
Love u too
>>
I need some help. I’m gonna go back to intermittent fasting to get shredded for summer. Goal is the minimum aka 8/16.

I wake up at 3am, workout from 430 to 630 then go to work 07-1630.

Should i do my 8 hours from 0630 (after workout immediately) to 1530? Eat 4 times during that timespan. Or start my eating at 10am till 6pm (1 hour before i go to sleep) ?
>>
>>50426044
The first times I fasted my gut kept acting weird. Now I'm nearing 120h with 0 issues so far. Only been to the bathroom to piss. Gonna end my fast on Thursday and post results
>>
I can't do it bros...I'm done for.
>>
>>50427993
This is /fast/. 8 hours of eating doesn't sound like fasting.
Reduce it to 1 hour of eating.
>>
>>50423649
I have a weight loss challenge at work too with the check in in 2 weeks.
So far I've lost 9lbs in 2 months (start of bet) while maintaining 2000 calorie diet and lifting heavy. What's the best strategy for me to max my weight loss over 2 weeks?
>no experience fasting
>don't want to lose my gains
>another goal is to take 2 weeks to decrease my preworkout and creatine intake since I've been on it daily for 3 months
Should i start out with 3 day fasts or just cut calorie intake to 1000 and add more cardio to workout?
>>
>>50428454
Pretty sure this thread is for all types of fasting. And intermittent fasting is fasting as well.
>>
>>50423581
sip those snake juices senpai. After two days you'll feel the need for electrolytes.
>>
File: 1477428709809.png (385 KB, 610x663)
385 KB
385 KB PNG
>>50428545
>And intermittent fasting is fasting as well.
>>
First week is over, did a 72 hour water fast, ate around maintenance , fasted a day, ate around maintenance. Gonna do another 72, results were pretty good for me(dropped 5-6lbs). I did "cheat" with some 0 cal energy drinks(bang and rockstar) it's the only thing I craved
>>
>>50423581
I dunno man I've done multiple 10 day water fasts with no snake juice or special electrolyte intake and felt perfectly fine. I just eat a lot of salty foods and avocado's etc during my refeeds
>>
>>50428594
> being this retarded
>>
>>50428815
that 5 will come back
you probably lost about 1-2 pounds of real weight
>>
>>50428995
I know I'm gonna get that water weight back eventually but the last bit of fat in my lower gut looks smaller and I feel better. Maybe my eyes see what they want to see
>>
22% bodyfat currently, want to drop to under 10%

OMEOD sound like a good plan at least until I’m able to move up to 72s?

Also does salad work as a good refeed?
>>
>>50428513
9 lbs in 2 months is garbage. Start with a 24 hour fast. Re-feed on low carb, low fat, high protein. Then do a 48. Then 72. Then longer.
>>
>>50429083
48s and 72s should be fine. Depends on the salad. Just keep it low fat and low carb. Get some protein in there.
>>
>>50429180
https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/product/premium-bacon-ranch-salad-with-grilled-chicken.html

Unironically
>>
File: pepothonk.png (82 KB, 300x300)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
21h of dry fasting for first time.feel fine but Im lil bit thirsty
>>
>>50426903
Depends on your activity level. For example when I fast I just do long walks in the sun which by day 3 I'll start taking snake juice as I start getting headaches otherwise.
>>
>want to fast to cut fat
>want to put on muscle so need to eat high protein

Its all so difficult I dont know what to prioritize.
>>
>>50429832
Lose fat now otherwise your future cut will drag on forever
>>
I've done a few fasts before but now at 120h my heart is pounding like crazy at the sign of even the slightest physical exertion. Is this normal? Should I just refeed and continue after? I'm definitely going to eat on Friday but I could break now, do another 48-72 and proceed as planned.
>>50429832
It's better to put on muscle now and fast later, but you probably don't have enough time until beach season, depending how fat and dyel you are.
>>
>>50429083
Honestly, I'd do a 72 hour dry fast. If you can pull it off, you can just do dry fasting, which yields the best, fastest results. And turns your will power up very high. When youbdream of water instead of food, you'll have less problems sticking to clean refeeds.
>>
>>50429938
It's called heart palpatations. Yes, they're common with fasting. They go away, and eventually your body gets used to fasting and they don't happen or are very light.
>>
>>50429987
I want to dry fast during the weekend, but I'll be working on an important assignment during that time. Is dry fasting not a good way to go if I need my brain to be functioning properly?
>>
>>50430012
Is there a recommendation regarding weight % lifting, at least with palpitations? I don't want to snap my shit. Or should I just go for lower reps, perhaps with slightly higher weight? I find I tire quickly
>>
>>50430060
You'll be fine, but the first time will be tough. So this weekend might not be the right time. You can try this if you want:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTitvqRRzr8

Or dry fast 8-12 hours a day at the end of day.
>>
>>50430062
Lower intensity lifting is common with fasting. You can do higher rep/lower weight. No issue, and it will speed up weight loss.
>>
I can't believe it, I don't wanna eat anymore. Is this what making it looks like?
>>
>>50430299
No, but it's a sign you're going to. At least for fatties. Meet you on the other side, brah.
>>
>Break 72 hour fast
>Eating wasn't as fun as I imagined it being
>>
Can I take my prescription ssri or does that break a fast
>>
>>50430299
First day is rough, after that you should be good to go

>>50430963
I started my refeed with a beef jerky I used to love, tasted like garbage
>>
>>50430101
The 8-12 dry fast is interesting. Do you do it?
>>
Currently on an OMAD routine where I consume aroung 600 Calories a day. The Bupropion I've been prescribed against my depression in combination with caffeine does wonders.
Is there anything I should keep in mind on this routine?
>>
>>50431601
Every weekday, I ate least dry fast all day, then eat when I get home or fast until the next day.
>>
can i do a 1 day dry fast instead of a 72?
>>
File: 1547236604668.jpg (45 KB, 623x742)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>50431887
What are your goals, height, and weight? If you are fat and need to lose fast (wet or dry) until you're dying, eat sub 500 kcal (no carbs), then repeat until not fat. Simple as
>>
>>50430976
Try to dry fast 72 hours without them or anything else. That might balance your hormones, serotonin, or whatever else that is causing you to take ssri's in the first place. Then eat clean when you break it. Ideally, you want to get off that permanently if you can. Otherwise you can fast with them if you absolutely must.
>>
>>50431976
>What are your goals, height, and weight?
well my goal was to get to 180 i was 230 as in december been doing 72s since january currently at 180 mark at 5'11 now my goal is to get rid of my man boobs, since im no longer a lardass and i can fit to normal human clothes i got back to do biking and i need to eat but i still want to loose fat, i cant no longer do 72s
>>
Is it okay to use regular table salt as a soduiy Chloride source
>>
>>50432202
>is it okay to use sodium chloride as a sodium chloride use
>>
>>50432023
Oh okay. Getting more into the aesthetic phase. I'd start lifting everyday (not crazy, 60% max) at your own pace. Body weight only if you want. You can work out 2-3 times a day if you want. Then OMAD with 93% lean ground beef, lots of seasoning and a fruit or two. Sub 500 kcal. And dry fast 48 once a week. You will get super fit quickly this way.

Other than that you can experiment. You can eat more, fast, workout whenever, etc. See what works for you. Good job on getting to a reasonable weight.
>>
>>50432202
Yes. It's salt. I've had water with salt at airports. You'll want to buy some decent himalayan pink salt eventually, which is cheap.
>>
>>50432216
i want to be super skinny but my structure is wide so its gonna be impossible for now i will just settle with a flat chest, i dont know if for that i would have to get to 160 lbs and how can i eat a beef thats sub 500 cal?
>>
>>50432257
Check the macros. ~3/4 lb of 93% lean beef is under 500 kcal i think (give or take a few grams), lots of protein, nutrients, and is cheap.

Check out Athlean-X. He has a lot of shit to work on chest. Here's an example:

youtube.com/watch?v=8mOjYFwmgxk
>>
>>50432328
thanks m8, im gonna try and play around with different combinations, what i noticed was that when i did 72s i did loose weight but when i did omad and trained i lost more
>>
File: 350px-The_Flagellant.png (98 KB, 350x282)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
Lads. How do I adjust my lifting and cardio regime whilst on a waterfast? More Hypertrophy focus? More Cardio? Am I still good to go for heavier singles?
>>
>>50432401
Makes sense. Low cal OMAD + training will yield great results. Easy to burn through low cal when training. You're welcome and good luck.

>>50432406
You can still train pretty hard. Just listen to your body. Go by feel. Definitely won't be able to max or do some crazy shit though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BgSJL8uCh0
>>
>>50432528
whats your routine? what do you do? how many days do you fast? what type of fast? goal? stats?
>>
i have a question, i drank cocke zero at around 3 hours inmy water fast, did it broke it? also will swallowing my saliva break my fast?
>>
Can somebody post the shake juice recipe in grams for like 2l water? Why?
Because in my country on the other side of the planet, there exists only salt with "reduced" sodium. For 100g there's 25g sodium chloride and 10g potassium chloride and I don't know how to incorporate this into the shake juice where all the americlap recipes go like 1 spoon of pink salt, 1 spoon of Walmart salt without sodium, half a spoon of normal salt and shit like this.
Like I need to actual grams because honestly I don't know how can I concoct the snake juice using my salt instead of American Walmart salt or whatever you guys are using.
>>
>>50432600
>also will swallowing my saliva break my fast?
dry*
>>
>>50432551
Full body everyday. I'm experimenting right now. Dry faster 72, and 78 last week, but didn't workout everyday. Was fat at 200, down to 183 right now. Above 5'11. 175 is current goal, then I'll see where I go from there. Went down to 160 at one point. Really it's just aesthetic shit at this point.

Overall, I just want to stay healthy, get stronger, fix some lingering joint issues, etc. and get more disciplined with refeeds. I yoyo'd a lot past year, and going hard with prolonged dry fasting seems to help with refeeding discipline /diet. When you dream of water instead of munchies, cravings for junk seem to be less prominent.
>>
>>50432551
Simple PPL 3 day Split w/ cardio in the non-gym days. Going for 4 or 5 days. Trying to push from mid teens BF percentage into lower teens.
>>
>>50432600
>>50432654
No soft drinks of any kind.

You have to spit all your saliva throughout the day, but drinking pig's blood drained from pooper is okay.

Just kidding, saliva is not breaking dry fast though I'm sure you're baiting.
>>
>>50432406
I find that I tire more easily on an extended fast. Strength drops a bit but not significantly. I was able to only squat 120kg for 3 reps, which according to the calculator I use corresponds to 132kg 1rm but when I loaded 130, I was able to do 2 reps, which corresponds to 138.66kg. For comparison, 4 reps of 120 would be 136kg and the 130 was the 3rd set. It is possible that if I had started from the getgo with 140, I'd be able to do 1, maybe 2 reps. I'll try that next time and hopefully won't snap anything
Then again I might be retarded and causing more muscle damage this way, which can't as easily be repaired without an influx of protein. Though I guess if you don't piss out the aminos due to autophagy, your body might be able to recompose protein out of them
>>50432600
The idea is keeping your insulin low and supposedly even artificial sweeteners will raise it. Consensus is you shouldn't drink them but there's an anon who's experimenting at the moment, checking artificial sweeteners' effect on his ketone levels.
It's not that you won't lose weight or anything, that would be ridiculous. But you might not experience all the other effects of true fasting, like autophagy and HGH increase (read: you might lose more muscle mass). Also, you should be cutting sodas out of your life anyway.

Regarding the saliva thing, no it won't break your fast. Even dry. It's your own water. You're going to be pissing out water anyway, spitting out saliva shouldn't make much of a difference

>>50432624
About 4g. With the product you described you can't quite make SJ. At the very least, the salt should be 66% KCl. Look for alternatives. Check pharmacies for salt substitute
>>
>>50432702
i yoyo a lot too i fucking hate that
how to stop yoyoying?
also do you have man boobs?
>>50432746
no im not baiting, i had a muslim friend and said that he hard dry fasted during ramadan and he wasnt allowed to swallow his saliva, and i drank 0 cal drinks before like on 60 hour mark and peed on ketostix and did a test on lab and i was still purple i know it doesnt breaks my fast but i wanted to know if it affected at the begging of my fast
>>
>try to read these threads regularly
>half of all posts are the same retarded questions
>>
>>50433060
welcome to /fit/
>>
bros... I keep dry heaving/actually vomiting on day 2 or 3 of my fasts. Generally my stomach will feel like start feeling like shit after I drink some water, and then I'll heave over the toilet for a few minutes and then feel better. Nothing solid ever comes up, it's only liquid. Sometimes I'll have to sit and dry heave while my stomach figures out there's nothing in itself.
This has happened maybe 4 or 5 times over the last couple months. Am I gonna die bros? Lost like 20lbs btw
>>
>>50433060
i post the same exact questions on every thread just in case the faggot who answered me last time was wrong
and it was wrong
>>
>>50428513
Just cutting out the creatine will cause you to lose a ton of water weight. But if you are serious about losing weight you should fast. You can still lift, but I would keep weight high and lower volume to preserve gains.
>>
>>50433088
>drink liquid
>body wants you to get rid of the water
are you getting enough salt?
>>
>broke a 24 hour fast
well spring break vacations are gonna be tough........
>>
File: IMG_0136.jpg (1.06 MB, 1000x1000)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>50422840
I'm going on my first water fast, tips on how to do it and what to expect
>>
>>50433596
drink snake juice
if you get hungry, just ride it out, it should disappear in an hour or two
possibly take a multivitamin each day
>>
>>50432922
>how to stop yoyoying?

Prolonged dry fasting is my answer atm.

>also do you have man boobs?
No, but athlean x + fasting should help firm them up so they aren't as pronounced or eliminate them.

Mudslimes don't fast. They binge at night and the morning during their satanic ritual.
>>
>>50433060
>>50433095
Most of the answers are in Cole's vids or elsewhere online.
>>
can I fap during a 3 to 5 days water fast ?
>>
File: DY3txs-X4AE3E1u.jpg (111 KB, 850x657)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>50422840
well, I don't know if I'm doing this right, but I have tried to "fast" without previous knowledge and so far I have lost 12 pounds in a little bit less than 5 weeks, my diet consist of

>8:00am strawberry, banana, oatmeal, linseed and almond milk smoothie (10oz)
>2:00pm Sandwich (whole grain, turkey ham, letuce and arugula)
>8:00pm chicken breast and green salad (with no onion, I hate onion)
>drink water all day (1-2 Lt daily)

Am I doing something wrong or dangerously? is there a way to step up my game? not that I'm not satisfied with the results so far, but since this is my first time dieting I know shit and I'm sure am messing it somehow. btw unrelated pic
>>
>>50433561
I thought that for 2 day/48 hour fasts, salts were unnecessary. I'll mix up some low strength snake juice and give that a shot for a few weeks.
>>
>>50433864
i have seen lardasses like at 240 an they have 0 literally ZERO man boobs and im at 180, the leanest i have been and have big arms and i still have fucking man tits
god is dead
>>
>>50433901
rookie numbers
>>
>>50431248
Ogre
>>
File: 1555100011342.jpg (78 KB, 640x799)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
Who here fasting for the Lord?
>>
>>50434279
Started mine 4 hours ago. Enjoy your Easter, Brother.
>>
>>50422840
I'm really close to my goal weight but for some reason I'm finding it harder and harder to fast for an extended period of time, I used to do 7days no problem but now I struggle to even get to 48hr wtf is this normal? Am I getting soft?
Also with Notre Dame burning and all, do you lads think Mong made it out alive?
>>
>>50423869
it's just detox bro
>>
Just finished a 65hour fast but I am still not RIPPED. The next fast will finally get me there! (I am telling me this after every longer fast)
>>
>>50434296
Thanks lad, you too
>>
On day 6 of my water fast. I'm losing less and less weight and I don't understand why. I've been exercising more and eating nothing. I did cut back a bit on water. Could that make a difference? Should I drink more or less water?
How much should I be losing per day? I only lost 1.5 lbs since yesterday, but I lost 3.5 lbs between day 3 and 4.
Guess I'll just do more exercises to try and lose more weight per day.
>>
Fasting is the only thing that helps me losing weight. I have hypothyroidism and all my diet and exercise made almost no difference.
Two months ago started fastening for 48 two times a week. Best decision in my life.
The only bad thing is my bad breath. I don't know why this happens but my breath has become really bad even with a good dental hygiene. Especially the fasting days.
>>
File: 1549182965413.jpg (64 KB, 638x558)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
Is it possible to build muscle eating one small meal every 24 hours provided that you have significant fat reserves to be burned during the day?
>>
>>50434705
Your early numbers probably had a lot of water weight in them. You also have to remember that if you lost a straight pound and a half in a day or two that's 4250 calories and that's good
>>
Sup /fast/, broke my toe and so it looks like I gotta take some time off from lifting and the gym. Thinking I’ll fast so I don’t just keep putting on fat.

One thing that helped me get through fasting though was exercise. Helps get into ketosis faster, pass time, and get me to sleep.

Could use some advice on other techniques or ways I might still work out.

>no allcaps larping in this thread
Based
>>
>>50424870
While coffee won't break your fast, it'll fuck up your cut and put you in a catabolic state, making it more difficult for your body to burn fat. Just stick to snake juice, lemon juice and ACV. I used to drink well over a pot a day and haven't had any issues cutting coffee out of my diet.
>>
>>50435061
Thanks. I had a feeling it had to do with water weight but i wasn't quite sure.
Also, wouldn't it be 5250 calories? I thought 1 pound of body fat was 3500 (1.5 x 3500 = 5250). Or am I missing something here?
>>
>>50434466
What bf are you at/think you're at? If you're lean, your body doesn't have the excess fat necessary to go for 72+hour fast. Don't focus on getting to a specific weight, focus on getting ripped, even if it's over what your goal weight was.
>>
I almost just fucked up my dry fast. I masturbated and compulsively went to swallow it for gains and a drop hit my tongue before I realized.
Don't worry though, I spit it all out, and then some.
>>
>>50435289
A pound of bf is less than 3500 kcal. Cole discusses it on one of his videos. He was averaging 1.5lb loss a day on a dry fast and said he sat on his ass the entire time. You can't burn 5000+ calories being being lazy.
>>
So, my hair is getting a bit thinner and I have very slight spot balding in some areas (I can see a noticeable difference in my hairline, but it isn't receding, it's just getting thinner) now that I've been OMAD or OMEOD for the last 5 months. It's honestly close to nothing in the big picture but I can see it if I look for it, I have close to no chance for regular male patterns baldness as nobody in my close or distant family has it.

This isn't permanent right? I won't get spot baldness because of fasting, will I?
>>
Fast day fast day

I've been fasting since midday, hoping to do so until tomorrow, maybe I can stretch it out to two days
>>
File: 1502854472568[1].jpg (75 KB, 780x518)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>50434032
It's true. Nobody's perfect though (pic related). You can minimize it though by working on your chest more. I bet after doing 5 sets of pushups to failure your chest is much less saggy and looks more like pecs than moobs for example. Also, stop giving a shit.

Men have always had moobs. Nobody gave a shit until single motherhood became commonplace because sons inherited their mother's insecurity gene rather than their father's "I don't give a fuck, make me a sammich" gene. Jack Nicholas had moobs in his prime. No fucks were given 50 years ago.
>>
Can i have a skirt steak a couple hours after I break my fast?
>>
>>50435908
the problem is, it fucking bothers me so much i cant take my shirt off when i go to the beach of when i sweat alot infront of girls while other guys can i fucking hate that shit and i do 200 pushups every single day apart from my normal workout
>>
>>50435941
Probably right when you break your fast unless you have fasted for 30 or 60 days or more. Refeeding syndrome isn't really a thing for most in the industrialized world. More for like POWs.

>>50435966
Well, just take your shirt off. Who gives a shit? The world isn't /fit/. It sucks. But that's life.
>>
>>50435908
>5 sets of pushups to failure

these are the people giving you advice

/fit/ is fucking truly dead
>>
>>50435996
Relax buddy. It was a generalized statement; an example. Not saying that should be someone's daily routine or some shit.
>>
>>50435994
>Who gives a shit?
im pretty sure the girl i like will give a shit but you are right i dont give a fuck about anything in my life except for that shit
>>
>>50436016
>im pretty sure the girl i like will give a shit

Yea, and she'll have to see you naked eventually unless the lights are out if you guys fuck. Sucks, but those are the cards you're dealt. Will have to approach with the shirt, without the shirt, or not at all. Either way, it's no big deal and bitches are hoes.
>>
>>50435091
FOOT BORKED
WHAT DO?
>>
>Hitting the 36 hour mark
>Beginning to shiver and get really cold
>It's 76 degrees inside
Am I going to die brahs
>>
>>50436075
Sorry, anon. I don't know what routines to do with a broke toe. I'm sure there are some, just search. As far as fasting, you can definately do that while healing. A strict dry fasting routine (48/1 or 72/1) should speed up healing I'd imagine. Good luck. Sorry about your toe, anon. Wish you a speedy recovery. And don't worry about strength gains until fully healed. That can always come later. Don't let /fit/ insecurity complex fuck with your healing process.

>>50436095
It's normal. Detoxing sort of. You can try a cold shower, or just try getting comfy under the covers. Rest assured it will pass, and your body will get used to fasting in future fasts as well.
>>
>>50436048
but how do i not spill my spaghetti? i need help im a chronic spaghetti
>>
>>50436095
When I'm fasting a wear a light jacket inside my apartment even though it's 75 degrees.
>>
I think i've had drymouth for like 3 weeks straight. No amount of water I drink really solves the problem.
>>
When do I need to worry about refeed syndrome? I've been drinking snake juice the entire time
>>
>>50436206
How long have you been fasting? Also take B vitamins.
>>
>>50436206
5-7+ days
>>
>>50436206
what is refeed syndrome?
>>
>>50436186
Use a ziploc bag. This is /fast/. You want to fulfill your hedonistic desires, and I understand. Read Roosh's Bang book or other books of his. Maybe they will help. I dunno, I don't waste my time with that shit.

>>50436205
Why is dry mouth bad? When was the last time you saw a dentist to get your teeth cleaned?

>>50436206
Typcially you don't. Only POWs do. Are you Aushwitz mode?
>>
>>50436229
Nah but I've been fasting for 7 days approximately
>>
>>50428951
bro intermittent fasting is just skipping breakfast gtfo lmao
>>
>>50436264
You're fine. When you hit 30, 60, 100 days, then you worry about refeeding. Basically you can eat whatever (clean) otherwise. Such as lean meat is fine.
>>
Anybody else jerk off to the hot progress pics in the fb group?
>>
>>50436309
based, but only to the hot one that does not have saggy skin
>>
>>50436328
hell yeah, the ones who are already hot and fasting for some reason are the best
>>
>>50436225
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyZWojeVhyA
>>
>>50436229
The dry mouth isn't necessarily bad I guess I just have to drink so much water to counter it. Really fucking annoying when im in bed trying to get to sleep. I don't think it's my teeth. I never got dry mouth like this until a while after I started fasting.
>>
>>50436333
there was this whore who was lean and had tattoes i think she was a literal slut and wanted to be hot to get money
>>
>>50436359
Still though. If you haven't visited a dentist or got your teeth cleaned in over a year, I'd get them cleaned. You don't have to let them do anything else like drill for "cavities" they claim to see (you could go to 5 dentist and get 5 different opinions on if you actually have cavities or not). But a good cleaning is a must at least every year. And a cheap rechargable electric toothbrush and flossing every day.
>>
>>50436143
Thanks fren. Not sure if dryfasting is legit or just Cole being extreme.

I hate how hard it is to start a fast.
>>
any one else on cole's stream?
>>
>>50435007
I've been doing OMAD in the range of 1200 calories with 130g of protein and reduced carbs but not keto, usually between 60g and 100g, and 1400-1450 cal after the two days I've been lifting. This has been for 7 weeks now, My weight has gone down about 14 lbs, I've made some progress on my lifts, can tell that my pecs, shoulders, quads, and calves have changed shape and grown a little bit but I don't have tape measure numbers so it's just guessing.

Have the meal around the same time every day, I try to eat around 5:00pm but sometimes I don't get to it until around 7:00pm, and log everything you eat and you can find ways to seek out subtle alternatives with better macros and easily get a lot more out of your nutrition.

I don't think it's the ideal approach but it's definitely possible. In my case, I just want to get in the habit of lifting and learning more exercises so I will be ready to get more serious with it once I'm at my goal weight. There is more relevant reading you can do on https://leangains.com/.
>>
>Just given 3.25 lbs of dry roasted hazelnuts
Lord have mercy
>>
>>50433983
How is this a fast?
>>
Currently doing intermittent Fasting. Would it be a bad idea to eat something like peanut butter at the end of my eating period so i stay satiated longer? Or would that delay entering a fasted state?
>>
>>50436766
I guess, but it's only 16 hours of no food. When did you start doing IF?
>>
i'm unironically 400 pounds. i want to try one meal a day and see if i can stick to it, because ive tried a lot else and i don't have the willpower. will this sort of work? is it easier than other methods? i like eating
>>
currently 36 hours into a 48 hour fast
my first fast ever was friday for 30 hours, I felt completely fine the whole time aside from the diarrhea I got after my first meal (900 calorie breakfast, to be expected)

I was thinking about fasting every Monday and Wednesday for the entire day, dinner of the previous day to 11 oclock of the next day so like 40 hours total.

Is strategy this sustainable or optimal? Or is it better to either do short IF days or long fasting periods and this medium I want isn't good enough?
>>
>>50436869
Stop
Fucking
Eating
>>
>>50436869
No. If you don't have discipline.
>>
>>50436882
Baby what's your situation? It depends solely on your high/weight ratio.
>>
>>50436491
Dry fasting is a thing. Forces your body to rip open fat cells to make water.
>>
what is the point of having massive muscles? it's like driving back and forth to work in rush hour traffic with a v12. there's no use for it and it takes a shitload of fuel and money. how often do you have tom lift a burning car off of someone or wrestle a bear? efficiency is better. if you're that scared of the world and you feel so vulnerable just get some pepper spray.
>>
>>50436903
>>50436882
5'7" 190 pounds
>>
38 hours in and it feels like my heart is thumping but when i measure it's only 65 bpm (normal resting is like 62 for me). is this anything to be concerned about? i've never gone longer than 24 before.
>>
>>50437009
No
>>
File: 1549307930973.jpg (59 KB, 918x816)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>50436995
>>50436995
You can achieve your goals with that routine if you can stick to it and going OMAD rest of the days.

>Pic related 5 months of OMAD miracle some dudes from fast threads
>>
>>50437114
thanks, appreciate it
most of the alternate day "fast" info i could find from normalfag internet still wants you to eat 600+ calories a day, which isn't fucking fasting
>>
>>50437114
That dude is 6 ft and 147 lbs according to that plebbit thread. Started at 202, lost 55 lbs in 4.5 months with OMAD. Didn't count cals and just went by satiety.

That would be hard to do tbh_fam_. Does /fit/ think a 6 ft dude should weigh that little?
>>
>>50434279
Been fasting since Thursday. Going to break it on Thursday and fast again Saturday to Saturday (that's when Orthodox lent ends)
Absolutely mogging my family that can barely even keep the religious fast (read: basically a pescaterian diet)
It's funny. I'm not actually religious, though I like the idea and almost wish I could believe, but at least I have the balls to say it. Most people around me try to find the easy way out fasts and the such, if they keep them at all. It's disgusting how common it is. The point is you don't indulge yourselves for a while. Do you really think your Lord cares if you eat meat or cheese? The point is spiritual exercise in the form of restraint. Fat fucks
>>
>>50437475
better to start as a skelly than to start with 50 pounds of fat weighing you down.
>>
>>50437783
I mean it is still a safe BMI. Just so unusual in today's age really.
>>
File: 1554212082835.jpg (658 KB, 1920x1948)
658 KB
658 KB JPG
>>50437826
Yea plus being that lean makes you look 10 years younger what's wrong with that?
>>
>>50422840
Is there some sort of post fatigue/weakness to fasting that impacts performance in the gym? I was on a 36 hour fast on thursday to friday last week then did a 24 hour fast on saturday. Ate normal since then, went to the gym today and was having trouble in lifting. What I could lift with ease before I began fasting, I could barely lift when I went to the gym today. Is this some sort of weakness that will pass away?
>>
why is your spokeman rambling like a true /r9k/ robot these days?
>>
Will any of these break a fast?
>>
>>50438252
It's none of your business sweetie
>>
>>50438339
Teehee
>>
>>50438336
just the first 2
>>
>>50438361
So just the tea?

I’m unsure about the Arizona desu
>>
>>50438384
take pic of content
>>
>>50438405
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arizona-Zero-Calorie-Green-Tea-with-Ginseng-128-Fl-Oz/10450330

Also what’s wrong with the unsweetened black tea?
>>
>>50438483
It might fuck up your gut hence you have to eat to relieve the odd feeling/pain that's basically why. stay away from tea, coffee is somewhat ok though
>>
>>50438483
i dont know m8 i dont buy that shit i can only tell you about what i have consumed and tried out
>>
>>50422840

You guys should put this video on OP concerning muscle loss and fasting, it's really good

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iz8RtmBl8vc
>>
>>50438252
virgin robot: hates all women to the point where it memed itself into homosexuality
snake chad: wants women to be beautiful and all around better versions of themselves
>>
>>50438483

Unless you want to extend your headaches during fasting, do not drink anything with caffeine in it

Stop this addiction anon, it's fucking pathetic
>>
>>50438511
>can only tell you about what i have consumed and tried out

Which is?
>>
>>50438336

It will probably interfere with the autophagy
>>
>>50438556
>Which is?
coffee and la croix they did not broke my fast
>>
File: 1.png (408 KB, 383x508)
408 KB
408 KB PNG
>>
File: 2.png (357 KB, 382x508)
357 KB
357 KB PNG
>>
File: 3.png (276 KB, 383x508)
276 KB
276 KB PNG
>>
>>50438984
yes
>>
So /fast/ changed my life and has kept me much healthier and toned for 6 months now. I just have a couple of questions still

So black coffee, why should I not drink it before low impact fasted cardio? I thought it accelerated autophagy and fat loss?

Secondly lifting. I love lifting and do it 4 times a week but I don’t lift on fasts because I am worried it would cause muscle loss. Is this correct? Give me reasons to or not to lift while in a 3-4 snake juice fast

Post body just for proof of what fasting can do for already fit people
>>
>>50438984
>>50438988
>>50438994

based
>>
>>50439067
Lifting during your fasts actually helps preserve muscle if you aren’t damaging the muscles. Keeping the muscles engaged keeps them around.
>>
>>50439503

Please explain anon. I thought lifting would damage them when combined with 0 caloric intake and thus no protein.

If you do lift I assume you should do a lot less heavier and focus on higher reps?
>>
>>50439917
The idea is to work them but not to any kind of failure. Body weight stuff mostly, maybe light light weight.

Basically it promotes HGH and tells your muscles that they aren’t fuel. Imagine if our ancestors had bodies that would break down muscle before fat stores (like in sedentary subjects)? They wouldn’t survive long.
>>
File: 1465752782928.jpg (173 KB, 800x600)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
Anybody tried getting into keto before an extended fast?

I've done plenty of 24 hour fasts, a couple 48s and a weeklong one, but fuck me if I don't get fucked up by the end of day 2.
I'm going to get into keto and try for a 3+ day one. Just need to work out some OMAD keto meals.
>>
Is there any benefit to a single day water fast?
I've woken up a bit nauseous and feel like giving it a go
>>
>>50440146
Yes, a 24 hour fast is good for your health.
>>
>>50440160
I know coffee has its detractors on here, but some black coffee (nothing added) won't "break" the fast will it?
>>
>>50440171
no
>>
Will I break my fast if I drink a little bit of blood? I bit my tongue and got a little wound that was bleeding, a weird question but couldn't find anything relatable.
>>
>>50440004
>keto omad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WBRloSIEf8
It's easier to ease yourself into keto by fasting than easing yourself into fasts with keto. Have you tried doing a few weeks of OMAD? Time your meals in such a way that once you start fasting, you'll be exercising at that time instead
>>
>>50422840
Ia alternate day fasting safe while i have a broken hand?
I've been told long fasts are bad for recovering bones, but ADF isn't as agressive with the body

I cant lift anyway
>>
Can I incorporate the occasional fast when bulking? I'd like to do it for the health benefits and a challenge
>>
>>50427993
>Comes to fasting general
>Literally can't go more than 16 hours without eating multiple times

Embarrassed for you. Man the fuck up.
>>
>>50440494
You can try omad, though it might be hard on bulking. A softer fast like 20:4 should be feasible. Or you can eat a bit more in the week and have a day when you eat nothing, like anti-cheat. Or do both. Or neither. I'm not your father. You can't make me pay for those bills. Get away from me.
>>
File: 95f.png (42 KB, 655x509)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
How do I will power?
>>
>>50440701

In regards of not eating? Just get rid of all temptations surrounding you.

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2016/11/3/13486940/self-control-psychology-myth?fbclid=IwAR3Z5BSmq_xBkhKFzg7joBySBoHzJfYUPHVZ9lrRri8vsis_KUqV0W9z7_4
>>
>>50424865
For different reasons, do not drink anything from a plastic bottle.
Beverages with no caloric content are fine for your fast tho
>>
Most resources advise starting the fast after a night of sleep, last meal being supper, can I start it after lunch? When do I start counting the hours? When I finished my last meal? Should I take some precautions with the last meal?

For how long should I eat small meals after I break the fast? (3 to 4 days fast)
>>
>>50440729
>vox

Never ever did i filtered one IP so quickly.
>>
>>50440875
Start the fast in the morning imo. Because you'll feel relieved that you get a free 8 hours added to your fast the night of your first day
>>
>>50440494
Cole bulks while fasting, but he's also a madlad. I'd imagine eating 4000cal every other day with optimal hormones in your system from fasting would work, just not as efficiently and eating all day, and I would rather kys myself than eat 6-8 meals a day
>>
File: 1549861752750.png (500 KB, 600x737)
500 KB
500 KB PNG
>>50422840
god damn man fasting is so fucking boring

i wish i could just jam a cattle prod through my skull and into the area of my brain responsible for flavor and electrically stimulate it
>>
File: 66ef00f7.jpg (9 KB, 222x256)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
Wait, I'm supposed to eat salt when fasting? Doesn't it break my fast? I'm doing 20hr fasts a day and my head feels weird, pls help lads
>>
I ended up breaking my fast 1 day short (6 days total) and now I wish I hadn't. I ate a relatively small meal and I'm almost in food coma, what is this. I feel bloated to all fuck. I wish I had stuck to the eggs
>>50441560
Doesn't break a fast, what the fuck. And you don't need SJ for IF, only for extended fasts (more than 72 hours). Stop being a pussy
>>
>>50428947
Are you still fat after all that fasting
>>
>>50433983
>eating
>thinks he is fasting
>>
Where do you lads get your "food grade" Epsom salts? I looked for them in GNC and all they had was scented bath salts. Is the generic unscented Walmart stuff meant for soaking appropriate? I got a couple days of shit that I need to get out of me before I get a good baseline weight
>>
File: no salt.jpg (20 KB, 769x251)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>50422840
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
only shit mixed with salt exist
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
fucking impossible to find in a physical store
pharmacy can order both but it will come in liquid vial for injection
>supplement electrolytes
only intravenous solution has to be prescribed by a doctor

everything has to be complicated and expensive in my country
>>
>>50442411
Just get the one with the highest K/Na ratio and figure out how much salt to add. We were taught to solve linear 2x2 systems in middle school
Magnesium sulphate isn't necessary, though now that I think of it would have helped me a lot the past couple of days. I remember
Also, this is if you fast beyond 72h, if it's lower it's unnecessary
>>
>>50442567
I want to do a 96h hours fast.
I will get some fancy spring water with 160mg/l magnesium in it.
For the Potassium chloride I will tweak the quantity hoping they didn't add too much shit to the mix.
>>
File: 1470946027034.jpg (58 KB, 239x635)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
/fast/ I need your help

I've started intermittent fasting about a month ago and this last fast of 48 hours in the first 24 hours gave me a headache who vanished almost instantly after eating.

What should I do with the headaches? did I fuck up?
>>
>>50442687
Get through it next time it's temporary.
>>
do I need SJ for a 48hr fast? Or is salt water enough?
>>
Thinking I should refeed today, Thursday (Last Supper, lol), then fast til Sunday which is Easter for you heathens. That would be 2 48s and a 72, which I hope will give me good momentum while not rendering me completely useless at work. Is this a good idea? What should I refeed with?
>>
>>50443289
Plain water is fine
>>
>>50442402
I take doctor's best brand magnesium glycinate tablets separately. They're on amazon
>>
>Coming up on 24 hours fasting
>Hunger really hitting
GIVE ME YOUR POWER FRIENDOS
>>
>>50443633
Sorry lad, I'm using my power to get to 48
>>
When should I drink water + salt? past 72 hrs? and in what amounts? also are the headaches normal?
>>
Haven't been here since last year, are you all still scared of dry fasting?
>>
>>50443861
>Haven't been here since last year, are you all still scared of dry fasting?
NO

Ciara dry fasts
>>
>>50443716
If you're going to go past 72 hours, you can start it from day 1. Amount isn't set. If you feel dizzy or are having a headache, sip some
>>50443861
Kinda. Not going to do it while gymming. I'm going to have to take a break from gym next week though so I'll try a few days dry with some bodyweight full body program. I don't live alone though. My mother already almost gets a panic attack from me not eating, while I felt fine. If I'm visibly unwell as most describe dryfasting, she's going to break down. So I'll try it but it probably won't last long
>>
I'm about 36 hours into my dry fast, and have a wicked headache. Is this normal/should I start licking salts?
If so, will table salt do, and will that break it as a "dry" fast?
Or should I just chill and hope it will pass? Going for about 84 hours.
>>
>>50444351
No, you're going to fuck up your tongue and gut. Chill and hope it passes. Listen to some soft music or read a book. You can also try to stay in a room of absolute (as well as you can do) darkness, try to sleep or meditate
>>50443633
༼ つ _ ༽つ take it all you slut ༼ つ _ ༽つ
If it's your first time, it's fine to do 1-2 days. Your body gets accustomed, just make sure to do them often. OMAD when you eat and lift at the time you'd be eating when you don't. My record is 24, 48, 48, 72, 72, 60, 84, 84, 140. It gets easier both with repetition and when you pass 72
>>50443295
Generally you want something very low in carbs, not too many calories (aim for about 500kcal) and easily digestible. The best candidates are raw eggs, then raw meat, if you don't mind it
>>
>>50422840
Just got gyno surgery and won't be able to lift for about a month, can't work for 1-2 weeks. Will fasting help speed up my recovery?
>>
Is fasting on non-work days almost impossible for anyone else?
At work I never eat anyway, but on weekends I can't distract myself enough.
>>
>>50444782
Possibly but you should talk to your doctor. And probably a couple more since fasting isn't everyone's cup of tea
>>50444801
It's easier when you are occupied, pick up a hobby. Remember, all you have to do is not eat that day. There are no excuses
>>
I'm binging on a packet of sweets, help
>>
I JUST ATARTED A 72H FAST BECAUSE ON THURSDAY I HAVE A BODY COMPOSITION TEST TO CHECK MY BODYFAT PERCENTAGE

HOW DO I SURVIVE I ALWAYS FAIL ON DAY 2
>>
>>50444931
Yeah the problem is that I work on my hobbies all day, but I still get distracted. I think I'm too conditioned to eat on weekends. Will try to push through though.
>>
>>50439067
I came here to say post body and be a dick but I’m convinced. Do you mind posting a before for me and sharing exactly how you fasted, like how many days at a time and what did your diet look like while not fasting? Did you do 3 days fast and 4 in a regular calorie deficit? Any cardio? Ec stack?
>>
I'm getting Super-Diarrhea every time I break my 40 hour fast. Is there a way to counteract this? I tried coconut oil and apple cider vinegar but it's still a chocolate river half an hour later

Other than that, I fucking love fasting
ty /fast/
>>
>>50445352
It'll always happen when you refeed after fasting. Always.
>>
>>50444970
snake juice my man

and jerk off every time you would eat something
>>
Starting another fast. Going for 72 hours minimum.

>>50445352
>>50445475
Huh? I've done several 60+ hour fasts in the past month and I've never had Diarrhea when breaking my fasts. I always break with vegetable soup or bone broth, then after an hour or so, just plain beef.
>>
>>50423434
A noose might serve you better.
>>
File: 1539917187156.jpg (410 KB, 853x1202)
410 KB
410 KB JPG
>>50441472
Same
>>
Can you safely take snake juice while on SSRI?
>>
>>50445560
>>50441472
I never eat breakfast, so I spend what.. 2 hours MAXIMUM eating every day, but somehow my entire life becomes boring while fasting. How can 2 hours out of 24 make such a difference?
>>
>>50445496

I just mean surviving the hunger pains
>>
If my tdee is around 2400 calories and I fast for two weeks would I lose about 10lbs of fat in those two weeks? When coming off the fast do I just eat in a slight deficit for a while (1-2 weeks) and then back into two weeks fast?
>>
>>50445994
You might lose more, desu. I'm pretty sure fasting kicks your metabolism into overdrive. I have a pretty much identical TDEE (i.e. very little exercise), and yet it seems like I very consistently lose around 1lb (not counting water weight) per day when fasting.
>>
I broke a fast with my usual (steak, eggs, cucumber)... and a danish (yea yea cheat meals never make it etc).

The thing is, once I ate the danish, I felt like ABSOLUTE SHIT. Within minutes.

Is this psychosomatic or a reaction to processed bread after a month of not touching the stuff? Only sweet stuff I've had is ice cream since I started fasting.
>>
>>50445994
Oh, and to answer your other question, it really doesn't matter. Coming off of a fast, you can eat for a day and then just get right back into it if you want. If you trust that you can moderate yourself, then you can refeed for a week or two if you want, but that'll slow down your progress overall, and you might risk eating too much and gaining weight back if you aren't careful with yourself. Personally, I would recommend week long fasts + 1 day refeeds, but that's just what works for me. In my experience, you can reliably go a week of fasting without even having to touch snake juice so long as you aren't sweating and exerting yourself a lot, and you avoid having to be super autistic about what you eat for a refeed.
>>
>>50423509
1 L water = 1 kg = 2.2 lb

don't panic about 1 lb. focus on your measurements and your body fat %.
>>
>>50446798
Carbs on a refeed are a nono.
>>
>>50446788
Well I found a few ways to sort of cheat the fast into being easier and I’ve wanted to really try it out anyways. I’m probably gonna wait until after Easter because it’s one of the only occasions I’m allowing myself to actually enjoy food, but after that I’m gonna see how much I lose in a two week fast.

Ec stack for obvious reasons, salt and zero calorie gaotirade for electrolytes, and something I don’t see talked about in regards to fasting is melatonin. Melatonin because I found if I eat very low calories or fast (I’ve done 48 hours before) falling asleep is super hard and the sleep quality is shit. 10 mg melatonin and I’m ktfo and fully rested the next day.
>>
How can I lose 55 kilos in 3 days?
>>
>>50446903
Divorce.

Thank you I'll be here all week.
>>
>>50446861
>carbs on a refeed are a nono
I fasted for 5 days and had 700 carbs for two days in a row. What are you talking about?
>>
>>50446903
Chop off a limb.
Though I do wonder what's the max you can lose. Combining DNP with water fasting (because dryfasted DNP sounds like a horrible idea) and maybe swimming all day (would help not getting cooked by DNP). An ECA stack perhaps. You'd be losing pounds by the hour. Minor inconvenience though, you'd likely die.
Someone needs to do this, for science. Preferably starting very fat
>>
>at ~48 hours
>keto stick tests positive for ketone bodies
>still feel like shit all day

When do the superpowers kick in, bros?
>>
>>50423430

I did 72h dry fasting and I had the most vivid dreams I've ever had. I either had very sexual dreams or full-blown night terrors after only 30 minutes of falling asleep three days in a row.
>>
>>50435908
you have kids with this guy and wonder if that joint you smoked during pregnancy fucked up your kids face lol
>>
File: pikaçu ur next.jpg (52 KB, 500x700)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>50444932
stop.
>>
I’m at 48 hours fasted and want food lads. I understand that going 72 would reap more loss than just 48 but...I miss eating.
>>
>>50447355
Take the challenge. Are you that weak? Or are you hard. Stay hard motherfucker.
>>
Have any of you guys done endurance training while fasting > 24 hours?
>>
>>50447355
If you need to lose weight, consider if the HABIT of eating is more important than your health. You're not hungry or in pain, just bored. That's what I try to tell myself as I walk around with all this extra weight on me. It's amazing that I've lost 25 lbs and I'm still fat, after lying to myself for years...
>>
Anyone else get irritable when fasting?
>>
Being naked during a fast feels so good. Anyone else feel this?
>>
>>50447374
>>50447785
Thanks anons, I'm powering through. I'm currently 172.2lb, 6' down from 188lb. Aiming for mid 160s.
>>
>>50447820

I thought I was the only one. After 38+ hours I get pretty moody and the littlest things piss me off. I snapped at someone once, almost for zero reason and that's usually not like me
>>
60 hours in and this seems to have cured my >tfw no gf

mostly because when my mind goes idle i'm thinking about jalepeno sausage
>>
>>50447785
>It's amazing that I've lost 25 lbs and I'm still fat, after lying to myself for years...
iktf
>>
>>50447941
Buddy you don’t need to fast, at that size you need to lift heavy 3x a week and eat at a 200 deficit-maintenance while doing cardio on nonlift days. Stay hard.
>>
migrate

>>50448039

>>50448039

>>50448039
>>
What the fuck is snake juice
>>
>>50448232
water with electrolytes, safer to fast on

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.