[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: mother.png (281 KB, 534x568)
281 KB
281 KB PNG
FAQ
/fast/ discord
>https://discord.gg/dknZqPb
What is /fast/?
>Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

Why should I fast?
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11147801
>https://www.reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
>https://idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
>Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

How do I safely do an extended fast?
>Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
>Mix these in 2L of water and sip it throughout the day.
>[OPTIONAL] 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar and 4 tbsp lemon juice. DO NOT MIX with snake juice, drink separately.
>You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent farting.

Won’t I go into starvation mode?
>No. The mainstream definition of starvation mode is a myth. Read the FAQ linked below for more information.

Will (something with calories) break my fast?
>Yes.

Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
>You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

Do I need a multivitamin?
>No

Prolonged fast Q&A: https://fast.fandom.com/wiki/FAST_FAQ

https://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php

Previous thread:
>>49983074
>>
What's your favorite food to break a long fast with?
>>
teehee broke my fast today!
feel very full, will be back on the grind the day after tomorrow (tomorrow i drink the snake juice)
>>
>>50006689
Kimchi, bone broth, and an egg on day 1.
More eggs on day 2, plus cheese.
Meat (small amount) on day 3.
>>
File: v4revgm881h21.png (109 KB, 500x300)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
Day 18 of 30.

I've lost 23lbs so far. Still need to lose 17 to reach my goal.

The hunger has subsided, but every once in a while I'll get an insane urge to eat chicken wings and mozarrella cheese sticks. REEEEEEE!!!!!

Gotta stay strong though, everybody.

We're all gonna make it.
>>
Both snake juice recipes are awful to me, any way else to get in the electrolytes ?
>>
>>50007046
I also hate sipping snake juice.
Here is what I do:
1/4 tsp of each mineral, right on my tongue, knocked back with water.
4 times a day with Potassium and Baking Soda, twice a day with Sodium and Magnesium.
Doesn't taste any better, but it's over with quick. Like a shot of tequila.
Just don't do it all at once. I space mine about four hours apart throughout the day.
>>
I need advice from experienced fastest:
I’m actually doing water fasting now after much reluctance to the idea. I’m starting with today as one day, and then I’ll resum eating in a deficit the next few days just because I have meat that will go bad and I’d rather not waste money. But idk what length of fasts is best.

Should I do 1 meal every 6 days or 3days on 1 off? Or should I something like 21 days, then eat low carb protein dense in a deficit for like a week before resuming another couple weeks fast? I have about 40lbs to lose.
>>
>>50007282
If this is your first time fasting, try for 7 days. Stop at 3 if you really feel like dogshit.

It gets easier each time you do it.

Once you make it your first week try for 21.

You got this, bro.
>>
>>50007282
Fast as long as you can, desu.
The first 72 hours are the absolute worst. You wake up on day 4 and your stomach has totally surrendered, and it's easy sailing from then.
>>
i know it would be different for everybody, but what do you guys think the optimal fasting time would be for weight loss. i usually do a 20|4 fast and just wanted to know if thats whats best for me at the moment
>>
So this is my first 'long' fast (OMAD before this) and I am coming up on 70 hours.

First day sucked, but now I feel fine.

My pee smells super weird, and I haven't read anything about that. I am drinking about 1L of snake juice erryday.

Have I fucked something up anons?
>>
>>50007514
no, you’re just going into ketosis because your body has run out on its store of glucose. make sure to check your blood pressure and take in enough fluids with electrolytes.
>>
>>50007360
>>50007353
Thank you for the advices. I can get over the initial feelings of shit, but my only concern is falling asleep. When I’m starving it’s next to impossible for me to do.

I might get some melatonin to cheat not being able to sleep desu
>>
>>50007577
Awesome, thanks bro.
>>
>>50007607
I had the same issue. Pushing my magnesium intake towards the end of the day helped a lot.
>>
>>50007383
As long as possible. 20/4 ain't shit.
>>
What do you guys do in terms of alcohol. I'm a bitch and can't neck pure spirits but beer is full of carbs and most mixers are sweet (or full of carbs) and will spike insulin levels. What do?
>>
>>50007878
Don't drink while fasting, alchy.
Have some willpower and leave the bottle alone for a while.
>>
Been off the fast wagon for 2 weeks since my grandpa died. Despite the binge eating, only gained 2 lbs. Starting a 2 week fast today, currently 206 lbs, 6'1, lost 60 in the past 6 months from OMAD mixed with 3 day fasts. Want to get down to 170 by summer time.
>>
You guys think I could get from 173lb (that's without water weight) to 158lb fasting for 10 days?
>>
Just started fasting two weeks ago starting with OMAD. Just finished my first 48 hour fast and ate a small salad and soup with chicken and bacon, roughly 600 calories all together. Should I have eaten more? Fell so stuffed like I was going to throw up. Debating whether I should fast for another 48 or longer. What do you guys think?
>>
>>50008207
If 173 is already dry, then probably not.
If, for some reason, you absolutely NEED to hit 158 then I would end it with a 2-3 day dry fast. That might put you under.
>>
>>50007213
I'll try this tomorrow, have you had any problems with this ? I know Potassium can be dangerous taken in large quantities, just not sure how dangerous it can be.
>>
Do any of you guys get the chills while fasting? I end up with multiple layers and a hat on indoors because I'm so damn cold.
>>
If I fast every other day how long do you think it would take to lose about 40 pounds? I want to eat on days I work out
>>
>>50008298
A 1/4 tsp of Potassium is less than 15% of your RDA.
It's fine, I've had no issues so far.
>>
Last year went on keto and 2 days fast (big negative cal intake per week, less than 20g at any day) and lost 4kg in 3-4 weeks time frame.

This year after bulking up to 215 / 97.5kg (i"m 6'1 - 186cm) want to drop to 190 / 86kg and thinking of doing the following:

Mon / Tues all day fast
Wed - 1250 Cals (min. carbs)
Thurs / Fri all day fast
Sat / Sun 1250 Cals (min. Carbs)

The math for CICO works out, if I include all the exercise and sports that I usually do then it puts me at a 6 week time frame.

Any recommendations or things to look for? I'm just slightly worried about salt / potassium related shit - do I even need to drink snake juice?
>>
>>50008270
No, 173 is 24 hours fasted, not dry. I just shed most of my water weight with work and cardio. Dry is 169lb, at least according to a week ago.
>>
>>50008411
It's possible, then. During the first three days of Lent I dropped ten pounds. Fasting weight loss can be inconsistent.
I'd still dry fast at the end, if you to squeeze out everything you can. 15 pounds in ten days is a little optimistic, but possible.
>>
>>50006853
In a row? How are your workouts
>>
Trying to lose 30ish lbs in 4 months. What's the best fast schedule for this?
>>
>>50007928
I'm planning on breaking tommorow. Just asking for non-sweet low carb mixers.
>>
>>50008817
OMAD & exercise

I've been doing OMAD and keto since 1st Jan and I've lost 25 lbs
>>
I realize the idea is to reset eating habits, to stop eating like fat fucks. But if one completes a long fast, loses like 20lbs of fat. If they then go and have a cheat day (let’s say a shit load of pizza and cheese sticks, 5000+ calories) do they store it all more easily? Or would they just store the excess calories like someone who hasn’t been fasting would?

Not that I intend to do this, just curious if I can go back into a slight calorie surplus in the future or not
>>
>>50008875
If you are on keto and have a cheat day full of carbs, the weight you gain is mostly water. Look in the mirror at the end of a good cheat day, you will be full as fuck in the shoulders and arms.

If you are addicted to watching the scales drop (like I am), then I would avoid the cheat day at all costs - or at least limit it to a cheat meal
>>
>>50008875
I binge on tortilla chips and salsa/guac every time I finish a fast. It's my crutch food.
Doesn't matter. Once you do a few fasts, you realize how much control you have over your weight. Fast down to a healthy weight and you will never be fat again. You will always have the willpower to cut down if you need to.
>>
6ft2, decent amount of muscle, but weigh 124KG (274lbs), I carry the weight well but I want better health and to be able to see my muscle gains.

I take Sertaline everyday, literally zero alcohol for about a year and a half now.

I want to get to about 200lb, or just a comfortable and healthy look. Thinking of doing 72 hour fasts then refeeding with steak, eggs and some salad or something.

Will probably drink only water and take multivitamins during the fasting periods.

Any advice?
>>
>>50008858
Ahh, okay. I usually mix highballs. Gets you drunk while staying low carb. You can dilute it to your liking if you don't like the strong liquor taste.
>>
>>50008915
But there’s no metabolism set back type shit if I just continue to eat healthy after I lose the fat?

Alright if I’m gonna be honest I lied at the end of my post, kind of. When I have abs again I want to order a fuck ton of junk food (like multiple pizzas and a mountain of burgers) just to take a picture of myself flexing with it to post on social media claiming that to be my daily diet. It’s just to fuck with normies. Obviously I’d eat some of that shit but no way I’m going through this just to kill entire large pizzas and keep the cycle going.
>>
>>50008948
This is actually motivating to make this my lifestyle. What about if I want to gain strength or more muscle? It’s pretty easy for me to do that but only while in a caloric surplus
>>
>>50008869
Okay thanks anon never heard of it but I'll look into it.
>>
Does snus affect a?
>>
>>50009024
- one meal per day
- eat all your food within an hour window
- workout in a fasted state

you will hate the keto food, you will get bored of it. You will crave junk food and carbs

You have to be willing to go through some suffering to get the body you desire. After a while you will come to enjoy the suffering (or maybe I'm just fucked up)
>>
>>50009023
I'm gonna say something controversial here, but I don't think muscle gain is tied to CICO the way we think it is.
This is just my personal experience, but over the course of four weeks I went to the gym 6 times per week, resting on Sundays. I tracked my body fat and caloric intake during this time.
Eating OMAD around my gym time (four-hour eating window after the gym), and at a caloric deficit, and completely fasting on my rest day, I went from 205 lbs to 200 lbs.
Composition-wise, I went from ~21.5% body fat to ~13.5% body fat.
Which means that I put on ~10 pounds of muscle in four weeks while OMAD at a ~600 kcal deficit.

This is just my personal anecdote, but I think if you guys work out regularly while doing your fasts, and track this info, you'll see the same thing.
I think fat is largely dependent on food intake, and muscle is largely dependent on exercise. We've seen studies showing that fasting is extremely muscle-sparing if you remain active, which means that your body becomes very efficient at recycling muscle protein when you're fasting. Yes, your muscle is broken down for protein, but it is then re-incorporated to rebuild the muscle. So it's a possible logical extension that your body can still efficiently build muscle at a deficit if you provide the stimulus needed to grow stronger.

I'm a layperson, though. What the fuck do I know.
>>
>>50006689
Fish. All the fish.
>>
>>50009155
>gained 10lbs of muscle over four weeks
My dude you fucked something up, that's not possible even on roids. You're definitely under estimating fat. Do you use calipers?
Regardless I think you're right in some sense. I think protein, hormones, and exercise are far more important than calories to gain mass
>>
>>50009034
maybe, but it definitely makes you a colossal faggot
>>
>>50009362
Navy tape method, skinfold calipers, and the impedance thing they have at my gym. Different body fat readings, but consistent net change.
I shouldn't have said muscle mass, "lean" mass is more accurate, which isn't necessarily muscle. But I'm just sharing my numbers.
I'm not confident in the SFC measurements, as I'm was new to using them, but I'm confident in my taping (used to tape the fatties all the time in the Army) and the impedance device doesn't need my input at all.
>>
File: IMG_20190314_174852.jpg (1.07 MB, 3264x1386)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
OMAD fag here

Weighed myself today fully clothed

I swear that I weigh 72.7 kg but pic related says I'm 73 kg (160 lb)

I need to be 70 kg, I'm currently 5'11 ft manlet.

Assuming I don't wear any clothes, I guess I would weigh around 72-71 kg (157-159 lb)

I know I'm fat but I almost feel I'm reaching my goal bros
>>
File: IMG_20190306_150042.jpg (1.32 MB, 2448x1582)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
>>50009481
Pic is from a week ago
>>
>>50007514
Weird smelling piss is normal, its all the ketones. Wouldn't worry.
>>
>>50009428
Dude that just means you changed the ratio of lean/fat mass. Not that tiy gained muscle.
>>
>>50008875
Fasting fixes your insulin resistance, youll feel quicker so you wont be able to eat all that
>>
>>50008343
for me i was losing about 8-10 pounds a month when i was fasting every other day
>>
So im not hungry at all but im bored as shit and the only thing i can think about is food, how do i get these thoughts out of my head?
>>
>>50008719
Yeah, in a row. My workouts haven't suffered too much. I've just been doing steady state cardio and bodyweight exercises.
>>
>>50007878
Any alcohol breaks a fast.
>>
I am ninety minutes away from completing my first 72 hour fast. I had half toyed with the idea of eating tomorrow morning instead of tonight, making it something like an 80-84 fast, but I'm going crazy now. I know I still have fat to live on, but I've felt some weird pangs in my liver and my stomach feels like it's pulsing, so I've been weirded out enough to give into food. Once I complete 72 hours, of course. It was my original goal, so I'm not reneging on anything, but I still feel kind of bad.
>>
File: kings biryani.png (823 KB, 982x625)
823 KB
823 KB PNG
>>50006689
a large plate full of chicken biryani with butter paneer poured all over the top
>>
How long do you guys wait before you eat real food after a fast?

I just got done with 10 days. Had bone broth with some mixing, feel completely fine.
>>
>>50007878
Rum and diet coke.
>>
>>50008817
>What's the best fast schedule for this
Don't eat till you hit your goal.
>>
>>50006689
Bucket of KFC
>>
>>50010141
Do something.
>>
>>50007213
you want a tighter window than that
>>
Haven’t ate anything for a day now. Fuck. At least it is the first time i have made it all the way without saying fuck it.
>>
>>50010524
I also have not drank anything all day. Only got a couple more hours bros. I am gonna make it.
>>
Just wanted to thank you guys in these threads. I'm doing a 22:2 IF and I'm surprised at how well it works and how good it makes me feel. To me 22:2 already feels like OMAD but I'm trying to actually get it done to one proper meal.
>>
>my birthday is on sunday
>Been eating like a pig since yesterday
>went from 185 to 190
>still have to celebrate saturday and sunday
bros......
>>
>>50011535
You should have been more sensible, anon.
>>
>>50010372
I actually did that once. Not the best idea I ever had...
>>
Just asking cause I remember being in this thread two years ago. Is it really the 399th thread?
>>
>>50011558
yeah i know, i thought that even if a ate like a pig but did OMAD And work out it would be ok, at least i know its just this week and i will get back to fasting without a cheat week till xmas, i miss fasting
>>
>>50011577
Mark your calendar and commit yourself.
>>
>>50011594
yeah i do that, but since it was my birthday, and i was always getting offered free food i coudlnt resist, but once this week is done im back again, at least i have more fat to burn, i still look lean tho just gained some weight, im still 2 sizes smaller on my pants
>>
File: 1552217649838.png (101 KB, 600x842)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
>>50011577
Remember, if you fail you'll only have yourself to blame.

I believe in you.
>>
>>50011627
Resist.
>>
>>50011692
its impossible, i can say no to free food on normal days, but when a girls takes me out i cant just say "im on a diet" i cant miss the opportunity
>>
>>50011699
She forced you to eat like a pig?
>>
>>50011744
>She forced you to eat like a pig?
no, she invited me to eat lunch, and to drink some beers, but i ate too much dessert
>>
>>50011779
Oink
>>
>>50011779
>beers
>dessert
bro
>>
>>50011800
at least i made out with her, but i know i fucked up, gonna do a 2 day hard dry fast next week, i know when i do a normal dry fast i loose 3 lbs per day
>>
>>50006383
Does the Eucharist break fasting?
>>
Started fasting 3 days ago, so hungry and sore, everything hurts drinking some snake juice feels good but it made me shit my pants at work today... is that normal.
>>
>>50011882
yes.
>>
>>50009481

Really? That's pretty skinny. I'd say ideal weight for 5'11 180-200 lbs.

No grown man should seriously be in the 140s.
>>
>>50012219
Thanks
>>
>>50012211
lmao what you shit your pants??????
>>
Think I can recomp on alternate day fasting?
>>
>>50006853
Fasting isn't worth it
you can easily lose fat at 80% of the same frequency by going on a liquid diet
milkshakes all day bro
>>
>>50012338
Fuck you bluepilled scum, at 200lbs I look like a fatass with mantits and a large fatpad
take the redpill that you need to lose way more fat than you think. At a 28-30" waistline you can't get fatter than 145-160.
>>
I’m a beginner, just did a strength workout, have probably 20% bodyfat. Is it okay to fast today even though I trained?
>>
>>50012838
Forget fasting
just workout and recomp
fasting is a tool for impatient turbofatties
>>
Fuck I'm so tired bros, I ballooned up by an extra 66lbs and life is hell everyday. So tired
>>
File: 1535444461516.jpg (15 KB, 256x256)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>50006383
Nearing day 3 of my water fast guys. I'm not huge but I wanna lose this gut and excess fat around my legs.

started at around 95 Kg, weighed today at around 92 Kg.

I've been sucking on sea salt and drinking plenty of water, anything else I should be doing?

Would I lose the same amount of weight per day if I only ate 1 steak a day?

Not sure how long I plan to fast for, give me some advice goys.
>>
>>50012906
You're not losing shit kiddo, wait until you refeed and you gain it all back.
>>
>>50012931
I ain't plannin on refeedin, brother. Lookin for advice, not your shit.
>>
>>50012827
Im a 32 waistline and im 180. Lift.
>>
>>50012936
Fucking hillbilly
>>
>>50012979
I said 28-30, fucking having a waist bigger than 32. Just fugg
>>
File: 1535689717093.jpg (4 KB, 150x150)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>50012998
aight then bud
>>
>>50007046
Put the baking soda and the him pink salt in 000 capsules.
For the P. Chloride put 1/2 tablespoon into 500ml of water and drink.
I take about 4000mg of sodium at about a 1:3 ratio him pink salt to baking soda pills.
Also try and take about 4000mg of P, Chloride.
>>
>>50012906
>>50013028
I do this to make sure I get plenty of Sodium and Potassium.
I also take Epson Salt baths in hopes it will supplement me with Magnesium,
If you do a 1-2 hour feeding window you will be suprised at how much you can eat and still lose weight.
When I do multi-day fasts it seems I lose a lb a day, but with 2 hour feeding windows it strangely feels like almost a lb a day still.
>>
Fasting expert here. Going to tell you new fasters something shocking before you start asking questions, yes, eating will in fact break your fast. So stop asking retarded questions, thank you.
>>
I lost weight so fast that I have a bit of a funny walk now. My balance is all off and I keep slipping in the icy sidewalk since I'm not used to the new weight and slight center of mass change. I lost 30 pounds in a month I went for a walk maybe 3 times during that so I didn't adjust. I feel like a real mong but at least the weight is off.
>>
I think you're all carrying this crap way too far
you've reached a dead end with physical activity and eating healthy, so you invent stuff like 'not eating' for some imagined physical benefit
>>
>>50013054
Is that a feeding windows each day? Or a feeding window after two days of fasting?
>>
Coffee=bad on fast?
>>
>>50013138
For me it just tempts me to eat something and I don't really like straight black coffee. If it helps you go ahead.
>>
File: yevm5uV.jpg (92 KB, 1080x1313)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>50006383
Why is it that only extreme fasting is discussed in these threads? I remember 3-4-5 years ago and beyond, the main fasting method was IF.

I don't understand what is the point of extended fasting (24h+) unless in case of extreme obesity or the need to shed 20+kg of fat.

I've been lifting since 2008 casually, from Jan 2nd 2012 seriously with a short/mid/long term goals. Luckily, I've encountered IF on my first cut that very same year in 2012. I've been cutting and maintaining from approx. April to October with IF ever since. After my first cut I weighed 95.2kg and after my last one in 2018 102,5kg (193cm height). I do think that it's one of the best dietary regiments for maintaining muscle mass while cutting, as well as maintenance and generally functioning during working hours.

So, why are you guys just talking about 24h+ fasting? Are most of you beginners that are obese or what?
>>
>>50010363
Aka a skinny bitch
>>
Hey guys, can I get snakejuice ingredients at, say, Walgreens, CVS, or GNC? I have some cash but my bank account is running low so I'd rather not order online if I can help it.

-t. Burger of Gamblestan
>>
>>50013247
Browsings free
>>
>>50013261
It's one in the morning, everything except Winco is closed. Even Walmart.
>>
been fasting on gatorade zero. trying to lose the 10ish pounds i gained after i hopped off snake juice only. will i have different results. only going to do ome5d but i might do ome3d if i feel like shit. made it through day. i dont miss the headaches.
>>
I'm 260 (6'4) pounds atm. How low do you think it'd be possible to go by summer?
>>
>>50013191
It's much simpler.
Fast a long time, bulk a long time. Famine and feast
>>
>>50013191
In my case (just completed my first day) I want to cut as quick as possible. I made shit gains and bulked for like 2 years on SS. Got strong as fuck but had newbie gains at best. Took a year off and lost a lot of everything. I’ve cut the correct way in the past 110lbs+ of it. I don’t care to do a large cut like that again, takes way too long. So I’m fasting to about 15% bf and then I’ll go slowly. Then bulk up the correct way, only 500 calorie surplus instead of 2000, on a hypertrophy routine, and I’ll end it when I hit 15% again. I’ll be way ahead doing this than going slow, I also feel worse being 25% bodyfat than I do not eating.
>>
Wish I could sleep all the fucking time
>>
>>50013432
Idk how I’m gonna sleep doing this. Had shit sleep last night, maybe 4 hours and I woke up halfway through that. Second time I woke up (2:30am, been laying in bed since) I had horrible stomach pain from gas

I’m gonna get melatonin today, sleep is the biggest issue for me
>>
>>50013357
1 pound best day of fasting.
>>
After a 48 hours fast I am taking a shit now.

Is this normal lads?
>>
>>50014821
Totally normal. Happened to me 72 hours into a fast once
>>
File: 1299268869327.jpg (11 KB, 264x282)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
Any tips on hunger other than just deal with it?

Doing my first over 24h fast, 40h gone now, aiming to about 70h.

Pic related, its me drinking the 1 cup of black coffee this morning.
>>
>>50015516
Distractions, tea, water, smoking, physical activity
>>
File: 1532981117777.png (157 KB, 565x541)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
Should I start the hours of fasting right after the last meal? or when I wake up next day? probably a dumb question
>>
I started my 18:6 fast this week, thinking about doing it through the week days and on weekend would do water fast. Doing it for weight loss, no cardio and lifting for now cause I want to make it a habbit

Any thoughts? Thanks
>>
>>50010141
Shitpost on 4chan more, that'll do it.
>>
>>50010719
>To me 22:2 already feels like OMAD but I'm trying to actually get it done to one proper meal.
How do you fit two meals in two hours? I do 20:4 but it's really just a big meal within the feeding time + some snacking if I feel like it.
>>
>>50013108
>hit a plateau
>do a harder cut to break it
Isn't that what you're supposed to do while dieting?
>>
Hey /fast/ boyos

Dumb question, I did a couple of weeks of OMAD keto and liked it, I just wanted to prototype leaning out. I'll be sure to return to that before my trip to Costa Rica. But I noticed my body looks like ass when leaned out because whatever low amount of fat I hit, it just stays around my love handles / gut. It won't fucking go. I have no interest organ but, just right under the skin and shit looking. (Poor ab genetics guys)

But this isn't about that cope. I want to go hard and build mass while trying to remain as lean as possible. I was thinking of maintaining the OMAD, but dropping the keto part. I wanted to try a 40/40/20 (p/f/c) split and just lift heavy 5 days a week and do HIIT or something like that here and there.

Question is, if I eat let's say 250 kcals over maintenance daily, and workout, I should put on 1/2 lbs of lean mass weekly right? I've heard that you either eat carb heavy or fat heavy meals. Will mixing the two in my OMAD guarantee body fat increase?
>>
>>50015637
Right after you cease calorie intake.
>>
>>50015712
IF is mostly just to build willpower for OMAD, but as long as you're consistent (especially with the weekend fast) it sounds solid.
>>
Is it normal to smell alcohol? Idk if it’s my body Oder or what. It doesn’t smell like the acetone breath from keto, I’ve had that before. I have been occasionally having a few shots of some cheap rum prior to starting my fast (like last bit I had was maybe 1.5 weeks ago) but this smell smells exactly like the rum. Could my body have held rum in or something possibly and I setting rid of it?
>>
>>50006689

A plate of Sushi always does it for me.
>>
so what do you guys do all day to pass time, give me some ideas im fucking bored out of my mind
>>
>>50016630
Smash ultimate+EC stack
I’m new to the game but I’ve actually been raping anyone who’s not just using a spammy OP character
>>
>>50016640
does the EC stack make time pass faster or something? im not hungry at all just bored as fuck
>>
>>50016655
I’d say so. Basically fills me with dopamine. I only take .25-.5 doses though
>>
Guys I’m getting ready to just hop on DNP at this point.
>>
>>50016630
I can watch Kaguya-sama all day. Only good anime of the season.
>>
>>50016630

Homework or painting/drawing.
>>
File: 1465617044196.jpg (9 KB, 261x192)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>spring break starts
>kick things off with a fast while everyone else is partying and eating pizza
>>
>>50016630
Oh I forgot, between smash rounds I shitpost on /fit/
>>
>>50008322
Yeah normal
>>
>>50017156
yeah but if you keep at it you might be ready for summer, which is considerably longer than spring break
>>
>>50006383
self pity is for faggots. everyone posting here needs to learn that misery loves company. being /fit/ is a lonely lifestyle for those that understand misery like you fags do
>>
Hit 218 today from 225 starting. Got to 222lbs from just super low calories and exercise. About 30 hours into my first fast. I have food that will go bad. Will it somehow set me back if I eat it? I’d still be in a 1000 calorie deficit if I eat this
>>
I had an unprecedented 1.8 pound 24 hour loss on my 4th day of fast this morning, never lost that much so deep in a fast what gives. I've been in ketosis for 2 weeks now or so.
>>
>>50016026
After how many weeks/months should I go for OMAD or is it individual depending how I feel about my willpower?
>>
>>50017700
To quote a louie CK bit:
>how long will that take to fix it?
>no you just do that now until you die
>>
>>50017399
Is freezing it an option?
>>
>>50017156
if youre not a dumb faggot, youd be eating pizza and running long enough to burn it of the morning after
>>
>>50017799
this. if its habitual, your metabolism will follow
>>
>>50017799
>>50017812
well EXCUUUSE me, I thought this was the fasting general...
>>
>>50017819
the purpose of fasting is to RESTART whatever you were fucking up in the past in terms of eating habits. if youre going to fast, youd better start off with being active enough to be eating enough pizza and bullshit to maintain a constant weight, weight loss, or weight gain
>>
6'1" 205 lbs here.

Trying to cut down to 187 without loosing too much muscle mass. I'm planing on a 22:2 approach, where I will start the 2 hours with a protein bar and some fruit, go and lift for an hour, and then spend the last hour consuming protein shake and a large meal.

Will this be enough for me to lose weight while preserving as much strength as possible?
>>
File: fasting-mindset.jpg (44 KB, 480x480)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
Doing a Lent fast. Only eating from Friday evening to Sunday evening each week. Just finished week 2 by eating some chips and fresh salsa. Guts starting to rumble. Feels good man. Done this once before a long time ago. Lost 40 lbs. Changed my faith. Got over my depression. Thank you bros for being part of the inspiration for me to do this again. You're all going to make it.
>>
>>50015516
I've started to learn another language, and how to program. I switch between the two when I get bored.
Also, the first 48-72 hour is the worst since transitioning to ketosis is a pain in the ass. I found it passes faster if I do cardio and burn calories so even the last trace of blood sugar gets out of my system.
>>
Im planning to do a water fast for 20 weeks in order to lose 40kgs.
I have already tried a 4 day fast but I failed miserably by eating eggs and bacon but I am not going to give up.
Do you guys think its possible to go 20 weeks without food without going insane?
>>
>>50018647
practice shorter fasts and yes. drink yo' snake juice. work your way up to it. read "into thin air" first as well.
>>
>>50018710
How short should my fasts be?
>>
File: 2Ib9iXY.png (289 KB, 680x573)
289 KB
289 KB PNG
I don't know how you guys do long fasts. I am in the middle of 24h and I am so hungry

t. not gonna make it
>>
Anything wrong with this routine while fasting down from 23% bf to 15%:
2x a week
Weighted pushups 2x20
Unweighted push-ups 1x20
Tricep dips(with weight) 2x10
Weighted chins 3x4
Weighted pull-ups 2xFailure(generally 3-6)
Dumbbell rows 1x8 each side

Just did it and while it was hard, I was able to get through it. Just listened to my body and did fine, was still able to push myself with the weights and reps.
>>
>>50018750
I've found that cardio helps, as you run out of glycogen faster, and the hunger subsides sooner.
First 48-72 hours are the worst anyways.
>>
File: fat fuck.png (348 KB, 750x1114)
348 KB
348 KB PNG
>>50016630
Read manga.
>>
>>50018750
I managed to go for over 24 hours last week. Decided to try again today. Seemed easier until right about now at the 24 hour mark. My head hurts and I am so hungry. Gonna wait a bit longer and go to bed.
>>
>>50019184
Second day is worse than the first.
But headache doesn't sound right. You're sure you are drinking enough? Try to fill your stomach with water like you would be eating the water.
>>
Who here is fasting for Lent?
Most of the way through day 5 here. Feeling pretty good in general, but I get gassed really quick at the gym. Kinda shitty, desu. I've cut my cardio and basically do my compound lift (same weight and reps as before I started fasting, trying to keep my lifts from going down rather than trying to increase them) and then three or for accessories before I'm exhausted and go home.
>>
Are you supposed to keep lifting/exercising while you do this?
>>
>>50019582
I just completed my first 48 hr fast. I got a work out in see >>50018767 I’ll probbaly continue doing this (with variations to hit other muscle groups), but I’m only fasting 2-3 days at a time and am finishing the day with 20oz chicken breast and 50g carbs worth of ravioli, it’s a 1000 calorie deficit still. I’m gonna eat tomorrow too then do another 48 and so on
>>
>>50019582
Yes.
Fat has very low energy maintenance cost. Muscle, comparatively, is very high.
If you don't need muscle, your body will get rid of it during a fast.
Lifting tells your body that it still needs that muscle to function.
You might not improve your lifts (though you can still increase lifts during a fast by improving the nervous system efficiency and form), you can prevent them from atrophying by maintaining your current lifts.
>>
does fasting lower blood pressure? I've done a 7 day fast before and every time i stood up i felt light headed? Lightheadedness like that is a symptom of low blood pressure right? i may have a blood pressure test i need to pass for work and i wonder if fasting a few days before can help. I'll dry fast if i need too as well
>>
>>50020208
>does fasting lower blood pressure
yes
>>
>>50020313
how much?
>>
>>50020324
I am not a doctor and furthermore it depends on height, weight, other health factors, etc.
>>
>>50020370
but if you had to guess would you say it is significant?
>>
Is it normal to feel sore and weak whilst fasting? Im also a young dude and felt my legs killing yesterday despite no leg exercise other than walking could it be the HGH kicking in? Been on a fast since wed, went to go get ingredients for the snake juice and almost broke and got a mcflurry I want to go three more days but i feel so weak.... lost 6lbs already.
>>
File: .......png (69 KB, 264x295)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
Does it matter if the salt is iodized or not for Snake Juice?
>>
>>50020480
I think iodized salt might not dissolve as well.
I just drinking it and split it into four shots that I take through the day. Way more tolerable, imo.
>>
>>50006383
Anyone with dry fasting experience ever go for 48+ hours? Any adverse side effects? I feel fine doing ADF dry fast, usually get 48 hours total but want to know if I can go further now that I'm acclimated
>>
I am on an extended fast (8 days). Once I break the fast with some heavy cream and protein shake, how long do I have to wait before I eat proper food?
>>
File: BxMfB7t_d.jpg (29 KB, 450x600)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>50021091
There's a guy in the discord that is on Day 6 of 7.
>>
So was the whole "don't drink articial sweeteners on a fast" a meme after all? Last time I was on here people were saying tea and coffee were fine.
>>
>>50021813
I didn't mean to imply tea and coffee have articial sweeteners btw. I just mentioned them in addition because they have like 5 or so calories per average serving and people were saying it doesn't affect anything.
>>
>>50021813
Some artificial sweeteners cause insulin spikes which will take you out of some of the benefits of fasting. Which sweeteners do that? According to the studies it's all over the place. They seem to depend on the individual which is why a lot of tasters just avoid them.
>>
sup /fast/, wondering if anyone knows how I can increase my caloric intake from a pretty big deficit to something more maintenance without bouncing back and becoming a fat again? Do I just do incremental increases by day, or week? On about an 800 cal deficit as I'm trying to cut past a weight loss plateau but last time I did this, I just ended up rubber banding and gaining more than I'd lost, so I want to be smart about it this time around
>>
Do ab vacuums work lol?
>>
>>50022440
they work for sucking in your gut yeah
>>
>>50022528
Arnie did em
>>
>>50022647
that's right sweetie he did
>>
>>50022661
sweetie all you want, it works
https://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/48461-make-your-waist-smaller-with-one-exercise%EF%BC%81%EF%BC%81%EF%BC%81/
>>
>>50022440
after vaccuming for a week, all that happened was that I compressed my shit.
>>
>>50022669
works for sucking in your gut yeah
>>
so hungry right now bros
my back hurts from carrying all this fat but I cannot help it, I've been farting nonstop for days because of my shit diet hahaha slept my ass off yesterday
>>
>>50013444
Personal experience:
Some days I sleep ten hours. Most days I sleep five-ish. Some days I sleep only three hours.
I have not been any less alert throughout the day. I'm doing engineering coursework every day, and have not experienced brain fog, tiredness, or a wandering mind.
I gave up on trying to force eight hours of sleep per night. I sleep when I'm tired. Fasting spikes your adrenaline and cortisol, and this will keep you awake and alert. Best thing to do is stop fighting it. Sleep when you're tired. If you're not, find something productive to do.
>>
>>50008858
Invest in popov vodka. Best cheap vodka. You can add it almost anything and be ok.
>>
File: 1469481626136.jpg (7 KB, 300x168)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>50022706
I don't even know if I'm actually hungry, it's more like I just really want to eat yummy things.
>>
Scale finally whooshed down, feels good bros. Keep grinding. Every day you are losing fat even if the scale is being a cunt.
>>
redpill me on autophagy
>>
>>50023135
its not a miracle worker
>>
>>50023224
I don't know what it's even supposed to do
>>
god im so fucking hungry
worst part is I live right next to one of those hole in the wall mexican places that make the best burritos
>>
>>50023234
Resist.
>>
>>50023281
How is he racist for craving some burritos?
>>
>>50023232
it's primary focus here is it's supposed to help loose skin which is what most people here care about
>>
>>50023350
Eh... I don't know about most people. Maybe a few, but I think most people are /fat/ lurkers
>>
>>50023234
When the hunger hits me hard, I craft ever-more-ridiculous plans for what I'm going to eat after my refeed.
Five more weeks, lads.
>>
On day five of my fast and I'm getting headaches. Problem is I'm drinking the snake juice and pissing and shitting like crazy. Am I drinking too much or not enough?

Note: this is the first time I've done a prolonged fast (going for seven days).
>>
>>50023447
Fasting does that to you, that's why I stopped it. Don't want headaches and random pains and aches across my body
just go on a liquid fast with fresh juice
>>
>>50023447
drink snake juice until you start shitting your pants
is the headache gone?
good, you were just way behind on snake juice

if its still there, you gotta refeed
>>
>>50023447
oh I didn't read that you already shitting a ton
holy fuck dude, refeed already
>>
>>50023447
you have a electrolyte imbalance, are you sure you are mixing your snake juice correctly? refeed and see how you feel
>>
>>50023447
You should refeed. 500 calories isn't gonna set you back, and if the headache isn't going away that means something is wrong especially if it's over 24 hours with a headache
>>
I'm planning on doing water fasting 3 days a week and dry fasting 2 days a week. The others two are refeed moments that will only allow a single meal. Am I going straight to the wall or should I just keep on going knowing that it should help shed some weight?

Keep in mind I'm overweight if not more.
>>
>>50023946
i do a 6 day water fast and a 1 day OMAD. what your planning is mentally tough but the results are worth it. you should be able to drop 30lbs a month easy
>>
>>50024229
I've dropped 20lbs in about 15 days so far. I didn't have too many problems except at the start where my kidneys hurt like hell, after refeeding and since then it seems to be gone for now.

I'm only worried about the dry fasting because I know I'm going to screw it up at one point when I can't stop myself from washing my hands etc because I feel too disgusting while not clean.
>>
>>50024268
just my opinion but hard dry fasts are a meme.

interested on why you chosen to dry fast ? loose skin ?
>>
>>50013129
1-2 hr. feeding window each day.
>>
>>50016699
What is an EC stack?
>>
>>50024287
The main reason is loose skin. The second is that dry fasting is better (or at least apparently) than a water fast and having to only do it for 2 days minimize risks for me.

Even if it's truly about 3 times as effective as a water fast, I do not expect insane results. I simply hope that my loose skin go away along with the fat, which I thought 2 days each week might be helpful to do rather than pure water fasting 5 days a week, though it's also why I end up refeeding twice rather than just one.
>>
>>50024459
how bad is your skin? got a pic?
unless its really fucking bad, you should be able to recover as long as you throw even a 24h dry fast in there
>>
>>50024505
I don't have a picture but most of my body skin has been kind of teared up. My legs, belly, arms, ass etc. Even my arm joints have this. I don't even know how it got so bad, I've never even been above 250lbs and it's still got that bad around when I was sitting at 200lbs.
>>
>>50024779
you just got shit genetics, sorry to say bro. you gotta work with what you got and dry fasting will help you get there
>>
>>50024805
>shit genetics
I mean I kinda figured that out by myself when I realized that at just 24 I suffer from hypogonadism, I'm infertile and that my puberty also never went through fully. I just want some weight loss man.
>>
>>50007213
I tried that today, first two were fine, but after the second one, it gave me the runs, and some stomach pains. Did the third one and fell asleep, so I skipped out on the fourth. Just waking up though, it feels like I have heartburn, and stomach is still upset. Don't know if it was just the salts, or if it was combined with my nicotine intake. Was kind of hoping to be able to stay awake longer, only able to stay up for ~12 hours, then sleep another 3-4 is kind of awful.
If I'm a couch potato, I don't think I need to do all four, so I'll probably just do it twice a day instead.
>>
>>50023306
burrito-craving man bad.
>>
>>50016630
non stop fap.
>>
File: 1460925443342.png (51 KB, 657x527)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
Does anyone else get red eyes when fasting?Always happens for me.
>>
Trying my first real fast starting today. I've done PSMF before and it wasn't bad. Anyone else done both and can compare them?
>>
>>50025810
PSMF is much easier
snake juice fasting destroys me
>>
File: 1528628771305.jpg (34 KB, 496x600)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>50006383
Thought of the day;
Fasting is great, because when I hunger I don't feel like killing myself for some reason.
>>
File: kittyphone.png (311 KB, 477x476)
311 KB
311 KB PNG
Fasting makes your hair fall out brehs. Did OMAW/OMAD for 3 months and I regret it, my hairline's fucked now. Great weight loss but I wish I did it slower and in a way that didn't cause permanent damage like this.
If you're already bald fasting is probably ideal but if you care about your hair maybe look for alternatives.
>>
File: 1525661123798.jpg (50 KB, 626x501)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>Had to break my 5 day fast because stomach had unbearable pain
>Ate and everything is fine now
>Dropped ~10 pounds at least
>>
Holy shit this is such a meme
>regular snake fasting gives me headaches and body aches especially in my fucking mouth
>OMAD makes 0 difference except now I shit immediately after eating and my arsehole burns with righteous fury, I feel like I got pozzed it's so horrific like someone shoved a dildo coated with extra spicy chilli sauce up my ass fuck this bullshit I'm just gonna VLCD
>>
>>50006383
The only Potassium chloride I found has ferrocyanide sodium on it, and it doesn't say in which proportions, Can I use it for the snake juice recipe?
>>
>>50027614
I am a week in and have none of these issues.
You're probably doing something wrong.
>>
>>50022440
If you get good with them and do them often they can legit take like 1-2 inches off your waist. Also at least in my case I can only do them properly while I'm fasted with an empty stomach so it's kind of a rewarding activity to do while fasting.
>>
>>50009034
drop the nigger habits. seriously nobody who is a man in good standing does this trashy shit.
>>
>>50028724
I have literally never seen a nigger with dip.
Then again, I live in WV, so I almost never see niggers.
>>
File: givemestrength.png (1.03 MB, 1095x719)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
>only 30 hours in and am already browsing through my food folder
Fuuark lads why is it getting so hard just to do a simple 48 nowadays.
>>
I’m really worried this is gonna make me skinnyfat guys
>>
Just finished my 65 hour fast and i had some diarrhea after eating chicken broth and drinking some whole milk. I also drank couple cups of black coffee this morning.

Im thinking it was the combination of the coffee into an empty stomach and too much liquids. Ate some solids 2 hours later and am feeling a lot better.

Anyone else have had the same? And what do you think was the cause of it?
>>
File: 1458653133986.png (74 KB, 300x300)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
mixing caffeine with a fast is probably a really bad idea right?
>>
>>50029285
>consume liquids
>having nothing else in your stomach
>shit out liquids
tbqh in my experience the whole "break you fast with broth or something light" is a total meme. I've broken with burgers/chicken/tacos/pizza/etc and never had issues. I also never fast past 5 days tho, which as I understand it is when your gut flora really gets fucked.
>>
Should I exercise while fasting?
>>
Fasting and keto have saved me from being a fat fuck for life. I can eat normally now. No more binging. Can't even finish half my chicken salad. Thanks /fast/.
>>
>>50030049
I wouldn't but some people do. Just remember that while fasting you aren't getting any protein, so your muscle fibers just hang out broken without ability to replenish themselves for a long af time. Maybe your body will pull brotein from other muscles in your body and repurpose it, idk.
>>
>>50030077
Ok, I'm I gonna be ok because I just did 100 stair walks and 50 5 pound dumbbell lifts
>>
>>50029267
Please respond I showed you my penis
>>
>>50029759
Yea, this was my first "longer" fast and after what happened i will break my fast with solids next time. Observe the results and make a change for next time.

On a sidenote, there are a lot of contradicting info out there about breaking a fast. Somewhere its said that fruit and veggies are good, then somewhere else veggies are bad etc.
>>
>>50028724
>Dip
>Black person habit
No. I grew up in DC and nobody dipped, people smoked cigs and cigars. Then I moved to the midwest for school, and suddenly every white person and their sister has a tin of Copenhagen.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (17 KB, 384x313)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>50030479
Well I live in the south and the only people I've ever seen dip are blacks.
>>
Why am I getting bacne
>>
>>50029267
It will if you're only doing nothing.
>>
Serious post, /fast/. I need help
I started fasting for Lent, and I feel like my head is going to explode. Not from a headache, but from thinking.
I can't stop thinking. I have a desire to do "stuff". I don't know what "stuff" I want to do, but I want to be doing something. I barely sleep. I'm just not tired, mentally, and my brain won't settle long enough to pass out.
I've engaged my usual hobbies, but it isn't enough. I want to start slamming my head into the wall.
What the fuck is this. It wasn't like this before. I used to be able to lay down whenever and turn off, or aimlessly browse the internet.
Help.
>>
Ate some sodding dark chocolate waffles with juicy hot white chocolate sauce in them woooo yeah most delicious treat I've had in ages!
>>
lol bump
>>
>>50009034
I've been wondering this too, anon. I snus all day every day, even when fasting. I'm guessing the cals are insignificant, but not sure.
>>
File: sad frog window.jpg (201 KB, 357x575)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
thinkin' bout that peanut butter...
>>
Just demolished a packet of Lays with some store bought orange juice
>>
File: !.gif (30 KB, 270x270)
30 KB
30 KB GIF
>>50033440
>not breaking your fast with brotein
>>
>>50033468
It's easier to lay your hands on chips and juice than it is on a cock attached to a discrete, willing man.
>>
Word of advice for everyone here. Refeeding on Keto is amazing. It makes you feel like your fast did not go to waste. I ate a lot of food today (probably still at a defecit not sure) and im starting my fast in maxed out keto stick ketosis.
>>
Day two almost over. I'm glad to be back into fasting, I fasted a shit ton last year but then I gained all the weight back. Planning on breaking my 14 day record.

I'm sick as shit, is it a bad idea to fast while I'm sick? I don't feel like I'm healing any faster while fasting.
>>
I've been like 2 weeks on fasting 3 days a week and I feel like my stomach can't handle any amount of food, I literally feel full with too little, I dunno if because I'm drinking so much water or what, but even eating salad is a struggle sometimes, just can eat a little and feel like a whale after eating 30 kfc buckets.
>>
File: Doggo limiters released.jpg (91 KB, 1024x1024)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
3 days into fast, aiming for 11. Anyone know how many pounds I can expect to lose if I started at like 245? I'm 6'0 if that matters.
>>
>>50023447
if you have diarrhea you are drinking the snake juice too fast. space it out. you only should start snake juice on day 3 or 4, or whenever you enter ketosis
>>
>>50029285
>>50029759
if i break my fast on a lunchbreak il explosively shit out whatever i ate the second i get back to work.

idk how my body turns a cheeseburger in to a liquid but it does
>>
>>50029730
not ideal but lots of us still drink black coffee
>>
>>50030984
insomnia is a common side effect of fasting. i heard it was cause you use lots of energy digesting food and now you arnt digesting anything.

now that i typed that out it sounds retarded.

but insomnia is normal
>>
>>50034745
im your height. 250lbs on the first of the month; weighed myself this morning and was 228. did 2 seven day fasts
>>
>>50034745
i was 6" 245 on january 5th. today i weighed in at 218 and im not strict with this shit at all. max ive done is a 4 day and binged on beer plenty of times. just try to stick with OMAD most of the time and you will lose weight without even meaning to
>>
>>50034573
How sick? You're probably better off getting cured quickly with calories instead of fasting and being sick for longer.
>>
>>50034573
>but then I gained all the weight back
Then long-fasts aren't ideal for you. You don't have the discipline to stick to a steady diet.
Do OMAD. That will teach you how to maintain a diet, rather then just swinging between fat and fast.
>>
>Cole was keto
>then he was carnivore
>now he says those are both dumb
Cole pls
>>
I'm really grateful to fasting for singlehandedly killing my cravings for sugar and junk food, but now I can't stop thinking about ground beef, skinless chicken thighs and/or eggs. I finished an 8 day fast down to 170lbs. at 6ft. 24 hours after refeeding, really want to hop into another extended fast to get down to 160 and then 150 but god damn only 30 hours in and I'm about ready to crack.
>>
>>50006383
I fast until 9pm every day, eat some nuts and and apple, then a steak dinner (1500 calories), then fast from 9:30pm until 9pm the next day.

In between I have water with salt and maybe coffee.

Is this a bad way of doing it?
>>
>>50035563
>drinking salt water
>for a fucking IF
what a fucking joke
>>
>>50035644
Just a pinch.
>>
>>50035563
Pretty normal OMAD.
>>
>>50035834
you dont fucking need it, if you were to fast for 3-4 days then yes, but you are not fasting that long so drop it
>>
I have begun day 7 of my fast.
I am hungry.
>>
>>50035872
Don't think about it. Read a book.
>>
>>50035868
Its a pinch of fucking salt why are you so sore about this? I use more on my food anyway so what's the problem?
>>
>>50035958
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>50035563
This will work great
>>
>>50018581
Sounds good, anon!
>>50018647
>I am not going to give up.
Then you will make it. I think the first days are the hardest. Day 3 is the worst for me, but the days after that are easier.
>>50018789
This man speaks the truth.
>>50019582
It helps, but isn't required. Your body doesn't prioritise cannibalizing muscle over fat, like people say. Some people find they're weaker on a fast, and others are unaffected. It's probably a mental barrier.
>>50021813
Most sweeteners have no effect on insulin, but Acesulfame-K, sucralose, and saccharin do, iirc.
>>50023232
Eat the old cells for energy instead of putting them on life support. It's meant to make you age less but that's pretty much impossible to test scientifically.
>>
>>50034863
It's not retarded, it's true. Digestion takes up a ton of blood and basically it pozzes the body up.
>>
File: 1534224818431.png (331 KB, 600x431)
331 KB
331 KB PNG
can i eat sugar free chewing gum while fasting ?
>>
I promise that I will do either a 48 or 72 hour fast next week. But for now, just let me enjoy my carbs. I'll switch to a ketogenic diet a day or two before I start the fast, but goddamn my bread is going to mold.
>>
>>50036697
Yes, but you have to lick my butt.
>>
>>50030508
Uhu. But does it a fast?
>>
>>50032583
I can’t find any info about it whatsoever, so it’s probably killing me.
>>
>TFW take ADHD medicine
>Fasting is easy as fuck because of it
This feels like cheating
>>
Due to a lot of heavy drinking and shit eating I have a really bad Vit C definicency. I’m planning on fasting for around 20 days. I don’t know much about vitamin supplements, but will they still work when I’m fasting?
Will they fuck with my electrolyte counts?
>>
does anyone know if water fasting actually helps with skin issues? i have rosacea that seems to be an inflammation issue
>>
I guess it kinda helped me. I was trying with dry fast, but it seems a lot better now when I'm stayin' hydrated. Fast and drink water buddeh
>>
>>50037361
>>50037381
>>
Starting to feel effects of low blood sugar (headaches, nausea) when fasting, Ive been doing it for like 3 years and this only started happening 2 weeks ago
did I give myself diabetes
>>
File: 1513269333352.jpg (55 KB, 629x505)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
Gee it sure is awesome waking up after four or five hours of sleep and then not being able to go back to bed during these fasts. I mean it's not like fasting itself makes me tired or anything, so I didn't really need the sleep anyways.
>>
File: 1544905303099.png (332 KB, 633x468)
332 KB
332 KB PNG
>>50006383
>Don’t do this while intermittent farting.
im mentally 12
>>
I've found my lifts have started to drop slightly after starting OMAD, is this normal or do I need to take a look at what I'm eating.
Also if it is normal, how far should I let my lifts drop before I start bulking again.
>>
File: takamura.png (720 KB, 756x969)
720 KB
720 KB PNG
>>50006383
I'm thinking about doing a snake diet with black tea since the water where I live tastes like shit even when filtered, if I drink unsweet tea will the extra handful of calories fuck up my metabolism or have any other adverse effects? I'm probably looking into it too much but I want to be sure.
>>
>>50036927
How.
>>
File: 1525692311377.png (54 KB, 402x344)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>50039530
They suppress the fuck out of your appetite. These pills are pretty popular on ED forums because of this. I was taking them briefly as a kid, and my parents stopped after the first bottle because I dropped so much weight. I went from a skinny, knobby kneed 10 yo, to a zombified, sleepless zombie that was so underweight I was taken to the hospital. Ritalin-not even once
>>
>>50039812
I can get pharma grade modafinil 200, will those work? I am ADHD lazy zoomer too
>>
>>50039812
No idea man, but I'm sure if they are prescription strength, they will work. Just don't take too much at once or consume caffeine while taking them, your heart will go absolutely insane.
>>
Broke fast thismorning with eggs, guac, bacon cheese and some chipotle mayo

Explosivley pissed out my ass 4 times. How is this even possible?
>>
>>50040545
Im scared to go running guys
>>
>>50040571
>He doesn't run fasted in a set of huggies

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.