[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 2343243242.jpg (56 KB, 569x600)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
FAQ
>/fast/ discord https://discord.gg/qqtQFDQ
>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

>Why should I fast?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11147801
https://www.reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
https://idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

>How do I safely do an extended fast?
Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
Mix these in 2L of water and sip it throughout the day.
[OPTIONAL] 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar and 4 tbsp lemon juice. DO NOT MIX with snake juice, drink separately.
You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

>Won’t I go into starvation mode?
No. You won't have the willpower to fast that low.

>Will (something with calories) break my fast?
Yes, headarse.

>Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

>Do I need a multivitamin?
No

Previous: >>49080538
>>
File: BMI-in-Adults-722x406.jpg (45 KB, 722x406)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
Is BMI of 22.0 good enough to conclude you're not fat?
>>
>>49095199
BMI is virtually worthless IMO, look at yourself in the mirror and be honest
>>
Coming up on 1 day dry fasted here, feeling pretty normal. Maybe just a tad thirsty. Trying to go for 96 hours as recced by Capsbro before moving into a water and SJ fast.
>>
So I did a 2+ day dry fast, broke with baking soda and then some porkchop and mashed potatoes and coconut water, going to move into extended snake juice fast now. I hope this works.
>>
>>49095327
Carbs? Disgusting
>>
>>49095381
Well I'm not going to die, am I?
>>
My intention is pretty much to fast regularly and the rest of the time go full carnivore with OMAD. Been watching Tufano's channel a lot and it's convinced me of the importance of organ meats.
>>
I'm fat, have been fasting 8/10 days of January so far. I haven't been training. How bad is not training on fast? Is it mandatory? Just looking to lose weight
>>
>>49095397
Nah and a bit of potatoes isn't too bad. Carbs suck though because you're just on pause with the fast until that glycogen gets burned up. Carbs make you hungry as fuck too, especially when you're switching back into ketosis. If you ate no carbs or real low on refeed, you'd never leave ketosis in the first place so further fasting would be easier.
Nbd. Depends on your body type and metabolism, for me, I'd probably be keto again by the time I woke up the next day.
>>
>>49095403
Excellent plan. Organ meat is awesome. Fasting + lean meat carb free refeeds = God mode.

>>49095407
Nah you don't have to exercise. Just stay away from those forks and spoons. You can build muscle later if you want to.
>>
>>49095444
Well I'm fat as fuck, but it was leftovers and I didn't want to throw it away and it really wasn't that much to begin with. Oh well, I guess I'll check the keto strip next time I take a piss. Dry fasting was interesting, and I lost a lot of water weight really fast, but it was kind of scary in a few parts, and I don't think I'll do it again. Just extended snake juice fasts. I do need to drop the weight ASAP though. I for sure have hypertension and I would prefer not to die. I hope I don't lose too much muscle and get stuck with loose skin.
>>
Where can I buy keto sticks in southern Ontario if there are anything southern Ontario anons here
>>
I plan on breaking my fast tomorrow evening (around 115 hour fast on snake juice). Should I drink snake juice throughout the day, or will I have too much salt? I will be having steak at a restaurant (low carb side of course)
>>
File: fastday3foto.jpg (2.39 MB, 2459x3128)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB JPG
3rd day of Water Fast. Still got the muffin top, but I like havin it around.

Tired as shit at work. Actually moving around and getting more water made it better. Never forget to always have water on hand. Gives you something to do and quenches the mental hunger.
Other than that worked out today. I'm still suprised that I'm able to lift the same amount I usually do. Did legs today and I actually did more at the leg press today and even matched my friend in reps at it with the
same volume even though he's been lifting longer. Everything else he did better at though. It was also an LA fitness so I imagine all the weights were fake so I probably lifted less than the local
gym. Still haven't gone for the snake juice. Got diet pepsi instead cause of the need for taste. Will use it on the fifth day as planned.

Workout Routine: https://imgur.com/a/jsiT8wv

Goal is 20 days and I'll try to make it by drinking the snake juice supplement by day 5.
Curent Weight:
Day (1): 192lb
Day (2): 191lb
Day (3): 189lb

Doing this for spiritual reasons, losing weight, but more importantly, I'm spreading awareness of the need to bring the mass shooter that is Sam Hyde to justice. Peace will not prevail until he is stopped.

Will post everyday. If a slav with unnatural curvature of the head can do it then you can too.
>>
Oh yeah, by the by, coconut water is fucking disgusting. Snake juice is less disgusting and at least its zero calorie.
>>
>>49095407
Good job on the fasting.

I like to exercise because it boosts my mood and takes my mind off food. But staying active doing anything beats sitting on your ass.
>>
>>49095407
I like to go on walks when I'm fasting. Like 2 hour long walks.
Found it helps with the boredom and the weird energy I get and helps burn any lingering glycogen.
>>
>>49095600
I had to walk a little today and I almost passed out when I got home
>>
File: Cj_lSEnVAAA0h6S.jpg (64 KB, 592x807)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>49095551
Mad props bro.

He Can't keep getting away with it!
>>
>>49095633
Were you dry fasting?
>>
>>49095728
no
>>
>>49095187
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)

man do I really have to have this, I have to fucking order it and I want to start tommoruu
>>
>>49095633
Work on intermittent fasting or something first dude lmao.
>>
>>49095937
I've done over a month before, but I never exercise. Barely left my room the past few months.
>>
>>49095907
no, its optional but not necessary
>>
>>49095975
optimal, not optional, i mean.
>>
>>49095907
No, and I'm being serious
>>
>>49095952
if >>49095633 is you, you need more mitochondria. Do some HIIT first and OMAD.
>>
>>49095975
>>49095983
>>49095975

ah ok thanks, I didn't see magnesium in the other snake diet recipe video from the white screaming man
>>
>>49096035
I've already started this and I think I'm going for 50 days this time. I'll exercise in March.
>>
>>49087461
What's his looks level? What country?
>>
Gentle reminder that ~0.6lbs/day is what you actually lose.
>>
Now I'm fasting and all to lose weight.
But why doesn't my doctor take my blood pressure seriously.
>blood pressure reads 135/89
>"Oh yeah, it's a little high."
It's a LITTLE high? I should be on fucking blood thinners right now.
>>
>>49096760
Very much depends on body, activity, metabolism, starting keto vs glycogen loaded. Also whether you use egcg and cayenne pepper to up AMPK activity. I pull .7-1lb/day on extended (7-10 days) after discounting initial water weight losses if carbs or a meal is involved. I basically start counting from weight at 48 hours fasted.
Either way, even -.6lb/day fat is badass.
>>
>>49096760
That's still twice the recommended "aggressive" mamount.
>>
File: 1537628411731.jpg (64 KB, 638x558)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>49095187
can someone post the snake juice recipe in grams? i dont know if my teaspoons are the same as the ones used in this post
>>
what happened to grandfather OMAW he has not heard about him for a long time,the listened that is dead that is true.
>>
>>49095271
GOOD! DAY 2 COULD BE TOUGH, DEPENDING ON HOW BAD YOUR DETOX SYMPTOMS ARE. KEEP GOING AND DON'T DO ANYTHING PHYSICALLY TAXING.

>>49095403
YEA I REALLY LIKE TUFANO A LOT. HIS PERSONALITY SEEMS A BIT SMUG TO ME, LIKE HE'S SOME KIND OF KNOW-IT-ALL, BUT HE'S A VERY SMART PERSON WHO HAS SOME BALLS TO BOOT. HE'S ALSO A MUCH MORE LEVEL-HEADED YOUTUBER TO RECOMMEND FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE PUT OFF BY PEOPLE LIKE COLE. HIS NEWEST VIDEO IS ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6WDb54WrzQ

>>49095488
YEA HYPERTENSION IS TRICKY TO WORK WITH. YOU HAVE TO FAST AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO GET LEAN AND HEALTHY, THEN FAST AS LONG AS YOU CAN ONCE YOUR FAT CHOCOLATEY SYRUP BLOOD BECOMES NORMAL. DRY FASTING MAY BE TOO AGGRESSIVE FOR YOU, FOR NOW.

>>49095539
YOU CAN DILUTE THE SNAKE JUICE NP.
>>
Fuck boys I'm only on day 4, I thought you were supposed to feel better around this time and I'm still hungry as fuck, been keeping my electrolytes n shit up too but I'm pretty worn out. I wonder if its because I quit drinking coffee too. Might just go to the 100 hour point and refeed until Monday and try again. At the very least I'm going to do 100 hour fasts a week but I was hoping I'd be able to get into a long ass 21 days but I'm not feeling it yet, I've gone a week before and I didn't feel great then either.
>>
>>49095517
In alberta I just bought them a the walmart pharmacy bra
>>
>>49097251
he's fucking thots, he made it
>>
>>49097362
>I wonder if its because I quit drinking coffee too
Thats exactly why my dude, you're probably going through caffeine withdrawal as well
>>
>>49097362
>100 hour point and refeed until Monday and try again.
Never refeed more than 1 day in a row unless you're a bitch
>>
this month
1st fast: 46 hours-done
2nd fast: 72 hours-done
3rd fast: 120 hours. started an hour ago
c'mon boys we'll make it
>>
>>49097401
While I understand your bravado I've already lost 90 pounds and am kicking things up by doing the 100 hour weekly fast, and the reason for re-feeding for 3 days is to restore my vitamins and minerals for a reset and then try again for the 21 days I'm aiming for since I'm going through caffeine withdrawals evidently like >>49097392 confirmed. It's better to be smart and plan succeed then reckless and fall flat on your face and have it be harder to pick yourself up.
>>
>>49097257
How much should I lose before seeing noticeable drop in blood pressure? If I lose like 40lbs and still don't have a better blood pressure should I contact my doctor and say some shit's fucked up?
>>
>>49097401
1 day?! 1 meal!

>>49097362
A lot of it could be psychological if you don't have a strong history with fasting. I'm at 96 and feeling pretty good, know I can hit 168 and might go for 336. In all likelihood I'm having 2lb top sirloin Monday, that or 1lb beef liver and onions. Then another 7 day.
Going into February lean as fuck bros.
>>
>>49097475
Refeed: pile of steaks and like 12 light beers for ~60g carbs.
>>
>>49095551
I WAS THINKING ABOUT YOU EARLIER TODAY, GOOD TO SEE YOU'RE STICKING WITH YOUR WORD. GOOD FUCKING WORK AND KEEP MOTIVATING OTHERS.

>>49096871
HELLO DR. STATIN.

>>49096956
WITHOUT THE COST OF DESTROYING YOUR TDEE, TOO. MULTIPLE MEALS A DAY IS PURE FUCKING GARBAGE.

>>49097108
THE OLD RECIPE WAS 2.5 GRAMS OF SODIUM AND POTASSIUM. THAT WAS THE OLD STARTING POINT, SO YOU CAN TRY SOMETHING AS LOW AS 1.5 GRAMS EACH AND ADJUST FROM THERE.

>>49097362
THE PAIN ENDS FOR ME AT THE END OF DAY 4.
>>
>>49097412
PUSH UNTIL YOU FUCKING COME OUT AS A MAN.

>>49097456
I'M NOT TOO SURE ON THAT, THERE'S ALSO TOO MANY VARIABLES. JUST DO SHORT FASTS UNTIL YOU NOTICE YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE SLOWLY DROPPING. IF YOU BECOME LEAN ONE DAY AND YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE IS STILL SKY FUCKING HIGH, GO SEE A DOCTOR BUT DON'T GET ANY MEDS FOR IT, LOOK FOR PEOPLE THAT HAVE YOUR SAME ISSUES AND HOW THEY SOLVED THEM (WITHOUT DRUGS).

>>49097475
HOW DO YOU SERVE YOUR LIVER? I HATE THE RAW FLAVOR AND TEXTURE OF IT BUT MY BODY FUCKING CRAVES THE FUCK OUT OF IT LIKE ONCE EVERY TWO WEEKS. ALSO, I CAN'T EVEN FIND GRASS-FED LIVER ANYWHERE NEARBY.

>>49097499
DROP THE FUCKING BEERS YOU ALCOHOLIC.
>>
>>49097586
Caramelized a big yellow onion in butter, add about 4 tbsp garlic, add cayenne, stir, push to side of big pan, bit more butter in the empty part of pan, heat more, throw in cut up liver chunks, 2 or 3 minutes, flipping/ stirring liver frequently, stir entire mix, 1 minute more heat. Devour. So cooked, but not cooked to all hell.
>>
reasking from previous thread for capsbro

I always get bloated during fast and my weight goes up. Why is this? Do I need to avoid this? If yes, how?
>>
>>49097628
You got the aids bro
>>
>>49097475
>1 day?! 1 meal!
If that
>>
>>49097453
tfw you dont understand both of those people are me :^)
>>
>>49097640
:(
>>
>>49097664
>>49097664
awwwwww shit
>>
You get bloated during a fast? Fucking how? That is baffling to me. What exactly do you consume during a fast? And I mean down to amounts of water.
>>
>>49097718
Meant for
>>49097628
>>
>>49097718
Not sure. About 2.5-3L in the day
along with 1/2 tsp lite salt in a cup of water twice
>>
>>49097586
I ate too much today, but I think I'll start up another dry fast tomorrow. Hopefully there isn't too much damage.
>>
>>49097777
3+ litres of water sounds to me like too much. Unsure if that is causing the bloating or not though. I think if you pound a ton of water your body should be cutting water like a mf
>>
>>49097793
thats what I thought. Maybe its the salt which I consumed a lot in one go making it go haywire. I'll consume it in smaller doses more frequently next time
>>
>>49097664
well fuck you ima do meth to get skinny instead now everything is a lie
>>
>>49097616
SOUNDS QUICK AND EASY. BUTTER REALLY DOES GO WELL WITH LIVER.

>>49097628
THAT HAPPENS SOMETIMES WITH PEOPLE, FEMALES IN PARTICULAR.
WHEN DOES IT HAPPEN, EXACTLY? FIRST 24-48 HOURS OR WAY PAST THAT? WHICHEVER THE ANSWER, IF YOU FEEL NO PAIN OR ODD PHYSICAL DISCOMFORT, JUST KEEP FASTING, IT COULD BE YOUR BODY TRYING TO RETAIN WATER WEIGHT IN RESPONSE TO THE SUDDEN ABSENCE OF FOOD (THIS IS A THEORY). I DON'T THINK ANYBODY IN THE FASTING COMMUNITY HAS EVER BEEN ABLE TO REPLICATE THE ISSUE, UNLESS IT INVOLVED OVULATION.
OH, AFTER READING SOME RESPONSES IT'S MOST LIKELY >>49097818

>>49097786
YOU CAN SORTA PREP FOR A DRY FAST BY HYDRATING (OBVIOUSLY) AND REFEEDING ON CUCUMBERS. WATERMELON WORKS TOO.
>>
>>49097889
yeah i think too much salt in one go. I'll make smaller doses
>>
File: 1537179710642.jpg (89 KB, 1024x907)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
ARE REGULAR EPSOM SALTS OKAY TO USE ? IF I DIDNT GET FOOD GRADE AM I NIGGERED OR AM I OK :))))
>>
>>49097972
DON'T DO IT.
>>
Day 14 of 40
Two weeks in.
Feeling good about everything.
>>
File: 1537218484319.jpg (24 KB, 399x388)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>49097979
PLEASE TELL ME WHY!!!!!!!
>>
>>49098004
>>49097972
will make you shit
>>
>>49098010
can i just have less? is there a way to wash it into food grade with some chemical/water?
>>
>>49098017
Idk but I get my magnesium by popping a Calcium magnesium multi
>>
>>49098004
JUST DON'T TAKE THE MAGNESIUM, IT'S OPTIONAL.
>>
File: 1539712111971.png (108 KB, 290x290)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>49098057
BUT MY HEART POUNDS ON DAY 2 OF FASTING
>>
>>49098103
IF YOU'RE CERTAIN THAT IT'S DUE TO A MAGNESIUM DEFICIENCY, REFEED ON FOODS HIGH IN MAGNESIUM AND FAST ON SNAKE JUICE WITHOUT THE EPSOM SALTS. YOUR BODY STORES LIKE 25000MG OF IT AND AN AVERAGE PERSON USES 300MG PER DAY. IT'S POSSIBLE THAT YOU'VE JUST BEEN DEFICIENT YOUR WHOLE LIFE, SO LOAD UP AND FAST YOU FUCKING CRYBABY.
>>
Fuck bros today was pretty rough. So I binged hard the past 2 months on fast food and missed the gym for about 3 weeks. Decided to give fasting a shot and am transition/weaning myself to a keto-ish diet.
Past 2 days I've eaten 2 chicken breasts w/ broccoli w/ some ketchup/mayo mix for sauce. Seasoned chicken w/ lite salt today for electrolytes. Went to the gym for the second time to do back, yesterday was chest, and felt like total dogshit.
3x8 Diddlies at 2p8
3x10 cable rows close grip 150lb
3x10 cable rows wide grip 120
3x10 one arm rows at 55 dumbbell
Tried to get some biceps work in and started shaking first set at 32.5. Before my break i was curling 45s x8 for 3 sets
It was a rough one today bros
Advice, troll me, w/e it dont matter we all gonna make it broskis :D
>>
>>49098103
that sounds like a potassium problem
>>
>>49098217
I worked out fasting the first time. it was day 3 of fasting

I maintained intensity 100lb OHP 2x5
130lbs rows
2x10 bodyweight dips
2x8 25lbs lat raises
2x8 27.5 lb dumbbell flyes

when doing a caloric deficit its always a good diea to maintain intensity and lower volume. I could feel tired after set 2 so i didnt do set 3 in any exercise that day. but the intensity was maintained
>>
File: busted.jpg (88 KB, 721x852)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>49098103
OOOOHHH FUUUUUCCCCKKKKK
>>49098221
oh right i forgot what caused it since last time i looked up xD
>>
You know it's really concerning how much sugar and caffeine can alter your heart rate when you start paying attention to that shit.
>>
>>49098249
You doing an upper lower split?
I didn't like upper lower splits because they didnt give me enough volume to grow my strength or size past the barest of noob gains when i first started actually working out about 1.5 years ago.
>>
>>49098297
I am doing kinda SS with lesser squats and more accessories so its not even really SS
>>
>>49098217
>and felt like total dogshit.
>started shaking first set
SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE LOW/EMPTY ON MUSCLE GLYCOGEN. CARB LOAD FOR A DAY IF YOU'RE TRYING TO BUILD MUSCLE (CARB + LEAN PROTEIN, NO FAT). YOU'LL HAVE TO EXPERIMENT HOW MUCH CARBS YOU CAN EAT TO REPLENISH YOUR MUSCLE GLYCOGEN WITHOUT SPILLOVER. A SAFE NUMBER IS 300-400G OF SOME STARCHY CARB. DO EXTENDED FASTS TO BURN THE FAT OFF AND KEEP LIFTING.

GAIN SOME PURPOSE AND YOU'LL STOP RELAPSING LIKE AN IDIOT. OTHERWISE, YOU'LL CONTINUE TO DISAPPOINT YOURSELF AND THAT SHIT IS NOT GOING TO END WELL AS THE YEARS GO BY.

>>49098290
YEA, AND ONCE YOU QUIT EITHER ONE YOU REALIZE HOW FUCKING UNHEALTHY THEY ARE.
>>
I just did my first 24 hour dry fast. Dropped 4lbs but I guess most of it was water weight.
Realistically how much will I lose if I did a 7 day water fast? Currently I'm 230lbs, 6'0.
>>
>>49098326
7-10 POUNDS OF STRAIGHT FAT. IF YOU'RE ACTIVE, YOU CAN LOSE LIKE 12 POUNDS OF FAT IN THAT TIME. YOU'LL NEED SNAKE JUICE FOR A 7 DAY, THOUGH.
>>
I think even though I overate today, I'll do another 48 hour dry fast, then move to snake juice. I can't have gained ALL 10 LBS OF water weight back.
>>
>>49098311
Yeah I know based CAPS poster. I'm trying to get keto adapted so doing fasts isnt so painful. So ur saying like 300-400 grams of cooked potatoes? is that raw or after cooked? That will give me enough carbs to replenish glycogen but not enough to spill over and ruin keto adaption?
Original plan was doing 6 days (4 more currently) of 2 chx breasts w/ broccoli OMAD, then snake juice fasting for 3 days as a trial run. (Will add the 300gs of potatos if u think its a good idea) Will keep lifting, once i start going im good and go 5 times a week. Will keep cardio to 30 mins of walking at 3.5 mph. what do you think about this
>>
>>49098311
Thankfully I'm not much for sugar or caffeine these days unless it's like, lemonade. I'd much rather have a big steak burrito over a piece of cheesecake, if I choose to binge.
>>
>>49098390
use sweet potato for the micro nutrient gains
>>
>>49098326
at least
tdee*1.1*7/3500 lbs

(TDEE)*(1.1)*(no. of days)/ (amount of calories in 1 lb of fat)

{we multiple by 1.1 because tdee goes up by at least 10% as studies have shown}
>>
>>49098505
also add this to sticky. too many retards asking how many lbs can I use without knowing simple arithmetic or biochemistry knowledge
>>
>>49098311
In terms of sugar, it's crazy how simple fasting is in terms of losing weight. It makes sense. Why would the human body get fat in the first place if not to store energy for later use. Excess sugar gets stored in the fat for use, so the only time sugar improves performance is when they don't already have a huge store of it in their gut they can rely on.
>>
Can you just take salt and water? Does putting it in a solution change a anything or is it just for convenience since you’re drinking a shitload of water anyways?
>>
>Day 6 of water - fast 5’9 male 27
>Down from 187.6lbs to 182.8

Dammit I missed the days when it was a lb a day assured.
>>
>>49095187
more like auto-faggy amirite?
>>
>>49095187
Since I cannot find an answer to this question online I will ask it here.
How long does it take after eating for blood insulin to dissipate? Or in other words, what's the minimum amount of time required for an intermittent fast to actually do anything?
>>
>>49098326

Jason Fung said that you lose about a half pound of fat per day of fasting. No water for 24 hrs would probably be the other 3.5 lbs. at 230 lbs 5'11'' I can fluctuate +/- 5 lbs easily depending on water intake, sodium etc.
>>
File: glucose.jpg (304 KB, 1920x1080)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
>>49098639
You'll always get a spike after a meal, no matter what, that's how our body works. During a full fast, let me post this. This is a chart of glucose levels in someone who did a 40 day fast.
>>
Here's to hoping that reducing my high blood pressure means I'll stop losing hearing in one ear for like 5 seconds.
>>
>>49097257
are you cole?
>>
>>49098742
Also add some cardio in your routine anon. Your BP immediately goes down after 45 minutes of jogging.
>>
>>49098758
I'm very obese, maybe I should start with walking.
>>
>>49098762
Yeah that would work as well. As long as your heart beat goes up due to exercise. Not to blog but I was diagnosed with type ii diabetes and high BP two years ago. I was obese. My BP was like 160/90 or something. I've lost 45kgs, then regained 20kgs that's why I'm here again. My BP and glucose is within normal range now though.
We can all make it.
>>
File: 1532985357826.jpg (132 KB, 739x673)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
Aiming for a 7 day fast this time

Currently at day 2 haven't had any problems yet. How are you doing /fast/?
>>
>>49098783
I weight 268 last measured. My current blood pressure (at least when resting) is around 138/89, though I got it as low as 135/80 after my 2+ day dry fast. Heart rate even got down into the 70s. Eating again made it all shoot up crazy high though, so I'm just going to do extended fasts. I'm not so bad to be at 160/90 yet but I don't wanna find out what that's like. If I can't get my BP down through weight loss alone I might need blood thinners or diuretics, at least until I can figure out what the problem is exactly. But I'm fairly sure it's just obesity right now.
>>
>>49098805
Good luck anon. It's good that you are starting now. Don't wait.
>>
>>49098805
u need some cardio to strengthen you heart so it pumps ur blood better too. you can't just fast your problems away you have to workout while fasting like a hungry hunter chasing prey so the tribe can eat
>>
>>49098823
I'm sure walking is safe to do on a dry fast. Maybe I should take some coconut water with me, just in case?
>>
File: 1502297119615.jpg (70 KB, 668x608)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>49098823
>This

Fasting wouldn't save you from ebola, you know.

It's not a fix for everything.
>>
>>49098390
COOKED POTATOES WORK. SWEET POTATOES ARE MY FAVORITE CAUSE THEY TASTE FUCKING GOOD, HAVE VARIOUS NUTRIENTS, AND YOU CAN HAVE THEM RAW OR COOKED. RICE IS ALSO RECOMMENDED BECAUSE IT'S LIKE 15 CENTS FOR A BOWL AND DOES THE JOB.

AN AVERAGE BODY HOLDS AROUND 300-500G OF MUSCLE GLYCOGEN, THAT'S WHY I SAY 300-400G IS SAFE. HELL, YOU CAN PROBABLY EAT 1000G AND BE GOOD, SINCE 1G DOESN'T NECESSARILY TRANSLATE TO 1G OF MUSCLE GLYCOGEN. ALSO, YOU'RE CUTTING, SO GOING TO 1KG COULD BE DETRIMENTAL TO YOUR GOALS.
YOUR PLAN SEEMS GOOD, BUT EVERY DAY YOU EAT AT A CALORIC DEFICIT, YOUR BODY WILL ADJUST TO HOW MUCH IT THINKS IT HAS AVAILABLE IN THE FUTURE. IT'D BE BEST IF YOU JUST ATE ENOUGH FOR TWO DAYS AND DO OMEOD, OR JUST DO A PROLONGED FAST TO BURN THE FAT ASAP AND THEN HIT THE GYM ON AN OMAD ROUTINE ONCE YOU'RE DONE.

>>49098410
STEAK ANYTHING MAKES THE BEST BINGE FOOD.

>>49098535
>Why would the human body get fat in the first place if not to store energy for later use.
FOR SOME REASON THIS IS WHAT PEOPLE JUST DON'T FUCKING UNDERSTAND. THE SECOND HARDEST PART OF CONVINCING PEOPLE IS EXACTLY HOW TO TAP IN TO THAT STORAGE THROUGH FASTING AND KETOSIS.

>>49098542
DO YOU MEAN JUST SODIUM AND WATER? NO.

>>49098596
GETTIN LEAN.
>>
>>49098823
Also you're probably right. About half a year ago I was still about this fat but my blood pressure was a lot better, at 120/80. Probably because I was still in college and biking everywhere. Ever since I moved into this new apartment and got my driver's license back I've just been sitting around, which is probably why it's gone up.
>>
>>49098838
SINCE YOU'RE OBESE, JUST DO YOUR WALKS ON SNAKE JUICE. YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN BE THINKING OF COCONUT WATER OR ANYTHING WITH SUGAR IN IT YOU FAT WHORE.

I'M GOING TO SLEEP. YOU BETTER LOSE 3 POUNDS TONIGHT.
>>
I'm on my 11th day of fast and I just took a huge dump. The last shit I took was 8 days ago, so I have no idea what's the deal. Guess I shat out my stomach.
>>
>>49098843
Fuck your right, if I'm running a caloric deficit my metabolism is going to slow. Alright I'm going in on food tomorrow, 4 chx breasts, a bunch of bacon, broccoli w/ butter, and sweet potato (for glycogen) w/ butter. Gonna go for a shit load of calories. Gonna eat big, lift, and then fast for 1 week minimum ALRIGHT FUCK LETSS GO, Pumped for tomorrow big feast to reset my metabolism before the fast.
>>
If you're going to skip one meal a day which one is the best?
I've been doing breakfast but I heard that's what sumos do to get big...
>>
>>49099089
on the right path. good luck
>>
>>49099202
thanks brohemian
gonna be lurking these threads alot to keep motivated and distract from hunger pangs
>>
>>49098908
A lot of people think this is just leftover crud in your digestive tract making its way out
>>
>>49095199
Fuck I'm extremely obese. I though I was just obese.

I know the BMI scale becomes worse the taller you are but still.
>>
I've been on keto OMAD for over a month with a few 48h fasts in there.

I'm now dry-fasting for at least 24h so I can get an accurate reading from my weighing. I haven't been on the scale the whole time and for my beginning weight I dry-fasted 2 days to lessen the amount of water-weight that would be included in the final weight lost. I feel fucking great and my old pants fit again so I can't wait to see the results.

We're all going to make it.
>>
>>49098908
The walls of your intestinal tract contain a lot of folds so there will be old shit lodged in there that might come off as the walls regenerate themselves and slightly change their shape during the process. That's at least one theory and it makes a lot of sense based on the shape of the organ.
>>
Can I chew gum and drink lemon water while fasting?
>>
>>49099454
chewing gum has artifical sweeteners which raise insulin so no
and lemon water will fuck your teeth and also has some sugar and calories which will ruin your fast so no

sometimes i like adding black pepper to soda water
>>
>>49099466
>>49099454

>chewing gum has artifical sweeteners which raise insulin so no
That is highly debatable, I've seen several tests that proved your insulin doesn't raise after ingesting an artificial sweeteners. However, chewing gum is bad for you for many other reasons.
Absolute no to lemon water.
But if you really want, you can just squeeze some lemon juice (half a lemon per 1 litre) into a bottle of sparkling water.
>>
>>49099476
so what are the other reasons they are bad?

i saw a couple studies which said artifical sweeteners raised insulin on Fung's blog (may have been for dirt coke or something not chewing gum not sure anywya)
>>
>>49098347
if you overate, consider starting with snake juice first and dry fast later, so you can shit all of that
>>
>>49099484
In the ones I've read, one by a fasting dietitian proved it otherwise, however it might depend on case to case. What he did was mostly a test on diet coke. He measured his insulin and glucose, then ingested the diet coke, and measured his insulin and glucose every hour after that. No changes.

As for why chewing gum is bad, again this often depends from case to case:
Chewing gum can cause your teeth fillings to fall out
Chewing a lot of gum can cause you to grind your teeth during your sleep, and destroy your teeth.
Artificial sweeteners, aside from the vague possibility of raising your insulin levels, also fuck your insides up, and can cause gastric issues. And if you chew a lot, you can get a diarrhoea. Which might be even worse during a fasting period, because you'll dehydrate yourself.
Sorbitol in chewing gum causes your stomach to produce acid, which is really unnecessary and unwelcome during the fasting period.
Titanium dioxide, which fucks your guts.
>>
File: image.jpg (2.35 MB, 4032x3024)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB JPG
Thanks everybody
>>49099476
Ok, I’ll stay away from gum. Maybe there is some confusion regarding the lemon water. What I have is a bottle of lemon juice (from concentrate, pictured) and would it be ok to add this to soda water?

Also, what about coffee without milk or sugar?
>>
Just on day 4 of a 5 day water fast. This is my first time fasting for a prolonged time (have some intermittent fasting before), and I was well adapted to fat, since I've been eating semi-carnivore for some time now (in other words, being a bit sloppy here and there)

Feeling great, hunger is a non-issue since day 2, I even went to the gym 4 times this week but did an easy workout, low reps higher weight, followed by a 3km walk back home.
What I really miss is the pleasure of eating, which dissociated clearly from hunger. This was a plus to me, knowing it was just pleasure-seeking made everything much easier (just like you don't have sex every day, and that's okay)

Lost 4kg but I think 2 are water, still great
>95 to 91 (210 to 200)
>1.84m (6ft)
>5 plate diddly, but didn't try that on a fast lel

I encourage anyone that's curious about this to watch Jason Fung's video on "solving the two compartment problem".
If you're failing because of hunger/cravings I would recommend going keto/carnivore first for about a month, then try intermittent fasting working up to OMAD, then go for a prolonged fast. Like I said, this has been my first prolonged fast but it has been seriously smooth sailing.
As a "cheat" I like carbonated water.
I'm no expert, just sharing my own experience in my first fast, I have no doubt in my mind that going OMAW is the way to go for me until I reach about 85kg (187) with a good bf% measured by mirror.

Good luck!
>>
File: fit blade miring.jpg (49 KB, 1326x742)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>49095199
27 BMI at 12% BF here.
>>
REMINDER THAT YOU NEED TO EAT 3 HEALTHY MEALS A DAY TO LOSE WEIGHT AND NOT CAUSE LONG TERM DAMAGE. WITH A VITAMIN SO YOU CAN REPLENISH ANY VITAMINS MISSING.

DO NOT FAST. YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT, BUT YOU WILL DIE AT THE END. 2IBS MAX IS THE AMOUNT YOU SHOULD BE LOSING, NOT 5+. DONT LISTEN TO THE CAPSFAGGOT. LISTEN TO ME. I AM HERE TO LEAD YOU LOST SOULS TO A LAND OF SALVATION FREE OF YOUR OBESITY. DO NOT GO INTO STARVATION MODE JUST TO LOSE WEIGHT. YOU WILL DIE
>>
File: 1535900080883.jpg (8 KB, 225x225)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>49099898
I'm good as dead then, because I already lost 20 pounds. You say I'll die at the end? Then I guess I'll never end my fast.
>>
File: 1412282067083.png (822 KB, 690x960)
822 KB
822 KB PNG
>>49099745
Just an addendum
>yes drink your snake juice, I'm doing it with NoSalt (that's what we get in Brazil), it tastes like crap at first but then it starts tasting good, it's like you body knows it needs the stuff
>yes the cold is real, bring sweaters to the office
Talking about work, just tell your colleagues you're doing OMAD and say you're eating early in the morning, OMAD is pretty common now so most people will just fuss a bit and then leave you alone
>>
>>49099898
eh ok fuck off

i dont listen to any caps guys. I watched Dr. fung's lectures and read his book and it made sense so I fast

back to /fat/
>>
>>49099941
Caps bro is fine, he helps almost everyone. That one is 3mealsadayfaggot. Don't listen to him at all. He has been pushing that bullshit since Jan 1st. He is in every thread now so if you see him, just call him a faggot and move on.
>>
Cole talks about if you want to build muscle carbs are your best friend. What does he mean? If you eat carbs before a workout you'll make gains or after a workout you eat carbs? This is of course if you are lean but haven't built the muscle yet
>>
>>49099973
im referring to both capsfag and capsbro. I like capsbro because he helped me too.

But I'm not fasting because some random anon typing in caps gave me some sass

And neither should anyone desu
>>
File: ProteinSynthesis1.jpg (14 KB, 430x183)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>49099989
from my understanding you eat carbs before so you have energy during the workout

as for post workout
you eat carbs so that insulin increases which inhibits protein breakdown
AND
you eat protein which increases prteoin synthesis

https://bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/muscle-growth-and-post-workout-nutrition.html/
>>
>>49095381
aren't carbs (saccharines) important though? No-carb diet is unsustainable in a long term
>>
>>49100061
what is keto lol
>>
Hey fuckers, did a motherfucking fast for about 3 months (total) last year.

I was drinking hella lot water during, along with some multivitamins (no hate CAPSBRO fucker pls).

I was about 300 in retard lib units and managed to reach 190. Im also 6.5 retard inches tall and a grower.

You can do it fucking fat fucks. It's worth it. It seems like a mountain but it's really not as you look back.

Just my tree fiddy.
>>
>>49100035
So would the best thing to do is eat a fruit like an apple before a workout to get energy, then after eat something high in protein and a fruit to get some carbs in but also get the protein necessary to build muscle?
>>
>>49100093
yep.

preworkout i dont even eat anything if i had a meal 2-3 hrs before.
>>
>>49100072
something that hasn't been studied very thoroughly yet, yet already has a number or reports on causing health problems?
>>
>>49100132
im not gonna argue with you im gonna fast so fuck off
>>
>>49095199
If you're not lean you're fat that chart for the underweight part
>>
File: thisIsYou.png (681 KB, 1119x610)
681 KB
681 KB PNG
>>49095211
>>
>>49100077
>and a grower.
Check the Angion method on youtube, skip the 1.0 go for the 2.0 and then 3.0 is called "vascion" for some reason
>t. went from grower to shower, it's all about dat dere circulation
>>
>>49100101
I'll remember that. Thanks for the answer bro
>>
>>49100132
>already has a number or reports on causing health problems
Source on this please.
>>
>>49100132

Well, high-carb is thoroughly studied and known to cause lots of health problems.

Look at our contemporary indigenous people of most continents before we carbed them up, they were like super-human athletes compared to Europeans. They also had perfect jaws and teeth and they ate only a small amount of carbs.

Literally all our ancestors ate keto before wide spread farming (which is genetically like a blink of an eye ago) and almost all of them were on the level of our top professional athletes when it comes to fitness based on their skeletal remains. It wasn't even possible to not eat keto macros since the sweetest fruit was on the level of a carrot and most humans lived in areas with very low amounts of wild fruit.

Keto is just eating what humans have always eaten before we fucked our diet up for convenience, of course it works.
>>
>>49098017
It's fine. It is the exact same shit, maybe with a larger grain to it. Just let it dissolve in the water.
>>
>>49095199
>need to lose 100lbs to be in normal range
Fuck. When I was pretty active I was ~25 at the lowest. 230lbs to 140lbs. What is that, 3 months of snake diet?
>>
>>49098804
Hour 104 of 168 or possibly 336 here. Just woke up from a vivid dream where I was cooking a fuck ton of steaks at a big party and some dude was chopping up steaks for steak tartare. Interestingly I woke before eating any in the dream. Not physically hungry, but psychologically fixated on steaks. At least I'm to the point where I'm dreaming of keto health foods instead of cakes or fries or some shit.
>>
>>49099089
Or just relax on the lifting and actually get keto. Your fast won't do anything imo until you deplete glycogen. Potatoes tomorrow means hunger for the 2 days after when you are trying to fast. Seems like everyone wants to cut and gain muscle at the same time -- that's some elite/juice shit. Just cut on your cut.
>>
>>49095211
>>49100233

not that anon but hes right desu. im technically a normal weight at the moment but when i look in the mirror i can clearly see a lot of fat. when im down to a BMI of 19 i look damn near perfect.
>>
>>49099745
This guy gets it. 100%.
Advise to push to 7 days this time and hopefully you are using snake juice. 7 days is not much tougher than 5, but is more beneficial. Keto to fast = easy mode
>>
File: 1546363578221.jpg (13 KB, 229x221)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>49100331

>Literally all our ancestors ate keto before wide spread farming

fucking retard, read a book.
>>
I'm waiting for SJ shit to arrive to do 20day fast. Ive been doing starting strength program for 3weeks 3×week. Will this SS 3× a week work well with my fast or should i do something else? Im like 188lbs
>>
>>49101184
yea it would but do lower sets if you feel like you cant push through. Dont take on too many accessoriers

also dont too too much squats (personal experience- almost went trex mode)
>>
File: 1547216691.png (23 KB, 589x657)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
Has anyone ever graphed their weight like this? Want to see some for encouragement.

I'm just doing intermittent fasting (small meal at work, large meal when I get home) at the moment. Want to push for OMAD and then Snake once my willpower is there. Fasting is a lot easier than I thought.
>>
>>49100887
Yeah ideally I would do OMAW no prob, as long as I'm feeling like this
But tomorrow I'll go visit my parents, and I don't want to have to convince them "fasting is good"
>inb4 hurr durr dont be a baby yada yada stand up for yourself
Gotta pick you battles man, my mom is full blown boomer, I know I won't binge, it's just lunch so it's ok
Talking about picking battles, I had to convince my wife, she did resist at first but I just pulled out the old "look I'm doing this and I would like you to be supportive, if I feel sick I'll eat don't worry"
Women love to feel supportive
>>
File: autism.png (160 KB, 1296x864)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
>>49101275
here

the blue line is calculated loss- calorie tracking then assuming theres 7700cals per kg of fat
>>
>>49101313
>>49101275
and orange line is actual weight recorded
>>
>>49101313
>>49101327
That's fasting? and the blue line bumps are refeeds?
Impressive anon, gj
>>
>>49101363
yeah big drops in blue lines are fasting days.

the bumps are sometimes refeeds, sometimes binges mostly the latter
>>
>>49100877
>doesn’t look good until 19 BMI
You need to lift weights. Best male is mid-high normal range and single digit body fat. Best grill is stainless steel with double burner
>>
>>49101263
Lower volume or lower weight?
>>
>>49101525
not him but I did fine on low reps high weight
>>
>>49101595
How long did you fast?
>>
>>49100781
Reminds me of dreams I have of doing drugs after quitting. The food addiction is real.
>>
>>49101708
here >>49099745
>>
I'm like 18% bodyfat 88kg, how can I fast and not lose muscle? Also are you supposed to lift while fasting
>>
>>49101832
Fasting is effective at not losing muscle, just make sure to have keto refeeds. You can lift, but lower weight/more reps is recommended. You might faint if you overdo your workout.
>>
6 days and 13 hours of dry fasting.

Yesterday I weighed myself at 8PM and was 59,3kg.
Today I weighed myself at 12PM and I'm 58,9kg.

I think we're making it.
>>
>>49100896
????

Homo Habilis started the trend of the omnivorous diet where one of the main sources of energy was animal protein and fats. From the wear and shape of their mouth and jaw it is likely that they didn't eat nuts for example but mainly meat. They also got fiber from some less tough plants. Macros looking pretty keto so far.

Homo erectus started eating a broader diet but there was still no major source of carbohydrates. Remember, fiber is processed in the larger intestinal track of our ancestors to become fats so almost all the plants that they ate became fats in their body. Even the plant foragers of Homo Erectus ate effectively high-fat and as much protein as they could find. Still pretty keto to me.

Homo Heidenbelgerensis were big game hunters.

Homo Neanderthalensis, also hunters but now with reliable data on their heavy reliance on animal protein, though they did eat other stuf like plants. Neanderthals are the first to have some access to wheat and barley for example but only in very specific regions, the diet is still mainly fats and protein in most places and for most populations.

Homo sapiens is the first that can digest starches and started to eat marine animals in coastal areas. Still hunters though and the main source of energy is animals and makes up most of their regular diet, now with the added benefit of tubers during times of starvation and also some less abrasive plants but not much of those around so whaddya do. In Europe the homo sapiens thrived almost exclusively on the high amount of animal protein and fat and was thus able to spread to that area and prosper. Sapiens spreads everywhere with the ability to also now eat starches, but every area still had animals, not all had tubers.

The reason we have such a powerful gallbladder is just because our ancestors ate so much fat and needed the bile.

Loads of years go by and now americans live on corn syrup. We we're pretty much keto for our evolutionary history since 3 million years.
>>
>>49097386
Couldn't find them, I thought the diabetes section would have them
>>
>>49099745
>carbonated water as a "cheat"

I do this too. I tested to see if I lost ketosis after drinking it and I never did. The only thing that happened is that I got the hungerpangs more recently. Unbeknownst to me, it actually helped halt any type of hunger pang because I managed to stop the hunger pangs from drinking the water.

So I can safely drink sips and stay in ketosis no matter what.

God I love fasting. 5 days ago I weight 207 and I went to a buffet and fuckin ATE everything. Went up to 214 and I just fasted for 3 days and I'm already back down to 206.
>>
>>49102368
I just get a horrible feeling as it expands the stomach and then when it passes you have to wait for it to shrink again. Not worth it for me.
>>
anyone vaped while fasting? did it fuck with the fast?
>>
>>49102435
I smoke. But I'd imagine that it wouldn't affect it, you're not getting calories from vape or smoke. Unless you're drinking the juice but that's retarted
>>
>>49102482
i'll see how it goes then, don't really see how it can fuck with the fast either, but if it does i'll just cut it out
>>
>>49102368
>>49102406
Yeah I guess it would be a pretty individual thing, physical distention of the stomach should stop ghrelin release though
I'm curious about sips, I love Monster Green but that's no good on a fast, and I'm not too much into any of their zero carb flavors.
Guess it's for the better
>>
File: 1537079542619.jpg (363 KB, 1101x1400)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
fuck it
psoriasis treatment and dermatologists help short term but this shit keeps coming back
starting a fast right now and removing shit from my usual diet
not sure if I should do a dry or a water one since i take medication for my tonsillitus currently
if this shit doesn't help im going to actually fucking kill myself in a videogame
>>
How beneficial is a weekly 24 hour fast?Last I ate was about 7:30 last night and it'd be easy to not eat again until 8 tonight.
Are there any good benefits of a shorter fast once a week aside from consuming less calories?
>>
>>49102515
My guess is that you'll crave it more as an appetite suppressant. Other than that there shouldn't be much difference though I'm curious what other's experiences are with caffeine/nicotine while fasting.
>>
So I just added cayenne powder to my snake juice, and holy fuck, I think I added too much, it's spicy.
The lingering after taste is pretty nice, but I hate having to taste salty and spicy at the same time. Who thell hell thought this is a good idea?
>>
>>49102756
How much did you add?
>>
>>49102658
>>49102515
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3195407/

seems like nicotine in and of itself isn't that bad, but all the other shit in tobacco is sketch, and with vape you have fruit flavors and shit, who knows how the body/brain responds to that stuff
>>
File: 1493363195217.png (374 KB, 637x484)
374 KB
374 KB PNG
>>49095187
Just watched Cole's video on his ingredients for snek juice. He never mentioned baking soda or epsom salt. Why has the recipe be revised in the OP?
>>
File: 1546694898.png (194 KB, 474x423)
194 KB
194 KB PNG
>>49102881
He's revised it over time. Watch more of his videos. Don't worry though, all recipes are valid.
>>
>>49102902
I see thanks
>>
>>49101860
I'd do the opposite with lifting. Less reps but higher weight. Stay a few reps away from failure though
>>
>>49102780
Less than half a tsp. But only on a litre of water so maybe it was too much?
>>
Is cole anti-vax? He seems to have a lot of anti-vaxxers in his comment section and they don't get downvoted.
>>
>>49100061
There's no such thing as an "essential" carbohydrate, in the same way other things like iodine, vitamin C and certain enzymes are essential to have in your diet.

Your liver can make all the glucose it needs for your brain to function. The rest of your body can switch to running on fat (by converting them to ketones).
>>
>>49102609
I'd go for a 36 h fast, so not eating for a day and starting the next with lunch at 12:00. Did that last year, for regeneration purposes and to fight inflammation. Back then it was consesnsus itt that autophagy kicks in at 20h into the fast, so you want to max the time after that mark. You have to build your training schedule around it though. When I upped my volume to 7 times cardio per + 3-4 times strength, it simply wasn't possible anymore.
Right now I'm at tuesday 36h and thursday 30h because I do a hard leg workout on friday and definitely need to eat before it.
My training schedule is
Mon:
Legs
Tue:
Semi hard cardio (HR intervals)
Wed:
Light cardio+upper body
Thu:
Semi hard cardio
Fri:
Legs
Sat:
Light+Upper
Sun:
Long run

Will stick to this for another month to drop weight and then start my next marathon training.
>>
Has anyone taken the rucksack pill? Put on a 45lb pack and just walk for 12 miles while fasted? Pretty sure this is the fastest way to cut. Ranger school style without the sleep deprivation.
>>
>>49103327
Why not do non meme shit like running, swimming or biking? If you are too fat to run, you shouldn't be walking around with pointless weight either. Walking+45lbs mean pretty much nothing if you could run the same distance...
>>
>>49103260
He advocates high meat and does videos on anti-feminism. Never heard anything on anti-vax but wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>49103378
more muscle activation, less intensity. You can constantly replenish your energy stores with fat.
Not fat btw just cutting.
>>
>>49103470
The added stress on your ankles and tendons simply isn't worth it. Adding weight for any other reason than nutrition and equipment is simply retarded. You can just carry around fat in a running/bining backpack/belt or whatever if you need it that much. But then why would you need to "replenish" your fat, when you want to cut anyway? It makes no sense. If you like hiking that's fine, but it is absolutely suboptimal for cutting.
>>
>>49103470
Also you want to do fasted cardio (which is fine), but then breal your fast while doing it? Why?
>>
>>49103327
I think my knees would explode halfway through.
>>
>>49100233
How are you on /fit/ and still don't know that BMI means jack shit and body fat percentage is how you decide if you're fat?
>>
>>49103580
No I'm saying that you can only push so hard while running fasted. You are limited by how fast your body can convert fat to energy. Rucksacking, by using more of your body with less intensity can keep up with ketone production. Maybe I'm full of shit but that's my experience.

Also, you guys have obviously never felt the Godly pump of a forced rucksack march. Maybe it's just Army nostalgia though.
>>
>>49102902
>says to drink as much snake juice as you want
>don't want to drink any because it tastes bad so don't
>die
wtf you guys told me this guy would help
>>
>>49103619
>hate snake juice
>just do dry fasts instead

Though really compared to just mixing Morton Lite Salt that formula actually tastes alright. Could get used to it. Use ice to hide the flavor a little better.
>>
File: father.png (58 KB, 1229x1160)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>I haven't ate since Monday when I took this girl out for food and drinks downtown

This is it. She said I looked much better, but I Imagined how much better I would feel if I was at my goal. Too much trash food and fucking up the fasts. Sorry for the blog post but /fast/ made me much better. /Fast/ you're going to make it.
>>
>>49103723
preach brother
>>
I have completed the first week of my 2 week fast. Congratulate me.
>>
>>49103874
Congrats. 22 hours is my record so far.
>>
File: 1508706247405.gif (897 KB, 224x233)
897 KB
897 KB GIF
My personal dry fasting record is 4 days

I binged 3 2L bottles of Coconut Water on the night of my failed 5 day dry fast attempt

At some point I was at 161.4lbs only 1.4lbs away from my goal. I realize now that the place I need to be in order to get rid of my FUPA and TITS is probably 10lbs lower than that, but fuck those were some trying times.

Currently 169.8lbs this morning aiming to fast until that shit leaves me for good. I hate having fat around my cock specially when I have such visible Hip Lines.

I can even feel the definition of my Abdominal Muscles underneath the fat. I need to get rid of this shit for good.
>>
File: 1542738139622.jpg (27 KB, 885x486)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
I am a fat, obese piece of shit who eats fastfood regularly and drinks a lot of soda. I'm 24 years old and I want to start losing weight before it starts to impact my health more than it already has. Should I start out by just not eating food and drinking water for a while, or should I make that snake juice recipe in the OP drink that for a while?
>>
>>49099095
ALL OF THEM.

>>49099335
STOP FUCKING EATING.

>>49099735
IT HAS CALORIES, NO. NO COFFEE, IT WILL FUCK YOUR STOMACH UP AND FUCK WITH YOUR SLEEP. GET APPLE CIDER VINEGAR.

>>49099745
THAT'S SOME AWESOME STUFF. I'M GOING TO WATCH THAT VIDEO RIGHT NOW.

>>49099930
REST IN PEACE, JESUS.
>>
>>49104224
man up and do at least a 48hr dry fast, then switch to snake juice. if you're a weak minded faggot, start with IF, progress to OMAD and then fast. but dry fasting will show you progress ASAP and encourage you to continue fasting
>>
>>49102902
Hey juicebro, if I make snake juice without potassium chloride is it any good or am I as good as ded?

Also, I'm just finishing day 1 of water fast. I'm ok with the hunger but I'm having some headache. Is normal?
>>
>>49099989
MUSCLE GLYCOGEN. IF YOU EAT CARNIVORE/KETO, YOU'LL BE DEPLETED OF GLYCOGEN EVENTUALLY (UNLESS YOU FORCE GLUCONEOGENESIS). THE STARCHY CARBS ARE THERE TO REPLENISH YOUR MUSCLE GLYCOGEN, AND YOU DON'T NEED TO DO THIS EVERYDAY UNLESS YOU'RE A HIGH LEVEL ATHLETE AND/OR KILLING IT AT THE GYM.

>>49100077
AS LONG AS YOU FASTED ALL OF THAT FUCKING WEIGHT. FOR YOU OTHER FATTIES, YOU DON'T NEED YOUR STUPID SUPPLEMENTS, YOU HAVE ALL OF YOUR MULTIVITAMINS IN YOUR FUCKING GUT.

>>49101310
BRING IT UP ON A DAY YOU WON'T EAT TOGETHER. FASTING COULD SAVE HER LIFE, AND AT THE VERY LEAST EXTEND HER LIFE, IN THE FUTURE.

>>49101313
THAT'S SOME GREAT PROGRESS. STOP BINGING SO MUCH!

>>49102054
GOOD WORK. KEEP GOING AND STAY FUCKING MOTIVATED.
>>
>>49104425
You'll be fine for a few days, but make it priority to get some potassium chloride powder (or a salt substitute) if you're going to fast for longer.
>>
>>49104425
potassium and sodium are NON-NEGOTIABLE
everything else is optional
>>
What is better: water fasting for several days then dry fasting for 24 hours, or dry fasting for 24 hours then jumping into a several day water fast?
>>
File: 1383483613127.png (488 KB, 1280x1868)
488 KB
488 KB PNG
>>49104437
Capsbro I just shit some somewhat black poop after a 5 day fast, any insights on that?
inb4 TMI
>>
Broke my fast at 108 hours b/c boss took everyone out for chicken wings. 16 spicy wings down, low carb, fucking delicious. Didn't blow out my shitpipe thankfully.
>>
>>49100331
>Literally all our ancestors ate keto
>Keto is just eating what humans have always eaten before we fucked our diet up for convenience, of course it works.
are you also up for losing all teeth at 30 and dying at 40?
>>
>>49104489
>>49104490
To be exact, I used the pink himmalaya salt and baking soda, but I currently dont have the potassium. So you guys say its necessary right?

Thanks for the support guys. Going strong for my 2nd day. I'll try to go for 10day with refeeds and slowly prepare for a full 40day Jesus-tier fast.
>>
>>49100279
google "keto downsides"
>>
>>49104412
So drinking and eating nothing for 48 hours. Then make some Snake Juice and go on that for how long?

Also an aside: Will this have any sort of impact on the mind? I'm in college and I don't want to be fogged and fucked up in class, especially because I have a 4.0 GPA right now and don't want to fuck it up when I am close to graduation.
>>
>>49104581
Watch this for more info
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fURwtw_FYK0
>>
Is taking medication acceptable during a fast? I get massive headaches because I am a fat piece of shit and drink like 6 cups of coffee a day. It's hard to kick the stuff without taking some sort of painkiller. Can I do that safely?
>>
Is dry fasting the quickest way to get into ketosis? If so how long would it take? 48 hours?
>>
>>49104619
Try and taper the coffee or live through it. If you must, go with the coffee over the painkiller.
>>
File: shekels.jpg (21 KB, 252x291)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>49104619
regular coffee has toxins in it
buy some special toxinless Bulletproof Coffee, only $99.99/pack, man's best friend in keto diet!
>>
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18874086
what do you think of their expert analysis bros? Read the article too for a good laff
>>
>>49102127
If you're counting different species then you can say some of our ancestors were pure herbivores so we should do that.
>>
>>49104619
I don't know how it affects a fast, but as far as whether it'll hurt you or not, look up what you're taking before you take it.
For instance, acetaminophen can be taken on an empty stomach whereas ibuprofen can give you an ulcer.
>>
>>49102127
I DON'T THINK WE ATE 70% FAT, THOUGH. MOST ANIMALS THAT WE HUNTED DON'T CONTAIN THAT MUCH FAT. A FED STEER FOR EXAMPLE:
The 750 pound carcass yields approximately: 490 pounds boneless trimmed beef. 150 pounds fat trim. 110 pounds bone.
AND THIS IS A DOMESTICATED STEER. I DON'T HAVE THE DATA, BUT I'M GOING TO MAKE AN ASSUMPTION THAT WILD ANIMALS TEND TO BE LEANER THAN THEIR DOMESTICATED COUNTERPARTS.

FRUIT IS SOMETHING THAT WE WOULD EAT TOO, AS LONG AS IT'S IN SEASON. THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO WAY THAT OUR ANCESTORS WOULD WALK BY AN APPLE TREE AND IGNORED THE FRUIT. SOMETHING A KETO DIET SAYS TO AVOID.

FINALLY, LEAFY GREENS ARE SHIT. SHIT NUTRITION, SHIT AVAILABILITY (THERE WERE NO FIELDS OF CABBAGE SPREAD ACROSS THE LANDS), AND SOME ARE TOXIC AS FUCK. WE ATE A SMALL AMOUNT, THOUGH, JUST NOT AT A CRAZY AMOUNT THAT WE CURRENTLY DO.

>>49102253
DID YOU LOOK WHERE PISS TESTS WERE?

>>49102564
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlBieCkBZSB/
URINE THERAPY MIGHT BE REQUIRED TO GET RID OF PSORIASIS COMPLETELY. GOOD LUCK.
>>
>>49104602
well i'm in college as well and when i'm fasting i feel fucking great and energized most of the time. felt that way on my first long fast, feeling that way now. bonuses are you have extra time since you don't have to eat and/or prepare food.
also, when fasting, a lot of anons (myself included) have reported not being able to fall asleep some nights. i use that time to do some studying and college related things, push through the night and following day, then fall asleep early the next evening.
try for yourself, 2-3 dry days won't do you harm and if you realize that it's too much for you, try IF for a week and then continue to OMAD and fasting
>>
>>49104806
Alright, thanks anon. I am going to head to the store later and get some of the ingredients for Snake Juice. I'll try a 48 hour fast. Should I drink a bunch of water before officially beginning it to assure I am properly hydrated? What about eating, should I be full before I begin the fast?
>>
>>49103260
HE'S ANTI-VAX.

>>49103619
STOP BEING A BITCH AND DRINK YOUR DAMN SNAKE JUICE.

>>49103723
GOOD JOB. PROLONGED FASTS BRING THE RESULTS IN SO QUICKLY THAT YOU STAY MOTIVATED. MAYBE YOU'LL LEAVE /FAT/ FOREVER, FATTY.

>>49103874
GOOD WORK YOU NEEDY WHORE.

>>49104008
GOOD WORK ON THE 4 DAY DRY FAST, THEY'RE NOT AS EASY AT YOUR WEIGHT. TRY AGAIN AND PUSH UNTIL YOU FUCKING MAKE IT.
>>
Guys, I think either fasting, or snake juice (reports of increased salt intake has helped) is curing my tinnitus. I haven't thought about it at all since I started and last night I realized it was way quieter or just outright gone, hard to tell
>>
>>49104849
inflammation goes way down. While fasting I can easily breathe through a nostril that is usually obstructed
>>
>>49104826
if you are as obese as you say, you don't need water or food for starting a fast.
my advice would be to start your fast with at least 1 dry day (extend to 2 if you feel like it), then continue with 2 days on snake juice and after that refeed. mind you, try to keep your refeeds keto and ~500 calories since your body needs to stay in ketosis and burn that fat. after that first fast, try to reach 7 day fasts and refeed, 10 day fasts and so on...
>>
>>49104579
Are you specifically trying to be wrong? I guess it's a troll but I'll bite.

We'd lose our teeth at our CURRENT diet at 30, without brushing, while our pre-historic ancestors had no wide spread dental problems their whole life and never obviously brushed. Tooth decay is from sugars so obviously they didn't have that problem since they ate close to none of it. Do animals in the jungle lose their teeth normally? Obviously not.

The average life expectancy was not diet related like it is now, we've in our modern era taken care of pretty much every cause that'd normally kill a person so what we're left with is how we ate or exercised during our time alive.

The average life expectancy was especially low because of unsanitary conditions that caused high child-mortality and the fact that most people were killed by predators, other humans or viral diseases. The're wasn't such a thing as dying of old age and a diet can't protect you from getting physically attacked. If none of those things happened, there was nothing stopping you from growing old, except becoming obsolete and abandoned by your group. There we're old people who lived long long lives, they were just less common and the median age of death stayed very low.
>>
Daily reminder: Fasting will only give you an irreparable eating disorder, simply having a caloric deficit will do you wonders.
>>
>>49104493
DRY FASTING FOR 24 HOURS AND JUMPING IN TO A *SNAKE JUICE* FAST.

>>49104513
YOU ARE LIKE THE THIRD PERSON TO MENTION DOUBLE DARK SHITS. IT'S A COMPLIMENT, REALLY.

IT'S JUST YOUR BODY PUSHING OUT OLD, FUCKED UP SHIT OUT OF YOUR BODY. BE GLAD THAT THAT CRAP IS OUT OF YOUR BODY NOW.

>>49104538
START AGAIN YOU CHICKEN WING FATTY.

>>49104579
>are you also up for losing all teeth at 30 and dying at 40?
YOU'RE CONFUSING KETO WITH THE VEGAN DIET.

>>49104619
>Is taking medication acceptable during a fast?
DEPENDS ON THE MEDICATION. IF IT'S FOR SOMETHING LIKE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, YOU CAN TAKE IT.
HOWEVER, IF IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE A COFFEE ADDICTED BABY FUCKFACE WHO HAS TO DEAL WITH THE WITHDRAWALS BECAUSE OF HOW '''''HEALTHY''''' COFFEE IS, NO.
I WOULD ONLY LISTEN TO >>49104663, BUT IF I WERE COACHING YOU IN PERSON I'D TELL YOU TO STOP BEING A BITCH.
>>
>>49104949
>>>/fit/fat
>>
>>49104697
YOU SEEM LIKE SOMEBODY I CAN TRUST. YOU HAVE ANY MORE ADVICE?

>>49104720
THIS SHIT IS JUST MAKING MY BLOOD FUCKING BOIL, /FPH/ IS REAL.

>>49104849
PEOPLE HAVE REPORTED THAT BEFORE, YEA. GOOD WORK ON HEALING YOURSELF, KEEP GOING IF YOU'RE A FATTY.

>>49104884
THIS AND THIS. I HAD REALLY BAD ALLERGIES AND I STARTED THE SNAKE DIET AND DRINKING RAW MILK TOO. BOTH DID WONDERS ON MY ALLERGIES.
>>
>>49104949
The irony is palpable.

With calorie reduction you'll be left with an irreparable eating disorder, mainly that once you lose the weight you'll have a severely affected metabolic rate that is lower than it should be at your new weight because of the way that you got there. You will have to eat way less calories than a person who has always been that weight and there is no easy fix for it. You will struggle a lot just to maintain.

With fasting you can go on eating your normal amount for your new weight as if you we're never fat. By fasting you also probably helped counter your old sick eating habits since your sense of hunger is totally changed permanently. Feeling a bit peckish doesn't now force you to eat, every time you eat now is a choice since you know you can easily manage without it.
>>
>>49104848
Shit, he's anti-vax.

Well, I hope he goes for a 30 day hard dry fast next, that sounds about right for him.
>>
>>49105064
That's not at all how it works, you wouldn't mind giving source to your claims? Chapter in a medical book perhaps?
>>
Will phlegm break my fast? I've gone a week but got sick and I'm sneezing and coughing and swallowing it by accedent sometimes.
>>
File: 1473817299674.jpg (86 KB, 1080x1080)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
i'm starting my fast tomorrow, got all the shit i need for snake juice, really gonna miss lifting heavy bois

planning to do atleast a 10-day before refeed, then another 10-day

my question is, since i've eaten normally up until today i wouldn't need to start drinking snake juice until 2-3 days from now right? can i just drink regular water first couple of days, or should i jump straight into the juice?
>>
>>49104748
The fruit that we had to eat historically couldn't be considered sweet in the slightest and from a modern culinary perspective hardly even fruit. All fruit we consume in modern times have been bred to be sweet, juicy, large and mostly flesh with little to no seeds. The fruit that our ancestors would have gotten would have been very small with loads of seeds and around the level of our modern carrot in sweetness so a lot of fiber and very little actual carbs, same with other plants.

Fiber becomes effectively fat in our stomach for most of our evolutionary history, like it does with herbivore mammals like cows etc. It still does a bit for us but a very small amount since our gut is significantly smaller and not suited for "fermenting" the fiber.

Also keto doesn't have to be 70% fat to be "keto" most people on keto don't eat nearly that much fat after a week or two once they become fat-adapted. The basic idea of keto is to use fats as fuel, not really the strict macros as those are not the ultimate mechanism that keeps it working. There is only one macro that is crucial and that is the carbs, fat/protein ration is negligable after the initial fat adaption. Pre-historic man lived mostly in ketosis.

Also the macros for carbs vary a lot especially with how active a person is. For a sedentary person 15g+ carbs a day can keep them out of deep ketosis, while for active athletes it might be almost 60g. I'd guess that our ancestors we're mostly the active type.

You can eat fruit etc on keto btw, but within limits, the limits of the diet are hardly categorical, it's just the way to stay in ketosis and the easiest way is to count macros. Our ancestors obviously took any opportunity they got, like maybe finding a honey tree once a year, or maybe there was a fruit with good yield in the area. They at as much as they could, it got stored into fat in their body very quickly by the liver and now they had stored some extra of what they'd normally use.
>>
does dry fasting gets you in ketosis faster ?
>>
>>49104748
>>49105358

It's our intestinal morphology when compared to other animals that gives clues to what we have eaten for a very long time.

The Gallbladder is a good example. We have a pretty sensitive signaling hormone in our stomach/liver area that ups bile content so that fats are more easily digested and the limits of how much it can produce bile are very high, which all suggests that there has been a serious need to adapt to using fat as a source of fuel for a significantly long time for that adaption to have happened. After a small time of the gallbladder adapting to the new demand, you can eat enormous amounts of fat at once and it'll be a steady energy resource that gets overflown through proper channels to be stored around the body and also used immediately.

Carbs on the other hand we are pretty bad with if they aren't eaten in small amounts as a large amount at once will just flood out of the liver as fat tissue growing straight out of it and end up as extra fat around your organs.
>>
>>49105598
Probably. It's a bit hard to tell with the piss tests as they test concentration and your piss will be more concentrated when you dry fast, but yeah it should.
>>
Been lifting hard for like 2 days which is unusual for me cause I usually only do light stuff every day. Anyway I'd love to do like a 3 day fast or so now to see how poppin my muscles are
>>
Starting a 2 day dry fast tomorrow then I plan to go for more 3 days water fasting, I hope that's enough to my body get adapted to fat burning, then I'll start going to the gym, i'm tired of this lazy ass skinny fat lifestyle.
>>
How long do you have to run 16/8 intermittent fasting before it starts "working"?
>>
So what is considered being "lean" is it where your top 2 abs show, skinny, skinny fat
>>
>>49106232
16/8 is a meme unless you do keto+calorie restriction.

Better to do OMAD at maintenance or Carnivore
>>
>>49105064
THIS IS EVERYTHING I'VE EXPERIENCED ON BOTH DIETS, BUT SINCE IT'S NOT IN A MEDICAL BOOK I GUESS MY EXPERIENCE DOESN'T EXIST.

>>49105277
>really gonna miss lifting heavy bois
YOU CAN STILL LIFT. START AT 70% AND GO BY HOW YOU FEEL.
>QUESTIONS
DEPENDS ON THAT LAST REFEED AND YOUR ELECTROLYTE LEVELS, BUT YOU CAN DRINK SNAKE JUICE AS EARLY AS THE 2ND DAY IF YOU FELT LIKE YOU NEEDED TO.
DON'T FORGET, YOU CAN ALWAYS DRINK PLAIN WATER THROUGHOUT THE FAST AND YOU CAN ADJUST THE SALTS TO HOW YOU FEEL.

>>49105358
>The fruit that we had to eat historically couldn't be considered sweet...
AGREED, BUT WE STILL ATE FRUIT.

>It still does a bit for us but a very small amount since our gut is significantly smaller and not suited for "fermenting" the fiber.
IF THIS IS ABOUT FIBER FROM LEAFY GREENS: EVEN IF FIBER IS CONVERTED IN TO FAT (LONG, MEDIUM, OR SHORT CHAIN?), THE CONVERTIBLE AMOUNT WOULD NOT BE WORTH THE TIME, EFFORT, MONEY, AND POSSIBLE HARMFUL SIDE EFFECTS. I'D RATHER JUST HAVE A TEASPOON OF BUTTER WITH MAYBE A HANDFUL OF LEAFY GREENS EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE FOR HORMESIS.

>most people on keto don't eat nearly that much fat after a week or two once they become fat-adapted.
I WASN'T AWARE OF THIS.

>Pre-historic man lived mostly in ketosis.
AGREED.

>Also the macros for carbs vary a lot especially with how active a person is...
I AGREE THAT CARBS AREN'T ESSENTIAL, BUT THEY'RE A QUICK AND EASY WAY TO REPLENISH MUSCLE GLYCOGEN. IN ORDER FOR YOU TO CARB-LOAD ON A KETO DIET, YOU'D HAVE TO EAT LIKE 5 POUNDS OF MEAT IN A SITTING TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF GLUCONEOGENESIS. BOTH METHODS HAVE THEIR PROS AND CONS.

>You can eat fruit etc on keto btw
I WASN'T AWARE OF THIS EITHER. I HAD ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT FRUIT WAS SOMETHING TO BE AVOIDED ON KETO.
>>
>>49105619
>Carbs on the other hand we are pretty bad with if they aren't eaten in small amounts as a large amount at once will just flood out of the liver as fat tissue growing straight out of it and end up as extra fat around your organs.
YEA, YOU HAVE TO DIAL IN YOUR CARB INTAKE SO YOU DON'T HAVE ANY SPILLOVER, THAT'S ONE CON OF EATING STARCHY CARBS.

>>49106123
SNAKE JUICE IS RECOMMENDED IF YOU WANT TO FINISH UP THOSE LAST 3 DAYS.

>>49106307
ALL OF YOUR ABS ARE SHOWING.
>>
>>49106232
>>49106335
This, 100%. Dive in bro. Do 7 days. Reap the physical, mental, and spiritual benefits.
>>
why would you eat no protein? doesnt it cause muscle loss?
>>
Dunno if I should dry fast or not, I really wanna get some walking and lifting in, but I also want that immediate weight loss that comes from a dry fast.
>>
>>49106836
There was a guy that fasted 40 days. His HGH was up 1250% at that point. Even after 3 days your HGH is up around 300%. Fasting is an ideal hormonal environment for fat burning and muscle preservation. Any genes that couldn't fast and preserve muscle diet hundreds of thousands of years ago. We actually evolved to handle this. Think about it, then read some studies. Voices of experience say that you'll encounter no muscle loss. Sure, you'll look flat when glycogen is depleted, but when you carb up after the fast, it all fills right back in -- except for a bunch of fat that disappeared (fed you while you weren't eating).
>>
>>49107207
Diet = died
>>
ramen restaurant just opened in my area and I'm only 4 days into a 50 day fast
>>
Why am I able to eat junk food, I'm talking a large whataburger patty melt meal and chili cheese fries(OMAD BTW) with a large dr pepper and fast for 2 days and itll be like nothing ever happened? I'll never gain weight, I'll lose weight and I'll even be in ketosis 15 hours after eating all those carbs.
>>
File: 1541289217212.jpg (52 KB, 600x600)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
told my doctor i'm fasting and she got really fucking angry at me lads
>>
>>49107505
Evolution. Drop the fries and soda and you'll be back in 2-6 hrs max. Depends on body, I can eat Runza double spicy jack burger and not even leave ketosis.
>>
>>49107584
>has a remake doctor
Ha! Mine just said "well that's good, but don't do it too much".
>>
>>49107594
Oh cool. Yeah I can drop the soda. I just love the fizzy feeling in my throat but I can drink sips and not have it effect me. Found that out earlier during my fasting lifestyle
>>
Fellas,

Do any of you get leg aches while fasting or in keto? I notice this happens consistently and I should be in keto or close to it right now. It has been 2 days since my last non keto meal and a day fasted and I get slight aches in my legs, I'm pretty sure that it is potassium or magnesium deficiency but you guys always say you don't need snake juice until a couple of days into a fast.

Does it just come with the territory with keto or should I drink snek juice and see if that helps. I feel fine otherwise
>>
>>49107618
same thing happened to me, it stopped when i started drinking snekjoos. how fat are you?
>>
>>49107633
I'm not obese or anything but I'm 6'1" at about 188 lbs and I'm dyel so I could stand to lose probably 15-20 lbs of fat.
>>
>>49107656
similar thing here, i ate 3 days keto and fasted for 3 more days, had to break fast due to lack of sleep. since i started using snake juice, twitching disappeared
>>
>>49099559
They make gum without any of those bad things though. Pur gum for example.
>>
File: 1537304218804.jpg (157 KB, 833x925)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
Finished a 5 days fast, brehs, gonna refeed after gym and gun for a 10 day fast beginning tomorrow. Wish me luck.
>>
>>49107618
Yeah buddy I get that. Muscle twitches too. Mag and potassium solve it.
>>49107795
Mastication alone causes ghrelin release which makes you hungry as fuck. Do what you will, but as far as fasting, you're playing with fire.
>>
File: 1546302454576.jpg (10 KB, 257x196)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>49107806
Nice. Keep it White, get lean and make some babies, 1488.
>>
>>49107584
>told my doctor i'm fasting
for what reason
>>
>>49107856
I'm getting niceee with all this fasting shit
>>
>>49107584
Went to the doctor for knee trouble today. My doctor was happy to hear that I was fasting and eating a keto diet. Turns out she's a fan of Jason Fung and routinely advises fasting and keto for her patients if they bring it up.

She also warned me about cutting too much more. Said I should start planning out what carbs I should add once I go back to maintenance/gain mode. She recommended root vegetables, potatoes, and sweet potatoes.
>>
File: J5YpNNR.jpg (107 KB, 695x867)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
https://discord.gg/PYQ5r7 join /fast/ discord
>>
gonna eating literally half of everything i used to
how to prevent muscle loss?
>>
>>49107893
Badass. Your doc knows what's up.

>>49107864
Not them, but because concealing relevamt data from medical professionals is stupid. If they are unreasonable, find a better one.
>>
>>49107880
Good shit. Have you hit a 12 inch drop yet? Meaning that suit shoulder measurement is 12 in over waist measurement. Looks possible w your frame and is a good goal/elite status. Aesthetics are all about those golden proportions, the V speaks for itself.
>>
Ah that cheesecake yesterday was a real mistake. The hunger pangs came back with a force. I don't even like sugary stuff that much anymore.
>>
File: 1545228751729.jpg (26 KB, 400x400)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
I have never done 24h fasts or more, mostly because I don't want to lose muscle, and I don't understand the science behind the snakejuice meme. Can someone redpill? No memes pls thanks
>>
>>49107961
why go to the doctor in the first place? is it mandatory?
>>
>>49108162
Watch the video on >>49099745
>>
File: 1547081666895.jpg (33 KB, 500x338)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>49108052
I sincerely have no idea, bro, I'll get some tap and measure it then. I just want to cut more (I was at 91kg, cut down to 87, now I want 80~78). My waist isn't slim, but my frame was always wide in the shoulders (even since I was a fat fuck) and I have good lats, so I think I can get to this proportion or close. Thanks for pointing it out my man!
>>
>>49107938
baste like a turkey
>>
>>49108245
Sorry actually drop is chest - waist. A good tailor will incorporate delt size of course. I've always been chest deficient and delt heavy. Still was a 46/34 at 220 6ft 10 years ago and the suits all still fit great at 200. Love handles, gut, and back fat hold a surprising amount even without considering fat around organs. Still working my way to 180, then back to the gym. Genetics only take you so far, I gotta get back to putting in gym work.
>>
>>49108424
Same here, my chest was always shitty, the opposite of my delts. I need to get to work on them, but fuck that, we're all gonna make it.
>>
JUST TOOK A QUICK LOOK AT /FAT/ AND THERE ARE SOME LOOOOOOOOONG POSTS ABOUT MEAL PLANS AND ALL THAT SHIT THAT'S GOING TO FUCK THEIR BMR PERMANENTLY.

LMAO ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS NOT EAT.
>>
>>49108510
My fucking BMR is fucked permanently thanks to the diet that used to work for me. Fasting is my only option now.
>>
>>49108522
I FELL IN THE SAME PATTERN:
1. LOSE 20 POUNDS
2. LOWER CALORIC INTAKE
3. PLATEAU
4. REPEAT
BOY DO I FUCKING REGRET EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY OF THAT SHIT
>>
>go and pick up the electrolyte caps I ordered
>"are you going biking/hiking?"
>"y-yes, sth like that (;´・ω・)"
>>
>>49107893
Personally I'm not going to eat grains ever again. Mostly meat and dairy, with occasional root vegetables.
God, I'm craving borscht so bad right now.
>>
>>49108537
I'm fucked both ways. Low BMR thanks to sedentary lifestyle and previous dieting, huge appetite due to getting really fat due to depression and hopelessness. I've pretty much accepted that I'll probably still be gaining weight after I fast to where I want to be, I just have to fast again and again when the problem gets to be too bad. But hey, at least getting used to fasting isn't exactly a bad habit.
>>
>>49108685
DID YOU START LIFTING?
>>
>>49108703
I've been lifting since 3 years ago.
>>
>>49108712
LIFTING HEAVY/HIGH VOLUME?
>>
>>49108724
Yeah, even though I've stalled in the last year.
>>
>>49108685
After you fast work hard to get muscle. It helps depression, and active tissue (muscle) requires calories whether you are active or not. Muscular and semi sedentary = much higher bmr.
Also if fasting helps your depression consider an SNRI. Fasting raises norepinephrine around 225%, helped my depression a lot and helped me find better meds too.
>>
File: fastday4foto.jpg (284 KB, 960x1319)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
4th day of the water fast

Ass was tired at work for a bit. Strangely again when I got up to do something felt way more energized. Don't know if it's some dumbass shit were my body enters survival mode and gives me reserved
energy. Who da hell knows, the body is a strange and amazing organism. Word to the wise got cravings today from when I started going on youtube and saw food cooking shit on and watched it. Don't give
yourself into temptation. You just gotta think that you're like a food addict and cut yourself off. This is a trial...don't make it any harder for yourself. Also, listening to Harry Belafonte or Queens
of the Stone Age is a good way to distract yourself. Pick one. Ain't going to the gym today, got no underwear that's clean. Will post my weight tomorrow in the morning, but not going to gym again cause lack of underwear and I'm
visting home. Going to the dad's steakhouse on Sunday. Wish me luck in explanian that I can't eat cause of the fast and for having my mouth water in front of a delicious steak. It's Joseph's Steakhouse in
Bridgeport if anyones in CT. Stop by when you pass Gun Wavin New Havin.

Workout Routine: https://imgur.com/a/jsiT8wv

Goal is 20 days and I'll try to make it by drinking the snake juice supplement by day 5.
Curent Weight:
Day (1): 192lb
Day (2): 191lb
Day (3): 189lb
Day (4): 186lb

Doing this for spiritual reasons, losing weight, but more importantly, I'm spreading awareness of the need to bring the mass shooter that is Sam Hyde to justice. Peace will not prevail until he is stopped.

Will post everyday. If a slav with unnatural curvature of the head can do it then you can too.
>>
>>49107943
By not doing calorie restriction faggot. When you calorie restrict your body says uh-oh hard times I need to slow down the metabolism.
When you fast your body says uh-oh I need to break down fat to give me energy to go find food so I don't die. Fasting does not lower metabolism like calorie restriction. It also spikes HGH. Watch some Jason Fung.
>>49108162
Fasting does not destroy muscle if you have alot of excess fat. If you are lean and fast you will catabolize more muscle. Only 70% fat burn vs 90% for an obese person. Fung says that while fasting the protein that is broken down is junky damaged muscle cells, additionally your HGH spike so once you break fast and refeed it immediately rebuilds the broken down bad muscle with new muscle.
Snake Juice is just a way of replenish electrolytes while not eating. If you drink only water with no electrolytes for a long period of time your body will begin to have problems.
>>
File: 1546554251594.jpg (157 KB, 576x1024)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
Day three of water fast. Feel like absolute drained fucking shit. Should I eat a few hundred calories of protein/fat? Will I still get that day 4 god like boost?
>>
>>49108966
Snake it up, nignog
>>
Refeed today was 1800 kcal in keto (cheese, Italian salami and bacon), looking forward to a 10 days fast beginning tomorrow.
>>
>>49108966
no hold strong bro, don't spike that insulin. do something to keep your mind off of it! go for a walk like your tracking that elk to feed the tribe. listen to some podcasts, shitpost your guts out, you can make it bro just keep pushing, and you best be replenishing those electrolytes w/ your snake juice.
I BELIEVE IN U BRO DONT LET ME DOWN :D
>>
When are you supposed to drink the ACV and lemon juice? Do you drink it straight or mixed with water? t. fasting novice
>>
>>49109613
Don't do it for a few hours after you've drank the snake juice or the baking soda will react to the vinegar in your body and make you shit yourself.
>>
is it normal to lose energy after refeeding? i'm new to fasting and after my first meal after a 72 hour water fast i feel physically weak and tired.
>>
>>49109977
Yes. Your body has now realized that food is inside you and it doesn't need to burn fat to survive.
>>
>started browsing /ck/
Is looking at food and thinking about what it tastes like mentally unhealthy? Am I not fully taking on the mental health benefits of fasting if I don't completely avoid the topic?
>>
>>49110008
Yes. It's weird, when I'm fasting, all I can think about is food, but when I actually eat it, I'm just really unsatisfied and it doesn't really taste all that good.
>>
>>49109988
damn. i think next time i'm gonna eat at night rather than 12 pm so i can go to sleep. this feeling is horrible.
>>
>>49110054
Just stay away from sugar and caffeine.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.