[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: qtddtot.jpg (122 KB, 999x624)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
Started lifting 4 weeks ago, currently 25kg OHP, 40kg BP, 75kg SQ, 40kg DL. Can I make 1/2/3/4 by the end of year?
>>
>>49084272
possibly if you train for strength
also
>75kg SQ, 40kg DL
how is this possible?
>>
>>49084272
What are some proven to work libido boosters? I already have high libido but I want to take it to the next level, I've fucked, cummed, swapped condom and fucked again and I want to add another round of it so basically fucking and cumming 3 times in a row without stopping.
>>
File: IMG_20190110_150512.jpg (1.62 MB, 3264x2448)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
I have a wierd shape on my chest above my boobs. It feels like muscle so it's not poor fat distribution, have I been doing too much bench press in the last 8 months so that I have a little bit of muscle there and now my chest looks ugly. Or have my boobs sagged and this is how I look now? because it's much less noticeable when I wear a normal bra. My bench press is still weak but my OHP is better, does OHP gain upper chest muscles too or just the front delts?
>>
>>49084272
>can I make 1/2/3/4 by the end of the year
if you eat non stop yes otherwise no
>>
>>49085013
I heard zinc is good for bigger loads and "reproductive health" in general. It might have some libido boosting properties as well.

>>49085334
I can't see anything in that photo. Try better lighting.

If I want to build up my arms, are chin ups at home a good way to supplement my gym routine? If so, how many should I be aiming to do and how often per week?
>>
>>49085334
>I have a wierd shape on my chest above my boobs

my gf started to develop that when she was benching and also doing dumbbell bench.
she quit it and it fixed, now I put her doing push ups once per week due to shoulder health and other benefits

so stop doing chest work, my gf does ohp once per week, push ups 1x/wee, triceps1x/week just to develop some strength and make really minor gains so it doesnt blow out of proportion
>>
File: 1543509875932.jpg (182 KB, 399x395)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
My squat is 1pl8 and my bench is 0.75pl8. My deadlift is also 1pl8. Should I worry about it?
My back is fucking weak. I have a lot of trouble on deadlifts and can't do rows after them because it stresses my lower back too much. I also don't feel my upper back doing chinups, thinking of switching to pull-ups, though I can't do a single one. Someone help me please.
>>
>>49085447
just keep at it
do assisted pull ups
>>
>>49085447
>stresses my lower back too much
Maybe invest in a lifting belt or work on your core strength and form. Sounds like your lower back is working overtime to compensate for weak abs. I had the same problem.
>>
>>49085513
Are lat pulldowns fine too?

>>49085563
Thanks, I'll work on my abdomen. How many times per week would be ideal?
>>
>>49085626
>Are lat pulldowns fine too?
Do them with good form and light weight first until you can feel you're using the right muscles, then progress the weight from there. They'll be fine to get you started but pull ups are still the benchmark.

>How many times per week would be ideal?
I do a 5 to 10 minute routine at the end of my work out just to strengthen core muscles. Also, when doing your deadlifts and rows, try tense your core as hard as possible. That should strengthen them and take some of the pressure off your lower back.
>>
r8 routine pls.

Workout A

Squats: 3 x 6, 1 x 8 - 10
Bench: 3 x 6, 1 x 8 - 10
Weighted pull up: 3 x 6, 1 x 8 - 10
Arnold press: 2 x 8 - 12
Seated row: 2 x 8 - 12
Romanian deadlift: 2 x 8 - 12
Bicep curl (any variant): 3 x 8 - 12
Ab exercise of your choice: 2 x ~
.... .... .... .... ....

Workout B

Deadlift: 3 x 5
Overhead Press: 3 x 6, 1 x 8 - 10
Pendlay Row: 3 x 6, 1 x 8 - 10
Incline dumbbell press: 2 x 8 - 12
Pull up/lat pull down: 2 x 8 - 12
Barbell lunge: 2 x 8 - 12
Weighted dip/Skullcrusher: 3 x 8 - 12
Ab exercise of your choice: 2 x ~
>>
>>49085626
do abs and arms every day unironically
>>
File: Untitle.png (174 KB, 295x315)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
>>49085378
I can't seem to take a better picture even though I can see it in the mirror. I googled this image, it looks like this.
>>49085439
I do barbell bench press, incline dumbell bench press and OHP once per week, maybe I should do bench press once every 2 weeks?
>>49085447
>pull-ups, though I can't do a single one
Try doing negatives.
>>
File: 1516237797995.jpg (180 KB, 790x1052)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>49084272

My right arm was fucking hurting all last week, went to the ER and they only gave me 800mg ibuprofen. Everyday I woke up I tried stretching my arm to see if it stopped hurting. It's been two days now since I felt any pain.

Can I go back to working out again?
Literally couldn't drive or beat off because of it.
>>
>>49086010
you can test it with some light weights as in LIGHT weights like 10kg not LIGHTWEIGHT 5 x 5 bench weight but its better to just leave it until you feel confident it's fine
>>
File: IMG_2208.jpg (75 KB, 640x777)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
Any point in doing 15-20 reps for hypertrophy or 8-12 best?
>>
>>49086192
if you can do 15-20 reps then you're not pushing yourself hard enough
up the weight gayboy
>>
Is the bulgarian squat actually a kind of dead lift? If so can I do this in place of regular deadlifts?
>>
>>49085010
IDK I probably have shit form or something. I've always had joocy legs
>>
File: IMG_2403.jpg (135 KB, 946x523)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>49086201
Nigger I don't ever do 15-20 I was wondering if I should add it.
>>
File: picture.png (1.78 MB, 1400x1050)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB PNG
I developed pain where the shoulder bone connects to the rest of the arm, how do I fix this? Pic related.
>>
>>49086290
Does it hurt to rotate your arm? When does it start to hurt?
>>
>>49086311
It changes from actively hurting to me just feeling something is up there, but generally yes it doe. Hurts especially when I use the arm actively for something, or flex the shoulder.
>>
How long is to long if a rest pause during a set of 5/3/1?

I did 395 for 13 reps today, but those 13 reps took me about a solid 3 minutes, and the last 4 or 5 reps probably taking 20 seconds or so each. I know you’re suppose to go to failure, but if it’s taking me that long to reset and knockout a rep should I cut it short?
>>
>>49086346
Hmm, could be your rotator cuffs or maybe a tendon. I can't say for sure really. I'd see a physio if the problem persists.
>>
>>49086260
more like squatting high or not trying hard enough on dls
>>
>>49086516
My thighs are near-parallel to the floor in my squats
>>
>>49086623
So you don't even break the parallel.
>>
>>49086192
Take the reps to failure or just shy of failure, nothing else counts. Number of sets a training session depends on how frequently you work that muscle each week. Most suggest 8+, but there is no upper limit as long as you can recover before the next workout. Then eat and sleep. All there is to hypertrophy.
>>
I gained 10kg in the last 6 months i went from 63kg to 73kg, if i don't eat at a calorie surplus now is my workout wasted since you can't grain muscle without a calorie surplus?
>>
>>49086967
What is the connection between the first part of your sentence and the second? Are you saying you got fat?
>>
>>49087021
No i went from very skinny to skinny
>>
Am I just retarded? I keep starting and stopping with diet and lifting. Lifting was my lifestyle a couple years ago and I was making great gains. Do I just need to fucking start and commit? Lift, diet, sleep?? Why can’t I get back into that groove
>>
I just bought a tub of ON pre since I found a good deal but my only concern is when I stir it in my 250ml glass it always leaves small clumps in the bottom.
Should I get a separate shaker and use that, since I'd hate my post workout shake to taste of apple and chocolate...
>>
>>49087050
If you lift without a caloric surplus your ability to recover from your workout will be limited. So after a few weeks your workouts will decrease in quality. What is your goal, why are you reluctant to keep bulking if you're still skinny,
>>
>>49087099
I'm not reluctant i just have a hard time eating 3000kcal i can only eat about 2000 a day, i'm just worried i wont build muscle if i don't eat enough
>>
>>49087110
Do you have a nut allergy? Peanut butter is god tier for bulking
>>
>>49087110
Eating 3000 cal put mass on at a rate of ~1.6 kg/ month, why don't you shoot for 0.5 or 1.0 kg a month and see how you feel and how you look in a mirror in a month. I get that stuffing yourself can be tiring, but I'm guessing you're still dyel. Good luck brutha.
>>
Is muscletech/ON whey actually worth the extra cash compared to how good a bargain bulkpowders/myprotein is? Or am I better off saving my money?
>>
>>49087120
I don't but i've been eating 100g of peanuts for the last few days i'll look into buying peanut butter, i ordered the one from myprotein a while ago but that one is really disgusting
>>49087171
Thanks bro, my tdee is about 1800kcal i will try to eat about 300kcal surplus yes i'm also still a dyel i would say close to ottermode
>>
>>49087225
Sounds good, keep in mind that your TDEE will increase as you gain mass. Sometimes it's hard to remember that all growth, even muscle growth, is stressful. If it was easy, everyone would do it.
>>
>>49085847
>>>49085439(You)
>I do barbell bench press, incline dumbell bench press and OHP once per week, maybe I should do bench press once every 2 weeks?

sure but I would drop any chest work for now until it disappears, and if it were on a cut then it would be faster(faster muscle loss) but its up to you
>>
How many squats do i do a day?
>>
>>49086931
When you say 8+ sets that means for the whole muscle, not per exercise, right? So if I'm doing 5 sets flat bench, 4 incline, and 4 flies that would be 13 sets?
>>
Why do I get less attention from women after losing 40 pounds and getting fit? I used to be out of shape with fat face syndrome and used to have girls like me. Now I’m a born again virgin (it’s been over 4 years since last female contact) and have no prospects at all at 24 years old.
Is being fit overrated?
>>
DYEL doing Starting Strength, I have a lot of trouble with the OHP even at unloaded weight. I'm sure it's because my form is dogshit, because all the other barbell exercises I can handle easily at unloaded weight. Is there a secondary exercise I can do to build those muscle groups before I snap my spine in half on a failed OHP?
>>
>>49087423
Pretty much. If you want more detail:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwv3JqOUqWs
If you want to go pure autismo:
https://renaissanceperiodization.com/training-volume-landmarks-muscle-growth/
>>
>>49087473
Do with DB. But please tell me your height and weight, for science. (Not trying to bully, but my exGF can press the empty bar.)
>>
File: IMG_2434.jpg (30 KB, 480x360)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>49087540
Thanks. I'm already here so full autismo it is.
>>
progressing on rows but lower back is suffering
should i add some core work to compensate? best exercises?
currently doing a ppl 6 days a week
>>
>>49087558
It's not that I can't press the bar, its that my form is horseshit. I've actually been doing dumbbell presses at 50lbs total to try and get the form down but I always feel the pressure on my spine when I spring under the bar. If I drop the weights any lower I don't feel like I'm doing any work.
I'm 6'0" @ ~160lbs
>>
>>49084272
once you get fat adapted, what happens if you havbe a high carb meal? how long to go back to ketosis/being fat adapted
>>
>>49087750
weak core
brace the fuck out of ur abs and stand up straight, also use a narrower grip
>>
>>49087777
Will try. My core is pretty weak, I've been trying to build it up with secondary exercises.
I think I also just don't "get" what Rippetoe means when he talks about the rubber band effect of contracting your core and springing it under the bar.
>>
>>49087797
inhale and flex your abs like someone is about to punch you in the stomach right before you press the bar upwards
mentally it helps if you exhale (scream LIGHTWEIGHT) with your hands on the racked bar, squeeze the bar and duck under it slightly then inhale hard, brace and push the bar up at the same time and keep your abs tensed without exhaling until you finish your reps
>>
What does fit think of BCAAs? I heard they are good on a cut
>>
Been doing Keto for 3 weeks now.

My daily carb intake was always ~10g
Today I somewhat fucked up and my daily carbs are 28g

Did I fuck myself over or can I keep going?

I'm 5'10'' and currently at 228lbs if that matters

Also most guides recommend 1:3 ratio of protein and fat
As I'm lifting right now I'm more at a 1:1,5 ratio, is it a problem? (going for 0,8g/lbs)
>>
>>49087892
you can do up to 50g carbs, some people can eat more and stay in ketosis
the goal is to eat as much carbs as possible without getting out of ketosis, not eat 0 carbs dude

high protein is fine and you should consume it if you're trying to build muscle, nothing will happen or kick you out of ketosis
do 1.6g to 2g protein per kg, below 50g carbs and the rest fill up with fats
>>
>>49087797
I think Rippetoe is being an autistic powerlifter when he describes using momentum to do OHP, especially for noobs. When bracing your stomach, don't "suck in" your stomach like youre at the beach, but rather give yourself a potbelly and then hold that shape. Alternatively, consider seated OHP if your gym has the short chairs that brace your back without going to high up.

>>49087890
I heard you're free to spend your money on whatever memes you like.

>>49087892
Are you measuring ketone bodies? 28g won't push you over the edge unless you had them all at once. Just get back on the cart bro. By my calculation, you'll be at around 3200 calories total, which is probably fine. Most guides are probably written for people strictly doing weightloss.
>>
>>49087062
confirmed for retarded
>>
>>49087972
>>49087978
Thanks for the reply bros

>3200 total
I'm doing the calculations based on a 500kcal deficit for when planning protein/fat in meals.

My carb intake is mostly from nuts, once a week I'll down a monster zero which is ~5g of carbs
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN3pYh4rTH0
She's talking about carb restrictive diet and in the beginning says then when you lower your carb intake, if you don't exercise and intake too much protein it gets turned in to sugar and then fat.
But what if I do exercise 4 time a week Lower/Upper split, lift pretty heavy in 3-5 rep range for 2 days and 8-12 other 2 days? Should I keep high protein?
>>
>>49087853
This makes more sense than Rippetoe's explanation, I was thinking it was a contractile force like what's used in boxing. That's probably why I was loading the spine so much.
>>
is 4 bottles of water a day enough? each is 500ml
>>
>>49088750
The bounce rippetoe talks about comes from the hips I think. Squeeze your glutes and quads, then push your hips forward so they squeeze even more, and bounce off that tension back to upright. I think bracing the abs is supposed to just be the normal valsalva
>>
Thinking about getting an adjustable dumbbell set because I don't really want to pay for a gym membership. Will I be able to get a full body workout from those just fine? I know I won't be able to do squats or deadlifts so that's really the only downside.
>>
>>49089505
gym is £20 a month
go to the gym
>>
How do I enjoy deadlifts

Been doing them for a couple of weeks and am up to 2pl8 but it's literally the only exercise I actively dread
>>
>>49089518
Where do I find a gym that cheap. Everywhere decent around here is like 50+ a month
>>
>>49089693
You're not meant to enjoy deadlifts
>>
>>49089701
in the uk we have puregym which is 24/7 and £20 a month with no contract, there has to be a freedom version of that, even planet fitness will do if it has a squat rack and free weights
>>
>>49089701
Talk to the manager, don't take the bitchboy sales reps and their bullshit payment plans
>>
File: kaz.png (546 KB, 1024x576)
546 KB
546 KB PNG
>>49089717
Why am I still doing them?

Just to suffer?
>>
>>49089727
I thought about planet fitness, but my friend who goes there says they only have those smith machines

>>49089733
What am I suppose to say to the manager
>>
>>49085847
That is just the upper chest developing. It is only on one side because you naturally favor the right arm on bench.
Just do chest once a week or so.
Mobility, legs and abs should be a focus in an aesthetic program for ladies.
I'd agree cutting it back and focusing on mobility.
If you do yoga safely, it will actually get you everything you want out of /fit/ness.
>>
I've done SS on and off for about a year with almost no consistency and gotten to these stats
SQ-150 kg 1RM
DL-165 kg 1RM
Bench-90 kg 1RM
OHP-70 kg 4RM
5'8 210 lbs 30% BF
I feel like linear progression can keep going on squats and deads, presses are 99% stalled though
What do I do, do I keep grinding or do I switch to another program? If so, which one should I go for? Mainly interested in strength btw.
>>
File: help.png (543 KB, 659x768)
543 KB
543 KB PNG
I have this pain in my arm (see pic) that shows up when I twist it enough. When I put my arms into the back squat position and add the bar with weight, the weight partially rests on that twisted position and it hurts too much to squat. I have had this pain for months. How do I fix this?
>>
File: JUST.jpg (51 KB, 1280x720)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
I'm sure this is already written down somewhere but what's a really good diet for bulking?
>>
this is probably a stupid question but,
I am just trying to lose a lot of weight, Im not really trying to bulk up, just lose weight, so far I have been
>eating a lot less
>doing abs every day
>walking every day

is there anything else I should be doing? should I be working out with a small amount of weight too?
>doing abs almost every day and walking every day
>>
>>49090158
lmao @ shaved back and hairy arms
>>
>>49090211
Why are you doing abs everyday? Why do you even train your abs? Just lift a little and do some cardio to aid your FAT loss
>>
>>49090323
I just thought that would be a good way to get rid of belly fat,
but thank you, I appreciate it.
>>
>>49090375
You can't spot reduce fat but you can lose fat everywhere on your body by eating less calories than you burn. Eating fewer calories and exercising should help you get there, exercise is optimal though. Lifting and eating enough protein is important by the way because that results in less muscle being burned. Also don't be afraid to lift hard and consistently, you won't look "bulkier" but you'll definitely look better by putting on muscle mass and even if you somehow end up not liking the way you look, you can just stop lifting and your entire progress will disappear within a few weeks/months depending on the progress you made.
>>
>>49090475
Thanks really good info!
>>
>>49089824
a gym membership for a year is only like £200 anyway
find a half decent one and just commit you little faggot, all it needs is free weights and a squat rack and you can become the man you want to be
>>
>>49089866
Help out a fella with dubs brahs
>>
File: 1539921308312.jpg (415 KB, 1024x1727)
415 KB
415 KB JPG
>>49084272
i've been really autistic with my squat form and i've gotten it to be almost perfect, but i have one problem thats persisted in my final few reps. after i hit bottom and start to drive back up, my shoulders don't rise at the same rate as my hips. in other words, my back angle ends up slightly more horizontal than it was on the way down and i end up good morning-ing the weight a little bit.
its not a huge problem, but there is definitely a weakness somewhere, would it be my lower back or my glutes or what do you think, and what do i do to fix it?
>>
>>49089866
>210lbs 5'8 from only doing SS
you must look like dog shit
>>
File: 1546821212265.jpg (131 KB, 1600x900)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
I've lost 70lbs, am at 170 now, since May and still have a bit of a gut. Can running a 5k 3-5 times a week while eating at a deficeit of -800 calories be enough to get rid of it in a modest amount of time, i.e two months? I hope to reach 160lbs before I begin a dedicated bulking/lifting routine but I would prefer to get rid of my gut first though.
>>
>>49085334
>hey everyone, look at my tits
fuck off
>>
Anyone got that picture of a home gym covered in Taylor Swift posters?
>>
>>49090621
I look really good except for my huge powerbloat belly
>>
>>49090475
Excellent answer
>>
>>49084272
6'0, 163 lbs, 16.8 bf%. At a 1000 kcal deficit how long will it take yo reach 13% if i also do weights and sport while distinguir?
>>
>>49084272
I need help with getting rid of my casein protein senpai
I can make it taste good but I cannot get rid of that puke inducing texture, protein sludge was actually surprising good in the palate but fuck me there was still that grain texture as I finished chewing/swallowing it

any shit like protein bars or whatever, or even a decent mug cake that masks this?
>>
I've been on like two dates with a girl before break but after break she's been super flaky and taking a long time usually to respond and she flaked on me again tonight.

What can I say to her without sounding super bitchy/angry but also pretty much leaving it up to her to make something happen. Like I want to see her again and maybe she has been legit this whole time but in starting to think she is full of shit. I wanna call her out subtly maybe idk
>>
does anyone get constant form anxiety? I get so preoccupied with my form that it makes my form even worse.

I'm only a beginner but I have self-doubt that i'm making progress because i'm constantly doubting my form
>>
>>49085734
Let me change it for you, so that you can get a bit better bang for your buck with time vs investment, assuming you want a reverse pyramid scheme, warm up etc for 10 mins at least:

Workout A

Squats:
Bench: 2x4, 6, 8 (8 - 9RPE)
Weighted pull up: 4, 6, 8, 10 (7RPE)
Arnold press: 6, 8, 12 (8RPE)
Seated row: 8, 12 (6RPE)
Romanian deadlift: 3 x 10 (6RPE)

.... .... .... .... ....

Workout B

Deadlift: 4, 6, 8 (Feel free to pyramid back down, but not essential. 9RPE)
Overhead Press: 5, 6, 7, 8 (7-8RPE)
Pendlay Row: 8, 12, 16, 20 (7RPE, reps on this, now weight)
Incline dumbbell press: 5, 8, 12
Pull up/lat pull down: Make a choice. I'd recommend pull ups, unweighted, and go for 3 sets of 8RPE
Dumbbell lunge: 8, 10, 12

As for arms/abs, do that as well, but it's not AS important as you'd think.
>>
>>49091468
easy
dont say anything
>>
File: IMG_2395.jpg (227 KB, 1320x2560)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
Why tf does my garmin say I've burned 2500cal today already? Every other TDEE calculator I've used says that's my TDEE. It's not even 3pm and I didn't do any cardio today. Does it want me to get fat?
>>
Autist here. Not really /fit/ related but whatever.
Oneitis
>hey anon
Me.
>hey [her name]
Oneitis
>I like your [team] pull over
>keeps walking
Did she say this because she just likes my shirt or do I have chance bros?
>>
>>49092094
You have a chance. If you really want to see if she's paying attention to you make a pretty drastic change to either your wardrobe (preferably not related to that team) or hair when you're sure you'll run into her. See if she comments on it.
>>
File: 1541442597086.jpg (226 KB, 1080x1350)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
What kind of mat should I get for deadlifting?
>>
Hows my routine?
CHEST / BACK:
Bench Press - 5x5
Deadlift - 3x5
Incline Bench Press - 4x8
Dumbbell Fly - 3x8
Chinups - 4x6
Barbell Rows - 3x8

SHOULDERS / ARMS:
Overhead Press - 5x5
Lateral Raise - 3x12
Barbell Shrug - 3x12
Dumbbell Bicep Curl - 3x12
SUPERSETTED WITH
Barbell Tricep Extension - 3x12
Dumbbell Incline Curl - 3x12
SUPERSETTED WITH
Tricep Pushdown - 3x12

LEGS/ABS:
Barbell Squat - 5x5
Front Squat - 3x8
Romanian Deadlift - 3x12
Calf Raise - 4x20
Hanging Leg Raise - 3x20
Oblique Crunches - 3x20

ABCxABCx
On the second chest/back day, swap the deadlifts for barbell rows and do them before bench press. After bench, do the back exercises (include 3x12 rack pulls) and then do chest.
My lifts are shit and I only just started this routine because I got bored of fullbody and wanted to do something that feels more athletic with more volume for aesthetics.
>>
When I do overhead tricep extensions, I feel pain at the top of the shoulder. Have bad joints notoriously, can this be fixed by stretching or should I see someone? pic related
>>
Does 3 beers destroy the days progress?
>>
>>49092247
Idk but 10 a day can destroy a family
Source: Karen took the kids
>>
>>49092094
You may or may not have a chance. Only way to know is to talk to her. Good news is you already have an established common interest. Next time you see her just chat her up a bit about your team, the conversation should flow from there.
>>
>>49091474
Take videos of your form and determine from there.
>>
>>49087413
4-6 sets at varying reps (not including warmup)
>>49090178
I find it easier to bulk by consuming multiple meals throughout the day instead of just breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Good for bulking: Milk (GOMAD is a thing for good reason), Cheese, Maltodextrin, Bread, adding a ton of sauces/butter/olive oil to foods, sunflower seeds (already deshelled).
>>49089866
Switch up to Madcow or other intermediate programs (or try pic related)
>>49090158
Is this the problem?
>https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/14534-biceps-tendon-injuries
Remember R.I.C.E to get better. Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation.
>>49092238
Do face pulls and double check your form, I hurt myself in the same place because I was holding dumbells at wrong orientation for OHP.
>>
>>49092292
are you literally my dad?
>>
do u guys have nipple hair
how do you get rid of it? do you just pluck it?
asking for a friend haha
>>
>>49093198
I just cut the long strands by just holding the hair and using shaver on it.
>>
File: original.png (2.18 MB, 1700x1203)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB PNG
I need powerbuilding programs hook me up with some names to look up
>>
>>49087750
clench your glutes, tense abs and quads, breath deep then press
>>
Sick as fuck, despite that today was my most productive day in a long time. Cooked a healthy meal (chicken wrap, stayed in a pretty decent deficit), cleaned my room and organized an office space in my house. Should I still try to lift for the first time this Monday if I’m still this sick?
>>
>>49093404
What kind of sick and how bad?
Try onion/garlic+honey if it’s just a really bad cold or something.
>>
I'm 95% sure I'm low test and want to change it, but am too socially awkward to bring it up to my doctor and don't want to wait for test results and a prescription I might not even get. What is the best over the counter testosterone supplement, with the criteria being actually working and having the least weird side effects.
>>
>>49089812
How often are you doing dl and what sets/reps?
>>
File: 20190110_170048.png (284 KB, 1078x1082)
284 KB
284 KB PNG
Is this a good routine for a beginner?
>>
File: IMG_20190111_010245.jpg (337 KB, 1080x1920)
337 KB
337 KB JPG
Is this a good tinder bio?
>>
>>49093580
You can buy blood tests at private labs and they don't ask for a reason. Start there cause OTC stuff besides losing weight,lifting hard and cleaning up your diet doesn't work.

here is a bloodwork guide if you are american

https://old.reddit.com/r/steroids/wiki/bloodwork/list
>>
>Can taller/bigger guys have a "little guy complex"?
I'm 6'2" 230lb, wrestled and baseball all through school, always have been very competitive.
Someone asked me the other day why I'm so aggressive towards these two guys I know, both of whom are taller than me by a couple inches. I never realized until then that I was but I kinda am, and now that I really think about it, I'm aggressive to anyone taller or bigger than me. I'm not intimidated by any means, but what is this called?
>>
>>49093717
yeah it's great if your goal is getting zero pussy
>>
>>49093732
Yeah bro I'm 6'4" and hate dudes who are taller than me.
>>
>>49093746
>tfw will never have baneposting gf
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s46efcroQ0

Is there an actual benefit to something like this?
>>
>>49085334
I for one appreciate the titty pic. They look fine to me, anonette.
>>
hello friends
im a 200 lb male, aged 25, how much fish oil and multivitamins should i be taking a day.
basically, i've made some drastic changes to my diet, in terms of eating a lot cleaner and eating more veggies for lunch and dinner, but im wondering if theres a recommended amount?

t. first time cutter.
>>
>>49093783
Its basically a gimmicky take on boxercise. Its moderate cardio, that's all. You'd benefit more from going to an actual group exercise class if this is your thing, or better yet an actual boxing club.
>>
>>49093807
You can take both in pill or capsule form. Just take the standard dose.
>>
>>49093756
But why, what the fuck is that? I like the guys really but for some reason I'm just extra aggressive and even a little hostile to them.
>>
>>49093717
No, that's terrible.
>>
File: 1541326495379.jpg (229 KB, 1030x1280)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>49093868
See, there's none in my area. Not even a gym. I want a punching bag with some gloves so I can vent some stress, but I'm in a rented apartment.
>>
Which Upper/Lower is better? And where would I add deadlifts into it?

>AWorkoutRoutine
vs
>Lyle McDonalds
>>
>>49093667
Fuck no. Where did you even find such a retarded routine? Read the sticky, follow one of the routines there.
>>
>>49093580
Literally just bring it up to your doctor. Say youve been feeling weak and fatigued for a while, you haven't had any major changes in diet or lifestyle, so you'd like to find out whether it's testosterone related.
>>
>>49093881
Because we're not used to it. For me I've figured out that my height is usually an area where I can mog anyone, so I have to make up for the fact that I'm not the tallest by being more aggressive or something. Being the tallest in a group is nice because people notice you no matter what. If you're not the tallest you gotta figure out a different way to stand out. Since I figured all this out I've tried to stop letting my ego dictate my behavior. I've got pretty good, but I still don't actively make friends with people taller than me.
I also feel weird look up at people when I talk to them.
>>
>>49093404
If you even have to ask, the answer is no.
>>
>>49093198
Yes. Pluck.

Don't use a razor, you're likely to cut your nip or develop ingrown hairs.
>>
>>49090638
If your body fat is in check and you are dealing with a protruding gut take a look at your diet and incorporate some foods that aide in digestion.
Plain greek yogurt is good. Leafy greens or broccoli.
Avoid eating in a way that will clog you up e.g. a bunch of pb, more than a few crackers, fig newtons, oreos and such if you are eating those foods.
Also important is do not hold in your feces for longer than you have to, when your body says it needs to go you should take care of business. Depending on the consistency of your diet you will end up with an approximate time of day you tend to take a shit.
>>
>>49092247
No, the bullshit about alcohol being the kryptonite of gains is mostly just broscience. Drinking moderately and/or occasionally won't fuck up your gains. Alcoholism is obviously bad though.
>>
https://quietpunch.com/

Is there a better way to use a punching bag inside your appartment?
>>
>>49092146
you need facepulls nigga
>>
>>49092146
That's a hell of a lot of volume. Your workouts will last 2+ hours and you'll be limited to fairly light weights. Try it and see how you get on, I guess. Exercise-wise you seem to have all bases covered.
>>
>>49092247
>>49094018
One of the reasons this meme is so popular is that TOO MUCH alcohol impairs your ability to get a good night of sleep, which is not good for your gains.
But three beers isn't going to matter.
>>
>>49092133
A rubber one.
>>
>>49091468
Like the other anon said, say nothing. Sounds like it wasn't meant to be. If she's genuinely interested she WILL contact you, but desu sounds like she got cold feet.
>>
>>49093929
It is one of the routines in the sticky. It's linked to in Harsh's Worksheet.
>>
>>49094093
Well, also how alcohol is high in empty calories and it disrupts protein synthesis to the muscles.
>>
>>49094233
True, however the point remains that a moderate amount of alcohol every once in a while isn't going to be an issue
>>
>>49090178
A handy rule of thumb is that if you can add peanut butter, cheese or olive oil to it, you should.
>>
>>49091614
>>49094165
Rodge thanks. I figured as much but it sucks because I was so close but so far away at the same time. I haven't had sex in awhile and even besides that ive just been lonely lately and want a girl companion. For the record, I don't let it show or tell anyone i actually know it's just shit that Ive been bottling up
>>
>>49094296
Yeah, it sucks but you have to be philosophical about these things. Stay open minded and be on the lookout for a better chick. Don't waste time moping or over thinking "what could have been" - do or do not do, there is no try, as Chewbacca said in Star Trek.
>>
File: 1507714976056.png (20 KB, 691x653)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>49084272
>tfw 19 and finally realized that there's not gonna be anyone genuine who stays by my side until I die
>tfw finally understood that years of improving myself won't guarantee me good friends let alone a potential wife
>tfw resolving to live the rest of my life climbing the rungs of society and achieving fantastic things but remaining perpetually lonely

They tell me to live in the present and stop focusing so much on the future. What if I've got no one to share the present with?
>>
>>49093914
Sounds like you must live in a sparsely built area if there's no gym. What about running in your local park or woods, doing some jump rope, shadow boxing etc?
>>
>>49094185
Ah damn, my bad. It still looks ridiculous though.

If you want to do a powerlifting routine, do stronglifts or starting strength. If you want more of a brosplit look up some PPL routines.
>>
>>49094367
Yeah, yeah, we were all angsty teenagers once. It gets better.
>>
>>49094457
In what way and when? I just want this shit to end, anon. Not even lifting helps me with this anymore, I just feel like I hate everyone but my family at this point
>>
>>49094441
What about this routine?
http://newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2007/01/stripped-5x5.html?m=1
>>
>>49094367
>tfw finally understood that years of improving myself won't guarantee me good friends let alone a potential wife
It’s to start improving your social skills, learn how to be a good friend, starting random conversations with strangers, flirting around without expecting huge success, being a positive member of your community etc.
>>
>>49094538
Yeah, that sounds fine actually. General consensus would say limit the deadlifts to 1x5, at least once you get out of baby weight territory. And chances are you'll want to throw in some arm and shoulder accessories on one or both days, because of course you want some sweet guns. But that routine sounds pretty solid.
>>
>>49094393
Yeah, pretty much. There is a lovely giant forest I run in sometimes, but I was kinda wanting to punch something.
>>
I have shit flexibility and want to get into lifting. Starting Strength pretty much says that lifting improves flexibility. I also have no confidence I'm doing compound lifts correctly while being old enough that I normally experience backpain and have no idea what is because lifting or being old.

Should I continue lifting or stop and try flexibility building? Should I combine that with some relatively less complex lifts?
>>
>>49094477
I don't know your personal circumstances but it's likely to be rooted in frustration stemming from a lack of control over your life.
>>
>>49094703
YouTube limber 11 for some basic non-meme mobility drills. The most taxing lift for people mobility wise is typically the squat, is this true for you? Most people can do a DL, for example, after warming up. I like the idea of doing less complicated lifts. Have you tried doing front squats?
>>
File: 1543207273270.jpg (97 KB, 950x609)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>49094588
>catholic gf
99% of catholic girls are whores who wear yoga pants to mass, the other 1% are too pure to disgrace with even my mere gaze. if WW3/societal collapse doesn't hit by the time i' turn 30, i'm joining a monastery
>>
I’ve been on keto for a while and was 172lbs before cheating a couple days and climbing to 185. It’s been that way no matter what all through January (despite mixing fasting and 1500 cal days)

Switched over from keto to 150 protein/carbs (1700 calories) today and feel awful.

What do?
>>
>>49094791
How do you gain 13 lbs after 'a few days of cheat meals' ? Also 170 to 185 is a good range for a male, why drop lower?
>>
>>49094837
>why drop lower?

Because I still look like a melted candle (pic related is me) and have zero muscle. I can’t do 15 push ups.
>>
Anyone know some recipe books? I want some flavor to my food instead of the bland slop I cook for myself
>>
File: 1547050153503.jpg (26 KB, 300x333)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
Can I obtain this physique natty?
>>
>>49094791
>>49094837
>>49094876
Just wanted to mention I’m 5’10 at 18 years old. Should not be looking this way.
>>
>>49094876
Congrats on what I presume is significant weight loss. Looks like you have a ton of excess skin, start googling for ideas on how to get rid of it. Fortunately youre young so you got some time. Beyond that, consider trying to put on muscle mass to fill out your frame and pull your skin back. I wouldn't read into the fact that you can't do 15 pushups too much, especially if you just dropped to do them to test yourself, you need to warm up before exerting yourself.
>>
>>49094895
no
>>
>>49094885
Plenty of good foodie youtubers. Ask /ck/ maybe.
>>
>>49094895
Unlikely. For a start thats an extremely low bodyfat.
>>
>>49094976
Can I still lift and run and all that on a deficit close to my TDEE?

Not only can I not eat a lot, but I’m afraid of putting on ANY more fat for the rest of the year at least.
>>
>>49094918
Did you lose a lot of weight fairly recently? Excess skin removal surgery may unironically be your best option.
>>
>>49094791
>>49094876
You need to get rid of food and things at home that will tempt you to cheat meal. Get rid of processed foods, sugary shit, chocolate etc. and stop buying fast food.
From now on you can only eat food that have you cooked or vegetables.
You will be far less inclined to cheat if the process needed to do it. Going to a stor to get them will takes a lot of time/effort and will give you opportunities to steel your will against falling victim to the sugar jew.
>>
>>49094885
Google can pop out of hundreds of different recipes for any item of food, any time you want.
>>
>>49095022
I went to this from 330 in a little less than 1.5 years. I can’t even get my blood drawn or think about the fact that my brain runs down my backbone, or at all think about medical shit without passing out (Heard about mewing and passed out at work thinking about it)

Plus won’t that fuck me up and keep my skin from stretching if I put on weight again?
>>
>>49095027
Are cliff/protein bars okay?
>>
>>49095010
Yes, just make sure it doesn’t tempt you to eat more ex:
>”Oh I burnt 200 calories today, I guess I can afford to eat a tiny bit extra because of how good I did”
Do not allow this to happen, never ends well.
>>
>>49095062
That’s why I don’t plug exercise into MyFitnessPal. Slippery slope.
>>
>>49086506
I have this weird feeling that modern pornstars can bare handedly kill normal average males.
>>
>>49095058
Eh, wouldn’t recommend it. They’re overpriced, lot of quick burning carbs that will not leave you feeling full for long, and you don’t really need to focus on a significant protein diet atm.
Learn how to cook really simple (and cheap) shit: Rice, Chicken, Potatoes, Chile, Beans. Then you add in stuff like carrots, spices, cucumbers, jalapeños etc.
Also, use minimal butter and cheese on things you eat. Lot of fat people underestimate how much both of these can fuck you when you trying to limit calories.
>>
>>49094640
Should I do a warmup set before the compound exercises or is the logjt cardio enough (at least until I go beyond baby weight)?
>>
>>49095328
Always warmup set for deadlift, need to make sure your body is ready to go and lets you confirm your form is still good.

I also highly recommend some basic dynamics stretches, especially before working legs/back. And cooldown after legs/back by doing some static stretches. Foam rollers are fucking awesome btw, and can be used as both warm-up and cooldown stretches.
>>
Couldn't sleep tonight
How fucked are my gains?
>>
Started working out
Lost all urges to masturbate
this is normal right?
>>
why does my arm hurt?
>>
>>49094588
Catholic GF sounds perfect for me...
>>
Im skinny fat and I want to be bigger since I look way too skinny besides my tummy. Should I try to burn off the fat before trying to bulk or how should my diet be? Im 5'9 158 lbs and I've been doing 1:1 for protein and 50% carbs at 2300 calories per day
>>
How do I train upper body strength when I'm too poor for the gym? Should I accept my fate and do cardio forever?
>>
>>49096434
go to a park and do body weight exercises
>>
>>49096445
bodyweight exercises are useless and will neither give you strength nor big muscles
>>
I need max pump today. Would swimming ( cold water ) and sauna after lifting be bad for the pump?
>>
File: bradley.jpg (137 KB, 1068x566)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
I'm 6'2" 154 lbs

Bench 125 x 7
Deadlift 225 x 8
Squat 155 x 8

Am I novice? i started a few weeks ago.
>>
>>49096845
>Am I novice? i started a few weeks ago.
>>
File: IMG_2320.jpg (103 KB, 834x960)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
Why does my garmin say I burned 4300 calories today but my TDEE according to calculators is 2400 at sedentary? Which do I trust? I don't want to overeat, but I also don't want to be losing muscle mass if I don't have to.
>>
>>49097028
brazil?
>>
>>49096182
Might be DOMs or injury.
>>49096288
2 options
>1.You cut then bulk, you’ll look good quicker but strength gains will be slower
>2. You bulk then cut, and the reverse situation of #1 happens
>>49096845
Yes, and eat ffs
>>49096048
It’ll go back to normal soon enough, the power of homeostasis.
>>
>>49084272
Who here cuck?
>>
how can you tell if you've torn a bicep ? would it be obvious or could there be a less noticeable injury
>>
what are some lower body assistance exercises I can do with a barbell and power rack? I'm already doing front squats and hip thrusts on my squat and deadlift days but I want to push a little more.
>>
>>49097589
Rows, variations on the deadlift like the Jefferson, lunges, and you can mess around with Oly lifts (Clean & Jerk+ Snatch) to see if they interest you.
>>
Why and how does my weight change so much overnight? Yesterday 115,2 kg and today 116,6 kg
>>
>>49097780
water and shit. a gallon of water weighs about 8lbs. you have shit and whatever you ate still in your body. and presumably you're lifting so you're also gaining a little weight in muscle. if you want a really accurate gauge of your current weight, here's what to do
-avoid food water after noon the day before you weigh yourself
-shit, piss, and shower the day of.
-wait until around noon the day of to weigh yourself
-repeat once a week
this should give you an accurate representation of your current bodyweight and trends.
>>
I’m this guy

>>49094876

If I do the one punch man routine (minus the sit ups because I can’t do one, and doing the running on an elliptical) and eat 1500 calories a day, will I still burn fat no matter what I eat, or should I stick to 150g of carbs and protein?
>>
Is there any way to prolong the pump?

I was looking swole and veiny this morning but by the time I walk to my job, I'm back to normal. I want to impress the office cutie. What do?

>inb4 use good looks and charm
>>
>do bench press religiously. Form becomes immaculate, bench is my strongest lift at ~ 2.5 x bodyweight for 1rm
>stop lifting for 2 years
>get back in the gym about 4 months ago
>struggling to get my form right
>have to do like 95lbs for ~15 reps to warm up first otherwise form goes to dogshit with working weight
Is this normal? I have bad form reinforced but I'm getting better. Still not lifting very much and every time I lift heavy (less than 5 reps) I don't feel it in my pectorals. Wat do
>>
At what point should I look into getting a belt for squats? Right now I’m not that high (250 5x5) but I also generally like to err on the side of caution and don’t want to fuck my body up somehow
>>
How much does browning ground beef change the macros compared to the label? A significant amount of fat burns off doesn't it?
>>
>>49098350
Get one whenever they take a while to break in, and get used to so get it before you need it.
>>49098472
Yeah i guess you could capture the run off oil and measure it
>>
somehow my arm got thinner after i started lifting
>>
Not trolling, how do I stop crying so fucking much?
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (10 KB, 160x300)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
I'm looking for the holy grail of breakfasts:
>high protein
>medium/low calories
>tasty
>quick and easy to prepare
>optional: cheap

any suggestions?
>>
>>49097157

Pretty obvious. You'd be unable to lift nearly as much weight.
>>
>>49098610
eggs
>high protein
-Yup
>medium/low calories
-Nil carbs some fat so yup
>tasty
if you like eggs
>quick and easy to prepare
-obviously
>optional: cheap
fairly
>>
Coming off 150lbs of weight loss thru keto and fasting. looking to cut with carbs for the rest of the year at 1500 cals a day

Does it matter what I eat as long as I get 100g of protein a day?

>18 years old. 5’10. 183lbs.
>>
>>49098629
eggs are great but do you really have time to cook eggs every morning?
>>
does post-workout vaping affect gains or just make me a fag
>>
I'm taking any suggestions of what other heavy lifting can be done while doing clean and jerk. Danke.....
>>
>>49098739
yeah i have a full cooked breakfast everyday
>>
>>49098610
Greek yogurt with whatever you want in it. I use low fat yog (2% fat vs 9% protons) and a little honey or peanut butter if I want some calories.
>>
>>49098739
Eggs are fairly quick to cook breh. Scrambling is good, just let the pan get hot and scramble on low-medium heat, you get good scramble eggs every morning for like 5 minutes of time. Everything is doable really, except poached, that shit takes time/effort.
>>
>>49098769
Theoretically, you would be getting more post-workout protein, from all the cum you'll guzzle
>>
>>49099293
Good post.
>>
is it normal that my quads are the only muscles sore after squatting? or is that an indicator my technique is weak in some way
i mean sometimes i'm not sore but if anything hurts it's always my quads
>>
how do you have your porridge? personally I cant eat it unless it's like bread dough
>>
>>49098739
frying 4 eggs, two at a time, over easy takes easily less than 5 minutes
if you like the yolk solid it's like an extra 40 seconds total for the 4
>>
>>49098599
identify why are you crying, make that thing not be
>>
>>49094767
That's exactly right, when I squat my form is pretty bad and I end up tucking my lower back. I've also had some episodes where my squat at relatively low weights seems to be correlated to backpain. (Nothing crazy bad, just a discomfort)

I haven't tried front squats, would that be better for someone with poor flexibility?
>>
Which is better for calorie counting and improving my breathing/heartrate please

1 hour of cardio (i.e. cycling at 90-100RPM/12-15MPH)

or

5 minute warm up, 10 minutes HIIT, 10 minute cooldown
>>
>>49094703
i've only been lifting for a year, but i wanna opine that you should keep deadlifting because i think it could help the back pain. if you're curving your back and getting lower back pain after deadlifting, put your ego aside, lower the weight significantly and fix your form. i'm not old enough to have natural back pain but i haven't felt a sore back from sleeping or sitting weird since i started deadlifting consistently. good luck to ye
>>
Question for guys who followed SL5x5 progression scheme, do you remember at which weight you plateaued and went from 5x5 to 3x5?
>>
>>49085013
L-Arganine will make you super hard and significantly help with stamina.
Horny Goat Weed will help very slightly.
that's about it afaik unless you want to try actual psychoactive drugs which i really don't recommend
>>
File: 1412481378143.jpg (7 KB, 184x184)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
Is muscle memory real?
I'm back after a surgery, it's been like a year and a half since I stopped lifting and I hate the idea of having to work out for another entire year to get a decent body again.
>>
>>49100166
kind of but it's not whatever you think it is.
>>
>>49100030
LISS is better than HIIT for this purpose.

>>49099954
Overnight oats with milk and a banana, or cooked 5 minutes with milk, PB and a banana.

>>49099914
Doesn't mean anything in itself. Best way to check your form is to record yourself and post here.

>>49094885
Check out fitmencook, and this link https://imgur.com/a/5nbmA

>>49094022
Enjoy only doing jabs and straights...

>>49089093
Depends. It's the minimal stuff, but your body might need more.
>>
>>49100178
As far as I know, if you've been fit in the past it should be a little easier to get fit again after a long period of not training.
>>
>>49100232
yea, I wouldn't call that "muscle memory" though
>>
File: Moi.jpg (1.43 MB, 3016x2724)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
I look like the Globgoglabgalab. - 6'4'', 240lbs. Started working out last Saturday, and I'm following a push > pull > legs split. My daily caloric intake is currently at 2400kcal.

Should I eat more and focus on gains or should I consume less calories and focus on losing weight?
>>
Anyone else get raging hardon from watching your arm veins bulge when doing bicep curls?
>>
Are lat pull downs better than doing just regular pull ups? Why would I ever go on a lat pull down machine when I can do the exact same thing on a pull up bar? Also do you automatically set it to your body weight when you use the machine?
>>
How bad am I fucking my gains by running 4-5km right before lifting. Should I do one in the morning and one in the evening instead?
>>
I can only workout Thursday to Sunday
What routine should i follow
>>
>>49100744
Upper/Lower/Upper/Lower on those 4 days, see if you can handle lifting 4x in a row
if you can't due to age, poor genetics, physical demanding job or whatever then go for two full body, rest and another full body
>>
>>49100257
eat less. keep working out
>>
If you hurt yourself, should you take an entire day off to heal or just forgo that one specific area/work out?

I hurt my leg the other day, and I didn't do my run or squats or calf raises. I also didn't do the rest of the work out because I figured fuck it. I plan on making it up on Saturday though. My leg feels good today.

Next time, should I still do the rest of my stuff? Or just take the day off like I did?
>>
virgin here.
a girl that actually likes me will come to my place in a few hours. any pro tips?
>>
>>49100792
Thanks, Senpai. My friends told me otherwise, but I had an inkling they were wrong.
>>
If I take a vitamin E supplement today that gives me 200% RDA, will that carry over into tomorrow as well? Do I need to get 100% RDA vitamin E tomorrow or is it even required at all?

What determines what nutrient carries over into the next day if I take more than 100% RDA?
>>
>>49100864
Don't be a fag. Don't do stupid shit. Just play it simple and cool. Read the room and situation and play it that way. Ez money
>>
>>49100881
Your body gets rid of excessive nutrients. You can take that 200% and get your daily dose, but you're gonna piss or shit out the extra. So tomorrow you could still take the RDA or less and still be fine.

It's bad to take more than 100% RDA every day.
>>
>>49100915
>So tomorrow you could still take the RDA or less and still be fine.
>or less
So you're saying some of it does carry over?

>It's bad to take more than 100% RDA every day.
But I piss and shit out the extra.
>>
>>49100938
I'm just saying don't take 100-200% every day you jabroni
>>
what the FUCK do compression shorts do? i google it and it says it helps isolate muscles or some shit and improve blood flow....what the fuck is the practical use of these? do they really help working out or what?
>>
Do I have to lift 6 days a week to look aesthetic or can I get away with 4 days on upper lower split?
>>
Ive been on SS for 3 weeks now and 3x a week seems low. Should i just start going every other day, which adds up to 3.5x a week or will it backfire? My stats: OHP 40kg Bench 65kg squat 85kg DL 80kg(weak back)
>>
I can barely do 12 reps of lateral raises with 2kg dumbbells.
Are my shoulders abnormally weak or what?
>>
>>49101044
I go every other day and it seems good to me, I also do pull ups 3 x f, dumbbell bench/ohp 3 x 12 and curls 3 x 12
>>
>>49100257
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUUIfUR7qOg

Tip number seven around 12:50
>>
>>49101374
Thanks. My daily kcal consumption prior to the diet was in the mid 3000's. I drank at least 2l of coke a day (at least a thousand empty calories), and a shit diet in general. Myfitnesspal says I need to consume 2400 calories a day to lose a kg a week. Perhaps I should lower my kcal consumption further.
>>
>>49101428
Cont.

I've been watching his channel daily. Great stuff.
>>
what does 'mog' mean?
please and thank you
>>
>>49101428

Remember to set the limit where you'll be able to reach them. Getting in shape, eating properly and going to the gym is all about changing your lifestyle forever, and not only something you do temporarily, so it's alright to start off with small steps. Whatever size steps you take doesn't really matter in my eyes as long as they get you in the right direction. It sounds like you're off to a good start though by cutting away unnecessary sugars and keeping score of your calorie intake. You have plenty of excess fat so don't even think of bulking. If I was you, I'd eat at a calorie deficit while eating healthily as you already seem to do. Remember to do some cardio too around twice a week. Look up a good HIIT program if you're unsure.

And yeah, I really like his channel as well. He gets a lot of shit here on fit due to him not being lean but I think he's quite sensible in his way of thinking about gym stuff.
>>
>>49101044
it seems low because you've only been on it for 3 weeks and have very low numbers
if you actually stick at it for longer until it starts getting hard, you won't think it's not enough
>>
>>49101645
I will start going more often later on anyways though, right
>>
I'm trying to fix my shitty breakfast habits and I've been eating steel cut oats mixed with yogurt for some days now but it makes me feel overly full (which is bad in my case since I could afford to gain weight) and bloated, my heartbeat raises four about 1-2 hours after eating and even after taking my morning shit, I feel like I'm about to crap my pants all day long.

I've had similar experiences in the past: should I just give up on them?
>>
>>49101552
God bless you, anon.

I've tried working out before, but I wasn't internally motivated.

But now that I have lost everything (gf, dropped out of uni etc.), I've decided to permanently change my lifestyle for the better, and not be a coward. I feel like I am on the right path now. I look forward to going to the gym every day. I can honestly attribute my motivation to the literature of Ayn Rand. She told me uncomfortable truth that I had been in denial about for so long.

I do 10-15 minutes of cardio (walking at 6km/h at a 15% incline) before every session, so I should have that covered. The reason I asked about increasing my calorie consumption was because one of my friends said "bruv, you're a beast. Think of the muscle mass you could build".

I think Untamed Strength's ethos is good, as it promotes what I want. - Strength and confidence in your body instead of being aesthetic.
>>
>>49101717

I don't know whether it will help or not but you could try making a smoothie instead using: oats, peanutbutter, milk, banana, yoghurt and frozen berries. This way you can adjust the different ingredients so that it makes your stomach feel the best possible. It should take more than 5-7 minutes to make and you can drink/eat it in 5-7 minutes too if you're in a hurry. If you're not a morning person you can also make it the night before and put it in the fridge overnight.
>>
>>49101762

It seems you've thought it well through Anon. You're in the process of making it.

Keep it up!
>>
>>49101838
Thank you!
>>
>>49100979
Warms up muscles and helps with recovery.
>>
>>49101717
Cereal (Cheerios are a great brand for low sugar) with milk and honey.
>>
File: 391-4-1478998576.jpg (19 KB, 670x376)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
How long would it take to have Snake's body?
>>
Has anyone experienced genital discomfort after lifting? Yesterday I've squatted 120kg, most than I ever have, and today I feel like bulldozer ran over me but most worrying is that my genitals hurt slightly from time to time. It's not alarming pain but I feel it.
>>
>>49100864
Don't do anything stupid, like taking your clothes off while she's in the bathroom.

Don't sit opposite her, but next to her. Look into her eyes.

Don't drink too much alcohol.

If there's a moment when you're sitting right next to her, suddenly both stop talking and are staring into each other's eyes/mouth, go for the kiss. Don't grope her immediately (ie: don't go for her tits or ass), but instead pull her closer from her hips, and keep your hands there for a bit. I don't recommend touching her face with your hand, that only works in movies or when you're both really comfortable with each other.
>>
>>49102307
1-2 years if you eat well and train consistently
>>
>>49101488
what chad does to virgin
>>
>>49100257
How could you look at this and say "yeah I should bulk?"
If you're a beginner you can make gains while cutting. Also if you're obese (you are) you can make gains while cutting.
>>
>>49102371
>I don't recommend touching her face with your hand, that only works in movies or when you're both really comfortable with each other.
Idk about that man, that how I setup almost all my kisses. I brush her aside from her face with one hand and lean in, it becomes pretty much instinctual to kiss at that point.
>>
>>49102391
It wasn't my idea. My friend suggested it.
>>
>>49102417
Perhaps, but I wouldn't do it if it's your first time with a girl. I don't do it cos I can't control my hands well enough to not accidentally be too rough
>>
I've been getting much more deliberate about my protein intake lately, bumping up about 30g more a day than I previously was. Obviously the protein fats have been more frequent, as to be expected. But I also notice my piss has started becoming more pungent. Is that typical, or might it have more to do with just the specific foods themselves than a protein intake increase in general?
>>
Am I completely retarded, or am I doing Romanian deadlifts completely wrong? I can barely feel any strain on my hamstrings.

On that note, what are GOAT exercises for hamstring and glutes? (that are not squats/deadlifts, and they aren't goat anyways)
All I can find online is meme guides for women
>>
shoulder impingement here
only hurts when bench pressing and curling, is it safe to go to the gym and do some OHP, squats, barbell rows or should I just wait it out? been like 4 days since i've lifted and not being in the gym is killing me
>>
>>49102467
It means you're taking so much protein that you're pissing it out. It's good (in the sense that your body is never in need of protein), but could eventually lead to kidney problems. You should at least say how much is your total protein intake, rather than the increase.
>>
>>49102444
To each their own, I depend on this for one-night stands. It’s pretty much the non-verbal way to say “I’m gonna to kiss you right now, so close your eyes and lean in now.”
>>
>>49102469
I'm not a doctor but from my experience as long as movement doesn't cause pain it's fine. If it does cause pain you'll only make it worse and it will take longer time to heal
>>
>>49102469
I wouldn’t do OHP, and not sure about rows. But squats seem fine.
>>
>>49102492
I weigh 220 lbs, and am currently on average taking in roughly my bodyweight in grams of protein per day, sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less. As for my program, I'm in the final stages of SS (I've been stalling recently on most of my lifts other than bench and power clean), and will be switching to a PHUL program soon. I also do some cardio and rehab stuff throughout the week.
>>
>>49102469
Wait it out. Avoid arm exercises, only do lower body exercises that don't involve shoulder movement (like squats, deadlifts). Try out some arm stuff that doesn't hurt (perhaps rows, pullups), but avoid completely OHP, bench and other pressing exercises. Look up online exercises to help impingement
>>
>>49102522
What are your lifts? Are you fat, or DYEL?
Regardless, I still think 220g is too much protein for a novice lifter
>>
>>49102429
Your friend is an absolute retard and you should let him know that early and often.
>>
>>49102545
Fat, but my body composition has been improving noticeably.

Right now, these are my lifts in lbs (all 3x5 except DL, which is 1x5, as per the program)

DL: 285
Squat: 225
Bench: 155
OHP: 110

I'm just past the 2 month mark, and working with a lower back injury. Otherwise I think my squat and DL would be higher, but I'm being extremely cautious with my form when it comes to my lower back, while doing some accessories to help strengthen that area.
>>
>>49102585
Not that guy but I weigh 180 lbs, was 230 before, my lifts are fairly higher and I consume only 120-150g of protein.
I think you're over doing it.
>>
>>49102585
Correction: My OHP is actually 125 and my power clean is the one that's 110. I misread my chart. Today would also be exactly 2 months since I started on november 11th.
>>
I started PPL last September and have grown to it pretty well and modified it somewhat.
So would it be a good idea to keep the compound lifts (DL, bench, squat, OHP) moderately low rep and high weight, while keeping the "side"-excercises higher rep and moderate weight? (lat raises, facepulls, tricep pushdowns, curls..)
>>
>>49102585
Yep, you fell for the meme. Don't stop SS. In fact, you haven't started strength at all. You're allowed to switch after reaching 1/2/3/4, not half of that.

You're not stalling after failing to reach the 5 reps two workouts in a row, you're stalling after failing 5+ times in a row. Just keep at it.

You're eating too much protein. Perhaps workouts are not going so well because you're eating like shit. Perhaps you're not sleeping too well because you're eating like shit. These are more probable contributors to you failing your lifts, than because SS is not working.
>>
>>49102554
It worked for him, but it is indeed a retarded thing to say to someone with a BMI of 29
>>
>>49084272

try using a trap bar for ur deadlift until you can get it up. 40kg reps does nothing probably unless ur doing a shit ton if you can squat 75kg (which is not a lot either and you should be squattingmore unless ur a total skeleton)
>>
>>49102468
bump
>>
>>49102468

Lunges, hip thrusts, Bulgarian split squats.
>>
loike bro 40kg deadlift is like standing up
>>
>>49102672
Cut to like 200lbs while lifting, do SS or something similar, then decide if you want to bulk or keep cutting. You have enough calories stored on you in the form of fat that you can gain muscle mass while losing fat provided you keep your protein levels up. Plus you'll have newb gains. Make the most of those two facts by cutting and lifting now while you'll still benefit from your newb gains.
>>
>>49102725
thanks. what do lunges do exactly?
>>
>>49102629
How long have you been lifting?

I also actually do hope it's the case that I've been overdoing it, since it means I can loosen up my diet a bit. I was basing my macros off the TDEE chart, for what it's worth.

>>49102656
>5+ times in a row
Really? That seems like a lot, based on what I've read from places like articles printed on the SS site, which will say stuff like put yourself through a reset when needed, and when you stall after the reset then move on to some more advanced programming for a lift.

I am sleeping poorly, I know that much. It's a problem I've always had and have been trying to improve.

As for the numbers, it's been hard for me to judge what's "good" for any point in progress since you see such wildly different numbers from people getting off the program, with all different weights and ages.
>>
>>49102585
Dude 1g per lb of LEAN bodyweight. Why would your fat need protein?
>>
>>49102531
>>49102519
>>49102504
fug feels like im losing all gains though
just started making good progress, got 50kg 1x5 OHP at 60kg bw

At least I have an excusr to get drunk now I guess
>>
>>49102741
Look, I'm not trying to be mean here. Most beginner programs should be followed for at least 6 months to a year, not 2 months. Just because you're stalling, it does not mean the program is not working. If I slash both my achilles heels and start failing my squats, should I switch to a higher intensity program? No, I should get my heels taken care of and then continue.

Fix your outside problems so that you may fix your problems in the gym
>>
>>49102739

Lunges make you activate your core since your upper body will be static while getting work work on your hammies/quads/glutes done. Look up different ways of doing them and do the one applying to you the most. Add weight be using a barbell, sandbag, a pl8 or whatever you find appropriate.
>>
>>49102796
that is because you ARE going to lose gains. You brought this upon yourself. Doing the exercises wrong with heavy weight will take you two steps further but three behind.
>>
>>49102739
Lunges and bulgarian split squats will mostly work your glutes and quads. You also want to add Romanian deadlifts for maximising hamsting and glute activation. If you can't feel it in your hamstrings, work on shooting your hips back so it's almost like your head is going between your knees and keep the back straight.
>>
>>49102741
I started losing weight and going to gym almost 12 months ago but I only got on real barbell training about 7 months ago. An I also pretty much have same plan as you, I did SS 5x5 when I started with barbell and switched to PHUL 1.5 months ago.
PHUL has been great so far, I've modified it a bit.
For 2 months your lifts look way better than mine anyway
>>
Has anyone tried Slavic Swole option 2 routine? I want to try it but it has "8 days per week" concept that I don't know how to do.
>>
>>49102823
yeah I know, bad bench form fucked me over
I should still be able to get 100kg bench for 1 before the end of the year though I think, currently at 70 3 x 5 after 1 month of SS which combined with a good bit of manual labour is making my strengh progress rapidly

How long do you reckon it will take to heal? Will I be back in the gym before the end of the month?
>>
>>49102800
I don't think that's being mean. The problem is I hear so many different numbers and timeframes and whatnot about this. Like sometimes that you should only be on it for a few months, sometimes half a year, sometimes you should be eating crazy protein, sometimes cut it back, etc, etc.

And then there's weird stuff like my body weight actually going up despite not really eating that much, only about 2500 calories a day, since I'm starting pretty overweight.

>>49102833
Appreciate it. I know my lifts aren't particularly great relative to most lifters, but I do sometimes get people complimenting me at the gym who know my very brief lifting history. One guy the other day came up to me and said how impressed he was with my squat depth on my work sets. Which then made me wonder if maybe I was going too deep, since I'm just trying to break parallel, not go ass to grass.

I'm glad you are enjoying PHUL. What particular program have you been doing with it? Or at least whose version did you start with?
>>
I have a muscular imbalance in my lats after mostly barbell training for the past the 6 months or so. I've now added in dumbbell work but I really enjoy the barbell for rows... can I keep using the barbell and expect the balance to fix itself with the added dumbbell training?
>>
>>49102883
You can still go to the gym, just don't do any shoulder exercises. I would stop them for at LEAST a month, all while doing recovery exercises which you can google. After a month, I would try with light weight. If you can still feel some pain, then take another two weeks. Ad infinum
>>
>>49102941
Shoulder exercises don't hurt though, I tried a few reps of dumbbell shoulder press with 15kg today and it felt fine

Only flat bench and curls hurt. Might just go to the gym to do some cardio so I don't ruin my routine though, would hate to get lazy
>>
>>49102901
>And then there's weird stuff like my body weight actually going up despite not really eating that much, only about 2500 calories a day, since I'm starting pretty overweight.
It's either water weight (which should stop increasing after a week), or you're simply eating more than 2500 calories. I'd bet it's the latter.
Just in protein you are eating 880cal. If not all of it is whey (which still has carbs and fat), then since most foods have a lot more carbs/fat than protein, you're probably in the mid 3000s in terms of calories.
>>
>>49102972
Perhaps, but if you eventually go heavy on the shoulder presses, you might injure yourself since you can't have perfect form.

My obvious advice is that you should go to a doctor, and if you can't afford that, then a physiotherapist. One session can go a long way in diagnosing what you have and instructing you what to do.
>>
>>49102901
I've started with a basic template from here www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout
Removed incline dumbbell press from UP day and placed OHP right after bench.

But the biggest change I've made, that I wouldn't advise because I don't know if it was a good decision, is for lower split. I pretty much changes LP to squat day and LH to deadlift day because I wasn't feeling like doing heavy deadlifts after heavy squats.
>>
>>49103000
I'm pretty diligent about my tracking, but I suppose it is possible that some of my dishes have had more in them than I thought, at least when I am at a salad bar. For stuff I eat at home (which is definitely the majority) I make sure every label is scanned and everything else weighed out, and I try to be just a diligent when I grab something from the salad bar after my workout. Keep that pretty clean, too. Just greens, chicken breast, chickpeas, a small handful of croutons and some olive oil. Sometimes sprinkle some almonds in. But I can see how my tracking would have trouble being consistent there, since sometimes I'm more or less hungry.

>>49103023
When making the switch over, how did you go about working out the weights for things that you had before in SS but changed in set amounts in PHUL for the strength days, especially DL? Just dialed back a bit and see how it felt?

When I do eventually switch over, I might also have to figure out something to swap in place of bent over rows, due to my lower back issues, if they aren't improved by then.
>>
For about 2 weeks now I’ve been manually pushing my jaw forward a tiny bit so that both rows of teeth are parallel rather than with a slight overbite. The reason I do this is because it instantly turns my profile from incel to chad. But I’m scared that it might negatively impact my jaw in the long run. Is it safe to do this or can I potentially cause damage to my jaw?
>>
>>49103100
I'm not gonna call you a liar or anything. But you should know the simple rule: energy does not come from nowhere. Just as a side note: olive oil has 120 calories per tablespoon
>>
A month of rest didn't help my lower back pain from deadlifting. Took a month off of the gym around the same time as I hurt my lower back deadlifting, due to exams and Christmas and shit. Presumed the month off would make it heal. All was fine until yesterday when I was picking up something moderately heavy and the lower back pain came right back, and now its still here as bad as it was before the month off. Any advice?
>>
>>49103140
That is true about the olive oil. I usually don't put too much in, but I'll dial it back some more. I don't eat that every time I go to the gym, as a lot of times I'll get a small bowl of salmon, rice, and peas from a place right next to the gym, but it's something I'll make sure I'm more aware of. I definitely avoid any of the other dressings like the plague, too, except the rare time I swap it for some balsamic vinegar. Which I should probably do way more often, honestly.
>>
>>49103100
Shit I said SS 5x5, I meant SL 5x5. It was easy since PHUL shoots for 3-4 sets and I did 5. But I still deloaded about 10% when switching.
Since PHUL is in 3-4 sets range just deload a bit shoot for your regular 3 sets, see then how much you can do you 4th set. I view 4th set as "bonus" set anyway. Say you did 3x5 and then on 4th 3 reps, I would increase weight on next session.
And yes DL was was toughest to switch because instead of 1 working set you do 3-4, this is also one of the reasons why I moved it to separate day. You might have to deaload generously to let your body adapt.
>>
>>49103153
That seems pretty serious, I would get it checked out.
>>
>>49103153
Yes. Same thing happened to me. 2 things are
(probably) happening: You have a big imbalance between lower back strength and core/ab strength. You should (counterintuitively) do a lot of ab exercises, like dragonflies, hanging leg raises, cable crunches, etc. Second thing is you should be stretching out your back every day. You should do the following 4 exercises on a mat, holding 20 seconds the posture, repeating 3 times:

>on your knees and elbows, try pushing your lower back down and putting your ass out (kinda like the ideal doggy position) as hard as you can
>same position, but instead push your lower back up (not like cat-back). Focus on lifting your lower back, not upper)
>back on the floor, knees bent, push as hard as you can your lower back to the floor (imagine trying to crush a nut between your back and the floor)
>same position, now twist your legs to one side and your upper to the other, hold there
>>
>>49103201
Well, it's your life. If nothing else seems to work, I would try cardio to lose weight. At your weight, running a 5k (3.3 miles) would lose you around 600-650 calories

And what the fuck, i just had to fill 12 captchas to post this fucking post
>>
Guys what's the best thing to do for cardio that isn't swimming? I got no clean water around me for that and I really don't want to run because the risk of fucking up my knees and shins.

Is dancing good? If not what is? And finally is there some sort of scientific list for the best cardio excercises? Was really hoping there'd be something better than or equally as good as swimming

I want to do cardio more for my heart and body than cutting fat; take that from what you want
>>
>>49102735
Good advice. Thank you.
>>
>>49103350
Biking/Stationary bike/elliptical are all good forms of cardio with minimal knee impact
>>
>>49103289
Yeah sometimes captcha goes crazy like that.

As for cardio, I do a couple sessions of HIIT a week, not on lifting days, but I could definitely stand to do more. One of said sessions is quite long, but the other not so much, only about 10-20 minutes. One thing that has been nice is that despite putting on a few extra pounds (literally a few, like 3-5 over the last two months), I'm looking a lot better and my gut has been receding, while some of my muscles have actually started showing up, like my traps and triceps. But I know I've got a lot more bf% to go, and weight to go with it. Which means I have to take my cardio more seriously. My gym has a boxing cardio class run by one of the trainers who has been helping me out a lot, so I plan to start doing that.

>>49103221
Yeah I figured you meant SL.I'm not too worried about having to deload, as I know that's something you just gotta do sometimes, especially when switching to a new program. Having to temporarily lower numbers is a blow my ego can stand.
>>
>>49102735
How long do noob gains last? Or if it’s variable, how long is typical?
>>
>>49103450
Noob gains are good for the first 3-4 years of training. After that period it becomes a grind to gains lean body mass.
>>
>>49103450
Once you reach 1/2/3/4 you are out of noob gains. Then you are considered a low intermediate lifter
>>
>>49103732
>noob gains
>3 to 4 years
Haha what the fuck? Noob gains should only last like 6 months if you're actually increasing weight every workout

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.