[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 0.jpg (8 KB, 225x225)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
Yesterday I passed out in middle of workout.
>about to do last set of OHP
>use belt cuz had some back pain and also helps to stabilize core
>take bar into hands
>do the heimlich
>next thing I know I'm lying on the floor under my bench with my whole body shaking uncontrolably
>fortunately my bench was right behind me so I apparently hit my head on the bench first rather than straight on the concrete floor
>The plates had fallen from the other side of the bar so the bar probably flipped to the side rather than falling straight on me
>get to it, timer on phone shows I literally passed out for only a second or so
>big bump on back of my head, feeling a bit confused
>probably a concussion
>decide to fuck it, finish set without problem and proceed to finish workout as well without issues
>feel hung over for rest of day

Thankfully this happened at my garage-gym so no-one witnessed me spazzing out in public.

Anyone else had this happen to them? Post stories.
>>
>>48633694
Your belt was way too tight bro
>hitting squats last week
>singles at 95%
>followed by an amrap at 85%
Start seeing spots by last 3 reps, almost black out on last rep, left ear is muffled for like the next 5 minutes
>>
>>48633694
>be me testing my weighted chins 1rm
>using 40 lbs kettle bell
>go up, lose all vision, feel weightless like Jesus himself is helping me up
>go down
>let go of the bar, lie down because I have zero balance at this point
>finish rest of workout normal
>>
>>48633694
OHP is a bitch to do in higher reps. As soon as I feel like pressure in head is rising and I'm not breathing properly, I just give up on that set.
>>
>>48633709
Yeah, it probably was, had puller it one tighter than I usually do for squats as it felt loose while standing straight I suspect that it was partly due to low blood sugar as well, had eaten only a small lunch.

I've felt lightheaded before so I wasn't that worried about it. In hindsight, I probably should've been more careful about the concussion though.

>>48633746
Yeah, I have no recollection of how many reps I did if I did any before passing out. I have a feeling I did maybe one or two but it's all really fucking fuzzy.
>>
>>48633694
>Thankfully this happened at my garage-gym so no-one witnessed me spazzing out in public.
What mode of insecurity is this and is it achievable naturally?
>>
>>48633694
>wearing belt because back pain

Stopped reading right there. Learn how to fucking brace retard.
>>
>>48633694
Never passed out, but one time I went ass to grass on the last rep of a set of squats and held a huge breath of air in my mouth as I went up and the pressure it caused in my head felt like I caused a huge fucking hemorrhage in my brain. I literally thought that I might possibly die and was looking around the gym to see if people were looking at me funny to gauge how deathly I looked. Ended up finishing the rest of my workout without dying but, for a few weeks after that, whenever I went heavy of a compound lift I would get huge migraines that lasted minutes at a time. That was a while ago now and I haven't had any issues since but fuck me lads do not hold your fucking breath in your mouth while you lift.
>>
This sometimes happens to me if I brace and hold my breath too long before starting my OHP work set. Last time this happened, I felt lightheaded and tingly everywhere. My legs were jello but I managed to rerack the weight. I felt high for like 5 seconds.
>>
Your brain is not getting enough oxygen my dude
>>
>They don't regularly pass out while lifting for that amazing high and near death experience
>>
>>48634072
>wanting to cause a commotion in a public place

>>48634108
Nigga I've slipped a disc before and it never heals properly. You gotta watch that shit for the rest of your life.
>>
>>48634108
>the tough /fit/izen who has been doing SL for 3 months
>knows everyones medical history and berates them for using safety equipment

honestly based
>>
>>48633730
damn that sounds euphoric
>>
>>48634712
>tfw normies don't know the feels of deathlifts
>>
>>48634712

wh.....what
>>
>>48633694

hearth problems all of you on this thread who passed out while lifting go check your myocardio
>>
>>48633694
>literally pass out during your workout
>keep going
retarded shit like this is how you hurt yourself. then three months later when your back/knees/all joints are fucked you come cry on /fit/.
>>
>>48636266

this passing out while lifting is something to worry about
>>
It's normal to sometimes get light headed or even passing out when going very hard. So long as it doesn't happen like clockwork or when you're not exerting yourself extremely, you don't need to worry.
>>
>>48636448

its not normal faggot,its called having a weak hearth
>>
>>48633694
>my brain got so deprived of oxygenated blood that it decided to shut down even though I was holding a large amount of weight over my head
>still continue my workout with a possible blunt force brain injury
>decide to post the story on a bulgarian bellybutton lint discussion forum rather than going to the doctor

You're retarded. I'm a medical student and let me tell you about a case I've seen not so long ago
>30-something yr old woman goes to visit her friends' house
>she rings the doorbell a few times, they're not home
>she takes a few steps back to peer through their window
>slips and falls backwards and bonks her head on the concreet, passes out for a few minutes
>goes home, starts seeing loss of concentration in the next few days
>goes to the doc, they want her to stay in the hospital for observation
>lady goes home because she's a retard like you
>her job is a school teacher, has to start preparing curriculums soon
>can't because loss of focus
>can't keep her shit together during class
>goes on rehabilitation because her loss of focus is so bad she can't work
>the doctors find out she has severe brain trauma
>she is now retired at 30 because she can't work

Go to the doctor after any brain injury you imbecils.
>>
File: hearth.jpg (36 KB, 1000x563)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>48636530
>a weak hearth
My hearth is literally blazing strong.
>>
>>48636539

this

>>48636547

having a good cardio doesnt mean you have a strong hearth, you never know how strong is your heart untill you get a heart arrest, you smoke for 40 years or you are in your 100 year old

cardio is good for your hearth but its nothing but conditioning

your hearth is not as strong as you think, that means take care of yourself when lifting heavy
>>
>>48636547
>>
>>48636658
>not-getting-the-joke.exe
>>
>>48636686

sorry man its a fitness related board not a nerd board
>>
>>48636713
you're sorely mistaken, this is a grade A korean basket-weaving forum for onions nerds
>>
>>48636539
you seem like a big stinky pussy
>>
>>48636539
M2 here, post coat.
>>
>tfw blacking out when bench pressing

I like to live on the wild side
>>
File: 1543659950942.png (1.42 MB, 750x1334)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
Imagine being so retarded that you forget to breathe while holding 100+lbs over your head.

You deserve to die.
>>
>>48636865
>t. sub 1 plate squat
>>
File: Hmmm.jpg (69 KB, 765x1024)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
Does having a seizure after finishing up deadlifts count as passing out?
>>
File: crossfit_problem.jpg (32 KB, 377x394)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>48633694
>probably a concussion
>decide to fuck it, finish set without problem and proceed to finish workout as well without issues
>>
>>48633694
I get tunnel vision, lose balance, and get light headed after every set of deadlifts. Its got to the point where I will lift next to something I can lean against after the set until I recover. I feel fine during the lifts. I just assumed that it was blood rushing to my head after the pressure is released.
>>
Almost passed out during front squats cause the bar was pressing against my throat. It was kinda nice
>>
>>48634712
It happened to me once when I stoop up fast and didn't catch the breath, the next thing I remember is shaking my head against the floor, the whole thing felt refreshing, like a harmonic peace after lsd trip
>>
>finish deadlifts
>decide to do some static holds
>do valsalva maneuver
>end up holding breath for ~15 seconds with loaded barbell in hands
>lower barbell
>pass out
>>
>>48634712
Deathlifts will always be supreme
>>
>>48636114
yeah it kinda was
>>
>>48636266
>>48636530
my hearth is made of reinforced refractory stone cement. its fucking fine
>>
>>48633694
I nearly always pass out when maxing on OHP when I hold my breath too early. Kinda got used it by now.
>One time max out on OHP off pins (nose level)
>Finish the rep
>Start to see stars and black spots
>Grab on the barbell for dear life so I won't fall down
>Had to just stand there for 20 seconds and look on the ground so I wouldn't die

4/5 was a solid experience
>>
>>48635063
>>48636070
That's not what a belt is for you stupid fucking DYELs. It's to give your abs something to push against while bracing to create intrabdominal pressure, keeping your torso more rigid during heavy lifts. It's not to help with back pain, or keep you from getting a hernia or slipped disc. Lift for more than a year before posting
>>
File: 1543350224562.jpg (12 KB, 204x202)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>48636658
>>
>>48638279
Nigger, why do you think you are creating the pressure in your abs in the first place? It's meant to stabilize your core so your spine stays neutral, ie doesn't bend, ie doesn't give you a fucking spinal hernia. You can do it with just bracing your abs, but you will always get a better pressure with a belt, ie protect your spine better. I don't use a belt because I think it helps my back, it literally makes my back NOT HURT while I lift. So how about you research your shit before posting.
>>
>>48637401
>he doesn't erotically asphyxiate while liftan to maximize T levels
>>
File: 1470564162483.png (688 KB, 1292x854)
688 KB
688 KB PNG
>>48633694
>Thankfully this happened at my garage-gym so no-one witnessed me spazzing out in public.
>>
File: 1400447118283.jpg (34 KB, 413x395)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>48633694
>do the heimlich
>>
>>48636114
only in this moment
>>
>>48636539
What can doctors even do in that case?
>>
>>48639506
It doesn't protect your back you moron, it just makes it so you can lift more because it keeps your torso rigid.
t. Reps your max with and without a belt
>>
File: 1519430007117.gif (1.78 MB, 400x279)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB GIF
>>48636539
this scared me, thanks.
>>
>>48633730
This always happens on my last rep of heavy weighted chins. The other day, I did 60 1x5. The 4th rep was really hard, but on the 5th, I pulled about half way, then sort of levitated up
>>
>>48636539
What a horrible story
>>
>>48633694
Sounds like low blood pressure are you cutting?
Ive heard of that happening on deads but never ohp. See a doctor tho, and dont use a belt if youre hurting, lower the weight and go raw
>>
>>48634135
>do not hold your fucking breath in your mouth
what is valsalva
>>
>>48642437
You are better off holding your breath with the pressure against your glottis which you close and hold tight. Letting the air past the glottis and then trying to hold it causes pressure fluctuation in the Eustachian tubes, which can cause a number of issues, most immediate of which might be dizziness/disorientation or possibly nausea (as a result of the dizziness/disorientation), and doing this regularly with high pressure is likely to increase the risk of resulting in injury.

In other words, hold your breath in with your glottis, not your mouth.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.