[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: IMG_20190708_175202.jpg (1.48 MB, 3264x2448)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB JPG
could i just use olive oil for shoe shinning or should i get real shoe shine equipment or go to a shoe shiner?
>>
>>14474010
Vaseline
>>
>>14474010
Just use Crisco. It works just as well and gives it a good finish. You can get a mirror finish with it if you want
>>
>>14474477
This sounds like a meme
>>
>>14474485
Don't knock it until you've tried it
>>
>>14474010
>shining shoes
>>
just be old school and use kiwi shoe polish and cotton balls. Spit shine is a real thing
>>tfw navy
>>
>>14474582
Got four pairs of Allen Edmonds, all ranging from 6 months to 40 years and I kept up on these shoes with kiwi polish and small dabs of water (or spit). These shoes outlast any shitty China garbage today. Buy American and treat it right
>>
>>14474010
Make sure these are real leather uppers. The fakes fall apart after a year of daily use.
>>
>>14474636
amen.
>>
>>14474010
get a nigger to do it like the old days
>>
>>14474636
>he doesn't know
Allen Edmonds was sold a few years back and they're a shell of the company they used to be. It's actually pretty sad to see as they are/were an iconic American brand that had a reputation. I wouldn't buy them now even if they were on sale. I have two pairs with issues and I've learned my lesson.
>>
>>14474699
I just received a pair of AE boots that don’t seem to show any problems. I did notice that the leather dye they added was after they sewed the wingtip portions on, which I find pretty strange and certainly doesn’t look ideal.
The oldest pair are wing tips as well but they are literally the comfiest shoes I have. The inners are also smooth leather that feel extremely good on my feet.
Tbh those boots I have aren’t the comfiest and I’ve been breaking them in for six months now
>>
>>14474699
Also, I didn’t know they were bought out and sold recently. It’s saddening to hear but as of now with my boots, it all seems pretty standard. I just love finding these gems in Goodwill at low costs, then going home to dress the soles and shine them juuuuust right.
Thanks for the info
>>
>>14474711
>>14474716
The most blatant change since the sale has been the complete lack of quality control. AE is sending out products that seem like they haven't even been looked at, just boxed up and sent out. I have two pairs with issues. The first pair has spots on the uppers and some miscoloration. There is also some sloppy stitching on the welt. I figured this was a fluke and I must have just gotten a bad pair. And besides, none of those things were deal breakers, I actually wore those shoes for my wedding.
Then I ordered another pair some time later and lo and behold, more quality control issues. Spots on the upper, loose threads, etc. So I did some more research, found out about the sale and read reviews to find out that this kinda stuff is pretty much standard for AE now.
Like I said, it's sad to see what happened to them. AE used to be the standard for affordable quality American made dress shoes.
I wouldn't buy them even at <50% off.
>>
>>14474010
Get Renapur Leather Balsam
>>
Everyone has these
>>
>>14474010
You can use baby oil for patent leather.
>>14474765
>>14474711
>>14474699
Confirmed. I wouldn't buy AE on sale either. Carmina, Cheaney etc. are a million times better, or accordingly, a tad better than former AE.
>>
File: download.jpg (15 KB, 300x300)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>14474010
Nice. A little kiwi and an old rag.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.