[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

I'm looking for a boot that is comfy and wont cause the bottom of my feet to get sore after wearing it for a while. I've worn some red wings for about 1.5 years, but I cant get over how solid the soles are even after this long. Feels like I'm stomping on hard floor. Brand selection would help, but something with laces. Just something casual to wear out.
>>
>>14094045
Looks like you might already have your answer. I have a pair of captains in black and they just work. They are a little dressy though.

I've gotten a ton of use out of the Teva Durban Tall...lower quality boot, but also only like $100-$120....Really good bang for your buck. Nice durable, comfy boot. Keeps water out fairly well too, for a zip up boot. Its easy to put on so I wear it all the time for casual wear. If you need to dress it up, you can put some Chamberlain's Leather Honey on it and it will look a little shinier for about a day or so.
>>
File: o9ozhc719mf21.jpg (180 KB, 1100x1100)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
Nothing beats ath-leisure. it's techwear I think.
>>
>>14094045
White's MPs. They have this specially designed arch support system that makes them super comfortable unlike any boot I've encountered before. I wear mine for 12 hours at a time and feel fine
>>
>>14094045
Redwings are literal shit tier. Good that you finally realized that first hand
>>
File: IMG_323.jpg (1.08 MB, 2377x3171)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
can i get a fit check on these badboys? they are new.
>>
>>14094079
I have never seen a more ignorant post here.
Red Wings are as famous and popular as they are for a reason
>>
>>14094118
Don't be so salty because you fell for this shit tier meme brand fella....
>>
>>14094102
yikes
>>
File: imgur22.jpg (866 KB, 2419x3226)
866 KB
866 KB JPG
>>14094118
Only an absolute fool would say something like that. Don't pay it any mind. Redwings are timeless and classic. As american apple pie.
>>
>>14094121
I wear Red Wings, White's, AEs and gonna get some Aldens soon.
Red Wing is good at what it does and for a beginner boot it's about as good as you can get.

Fuck off since all you want to do is spout memes about stuff you don't know anything about
>>
>>14094102
These look terrible
>>
>>14094045
you want this https://gea-waldviertler.at/shop/jaga-flex.html
>>
File: HONK HONK.jpg (8 KB, 226x223)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>14094102

*HONK*
*HONK*
*HOOOOONK*

I have an announcement everybody!!!! *HONK* Everybody, I have an announcement!!!!! *HONK* *HONK*

I have an announcement everybody!!!! *HONK* Everybody, I have an announcement!!!!! *HONK HONK*

*blows up balloon and makes a balloon dog* This announcement is gonna be monumental!!!!!!

*sprays water from fake flower* The biggest *slaps you with rubber chicken* most amazing announcement *pulls string and bowtie spins like a fan* you'll ever hear in your life!!!!!!!!! *HONK HONK*

Get ready, for *takes off size 30 shoe, inflating a giant balloon hammer, then whacks you with it* the announcement *starts pulling line of multi-colored cloth from throat* to end all announcements!!!!!!!! *HONK HONK HONK*

Here, just lean your head in closer to this sack of announcements and you'll hear it!!!!!!!

Closer...

Clooooosssseerrrr...

*HOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNKKKKKKKK*
*presses a coconut pie into your face*

THESE ARE CLOWN BOOTS!

And that's it!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>14094181
these are the people that give you fashion advice.
>>
>>14094045

Hello, I've been wearing fashion faggot boots for about a decade now and here's my overview and pick for most comfortable of the ones I've tried.

>Redwings (Iron Rangers and Beckmans)

Not comfortable. Can get more comfy with thick socks and long break-in, but I find that their shape (Super narrow in the middle of the foot, but very roomy toebox) makes for an awkward fit on the foot that never feels right.

>Wolverine 1K Miles

Less comfortable than Redwings. Harder to walk with because of the slippery leather sole. Worse quality leather, worse QC, higher pricetag, fiberboard insole, why does anyone even recommend these.

>Thurdsay Boots

More comfortable than the two previous options, and more comfortable than Chippewa's standard offering. But the quality isn't that great considering it's the same price as Chippewas.

>Chippewa Boots

So this is where it gets confusing. Chippewa makes a cheapass boot that is sold by LL Bean but that's not what I'm talking about. They make a more upscale "Service boot" that is significantly better quality, and more comfortable. What nobody will tell you though is that the wedge-sole variation of this boot has a different insole and is by far the most comfortable of any of the "heritage" boots on this list. Pic related.

>Timbs

So these aren't heritage boots but they're timbs. They are more comfortable than any of these options. Yeah the quality is worse and they aren't goodyear welt, but you aren't going to ever resole your boots anyways so don't fucking worry about it. If you really just want comfortable boots buy timbs.
>>
>>14094102

These look dumb with what you're wearing, you need fuller cut pants and a style that has more rough, neppy, slubby textured clothing to make these look good. Those are clearly supposed to be paired with visvim or something, not fucking dress slacks a dress shirt and a goddamn ugly ass harrington jacket.
>>
>>14094415
Whats wrong with the jacket?
>>
Have you tried inserts, op?
>>
>>14094207

*HOOOOONK*
>>
>>14094409
As a small follow up LL Bean has a very generous lifetime warranty (unless it's changed). If you're the kind of person who won't take care of their boots LL Bean Chippewa boots may be a good option.
>>
Alden Indy boots. They are technically a orthopedic boot. I’ve worn mine for 12+ hours straight multiple days in a row walking all over the Vegas strip. No blisters and no pain.
>>
>>14096123
What leather are those made of? I like the color
>>
Thoroughgoods are comfy
>>
>>14096352
Horween chromexcel
>>
>>14096352
>>14096417
The darker colored Indy’s are chromexcel. The standard 405s are a vegetable tanned calf and are really orange out of the box.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.