[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: fla3.jpg (913 KB, 2880x3998)
913 KB
913 KB JPG
>slim fit
>skinny fit
>tapered fit

Why is modern clothing so garbage?
>>
It's great if you aren't a fat fuck and have an actual figure worth showing off.
>>
>>13903683
Drop crotch usually what I am dressed innnnn
>>
you can buy whatever pants you want dumbass
btw I wouldn’t consider what the majority of people wear as fashion
for example, how many people on this website do you see wearing ultra boosts? they’re still a popular shoe but they’re not fashionable by any means
>>
>>13903761
Ultraboosts don't have a bad silhouette or anything, but at this point the expensive and sought after colorways are heavily associated with ugly hypebeast fits, and the more common colorways have gone the route of Roshes or any other basic trainer that are worn by people with no fashion sense
>>
>>13903739
Or, you know, if you actually squat even remotely heavy. Seriously it's so fuckin annoying having to buy my pants upsized to fit my quads and shit. That's why most of the time I just go around wearing baggy-ass cargo pants.
>>
>>13904318
You have to be mentally incompetent if you don't know how to wear form fitting clothing
>>
>>13903683
yeah as everyone knows bell bottoms are the superior pant
>>
>>13903683
Because you're fat.
>>
>>13904318

Ifbb competitors wear well fitting pants easily. If your quads are """"too big"""" it's because you're literally a fat fuck. Also considering you're trying to brag like it's a good thing tells me you're 16%+ bf sitting at like 220 lb and think you're strong for squatting 315

Hard cringe, lose weight fatty
>>
>>13904848
groovy
>>
>>13904850
i hate people like you. you're so dumb. why are you even here?
>>
>>13904856
>never worked out a day in his life
>>
eat less food
>>
>>13903683
sorry for being a tard but can someone explain the difference between slim and tapered
>>
>>13905211
Slim are slim all the way down, tapered are more relaxed around the ass and thighs without being billowy on your calves and at the bottom
>>
>>13904877

355 front squat 485 deadlift 175 lb

Kill yourself shit genetic obese faggot
>>
>>13905370
How tall are you?
>>
>>13905381

5'11
>>
please dont fall for the regular fit meme

unless youre muscular, it will ruin your silhouette
>>
>>13905389
not being muscular means having a shit shilouette by default though, if you are male
>>
They are for different body shapes so people can properly show off the butt and legs, be thankful not angry.
>>
>>13905398
no, height face frame
>>
>>13905370
>175
dude you’re a twig and even a 190 non litter would mog you in clothes what are you talking about
>>
>>13905370
>>13905382
Buttmad manlet detected.
>>
File: alice.png (380 KB, 415x581)
380 KB
380 KB PNG
I keep seeing these /fit/ threads, and I would like to engage my lifting coposters in a nonhostile dialogue. Why should I, a 6ft 145lb non-lifter, seek to flesh out my physique?

Let me save you some time with your stock answers, however.
>Confidence
Already have it. I've always known myself to be excellent, and I find it curious that people are capable of loathing themselves and are unable to believe in their own abilities.
>Respect from peers
Already get it. Confidence and an internal locus of control are key to this.
>Female attention
Again, already get it. The amount that I already get is annoying. Tired of getting creeped on by randoms, tired of worrying about whether an infatuated female friend is going to fuck things up. Especially tired of girls thinking I'm down to fuck up their existing relationship (and even more offensively that I would stick around to the same treatment)
>Regular exercise
Already do it without the goal of adding mass.
>Good mood
I'm not a broke brain in the first place, also this is more derivative of all of these other effects.
>Better ability to defend yourself
You don't know how to fight, don't even fucking kid yourself. To clarify, you can rely on mass until you can't, and you get dropped on the pavement by someone half your size.

With these clarified, I am now open to listening to any other reasons. I am also open to being called a cringe beta DYEL coping cuck manlet sœy bœy and all the other stabdard euphemisms for "bad, no like", but I want you to consider if that will truly change any minds.
>>
>>13905766
>6ft 145lb

isnt that, like, really skelly
>>
>>13905773
It would depend on who you asked. I'm not medically underweight, but I am pretty skinny and I don't nessecarily have a low amount of body fat. I would personally say somewhere between regular skelly and ottermode, but I can see some people saying I look downright anorexic.
>>
>>13903751
I dont even know if youre being ironic or not
>>
File: n0jf1119dir11.jpg (18 KB, 240x260)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>13903751
>>
>>13905370
>175
An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds lean

Oh wait, you're a manlet.
>>
>>13905766
You can always develop confidence even further.

Lifting weights will develop muscle, strengthen bones and tendons and will help a lot for quality of life right now and later on as long as you aren’t autistic about it. There are plenty of other internal health benefits from strength training which can’t be gained from regular exercise without adding mass. I’d look into some Greg Nuckols material because the range of qualities that strength training can improve is tremendous. Maybe it’s not important to you now but for something that takes so little time, I’d really hate to regret that I chose to do nothing in the future.

At 6ft 145 and a non-lifter, it’s probably true that you could gain a lot of long term health benefits from a few hours of strength training per week, I mean that’s quite underweight as it is anyway.

Another thing is that lifting weights does develop mental grit to a point, not in a cringe beastmode way but through your mental ability to endure discomfort. I’d see this as a positive but you may hold no value to this personal quality.
>>
>>13905811
200 pounds lean, lol unless you're 6'6 what you just said is delusional fat manlet cope
>>
>>13905766
I mean to be honest man it sounds like you got a lot going for you I doubt anyone will convince you to lift if you're not interested in it.

In my case I was about 15 when I started lifting because I wanted to get some attention from the girls but since then I've just come to enjoy going to the gym for the sake of going to the gym. It's just a hobby and time to get away from the world.

I think its important for people to have hobbies regardless of what they are and for a lot lifting is a good hobby that also has a bunch of beneficial side effects; strength, size, confidence, mood stabilization, sleep ect.

At 6ft 145 if you started lifting you wouldn't get huge but you'll definitely see great strength improvements and general improvement in your physique im sure - which is just enjoyable in itself even if it doesn't bring any extrinsic reward.
>>
>>13903683
>athletic fit
>assumes you have twig calves
Yeah it sucks if you do legs at all. I have to upsize and alter, or just go for a relaxed fit.
>>
>>13905816
Not neccessarily, there is a point where confidence crosses into arrogance and in my experience it is far more important to reflect on how to properly apply confidence and avoid overconfidence.

I should note that I do not lift weights, but this does not preclude that I have no upper body strength. I do exercise all muscles in my body in some manner or another, and many of my hobbies involve working with my hands. Additionally, I would say men who disregard cardio in favor of a total regime of weight training (a trap I keep seeing people fall into) have far more long term health benefits to gain from picking up cardio, than I do from engaging in a more serious form of strength training.

Additionally, I'm curious as to what you are qualifying as underweight. Just genuine curiosity, not looking to argue about it because I certainly know I'm sitting pretty low on the weight scale.

As for mental grit, I'm plenty alright on that front. From many different sources and in many different ways, but I'm curious why you don't believe you can gain this from a proper cardio regime?
>>
>>13905852
That is of course an important factor to consider. Passion and desire to reach a goal are of thr utmost importance to actually achieve anything. I am simply curious as to whether or not I might have missed something, I do not know everything there is to know. Additionally, I thought I would offer a platform for /fit/izens to make their case in a reasonable manner, as doing so is far more likely to get anons on the fence to see your side of things vs just two sides insulting each other until the thread dies.
>>
>>13905890
I suggest reading material from the author provided but you can do both, you should strength train and do cardio both of these develop different qualities and provide different benefits. I’ve been doing both for many years, it’s not black and white.

I know that you have little upper body strength for the simple fact that you are 145lbs at 6ft tall and do not strength train and really you don’t have enough serious experience to compare the two, but just doing one thing as implied by your post is a terrible idea and the dunning-kruger effect is noticeable as nobody with experience in both would see it as a one or the other decision.

Strength is a very general physical quality which is highly transferable and is simply built by progressively increasing your ability to produce force to over time. The working with your hands will not really do much to benefit you anywhere near as effectively as training would.

There are conflicting sources for a solid number but most official figures you can find would suggest that ideal would be atleast 10lbs more, can be found pretty easily online.

Again, you can gain this from cardio but there’s a difference in prolonged less intense effort and shorter bursts of higher maximal effort as in strength training, develop different physical and mental qualities.

tldr: do both for more benefit
>>
>>13905952
I will look into him, thank you for the recommendation.

The issue that I take with the assertion that I lack upper body strength is that in all practical applications I haven't experienced frustration with a deficit of upper body strength. Handling construction materials (IE an 80lb bag of concrete, a bundle of shingles, etc. NOT a box of screws), moving furniture, taking apart an appliance/scrapyard car for parts. Some of these examples are semi infrequent, but I have never felt they were particularly difficult things to do. I am frankly unsure of any practical applications in my life that greater strength training will offer when I've never had a moment where I was thinking any of the above examples were especially difficult. Moreover, I'm not sure I understand the importance of strength that has no practical application (within my own life) and is only pertinant and measurable in the realm of more focused strength training.

I do not mean to imply that this is an explicitly one or the other choice, and I apologize if you thought I implied that.

I suppose that this definition isn't particularly helpful to what I wanted to know. What is "ideal" in this instance? Ideal for what? I would assume you are talking about ideal to health seems a bit arbitrary when you take into account the heterogenous biological tolerances that differ in various ways.

I am curious what's the most intense cardio workout you've engaged in? It can be very easy to hit the upper limit of the amount of strain your acetylcholine receptors will allow. The first time I ran 12 consecutive miles with each sitting around 7 minutes, I suffered for about 2 weeks after the fact and around mile 9 it was one of the most excruciating experiences I have ever had. Off the top of my head, the only experiences I've had with greater physical discomfort were the cluster headaches I used to suffer from as a child.
>>
>>13905811
what?
>>
>>13905382
Bretty good.
>>
>>13905811
>200 lbs is minimum to be a man
I hate this meme.
>>
>>13905849
6'2" can reach 200lbs lean after a year or two of training. He would still look skinny.
>>
>>13905766
resistance exercise provides different health benefits than cardio. Also it just rly fucking feels good to be strong
>>
>>13903683
Are you aware of the fact that you are free to wear what you want?
>>
>>13905766
Being strong is fucking fun. It's fun having big muscles and reaping the benefits. You'll never experience this and will grow old never seeing the potential of your body realized. Socrates talked about this but I guess you think you're smarter than him.
>>
>>13906212
Ignoring that individual human experiences aren't homogenous sequences where what one considers fun, another might not...
There are more fun things in this life than you will ever get the chance to experience. Part of growing up is realizing this and reflecting on yourself to determine which ones matter most to you. There are many things that I can do that I can be certain you cannot. Do you think that on your deathbed you will reflect and regret your inability to live up to your potential in any of these things?

I don't think you will. So, with this in mind, do you see perhaps that I do not particularly care about living up to this potential? I'm of the philisophical slant that what will be, will be; or more to the point, I practice patience and acceptance with how things turn out, and live to my truest nature. I cannot in good faith say that being any larger would align with that nature.

And finally, a small proposition to chew on: If the desire to reach a goal is non-existant, was there ever any real potential to achieve that goal in the first place?
>>
>>13906083
>>13905811
actual retard alert, god you're worst than the newfags on /fit/

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.