[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 33 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Ok anons. I'm sure this has been posted before but I'm gonna ask it anyway. I live in a small neighborhood. Its gated with about 15 houses. Its mostly olds and a few college aged kids. All these fuckers got dogs - big dogs, little dogs, yappy dogs, etc.

All fucking kinds. I have a small patch of grass between my driveway and a concrete pad (for extra parking) in front of my house. It's about 4x10ft. And goddammit these fuckers seem to be shitting exclusively in that patch. It's clearly different dogs doing it too. It usually happens when I'm gone to work or out of town when the owners know they can get away with it (small community).

I've been removing the poop and placing it neatly in the road so it's very clear that I am noticing and am wanting all the other neighbors to notice too - so it cant be ignored. I'm getting a camera set up but in the meantime what can I do to:

a) take some stealthy non-lethal revenge
b) deter these fucking dogs from even coming near my house let alone the grass

Inb4 hurrdurr shotgun
>>
hurrdurr shotgun
>>
hurrdurr shotgun
>>
>>1680974
Install camera
Find who shits
Find their house
Take their shit and smear it around door knobs and windows.
>>
>>1681020
Oh, and their car.
Don't worry, you may help with shit too
>>
>>1681020
We have a bulletin board in the neighborhood that I was going to post the culprits' pictures on once I get the camera set up.

I've had cayenne pepper suggested and buck urine too (although I cant imagine that would be helpful)
>>
>>1681004

>>1681000
Hurrdurr thanks for the bamp
>>
>>1681024
>I've had cayenne pepper suggested and buck urine too (although I cant imagine that would be helpful)
Nah, unless owners step in their shit, it won't help
>>
Spray your patch of grass with a solution or just rip it the fuck out.
That's what folks around me are doing.
>>
>>1681071
>Spray your patch of grass with a solution
not op but i have cats who constantly shit in my garden. what is this solution you speak of?
>>
>>1681024
Based and boomerpilled
>>
>>1681084
You got me cuz. This isnt even my final form.
>>
>>1681071
This is actually good. I'd never considered doing like a rock garden or low water landscaping.
>>
>>1681097
FUCK ZOOMERS
>>
>>1681101
Thanks for the bamp homie
>>
You could leave some meat with poison on your property but your relationship with your neighbors will be shit for the rest of time.
Better off setting up a camera, see who does it and transfer the shit to their doorstep
>>
>>1680974
A big passive aggressive sign
This lawn contains chemicals known to harm pets and small animals
>>
>>1681212
Forget that, put a sign saying "We don't call 911" with a decal of an assault rifle.

Also optional, a sign saying "Shit on my ground to get a free ticket to the burial mound", or "Place turd get hurt", or "He who messes with feces gets shot on the spot", or "Shit here and I'll make you disappear", or "One bad smell and I'll make you not feel very well". You get the gist of it.
>>
>>1681238
>>1681212
It won't do anything. Smearing shit on their car will do.
I did, never got caught, and never seen them even come close to my lawn.
>>
>>1681238
How drunk are you
"Fist bump"
>>
>>1680974
Step 1. Harvest poops

Step 2. Grow produce in it

Step 4. Revenge and profit(?)
>>
Set out a bowl of anti freeze and some hot dog snacks with a good amount of rat poison in them.

Get a Wyze camera and set up an alert.
>>
>>1680974
A fence would work, unless gated community or shitty city code.
>>
This might be a bit complicated but you could make a laser tripwire that activates sprinkles when something goes in your yard
Oh and make it spray a bit over the yard where the owners would be
>red/infrared laser, light detector, arduino, sprinklers, hose, solenoid valve, wire
>>
>>1681430
Got an HOA but it's reasonable. Was going to get pics and bring it up in the next meeting if nothing else.

>>1681436
This is actually a great idea, anon. Gonna ask the old man (handy with electronics) about feasibility. Fucking top notch idea.
>>
>>1681359
Got my camera set up and its already pinging me at work as ppl walk by. No culprits ... yet.
>>
>>1681020
Or go knock on the door like an adult and ask them to stop. Or motion sensor rigged airhorn, that works too.
>>
>>1681489
Gotta identify them before I can knock. I'm a big fan or face to face confrontation. And by nature, the phantom pooper seems to be the opposite.
Also air horn is hilarious. More for the dog and less for the walker. A mid-poo terror.
>>
>>1681489
>Or go knock on the door like an adult and ask them to stop.
Nonono, put the turn on doorstep and knock the door.
>>
>>1681020
this guys has the right idea
>>
>>1681024
buck urine, great idea there
>>
First, install a dog whistle on the front of your car so when you roll the neighborhood it fucks them all up.

Second, you can buy/make an electronic device that sends out tones only dogs find annoying. Shops in the UK use them on teenagers.

Third, install camera and call them out at next meeting and ask how they'd appreciate you shitting on their lawn.
>>
>>1681074
For cats a solution that produces a citrus smell should do it as the scent drives them away.

There may also be sprays that claim to be mixed specially for this problem.
>>
>>1681098
Or really just put a fence up if you want a guaranteed solution and are skeptical of the other suggestions. Dogs can’t climb and if the owner is doing it deliberately then you should be able to catch or deter them that way.
>>
Place the dog shit in a paper bag, ring the bell and set the bag alight, hide and when they stomp their feet on the bag to put out the fire shout GOTTEM.
>>
water it down and throw the shitty water solution on their AC units late at night.
>>
>>1681594
Nah, ACs don't take air from outside.
Smearing shit on door handles is way more evil. Especially on car, where you don't see the back side of handle
>>
>>1681471
>Gonna ask the old man (handy with electronics) about feasibility.
yeah, it's feasible
>>
>>1680974
Place a strong high pitch noise that humans can't hear but will drive dogs crazy.
>>
>>1681242
Story
>>
>>1681020
Yes!!!!
>>
>>1681697
I had same situation, but with people dumping trash. I caught them, confronted, said that it is your problem you miss garbage truck every time... All they did is they started whine like pigs, and continued using my property as a dumpster.
I had it enough, figured where do they live, and stated throwing their trash in random location around their house.
After couple days they stopped.
>>
Put out a bowl of dog food with Ex-Lax for a few days. That’ll teach those fuckers.
>>
>>1681757
I've left out the little laxative chews before at another house to great success.

Update: HOA states it's a problem we should address with animal control. So I'm just gonna start shooting those fuckers with the pellet gun and go from there.
It's apparently been an issue, as we have some new college kids in the neighborhood that dont show up to the HOA meetings and they also have the dogs. So they're hated by the powers that be and that basically gives me free range to be as mischievous as possible.
>>
Pour bacon grease on the poop, dogs will clean it up for you
>>
>>1681238
based
do this OP
>>
Postal Address: Cesar’s Way, Inc. or Cesar Millan Pack Project
PO Box 802888
Santa Clarita, CA 91380-288
>>
>>1680974
Sprinkler motion activate
>>
>>1683744
OP just needs to leave cat poop since dogs will eat it.
>>
>>1681238
>messes with feces
doesn't rhyme at all

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.