[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 36 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: borescope lube.jpg (257 KB, 1500x1500)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
DIY colonoscopy

y/n?

Yes, I'm serious.
>>
>>1676955
Well, you're gonna need a way to steer that cheapy horoscope.
>>
>>1676955
For what purpose?

First you have to not eat for 12 hours or so, take a strong laxative, then only a little lube is needed, hook the camera up to a tv or whatever.

They also have a little cutting tool to snip parts form the gut for later biopsy.

Not to mention even with the pain killing meds, it's still super uncomfortable and feels like your guts are bursting out.

Then last but not least, there is always a risk to perforate the gut requiring emergency surgery.

So in short... no.
>>
>>1676972
>Not to mention even with the pain killing meds, it's still super uncomfortable and feels like your guts are bursting out.
Speak for yourself, I never pain killing meds for it.
>>
>>1676981
forgot to ad the "needed"
>>
>>1676972
>For what purpose?
health reasons

im also planning on attaching a silicone tube to the borescope to shoot liquids like water or certain chemicals/probiotics into certain sections of my colon

>it's still super uncomfortable and feels like your guts are bursting out.
I'll be good, I shoved a really long tube in there before

>Then last but not least, there is always a risk to perforate the gut requiring emergency surgery.
My health is really bad right now, I'm willing to risk it

>>1676981
when you did yours was it painful? What did you feel?
>>
>>1676981
It's a requirement. Perhaps not in the 3rd world...

>>1676997
>im also planning on attaching a silicone tube to the borescope to shoot liquids like water or certain chemicals/probiotics into certain sections of my colon

Lol... why?

>I'll be good, I shoved a really long tube in there before

It goes through a lot of the guts, bends, turns and so on, it's not like just shoving something in there. It really feels like you are bursting when it pushed inside.

>My health is really bad right now, I'm willing to risk it

There is a chance of death. Don't be an idiot.
>>
>>1676998
>Lol... why?
Health reasons
I have to get rid of mucous and fibrin
I have to recolonize my gut with good bacteria like mutaflor and l. reuteri

>It goes through a lot of the guts, bends, turns and so on, it's not like just shoving something in there
I'm going to use a flexible borescope, a soft one

>There is a chance of death.
There's a chance of death while driving a car
>>
you posted this in /adv/ too
youre a fucking idiot and i hope you puncture your colon
>>
>>1677004
>There's a chance of death while driving a car
But dying from anally probing yourself is a little more embarrassing
>>
>>1677006
Thanks desu

:^)
>>
Jesus fucking Christ op I hope it's all just a larp to get a quick laugh. Anyways Im a medfag and been present at many colonoscopies. Listen you may have a alright plan on paper you don't realize how fucking hard is to actually operate that borescope inside of the colon, even with high end equipment. From your post it seems like you know your shit but let me tell you don't want to fucking try unless you want to fuck up your colon which will be more expensive than the colonoscopy itself (I'm guessing that money is issue here that's why you want to diy ). Besides you'd have to attach three tubes, one for the oxygen and other one for a fluid that your colon won't absorb and then one for getting rid of oxygen / liquid. Also why oxygen? If you're just gonna shove a cam up your ass all the way to the colon it will be pretty tight there and you won't see shit.

tl;dr no, just go visit a doc/professional
>>
>>1677004
>I have to recolonize my gut with good bacteria like mutaflor and l. reuteri

Pseudo science. What is your health issue?

>I'm going to use a flexible borescope, a soft one

I've had many, that changes nothing.

>There's a chance of death while driving a car

Such flawed logic. Go climbing without any ropes and safety because there is a chance of getting in a car crash? Lol alright.
>>
>>1677019
>one for the oxygen

Oh yeah, how did I forget about this. That's another thing that hurts or maybe that's where the pain came from. You feel you need to crap more then ever after too.

OP probably can't go to a med prof because he wants to engage in pseudo science.
>>
>>1677019
>how fucking hard is to actually operate that borescope inside of the colon
What if it's small in diameter and very flexible?

>I'm guessing that money is issue here that's why you want to diy
Nah
It's the opposite,
I already live in a country with socialized medicine
They're incompetent retards and waste all our tax dollars for an inefficient system. They won't even listen to you.
I wish I lived in USA or Switzerland/Singapore with private healthcare so the doctors would actually give a shit.

>one for the oxygen
Why can't you just use water to slightly expand the colon for visibility?

>and other one for a fluid that your colon won't absorb
Why not just water?

>then one for getting rid of oxygen / liquid.
Why can't I just shit it out?
Or alternatively, why wouldn't it just get absorbed, as you said it would?
>>
>>1677020
>Pseudo science.
Why are you pretending mainstream science is pseudoscience?
Are you stuck in 1996 or something where it wasn't commonly accepted that gut bacteria is extremely important and effected the brain?
Also Mutaflor and L. Reuteri have been shown in studies to have many benefits.
Mutaflor saved Hitler btw.

>>1677020
>Go climbing without any ropes and safety because there is a chance of getting in a car crash?
We're talking about probability here.
What's the probability of dying from a DIY colonoscopy.
Is there any data on this?
Probably not.
>>
>>1677023
>OP probably can't go to a med prof
Nah I've been to countess doctors.
im actually getting a legit colonoscopy in a few weeks but I know they wont do what I want them to
>>
>>1677033
Unless you actually reason why you are doing this, you make no sense.

I know all about these things, I have autoimmune disease and control things by diet and what is in the gut but now via your method.

>>1677033
>We're talking about probability here.

The probability is high if you do it yourself. And if there were as many people performing a self colonoscopy as there are people driving on the roads, the probability to die via colonoscopy would be much greater. They are unfair comparisons that dumb people always say, such as about flying in a plane is less chance of death than being in a car when it's simply a game of numbers and if there were as many planes in the air as cars on the road the figures would be vastly different.

"There are more people that die in a car crash than people that die when their parachute fails to open so sky diving without a parachute is safer than driving in a car"

It's totally retarded logic.
>>
>>1677031
>>I already live in a country with socialized medicine
What country? Most countries with national healthcare also have a private healthcare industry.
>>
>>1677034
EXPLAIN WHY YOU WANT TO INJECT BACTERIA OR WHATEVER OR YOU ARE A TROLL.
>>
>>1677037
>Unless you actually reason why you are doing this
2 reasons
to inject chemicals deep into my colon
and to see exactly what is going on in there

>>1677038
>Most countries with national healthcare also have a private healthcare industry.
That doesn't matter at all.
They don't benefit from economies of scale that the state run healthcare does, so it's impossible for them to lower prices without going out of business
>>
>>1677031
>>1676955

you're a genuine idiot
>>
>>1677039
I've got brain problems.

extreme ocd, mental fatigue, food intolerances, memory issues etc
>>
>>1677041
>That doesn't matter at all.
Yes it does you likely-trolling retard, you can pay professionals to do what you want done rather than this rectal suicide plan you've got.
>>
>>1677045
>you can pay professionals to do what you want done
I'm lower middle class, not rich.
If the entire country had private healthcare, the price would come down so everyone could afford it.
Like it was in the 50s/60s in the USA.
>>
>>1677023
About pain, everyone got a different threshold. I once had a 60 year old woman and her husband do colonoscopy as a regular checkup. The woman didn't want to take midazolam and went through the colonoscopy just flinching a couple of times but not even a sign of pain was on her face. The man did take midazolam but was almost screaming his lungs out a few times. Don't want to know what that woman already went through.

>>1677031
>What if it's small in diameter and very flexible?
Doesn't change much, what the doc always used was one that could bend by adjusting a lever on the side of the "controller". If you get one that you can adjust from the outside so to speak I'm guessing it would be okay-ish and maybe do the job but the problem also arises because of navigation and camera quality.

>Why can't you just use water to slightly expand the colon for visibility?
Unless your camera is water resistant and very very high quality you won't be able to see through the liquid as your colon still has food residue even if you use laxative and starve for a couple of days.

>Why not just water?
Your gut will absorb it easily, also water has minerals and other chemicals. Even distilled water is not a good idea since it still has risk of carrying any germs/ microbes along with it.

>>then one for getting rid of oxygen / liquid.
>Why can't I just shit it out?
>Or alternatively, why wouldn't it just get absorbed, as you said it would?
Same as above, also you want to inspect the whole colon at least I'm guessing so you have to move on, and that will be almost impossible if you don't pump out the gas liquid first. ( Also saves time )
>>
>>1677049
Gas and liquid*

Also please just say what country you are from and when you get it done by a professional the nurse will not say if they found something. You're gonna have to wait for the doc to tell you the news.
>>
>>1677044
>extreme ocd, mental fatigue, food intolerances, memory issues etc

OK, you want to inject things into your colon to cure brain issues.

Lol check yourself into an asylum, buddy.
>>
>>1677049
>The woman didn't want to take midazolam and went through the colonoscopy just flinching a couple of times but not even a sign of pain was on her face. The man did take midazolam but was almost screaming his lungs out a few times. Don't want to know what that woman already went through.
Damn, I guess it depends what you got going on up in there.

>If you get one that you can adjust from the outside so to speak I'm guessing it would be okay-ish and maybe do the job but the problem also arises because of navigation and camera quality.
Hmm, that would be much better but those ones are more expensive, like 500 dollars more expensive

Why couldn't I just use a normal flexible one?
My main reason for doing this is administering substances deep into the colon
Seeing the surface of the colon is just an added benefit
My main point of concern is bending around corners in the colon
I heard the rectosigmoid junction is the tightest section of the colon, is this true?

>Unless your camera is water resistant
It is.

>you won't be able to see through the liquid
I wont be able to see through water with and LED light?
Why not?

>Even distilled water is not a good idea since it still has risk of carrying any germs/ microbes along with it.
Meh, I've done deep enemas before with distilled water with no change to my health

>Same as above, also you want to inspect the whole colon at least I'm guessing so you have to move on, and that will be almost impossible if you don't pump out the gas liquid first. ( Also saves time )
Why wouldn't it just come out of my anus?
Why would it be almost impossible to push the tube further into my colon without getting air/water out?
Also why couldn't I just add an additional tiny tube onto the scope that allows air and liquid to escape?
>>
>>1677053
>OK, you want to inject things into your colon to cure brain issues.
Imagine denying basic science in 2019.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/05/190530101143.htm
https://www.psycom.net/the-gut-brain-connection
https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/treatments/16358-gut-brain-connection
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/the-brain-gut-connection
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/gut-brain-connection
https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/the-gut-brain-connection
>>
>>1677047
>If the entire country had private healthcare, the price would come down so everyone could afford it.
What country?
>>
>>1677058
>What country?
Somewhere in Europe
>>
>>1677055
>Why wouldn't it just come out of my anus?
>Why would it be almost impossible to push the tube further into my colon without getting air/water out?
>Also why couldn't I just add an additional tiny tube onto the scope that allows air and liquid to escape?
Let me rephrase myself because I wrote it wrong. You CAN just do it and shit water / release gas everywhere, but why would you do this? Comfort aside it would actually take some time to get the gas out, so you can in theory do it but you are going through such lengths to just do what a professional could with better equipment and little to no risk in no time.

>I heard the rectosigmoid junction is the tightest section of the colon is it true?
I don't know exactly how hard it is to manipulate through your colon, it all depends on how your body is but yes that's true.

>>1677060
>Somewhere in Europe
Poland? The doctors there are famous for doing fuckall.

Anyhow if you plan on doing it with water, shitting water and releasing gas everywhere instead of pumping it out is your choice. No I don't recommend it and I think you are insane but yes it is possible as long as you don't damage your colon in the process. Just gonna let you know I'm not responsible for your stupidity if you really will go through it.
>>
>>1677067
>Let me rephrase myself because I wrote it wrong. You CAN just do it and shit water / release gas everywhere, but why would you do this?
Because it's cheap.
Okay good.
this gives me relief because I thought this was a neccessary step of the process or something

im perfectly fine with shitting and farting everywhere desu

>I don't know exactly how hard it is to manipulate through your colon, it all depends on how your body is but yes that's true.
What is the diameter on average?

>Poland?
No, western europe

>No I don't recommend it and I think you are insane but yes it is possible as long as you don't damage your colon in the process. Just gonna let you know I'm not responsible for your stupidity if you really will go through it.
Thanks.
I'm pretty desperate and going to do this anyway but I want to research it first.
Thanks for the advice and not being a dick.
>>
get a drain camera
>>
Colonoscopy is dangerous, you will rupture your intestines. Why not just buy a pill cam? Swallow it and it takes pics as it travels though
>>
File: vk7p826lum721.jpg (117 KB, 800x800)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>1677047
>If the entire country had private healthcare, the price would come down so everyone could afford it.
>>
>>1677071
>Why not just buy a pill cam?
I tried.
They're retardedly regulated(FUCKING WHY? FUCK THE FDA!!) and expensive.
>>
File: 1513323560947.jpg (1.71 MB, 2576x2728)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB JPG
>>1677072
Stay mad lol.
>>
>>1677078
>Yes.
>And stream it live.
im considering it
>>
>>1677047
so you'll risk you life but not your bank account... interesting
>>
>>1677083
id risk both If I had money
>>
>>1677089
get a loan
>>
>>1677090
already in debt
>>
>>1677031
>I wish I lived in USA or Switzerland/Singapore with private healthcare so the doctors would actually give a shit.

What makes you think the doctors here give a fuck?
They get kickbacks from drug companies and push you off without treatment so you come back over and over, racking your bills up.
>>
>>1677047
>Like it was in the 50s/60s in the USA.

Look up the "Health Maintenance Organization Act of 1973"
It was pretty much illegal to make big profits on healthcare back when it was cheap. Then Nixon changed that, and its snowballed into the abomination we have today.
>>
>>1676955
Put me in the screencap. THANKS
:DDD
>>
>>1677075
>pay the nurses minimum wage, get rid of the FDA, let unlicensed doctors work, and sell more private insurance!

Jesus fucking christ, did you even read half of that drivel?
>>
>>1676955
Ive had a colonoscopy.
They pump you full of air or gas like a balloon so that they can actually see everything.
They tell you when you are done to fart as much as you can, because youll have serious cramps until youve expelled all the air.

I dont think you as a regular person could pull that off.
Just shoving the camera up your ass you probably wont see too much.
>>
File: 1562268978351.jpg (37 KB, 600x482)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>1677069
Why not just fill your bum up with your 'bacteria' using a turkey baster and no camera? you said it yourself that seeing the insides is only an added benefit. Imagine tearing your gut man, that's some fucked up shit.
>>
File: 1512184815032.jpg (1.28 MB, 1097x2706)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
>>1677109
>unironically thinking that's the problem and not the insane amount of government interventionism
Countless things are "profit based" yet they are extremely cheap
go to the dollar store or consumer electronics industry to see that

the problem is government interventionism
>>
>>1677111
Yeah, it would dramatically reduce the cost of healthcare and get rid of monopolies
>>
>>1677115
because it doesn't go past the sigmoid colon and makes me want to shit right away
>>
>>1677111
>and sell more private insurance!
Yes, more competition drives down prices, this is economics 101.
>>
>>1677117
>Countless things are "profit based" yet they are extremely cheap
>go to the dollar store or consumer electronics industry to see that

Yep sounds about right. You want healthcare to be a race to the bottom just like the sad state of our consumer goods, which are throwaway garbage made by slaves in a sweatshop.

The so called "government interventionism" is the only thing that has kept healthcare from becoming a race to the bottom. And the deregulation that continues to happen year after year is slowly letting this situation get worse.
Fucking baffling.

>>1677120
What makes you think the monopolies will go away as you continue to deregulate the behemoths that control the market already?

Lax regulation on the health insurance and pharmaceutical lobbies is literally why our health insurance is fucked.
>>
File: chart3.jpg (54 KB, 600x544)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>1677128
>You want healthcare to be a race to the bottom
Absolutely.
I want low prices and high quality.
Why is this a bad thing?
It works with consumer electronics.

>just like the sad state of our consumer goods
Are you honestly retarded?
Compare any laptop today to any laptop in the 90s and tell me that again.
>hurr but there are shitty ones
So what? the majority of them work great compared to before

>The so called "government interventionism" is the only thing that has kept healthcare from becoming a race to the bottom.
and it's resulted in millions of americans going bankrupt
how is this a good thing?

>And the deregulation that continues to happen year after year
What deregulation?
healthcare is the most regulated industry in the country

>Fucking baffling.
yes, your ignorance and dogmatism is

>What makes you think the monopolies will go away as you continue to deregulate the behemoths that control the market already?
Because their competitors will actually be allowed to compete with them

>Lax regulation on the health insurance and pharmaceutical lobbies is literally why our health insurance is fucked.
No, government intervention did that.
Do you realize how cheap healthcare used to be in the 50s and 60s before all of this government?
>>
>>1677130
>that pic
>showing the HMO act of 73 as the turning point for healthcare becoming expensive as shit.

Kek, the "underpayment" of hospitals is a side effect of the HMO act, not the cause of the price increases.

It just blows my mind you think that you will get "high quality" healthcare by
>paying healthcare workers less
>allowing 1 person to do the work that should be supervised by 3 people
>nixing the FDA
>nixing strict licensing and education requirements for your doctors
>nixing the medical boards which is a checks and balances to punish bad or poor doctors
>allowing companies to deny you coverage for preexisting conditions

And thats not even touching half of that horse shit in your post.

You are devoid of common sense.
>>
>>1677138
>>nixing the FDA
They are responsible for restricting the supply of new drugs and making it take forever for new drugs to be released.
https://www.fdareview.org/issues/theory-evidence-and-examples-of-fda-harm/

>>nixing the medical boards which is a checks and balances to punish bad or poor doctors
You can't have private medical boards that compete on safety and quality?
The current monopoly health board is corrupt as fuck.

>You are devoid of common sense.
Meanwhile my system works for every other aspect of the economy where economic freedom is applied
mainly consumer electionics
this shit worked before
the reason costs are skyrocketing is government

why do you think is evil and bad to allow competition with health insurance companies?
>>
>>1677069
>What is the diameter on average?
It varies from 2cm to even sometimes 5 cm.

>Thanks.
>I'm pretty desperate and going to do this anyway but I want to research it first.
>Thanks for the advice and not being a dick.
No problem but I still think you shouldn't do it, at least do even more research, I may have missed something. Oh and if something were to happen you can just say you tried to give yourself an enema ( I'm pretty sure the guys at the ER have had worse if that makes you feel any better ) Anyways I'm out.
>>
>>1677168
thanks friend
>>
>>1677033
Just get a fucking pill cam on eBay and stop being such a fuck wad. I'd tell you to shove your idea up your ass but you seem ahead of the game. As for reintroduction of gut bacteria go through a round of fucking peglyte and start with whatever you want.
>>
>>1677075
Not only are libertarians retarded, they are also pedophiles.
>>
>>1677300
>Just get a fucking pill cam on eBay
you cant get them on there and you need all of this other special equipment with it
>>
>>1677335
>people that want freedom and increased living standards for the working class are pedophiles
Yes, your rulers have trained you well.
>>
File: ForYerPipes.jpg (36 KB, 500x467)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>1676955

>using that tiny scope

Real men do their ill-advised home-colonoscopies with pic related
>>
>>1677044
I have those things too and I'm not about to stick a fucking tube up my asshole to try and fix them. Holy shit. Your memory and fatigue issues are related to the food intolerances, which I'm betting is avoidant restrictive food intake syndrome or whatever the fuck it's called.

Sticking shit up your ass isn't going to do anything except make you into more a faggot retard than you already are.
>>
>>1676955
just fly to mexico and get it done cheaper.
>>
>>1676955
>He doesn't have free healthcare

Laughing at you from my racially pure country
>>
>>1677552
>>He doesn't have free healthcare
I DO have free healthcare.
That's the problem, it's garbage and they don't give a shit.
Imagine having to wait 6 months to even see a Gastroenterologist let alone get a colonoscopy then when you finally get there he completely dismisses everything you tell him.
He literally said the pic is OP is "probably gatorade or something".
>>
>>1677560
Where do you live? Canada? UK? In France and Japan healthcare is great
>>
>>1677574
Switzerland and Singapore have the best healthcare system because it's privatized
>>
>>1677004
And this, my anonymous friends, is what mental illness looks like.
>>
>>1677590
cringe
>>
>>1677581
Not because it's private.
They have the best healthcare system because they are rich.
The US healthcare is privatized and it's far inferior to the Japanese one (or even the french to that extent).
The Colombian healthcare is also privatized and it's shit.

Being private or public has nothing to do with how good a healthcare system is. You just gotta do it right.
>>
>>1677590
Based
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (16 KB, 300x287)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>1677357
Lies. You need the pill with a fresh battery and the case. Oh and a fucking clue you stupid troll. Enjoy lacerations in your shit and not getting past the colon with your movie. If you make it to the ileum, post results. Protip, the colon absorps no nutrients.
t.chronspatient
>>
>>1677646
>Not because it's private.
It's 100% because it's private.
Government healthcare systems are usually shit and suffer waiting lines.
>They have the best healthcare system because they are rich.
They're rich because they have some of the freest markets on earth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_economic_freedom

>The US healthcare is privatized
Not really, the government still pays a massive amount of money AND they heavily intervene which raises the price.
My whole point is that it would be much less expensive if the government just got out of the way.

>The Colombian healthcare is also privatized
lol no it's not
government granting special privileges to certain companies is not privatization or free market at all
it's corporatism
>>
>>1677667
>You need the pill with a fresh battery and the case.
I was looking everywhere for this but couldn't find it.
If you could send me a link that would be appreciated.

>If you make it to the ileum, post results.
Will do.
>>
>>1677773
As I said. It's not a question of private or not private: France and Japan (two countries I lived in and whose healthcare system I have experienced) have cheap and efficient healthcare, because they do it right.
The UK and Canada do it wrong, which is why they have long waiting lines and shit service.
The US does it wrong too, but unlike what you're saying, it's not the government who raises the price...it's corporatism.
In Colombia healthcare is 100% private. There is no Medicare like in the US, there is no social security. If you can't pay, you die.
The advantage of a tax funded healthcare system is that people will go to the doctor earlier rather than wait it out, which means serious illnesses can be beaten faster, therefore reducing the costs.
It's not perfect, but that's the main advantage over private healthcare. When done right, public healthcare is better in every single right. Again it's pretty hard to get it right, most countries fail to do so.
>>
>>1677786
>As I said. It's not a question of private or not private: France and Japan (two countries I lived in and whose healthcare system I have experienced) have cheap and efficient healthcare, because they do it right.
Their systems, Japan's especially is extremely privatized and decentralized.
Compare that to the NHS which is a bureaucratic mess.

>In Colombia healthcare is 100% private.
Not really, read my post above
Also colombia is severely lacking in economic freedom which is why they are poor.

>public healthcare is better in every single right
Not really.
We don't have enough examples of real private healthcare to say that.
All we have are healthcare in the 50s/60s in USA and Swizerland and Singapore(which both have private systems).
>>
>>1677787
I think you're confusing privately owned hospitals and privately funded system. Japan and France both use private hospitals but the government pays your bills. The UK and Canada did it wrong: hospitals are run by the government (which is why it's shit. We totally agree on that point).
Have you lived in Colombia? I have (AAMOF I'm in Bogota atm). The reason they are poor is not lack of economic freedom, rather corruption and sheer stupidity. It's way easier to start a company in Colombia than in France, yet the average Frenchman has much more purchasing power.

Morally, yes. The franco-japanese system is the best. It combines the efficiency of the private system with the solidarity of the public system. As always: the best solution is a compromise between two extremes.
>>
>>1677792
>Japan and France both use private hospitals but the government pays your bills.
Yes, and these private hospitals can be independent and decide their own shit.

>The reason they are poor is not lack of economic freedom, rather corruption and sheer stupidity.
Corruption is literally an aspect of a lack of economic freedom.

>yet the average Frenchman has much more purchasing power.
because colombia suppresses their currency through inflation so the people there remain poor
like I said lack of economic freedom

>Morally, yes. The franco-japanese system is the best. It combines the efficiency of the private system with the solidarity of the public system. As always: the best solution is a compromise between two extremes.
Nah, Swiss and Singapore system is still superior as far as quality and waiting lines are concerned.
>>
>>1677794
>Hospitals can do their own shit
No, that's not how it works. France won't allow a hospital to perform GPA, sex change operations or abortions after 14 weeks because that's illegal. The price is also set in an agreement between the gvt and the hospitals, but the price is the same everywhere

>Muh Colombia inflation is manipulated by the gvt
Do you even know how inflation works? If the peso is performing like shit it's because it depends on the price of oil, and oil is cheap as fuck. Colombia is poor because they are stupid. That's all there is to it. Plus you can have a country which is corrupt with a lot of economic freedom: ex: the US. Corruption is present yet economic freedom is high.

>Swiss is better
I disagree. I'd say in service quality it is equally as good as France and Japan. Can't say for Singapore as I've never had to go to the hospital there (Singapore isn't even an important country when you think about it. Neither is Switzerland. They are insignificant on the international stage).
>>
>>1677799
>No, that's not how it works. France won't allow a hospital to perform GPA, sex change operations or abortions after 14 weeks because that's illegal. The price is also set in an agreement between the gvt and the hospitals, but the price is the same everywhere
They still have tons of autonomy.
I was mainly talking about Japan because it's much better than France's system.

>>Muh Colombia inflation is manipulated by the gvt
Are you honestly retarded?
What do you think central banks are?
Do you think they're a natural function of the free market or something?
ALL inflation is a direct result of government action.

>If the peso is performing like shit it's because it depends on the price of oil, and oil is cheap as fuck. Colombia is poor because they are stupid. That's all there is to it.
LMAO if the central bank was abolished and all inflation was abolished, the peso would constantly gain value.
neo-keynesian shills dont want this so they constantly print more money

>Plus you can have a country which is corrupt with a lot of economic freedom: ex: the US. Corruption is present yet economic freedom is high.
The corruption in the USA is a direct result of its lack of economic freedom.
USA isnt actually that high in econ freedom

>I disagree. I'd say in service quality it is equally as good as France and Japan.
Have you ever been there?
There are zero waiting lines like there are in France and Japan.

>Singapore isn't even an important country when you think about it. Neither is Switzerland.
So what? This isn't an argument at all.
If it can work for countries with millions of people in them, it can be scaled to much larger countries.

>They are insignificant on the international stage).
What does this have to do with anything we're talking about?
>>
I've got the perfect solution for you. I have excellent fecal bacteria. I'll shit in a bag for you, mail it to you, and you can shoot my poop up your poop chute. This should help recolonize things. But first we'll need to kill off the bad bacteria first. I recommend squeezing a liter or two of vodka up there to help sanitize the area first.
>>
>>1677802
I haven't noticed a difference between France n Japan desu. I think you never went there. The lines are literally just a few minutes. Most of the time they'll take you instantly. I've never had to wait more than 10 minutes for minor stuff, despite living in Paris and now Tokyo. Never had to wait for a major surgery. You've heard/seen the situation in Canada and deducted that it was similar in FR/JP, which is not true.
However in the UK/CAN it is truly shit, we both agree on that.

>Abolish muh central bank, shut down the fed
Whatever. This idea is retarded, you know perfectly why it wouldn't work. I call either trolling or flagrant ignorance. Back to /pol/ you absolute nitwit.

>All inflation is a result of central bank action
See above

>Peso would constantly gain value
...despite being linked to oil prices...right. Colombia produces nothing except oil and coffee (and cocaine). If you don't give them a proper economy (by investing in infrastructure, which atm is non-existent), then yes, the peso will gain in value. If the Euro is strong it's because the European economy is strong. If the dollar is strong it's because the American economy is strong. If the peso is shit it's because the Colombian economy is shit. How do you not know this? I learned this stuff in my first year at University twenty years ago when I was an idiot just like you.

>Have you been there
In Switzerland yes.

>We can scale it up
No we can't. At least not without drastically increasing prices. It works in CH and SGP because of their ridiculously small population. It will not work in bigger countries. The system in Colombia technically works the same way, but 40% of the population can't afford it. It works in SNG and CH because everyone in these countries is super rich. These countries are not representative of the international average.

What is your plan? Should we let the average Frenchman/Nip/Mutt die of cancer because he can't afford to pay 500.000$? Just asking.
>>
>>1677830
>The lines are literally just a few minutes.
I highly doubt that.
Show me some objective studies.
>However in the UK/CAN it is truly shit, we both agree on that.
Because it's heavily monopolized by the state.

>Whatever. This idea is retarded, you know perfectly why it wouldn't work
I'm sorry that you're so indoctrinated by the people enslaving you that you can't see the solution to increasing living standards is staring you in the face.
The USA worked perfectly fine from after the civil war until 1913 without a central bank.
Living standards for workers improved dramatically and it was quite stable. The panics that did happen were a result of government interventionism in the banking sector.
>Back to /pol/ you absolute nitwit.
So you can't refute my argument?

>>All inflation is a result of central bank action
>See above
So you're going to completely ignore the objective fact that all inflation is the result of central bank action.
We should be having a natural DEFLATION, not inflation.
Lowering prices is what increases living standards.

>...despite being linked to oil prices...right.
It literally doesn't have to be.
If you abolished central banking and let the peso gain value, you could buy more capital goods from other countries and create new industries.

>Colombia produces nothing except oil and coffee (and cocaine).
They do now, but they could be doing a lot more if they just had a functioning economy with economic freedom.

>investing in infrastructure
People that think the government magically investing in infrastructure will boost economic growth is putting the cart before the horse.
Back when we had no central bank, companies would fund massive infrastructure projects.

>If the Euro is strong
>dollar etc
lmao these places economies aren't going strong, they're just massive bubbles that are being fed by dumb countries like columbia that allow central banking to rape their nations, making americans and euros give them their resources for cheap
>>
>>1677830
>No we can't. At least not without drastically increasing prices.
This makes absolutely no sense.
If the same amount of doctors and hospitals per capita exists, why couldn't you just scale it up?
Fucking retarded.

>It works in CH and SGP because of their ridiculously small population. It will not work in bigger countries.
LOL WHAT?
You have no proof, no reasoning, no nothing.
Only "just so" stories.
Why did it work perfectly fine in the USA during the 50s and 60s?

>The system in Colombia technically works the same way, but 40% of the population can't afford it.
Because they're a poverty stricken economically unfree shithole.

https://www.heritage.org/index/country/colombia

Their healthcare isn't privatized, the government just hands out special favors.
This is the opposite of the free market.

>It works in SNG and CH because everyone in these countries is super rich.
Because they are economically unfree.
Dude Switzerland is the only country in the world that actually ALLOWED deflation to occur.
They have a strong currency, one of the strongest in the world and this is due to long periods of time of sound money.

>Should we let the average Frenchman/Nip/Mutt die of cancer because he can't afford to pay 500.000$?
No, I want a free market so it costs $500 instead of 500000.
Abolish patents/IP on drugs.
Those that can't afford it will be taken care of by charity, which would be much more abundant in a free market with no income tax and low government spending.

People that don't support free markets are pretty sociopathic
>>
>>1677778
You want the reader from eBay. The pills on eBay are usually used, so beware. There are many kinds. They come with a 12 hour battery and a magnetic case to de energize the pill during transport.
https://www.ebay.com/p/Given-Imaging-Fgs-0347-Pillcam-Recorder-Dr3/25023891418
You'll also want the rapid and pillcam software which u can beg for from the company, pirate bay, or just bring the files to a hospital and ask for a dump. But you are way too interested in your pointless self colonoscopy you didn't have the brain power go actually fucking google.
>I was looking everywhere for this but couldn't find it.
You're full of shit, OP. Took me more time to write this angry post than finding the fucking thing.
https://www.medtronic.com/covidien/en-us/products/capsule-endoscopy.html
>>
>>1676955
Not a good idea. You could make an ass of yourself.
>>
>>1677560
Go to mexico get all done in one week. get lab results same day if you do it in the before the afternoon.
>>
>>1677835
>Switzerland is the only country that allowed deflation to happen

Eurozone: "Am I a joke to you?"

>When there were no central banks, corporations could fund massive projects

Mmmhh. Sure. I thought back in the days people were dying of the plague and stuff.

>With a free market the prices will just lower
That's where your wrong, kiddo. In an absolutely free market there's nothing stopping hospitals from charging you a million dollars for a plaster.

>HURR DURR MUH DEFLATION IS GOOD
Top kek. Deflation is even worse than inflation because it stops consumption. That's what's happening in Europe right now, and nobody's liking it.

>U have no proof
But I have a PhD in corporate finance and economics. What do you have? A book written by a crazy mutt?

Everything that you spew is pure and utter bullshit. Read economics 101.
>>
File: JPEG_20190827_072331.jpg (1.04 MB, 2576x1932)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>
>>1677074
You are trying to stick a butt plug coil in your ass to do an amateur fecal transplant and youre worried about the FDA and regulation? just buy a pillcam from fucking alibaba or something you idiot
or you can stop making stupid threads and go eat literal shit
>>
>>1678074
You have a PhD in finance and economics, and you're going to spew bullshit about how a hospital in a free market will charge you a million dollars for a plaster (guessing that's a cast for a broken arm/leg?). Dude, fuck off. You might have a PhD in jacking off in your mommie's basement, but that's all. (You) need to go take some econ 101 yourself.
>>
>>1677830
>be hospital in free country
>charge 6 trillion dollars for something
>nobody can afford it
>go bankrupt
>hospitals close down and everyone gets aids, the black plague, typhus, and grows a third limb
>"see, this is why gubmint wuz better"

This is genius! It's totally how it would play out! Long live big brother!
>>
File: FamilyPlanning.jpg (20 KB, 266x200)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>1677830
>However in the UK/CAN it is truly shit
>>
>>1677004
>mutaflor
Kek

You'd better check out >>>/pol/, they've been missing you, mein F├╝hrer
>>
>>1676997
Jesus Christ. Just go to the fucking doctor.
>>
>>1677053
Unironically lurk /fit/
Or don't, the board has really gone down the shitter.
>>
>>1677071
What an empty and entertaining time to be alive.
>>
>>1677118
No, it wouldn't.
Investment in medical businesses is too high and the parties already invested have too much interest to allow competition. You are being naive.
I do appreciate that you recognize the problems and are searching for solutions though.
>>
>>1681326
>the board has really gone down the shitter

or not, apparently it's still stuck up the ass.
>>
>>1677817
Fecal transplants are absolutely a legitimate medical procedure. They do it all the time for patients with c.diff.

Do this, OP.
>>
I've given myself enemas when the pipework was feeling a little backed up. Good shits after. I'd do that, I'm not afraid of sticking tubes up my butt.
>>
>>1681384
Ill poop in his butt anon
>>
>>1681438
You're a good friend.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.