[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1548996803785.jpg (357 KB, 1856x1004)
357 KB
357 KB JPG
Hey diy,

A while ago I had seen a wood working thread that had a guy showing off his plans for a bed frame that didn't need fastening. He moved often and the bed game apart without screws. I saved a few of the images, I was wondering could anyone point me in the direction of those plans or similar? Thanks in advance
>>
File: 1548731639393.jpg (298 KB, 2688x1386)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
Other image from the thread
>>
>>1645112
It is a fairly standard Japanese bed, should not be hard to find plans, not really needed though. They have some nice joinery in them, had a picture of one that was quite impressive but I can not seem to find it, just this one. Not a fan of them for bed frames myself, but I do like their construction.
>>
>>1645118
Thanks for the tip
>>
File: 18.jpg (179 KB, 1333x1000)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>1645112
I got some pics from that anon.
>>
File: Bed.png (1.2 MB, 1000x2655)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
>>1645302
>>
>>1645308
>>1645302
Tyvm
>>
Wouldn't this frame start squeaking intensely the moment someone started moving on it, as in having sex on it?

Not that it matter to OP, but still curious.
>>
>>1645681
>Not that it matter to OP,
Keks
>>
>>1645676
You're welcome, anon; hope it's helpful. Good luck with your build.
>>
>>1645681
Bed anon here. I can say 100 percent no noise. Everything fits snugly enough to eliminate flex. All peices were built over sized and reduced gradually to a perfect fit. I had originally planned this so I could account for errors that would cause the bed to sit out of square, but I apearantly did good enough that when I went back to measure each section, there was little to know difference between each peice. The bed as a whole is substantial in size and weight so that in itself has a dampening effect.

The only noise it's ever made was a faint pop when I did a mondo flop onto it, and I already know that was because there is about 1/32 gap under one of the waffle tips. For some reason, that one board decided to ever so slightly bow up after about a week in the bedroom. But such is to be expected of a shitty 2x6. As solid as this bed is, I cant imagine any tangible benefits of an all hardwood build, other than the aesthetic improvement.

>>1645112
I dont have plans, as I just started building after the quick sketchup model you see here. The model doesnt account for actual thicknesses and tolerances either. I will tell you that my design is wayyyyyyyy over built, and you could have a much more slimmed down design with more than adequate sturdiness.

>>1645118
While the traditional design was the inspiration for my bed, I too take issue with it. I cant seem to come to terms with the added lip on the 4 rails. I also dont like the often under supported centers and low height.
>>
Looks awesome, but also heavy as duck.
>>
>>1646059
I would say everything you did was within tradition, well everything other than the glued up posts and use of laminated lumber. I have not come across a single frame that combines every design choice you made, but there is no single element I have not seen in traditional designs and it seems unlikely they were not combined at some point. I did come across one much larger bed that was fairly close to what you made, but not quite, the four internal sections where not grids and it lacked the center beam.
r
>my design is wayyyyyyyy over built
Understatement! You could build a house ontop of your frame. How about a picture of it finished? I remember your thread but I never saw a pic of the final result.
>>
>>1646096
How about go fuck yourself buddy. My pictures are everywhere. Use Google, CUNT.
>>
>>1646115
you're not invited to my birthday party
>>
>>1646115
Stop pretending to be me.

>>1646096
Fair enough. As for finished you've pretty much seen it. I still need to finish the head board, but were in the middle of buying our first house so it's in the back burner.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.