[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: setup.jpg (52 KB, 1236x413)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
What can I do to improve it, other than drill a hole in the top to vent the hot air out? Exhaust fan on the top window?
>>
>>1628328
Exhaust fan pulls in moisture. Insulation is key.
>>
File: 1560357930440.jpg (91 KB, 1236x413)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>1628328
>>
>>1628328
Yes you idiot, blowing outwards. Your drawing didn't indicate so, but if there's a window downstairs open that at the same time
>>
>>1628354
Right. But I'll be testing today to see if it makes any difference with exhaust. The temp outside is supposed to be even hotter, if the inside temp is cooler than 140F, then that's doing something.
>>
I'll write u up a post after work today.
>>
>>1628354
>open downstairs window when outside it 30 degrees hotter

Nope. The temperature seeks equilibrium and outside air getting into downstairs = loss of cool temperature. I can already tell the difference when I step outside and when I get inside the door. Its warm as fuck outside and cool inside. A better way is to push cool air from downstairs to upstairs and then exhaust the heat via attic window.
>>
>>1628328
Ceiling fan to circulate air.
>>
The biggest impact of a attics temperature is color of roof. With an exception being shaded coverage. Unless your going for a "hot roof" which means you have insulation on the over head part of your attic, this has the benefit of keeping your ducting in an air conditioned environment.

If you are going for passive cooling than you set yourself up two fans. One blowing in and one blowing out. The one blowing in should be on the north or east or the north east. Preference to the north. The exhaust fan does not need to be directly across from the inlet fan. Set it up with a thermostat to move air as long as it's cooler outside by 10 degrees.

That's about all you can do.

Look into joe listibureks work for some extremely well made studies.
>>
>>1628328
I'm not walking around up there to drill your hole

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.