[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Anyone here?
I want to make a copper net as elastic as possible.
Should I increase or decrease hole/mesh size to achieve that?
>>
straight copper wires won't stretch the way you want, but there are weave styles that simulate stretchiness
>>
>>1574392
they will be a bit stretchy along the diagonals.
>>
>>1574415
So..changing the hole size won't do shit?
I don't think I know anyone who makes copper nets with irregular weave styles.
Thanks either way.

I want to make a copper bed/pillow sheet.
>>
>>1574453
Metals do not have elasticity, but I'm hoping that isn't what you're thinking of. The best thing I can think of would be making the framing edges of the mesh extra long so that the individual wires can slide along it to give a variably sized mesh.
>>
>>1574392
>>1574453
Is this to block the wifi and 5g signals?...
It'll actually increase the amount that enters your body.
Your best bet is to go into you router's settings and decrease the maximum range.
>>
>>1574478
Copper kills 99.9% antibiotic resistant bacteria bro.
>>
>>1574459
i guess you could bend each wire into a zigzag as weaving it, so pulling along each thread will spread out the zigzag of the thread making it straight.
>>
>>1574511
Antibiotics also kill the good bacteria living on and inside you. Which is why people get so fucked up after they're on long regimens, and the same reason why you shit your brains out when on antibiotics.

If you're doing this to stay healthy, you're going to fail.
>>
>>1574459
Ever heard of Modulus of Elasticity?
>>
>>1574511
So does washing the sheets in hot water.
>>
>>1574546
They aren't so good, they allow strongest to survive
>>
>>1574511
This, and it will conduct heat away from your fat head
>>
What the fuck is this thread
>>
File: 1547653582430.jpg (9 KB, 247x204)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>1574453
>I want to make a copper bed/pillow sheet.
>>
>>1574392
>>1574453
You can make it out of chain mail, using rubber rings and copper rings in alternating rows. But it might be hard to get all the copper rings electrically connected if that's your goal. You could weave wire through the mail possibly.

Or better yet do full copper mail and just wrap it in something elastic.
>>
>>1574392

put your pillowcase on the outside and just flip it inside out every night
>>
I don't think copper is going to be very elastic. Could you use something that has natural elasticity instead, and maybe spray paint with copper paint?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.