[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 19 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: IMG_20181204_233716.jpg (2.34 MB, 3968x2976)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB JPG
I'm at a loss.
How the fuck do I remove this toilet seat?
It's loose on the left side and I can't figure out how to tighten it because there's no fixings anywhere
>>
>>1509370

there is something on the underneath, but since you are clueless, you showed us the wrong side.

that's where the "fixings" are. show us the "fixings" pls.
>>
I fucking hate it when OP doesn't show the fixings.
>>
File: IMG_20181204_233922.jpg (2.29 MB, 2976x3968)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB JPG
>>1509377
>>
>>1509385

well fuck. you need a hammer mate.
>>
Looks like an allen key in the end of the hinge part
>>
File: burger33wwert.jpg (140 KB, 1000x750)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>1509394

if this works, OP owes you many burgers
>>
>>1509370
If I had to guess, is say the fixings are under the bowl lip. Need a ratchet and extension and your arms elbow deep in a used toilet. Sorry for your lots.
>>
>>1509404
>>
>>1509385
That toilet doesn't have standard seat fittings you can reach from underneath. Go back to OP picture:
>>1509370
Take a look at those hinges and see if there is a way to take the seat off. There appear to be some recesses in the sides of the hinge. Hex key or some other fastener?

Take seat off and then the hinges will thread into the fittings in the bowl. Take hinges out (they probably unscrew) and see what's loose and how to tighten them.
>>
>>1509370
is there a screw in the side of the hinge?
if not, try to lift the decorative caps
>>
use a punch and pop that metal dowel out of the hole
>>
Use an Allen Wrench.
>>
>>1509385
lmao
>>
is OP stealing toilet seats from handicap stalls?
>>
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 272x185)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>1509370
Those chrome fittings will attach through the bowl with something like pic related. The heads will be underneath the caps or even the seat hinges themselves. In that case you'll have to remove the seat first.
>>
Google "ideal standard toilet seat installation".

Open the Instructions PDF.

Follow the instructions backwards.
>>
>>1510727
In case you don't understand the instructions and the many pictures they contain, there are set screws in the ends of the hinges that hold them to the studs.
>>
File: BvbkvpwIEAA3OM8.png (130 KB, 360x201)
130 KB
130 KB PNG
Fixins.....
>>
>>1509385
lel
>>
>>1509370
Its pretty obvious to see the set screws there holding it on.

Which part is loose, the bottom stud or just the seat?
>>
>>1509370
Please put the seat down
How many times do I have to tell you?
>>
>>1509385

Only two possibilities I can think of: Either, as >>1509552 said, they're removable after taking out those hex screws recessed into the sides, or you actually have to unmount the toilet and the other side is accessible through the back or bottom.

If the former (likely) is the case, GG. If the latter, top fucking kek that is a dumb toilet design, I don't even know where you'd get a replacement seat.
>>
Similar toilet seat question here.

I have a regular toilet seat that I was going to replace, but when I went to unscrew the plastic nuts clamping the seat to the bowl, I found that someone else has already tried to replace the seat, but compleatly fucked up the nuts in the process. Now they are just knarled, twisted, smoothed out plastic nits that are stuck on the bolts.

They are both slightly loose, so I can pull the seat up just a little bit from the top, at the hinge. How do I get the old plastic nuts off or cut the bolts above the nuts, without breaking the bowl?

I could probably fit a mini hacksaw blade up in there by itself, but I wouldn't be able to fit the blade if it was mounted in an actual mini hacksaw. What do?
>>
>>1514779
Fuck the nuts, use a pair of vice grips to grab them and twist.
>>
>>1514797
I actually already tried that. Unfortunately, the way the bow is designed, one of the nuts doesn't have enough room around it to fit vice grips in.

I'm thinking of hitting it from the bottom with a hot air gun to try and soften up the plastic. Is that crazy, or just crazy enough to work?
>>
>>1514769
Fuck you!

I told him here >>1510688
days before that fag came along...
>>
>>1514806
If the nuts are cheap/soft enough you can use a pair of pliers to gnaw/chew them up and break them apart.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.