[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 63 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: maxresdefault.jpg (140 KB, 1280x720)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
Which of these brands uses the least amount of Chinese internals? I know that Milwaukee wasn't what it once was, build quality is nothing like it was before. Got a feeling Makita changed the least, while the highend Bosch stuff is still mostly German/Malaysia

Sorry, too poor for Hilti and Festool
>>
>>1508582
I'd love to know what Fein uses.
>>
buy Hilti
>>
>>1508582
It can be made in China and still use good quality internals, Chinese assembly lines aren't banned from using good parts, dude. They use whatever parts the contractor tells them to.

https://youtu.be/To_dz62OXSs?t=144
>>
>>1508589
Their tools look ugly. No.
>>
>>1508582
Buy Metabo. 90% German made and their bearings are from that one good Chinesium manufacturer.
>>
File: 9204345307166.jpg (49 KB, 734x800)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>1508601
>Their tools look ugly
They literally look like Milwaukee with less bulk.
>>
>>1508603
Maximum faggot Sunday diy'er brand
>>
>>1508617
Every blacksmith I know only trusts Metabo angle grinders.
>>
>>1508617
Not at all.
>>
>>1508634
Corded or Cordless?
>>
>>1508634
blacksmiths are brutish gorillas who hit shit with hammers
>>
It's all about balance, not one of them makes the best everything.

Bosch - best jigsaws, routers, mitre saws, demo/rotary hammers, corder grinders (old information)
Milwaukee - recipo saws and a lot of tools none of the others have
Makita - drills and impact shit, nailers, good grinders too.
Dewalt - I don't think they're in the same tier as those 3
>>
>>1508601
>Their tools look ugly
Do you really buy tools based on what they look like? What a massive faggot.
>>
>>1508647
Yes, I show my tools to my gay friends.
They once saw that ugly yellow duckling Dewalt and laughed at me
>>
>>1508650
Just go Mattias Wendell autistic and paint all your tools a weird shade of Soviet Industrial Green.
>>
>>1508655
>Soviet Industrial Green.
Beautiful color.
>>
>>1508672
It always remands me of the smell of mildew, starvation and sorrow. SIG is just so Soviet.
>>
I actually like Black and Decker, or Dewalt. Those are the 2 I recommend.
>>
>>1508637
You sound like this is arousing you.
>>
>>1508650
What other tools do you show to your gay friends?

Have you considered trying girls?
>>
File: 1543643812755.jpg (57 KB, 322x471)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>1508589
yes, buy a $500 hand drill, goy-i mean boy.
>>
>>1508582
>no ryobi
>no porter cable
>no kobalt
>no skil
>no black+decker
>no hitatchi
>no fien
>no hilti
>no festool
>no craftsman

on a serious note, just checked online superstore for cordless drill, and ho. lee. fuck. theres a chinesium rip off of every major brand/color scheme.
>>
who cares? buy what you can get for cheap. use it until it wears out. scrap it. buy a new one.
>>
>>1510166
>peak consumerism
Or, or, or...
You get a proper tool for a bit higher price, but which'll last you years and years while cheap tools die burn out.
Provided you take good care of it, which is something you most likely don't.
>>
>>1510038
B&D and Dewalt are chinkshit, Einhell has better build quality.
>>
>>1508644
What are you talking about? No Bosch product I have ever seen is on par with those 3. DeWalt makes fantastic demo hammers that last a lifetime, Makita is great for the smaller tools, Hilti for the saws
>>
>>1510643
Bosch comes in two tiers: absolute trash, and not bad if you baby it.
>>
File: b2c.png (259 KB, 1000x861)
259 KB
259 KB PNG
>>1510038
>I actually like Black and Decker, or Dewalt
>>
>>1510073
>a chinesium rip off of every major brand/color scheme
For anything not made in china, there is a chinese rip-off version of it.
>>
>>1510166
People like you are why nobody makes good tools any more.
>>
>>1508582
>Better than you need tier:
Hilti, Mac, Fein, Festool/Protool, Ingersol Rand, Snap On, Professional Panasonics, Nemo Underwater

> "Good drill" tier
Dewalt, Makita, Milwaukee, Blue Bosch, Hitatchi, Metabo

>"high end home-use" tier
24v Kobalt, Ridgid

>good enough for around the house tier
Ryobi, porter cable, black and decker, craftsman, Worx, 20v Kobalt, Stanley, Skil

>Chinese flea market tier
Chicago Electric, Wen, Hercules, Bauer, Earthquake

>literally who tier
Greenworks, Genesis, Rockwell, Triton, everything else

Honestly at this point Ryobi 18v One+ is inching towards the "High End Home-Use" tier, their beefy brushless tools, outdoor power equipment, lighting options exotic homeowner tools like transfer pumps and bolt cutters put them a step above every other generic homeowner-targeted tool line.
>>
>greenworks
>literally who
nigga they make a lot of electric ope for different brands
>>
>>1508582
>tfw Makita is now made in China
>tfw they went from good quality jap manufacturing to chink shit
fucking why
>>
>>1510738
Ryobi still has a number of tools they refuse to switch to brushless, though. Like the 1/2 impact wrench. I'm not even gonna bitch about how it only comes with a detent pin instead of a friction ring.
>>
>>1510776
Also, that's basically the #1 thing stopping me from buying into Ryobi entirely, because I care more about the impact wrench than most other things, but if I go for Ridgid I won't have access to all those weird extra tools that Ryobi has. But I already have a B&D weedeater from years ago and I keep telling myself I'll get my gas mower running again. And if I ignore everything else and save for just Milwaukee I can get the M12 Fuel 1/2 stubby wrench and that neat electric ratchet. Decisions, decisions!
>>
>>1508589
>>1508615
take the battery of the drill
>made in china
>>
File: 297f7ee94a.jpg (89 KB, 750x500)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>1510738
>nemo underwater
try spitznas

>tfw no underwater ATEX Hydraulic Chainsaw running on your 3000psi hydraulic powerpack
>>
File: 45b9e48724.jpg (113 KB, 750x500)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>1511810
or an underwater hydraulic core-drill
in case you want to disable some ships CIA style
>>
>>1510218
??? I’m a plumber, I beat the shit out of my dewalt 18v kit everyday. Still going.
>>
Funny thing about underwater hydraulic tools. Stanley of all companies makes the best.
>>
>>1508582
Draw your own conclusions.

I'll give you a hint, you can't. Some amazing and shit tools from each conglomerate.
>>
>>1508673
Post war to 1970's Industrial Britain was exclusively a similar shade of Hammerite green.

Hammerite don't make that shade anymore, nor do they make original Hammerite But in the US you can get a similar shade from Rustoleum called Verde Green.
>>
>>1512169
So true.

The 1960s Armstrong Vickers hardness tester I use at work is the epitome of old school British engineering. Pic related.
>>
>>1510218

Good tools, good price. I have this set, does everything I need it too
>>
>>1508585
dunno about battery drills
the grid tools are made in Germany
they extrude their own shells and the motors are all wound on site
>>
>>1508617
>he doesn't know
>>
Makita manufactures a lot of their shit outside China, if you're in Europe, most of their tools will be from Romania. Though I don't think this necessarily leads to them being any higher quality than yellow or red.
>>
>>1512288
Makita also vary by model. Some of their tools are made in Japan or the UK, not sure where else.

The larger brushless 18v impact wrench they sell is made in Japan, and the smaller brushless impact wrench is made in the UK.

Not sure which other models.
>>
>>1512231
Doesn't make it not chinkshit, Bavaria is good too, for the first few days.
>>
>>1510671
Unfortunately, yes. Green Bosch is lowest tier chinesium crap since years, Blue Bosch is down to what Green was 20 years ago, so just about useable if you don't spec commercial duty.
>>
>>1512130
>HILTI -> HILTI
>MAKITA -> MAKITA
Sensibly chuckled.
>>
Ive run Makita for 10 years. The only reason I stay with one brand is because once you're in for $400-600 of batteries it doesn't make sense to change it up.

I just replaced my impact and drill for the second time. 4-5 years of daily use is pretty good for a $100 plastic tool IMO.

Most of the electricians I work with use dewalt, plumbers use milwaukee, steel framers use hilti... they all keep up just fine. Most of them just use a specific line if it has specialty tools for their trade, like the PEX tools from milwaukee for plumbers.
>>
Our firm has always used Makita stuff, apart from grinders which are mostly Bosch.

We do mechanical fitting (I think they're called millwrights in the US?). We use a lot of cordless drills and impact wrenches, and Makita seem to do well.

If we didn't use Makita we'd probably use Milwaukee due to their drills and impact wrenches being good/powerful.
>>
>>1513075
>Milwaukee for company tools

Enjoy sending your tools to repair every week.
>>
>>1508582
ITT: No India people buying Hyper Tough tools from Walmart.

Always find it funny when people bought that shit from Walmart when I worked at one. I did bought a multi-bit screwdriver set that came with a precision driver and bits that was Ultra Steel/Ultra Tough (before they renamed it to Hyper Tough) about 5 years ago. Had some bits the I never used and they started to rust a few weeks after owning the set.
>>
>>1513247
We have no reason to switch anyway desu. Happy with Makita gear.
>>
>>1513336
There are a few USA made Hyper Tough branded tools. I forget which ones they were but it suprised me.
>>
>>1510643
Bosch table saws and miters are accurate and good quality. You see them in use at least by lots of youtube carpenters. The table saw did good on accuracy in Tool box buzz too. The tools I've had in personal use and seen in action seem to last for a long time too.

They don't have the highest power usually though but enough to to do the trick. The philosophy sort of reminds Hilti and Festool. Lots of times those are accused of being underpowered too but they are precise and last long.

All of this is about blue bosch. Green is probably horrible.
>>
>>1510776
I work for TTI and I want to swipe our brushless prototypes SO BAD REEE

also 9 AH lithium WHAT WERE THEY THINKIIIIING
>>
>>1510738
Hitachi is Hikoki now in Europe and Metabo HPT (HPT Hikoki Power Tools) in USA, btw.

Non plumbing Ridgid is AEG in europe.

I might suggests familiar brands to euros like Einhell and Parkside to around the house tier. Cocraft to chinese fleamarket.

Fein is Good drill/better than you need, probably.

Panasonic is not better than you need tier.
>>
>>1508582
Milwaukee is one of the strongest brands. Just about anybody else licenses out Dewalts gooks to make their tools. Even Klein. I think Makita is the only other of the two that hasn't changed but Milwaukee battery tech and the 12v tool like are both miles above Makita's.
>>
>>1508644
I'd say Milwaukee corners the home market on their 12v tool line far harder than makita does. Their one handed sawzall is also far more ergonomic than the Makita counter part. As far as drills go the Milwaukee has the better batteries and in my experience last longer.
>>
>>1512955
Where you from? It might be a regional thing but all the sparkies run milwaukee or makita (except the negros use dewalt), the plumbers use ryobi, and the drywallers/framers/concreters hilti down here in Texas.
>>
>>1513528
>battery tech
I think DeWalt’s Flexvolt was a pretty good marketing wank. Anybody who buys those tools seems to love them, and they aren’t cheap either.

Ridgid has those new Octane batteries. Once I finally get my hands on these tools, I’m already thinking about the 1/2” impact and the new 3.0Ah or 6.0Ah Octane batteries just so I can see what the Bluetooth is all about.

>>1513530
Milwaukee is the only company with a 12V tool line worth being anything more than some compact backup tool like the other brands.
>>
>>1513606
I wasn't expecting much from those tiny fucking 12v tools after living in the mud with the 18vs for a little under a year but honestly those things are great, light weight, and small as shit while still carrying a wallop. For post-foundation construction and anything not needing the 18v brushless impact the 12vs are an absolute joy to carry around because you don't have the hundred lb 9ah, as much as I love the thing it's just too fucking heavy.
>>
>>1513606
Either you're a samefagging tripcunt, or you're using that name to cause drama. Either way, fuck off.
>>
>>1508582
who cares, just get what works best for you, chinese internals or not.
>>
>>1513622
Yeah especially with automotive and household stuff where I only need to drive a handfull of nuts and bolts, they’re really nice with the small 2.0 battery.

First project I did after I got them got me hooked. I was able to get it between the radiator and engine and zip these long ass bolts on/off. If the 18v tools even fit, it would have been much more awkward.

I only paid $115 for the drill and impact with a 2.0 and 4.0 battery, but I still sort of regret not going Red. I think the M12 drill-impact set with 2x 2.0 batteries was $149. And then like 2 weeks later they had a sale where you could get the M12 drill, impact driver, hackzall, and a free tool or battery (would pick ratchet) for $199 and I was seriously considering being a dindu and returning the Orange and paying the extra $80 for that.

My good friend installs communications stuff and has a bunch of M18 and he keeps wanting the M12 Fuel impact driver. It’s super stubby and has as much power as most 18V tools. He didn’t think the 12V would hold up to his work until I was showing him what the Ridgid can do. That’s a perfect tool for electrical and HVAC guys who are driving small screws throughout the day and are running all around a building with their tool bag.

>>1513623
Relax bby. Have a Snickers
>>
I wanted to get a Makita lxt drill but reading lots of user comments saying the chucks wobble, anyone experience about this?
>>
>>1508644
I'd say Makita makes the best angle grinder based solely on the trigger location. I don't think I will ever understand why other brands put it up by the grind wheel.
>>
>>1513674
I know that faggot alternator and a/c compressor mounting anywhere. VW are cunts.
>>
OMFG a drill thread
Finally something new and original
>>
>>1513822
4chan
4channel
it's still the same...
>>
>>1513674
>>1513606
> I literally cannot post without telling everyone who I am
Why the fuck are you even on an anonymous image board?
>>
>>1513865
To get attention, of course. You know, like yours.
It requires lots of work and might even fail on normal forums, where hundreds of people are funnier, more intelligent, more active, etc. than you. Here it is trivially easy. It must be annoying that 4chin does not have all those nifty tools for building your online fame, though.
>>
>>1513876

pkb
>>
>>1513540
UK, and yeah I see a similar pattern here.
We work with sparkies on the regular and they always seem to use Milwaukee, where as we tend to use Makita (and often Bosch for grinders), as do almost all of the other fitters and crews that work around us on site.

Milwaukee hasn't really gained a lot of traction until not so many years ago in the UK, as it was more of an American-used brand, so I think Makita always tended to be the go-to brand for a lot of trades.

Oh, and builders round here seem often to favour Dewalt. Not sure about plumbers as I rarely see any in our game.

I think Makita are well priced and reliable, so now that everyone has Makita batteries there's just no real reason to change. We use a lot of the big 18v brushless impact wrenches in 1/2" and 3/4" and they are excellent. We work with some dirty, shitty, rusty plant as well.
>>
File: 500.jpg (66 KB, 500x398)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>1513876
> anon poster
> seeking attention
Yes faggot, this entire board is one person posting with the name anonymous, desperately trying to make a name for them self. Makes perfect sense.
>>
>>1513865
Just for you bby ;)

>>1513876
Preach it brother. All I do is post solid information about my wide selection of tools and all I get is hate. I don't get why people get so angry about not being knowledgeable. C'est' la vie.
>>
>>1513788
Grand Cherokee with the 3.7 V6

>>1513876
Kek

>>1513904
I’m legit not sure if I posted this half asleep at 2am or somebody has the same name as me.

>frog speak at the end
Ok now I’m like 70% sure it wasn’t me.
>>
>>1508593
>Chinese assembly lines aren't banned from using good parts, dude. They use whatever parts the contractor tells them to.

You've really never done any business in China, huh?

>Steel, lead, they're both metal. Chabuduo.
>>
>>1508582
HURR DURR CHINA BAD
The device you are posting from is made in China and is so much more high end, complex, and more difficult to manufacture than your damnpower tools.
Anything is made in China.
You can get both very good quality and very bad quality there. Entirely depends on what has beed contracted by a potential western company.
>>
>>1513910
>>
>>1513540
Oregon/Washington. Commercial/Retail work mainly. Theres a few in each trade that run different, the couple refer/hvac companies I use tend to run a bunch of different stuff.

I can't remember the last time I saw ryobi/rigid on a site except for maybe a radio or some one off tool
>>
>>1513921
I have seen a few cooler repair guys with Ridgid drivers lately.

DeWalt seems to dominate the average repair guy as far as I have seen. My dad did HVAC and ran DeWalt. Only people I ever see with Makita are like cabinet installers and wood working stuff.
>>
>>1513923
Also, I literally cannot stop sucking cock.
>>
>>1513925
>>
>>1513677
I've got a DHP481 (the 125Nm torque one) and it's an absolute fucking monster.
>>
Eastern Europe, all I see is blue Bosch and Makita, the former being almost a monopoly in construction.
These are pretty old school guys though, used to swear by B&D before it went to shit.
>>
>>1513528
Milwaukee seems cool, but I've been trying to avoid American products after the Orange Cheeto since he supports our enemies and attacks our institutions for no reason.
>>
>>1514054
>DHP481
that seems like kinda the high end one, I suppose it's worth the extra for the sturdiness
>>
>>1514130
Yeah trump is a little too pro israel but calling him the "orange cheeto" labels you as a sperg. Milwaukee is a good brand, letting the president get between you and some of if not the best battery tech on the market is a bit silly.
>>
>>1514255
I think it's the most powerful drill on the market atm, that is if you don't believe Hitachi's 135Nm claim.
>>
>>1514299
Drumpf is pro Russia. Why would I support American people who wish my country to disappear? You voted for that person. Euro and Japanese tools are pretty great and EU tools support our internal market.
>>
>>1508644
Kek bosch miter saws can't touch dewalt. Shit tier desu
>>
>>1515263
Sorry bro I can't vouch for Chinese made goods and plastic toys.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.