[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1461832566.png (708 KB, 873x427)
708 KB
708 KB PNG
I wanna make a hoverbike
>>
>>1508168
>meat grinder
>>
>>1508171
right?
These things are stupidly dangerous and the videos always give me sewaty hands.
>>
>>1508168
360mm EDFs coming soon anon, I'll post a kickstarter when the prototype is done. Currently bogged down with blade stress calculations.
>>
>>1510609
why are hover bikes still considered /x/?
>>
>>1508168
No you don't.
>>
>>1510639
They are expensive and gay. Jetpacks are way cooler, though you are constricted by the hose.
>>
File: tegaki.png (7 KB, 400x400)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>1508168
Then make one with a swivel to allow the front and rear props to point in different directions to stop you from endlessly rotating. This could easily be achieved with a swivel link in the forward axis between the front and rear half of the airframe, which you can probably control just by torquing your body (held by your legs on the rear half) against the handlebars (held by your hands on the front half). The problem is, to keep yourself stable and prevent it from tipping sideways you'll need to be able to provide a total torque on the entire airframe, much like you would with a bicycle, which you'll need to be able to do independently of the handlebar rotation. So perhaps hooking up the mechanical controls such that moving the handlebars from side to side like a bicycle, instead of tilting the sides up and down like a steering wheel, will be converted into a tilting of the front rotor along the forward axis. Thus it would still be possible to apply torque up and down to the handlebars to stop yourself from flipping without steering the thing. A spring-return on the handlebars would be a must.

Alongside that rotation, you'll want a way to control the thrust of the rotors, probably dependently as throttling one more than the other will cause you to rotate. Meaning your forward attitude will need to be controlled by leaning.
>>
>>1510652
its new tech, give it a chance
>>
>>1512432
Nah, it looks gay as hell, nothing will change that.
>>
>>1512495
I'd say the aesthetics are the least of your worries, both because it's the easiest thing to change and because, right now, there are people buzzing around on "hoverboards".
>>
>>1512495
Just wait until you see a column of Finnish infantry retaking Karjala on those, serkku. You will change your mind.

Karjala takaisin, perkele.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.