[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.



File: EEIe7B1UwAIH_SC.jpg (151 KB, 600x923)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
No POX spoilers yet?
Come on, don't let JDW bully you 4chan
>>
From twitter impressions, there’s a lot of sassy Sinister and one guy claimed it’s the most confusing issue yet.
>>
bump
>>
>>109933377
>Magneto with old man beard
Based
>>
No spoilers because:
- /co/ absolutely HATES the X-Men and doesn't want to read about them.
- MarLEL finally realized that absolutely NOBODY cares about Hackman's flop saga and secretly cancelled the whole franchise.
>>
>>109933747
That's not Magneto, it's North, from the future timeline scenes.
>>
>>109933444
>sassy Sinister
Been waiting for Sinister, hyped
>>
bump
>>
>>109933444
>>109933833
What's with /co/ and Mr. Sinister?
>>
>>109933833
based

secret wars sinister was nice
>>
>>109934798
gillen ran sinister into the ground, and hickman's sinister is a breath of fresh air

sinister in general is best when he's a full blown asshat who is a deep down coward
>>
>>109934798
who doesn't like sinister?
>>
>>109934831
Wasn't Gillen Sinister baically an incel?
>>
>>109934902
but still obsessed with jean yes

i think there was a femsinister too but i just blocked out that whole run
>>
>>109933827
>That's not Magneto, it's North
>Magnetic North
Based
>>
Jordan White casually browsing 4channel while Leah Williams licks his butthole
>>
>>109935520
He scared everybody on reddit, CBR and everywhere else. 4chan is like the only place he can't molest anybody
>>
>>109933377
>No POX spoilers yet?
The spoilers came from a reddit user that has ben banned since HOX 4
>>
>>109935628
and you can't criticize any current X-men book without retards jumping in your mentions to defend it
>>
>>109935955
Hickmans run has its problems, but they can be overlooked as the plot develops.
For example, every desicion made in HoXPoX has been fucking retarded, simply because they use the worst possible lineups to do what the plot needs to. And whoever is capable, he/she jobs HARD bcause the plot demands it.
>Toad hacking stuff, instead of literally anyone else who can hack or even technopaths
> Sabretooth of all people for a fucking stealth infiltration mission
> Jean jobs and is only used as a living cb with the team on Earth, cant even do it alone]
> suicide mission with only kurt as a teleporter, instead of a better one like Magik
And so on, and so on. But hey, at least the story is interesting. That is until everyone gets let down at the end, because dont get me wrong, whatever you think its going to happen, its gonna be a lot lamer, thats how his runs go.
>>
>>109934833
Most people with taste in character design and/or a distaste for Summer/Grey wank.
>>
>>109934902
Fuck gillen and anything he wrote that isn’t JiM.
>>
>>109936203
>> Sabretooth of all people for a fucking stealth infiltration mission
The same Vic who's been on a black ops team before?
>>
>>109935955
Everybody acted like a complete retard on HOX #4.
>>
>>109933377
Spoiler: it's shit.
>>
I don't care for the mutants, I'm rooting for the humans/ machines.
>>
>>109936203
>Hickmans run has its problems, but they can be overlooked as the plot develops.
Hickman's run has the same problem as every other Hickman story: he's not as smart or clever as he thinks he is and greatly overestimates his abilities as a writer. He tries to tell grand sweeping epics with lots of characters but because there's so many characters barely any of them get anything more than one-note characterization as he tries to unsatisfactorily tie his two dozen plot threads together in an ending that involves some kind of cosmic threat and ancient conspiracy before coming to a wet fart conclusion.

The only character that actually gets characterized too is the super smart one who will basically be well meaning but pragmatic to the point of amoral in trying to achieve his utopian and/or forward thinking goals drawing ire from others around him who may or may not recognize his genius but view him as insufferable all the same, a small price for the genius to pay to ensure the perfect future he's envisioned comes to pass. Because again Hickman believes he's more clever and smart than he actually is so these characters (Reed and Doom in one form or another usually) are essentially his self-insert.
>>
When will these assholes tell which Pyro they are using and if it is St. John, is he, God willing, still straight?
>>
>>109937985
Though of course because this is X-Men the role of Reed and Doom this time around are played loosely by Xavier and Moira, the latter of who is basically Moira in name only to justify shoving her into that role because Hickman is seemingly incapable of doing anything else.
>>
>>109937985
You’re wrong on so many levels. Hickman’s biggest problem is that he doesn’t care about characters and characterization. He is a world building first plot second character don’t matter as long as the first two is good type of guy.
>>
>>109938111
Which may be perceived as him characterfagging when he is really not. He treats all his OCs like disposables. If you want a real characterfag write look no further than Bendis.
>>
>>109936203
The weird team builds really stands out after the clusterfuck suicide mission, it's becoming something so obviously weird you start to wonder if you're playing yourself wondering if it's intentional

>create scenario where you have access to all X-Men characters for your plots, no restrictions in or out of universe
>don't use the characters best suited for the plots in-universe

There isn't even really much out of universe reason to use half of them, apart from wondering if it's intentional...you actually can't tell if it's good writing or bad writing
FUCKING HICKMAN
>>
>>109938055
Are x-fags really mad about the Moira retcon?
>>
>>109933774
I haven't read X-Men since Battle of the Atom, when I decided I just couldn't handle Bendis any longer and I'm loving Hickman's CHARTS.
>>
I bet that faggot Sinister will clone everybody
>>
Flashback: Xavier and Magneto travel to Sinister's island and offer Mister Sinister access to all available mutant DNA if he agrees to properly catalog it. Xavier wipes Sinister's memory of this encounter and programs him to remember it when he has need of him. Info dump pages reveal that Sinister's mutant gene is John Proudstar's DNA. I'm not really sure when this happens...it's suggested that it's pre-Inferno but Xavier is in his 90s floating yellow pod. Sinister has ten secrets...it's suggested that his last secret is that he's been playing Xavier all along. Bad things about to happen...but I guess the X-Men are all Sinister clones now?

Flashback to months ago...Xavier takes Cipher to Krakoa. Krakoa was originally a giant island named Okkara. The land fractured at some point and became two beings...Arakko and Krakoa...bad things came out of the chasm and Apocalypse came with his original four horsemen and the 4 horsemen went into the chasm to seal it.

Xavier then reveals everything to Cipher...Cipher stays behind to build the Krakoan language and prepare everything for the X-Men's arrival.

The issue ends with the Year 1,000
>>
>>109940023
>Flashback: Xavier and Magneto travel to Sinister's island and offer Mister Sinister access to all available mutant DNA if he agrees to properly catalog it.
That ain't gonna end well.
>>
>>109940023
>Sinister has ten secrets...it's suggested that his last secret is that he's been playing Xavier all along.
Anons have been calling it since the first issue.
>>
>>109940198
well it could be playing in the sense that he is roleplaying xavier or it could be playing in the colloquial sense of he's got some secret underlying plan that relates to his deal with xavier and he plans on hitting the x-men hard
>>
>>109936203
xavier is playing the con

sabretooth was a patsy to show humans that their jurisdictions mean absolute shit to the new mutant race

jean jobbing might because xavier sees only the ideal version of his students and they could be the pod people from the first issue, scott as the true believer, jean as the naive telepath. it could also explain why scott brought kurt instead of magik

the story isn't finished yet so i'll wait to pass judgement
>>
>>109936203
> Sabretooth of all people for a fucking stealth infiltration mission
To be fair, it's Sabretooth. Even if he gets caught, he could still cut his way out of there.
>>
>>109940198
this was being called because sinister gonna sinister but hickman already revealed it in one of the earlier PoX issues

sinister betrays the mutants in the X^2 timeline, goes to the machines thinking he'll be welcomed and is promptly executed in public, maximum kekimus
>>
>>109934831
>gillen ran sinister into the ground

Gillen's Sinister was the breath of fresh air and revitalized the character after years of ideas that didn't really pan out.
>>
>>109938996

I feel the Moira retcon is dumb simply because it refuced her to a plot device gimmick for launching Hickman's transhumanism and singularity story. There's no real development or interest in her as a character, she's just there to function as a story beat.
>>
>>109940448
He turned Sinister into some weird guy with a fixation on himself, loathed him with hate for women except for Jean or Maddeleine.
>>
>>109940500
Yes, and it was the most fun and interesting take on the character for over a decade, unlike Miss Sinister which just threw Sinister into a woman's body who wore a corset and skimpy clothing and that was about it.
>>
>>109940023
>Sinister's mutant gene is John Proudstar's DNA
Wait, what? Proudstar's power is superstrength. Sinister is some kind of immortal psychic made of shapeshifter goo, isn't he?
>>
>>109940597
Also I thought Apocalypse turned Sinister into an artificial-mutant in, like, the late 1800's or some shit, way before fuckin' Thunderbird was born.
>>
>>109940616
Maybe Hickman is trying to do some kind of a weird thematic tie-in with Giant Sized X-Men by having Sinister be Thunderbird's ancestor or Thunderbird was his sleeper agent who ended up being killed before being activated, just to have it mirror Sinister's betrayal in Hickman's own story.
>>
>>109933774
I don’t even like the X-Men and I can tell you

>nobody CARES

Is wrong because of how many replies I’ve seen in HoX threads. Chartposting offsets actual disinterest in muggas, it seems
>>
>>109933377
Doug talks to Krakoa
>>
>>109940567
Miss Sinister is not just another Sinister clone, is a woman who wasn't turned into a complete Sinister clone so she is half Sinister half a shitty concept..
>>
>>109940952
Initially she was meant to be just a sex swap Sinister, like Fem-Loki, but they walked it back but still decided to keep her as a separate character.
>>
>>109938480
It doesn't make sense if you think about it like that, but it's always been the way it is. The comics, cartoons, movies, always use the most known and popular characters over ones who might be better suited for the role.
>>
Reddit anon got around to posting more spoilers.
>Flashback: Xavier and Magneto travel to Sinister's island and offer Mister Sinister access to all available mutant DNA if he agrees to properly catalog it. Xavier wipes Sinister's memory of this encounter and programs him to remember it when he has need of him. Info dump pages reveal that Sinister's mutant gene is John Proudstar's DNA. I'm not really sure when this happens...it's suggested that it's pre-Inferno but Xavier is in his 90s floating yellow pod. Sinister has ten secrets...it's suggested that his last secret is that he's been playing Xavier all along. Bad things about to happen...but I guess the X-Men are all Sinister clones now?
>Flashback to months ago...Xavier takes Cipher to Krakoa. Krakoa was originally a giant island named Okkara. The land fractured at some point and became two beings...Arakko and Krakoa...bad things came out of the chasm and Apocalypse came with his original four horsemen and the 4 horsemen went into the chasm to seal it.
>Xavier then reveals everything to Cipher...Cipher stays behind to build the Krakoan language and prepare everything for the X-Men's arrival.
>The issue ends with the Year 1,000 stuff...but I did not really understand it. Need to read it again.

The Sinister shit is just weird. Like... why John?
>>
>>109941943
orange pod
>>
>>109942036
What?
>>
>>109942036
Gold pod
>>
>>109942036
Olympic Gold pod
>>
>>109934831
>and hickman's sinister is a breath of fresh air
You say that when we haven't seen him at all, and at least Gillen understand that nobody trusts Sinister. Something Hickman doesn't seem to understand
'>>109934902
No, what the hell gave you that impression?
>>
>>109942415
>Something Hickman doesn't seem to understand
Ah. In the make shit up phase of discourse, are we?
>>
>>109942446
A future where Sinister starts up a colony and people are willingly flocking to it is a future where everyone seems to forget that Sinister is not to be trusted.
>>
File: 69b.png (169 KB, 540x451)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
>>109941943
Those info dump pages make no fucking sense.
In 1859, Apocalypse gave then human Essex generic super strength and presumably longevity, while turning his skin white and stamping that diamond on his forehead for whatever reason. At the same time, the existence of mutants was confirmed to him by Apocalypse and the time traveling duo Scott and Jean.
A few decades later, he ran into time traveling Gambit and his shapeshifter friend. Sinister was using make up at the time to pass for human. Gambit's friend is how he acquired his first mutant DNA sample and incorporated it into his own. From there, he just collected mutant DNA and added the ones he liked to his own.
So uh, yeh, this makes no fucking sense given the long history of the character, and is an incredibly dumb thing to retcon.
I'm salty.
>>
>>109942461
C’mon bro. I know you can do better in pretending like you actually read the comics.

Hickman established that the reason the mintiest turned to Sinister was because they were on the verge of extinction and their leadership was almost all dead or missing. Hickman even threw in the implication that Sinister had been manipulating events and caused the mutant leadership’s deaths/disappearance to get the motors to turn to him.

Furthermore, this is a timeline where Apocalypse enslaved Sinister early on. So it’s completely in line with Poccy to tell Sinister to start up the breeding pits.

You have to be an utter retard to think they just flocked to him like mindless sheep, ignoring the context of that timeline.
>>
>>109942501
If a redditor said it, it must be true.
>>
>>109942527
Every leak has been spot on so far
>>
>>109942521
>minties
>motors
Apparently autocorrect hates muties
>>
>>109942551
¨Nimrod is coming.
>>
The more I read of Hickmen's X-Men, the more I'm rooting for the machines. They're the obvious next step in human evolution, and the only ones capable of breaking the neverending self-destructive cycle of human/mutant conflict.
>>
>>109942642
To be fair, the machines are no better. They literally do the same shit, in the end. That’s the point of the Phalanx, they just exist to destroy and consume.
>>
>>109942642
>Machines
>Next step in human revolution
Filthy robotic scum, stay out of my pure body.
>>
>>109942642
>They're the obvious next step in human evolution
>the fucking robots
Umh.
>>
>>109942642
#teamtrask
>>
>>109941943
>>109940023
Warpath is gonna be pissed.
>>
>>109941943
To be specific, Sinister's last 'secret' is that he's apparently had a brainwashed mutant in Xavier's ranks 'before the game even began being played', a majority of the other secrets mentioned allude to Logan, Scott, Scott's extended family, Jean, and Madelyne Pryor, so it's up in the air who he's talking about.. Everything else is pretty much correct.
>>
>>109943002
Nate Grey news ?
>>
>>109943013
Nothing outside of one of the secrets clearly alluding to the Logan/Jean/Scott love triangle with the latter described as 'a married couple with a child'. Vulcan is referenced in another one.
>>
>>109943029
>e latter described as 'a married couple with a child'
616 nate grey.
>>
>>109933774
This will be my final pasta on /co/
>>
>>109943057
So... Cable.
>>
>>109943073
>Cable.
Maddies son says sinister.
Nate grey is jeans son.
>>
>>109943073
Jean is not really his mother,
>>
>>109943112
Not really Nate's mother either. And not really Rachel's mother, as thats an alternate future Jean.

So... yeah.
>>
>>109943149
616 nate grey is her son.
>>
>>109943057
>>109943164
Have I missed some story where another Nate Grey was introduced? Because as far as I know the only Nate Grey in the 616 is the clone from Age of Apocalypse who fused with an alternate universe version of himself.
>>
>>109943196
Age of Apocalypse Nate grey is616 Nate grey
>>
>>109943232
Thats what I thought. And he's not Jean's son.

So either I'm being trolled, these posters are complete morons, or there's some story I'm missing.
>>
>>109943261
...Thats not even a coherent sentence. Its just gibberish, my dude.
>>
>>109943278
Oh. The son thing is from this comic. Gotcha.
>>
>>109943250
616 Nate grey is 616 Jeans son says Sinister.
>>
>>109943288
>Oh. The son thing is from this comic.
Yup.
>>
where is my nigga Stryfe in any of these futures
>>
>>109943307
I must have brain farted when I read >>109943029. I read it as not being clear who the child was. Thought maybe Hickman was introducing a pregnancy plot or some shit.

That said, it is weird that Nate is considered their child, but not Nathan or Rachel. I can see Nathan being disregarded by Sinister because he was behind Madelyne and Nathan being born to begin with. But Rachel has more claim to being Scott/Jean's kid than Nate does.


Also. I guess this means Nate is back from his happy, happy fun times with not-Magneto in lala-land? Wonder how bad he's going to be raped by writers this time.
>>
>>109943353
>I read it as not being clear who the child was
It isn't. The farthest they go in describing them is "She's married with a kid". Re-reading it I'm also not sure if they're implying that Jean's having an affair with Logan and Cyclops is aware, but does nothing about it since he's "up to much the same, and more"
>>
>>109943390
>That spoiler
Uh... lets hope Hickman isn't going full retard like that. Unless its a sympton of them being clones and they're degenerating or some shit.
>>
>>109943326
He comes from a very specific future, Cable's post-apocalyptic future.
>>
>>109943057
Havok and Wasp
>>
>>109943353
>I guess this means Nate is back from his happy,
AOX is a clone not our Nate grey.
>>
>>109943727
Man, I'd be real happy if thats true. Like goddamn, that shit needs to be retconned hard because Nate was a retarded fucking lunatic in AoXman.
>>
>>109934831
>gillen ran sinister into the ground
Gillen made Sinister more badass and glorious in 3 issues than his entire character in the past 30 years, and Hickman's take on it a direct continuation of that.

I love it and I'm here for it
>>
This guy is posting panels. Not gonna read them, you go and do it. https://twitter.com/LukaNieto/status/1171762095551123464?s=19
>>
>>109938019
That was an alternative life of morias. It doesn't matter which he was and he is gone now. He showed up just long enough to burn moria once. Since this life will also end and dump into 616 it doesn't matter.
>>
>>109944397
>Since this life will also end and dump into 616 it doesn't matter.
Oh. You're one of those morons.
>>
>>109944397
Oh God can you imagine what Sinister would do with Moira's juice.
Shit.
>>
>>109940391
Thought that was the previous life. Moria already died there. Unless we assume she is mlm mostly doing a repeat this time.
>>
>>109933377
> JDW
Literally what? Did I miss something?
>>
>>109944938
Editor of the X-books. Jordan D. White.
>>
>>109944981
Thought it was Jesus the Divine Word for a moment.
>>
>>109945152
lmao
>>
>>109944981
I knew who Jordan White was but it's like the second or third time I saw the acronym and I had no clue who you guys meant. I kept thinking "well is is Hickman? But Hickman doesn't have a DW..."
>>
File: ErnstIsCassandraNova.jpg (24 KB, 330x237)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>109943002
>>109943013

it seems that one of the secrets is about a Progerian mutant

the disease that makes young people look very old , search progerian in google images
it's probably about Ernst, who is actually Cassandra Nova's mindwiped mummudrai in the synthetic body of the Shi Ar shapeshifter that had infiltrated the school to date one of the cuckoos

In Adamantium Agenda some months ago, the avengers destroy a Catalog of Sinister of all mutant DNA, and discover the XMen have a mutant that isnt a real mutant. That is probably Ernst. She isnt a mutant. No xgene. Synthetic body and Mummudrai Soul.
>>
File: 14.jpg (867 KB, 1074x1650)
867 KB
867 KB JPG
>>109945214
now not for ants
>>
>>109944426
there's no reason to think that there aren't certain constants

such as sinister betraying everybody when put into a similar situation with access to mutant data, alliance with xavier, etc

it's his nature
>>
>>109945214
>>109945269
Completely forgot that Nova was Ernst.
>>
>>109944397
>moria
Last time I saw him he was surrounded by the Blackbeard Pirates.
Does this mean Hachinosu is Krakoa?
>>
>>109945214
I'm not saying you are wrong, especially since synthetics are involved, but isn't her whole schtick that she has Charles' full genetic potential? That gives her access not just to his powerset but any other powers he has or had the potential to develop. Is she cut off from that now?
>>
File: 19.jpg (454 KB, 1074x1650)
454 KB
454 KB JPG
>>109945713

we would have to ask Morrison what powers Cassandra Nova Xavier has.
I think she doesnt use telepathy in Here Comes Tomorrow. She uses Martha for telepathy, but we do see her shapeshifting her hand in that Panel.

She probably has something like a superbrain that can see DNA, remember how she copied the DNA of the Trask relative before killing him.
And before in Here Comes Tomorrow she is making deductions based on the patterns of birds iirc
>>
>>109945816
For fucks sake, she's Charles Xavier's twin sister that he aborted with his mind but she finished gestating in the sewer anyway. That's fine, however, because she's an alien tulpa ghost. I don't think I want to know how she's supposed to make sense.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.