[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

This ending was good. We all knew Jack was going to go back to the past and defeat Aku, no one knew he was going to lose something so close to himself.
>>
>>107022989
The ending was shit, jack deserved better then a straight up bad end, fuck you
>>
>>107023020
>straight up bad end,
What
>>
>>107022989
>no one knew he was going to lose something so close to himself

Ugh...he lost all his friends from the future! NO ONE WILL RECOGNIZE HIM AS THE AKU SLAYER! NOBODY!
>>
>>107023039
>NO ONE WILL RECOGNIZE HIM AS THE AKU SLAYER! NOBODY!
Except all his friends from the past
>>
So umm.... How was Jack able to stay in the past if it requires Ashi to return to the past? I mean Jack kills Aku, which in turn makes it so Ashi never existed but then if that's the case how did Jack stay in the past? Because if Ashi never existed, jack couldn't return to the past. But if Jack could never return to the past then Ashi would have existed for Jack to return to the past and kill Aku. But wait then that means Ashi can't exist.......
>>
>>107023020
It was a bittersweet end. Ashi simply got merged into a new timeline where her mother did not have sex by drinking black oil. If she exists shes a completely different person just like every single other still existing future friend of Jack.
>>
>>107022989
Post the edit.
>>
>no one knew he was going to lose something so close to himself.
He literally lost the Scotsman
>B-but Ashi! Muh romance!
Scotsman was a better friend to Jack than Ashi was ever a girlfriend.
>>
>>107022989
This ending was gay and too boring as the ending of Samurai Jack.
>>
>>107023063
That's true.
>>
File: Ashi1.jpg (462 KB, 719x1280)
462 KB
462 KB JPG
>>107023063
But then Scotsman was already technically dead by that point. So Jack basically lost him twice.
>>
>>107023020
>The evil of aku was defeated and the dark timeline he would have caused is erased
>Bad End

That's like saying Terminator 2 had a bad ending because the robot that would be like John's father would no longer be invented is bad.
>>
>>107023039
>implying his name would not be cemented in all of history as the man who killed the ultimate evil
>implying he didn't also probably influence the world in recreating future technology and be known throughout the world for it.
>>
>>107022989
>Ending where the hero erases countless innocent people and species from existence and only gives a shit about his waifu disappearing.
>Good
>>
>>107023147
>this

Fuck everyone that loved the ending.
>>
>>107022989
>I only wanted to get my dick wet for someone that I barely know
>she still dies
>kills off all his friends from the future

>good ending
>>
>>107023063
>>107023147
>>107023175
>>107023185
Scotsman would've wanted Jack to save everyone (trillions of people) that Aku killed and enslaved. People focus on the future people but Jack did have friends in the past and Aku murdered them or made them slaves and he would had done this to many more people. The future timeline was also totally fucked even without Aku, there was no way that Jack could've saved the entire galaxy that Aku had ruined unless he had gone to the past and stopped it from ever happening.
>>
>>107023056
You could think of it as multiverse theory, where influences from the past cause branching parallel timelines (like DBZ),
Or while there are fixed moments in history that cannot or should not be changed, timelines are actually fluid and can be influenced (like Doctor Who).
>>
>>107023192
>Jack did have friends in the past
>Implying dead people are actually that important enough to sacrifice the existence of countless innocents.
>>
>>107023185
>Sung for years "Gotta get back, back to the past, Samurai Jack"
>Show actually does it
>"It wasn't meant to be like this. He wasn't supposed to get back to the past!"
>>
>>107022989
Gurren Lagann did it better honestly.
I actually cared about Nia, while I had no strong feelings one way or the other about Sushi or whatever her name was.
>>
>>107023265
I can literally never watch that show again. the only artistic medium to make me almost physically feel adversion to watching something - outside of gross shit.
>>
>>107023239
Pretending to be retarded is still you posted retarded shit.
Shit like how 3 dogs and a bunch of Scottish people are worth allowing several thousands of years worth of raping/pillaging/enslavement.
>>
>>107022989
Jack saving those monks instead of using the time portal invalidates his eventual success. Ashi was such a waste of time. Fitting she's voiced by Tara Strong.
>>
>>107023265
>Gurren Lagann did it better honestly.
Better, but not well. Honestly the "wiped from existence after everything is resolved" cliche was stupid in the first place and every fucking time I see it it just feels cheap and lazy. You can do a similar but more interesting thing with offset from existence endings and IMHO they tend to work a hell of a lot better.

Compare and contrast the ending to TTGL and the ending to Lain.
>>
>>107023265
Also the factor that you actually felt accomplished at end, seeing Simon and other's actions genuinely did make their world a better place.
Even Simon himself wasn't that bothered and decided to go around the world planting flowers for his dead waifu.
>>
>>107023263
Because everyone knew that a better ending would have been for Jack to live for the future rather than obsess over the past.
>>
>>107023263
>>107023192
>Gotta get back to the past
>Oh! At last I can go to the past! And save humankind from Aku!
>Wait, fuck saving humankind and trillions o people, I have to save these two dudes I just met yesterday and that won't exist anyways after I change the future.

This is why the ending is bad and retarded, through the series there were several times were Jack could had gone back and wasted them to save some random people of the future. After all that it feels totally pointless if they weren't going to exist anyways.

Im tired of saying this but we have time magic fuckery, they could had made so there were two parallel timelines, a better ending will be Jack coming to realize that even if he travels back to the past and banish Aku, the timeline were Aku's reigns will still exist, so a final epic fight against future Aku with all the allies he gathered before he travels back to the past with Ashi, there, it makes all the time Jack spent saving people in the future worth it while also giving him the chance to go back and fix things.
>>
>>107023420
>ror screw all those people who died in the wake of Aku
>>
>>107023214
>multiverse theory
Wow so Jack still fails to save the world.
Multiverse theory is the stupidest bullshit and has never been done effectively in and narrative.
>>
>>107023442
Exactly. Why bother trying to bring back dead people over the existence of countless living ones?
>>
>>107022989
>Go back to the past
>kill the reason you out-of-the-ass girlfriend exists
>She takes like 2 weeks to disappear
Ending was bullshit, made no sense. Final season was shit beyond the first 3 episodes.
>>
>>107023500
because the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few
>>
>>107022989
I agree.

But this artist made a better ending.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoiVETkVvnQ
>>
>>107022989
>lose something so close to himself
Lose a character that was introduced a few episodes before dying?
>>
No one in this thread knows how timelines work.
>going back to kill Aku somehow kills MUB YRILLIUMS of people I’m the future.
>forgetting a timeline exists where these people will love happy normal lives without the oppression of Aku.

Big fucking think.
>>
>>107023542
>"GOTTA GET BACK, BACK TO THE PAST, SAMURAI JACK" every episode
>Goes back to the past
>Fans: "NO, JACK, WHY ARE YOU GOING BACK TO THE PAST, T-THOSE TWO MONKS YOU SAVED...!"
>>
>>107023434
Jack spending time saving people was worth it because it allowed him to go back to the past.
>>
>>107023461
>Multiverse theory is the stupidest bullshit and has never been done effectively in and narrative.
Incorrect. Multiverse theory works just fine in tons of narratives. Where it doesn't work is in narratives where someone goes back in time to save the world since effectively they're just creating a new timeline to run away to.

Example: Tenchi is a multiverse. It almost never comes up outside of Duel though and doesn't ruin anything. In fact, Tenchi being the literal incarnation of the supreme being of the multiverse is why he gets all the bitches.
>>
The ending itself is fine, but Ashi is a major point of contention and her suddenly realizing she has powers kind of robs Jack's win of any real weight. Either he should've stayed in the future and made the best of it or found another way to go back to the past.
>>
>>107023567
I think most people were under the impression that he would save the future, then go back to his own time in a branched off timeline where he would kill Aku early. You know, like in Zelda.
>>
>>107023594
>The ending itself is fine
It's really fucking not because he passed on going back before the final season. If everything was getting retconned anyway, that was stupid as fuck.
>>
If you REALLY want to pick apart the ending, why didn't Aku just burp up a portal like his daughter did? Their powers come from the same place, do they not?
Did he just assume everything would be fine and then a few seconds later he gets bisected and explodes like Dio because the changed timeline catches up with him?
>>
>>107023542
>forgetting a timeline exists where these people will love happy normal lives without the oppression of Aku.
Given the butterfly effect of removing the planet's evil overlord form existence and given how far into the future Jack went, I'm comfortable saying literally none of those people will ever be born. And even if by some miracle some genetically identical people are born, without delving into the metaphysical rules of that universe, which the series didn't do, you couldn't say that's actually the same person and not simply a time clone.
>>
>>107023614
>>107023614
Genndy is probably not a time travel afficionado so he was just working on the one timeline idea.

It's not like Jack could've saved the future though, Aku's reach expanded to the intergalactic scale meaning there's countless planets just being ran the Aku Way (tm) and there's nothing Jack can do to stop it besides going to the past. Aku could've had some backups as well and there's no reason they'd all be localized on Earth.
>>
>>107023567
>Fans: Why the fuck did you wasted your time saving those monks if you were going to change their future anyways?

FTFY
>>
>>107023881
Is Jack’s general hesitance to escape when people are in trouble directly addressed by him being forcibly shoved into the past in the middle of a big battle before he can even process what’s going on?
>>
File: 1549882108400.jpg (6 KB, 266x189)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>107022989
>Keep claiming season 5 was good

>>107023020
>>107023029
>>107023082
>liking Trashi

>>107023063
Based, but like almost everything in this shit tier season it was handled poorly.
>>
File: Fuck you Genndy.png (1.07 MB, 1914x352)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
Today I will remind them
>>
>>107024221
I’m pretty sure there’s more consent in the later one
>>
>>107022989
The ending was dogshit.
>>
>>107024764
>intelligent species that stand on two legs and can fight like that
>years of slavery while being ridden
>being used as fucking riding animals again when they can fight and the monks can ride something else
Your consent argument is retarded

>>107026402
>The season was dogshit
FIFY
>>
Lulu...
>>
>The ending was good
If it was you wouldn't have to justify it by making these threads
>>
>>107023057
This is the actual ending I want.

>Ashi doesn't go back in time
>gets a happy alternate future along with the Scotsman, her sisters (and maybe mother), and the people who died
>both of them are shown in a field with ladybugs at the end thinking about the other

There was no need to build her up the whole season just to kill her. It felt like Genndy threw her away at the last second for cheap drama.
>>
>>107023434
>implying

You do know that in the final battle, everyone is going to die against Aku? Right? We all saw how it was going to end, he was gonna kill all his friends unless he traveled back to the past.
>>
The whole bullshit of "boo hoo jack erased the cool friends he made in the future during the process of stopping thousands of years of enslavement, pain, pillaging and other horrible things being done both to earth and multiple alien species, he is more evil than aku now" by showing a glimpse of the better future created by jack's actions in the past.

That or you can just shut up and consider the comics' ending canon instead.
>>
>>107027718
One last thing, it was either him watching them all die, or go back and save them.
>>
>>107022989
In fact that ending made of Jack a character without much progress. (when you take in count the original show)
>>
File: jack_.png (351 KB, 674x348)
351 KB
351 KB PNG
>>107022989
>>
>>107022989
The ending was conceptually good, but dissapointing in execution considering what the whole series was. After the first three episodes there wasn't any more action, it was just rushed.
>>
It wasn't my ideal ending, but I could live with it if it wasn't so rushed. If it had just ONE more episode to let the battle breathe...

But overall, I still enjoyed season 5. It just tripped at the finish line.
>>
File: 1495337814398.png (250 KB, 625x340)
250 KB
250 KB PNG
>>107022989
>>107027795
>>
>>107027933
I understand that we never have the ending that we want, but Jack's ending is not a bittersweet ending, it's gonna be a tragedy, and there is a big problem because Jack lose any possible progress of character when he is separated of his girlfriend, the kind of anon around /co/ has developed a hate for the romantic bad ends because it has been used many times lately.

Now let's imagine that the beginning of the season 5 was very bad instead of the glorious beginning that we had, anyone on /co/ wouldn't have watched the rest, in fact they more likely would have discarded it from the very beginning. (particularly if they hear something similar to Bubblegum's case)
>>
>>107022989
It as bad and it was rushed.
>>
>>107023542
That's true. I wish the show made some attempt to show that this was indeed the case. A flash forward where we see versions of all the faces Jack met in his journey living out better lives free from Aku's influence. And maybe even some small sign of Jack's legacy left behind for the world to appreciate a thousand years in the future.
>>
>>107022989
He knew her for like a few weeks, then they just decide they're destined for each other and get married. What a crock.
>>
File: The_blind_archers.jpg (51 KB, 400x300)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>107022989
The ending basically invalidates the episode with the blind archers. It shows that Jack 100% made the wrong choice in that episode, because they ended up getting blinked out of existence anyways. He should've just used their fucking portal, it would've had the same result as the ending and it would've saved him 50 years of anguish.
>>
>>107022989
He killed trillions.
>>
>>107029024
>He should've just used their fucking portal, it would've had the same result as the ending and it would've saved him 50 years of anguish.
Uh huh. The cursed portal that corrupted not only their wish but their bodies. That portal.
>>
>>107022989
>no one knew he was going to lose something so close to himself.
I knew it.
The second in the first episode of season 5, where they show toddler Ashi looking out into nature, that single moment spelled out the entire rest of the season for any retard with basic pattern recognition ability.
>>
No matter how much you autists praise an anime rip off you'll never be /a/.
>>
>>107022989
Jack going back wasn't what was bad. What was bad was how it practically ripped out of Gurren Lagann.
>>
>>107026592
They're not being ridden by the archers. They're wielding the archers.
>>
File: 9335764343.jpg (53 KB, 1280x720)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>107022989
>This ending was good.

While I like the idea of a sad ending for the hero, it was ultimately shit because it destroys the rest of the series. Wiping out the future instead of fracturing the timeline made the entire thing feel pointless, and made the most kino of the original episodes not make any sense now. All the setup for the finale was thrown out for a love story, because the creator thought that was the "mature thing to do, when we were promised something a lot more climatic and engaging.
>>
File: samurai jack timeline.png (21 KB, 800x600)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>107022989
>>
File: jack tree.png (1.73 MB, 1920x1080)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB PNG
>>107022989
For wallpaper purposes.
>>
>>107023056
Time has lost it's effect on Jack.
>>
>>107029024
It wasn't a portal. It was a trap made by Aku that corrupts people for the lulz.
>>
>>107027627
Sounds a lot better. Really, the amount of ending ideas that I've read on /co/ since the finale aired is astounding. No idea what the fuck happened in that writers room.
>>
Maybe they should have done something like following the explosion after Aku's death with Jack appearing in a white void with all the people from the future congratulating him and saying good-bye before fading away.
>>
>>107023057
>Ashi gives Jack the sword
>Jack fights Aku and defeats him
>Everyone celebrates their victory
>it feels bittersweet for Jack, because he still cant go back
>Ashi realizes that, if Aku can open portals in time, maybe she can too
>uses the last of her Aku power to open one, tells Jack it wont be open for long
>Jack is hesitant, because this could very well change the fates of everyone here
>they all still encourage him to go and tell him that they'll all still exist, but in a better future
>Jack says his emotional goodbyes to everyone and leaves
>Jack goes back and defeats Aku again in the past
>Still feels bittersweet for Jack, but he sees the ladybug by the tree and smiles, knowing he saved the world

There, I fixed the ending.
>>
>>107022989
>Destroying the magic fountain to free the archers and make sure it never curses anyone again
>Staying behind to fight the Aku droids while the astronauts fled the planet, even though the odds if then being killed if he didn't was ridiculously low
>S=Fleeing the temple after fighting the stone guards to save his fellow Shaolin monks

Are there any other episodes the finale just shits all over?
>>
File: Samurai Jack attack.gif (996 KB, 320x240)
996 KB
996 KB GIF
>>107022989
I'm just annoyed that we're back to square fucking one, like everyone Jack met and made better doesn't matter anymore. It's a stronger message to say that one should work for a better future, not obsess over the past. Also the LEAST the gods could have done for Jack is make him a new Ashi with magic
>>
>>107023056
Because Jack is back where he should be, cosmically speaking. He wasn't aging in The Future That Is Aku.

Ashi put him back in his native timeline, he's back where he should be.
>>
>>107032004
The guy spent 50 years in the future. The gods should've sent him back to the future after he made amends with his present day companions and family. There he would've met versions of the friends he made living in a better society without Aku. And also inexplicably have Ashi and her family living normal lives. Maybe this Ashi remembers Jack, having phased back to her original time period rather than completely disappearing from existence.
>>
>>107022989
It was a bad end simply because Aku was defeated. More uninspired everything is hunky until “SURPRISE! It isn’t!” Ending
>>
>>107022989

Fuck the past. All the characters we got attached to died. Ending was shit.
>>
>>107023057

Would've been nice if that's what we got. But it wasn't.
>>
>>107031980
Those episodes just reiterated that Jack is an idiot who cannot cope with the idea of NOT saving everyone he can at any moment. What the finale really fucked up was Ashi forcibly dumping Jack back to the past when it was clear that the future folk needed his help right then and there.
>>
>>107022989
>>
>>107032754
What? How is the ultimate evil being defeated a bad ending?
>>
>>107023420
That's more selfish to be honest, having a chance to undo thousands of years of horror and genocide across the entire universe, but not doing cause a couple people you like in the future MIGHT not be born.
>>
>>107023525
Not that anon but wouldn't there be many more in the future?
>>
>>107022989
>this ending
>good

Some dumb bitch he knew for all of a handful of days made a snap decision to bring him back to the past which killed not only herself but everyone he ever saved, all his friends and literally an entire timeline. Nothing about this was good in any sense
>>
>>107022989
HE'S GONNA TAKE YOU BACK TO THE PAST
>>
>>107031567
All we needed was a 30 second montage of everyone fron the future living happy lifes. Going for the "bittersweet" artistic ending just ended up ruining everything.
>>
File: Call HateOneOne.png (544 KB, 735x571)
544 KB
544 KB PNG
>>107022989
>This ending was good.
You mean Jack committing omnicide killing more people than Aku could ever dream of, and while potentially creating a better future, maybe writing a worse one? Most like he wrote entire species out of existence and is guaranteed to have written out billions or trillions of lives because it wasn't the way he wanted, because it wasn't the way his backwards culture started.

Fuck Jack, change happens, irresponsible time-hopping motherfucker.
>>
>>107034155
>a couple people you like in the future MIGHT not be born
The entire history of their lives would be different. Even if they had the same genes, they would be different people. Identical twins are not the same people, after all. And keep in mind that Samurai Jack is a setting that has afterlives. The Scotsman was chilling as a ghost, but now he's been unmade as if he never existed.
>>
>>107032013
Just admit it was a plot hole you sperg
>>
File: Beldar.jpg (10 KB, 197x255)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
Where were those cocksucking gods that killed 99% of Aku then made a fucking katana of all things to kill a goddamned shadow of a timewarping shadow god?

Some sort of orgy they couldn't miss?
>>
>>107037876
>You mean Jack committing omnicide killing more people than Aku could ever dream of, and while potentially creating a better future, maybe writing a worse one? Most like he wrote entire species out of existence and is guaranteed to have written out billions or trillions of lives because it wasn't the way he wanted, because it wasn't the way his backwards culture started.

What the fuck did you think was going to happen when Jack finally undid the future that is Aku? Besides, Aku fucking murdered all of Jack's friends except the Spartans and Scotsman's daughters by the time Jack finally went back. At that point it doesn't matter if they were retcon'd into oblivion like Ashi.
>>
File: 1555190203105.png (10 KB, 219x121)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>107022989
>final episode
>no WATCHA with the themesong as the credits start
it was shit
>>
File: 1554935182802.png (419 KB, 752x451)
419 KB
419 KB PNG
>>
File: video_428810_0.jpg (31 KB, 422x338)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>We all knew Jack was going to go back to the past and defeat Aku
I was hoping time travel to the past is impossible. It's really stupid if Aku could travel to the past, he could kill Jack as a baby or whatever. Would have made way more sense if travelling to the past was a lie all along.
>>
File: ashi.png (68 KB, 255x157)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>>107022989
>>
>>107038423
>Would have made way more sense if travelling to the past was a lie all along.

It would have been a gigantic kick in the balls to both Jack and the fans after the million times he failed to go back.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.