[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1445485792845.jpg (1.29 MB, 2144x1920)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
>Bendis secret dialogue formula

>Step 1: Person "A" makes a statement.
>Step 2: Person "B" repeats statement as a question.
>Step 3: Person "A" gives brief affirmation, while offering no explanation.
>Step 4: Person "B" repeats question in a slightly different way, in a feeble effort to pump person "A" for more information.
>Step 5: Person "A" gives another curt affirmation, while still offering up no explanation for the statement.
>Step 6: Repeat step 4.
>Step 7: Repeat step 5.
>Step 8: Person "B" dismisses person "A" in some way
>Step 9: Person "A" playfully insults person "B" or makes a joke at their expense.
>STEP 10: Both characters revel in how witty and cute they are being by talking in this annoying way.

Is there any other writer that has this same dogshit style?
>>
I can't believe some looked at this and thought
"Yup we can publish this"
>>
>>106455306
>secret
>>
File: poorjess.png (236 KB, 367x489)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
>>106455306
>She does look hot in the black leather
>>
>>106455306
Bendis has a formula?
>>
>>106455306
Honestly, the quiz at the end was funnier.
>>
File: brian-michael-bendis.jpg (48 KB, 970x545)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Cleveland Institute of Art, and I've been involved in numerous secret projects at Marvel Studios, and I have over 300 award-winning comics. I am trained in creative writing and I'm the top writer in the entire US comic industry. You are nothing to me but just another fanboy. I will blow you the fuck out with writing the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of friends across the industry and your whining is being ignored right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call canon. You're fucking lucky, kid. I can be at any publisher, anytime, and I can entertain you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my dialogue. Not only am I extensively trained in writing dialogue, but I have access to the entire backlog of Marvel Comics and I will ignore it to its full extent to wipe your miserable fixation with continuity off the face of the internet, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retcons your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the $4.99 cover price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit Eisner-winning writing all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking lucky, kiddo.
>>
>>106455306
Someone post a Bendis DC comic with a panel like that.
>>
>>106456077
I said something about you? What did I say? You graduated from a class? Cleveland? Numerous secret projects, huh? Why secret? Marvel, huh? Nice. 300. Wow. Creative writing training? Do they even do that?
>>
>>106456133
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_writing#In_the_classroom
>>
Bendis? The comic book writer?
>>
File: 1552463111464.jpg (1.73 MB, 1988x3056)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG
>>106456098
>>
File: glareofcontempt.jpg (133 KB, 1051x390)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>106456586
>But most of the time talking.
>So much talking
>Dad, it was SO MUCH talking
I want to physically injure this man.
>>
>>106456586
I kind of feel like the idea behind this page could have worked if it had been done more elegantly.
Just dropping a bunch of caption boxes on it (most of them full of meaningless filler too) looks ugly.
>>
>>106455920
Bendis? The comic book writer Bendis?
>>
>>106455306
even if this is dogshit, I give it a bit of credit for attempting to bring back thought balloons in a modern manner. It failed, but I like when people experiment
>>
The problem with Bendis' dialog is that he writes like he's writing for a tv show. The dialog is supposed to be fast paced and witty but that can't come across in comic form. The reader can't digest all of that information and be entertained. It's such a slog, but I'm sure he thinks its clever because he sees the scene play out in his head. What I don't understand is how he keeps getting work

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.