[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: frozenveg.jpg (113 KB, 600x600)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
what's the best way to cook frozen veggies and make them actually taste good?
>>
Use a lot of butter and salt.
>>
They taste fine on their own, just stop being a lard-ass
>>
>>12185399

This
>>
>>12185399
Fpbp
Good in chicken soup too. Or fried rice etc
>>
>>12185459
what this guy said. I usually either chuck a few handfuls into soup or ramen. other than that, I just nuke 'em for a couple minutes with a pat of butter and some salt.
>>
steam the fuckers . add a bit of butter
>>
>>12185721
This guy gets it, i cant stand the two flakes of dehydrated "vegetables" they have in the cups, so i just add some before microwaving. Tasty.
>>
Put over boiling water, steam briefly until they're slightly defrosted. They're a pain to deal with straight frozen.

Then, you can either continue to steam them for things like broccoli or cauliflower, or use in stirfry,soup, bakes, etc.
>>
File: 1545532485730.png (85 KB, 327x300)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>12185396
make some nice vegetable soup you cutie
>>
>>12185396
probably in a soup
maybe fried rice?
>>
>>12186943
this

soup, cream soup

you won't be able to tell the difference
>>
Add some butter&salt or brown gravy
>>
I toss them into whatever it is I'm frying. Technically you shouldn't do that because the ice makes the oil spit badly but you can manage it
>>
>>12185396
Use vegetable broth or some sort of stock. Makes them much better than just boiling in water.
>>
>>12185396
Get a different brand of veggies.

I changed mine and found they actually taste good after reheating. Just put a cup on a plate and nuke it for 1:40.
>>
>>12185399
And a tbs of honey
>>
Butter salt garlic and onion helps.
>>
>>12185396
Toss in a pan with olive oil, salt, pepper, and pressed garlic. Don’t overcook, thank me later.
>>
I only buy frozen broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts etc.

I steam them most of the way, then roast them in canola oil, salt, mixed herbs, and pepper until they're slightly crispy. My plastic microwave steamer cannot be trusted to not leave a floret half ice half mush on its own.
>>
>>12185396
I put around 2/3 cup of those in a small pot with half a tbsp of butter, salt, and pepper, then just let it get hot while stirring occasionally

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.