[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Ikea food.jpg (14 KB, 392x129)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
Godammit I just bought this at IKEA® thinking it would be nice but it tastes like they just mopped up the floor of the fish market after a busy week and put it into a tube!
Yeah I know, it's the Swedes, Surströmming etc. should have known better. Sweden, what do you have to say for yourself? Did I eat it wrong? I just put it on toast. Couldn't finish it
>>
>>12185016
i think its like tomato paste, op. it help binds liquids and solids together when cooking, and adds a fishy flavor. try using it when making swedish shrimp toast.
>>
It makes a little bit more sense when you eat it with sliced hard-boiled eggs. It's still not amazing. It's just one of those things that people grow up with and get used to eating.
>>
>>12185016
You should just put it on toast with cheese, a lot of people like to have it with sliced hard boiled eggs on the toast as well.
Don't use it instead of butter either, rookie mistake.
We usually pride ourselves in being moderate but we're all pretty extreme in a lot of things, our taste in food being one.
It's just one of those things people grew up with so they love it.
>>
>>12185016
It's not great. It's salty and very fishy, and would be hard to enjoy if you're not used to it.
Although, that doesn't mean that it's not enjoyable.
Goes down well when it's spread thin on rye or crisp bread. Emphasis on spread thin. There are some psychopaths that enjoy absolutely fucking destroying their sandwiches with it.
There's milder versions of it, too. Tubes with a mix of like, caviar and cream cheese. Which are much more palatable.
>>12185070
It usually is made with tomato paste, iirc.
>>
Its nice on crackers
>>
>>12185016
treat it like marmite, thin spreads
stop being a tastelet
>>
>>12185016
Yeah I got duped as well anon. I was told to try it on a bagel with some sliced eggs but that tasted awful too.
>>
File: millan_070603c.jpg (34 KB, 400x205)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>12185070
>using kaviar in cooking
>kaviar on shrimp toast
wtf??? please dont do this lmao
>>12185016
OP, make a toast with sliced boiled eggs and kaviar on it (I also prefer butter on the toast), super tasty
>>
File: Egg_sandwich.jpg (332 KB, 1143x788)
332 KB
332 KB JPG
>>
>>12185498
Oh man, haven't heard that one before, both original and hilarious. See you in a few years champ.
>>
>>12185517
Found the swaggot
>>
>>12185016
Pleb
>>
Don’t listen to the faggots saying to spread it or spread it thinly. It’s supposed to burn your mouth. Also try it with cheese on as well, preferably prästost.
>>
i thought it was great on crackers or toast by itself
i'm probably a pleb tho
>>
I like it on black bread. It's salty as fuck but I love the fishiness.
>>
File: hefner.jpg (269 KB, 1280x720)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
put it on crackers or black bread if you have it
I eat it like a boss but very $$$ to order online
>>
I also bought a salmon paste, hope that one's better
>>
Goes great with cum and hard bread
>>
for me its böcklingpastej
>>
us shitalians use anchovies paste
is this common in your country?
>>
>>12187757
we dont spread anchovies paste on bread/crackers tho, do we?
I've always used it when making vegetables, fryin it in a bit of oil and then stirfry broccoli/califlowers, or pasta.
>>
>>12187757
I love that shit but I wouldn’t say it’s common
>>
File: Wm6zJ_d.jpg (50 KB, 640x779)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>12185016
The true swedish patrician way to enjoy it
>>
>>12189093
imagine the smell
>>
>>12189119
Like a creampie fish and cum

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.