[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 718X12ILJfL._SL1500_.jpg (78 KB, 1500x1500)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
For those of us who are too lazy to cook, Is there any kind of food substitute that's actually good for you?
>>
Not really, but the easiest solution is to have only one "effort" meal a day.
If you eat breakfast, have some oats with nuts and berries. Literally just a matter of pouring that shit out of the bag and adding milk/water to taste.
For lunch, you can go with a protein shake or a cup of cottage cheese with a banana or literally any other fruit to your liking.
Then dinner is your "effort" meal, and I'm putting effort in quotes here for a reason. It's basically the only meal that involves any cooking. I like to go with Asian noodle dishes because you'll usually only dirty one two two pans at most.
My biggest advice is to look at cooking as a chill activity, don't stress out over the details. Make a meal plan for the week in advance if you want to optimise your use of ingredients. If you really want to go all-out, precook your meals for the week, refrigerate, and then re-heat once the day comes. That saves you a fuckton of time over the week if you're okay with eating reheated food.
>>
Just buy some dried milk and protein powder, and multi vitamins
>>
>>12039175
Poor Cosmo, too soon :/
>>
>>12039239
>don't stress out over the details
I can't. My autism makes me want to plan out and measure everything perfectly, and that makes any kind of cooking an agonizing task.
>>
File: old.jpg (8 KB, 214x236)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>12039175
If you literally want a total substitute for food, pic related is exactly what that sort of thing will look like. Less memed up options in case you let the /pol/ propaganda get to you would be Boost, Ensure, and Carnation Instant Breakfast. Personally I've never tried Soylent, I tried the Walmart knockoff of Ensure which is called Equate and found it nauseating, and I used to drink Boost all the time and liked it although I understand they changed the formula in recent years to add fiber or probiotics or something and a lot of people who had been using it didn't like that change.
Carnation Instant Breakfast is really good except that you don't realize until you look at the label when you're back from the store that it requires you provide your own milk and add the powder to it. It says right on the fucking label "Complete Nutritional Drink," yet you need to have milk to use it. That's the exact opposite of "complete." I'm still heated about that, it's like if you bought a pack of Reese's peanut butter cups and found out they expect you to add your own peanut butter.
>>
>>12039268
PS: I mean your pic related, not mine.
>>
>>12039239
Not OP but what are some of the easiest noodle dishes? Can they be cooked in a regular saucepan?
>>
>>12039306
I just use a big frying pan usually. Prepare some rice noodles in a separate container according to package instructions (usually just steeping them in hot water), Cook some veggies (go for carrots and frozen broccoli or whatever) in a frying pan, add a splash of water and cover. Once they've gone softer but still have some bite to it, set aside on plate. Add oil to that same frying pan, once it's hot add sliced meat (I go for pre-sliced beef or chicken usually). Once meat is cooked, add veggies back in, together with the rice noodles and if you're feeling fancy some sliced up spring onions. Add oyster sauce and stir until noodles are heated through.
>>
>>12039322
Thanks. Sounds good and pretty simple, will try this.
>>
If you have the money huel is very balanced
>>
I usually buy one of these and drink it for breakfast
>>
How does soylent taste? I'm finding it hard to be motivated enough to eat anything, I'd like to get some nutrition at least.
>>
>>12039500
I love those.
>>
File: 1550337679065.jpg (846 KB, 3088x2320)
846 KB
846 KB JPG
>>12039506
cosmo wright's girlcum
>>
>>12039175
Enjoy your AIDs.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.