[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: beer nerd.jpg (364 KB, 640x427)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
american brewery tour:
>we still make our beer the way mr. whatever finely crafted it, over a century ago
>we stick to tradition...
>we prefer to old ways...
>this building is one of the oldest in the town, at almost 112 years!

german brewery tour:
>und zis is our fully automated beer processing pipeline which can produce 7000 bottles per hour
>it was designed using recent advances in automation technology pioneered by the automotive industry in the late 200s
>"hey how old is this is building"
>oh something like 1400 years, but it did need a new roof when the town burned down in the 1600s
>>
>>12038882

>Germany is older than the US

Cool Story OP. BTW my family has lived in Maine before Germany was a unified state, the reason beer culture is so far behind is because the United States had no place to grow hops. Whisky is better than beer as well.
>>
It always surprises me how new and fresh America is. Most of the houses outside of some on the east cost look no older than 60 years. Being in the UK I’ve never lived in a house less than 200 years old, and that’s normal for a lot of people here.
>>
>>12038882
America's only 243 years old, dickweed. That IS the old way.
>>
America has no history.
Imagine living in a country with no history. Plus people are fat and you have to work 50 hours a week
>>
>>12038899

A lot of suburbs in the Southwest and CA weren't even developed until post WWII.
>>
>>12038899
I just wish they'd stop tearing down our woods.
>>
>Be Europoor
>Bunch of comfy ghosts to talk and chill with in well-lived house
>Be Burger
>Barely any ghosts at all in house that's barely stood longer than the tree on the side of the road its built on
>What little ghosts it has are armed and will shoot you on sight
>>
>>12038928
we need to build a ghost wall
>>
>>12038928
And those damned ghosts really hate us. I get a pass 'cause I'm a Quaker, but damn they're annoying. All Sullivan's March this and Shawnee Massacre that...
>>
>>12038928

Except if you live in the South, then you have Confederate spirits fighting with the ghosts of negro slaves.
>>
File: checkout_gnome.png (46 KB, 545x223)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
>>12038928
i dont know why this post is so god damned funny but it is, it reminds me of this masterpiece
>>
>>12038928
>european poltergeist
>harmless just is loud and annoying because it wants attention or revenge
>american poltergeist
>NIGGA TOUCH MY CHAINS ONE MORE TIME AND I'LL RIP YOUR SPINE OUT AND FEED IT YOUR ABORTED FETUS GHOST IN THE BASEMENT. And i ripped your wife apart just for good measure. fuck you.
>>
>>12038892
>the reason beer culture is so far behind is because the United States had no place to grow hops
Prohibition butt-fucked US beer culture way harder than geography ever did. America had a vibrant culture of local and uniquely American alcohol production pretty much everywhere that died overnight thanks to prohibition.
>>
>>12039278
Prohibition is why you don't let women vote.
>>
File: 1551059394570.gif (1.93 MB, 235x240)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB GIF
>>12038961
next level brilliant posts anon...
>>
>>12038892
This is wrong in so many ways and you actually know nothing about beer.
>>
>>12039278
>ban alcohol
>ban abortions
>ban kinder surprise
>allow slavery
>votes for landed white men only
>the land of the free
>let's worship the founding fathers
>>
Anyone know what point OP was trying to make here? I honestly don't. Is this supposed to be criticizing Americans or Germans? Or is it just a general observation
>>
>>12038892
hops grow wild in Manitoba of all places you dongus
>>
>>12038928
Being from Connecticut I am more than willing to blogpost about the fact there are plenty of fuck-off ghosts in burger land. Too many in fact.
>>
>>12038972
>ywn live in a nice old house in New Orleans and commiserate with the ghost of Jefferson Davis about the Lost Cause
>>
>>12038917
I’m American and I can’t refute this. Fuck the rat race
>>
But I toured Maui brewing company last fall and most of it was bragging about their sick tech and expansion.
They're going to be energy independent in about a year, which is pretty neat.
>>
>>12038917
>history stopped being made 300 years ago

I cant imagine being this much of a brainlet without lobotomizing myself.
>>
>>12039697

On one end you have American Breweries trying to tap into the old ways in new breweries to make good beer while German Breweries have modernized their old breweries to make mass produced beer
>>
>>12040125
Unfortunately us Americans genocided the history right out of our country.
>>
>be American living in 800 year old European home
>Ghosts discover that I'm from America
>Constant barrage of "do Americans really do this"
>>
>>12038928
>American spooks will shoot you on sight.
Well, you aren't wrong.
>>
>>12038917
Imagine being envious of a snot nosed country that literally has more influence and power on one of uts barely teething molars than the rest of the old sharts across the world. Id be pretty upset as well. Anyways, im gonna go back to spilling some tea or some shit.
>>
>>12038892
If it can grown in a temperate climate, then it can be grown somewhere in the US.
>>
>>12039649
>implying half of these are bad things
>>
>>12038892
>Germany is older than the US
technically it isn't
>>
>>12040448
There is nothing technical about it. Unified Germany post-dates the American Civil War, and the German state that was more or less responsible for the creation of modern Germany as a nation is now a politically, culturally, and ethnically Russian exclave.
>>
>>12038892
>America has no place to grow hops

Holy fucking shit are east coasters really this fucking retarded?
>>
>>12040137
Growing up in the PNW, I wasn't impressed with German beers once I finally tried some. Some of the best beer I have had are from breweries less than a year old where they are forced to stand out.
>>
>>12038917
We invented the modern world tho so basically we are your future
>>
>>12040390
>usa is powerful, so it's well worth it I accept living in worse living conditions while I don't profit from our country's position in the world order
Unironically an european earning 32k has much better life quality than an amerifat making 100k in a big city
>>
>>12038899
Not with all the deanoboxes they're replacing our Woodlands and green areas with. We're going to end up with a megacity style situation.
>>
>>12039812
Gib ghost stories

Preferably /ck/ related
>>
American beer industry influences the entire world. It sucks up old historic trends, techniques, traditions from other countries and then just plays with them, fucks them up and gets a child like hype going. Like what the fuck is a florida weiss lactose IPA berlinner weiss? These cool new trends flow out from America and are refined/adapted by craft breweries across other countries. Generally the traditional brewers remain indifferent. The whole tradition, history, craft, family, roots shtick just shows how dumb Americans are. Stop being so influenced by bullshit marketing and trying to buy ideas and feelings instead of having a sense of taste and enjoying a product. There is nothing wrong with new things, but tell it as it is.
>>
>>12040515
>ethnically Russian exclave
people might think you're joking but if you've lived in eastern europe and then moved to Berlin it's scary how true it is
the rich Russians might have moved to UK, US, France and even Israel but the rest went to Germany
>>
>>12038882
blame MAGAchuds for romanticizing the past so much
>>
>>12040515
>>12041085

He's talking about Kaliningrad, once known as Konigsberg, capital of Prussia.
>>
>>12040137
So is OP saying Americans are history larping phonies or that germans have abandoned their history for soulless efficiency?
It seems like both are appropriate.

If you want the best of both worlds it's trapping beer all the way.
>>
>>12038928

>Not building on an Indian burial ground
>>
>>12040584
PNW here too. I thought I didnt like German styles either, that is until I tried them properly emulated here and realized the beer I was drinking was oxidized before I was able to enjoy it. This is particularly true of the ‘dark and sweet’ varieties like schwarzbier, but also holds for other lagers.
>>
>>12039649
Only the first and third one are a problem.
>>
>>12038928
Straigh up cant tell it you are pro or con w this arguement.
>>
>>12038918
Most of them, actually.
>>
>>12038882
>go to Germany
>all the guys are so polite
>nobody makes me leave in the middle of the night after hookup
>even that one guy who said he's not interested in meeting again told me to my face politely instead of ghosting me
>>
>>12041085
>rich Russians might have moved to UK, US, France and even Israel but the rest went to Germany
Rich Russian Soviet ex-patriate is just a code word for Jew my man. They aren't Russian in any sense of the word.
>>
>>12038882
Belgian brewery tour
>We still make our beer the way our brothers made it centuries ago
>We still denounce those pesky protestants
>This is a painting of brother Pius, we burned him at the stake for suggesting to make an IPA
>Our Lord only knows when this place was built.

>Do you want to buy beer?
>Well, it's the worlds best, and we don't have enough monks to make enough.
>Give me your phone number, license plate, and you can take 24 bottles. If you want more, and we have more to spare, call us in two to three months.
>>
>>12040448
>technically
Legally.
Kingdom of Germany dates to the Treaty of Verdun 843 A.D.
The current constitutionally founded Germany dates 1871, Germany as a concept, no.
>>
>>12043600

penis not feminine enough?
>>
>>12043600
Germany got all their evil out of their system in the 1940s. The rest of us are still catching up to what they left behind.
>>
>>12040709
but not one making 100k in a nice quiet suburb
>>
File: f2kk6uk3u83z.png (1.4 MB, 1458x789)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
>>12044765
>nice
>suburb
Pick one
>>
>>12044772
I could have just as easily did a little sharia ghetto meme but I guess above that because I'm not a stupid cumguzzling yuropoor
anyway I fail to see how any of that impacts """quality of life""" based on the exact same shitty metrics you used to make the initial claim
>>
>>12045047
>everyone who disagrees with me is from the continent of Europe
You're making a scene again. Didn't I say drink water and go to bed?
>>
>>12038882
>a nation that's existed a fraction of the time as another doesn't have several hundred centuries old buildings
STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES
>>
>>12038882
Yeah like the german would even bother talking to you. Germans are fucking assholes. I for one enjoy seeing their nation be destroyed from the inside out.
>>
>>12038917
Imagine living in a nation that is wholly dependant on the powerhouse of the world for protection, food, jobs, everything. We are the world. Get over it cunt.
>>
>>12044772
Worth it when you get to avoid shitskins
>>
>>12040285
lmfao

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.