[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1*cGihnX89f6-8-Je_BbSpWw.jpg (403 KB, 1600x1200)
403 KB
403 KB JPG
>horse meat is illegal in his country
lol
>>
A thread died for this
>>
>>12033444
Say neigh to horse meat!
>>
File: index.jpg (6 KB, 224x225)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>12033523
:^)
It's very tasty though.
Pic related is horse sausage, which is commonly sold as a snack in Bavaria.
There's no industrial farming of horses. They usually live in much better conditions than other edible mammals.
Everyone should try it at least once
>>
Bashkir here, horse meat is great although its being extremely lean makes it hard to cook as a steak or roast it in an oven. I do not, however, know a better meat for a hearty soup than horse.
Horse milk drinks are also fantastic.
>>
>>12033444
>he eats labor animals
Imagine being this much of a poorfag tastelet.
>>
>>12033808
>calls others Poorfags
>Eats chicken and pork
>>
>>12033808
We have agricultural machines for that these days, pal.
Oh wait, let me explain that in a way that you will understand
BIG SCARY METAL MONSTER USE GREAT POWER OF FIRE
MUCH STRONGER THAN HORSEY
MACHINE GOD BLESSING
>>
I had horse shashlik in Kazakhstan and it was nothing special
>>
>>12033548
I really would like to, but it's a bitch here in Murica and I suspect illegal. I mean people were eating horse as soon as it was found, heard good things except it might be a little tough
>>
>>12033548
>tasty
Girls aren't allowed to post on /ck/.
>>
>>12033835
reddit is two blocks down you embarrassing fucker, christ you're cringey
>>
>>12033838
It is, horse slaughter for the purpose of consumption is also banned here which is why you see them being shipped to Mexico.
>>
>>12033444
Well, my friend Jay Reimenschneider eats horse all the time. He gets it from his butcher.
>>
>>12033444
Well, what country is it illegal in?
I've never had any but I wouldn't mind.
>>
File: horse stew.jpg (111 KB, 480x288)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>12033444

Love me some horse stew with fries
>>
>>12033883
I assume OP is misunderstanding US law. It's not illegal to eat horse in the US, but there are no legal slaughterhouses for horse, therefore it's illegal to sell it to the public. It's perfectly legal to slaughter your own horse for your private consumption, but since most people don't do that, it is de facto illegal here.

Same thing as genuine Haggis, really. Selling lungs is illegal due to a blanket federal ban, but again that's only selling to the public. You could slaughter your own sheep and eat its lungs if you wanted to. You could even serve it to your personal guests. You could't sell or serve it in a restaurant or market though.
>>
>>12033444
The development of the US relied heavily on the horse for transportation and food production and as such was far too valuable to be eaten except in times of emergency especially given the vast quantities of hogs and cattle raised for food. Later the horse achieved an almost mythological position of reverence in the american consciousness through literature and film of the west. For all but the edgiest of kids, eating horse is and will always be as taboo as eating dog. Sure subhumans of europe and other regions eat it, but it won't be happening here.

>>12033852
>you see them being shipped to Mexico
You do? What companies, specifically, ship horses to mexico for slaughter?
>>
Apart from humans, I'd eat anything that walks.
>>
>>12033867
Based and seinfeldpilled
>>
>>12033902
seems like op isn't misunderstanding anything at all, at least not in the eyes of anyone who isn't a hair splitting anal retentive cunt
>>
>>12033850
>third worlder gets btfo by much smarter white man
>muh cringe
yikes
>>
I had horse meat a few time. Tastes like meat. It's not bad, it's nothing special.
I don't regularly eat horse meat or buy it myself because I don't wanna support that industry but I wouldn't turn it down if served horse meat at a house party, gathering etc.
>>
>>12033444
I would buy it if i could, i live in uk and its not commonly sold here, atleast not in butchers or supermarkets
>>
>>12034065
You gotta find yourself a horse guy. They can be hard to identify but once you find them they'll hook you up with all the horse you need.
>>
>>12033444
Horses are the dogs of cattle. A companion to man. That's why non inbreds don't eat it
>>
>>12034396
would a horse guy let me have sex with a horse
>>
>>12034418
Cringe
>>
>>12034418
the largest empire in human history was fed on horse meat
>>
>>12034065
Just buy Findus lasagne m8.
>>
>>12034418
you're dumb and trying to make a rational argument with a emotional basis.
>>
>>12033444
just say neigh to horse meat.
>>
>>12033843
You know that could be taken in several different ways considering the topic is horse meat.
>>
>>12033946
He's factually correct, you mouth breathing mongoloid.
>>
>>12033444
no interest, that looks like some weird cross between cow and fish meat
>>
>>12035004
>>12033902
>there are no legal slaughterhouses for horse
The USA exported 68000 tons of horse meat in 2010.
https://www.businessinsider.com/biggest-producers-of-horse-meat-2013-2?IR=T
>>
>>12033548
A lot of horse meat sold in certain parts of Europe comes from former race horses that have been retired in the USA and shipped over.
Race horse meat may have all sorts of drugs in it that was fed to or injected into the horses.
I wouldn’t really expect the horse meat to be healthier than cow meat, unless the horse was a former farm horse from a local farmer or something.
>>
>>12035023
The article indicates the meat wasn't slaughtered in the US as there are no active slaughterhouses in the US, so apparently there are companies shipping horses to Canada and Mexico for slaughter. I'd like to see the names of these companies so their abominable behavior could be exposed and they feel the iron hand of righteous outrage.
>>
>>12035023
Live horse meat. We ship to slaughterhouses in Mexico.
>>
>whale meat is illegal in his country
*laughing Norwegian girls*
>>
horse meat sushi?
>>
>>12034456
brits didn't eat horse
>>
>>12035123
*Fucks Muslims*
>>
>>12033822
>LABOR ANIMALS
>LABOR
>KEYWORD LABOR
>>
>>12033444
>he thinks horse meat is illegal in America
>>
>>12035038
The federal government rounds up thousands of feral horses every year to be shipped away for slaughter
>>
>>12035499
Well, to be fair it is hard to eat meat with horseteeth.
>>
>>12035592
Wouldn't it be less cruel to slaughter them on the spot instead of subjecting them to hours of terror standing in a truck trailer?
>>
>>12035602
Slaughter needs to happen under regulated conditions to prevent infections.
Shooting a horse behind the shed and dragging it out across the mud to throw it in an unrefrigerated truck isn't exactly sanitary.
>>
>>12035499
largest continuous empire that didnt need to discover a "new world" and Antarctica to reach its size
>>
>>12035602
No ones going to buy dead horses, then have to ship them out of the country before the meat goes bad to a processing plant in mexico.
>>
>>12033444
What does it taste like? It's very red looking so I imagine it would take very irony like bison or gamey like venison.
>>
Good enough for the Aryans and Mongols to eat
>>
>>12035676
spot on, actually. Very lean, pretty irony, best eaten rare as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>12033444
Eating horse is disgusting. In Spain we only eat the tenderest of milk-fed foals.
>>
>>12033548
>they live in great conditions!
Until they're slaughtered.
>but your honor I kept her in great condition and happy! Until I hacked her into bits
>>
>>12035773
ITT: fuck slaughtering, we just walk right up to a live horse and take a bite
>>
>>12033444
>eating horse
positively subhuman
>>
>>12033444
what country is that? it's always been legal in the US, we just don't have any horse slaughterhouses anymore because of low demand
>>
I honestly can't think of a reason to defend veal except for deliciousness. But I'll kill the motherfucker that tries to take that from me.
Other intelligent apex predators like Orcas would subjugate us so fast if they could.
Being a massive, emotional pussy isn't a great evolutionary strategy, it turns out.
>>
File: serveimage.png (391 KB, 500x335)
391 KB
391 KB PNG
>>12035834
What's wrong with veal?
The little pens they keep the calfs in? They need to do that anyway to keep the animals separated while their immune system builds up.
>>
>>12035499
Findus would like a word with you
>>
>>12035592
Source? That was prohibited in the past but let me guess, that's changed under the greatest assault on the natural environment since nixon.
>>
>>12036037
The federal government has rounded up wild horses and auctioned them off for slaughter continiously since the 19th century.
>>
>>12035906
>>12035499
horse meat isnt illegal to export or consume but making a product which is stated to contain lamb but actually contains horse is fraud and that in itself is illegal

>>12035504
horse meat is actually halal
>>
I don't see the problem with eating horse, more so if the meat is good.
>>
>>12033850
>le reddit boogeyman because he got BTFO
cringe
>>
>>12036054
Why lie, it is an orange scheme, lol! Own it like they own you!

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wild-horses-facing-slaughter-us-government-proposes-regulations/story?id=52538898
>>
Wild horses aren't native to the United States.
It can't even be a concern about protecting nature.
Overpopulation, disease, and they're damage to ranchers all says to me that these wild horses can be just as much of a problem as wild pigs.
What would you do?
If you could, you'd round them up. Then you have a bunch of horses. What do you do then? Let them rot? No! Slaughter them and eat them.

People who have a problem with that are operating on pure fee-fees.
>>
>>12033867
>>
>>12035123
but anon the norwegians dont even eat whale meat. they just ship it to japan for use as dog food.
>>
@12033850
(you)
cringe
>>
>>12033444
There is nothing wrong with horse meat. You can farm horse meat the same way cattle is farmed for beef.

Same with eating Minke whale
>>
>>12035031
What kind of drugs?
Vaccine kind of drugs or steroids?
>>
is there any practical reason why horse meat is banned? the only thing I've heard was an offhand comment about how horse "spook when they smell blood" or something.
on another note, why is it so hard to find footage from american industrial slaughterhouses? I can only find Chinese ones that don't really seem like they would pass OSHA.
>>
>>12036750
Probably both, with other stuff thrown into the mix.
I really wouldn’t want to eat US horse meat, unless it came from an Amish butcher or something similar.
>>
>>12037371
I’m not sure, but if you look into were in Europe horse meat was consumed, a lot of the areas correspond to areas were Central Asian nomadic horse riding tribes migrated to, such as the Burgundians and Alans etc.
>>
>>12033835
Horses are labor animals as in they're not raised for meat, they're not livestock. Retard. Who the fuck looks at a horse and sees how it lives and wants to eat it? No fat anywhere, they're very active, and they live long lives. It tastes boring and shitty as anyone would expect.
>>
>>12037386
Guess you’ve never had venison then, it’s not raised to be eaten but it’s damn good.
>>
>>12037389
Venison is very good, but only a small fawn. I'll eat a buck if it's a trophy hunt but only because I don't want to waste, certainly wouldn't be my first choice
>>
>>12036750
GODDAMN AUTISTIC HORSES.
>>
>>12033444
common meat in switzerland, horses are shitty animals anyways, might as well eat them.
>>
>>12037378
Spain and Portugal have horse butchers, idk about italy, greece or northern Algeria
>>
>>12033444
I would totally eat horse if it tasted good and wasn't too expensive, don't see why you should ban it.
>>
>>12036087
Same here. I'd try dog and cat even though I own both as pets.
>>
>>12037371
Agricultural gag laws. I used to be against them until I realized our country is full of pussified self loathing missed-the-train-wanna-be-hippy cucks that cry about jockeys using riding crops.
>>
>>12033444
>order horse
>eat it
>very lean and okay
>get bill
>1.5-2x the price of good meat

reason I don't buy it
>>
>>12033548
>There's no industrial farming of horses
yea until everyone starts eating them like you suggest
>>
>>12034430
yes
>>
>>12036750
US racehorses are drug tested often to ensure they don't have steroids or other performance enhancing drugs in their system. It would only be antibiotics and vaccines.

>t. Racehorse owner
>>
>>12039733
It is even consider cheaper than beef currently
>>
>>12033835
It's machine spirit you absolute heretic
>>
>>12033444
>>12033548
I'd imagine it's a bit tough since they're for working and not for eating.
>>
>>12033444
>have had horse meat
>it isn't good
>don't give a shit that i can't buy it at the corner store
>>
>>12033444
Eating horse meat is a sin
>>
>>12040622
A tasty sin. Just ate some horse steak yesterday, was pretty good.
>>
Delicious

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.