[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: IMG_20190211_063415[1].jpg (2.03 MB, 3328x1872)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB JPG
What are your go-to cocktails?

>Gimlet if I'm keeping it simple
>AMF if I've got company that just wants to get drunk
>Manhattan if I'm drinking alone

I was making different drinks for each person for a while when I would have company but I got tired of stocking all the various ingredients for drinks I make rarely. Looking for some new drinks that I could easily keep stock for and make often enough for it to be worth it.
>>
Four look, neat.
>>
>>11892462
Jack and Coke, or bourbon and Coke, either one is fine
>>
>>11892470
>Adding 200 and tons of sugar calories to your calories
>>
>>11892462
Probably a Russian Mule
>>
File: HOME BAR.jpg (521 KB, 2040x1530)
521 KB
521 KB JPG
>>11892462
>gimlet
Good taste; gin is extremely popular in modern mixology
Personally I like gin and grapefruit juice, or if I'm feeling extra, gin with elderflower liqueur, grapefruit juice and a little prosecco.
Gin with peach juice is good. I like a French 75 and I like it even more with some elderflower liqueur.
I also drink a lot of margaritas, especially spicy ones, like pineapple chipotle or jalapeno watermelon.
>1.5oz tequila
>.5oz or 1oz flavored vodka or liqueur
>.25 oz sweetened lime
>[hot sauce]
>fill with matching juice or sour mix
So for instance, tequila, pineapple Smirnoff, lime juice, chipotle hot sauce and pineapple juice. Rim a glass in hot sauce and kosher salt for the complete effect.
Rum and tropical juice or coconut water is refreshing, and also I drink a lot of liquor in coffee or liquor in prosecco.
Pic related is my "home bar."
>>
>>11892563
If you don't go through your liquor very quickly you shouldn't keep speed pours on the bottles. Alcohol evaporates and it'll kill the flavor of your spirits very quickly if you don't leave them properly sealed.

Just a tip, you do you though.
>>
>>11892573
I do indeed go through them pretty fast, but also I just wrap the lot with plastic wrap at night.
Less for evaporation and more for fruit flies, but both are noble causes I suppose.
>>
>>11892462
Whiskey Sour
3/4oz fresh lemon juice
3/4oz simple syrup
2oz whiskey or bourbon
Shaken in ice and strained, garnish w/ cherries

Elderflower Margarita
1oz fresh lime juice
1oz St. Germain
2oz Tequila
Shaken in ice and strained, garnish w/ lime slice
>>
>>11892598
Gotta get some egg white in the simple syrup for that perfect foamy whiskey sour.
>>
>>11892462
Gimlet and Manhattan are based choices, AMF kinda sounds gross

I usually like to pick something random out of the 5 cocktail books I have sitting around (have a decently stocked bar), but my go-to's are simple old fashioneds, martinis, and manhattans.
>>
>>11892462
Salty Dog (greyhound with a salted rim)
Screwdriver
Snakebite
>>
>>11893918
White nigger or boomer detected.
>implying theres a difference
>>
>>11892462
Nothing beats a good Mojito
>>
whiskey. straight. like a fucking man.
>>
>>11892462
redbull with rum
>>
File: no-3-gin-martini.jpg (38 KB, 500x500)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>11892462
For me, its the gin martini
>>
File: Sazerac.jpg (1.36 MB, 2500x1407)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
>>11892462
There can be only one
>>
1 shot gin
1/2 shot elder flower liqueur
Grapefruit juice
>>
>>11894314
Not specifying the type of whisk(e)y you're drinking? You must be pretentious, nice to meet you I'm any well adjusted not insecure adult.
>>
Long pull of Taaka chased with V8
Call it a deconstructed bloody mary

If I’m with company and have to act civilized, Moscow mules or something similar. Or just beer if I don’t want to pay out the ass.
>>
>>11894627
How much nigger sperm goes in that, faggot?
>>
>>11894428
i love whiskey, bourbon, vodka and tequila, but i just really can't stand the taste of gin. am i missing out? what's a decent quality intro brand?
>>
>>11894989
Gin is one of the spirits that everybody I know says they hate until they try a proper gin cocktail. Gin by itself can be offputting if you don't like it, but it makes REALLY good cocktails.

Gimlet as previously stated is a great introduction to enjoying gin, the gin you choose will still be the upfront flavor but the lime juice and simple syrup will cut through a bit of the herbal flavors people don't like.

I'd suggest Boodles for a middle-shelf gin, >>11892462

The one in the OP picture. It has notes of citrus that go well in cocktails, and doesn't smell or taste as herbal as other cheapish brands.

For top shelf stuff once you decide if you like gin cocktails or hate them, would be Hendricks or The Botanist
>>
>>11894989
Idk man i can't relate. I have loved gin since i first developed a taste for alcohol
>>
My favorite cocktail is a negroni. I swear I'm not as pretentious as that sounds, but I genuinely do really enjoy a good negroni
>>
>>11895175
Is a negroni considered pretentious? In nyc you can get it everywhere even at most dive bars
>>
>>11895207
Idk I just anticipated some flyover would assume so and make a comment about it
>>
Just drink gin and tonic, you gay nerds.
>>
>>11894542
those are bad.
>>
Dirty Martini.
>>
>>11895207
NYC is pretentious
>>
>>11896012
Eat a dick
>>
corpse reviver 2, god tier drink
gin, cointreau, fortified white wine and lemon juice
goes down a treat
>>
Pint of Canadian Club and a chaser.
>>
Old Fashioned for me, Negroni for the missus
>>
>>11896559
Old fashioned is pretty good, if not a little sweet. Really depends on the whiskey.
>>
Gin and Tonic
Vodka Martini, dirty
old fashioned if im feeling motivated
>>
>>11892462
Summer - Margarita
Winter - Old Fashioned (non-Wisconsin version)
>>
>>11892470
Jack is a bourbon, they just don't put it on the bottle.
>>
>>11898415
I wish Wisconsinites would call their abomination something else
>>
>>11894921

>I always include the (e) so people see that I know what I'm talking about

You must be pretentious, nice to meet you I'm any well adjusted not insecure adult.
>>
>>11898665
It's a Tennessee whiskey (which is basically the same thing as bourbon, just made in Tennessee).
>>
>>11892462
Cocktails, like those kinds that need an actual recipe and require more effort to make them than it does to drink them, are too much for me. If I'm drinking liquor then I go for an aged rum or a scotch. If I'm just trying to get drunk, then I keep it simple.

>fill glass with ice
>pour in Captain Morgan 100 Proof Spiced rum to about the 1/3 or 1/2 mark, depending on how much of the liquor you want to taste
>fill the rest of the way with grapefruit juice
>squeeze some fresh lime juice on top of that and stir
>garnish with a pineapple slice if you're a faggot
>a nice, delightful rum punch is now yours to enjoy

The bitterness of the grapefruit actually blends very well with the sweetness of the rum and the lime adds a nice acidic kick.
>>
>>11898683

I like that you know that.
A lot of people get uppity that Tennessee whiskey is not bourbon, even though the only difference is the charcoal filtering.

I just mention it because I believe TW being made a legal classification was just a move by Jack to cut the sales of other distilleries in their area, and that that's not okay.
>>
>>11894542
I like this the most too. It's a bit sweet with the wrong rye though.
>>
>>11892462
Lemmie get that bourbon sidecar baby, sugar rim for when i'm feelin extra
>>
>>11892462
cocktails are for fags

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.