[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: never ending suffering.jpg (34 KB, 1024x407)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>25 year old "man"
>still fuck up when making poached eggs
Should I just kill myself at this point?
>>
Yes.
>>
How's that going to make the eggs better?
>>
>>11744751
WA-LA!
>>
I'm 30 and and cook poached eggs and I still want to kill myself
>>
>>11744751
Get egg poacher
>>
>>11744751
Get eggs. Bring water to boil. Turn down heat so water is hot but stopped bubbling. Only want a tiny bit of movement in the water so the eggs are undisturbed. Gently crack an egg, as gently as possible, into the water. Use a slotted spoon to retrieve them. There are also tricks with vinegar and whirlpools that aren't really necessary
>>
>>11744751
that seems like a bit of an overreaction
>>
>>11744751
I would just scramble my eggs instead of killing myself
>>
>>11744751
if we knew what we were getting into we would have strangled ourselves in the womb
>>
how many times have you tried to make eggs benedict before
>>
>>11744948
>That moisture at the bottom
Jesus Christ how horrifying.
>>
don't feel too bad OP i fucked up roasting some chuck steak last night and spent all night shitting water and vomiting. Gotta go to work in an hour and i feel like death, plus it's tainted my experience and won't be eating chuck steak for a while even though i really like eating it.
>>
>>11744751
>>11745164

Just keep practicing bros. We're all gonna make it.
>>
File: 1520724467321.png (45 KB, 600x600)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>11744948
th-this is a joke, right?
>>
>>11744955
same here bro
>>
>>11744751
I botched thawing out a whole three pounds of chicken breast the other night, so at least you aren't me.
>>
Vortex method works for me, I get the egg perfectly cooked. No vinegar needed, but they get a weird distended shape from the water motion. Not a nice little mound, I think I need to stop whirlpooling but then I might need to adjust my timing to accommodate.
>>
Anyone have a recipe for a coddled egg in the shell. Not soft boiled/steamed where you peel the egg and the yolk is runny but approaching custard stage, but the kind where you crack it and pour out a poached egg. I saw a woman in Thailand do in once but I didn't learn the secret.
>>
File: 1531460005346.jpg (25 KB, 804x585)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>27 year old "man"
>still eat kraft dinner at least twice a week
>>
File: waluigi.png (36 KB, 300x250)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>11744948
>WA-LA

not voilĂ ........
>>
>>11746096
Go be new somewhere else
>>
30 seconds in the microwave in a small glass bowl. Perfect everytime, some of the time.

>10% chance to explode.
>>
>>11744777
Trips of truth.
>>
there's no shame in failing, guys!
>>
I'm 24, I haven't lived with my parents in 5 years and as far as I can remember I've never cooked a real meal.
I am a management trainee at a restaurant.
Also no gf to cook for me and not fat.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.