[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: image1.jpg (689 KB, 2000x1000)
689 KB
689 KB JPG
Any good restaurants in Atlanta?
>>
>>11574002
No
>>
>>11574002
Chipotle at 17th and Northside. It's packed full of Turner people during lunch time, and you sometimes hear shit.
>>
>>11574002
Nah
>>
In no particular order:

Gunshow
Holeman & Finch
Homegrown
The Optimist
Valenza
Flip Burgers
Heirloom BBQ
Fox Bros BBQ
The General Muir (my favorite burger in the city)
King + Duke
Grindhouse
Revival
JCT
>>
>>11574170
You live in Atlanta?
>>
>>11574170
You just made up every single one of those. Don’t meme on op
>>
>>11574180
I used to. I moved to California a few years ago so I wouldn't know anything that opened up recently, but those were some of my faves.
>>
Stay away from Antico's it's a shitpot. Go to Fellini's if you want pizza
5 Seasons has surprisingly good food
Swinging Richard's

>Fox bros
shit.
>>
>>11574002
Yes
>>
Taco Mac has good food, good prices and if the local college team is playing you get to watch people go bat shit crazy. Also near the one in Decatur there is a Mexican Cantina, good place for hookers.
>>
>>11574211
The Antico owner's other restaurant, Gio's Chicken, is actually one of my favorite places in the city. Really great northern italian place and the quality hasn't fallen off a cliff like Antico.
>>
>>11574201
Are you a gay nigger?
>>
>>11574296
I’m black and gay
>>
>>11574296
Nope, straight and white
>>
>>11574296
nope. bi and spic
>>
>>11574296
u mean nigger faggot?
>>
>>11574417
I typed that at first but faggot is a bit of a catch all on 4chan, gay is more specific to homosexuals
>>
>>11574002
There's a Hattie B's Hot chicken off of Moreland near emory. It's pretty good.

I've heard good things about Mary Mac's Tea Room.
>>
OP here, I should specify that I'm only there for 4 days. I want something asian or pure georgia cuisine like georgia peach tea tier
>>
File: 1543297330485.png (1.73 MB, 1509x1021)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB PNG
>>11574170
>TGM burger over H&F burger

>>11575359
The list posted above is pretty damn good. If you're into Asian food, Buford highway has a large variety of good shit. Some suggestions:

Taco Veloz (Mexican)
El Rey del Taco (Mexican)
La Torta Loca (Mexican)
Havanna Sandwich Shop (Cuban)
Quoc Huong (Viet)
Pho Bac (Viet)
Pho Dai Loi (Viet)
Lee's Bakery (Viet)
Yummy Spicy (Sichuan)
Chongqing Hot pot (Chongqing/Sichuan)
Northern China Eatery (Beijing)
Han Il Kwan (Korean)

There are many many more, these are my favorites I've tried. If you want something classicly southern, try one of the "New Southern" restaurants like Holeman and Finch or Revival. Very good and modern southern cuisine.
>>
>>11575401
pure classy southern if you can. hot pot does sound good
>>
bump
>>
>>11574002
The Varsity
>>
>>11576804
kek
>>
>>11576810
Good enough for royalty.
>>
>>11575359
Gladys Knight chicken and waffles
Lee's Bakery on Buford. I guess flying biscuit too but it's always packed.

>>11574170
This is a good list but I'll add Noni's to that; it's my favorite restaurant in the city and great pregame for Edgewood with friends. Victory is a great brand bar in the city with cheap, filling sandwiches and the decatur one has a fun tiki bar in the back.

The Rise N Dine and Falafel King near Emory, while way out of the way, are amazing too.

t. Dooley
>>
>>11575401
This anon knows what's up. The best tacos I had were at the stand just 50 feet south of the Buford Sweet Hut, which might be Veloz, I've just poor memory.
>>
>>11576804
They used to take us there to eat on field trips and it was always fucking garbage. The hats were cool though
>>
>>11576833
typical, all on their phone and not doing any work
>>
>>11576833
if our workers did that then they be yelled at. PUT YOUR PHONE AWAY
>>
File: th (39).jpg (38 KB, 475x356)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>11577251
>>11577301
They compensate with back rubs.
>>
File: IMG_20180829_215000.jpg (123 KB, 727x835)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>11576879
Yeah thats Veloz. I like El Rey slightly better because they offer great options for tacos like cabeza and goat . Veloz is fucking awesome for the sheer fact its drive through

>>11576871
Gladys Knight took her name off of the restaurant because they were literal bugs in the food and one of her family members were running it into the ground. Not sure its even open anymore

Also not to shit on you too hard anon but Flying Biscuit is a terrible place for breakfast compared to other options. The General Muir, Rise n Dine, Ria's Bluebird, Homegrown, Silver Skillet, Holler and Dash or Whiskeybird are infinitely better. I may be a bit biased because I absolutely despise FB's biscuits

>>11577115
>>11576804
Varsity is fun but I put it in the same class as The Colonade. Its interesting and been around a while, but the food isn't particularly great nor is the location really much of an attraction.

>>11575420
Holeman and Finch will be a little more out there in terms of food; Bourdain actually visited the place in The Layover if you want to sneak a peek. The menu changes often and isn't 100% purely southern all the time.

I would pick from one of these if you're looking for actual southern food done extremely well. Keep in mind they will likely be full on Friday/Saturday nights

Empire State South
Miller Union
Revival
South City Kitchen

Might as well include an actual related pic, an Avocado margarita from Gunshow I had some weeks ago. I would suggest Gunshow but it can be an absolute bitch to get into
>>
>>11577556
Yeah I'm not gonna argue on FB which is why I gave it a disclaimer. Their bakery is maximum comfy to get your sweets and walk around all those houses along and around Ponce. I prolly assume the biscuits got worse around 2014 spring.

I fucking forgot Ria, I'm so sorry Ria. Best scenic spot for warm healthy eating.

Yeah I graduated in 2014 so Gladys wasn't absolute shit yet, it's also given me the Itis faster than EATS or that one tea house Big Boi sits in the corner of. It serves as a great parallel to the two civil rights museums in Edgewood and for that I'm happy.
>>
>>11574170
This man knows. Holeman & Finch, Gunshow, and The General Muir are fantastic.

Atlanta has a lot of great food. Honestly, I'd say that eating and drinking are probably the best things to do there, as there isn't much in the way of "touristy" stuff beyond the aquarium and Coke museum.

My suggestions:
Brick Store Pub
Porter Beer Bar
Northern China Eatery
678 Korean BBQ
Mamak Malaysian
Shoya Izakaya (god-tier)
Anywhere in Krog Street market or Ponce City Market
Lots of Korean, Chinese, Viet, Mexican, and Salvadorean places on Buford Highway

>>11576871
Ayyy, Rise N Dine and Falafel King were some of my haunts while I went to Emory. Glad they have a Wagaya there now, pretty expensive and the ramen isn't as good as Shoya but it's great.

I really miss living in ATL :(
>>
>>11577598
>I prolly assume the biscuits got worse around 2014 spring

You know, I think they actually did. The lesbians that ran the place originally sold it and I think it was resold to an Asian restaurant group and it started slipping then. They donated to Kemp so the one in Midtown is under a semi-boycott right now.
>>
>>11577556
I just want to thank you for mentioning Rise n Dine. I've been a few times years ago and loved it, but had forgotten the name. I'm definitely planning a trip there next time I'm in the area
>>
>>11577617
Yeahhhh, I only come through every march for this jamboree but was what I miss most is the fresh air, especially in Lullwater.

Really a great city if you have a car. Watching EAV die was painful, but the new clairmont hotel is nice.
>>
>>11578166
Actually going there for breakfast tomorrow. Half french toast, granola with milk and coffee

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.