[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: FB_IMG_1568715114313.jpg (30 KB, 933x870)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
Recently the mods in my local comm were recruiting new mods, with one mod being super active and well liked, and one being barely involved in the comm. They ended up recruiting a member that barely contributes to the comm and is a shit stirrer, when many very active and well liked members applied.

What mod bullshit / horror stories y'all got
>>
>>10288736
Is this about Arizona
>>
What's this about Arizona
>>
>>10288736
Oh man, the irony in OP calling someone a shit stirrer when this thread clearly has no other purpose but to stir shit.
>>
>>10288912
I'm glad this anon brought this up. Now I have a chance to talk about how much I hate that one of the mods in my comm is a hardcore SJW. Anytime she happens to be around I have to be extra careful what to talk about.
>>
>>10288736
Mods on my comm are super gatekeepey old farts who spend more time active online than actually going to meets.
>>
>mod bullshit
Won’t ban a male ouji from my comm despite him giving off major creepy vibes and trying to hit up every girl’s dms. Most people just think he’s really friendly and outgoing even though he’ll message you nonstop even if you turn his advances down.
>>
>>10288736
Am a mod in the community myself
They didn't get a chance to become a mod, but we had a person who basically backseat moderated. Kept making what was proposals but framed as forthcoming changes and asked if everyone agreed.
Eventually the head admin vetoed one of those and the wannabe-mod flipped their shit, threw a temper tantrum, even threatened an actual mod, the wannabe-mod also said they were going to talk shit about us in the "neighboring" communities.
Ironically the actual mods were aware we needed to expand the team and was at first very happy about them and they would have become a mod if they had been more patient and hadn't flipped their shit. Instead they got banned and our head admin sent a heads up to our "neighbors" about them. Turned out they had been banned there for similar shit.
Eventually the mod team reached the conclusion that nothing of value was lost and now we are having a good time. We also kicked a lot of the more problematic members, this might have been related to us having a better time now even if our community is less active. Only issue now is that the remaining members need to put an effort in to be more active and attract new members, otherwise we have signed our own death warrant.
>>
>>10288736

These same mods are turning the comm into a memorial for dead lolitas, which I frankly don't understand at all.
>>
>>10296527
Excuse me, what the fuck? Dead as in deceased or just inactive?
>>
A kind and well liked mod stepped down after a newer mod refused to kick out her obnoxious best friend who was so bitchy to everyone, people stopped coming to meets. Even now, nobody wants to go to their meets except newbies who haven't met the obnoxious girl.
>>
Mods in my comm are pretty active and have somewhat varied meets but there's like 2 members who keep hosting meets that 'just happen' to only be able to be organised on the same day and it's getting a bit frustrating... Mods haven't done anything about it (that I know of or publicly) but something has to be done...
>>
I'm in a huge comm and go to nearly every meet and even tho I've been a lolita for a year I've never seen my mods at a meet ever
>>
>>10297006

As in deceased. They're doing a clean up of the members but won't remove the two dead girls who almost nobody has ever met..

At least they haven't claimed them as ~guardian spirits~ like the Houston Lolita Comm did with their dead guy.
>>
Wonder if we're in the same comm...
>>
>>10297203
Does the comm go to the member's meets? Once, okay, shit happens. But more than that, they're just stirring shit. Meets are supposed to be about hanging out and talking fashion, not a popularity contest. Have you poked the mods about it? Telling them that the comm members are making you uncomfortable?

I got tired of dealing with the passive aggressive mod, started hosting some meets privately, and accidentally made mini comm. The mod I'm avoiding, on the other hand, is super lonely. I suspected that, but the two times I've tried to include her in a private meet, she was a total pain my ass. While I don't feel good about the situation, I don't feel like it's worth trying to help her either. Not that I'm an angel. I'm not above laughing at the stupid shit she says. I've been blessed by the schadenfreude fairy, and idk how to feel about it.
>>
>>10297243
So Melbourne?
>>
>>10297451
Yeah the rest of the comm doesn't seem to be aware of this schism. I think it's because there's some kind of bad blood between the comm members and the mods but I just don't know enough. I think the mods are aware of it but there isn't much they can do that won't cause a falling out. It's getting to the point that people are asking whether they're going to the mods' meets or the comm members' meets. It's pretty awkward.
>>
>>10297019
Do separate meets and leave the obnoxious girl out?
>>
>>10297019
Is this OC?
>>
We have a mod that threw a tantrum when many members complained about them bailing on their own meets, or being really late, and not being active. Today, she's late to her own meet again.

So the mods decided to add more mods from different parts of the state. Long time members were not chosen to be a mod, instead the new girls they chose are new and were chosen based off their location. Some of our new mods hardly do any work at all or even host meets. I think the most active me member isn't even a mod, but I think she should be.
>>
>>10297243
Wtf dude, your mindset is super fucked up. Keeping literally two members in the comm in their memory literally hasn’t affected and won’t affect the comm in the slightest. It has been mentioned once in recent comm history. Why are you so obsessed with it?
>>
>>10288959
Block button ?
>>
>>10297243
You’re a huge cunt.
>>
Last year the two mods in my comm had a internal fight about the rules, one bawleeted meets, the rules and herself as mod, the other hasn't done shit since aside from letting new people into the group and approve posts and is still the only mod.
>>
A new mod here in my comm does jack shit sits in the corner and is difficult to talk to especially at a meet not long ago she made it super weird when everyone was having a good time can't say she's mod material I think the other mod just chose her because she's an old member lol
>>
>>10302969
I don't get why girls like this even want to be mods. I'm one of the longest-running members of my comm but I've never had any desire to be a mod because it's just not something that fits my personality. Why volunteer for something that doesn't suit you, that you probably won't enjoy, and that will put you in the firing line for complaints?
>>
>>10301902
>>10301912
Not them but maybe they're of the mind set that memorializing people online is cringe. Have you seen the blingees some people have made for like their dead grandpa? Or the horribly edited videos that get posted on YouTube?

Yea its sad those people died but what good is it to have them added to a comm?
>>
>>10303003
both the people talked about were super active and loved com members who loved lolita and attended most meets. one was murdered and the other took her life, both were super sudden and painful for com members.
they're not talked about at meets, friends just remeber them and having been very loved and active members of the community I think it would be rude to forget that. everyone has complex feelings with death and grief but 99% of the com doesnt want to kick them and act like they just weren't there now they're gone. they haven't even been dead for 5 yrs, one only passed last year. if it was longer then maybe keeping their profiles in the facebook group would be weird but I think it helps a lot of their friends to remember the good times not the tragedy of losing them.
you can have your opinions but please dont disrepect them or the people hurt by their deaths.I agree making a blingee or something would be cringe but people have only posted tributes on their private pages never in the group.

tldr: its important to this com to remember them, they havent been gone long and it still hurts. tributes have been posted on private pages not the group so i dont understand the issue besides trying to cause drama from the original person who bought up the topic.
>>
>>10303568

One of them had just moved to Melbourne and only attended one meet. Most people in the comm only knew of the other girl because she was murdered. And now you're telling me they were loved and active members? I bet you weren't even Facebook friends with either of them.
>>
The mod of my local comm can never make it out to anything and when I suggested something free and that fit her schedule she made up a lame excuse at the last minute. Not even a good excuse.

It's ridiculous, it seems like at every meetup everyone but the admin goes, she's never present. She doesn't even wear lolita and posts a bunch of cringe tik tok videos.

Like, I get not giving me admin control, we're not related or anything
but what about the other longtime active lolita who is? She's perfectly lovely and her and I are the ones who pretty much organize all the meetups anyway.
>>
>>10303568
>going on and on about how these girls were loved
so predictable. I'm not saying that is the case. You clearly missed the damn point.
And yes I get it - my friend was murdered when I was in 2nd grade.

But I never put an online tribute up because it would only be for me and that's what makes it so fucking cringey. It's so fucking self serving.
>>
>>10303778
Are you in the 3rd grade?
>>
>>10303841
No, but that remark puts you there, doesn't it?
>>
>>10303885
Damn, you caught me. I'm totally 8 years old. See you in class tomorrow! Hope you earn a good star.
>>
>>10301507
Wow you aren't good at hiding where you're from. If you have a problem with the mods tell them and stop being a bitch.
>>
>>10303908
you are so clearly upset.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.