[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 40 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Anime NYC will be here before we know it! What is everyone planing? Cosplay as who? Who should we avoid? Any specific guests?
>>
Hopefully I won't get tied up at work, I want to go as shin from dorohedoro.
>>
Wont have a cosplay ready, but I am going, its gonna be my first time.

Is it a good con?

Any cute dudes wanna meet, no homo
>>
>>10244210
It's fun for what it is. Relatively small but enjoyable.
>>
I was planning on visiting for NYCC only but this caught my eye, especially their guests. For a new con they sure have a lot of great artists for the AA and guests in general. How's the quality of this con overall?
>>
>>10244210
>>10244464
I've been the past 2 years, it's one of my favorite cons personally, idk I just feel like the atmosphere is really positive and its run well, plus the AA is great. Reminds me of when NYCC used to be fun desu. It's def growing, last year felt a lot more crowded than the first year.

Plus last year was the same weekend as pet con which was the best
>>
File: shinji.jpg (20 KB, 421x363)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
Got an email from them today. Apparently one of the sponsors this year is EVA Air, which I thought was funny.
>>
>>10243428
This is my second year. I had fun last year though not so much the people I was with. hopefully more fun this year. not sure who im gonna cosplay yet
>>
Have they announced the tickets for the Lantis concert?
>>
is there a discord?
>>
>>10245390
You can always make one. There isn't one for /cgl/ at the moment, tho.
>>
This is my first time going and first time in NYC, it was this or AUSA. I probably will site see on Thursday, not too sure what I will be cosplaying.
>>10245390
There is a small general east coast server that I can link if you want , but I don't know how much activity there will be, however .
>>
Does anyone have any info on the masquerade? Thinking of entering with a skit but I’m not sure if making my own costumes will help me or not? It seems different than normal masqs...
>>
>>10245822
Can I get that link
>>
>>10246068
/yFmmAJt Have fun, I imagine serious discussion will occur when it comes closer
>>
i went last year and had a TON of fun! the artist's alley was stacked, sooo much good stuff
i like that its a bit on the smaller side, personally. massive cons tend to overwhelm me
>>10243735
i'll have to look out for you! i just started reading drhdr, i'm on volume 5 right now and i love it
>>
>>10244210
Relatively small? Ive never been but i looked it up and it has a bigger attendance than magfest and otakon by a decent margin. Two friends and i are attending this for the first time for the FATE GO USA Tour, and ive been trying to gather as much info as i can as its been years since ive gone to a new con. (Only go to Magfest, Ota, and Neko.)
>>
Can I get hotel recommendations?
>>
Quick question: How do you find cosplay groups/shoots to join for this con? I always thought it'd be a fun thing to do and the official cosplay meetups aren't up yet.
>>
>Lantis Matsuri concert sold out in less than 10 mins
>>
>>10249023
Mostly Facebook, they usually list official days and unofficial days for the different photoshoots
>>
>>10245262
Sold out!
>>
Beware of a chubby white photographer named Lawrence Brenner if you're a cute girl, otherwise I think you should be fine.
>>
>>10243428
I can't believe how big that convention center is. There was a pet convention on the other side of the building, and my boyfriend with a cat allergy had no problems whatsoever. We only ever saw animals at the entrance.

This con still has years of comfy in it, because every time the attendees start to get cramped, they can just expand. I'm still stunned at how big the Expo Hall/Artist Alley will be this time.
>>
Only thing I'm actually looking forward too for this year lol. If anyone cosplays any of the Akatsuki members lmk, me and my friend are hosting a group for Saturday and we still need like 4 of them
>>
>>10249139
It actually made me sad. The concert's the main reason I go to ANYC. Hopefully secondhand tickets are available
>>
>>10249351
as long as they have money they can expand, which they are this year, but yeah it's all about cost for the con space.
>>
>>10249258
Please elaborate? I have roomed with him before. Nice and smart guy.
>>
Is there another coupon code for crunchyroll members or is that not a thing anymore?
>>
How do I make friendos?
>>
File: yeahhh.gif (550 KB, 728x720)
550 KB
550 KB GIF
Is the weekend pass worth it? I remember visiting it during its first year and there wasn't enough stuff to keep me there for the whole weekend. I was planning on just grabbing the Friday ticket if I didn't get the weekend's.
>>
>>10256461
Well it's worth it if you want to go two days at least. It's cheaper than both friday+saturday.
That's why I got it, anyway.
>>
What cosplays are you planning?
>>
>>10249258
He's STILL going to cons??
Jfc he needs a new gimmick to bother people. Its been like 10 years.
>>
>>10256679
Isn't going to cons part of his actual job?
>>
what panels are you goin to?
>>
>>10257167
I don't play it anymore, but I want to see the FGO USA tour. I am planning on cosplaying a servent as well, not sure what yet.
>>
>>10257167
I'm excited to see Tomino, and I might try to attend the Miku Itou event if the line isn't too horrific.

Hopefully they announce the panels and Artist Alley tables before November.
>>
File: file.png (87 KB, 266x190)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
>>10257330
i should watch more fate so i can find a servant i wanna cosplay. or play some FGO.

>>10257371
oh damn tomino is there? I gotta buy something /m/ for him to sign. Do you have to reserve?
>>
>>10257371
IIRC the website said panels and artist ally will be announced late October.
>>
When you go to cons do you switch between going to the con and city exploration throughout the day?

I kinda do when it's a city I'm not too familiar with, probably the plan for me
>>
>>10257622
There's jack shit to see, at least in that area.

If anything, I'd get there a day earlier if I want to do any sightseeing.
>>
>>10257884
Ah okay, I'm not too familar with the area, being from Massachusetts.

Last time I was there I did enjoy seeing Central Park and thrifting though.

The food was good atleast. Are you from the area? Any recs?
>>
>>10257895
Well what do you want to do and how much time do you have?
>>
>>10257895
Yeah, I'm local and probably jaded by NYC.

If you like walking through parks, the High Line is actually right next to the convention center. It's a train track turned into a park, and makes for a good walk.

There's very little to eat in the immediate area. If you don't mind going a bit away, K-Town (32nd between 5th and 6th avenues) has plenty of food options, but will probably be rushed by weebs. I recommend the food gallery because they have taiyaki.
>>
>>10257992
I'm there all three days.

>>10258042
I was just in K-Town last time I was there. I would love to have some teriyaki there.
>>
>>10258042
You are jaded being a local. How could you miss not mentioning the 24 hr pizza stand only a few blocks away?
>>
>>10259645
What place is that?
>>
>>10260210
Corner Slice, close to CVS.
>>
>>10258042
Hudson Yards opened up, so now there's some mid to high priced foods, and you have a few Chinese places across from B&H and a diner on 34th just 2-3 blocks away. Tons of places to eat around there, people are just too lazy to walk. Even a Dunkin DOnuts, Chipotle, and 5 Guys just acroos Hammerstein about 3 blocks
>>
I wanna go this year, but I don't have a costume. Will the normies make fun of me if I just wear casual gear?
>>
>>10260256
bro the normies are the ones not in costume
only the nerds dress up
>>
>>10243428

>Who should we avoid

That full of shit scumbag Shizuo cosplayer
>>
>>10251069

Which four do you need?
>>
>>10260271
Explain

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.