[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 25 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: croppeditabag.jpg (188 KB, 1051x505)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
Previous thread >>10219570

Itabag FAQ and Beginners Guide - DO NOT POST YOUR QUESTION IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THIS FIRST
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BUQ5ZQoH1A9vCR2OcdvhrWNv6JChsy-5z21rNugX2jc/edit

Old thread archives
>https://warosu.org/cgl/?task=search2&search_subject=itabag&search_op=op&search_ord=new

Buyf/a/g Guide
>buyfag.moe

Discord Link
>https://pastebin.com/raw/uyMYVnPe (embed)

Bootlegs are never OK to buy and use, don't be a poorfag.
>>
So my dumb ass didn’t read the listing for these properly and I just opened these and found out that they’re mirrors instead of cam badges. Is there a way I can securely add a pin onto the backs of these?
>>
>>10240420
From an outsider POV: Sand the mirror to rough up the surface, use E6000 glue and glue some pin backs (the ones with the holes).
>>
>>10240420
Magnets should also work if you don’t want to damage it
>>
>>10240420
Agreeing with magnets. I use really tiny ones from Amazon in my shrine and even those are sturdy, larger/stronger ones would work for a bag.
>>
>>10240420
Thirding magnets, get some of the super strong ones if you want it extra secure and just use that to attach from the opposite side of the bag's backing, no glue or extra work required
>>
File: 99618544.jpg (112 KB, 550x550)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>10240420
If the magnets don't work out, another non destructive way to use it is putting it in one of those can badge covers and gluing a bar safety pin to the vinyl on the back. They have a 75mm size one that fits most can mirrors, but make sure to measure yours in case the size is different.
>>
>>10240413
Thank you for posting actual itabags OP
>>
hey, its the bts anon from a few threads ago! i redid my layout and made a new insert as suggested, im going to fix the uneven bow shapes later so please excuse those
i wanted to ask does anyone have any tricks for can badges that are kind of "loose" and shift/turn around a lot even when pinned down as much as possible? i have that problem visibly a lot in the bottom row, they look fine when i pin them down while the bag is laying flat then some of them wobble out of place when i put the bag up. i was considering adding velcro or magnet tape on the backs maybe?
>>
>>10242130
individual rare earth magnets on the other side of the insert might work, they’re stronger than magnet strips
>>
File: 270291.jpg (43 KB, 480x480)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>10242130
Your bag looks stunning. Loving all the extra details like the roses and pearls. This might require you to take it all apart but some people use plastic canvas to pin to and keep badges from shuffling around.
>>
File: killmeplz.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
Anyone know the history of itabags? I know it was started by male idol fans, but not much else.
>>
>>10242493
No, it’s a total mystery.
>>
>>10242493
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yzvIn0mdXtY&t
Tiffany Grant made one of Asuka back in like 2004 if you want to get really jokey, but to be fair it does fit the criteria.
>>
>>10242493
The actual idea of merch-covered bags like >>10242524 is old as hell. Conbags are older than itabags, really. But wotas are always trying to catch their favorite idol's attention, so it makes sense that they were first to escalate.

Penlights became a thing for similar reasons: glow sticks become popular because they caught idol's attention on stage, but then glow sticks weren't special so they needed brighter glow sticks, and then traffic batons, and so on. Then they got banned and replaced with legal penlights.
>>
File: Kaoru bag.jpg (971 KB, 1080x1440)
971 KB
971 KB JPG
First time making an actual bag(s), concrit would be great
>>
File: Chrollo bag.jpg (1.16 MB, 1080x1440)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB JPG
>>10242572
And the second
>>
>>10242130
This is the first nice kpop bag I've seen, good job.
>>
>>10242573
First bag is shitty because of the terrible flowers, tons of empty space and non diffused LEDs.

Second bag would be gorgeous if you took the damn flowers off the top. Seriously, drags the whole bag down. And cover your raw LEDs, you shouldn't have them naked like that it's a stain on the eyes and takes away from your nice layout. Scrap them entirely if you dont know how to diffuse
>>
>>10242572
>>10242573
I kind of like the flowers but the colors don't really match well. Get flowers that match with the characters color scheme.
>>
>>10242572
I actually quite like this one, even with the flowers (that character has a thing with roses, right?). Agreeing with the other anon that the empty space is bothering me, though.

>>10242573
I really like the layout on this one, but in this case the LEDs and flowers don't go.

They're both not bad for your first bags, though
>>
>>10242572
For this bag, maybe move the flowers inside the bag to fill the empty spaces? Kind of like the BTS bag posted above.
>>
>>10242630
>>10242666
>>10242668
Thanks for the advice, especially with the lights
>>
>>10242573
>>10242572
I'm not into the flowers for either character, they come off kinda Christmas-y to me. The layout for the Chrollo bag is great though, I really like how you made space for the figure. Get rid of the big flowers and stick to more of those little ones you put in the bag itself.
First bag seems incomplete though, and I agree with the others when they say to diffuse your lights.
>>
File: DOSYqPfVQAEHFHW.jpg (245 KB, 1200x900)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
Are there any itabaggers you admire or use as inspiration? I follow a few Japanese girls who are hardcore collectors and even though I know nothing about their husbandos, I really admire how much love they have for them. I remember one girl who had tons of Yurio merch, her dedication was pretty impressive but I haven't seen anything from her in a while.
>>
Does anyone have itabags of characters who don't have much in the way of both official and fanmerch? Looking for some inspo.
>>
anyone know if itabag palace is okay to buy from? theres a bag i want there but i'm not sure about the quality.
i'd just buy from taobao but i'm also kind of in a rush and was hoping it would ship here a little faster.
>>
>>10243240
Check the faq.

>>10243335
Check the faq.
>>
>>10243348
>>10243335
Ok I'm an idiot and didn't read the rest of the message, sorry. Just too tired of people whining about no merch. There has been some bags with only few pieces of merch in the older threads, you could try looking through the warosu archives.
>>
>>10243335
Itabag palace are just taobao resellers who try to claim they totally made the bags themselves guys really. You see them at a lot of cons and not once have their bags looked anything but cheap and gross. I’ve touched touch the windows on several and I don’t know if it’s the vinyl or something they did but it just feels sticky. Buy from the source or look in the faq for other bags. If you post the design you want someone can probably find you the taobao source.
>>
>>10243335
>>10243394
They source mainly from Sambag and Pinkymilk, I believe.
>>
File: ECfDgCMXkAIbf8_[1].jpg (473 KB, 2894x1308)
473 KB
473 KB JPG
These look.... eh. Cute concept I guess, but what characters would you even use them for?
https://twitter.com/ohayouclothing/status/1164113995936272386
>>
>>10243783
hatoful boyfriend characters and bird pokemon are the first that come to mind
>>
>>10243783
Tamako market?
>>
>>10243783
>>10243791
I've been wanting to make an Iwamine Shuu (Hatoful Boyfriend) bag for ages and I'm kind of sad there's no chukar partridge because that would be a dream come true. I might get the crow because at least the black wouldn't clash with anything, or maybe the pigeon.
A bird pokemon bag would be adorable!!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.