[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 79 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: snowjewelmascaras.png (218 KB, 694x500)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
Old thread sageing: >>10204194

>looking for gold and silver mascaras
>know it's a long shot because boring normie mascaras dominate the industry
>find these two bad boys
>get excited
>quickly find out they're part of an old Missha holiday collection and are completely gone
>guessilldie.jpg

Butter London had a gold mascara for five minutes, but I was a fool and didn't buy it before it too faded into oblivion.

What do, gulls?
>>
>>10224817
YSL has one but its mega expensive lmao

or you could use gold cream eyeliner (like in a pot) and swipe a clean mascara wand on it to put it on your lashes

i've done it before w/ colorful nyx eyeliner pots and it looks p good, doesn't last long tho
>>
File: D6GvhyFU8AAiX8m.jpg (16 KB, 320x289)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>10224821
I appreciate your recommendations and have done some investigating!

>YSL
Idk, anon, I might be enough of a sucker to pay $29 for a gold mascara. Looks like they're gonna discontinue it soon, tho.

>gold cream eyeliner (like in a pot) and swipe a clean mascara wand on it
I'd like to try this.

>nyx eyeliner pots
They have a silver, but their gold seems to be gone. Oof. The search continues...
>>
>>10224817
MAC makes clear mascara, in the pro line. Squeeze some onto a palette and add whatever gold cosmetic you like, mix it, apply with disposable spoolie brush. Works for white and colors as well, only need to buy one product and a package of spoolies .
>>
>>10224817
UD has a duo mascara with gold and silver at nordstrom rack.
https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/2809775?cm_mmc=feeds-_-adlucent-_-connexity-_-pla&utm_source=adlucent&utm_medium=feeds&utm_content=connexity&utm_campaign=pla&utm_channel=shopping_acq_p&sid=972538&kwid=kwid&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1MXpBRDjARIsAHtdN-0YF_AsBeAOSGTgLRRSfPtOMcBfLchWgQnn3uzRE8Mvdghyx_m06BsaAsh4EALw_wcB&color=SLVR%20GLD
>>
>>10224817
I use palladio metallic eyeliner i wipe on my lashes after using a lash conditioner/primer
>>
I'm pretty sure colorpop has one? They released a ton of different bright colors
>>
>>10224817
If you have clear mascara or mascara primer, you can pretty much mix it with eyeshadow to get the colour you want. It's a bit tough to get light colours to show on dark lashes though. For lighter colours, you can consider buying white false eyelashes and then colouring those with the primer/shadow combo.
>>
Halp gulls.
I'm super pale and after trying some tinted moisturizer at Sephora I'm hooked. It looks sooo much better on me than foundation, especially because I have some freckles. My question is though: tinted moisturizer or BB cream? Difference? And what brands?
>>
Does anyone have a recommendation for the best anti-aging/ wrinkle prevention cremes?

Its my birthday soon and I'm feeling down about getting older ugh
>>
>>10226898
I use Revitalift eye cream and night cream, I'm really happy with it
>>
>>10226821
I prefer the finish of most BB creams and how they have more spf. Sorry can't make brand recommendations because the good ones I've used don't go very pale.
>>
>>10226821
BB cream usually gives you more coverage and a higher SPF.

I use Missha myself, it's relatively cheap and it does the job. I'm always the palest shade with western foundations etc. and I only use their second lightest shade so hopefully you can find a good shade for yourself.
>>
>>10226898
Retinol at night, vitamin c and sunscreen at day, hyaluronic acid am and pm. Do some quick "top ten" searches for each of these and you're likely to find options in different price ranges as well as details on whether they have pros or cons in regards to your skin type.
>>
Any tips on how to make false lower lashes look good, or any lower lash recs? Whenever I put on lower lashes, I feel like it looks way too dramatic and makes my eyes look smaller instead of making them look bigger.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1562334214490.jpg (50 KB, 640x800)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
I've started taking care of my skin about a year ago. So far my routine is:

Foam wash
Toner
Essence
Eye cream
(Evening) Sheet mask
Moisturizer
(Morning) Sunscreen
(Evening) Sleeping mask

I rarely use makeup nowdays because it's so friggin hot and my skin looks way better than it used to on its own.

I was wondering, should I start adding anything extra? Vitamins, ampoules, etc? I am 25, and my only remaining concern is some excess oil later in the day. Should I bother?
>>
>>10229783
If you're looking to prevent future aging, then now is a good time to start incorporating Vitamin C, retinol, and other antioxidants. Not all at once of course, but if you're looking to enhance your routine, that's where you should start looking towards.
Otherwise, your routine looks pretty great! In the end the best skincare product is commitment, making sure you do your routine daily and keeping your skin hydrated is what's going to make the biggest difference (aside from sun protection, lol. Nothing beats sun protection.)
>>
Looking for eyeliner reccomendations for oily hooded lids! Specifically looking to buy a brown eyeliner, preferably from an Asian brand and gel. Also searching for a good oil control powder that won’t dry out the skin - my forehead is so shiny in this heat, people can probably use it as a mirror. Not a good look under airy bangs lol.
>>
Since my favorite powder (White Grape Fresh Light Pact from skinfood) left me I haven't found a good replacement, any suggestions? I've tried the etude house secret beam powder pact and the holika holika blur pact but they don't stand a chance. I use cat wink only for cosplay since it covers well but it's not the best for an everyday use.
>>
Any liquid blush recommendations? I like the vibe of cloudpaint but I hear it's quite overpriced.
>>
>>10224817
>where the fuck is it
Can say the same about hair, comm, online comm, kimono, Larme, price check, Menhera and inspo threads. The fashion side of cgl is dying, soon it will just be c.
>>
>>10229871
i have oily lids and the liner from em cosmetics is literally the best... i don’t think they have gel but their brush & felt tip are soooo good. it’s waterproof too, doesn’t come off at all during 14hr days.
second best would be stila but those crack as soon as they get a little wet.
>>
>>10230121
I've heard Flower Beauty has one that's supposedly a dupe for cloudpaint, though I think it's a little more sheer. NARS is another one that comes to mind but overall I think the formula and color selection of the cloudpaint really makes it worth the price. You may also want to check into Korean brands.
>>
I’m obsessed with Mana’s makeup. I think the most striking features are the blue contacts, the eyeshadow, and the eyelashes. Does anyone recommenced any Japanese brands for top and bottom lashes that suit Mana’s style?
>>
>>10230121
Em cosmetics announced a serum blush, probably expensive though.
>>10230141
Fashions come and go anon. Cosplayers also complain about lolitas dominating this board.
>>
>>10230389
this looks trash to me, just my opinion, like a doll who put on too much make up and fucked her eyebrows as well
>>
>>10226821
To me freckles are a blessing, but you do you
>>
File: etude.jpg (62 KB, 584x451)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>10230121
Etude House Water Color Blusher (pic related) is very nice!
Also,
> Berrisom Oops Tint Cheek Cushion
> Innisfree Smart Drawing Blusher
> Holika Holika Holi Pop Watercolor Cheek
> A'Pieu Juicy Pang Water Blusher
> Innisfree Petal Blusher
> Aritaum Liquid Velvet Blusher
> Flower Blush Bomb Color Drops
> Beauty People Absolute Tok Tok Tip Blush
> W.Lab W-Snow Blusher Tip Stick
> Smashbox O-Glow
> Urban Decay Dracarys Lip & Cheek Stain
>>
>>10230405
I got that they wanted something lighter because they didn't want to cover their freckles.
>>
>>10230395
>Fashions come and go anon.
And which one is coming? Oh wait, there are only things going. There are less relevant threads for both cosplay and jfashion. This board is going to the shitters.
>>
>>10230389
Diamond lash. Hate these brows though.
>>
>>10230464
oh, excuse me then
>>
>>10224821
$29 is not even close to expensive lmfao
>>
>>10230812
It is expensive considering you could easily find A good masscara for the third of the price. Your literally paying an extra 20 for packaging.
>>
>>10226898
I found that dermastamping every few months and also some lactic acid in the ole routine were the only things that made big differences
>>
>>10226898
Retin A
>>
Anyone have any brush reccomendations?
>>
>>10230816
Its only $20 extra. Thats like a shitty meal.
>>
Not sure if this is makeup-only thread, but I'm asking anyway: i love ringlet curls, but hate wigs.
Are there any tutorials on how to achieve that with your own hair? My hair is over chest length
>>
>>10231458
Ringlets curls usually require very long length to look good. If your hair is not thinned properly you'll get pyramid hair.
>>
>>10231462
Maybe I worded it weirdly (esl...), my hair is more than chest length, it goes below, so it is really long.
>>
>>10231458
Possibly a rick rack set and some product if you don't want to use heat, or those chopstick curlers if you're happy to use heat and don't mind taking forever to do it.
>>
>>10231458
Try victorian rag curls! Only if your hair isn’t frizzy/doesn’t require heat to look good though. This is the only method that worked for me.
>>
Which Dolly Wink lash glue is the same as the one in the little tubes when you buy their lashes? I just want lash glue that'll peel off in one piece like their tube glue does, so any other suggestions for lash glue that'll come off super easily without a mess are okay.
>>
I used to wear 15mm circle lenses with a heavy black limbal ring (like 1/3 of the lens) back in like 2013 but I can't find shit like it now. It's driving me insane bc this shit used to be the only style available and now everything is natural-looking or has a "fade-to-white" look which looks like some Marilyn Manson shit on my naturally large eyes. 14.5 is the absolute smallest I can go before my irises start showing behind the contacts.

Any idea where I should be looking? Should I try Korean shops instead of Japanese ones? Chinese? Elsewhere?
>>
>>10232099
Do u have a photo example of the style you’re talking abt?
>>
File: limbal-ring.png (895 KB, 992x1200)
895 KB
895 KB PNG
>>10232119
sorry no, struggling to remember what they were called. Closest ones I have right now are Geo Super Ultra Black which I like but wish were bigger. If it helps the ones I'm thinking about were kind of a cross between the last two in this pic.
>>
>>10230395
Nayrt but most of the threads that disappeared aren't specifically for one fashion, just like this thread
>>
>>10224967
>only $12

Fuck yeah. Thank you, based anon.
>>
>>10230141
Autism-chan, you've laughably misinterpreted the title. "Where the fuck is it?" isn't in reference to make-up threads. OP couldn't find a specific type of make-up, and left the floor open to anyone else who needed help finding what they were looking for.
>>
>>10232146
i remember when circle lens first started getting popular here u had to join a group order on livejournal to get a pair, and they only had like, three brands with 15-25 designs each, and ppl would write reviews on gaiaonline.
then later lens sites would categorize them by size..
so many different types of lens now.
anyway
you mean like this, right?
the geo brand still sells a lot of the same styles they did back then
https://www.lensvillage.com/product/ifairy-pearl-black-lens
>>
>>10232180
hahahaa gaiaonline reviews, that takes me back. Thanks for the link! A lot of the sites I was looking at didn't have an option to sort by size so this is really helpful, thanks.
>>
Neck anon here to remind you gulls to take care of your neck during your skincare routine
>>
>>10232091
It's not the same, I bought it for the same reason (loved their tube glue) but the stuff sold separately isn't as strong and doesn't come off as tidily. It's alright but it doesn't give the big satisfying peel of the one which comes with the lashes.
>>
>>10232391
Well ain't that a darn shame. Any other glues you've tried and liked so far? Seems like we have similar taste in this at least.
>>
>>10232391
You can still get that with the big bottle, but you have to let it air for a bit and layer the glue onto the lash before you place it.
If you do a thin layer on the lash and an equally thin layer on your lid, you'll get the unsatisfying result.
>>
>>10232091
I just use ardell duo and it comes off in one piece for me, but maybe I'm using too much lol
>>
>>10232294
thank u neck anon
>>
>>10232294
Of course anon! It must look good on the guillotine ~
>>
>>10231462
like how long? is chest long good enough you think?
>>
idk if this is the right thread to ask in but i'm really desperate.
recently i've let my depression get the better of me and my skin quality has gotten very bad.
i've got quite a bit of acne and i feel like my face is a little dry.
i've recently started to drink more water because i hear that helps with skin quality.
do you guys have any recommendations for ways to repair the skin?
like lotions or a routine i could follow.
i'm a bit of a poorfag and i'm also from the u.s. if that helps at all.
i'd like the name of brands if that's ok
>>
>>10234962
The only thing that helped completely clear my depression-induced acne was introducing actives into my routine. I started with The Ordinary retinol, then the CosRX AHA (can’t handle BHA, but check it out if you’re not sensitive and salicylic acid works for you) and finally the Rohto Vitamin C to finish off the PIH. This took me nearly a year, but my skin is looking so much better now and I barely ever get any breakouts. Definitely research the ingredients and proper application before buying, start slow and stay consistent. I know it’s hard, but you can do it! All products are fairly budget friendly and readily available online afaik.
>>
>>10234962
>>10234977
Samefag, forgot to add - always moisturize well! Even if your skin is oily or acne-prone, it will only improve from a well formulated moisturizer. If you don’t have one for some reason, try to look for something simple with non-comedogenic ingredients and no added fragrance, as those could exacerbate the issues.
>>
>>10234962
In addition to water, try cutting down on dairy and sugar. As for products, I use benzoyl peroxide. Start with a lower concentration and raise it if something low like 2.5 or 5% doesnt work that well. I have to use 10%. Its cheap on Amazon, I buy a generic brand that's like $10 for 3 tubes and it works pretty well. It dries up your skin though so keep it off of dry parts of your face and only put it on greasy parts and pimples.
>>
>>10234977
How do you know the products did it if it took a year?
>>
>>10235096
It took me a year only because I took way longer than people normally do when introducing these products to their skincare routine, since I have eczema prone sensitive skin and was careful not to cause a flareup. The changes were the same as what other people experience when they use these actives, my skin went through the purging and desensitizing period and nothing else in my life or routine changed within that time frame. It’s not that hard to tell what works when you know your skin and pay attention. Plus it takes at least 6 months to a year of continued use for actives to show any visible results.
>>
>>10234962
I hope you're feeling better OP, I relate to this a lot. Especially since i out so much self worth on the quality of my skin that it sucks when it gets bad. Here's some tips I have:

1) No matter what, try to keep a cleanser and moisturizer in an area where you're likely to use it. If your bedroom is far away from your room, keep it in your bathroom so you arent able to tell yourself "oh my stuff is so far away I dont feel like it". If your depression is so bad one day you can barely make it out of bed, I HIGHLY recommend getting a micellar water (I love Cerave's micellar water for this) and some cotton pads next to your bed so you can just rinse your face and keep dirt and grime away until you feel like really washing your face again.

2) Have a short routine in addition to a full routine. On days where you feel good, use your actives, multiple creams etc but on days where you barely feel like washing try your best to at least cleanse your face and maybe moisturize. Keeping up ANY sort of routine helps keep acne away.

For the acne I highly recommend investing in Differin, it's the only over the counter retinol that's certified to work for acne. Get a small tube to see how your skin reacts and if it reacts well, get the $30 tube bc it's a much better deal. The only things you NEED in your routine are a non drying cleanser, a good moisturizer, and an SPF. I recommend CeraVe for everything but the off brand versions (specifically CVS brand) are usually just as good desu. Anything gentle is good! If you could tell me a bit more about your skin (dry or oily, problem areas etc) I can give better recommendations but hope this helps!
>>
File: image0.png (228 KB, 456x898)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
>>10234977
>>10234979
>>10235001

thank you everyone so much, i wasn't expecting this much help and i'm really greatful!!
i looked into some of the things you all have mention, and i think i get it for the most part but if i'm being completely honest it's also a little confusing. i never realized it but skin care seems like some kind of magical science!

i put together a picture of stuff i think i should be getting? if this doesn't seem good, i'd like some input!
for the moisturizer i'm not sure which would be the best to get, i'm thinking the ordinary would be the better purchase? it's just that neutrogena is a bit more easy to buy.

i have some questions about face wash as well, i use clean and clear morning burst and night relaxing but i don't think it actually does me any good. i still feel like my skin is still a mess when i use it. is there any recommendations for a better face wash?

>>10235180
thank you!! this was really helpful, i'm going to go out and pick up some of that micellar water right away.
and i'll look in to differin as well!!
my skin is very oily but dry at the same time. its often flakey and itchy around the nose and forehead areas.
though i break out around my cheekbone area more than anywhere else. i get really bad white heads there.
black heads are most often on my nose.
when i wash my face it seems like my skin gets a million times greasier than it was before as well.
it really bugs me because i hate having such a weird shiny nose.
>>
>>10235529
Clean and clear may be dehydrating your skin. Their cleansers can be more stripping and that makes you produce more oil + dries out your skin, which is the exact symptom you are describing - dehydrated oily skin. So what you need to do is NOT get rid of the oil and moisturize so your skin isn't losing all its oils which will lead to decreased oil production overall and less skin freakout. Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and Cerave hydrating cleanser are generally considered better and are at a more skin-friendly pH, they don't make you "squeaky clean" like clean and clear does but that also means it's not completely fucking your skin barrier up. Don't use the ones for oily skin.
Since you're pretty much starting from scratch I would recommend just starting with either the above mentioned Cetaphil or Cerave cleanser and a moisturizer plus spot treatment. Cerave PM has niacinamide in it and it makes it easier if you want to buy online. Then use Differin to spot treat acne.
>>
it's more of a skin care question but I have acne/ pimple on my behind. On the rest of my body it's pretty moderate but down there it's terrible and the spots marks stay on for a long time. I just use a scrub or a tulle loofa when I shower + full body mosturizing ( I have dry skin ). Anybody had it and find a solution ?
>>
File deleted.
gm goys ive never used anything but eyeliner and blush and i just got my first set of concealer, primer, moisturizer, and powder finish. I heard if youve got acne to use concealer instead of foundation but im wondering if this shit is bad for the skin or not so much if you just wash your face every night. im not up for spending money to make my skin look like shit when i take it all off
>>
>>10237511
I don't think you'll get away with posting titties.

To answer your question, all i know that it is advised for people with acne to focus on using foundation/ concealer specifically on blemished areas, rather than caking it on to create a more natural look. You need to look for foundation/concealor that specifically states it is non-comedogenic if you want to play it safe.

In my experience, acne caused by applying makeup usually happens at the removal stage, either from using awful make-up removal wipes or scrubbing so hard, so use a makeup removal oil instead.
>>
>>10237522
woops didnt realize this was a sfw board
i always thought it clogged your pores and shit. what do you mean when u say using vs caking
>>
>>10237542
you might still be able to delet picture and potentially ban evading
>>
>>10236233
never had butt acne, but for my face acne what actually worked was just washing my face with regular hand soap, like the one you hold and rubb your hands against, regular fucking one, nothing special, don't overdo it though or you'll burn your skin, don't apply it and let it rest like a retard either just apply and wash inmediately, don't do it too many times a day, only when it's greasy, and don't apply excessive ammount of soap
>>
>>10236233
Wash your body after you rinse the conditioner from your hair.
>>
>>10235529
Agreeing with >>10235595 that your skin is dehydrated which is why you have extreme oily and dry skin symptoms. DITCH THE CLEAN AND CLEAR ASAP!! Clean and Clear is trash. I would look into CeraVe, Cetaphil, Aquation, Zapzyt, Differin or any of the off brand versions of these if you need to save a little more money. These brands are formulated to be more gentle - I personally swear by CeraVe and it's worth the money (lasts forever too). Please remember to add in a good SPF in the morning if you decide to use Differin. Sun exposure will make your skin worse on Differin if you're not using SPF since it's an intense product. Also do NOT use anything with Salicyclic Acid as an active ingredient at night when you use your Differin because the two ingredients don't mesh. Use Benzoyl Peroxide at night to spot treat after Differin. You can use Melano CC in the morning (or any other Vitamin C) as it works well under SPF.

My routine for you would look something like this:
MORNING: 1) Salicylic Acne Wash(or regular cleanser, I like ZapZyt Acne Wash and CeraVe Foaming Cleanser)
2) Melano CC or other vitamin c
3) Optional: Mositurizing Toner (I like Kikumasamune and HadaLabo)
4) Moisturizer (highly recommend CeraVe Mositurizing Cream or PM Lotion)
5) SPF (highly recommend CeraVe AM or Canmake Mermaid Gel)

NIGHT: 1) Remove makeup (if wearing) with a cleansing oil or cold cream (recommend Hada Labo Cleansing Oil or Ponds)
2) Regular Cleanser
3) Differin
4) Optional: Hydrating Toner
5) Moisturizing Cream
6) Benzoyl Peroxide Spot Treatment (nothing more than 5%)

These are just my recommendations - start reading ingredients and make sure nothing has added fragrance (or hopefully very little) and other beneficial ingredients like ceramides, niacinamide, glycerin etc. COSDNA is a really good source to plug in products or ingredients to tell you if something is likely to cause acne. Hope this helps again!
>>
File: 1537504954424.jpg (40 KB, 640x480)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
Not makeup really but I have perma dry waves all with the frizz and I was thinking about doing a keratin treatment (with help) and then keep up on oil treatments with more keratin as needed.
Any advice or product recommendations for doing this? My hair is currently chemical/dye free but I'm tired of looking like I'm touching a plasma ball 24/7.
>>
>>10234962
I have tried MANY different actives. BHAs, AHAs, Vitamin C, peels, benzoyl peroxide. I once had to take oral antibiotics, which helped clear up the cystic acne. But I was stuck with regular acne for years afterwards, even on birth control and cutting out dairy.

The ONLY thing that has helped clear the acne has been azelaic acid. I use the one from Garden of Wisdom, it's 10% strength, but I think in the US you can only get 8%. It's helping with general redness as well. Just don't forget to use moisturiser and sunscreen and to cleanse properly.
>>
>>10236233
BHA from Cosrx helps me with butt acne.
>>
>>10235529
The Ordinary's moisturiser is the only one I've tried that doesn't give me acne! And it's nicely moisturising. You should try it, anon!
>>
>be on Instagram
>post from a cosplayer is recommended to me
>the post is a makeup tutorial on how to do different eye looks
>4 out 5 have overwhelming winged eyeliner

Do people know that winged eyeliner isn’t a requirement?
>>
>>10230402
Why are you on this board.
>>
File: facemaskinstructions.jpg (2.95 MB, 1908x2769)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB JPG
i'm hoping someone here can help me with this face mask instructions. google translate didnt quite make it for me and i cant find it online for more info.
just wanna know the steps for application.
>>
>>10239596
the same as every other mask
1) cleanse your face
2) put mask on
3) leave it for 5-20 min
4) take off and rub the excess serum on your hands and neck
>>
>>10239619
wonderful. thanks.
>>
>>10232294
I’m trying to get into the habit of treating my neck the same as my face, but I’m a moron who can’t figure out how to properly cleanse my neck without getting water all over my chest. I need to bend over into the sink and towels don’t stay on, even with clips. Wat do, besides just showering twice a day?
>>
>>10239787
dude, used an oil based cleanser and makeup wipes
>>
>>10239787
Use a wash cloth to help rinse stuff off.
>>
KIKO has a great cheap silver glitter mascara
>>
>>10239358
Honestly yeah, people complain when I DON'T use winged eyeliner. Even when I do guys. It's bizarre how much people look at cosplay makeup trends as being the "correct" way to do cosplay makeup.
>>
Your personal ranking for makeup aesthetics wise
>Eye
>Lip
>Face(foundation, blush, etc)
For me it's
Eyes>>>>lips>>>>>>>>>face
>>
What do I do with a full jar of a cleansing balm that doesn't work on my face? It's such a pain to use it on my body with the jar format, but I don't want to just throw it away.
>>
what setting spray do you all recommend? I want a long-lasting spray so I don't have to do as many touch-ups.
>>
>>10242235
For everyday makeup, NYX is alright, but for cons, Blue Marble is the absolute best.
>>
>>10241485
Apply to hands and wipe off with a tissue before bed. Hands aren’t taken care of as much even though we use them for everything.
>>
Are we allowed to talk about skincare here? I'm about half a month into accutane and after being an oil slick my entire life, my skin is actually scaly. Makeup isn't a concern for me since I don't wear it anymore, but I want to stop looking like a lizard, is there a such thing as a deep moisturizer that won't break me out? A lot of sleeping packs, sunscreens, and lotions do...
>>
Ladies, what are your go-to foundations?
>>
I'm really not very knowledgeable when it comes to skincare and I could use some help.
I'm 35, and due to extreme weight loss my skin isn't looking at it's best.
I'm starting to notice things like nasolabial fold is becoming more noticeable and overall loss of elasticity/plumpness + large pores & sebaceous filaments.
The the ordinary products I bought recently actually seem to be doing something (unlike the many other products I tried) so I want more of their products and I'm looking for the best routine.
I wash my face 2x a day, then apply the ordinary niacinamide 10% with zinc, buffet, hyaluronic acid, purito green level buffet serum and a'pieu madecassocide suncream spf39 in the morning and at night I remove my make-up, wash my face and apply buffet + granactive retinoid % in squaline.
I also use clinique all about eyes.
Should I get a cleanser from the Ordinary and other products, stop using the Korean ones?
Is AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution a good idea? Any tweaks?
Thanks in advance!
>>
>>10243919
I swear by Clinique Even Better foundation. I use 0.75 Custard.
They have a large colour range going from very pale to very dark, in warm/cool/neutrals and the texture is very natural looking and the coverage is build-able.
>>
>>10243944
Clinique has one of the shortest shade range. I'm not even all that pale, and I'm too pale for it. Same thing for their dark shades, they're not dark enough.
But, I agree that their foundations have a really nice texture and light coverage. They're ideal for neutral/pink tones.

>>10243919
I used to use Missha's bb compact, but I got too light for 21 that they sell. The 13 matches me, so I've just stuck to that.

>>10243940
I would recommend a resurfacing mask which is AHA and BHA. I have a lot of sebaceous filaments around my nose and my cheeks get clogged pores, and the masks I use help a lot.
Just remember to be gentle with your skin afterwards, and wear sunscreen. I don't recommend washing your face twice a day, but that's up to you.
Since you're 35, those lines are normal and natural. It's just part of aging, and unless you're willing to get fillers, there's not much you can do. In addition, clinique is a good brand for people in their teens and 20s. You're at an age, where if you want noticeable changes from your skincare, you're going to have to move onto skincare brands that are for anti aging.
Weight loss fucks up everyone's skin, so take a good multivitamin, and you'll probably see slight results in as few as a month.
>>
>>10243917
That's just a part of the process. Try a very very gentle exfoliator, but you're going to be flaky until you're done accurate. It makes your skin much thinner and more sensitive.

Really though, I'd ask your derm for recommendations
>>
>>10243919
I know powder foundations aren't popular, but I swear by mac fix plus powder foundation. With some colour correcting concealer underneath, It does a good job at covering my acne without having to put too much shit on my face and it feels like there is nothing on my face.
>>
>>10243944
>>10243960
>>10244043
Thank you so much! Ive gone through 5 different foundation types that are highly acclaimed but they crack easily and absolutely do not look like natural skin. I'll give these a try!
>>
>>10244076
have you tried fenty? it works so good on my combo skin and doesn’t look cakey at all. get a sample!
>>
>>10230402
>her
You really are on the wrong board
>>
>>10244076

I spent a long time going through the wrong products for my skin until I came across Bare Minerals and pleaded with one of the girls working the stand to help me.
Prior to that everything looked disgusting on me - Everything was either dry and cakey or I'd been 'helped' by other reps by being recommended the wrong shade for my skin. Every single one had been giving me foundation recommended for yellow undertones when I'm more of a pink, so my partner got some free foundation which works perfectly for him (more guys need to use make up for cosplay. It does wonders, I swear).

Anyway I use the complexion rescue tinted hydrating gel cream (opal 01) as a base and then I use the bare minerals matte foundation (Fair 01).
The foundation is more like a powder that you tap into a lid, swirl around on a brush and then buff into your face and I didn't produce a single flake of dry skin. I think the gel cream helps to hydrate your skin a little more and gives the foundation something to hold onto so you don't get cracking and it still looks great after a day at a con while looking natural.

I also really love their concealer, a little goes a long way and I love the coverage.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1562410838613.jpg (2 KB, 112x112)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
>my monthly skincare parcel ended up delivered to a post office all the way across my city for pickup
>message support immediately, no response, not even an automated message
>I will probably not see it for another week+ because of this screwup

This has never happened before. In cases like this I wish I could just buy my shit locally
>>
>>10244127
Fenty is a little daunting specifically because of the price but its on my list!

>>10244441
Thank you sososo much, I really am a novice to makeup so this was very helpful. Thankyou!
>>
>>10229783
If you don't mind me asking, what specific products have you been using?
>>
post skincare routines. here's mine:

- Glycolic acid cleanser (Jan Marini)
- Exfoliant 3x week (Eminence)
- Pore strips for nose + chin every 2 weeks or so (Biore)
- Mask 1-2x week (various, usually Indian Clay)
- Gentle cleanser (Cetaphil)
- Vitamin C face serum (JM)
- Eye serum (Sothys)
- Glycolic acid face lotion (JM)
- Eye + face cream (JM)
- Retin-A for my nasty back-ne
- Grande MD lash serum (if that counts)
And sunscreen always + reapplying. SPF primer, makeup, and setting spray
>>
>>10245341
Thanks for posting your routine. I've been trying to improve my regiment, especially since growing up I was only taught a 3 step system.

I've been wanting to do one of the Korean systems, and I'm not sure where to start. I saw this set online but I'm not sure if the products are good or not, and if I should just buy individual products.
>>
>>10245344
10 step routine was a mistranslation from Korean. They're products you have the option of using and alternating. Doesn't mean you use all of them every day or even need every step. You just need a cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen, and something specific to your skin whether it's dry or oily or whatever.
>>
>>10245355
Good to know, thanks for the tip. Is there a pastebin or blog post anyone here has made about products they've had success with? I can always Google if not, I just like actually knowing that an actual person had success opposed to trusting potential ads
>>
>>10224857
based mua
>>
>>10229783
you should start using BHA 2 times a weeks or Vit C 4 nights a week. Greasy skin in the evening is normal, just use some kleenex gently and you can put after something like a toner or mac fix plus for hidratation
>>10230121
Flower beauty is great and Peripera have some too, also, you can use any mac lipstick like blush.
>>10234962
Drink a lot of water, eat fruits and greens. You can go for a simple routine : facewash, moisturizer and sunscreen but keep it up every day. Later you can add a mask with vit c and collagen, go for the professional ones or the jar that will last for more than half year. Check The ordinary, its super cheap and better than Drunk elephant.
>>10243940
Take collagen pills, it will help you with your overall weight loss skin situation. Enlarge pore have no real solution, you can only keep them clean and then fill them with a silicon primer. Sebaceous filaments can go away with a dermaplaning.
Aha Bha always 2 nights a weeks in any form (cleanser , exfoliator, mask) that will bring light to your face and make you produce more collagen.

And my skin routine:
Morning:
-Any foam face wash while in the shower
-Mario Badescu toner (any one, mosty cucumber)
-Avene creme peaux intolerantes
-fps cream +50
-lip balm
3 times a week
-Oily makeup remover
-Micelar water
-Aha mask
-Alantoine toner
-Collagen moisturizer
-Marula oil
-Lipbalm
2 times a week
-Oily makeup remover
-Face scrub (sometimes Berry AHa or Honey Black sugar)
-Any camomille or cucumber toner
-Vit c+ retinol serum
-First aid moisturizer
1 night a week
all the same but a sheet mask before the toner

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.