[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 24 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: 1357617526245.jpg (508 KB, 1280x720)
508 KB
508 KB JPG
I had an extremely shitty experience with my friends at what should have been a fun convention/vacation. What are some party cons with good panels that I can meet people and make friends? I don't want to travel with my dipshit friends anymore. I was thinking Colossalcon looked fun, but that is a long time from now and looks like it's entirely about the pool and not normal cosplaying and anime stuff.

>inb4 incel looking for sex
I'll probably be going with a lady friend, just not my usual group of friends.
>>
>>10222583
>Make friends at cons
You can't do that if you're a guy.
Even if you're with a friend who's a girl people WILL assume you're trying to fuck them.
Even the fat ones.
Your best bet is unironically go up to some bloke hanging out by himself and saying "Yo my friends ditched me. Wanna hang out?".
>>
Fanime and ALA are party cons
>>
>>10222607
I'd prefer not to go to LA again. That place is kind of an overpriced shithole. I assume most of California is now like that.

>>10222601
Just to clarify, the girl and I may become a couple in the near future. If that matters at all.
>>
>>10222615
ALA is in Ontario (nearby but not actually LA) so it's not as bad. Compared to other places it is still more expensive in general though. Maybe try Dragoncon? That's coming up in a month and some
>>
>>10222601
Found the incel
>>
>>10222607
As well as colossalcon
>>
File: 1563063998752.jpg (41 KB, 367x446)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>10222601
Does this mean if women actively want to hang out with me they want to fuck me Anon
>>
File: 1563203256780.jpg (30 KB, 720x438)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
ITT women don't understand how the world works.
>>
>>10222660
Is Colossalcon East any good? I've only been to a few cons before, but I hated going with my autist friends who didn't want to socialize at all and just held me back.
>>
>>10222601
That's why you have a gf or wear a ring. Girls open up to you more if they know you're already taken/engaged
>>
>>10222927
Yes, CCE is super fun.
Was in the same boat as you as having friends who didn't really care for socializing
I just ended up doing my own thing and splitting off from them, made a bunch of friends.
Still hang out with my initial crew, I just have more options now.
>>
>>10222601
Nigga you is ugly
>>
>>10222601
as a guy its pretty easy just be genuinely interested in a female dominated thing, and GENUINE is the key word. i am odd as fuck and like idols and shojo shit and cons mean whoops now i have friends. Its also nice since most of them are lgbt so I can talk shit and they know I am not flirting since lol gay.
>>
>>10223068
This, especially at the genuine part.
Even as a guy, a woman trying to talk to me about one of my hobbies when she's not into it or invested or picking up a hobby that I have, not because she's genuinely interested, but just because she wants my attention is extremely off-putting.
>>
Discord or forums are usually pretty good, i dunno, i find it easier to find people to talk to prior to the con and arrange to meet up there. But i do have some anxiety issues so going up and talking to strangers is like... freaking terrifying, and i leave an awful first impression what with being all sweaty and stuttey.
>>
>>10222741
Incel
>>
Acen is a big party con, I remember it was like 3 a.m. and my friends went home but I just hung out with these people I met and went back to their hotel and drank with them
>>
Holiday Matsuri. Lots of people there are already pretty friendly because they're in a christmasy mood, lots of parties, gorgeous venue. I went alone for the weekend last year and left with a lot of new friends.
>>
ANYC was a ton of fun last year. Great musical guests and solid AA/Exhib hall. I didn't go to many panels though so idk about that.
>>
>>10224719
That might be fun. December is far away enough for me to save up more money for and I'd probably only be there a few days since it's Christmas.
>>
>>10224733
ANYC is awesome especially for a new convention. it had great energy and there’s also a ton of cool stuff (ie, location) to do outside the con if you’re not from the area. had way more fun than i have at fanime and ax the last few years.

but generally, op, hate to bum you out but i feel like cons are kind of a hard place to MAKE friends. they aren’t like professional conventions where you go to network, they’re generally where people go to hang with friends (like disneyland), so i feel if you want con friends the better route is to find people/places near you to go to cons with. like join a tabletop group at a local comic shop, or a community gaming group, maybe even a weeb club at a community college ? or at least try finding roommates online. but weebs are everywhere
>>
>>10222583
It's not possible til we have some kind of culture shift. We're living in some kind of girls versus boys outrage war right now, and it's probably not gonna end for a few more years.
>>
>>10222583
>making friends with con spergs
>>
>>10222601
At a convention the friend I went with ditched me.

So I found a discord group for the con and hung out with them and now I'm good friends with them
>>
>>10223489
The fact that you think all she wants is attention, and isn't just trying to empathize with you and try to connect, shows your disdain for women in general.
>>
Infiltrating this thread cause I am in a similar boat. I don't necessarily want to make friends but I would appreciate it.

Going to a small con on saturday that an old classmate invited me to. She is working at the karaoke booth. I don't know her well enough to call her a friend or anything. I was gonna go with my real friend but he has to work after all. I feel a bit weird going to an event on my own.

First time going to a con and I live in a rural area in europe so it will be the first time doing anything nerd-culture related.

I got sent here from /adv/ >>>21249068

This thread focuses on gender so are there different rules for me as a girl?
>>
>>10240983
Wow I'm retarded
>>>/adv/21249068
>>
>>10240983
If there's a facebook group for the con you can go on there. Check out the schedule of events for the con and find something that interests you. You can post to the group and say you're new and ask if anyone wants to meet up and go to a particular event with you. I've also made great friends just by finding people sitting by themselves in the food court areas and sitting down to eat with them and strike up a conversation. You can also easily meet people in table top gaming but a lot of the people in there never leave. From my own experience as a girl going solo at cons it's really easy to make new friends, male or female.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.