[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 20 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

I assume either no one goes to this or no one cosplays at this con anymore. Anyone still going if you're the lucky ones this year?
>>
I'm local but didn't snag a ticket. I'll probably just fuck around the offsites around the gaslamp for a few hours

I got my con fix from wondercon already although i would like to score a ticket next year

It would be pretty awkward to cosplay without a badge

also

>Cosplaying in the South California Summer
>>
Going everyday, maybe cosplaying 2-3 days. Weather's been cool/humid. It seems the following days are gonna be less humid.
>>
weather should be fair for the next couple days, but yea pretty hot.

last year we saw a wonder woman cos. accomplished with pasties and body paint. One way to fight the heat.
>>
>>10221939
I wasn't able to snag a ticket this year, but at lease I got volunteering so ill see what I get to do when on duty.

Also this year seem pretty chill in the sense that their isn't much going on. So ill probably take photos in down time and play DnD.
>>
going, no cosplay. going to be playing everything by ear honestly. only thing i have on the books is conan, witcher, and kojima
>>
>>10221939
Local, scored a ticket for the first time since 2013.

Cosplaying Sora (Kingdom Hearts) and Abbacchio (JJBA), not sure which days and what order though.
>>
>>10221939
ive been going to this for the last 6 years and i always see a ton of people cosplay.
you probably just dont notice because its not anime cosplay that youre used to seeing.
>>
SDCC has been on the decline in terms of quality for the last 10 years.
The only thing it does better than every other massive con is how it handles lines and crowds.
>>
>>10223858
I think it's less about literally nobody cosplaying and more about the cosplayer to non-cosplayer ratio being pretty different from smaller cons.
>>
>>10223999
I went to Philly comic con and got exactly that sense. Frankly, it seems Wizard Worlds cons are just to see celebrities and maybe showcase new stuff at SDCC. Lots of the attendees, while polite enough and definitely interested in my cosplays, were clearly there to see guests and get autographs. Not much of the party con goers or shannigans and shit you’d get at a normal anime convention.
>>
>>10223883
>The only thing it does better than every other massive con is how it handles lines and crowds.

It also has lots of content
>>
>>10223858
There are lots of people in cosplay, but relative to the size of the crowd/nature of the event its small.

Lots of factors come into play why there’s lesser cosplay:
- Lottery for badges discourage group cosplaying
- San Diego summers are not kind to most cosplay
- No good areas to do photo ops
- The Venue itself is overcrowded, there is no space or time to do spontaneous pictures, nowadays cosplayers who do above the normal effort (big dresses, wings, props , swords)are seen as nuisances

Nowadays, cosplayers go all out on wondercon
>>
>>10223883
>The only thing it does better than every other massive con is how it handles lines and crowds.

i wish AX took some notes on that. How do they still manage to fuck things up every year?
I was talking to a friend whos at SDCC right now and he said he got inside with no problems at all even though the crowd seemed almost 10x bigger than AX.
people had to wait like 6 hours just to get in on day one. fucking stupid.
>>
>>10224109
Sdcc doesn't do bag checks which makes all the difference. Their stance is that if something happens there are enough cops around both uniform and plainclothes where they can stomp it out quick. Ax, or the lacc, should really take note. Pay overtime for some cops so that you don't have to do bag check and people will love it.
>>
>>10225037
Plus there were more bomb sniffing dogs both on and off the convention center.
>>
Comic Con this year was fine. The only people who constantly bitch at it are ADA people who ride those mobile scooters that complain about it being crowded and Hall H fags who bitch when they can't get into their panels.
>>
This thread came and went

I dont have a badge this year and it was searing hot that a local like me didnt even stay around the gaslamp for more than 2 hrs

Outside of Marlel’s phase 5 announcement i cant probably wont remembers anything this year in terms of announcement
>>
>>10227993
Its fine if you are an annoying normie fuck.
>>
it was fine but the person I went with bitched the entire time about only having Sunday tickets when I was the one who scored us tickets. He didn't even know how to access the portal thing and his ID was connected to my email. Fine go by yourself next time, for fucks sake
>>
>>10228014
>searing hot
it was low 70s, wtf? this is one of the coolest SDCCs in a while. you must have thought the last few days was like being on the face of the sun

>>10227993
ADA ironically has the best experience. they get their own lines for buying things and getting into panels that mere mortals don't get
>>
>>10229144
>Sunday tickets
Id kill for sunday tickets
>>
>When all the Con related banners, billboards, building murals immediately disappear in the following monday

Feels....
>>
>>10229169
he bitched because everything he said was ugly in the first place was sold out and it was the last day so he'd have preferred friday or saturday :/
>>
>>10229200
most booths have separate stock for each day
>>
>>10229200
what an ungrateful faggot. yeah, just let him get his own tickets next time.
>>
>>10229200
>so he'd have preferred friday or saturday :/
As if most people going for comic con tickets have the luxury to choose\

Dont know whats so bad about sunday aside from the con ending a few hours earlier
>>
>>10229720
generally most don't care about sunday because the big players, main attractions, and best cosplays come out on Saturday sometime Friday if they got a good line up.

Sunday is my shopping day because most booths do discounts on the last day, its a little more casual than the other days since everyone is winding down.
>>
From 2009 to 2013 I wanted to go to SDCC, but nowadays it looks like a tired line simulator.
A YouTuber who I followed basically went from being so happy about the con in 2011
https://youtu.be/5HNu2_HQO_A
To extremely depressed and frustrated with it in 2018
https://youtu.be/Y7nw_BFxMdg
He was genuinely happy he didn’t go this year
>>
>>10233411
I had a great time in 2012 and a horrible time in 2013, everyone was rude and the lines were huge.
I was going to go last year just to hang out around the gaslamp and it got even worse. The place where I used to park nearby no longer allowed parking and the Laika exhibit had a 3 hour line in the heat. A coworker was interested in the Taco Bell popup and said the line was also 4 hours. Fuck that.
>>
>>10233517
lol yeah the taco bell was a lengthy experience so it did not have a fast turnaround time for people in line. it was cool but you had to get in line early before it even opened to have a shot. i've been going for 15 years and it's not really fun anymore. the only reason i keep going is because i've been going for so long.

usually i just buy shit to resell but they limited the amount of things you can wait for with the lottery so i actually ran out of things to wait in line for. that means you're free to go wait in a panel line but those are pretty long nowadays. kojima line was at minimum 3 hours to safely get inside the room.

>>10233411
2011 was around the tipping point where getting badges become a pain in the ass. 2011 was the last time it was easy to get in. now everything is lottery.
>>
>>10221939
i live in san diego and i go to comic con every year and sometimes i actually get to go inside comic con as well. regardless i got over a 100 photos with cosplayers this year, some pro, most amateur so the scene is alive and well.
>>
How the hell do people score tickets? I live out of state and everytime I check the SDCC site tickets are sold out god damn...

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.