[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 80 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Please consider donating to help the victims of the KyoAni studio fire: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-kyoani-heal

File: Help-color-1.png (67 KB, 3377x1241)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
Old thread on page 10. >>10183440
>>
Wig recs for Dunban from Xenoblade?
>>
>>10209282
Arda’s Tauriel or Virginia. Epic Cosplay’s Nemesis
>>
how do I find a long fake hair bunch for the cheapest possible price?
>>
>>10209586
How long do you need?
>>
>>10209586
What are you looking for, just straight-up fibers, wefts, extensions?
>>
>>10209602
>>10209594
just straight up fibers and preferabily as long as possible, mininmum 2meters, but longer would be ideal
>>
>>10209586
Buy a cheap amazon wig and cut it
>>
>>10209622
2 meters is very long, I found these that are 82 inches end to end, usually you'd fold them in the middle but you can make wefts that are the full length: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32799656174.html
>>
>>10209622
>>10209649
More colors https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32911152199.html
>>
>>10209650
>>10209649
thanks! just what I was looking for
>>
What’s everyone’s preferred method for building a tinted visor? I’m trying to do one for ODST armor and I don’t know whether I should paint or dye it and/or if I should put a mirror finish on it?
>>
File: Nezuko_anime_design.png (286 KB, 587x838)
286 KB
286 KB PNG
I'm working on Nezuko from Kimetsu no Yaiba and I need help identifying what she's wearing so I can research proper patterning and fabric choices etc. Afaik she seems to be wearing a kimono with a long haori over it. She has an obi, an obiage and an obijime, but what I'm puzzled about is the rolled/bunched up hem of her kimono. Does it have a name? Is it something that's done in real life? I'd love to find photos of actual people wearing their kimono like that.
>>
>>10209266
Has anybody used monokote or ultracote on cosplay before? I’m curious about the outcome
>>
Working on a really last minute punpun cosplay. The base is cardboard with craft foam and craft foam primer and a styrofoam top. Should I spray paint the whole thing or use acrylic paint? Or do I spray the base and use acrylic for the top? I'd need to find spray paint that works on styrofoam if I do.
>>
>>10210338
Not that I know of, but it's interesting!
>>
>>10210368
What primer are you using? I recommend testing it on scrap styrofoam first, styrofoam is tricky because a lot of paints will eat into it and ruin it.
>>
File: mp7.png (1.06 MB, 839x766)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
Heya does anyone by chance know if theres a real world counterpart to this headset? mp7 from gfl
>>
So, I want to cosplay Rem, but really insecure because her maid dress is ungodly short. I have boyshorts, but they don't seem to be appropriate for the costume. What underwear should I use to hide my panties?
>>
>>10211234
spats or the frilly/puffy underwear the priest from goblin slayer is wearing for example.
>>
>>10211256
Bloomers?
>>
>>10211286
I have no idea what anything is called desu
>>
>>10210679
staxx
>>
>>10211296
Google is free
>>
Anyone know how to get 2mm foam to maintain its form when priming it? The instant I start spraying plastidip it curls.
>>
>>10212189
Odd, did you heat seal the foam first? It sounds like the Plastidip is shrinking which pulls the foam into a roll. Can you add another layer of foam underneath to help it keep the shape?
>>
>>10209266
Can I paint pleather shoes with fabric paint or do I need leather paint?
>>
File: Ozyman1 (1).png (245 KB, 512x724)
245 KB
245 KB PNG
So I have most of pic related patterned out and traced onto EVA foam, is it realistic to think I can get this done in 3 weeks? I probably have a collective of 80 - 100 free hours to work on it.
I've never worked with EVA foam before or have made anything resembling armor so this is a new to me.
>>
>>10212302
I did heat seal the foam first. I might not have heat sealed it enough. I judged by checking if surface was smooth or not, but maybe I should have just blasted the foam on super high heat for longer. Although head sealing the foam would also curl it. I tried putting something underneath but it would still curl. I think I might have to use some double sided tape to keep it flat.

I don't have much experience working with foam. The reason why I'm using 2mm foam is because I want a really thin profile, but it's giving me more trouble than it's worth. Has no one else experienced these warping issues at low thickness? What's the thinnest mm foam you all have used that didn't give any issues heat sealing and priming?
>>
>>10212426
Sure, 100 hours is a lot. Do you just have the armor left or do you also have to do the sewing parts?
>>
>>10212317
Get leather paint, fabric paint won't do
>>
>>10212505
Thanks!
I do have to sew as well but I'm not too worried about those pieces.
>>
Advice on starting to do commissions? I’m pretty good at modeling/prepping meshes for 3d printed props and have been told I should do commissions for it, how do I start to find customers/advertise my service??
>>
File: 1562310278760m.jpg (110 KB, 1024x1024)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
Hello there I bought a white turtleneck and wanted to dye it the same navy blue as is on pic related. I have never dyed any garment before, does anyone know of the best and cheapest way to go about it?
>>
>>10212839
Firstly I'd advise you to put together a showcase if your best work which also displays your prices. Beyond that I'd say to post on social media and tag your work so it appears in people's searches. Working with commercial characters who are popular also makes it easier for people to see your work and then if their interested will see your prices. This is the easiest way I know of
>>
not sure if this is the right thread, but I'll ask anyway:
I've been wanting to cosplay vincent law from ergo proxy for a while now (like pic related) and I have the means to make 90% of it on my own. the only issue is the body/face paint... do any of you consider something like this to be blackface (I'm white, also like the guy in pic related) / do you think it would make other people feel uncomfortable?
>>
>>10213578
is "blackface iven that bad when done in the context of a cosplay? You aren't mocking anybody or looking down on anyone, you are just respecting the character by cosplaying as them.
>>
>>10213597
I suppose it's more about intent, yeah, but I've still seen white cosplayers get called out for darkening their skin to play certain characters (which I think is a valid criticism, to be clear. you should be able to cosplay a character of a different race without changing your skin color, that goes for everybody).
my issue with vincent is that it's not really a racial thing? his proxy form is just a really dark grey/black, not black in the racial sense. the mask alone might be enough to avoid it being called blackface, but I guess it still worries me.
I'm probably overthinking this, sorry for the blogposting
>>
>>10213615
it's literally not blackface. what in the fuck is wrong with you. it's a character, not a person you are making fun of.
>>
>>10213597
It just has a lot of historical baggage with it; just because you don’t intend for something to be mean spirited, doesn’t absolve an action of its greater context. Just cosplay the character as you are, it’s fine.
>character is mr popo
>wait, shit
>>
>>10213635
I tought the historical stuff was mainly dark black with big round red lips. Would just darkening your skin actually be that bad? It kinda feels ridiculous for a person to get upset just for someone painting their skin darker. Not that I have plans on cosplaying as a person of colour
>>
>>10213578
Nah, I don't think so. Imagine a white dude cosplaying Dark Link. It'd be weird if he didn't paint his skin dark.
>>
>>10212839
It's more about sewing than props but it still applies, I recommend watching a recent video from Morgan Donner about offering commissions
>>10213073
That turtleneck is black. But my advice, look at the tag that says what kind of fiber it is and get dye made for that fiber. Going from white to a dark color you may have to do it in two or more rounds.
>>10213578
I don't think it's blackface but people might still say it. Most people won't care though. If you're really scared make your facepaint more grey than black or another unnatural color like dark blue.
>>10213597
>>10213660
I just think regardless of intent, if the thing you're doing is hurting and upsetting a lot (and I mean millions) of people who have a genuine reason to be hurt and upset by that kind of thing, even if you don't personally believe it to be bad, it's very disrespectful to all those people. It's just so easy to not do that. That's why I won't do it and I won't support cosplayers who do it. Anything beyond that is between you, your god, and concerned Twitter users.
>>
File: wings.jpg (50 KB, 667x625)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Has anyone ever packed wings as checked baggage (flying from between Canada/US)? I'm wondering what the approximate cost would be if it's possible.

If it's not possible or too expensive, is there a good way to make each wing separate into 2 pieces to reduce the size? I'm making them out of wire, felt, and real feathers so weight won't be an issue. The harness and wings will be detachable from each other and will look similar to the set pictured, each wing measuring about 50" L X 25" W.
>>
File: noah-rebei-untitled.jpg (106 KB, 1920x1080)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
I'm making this sword out of EVA and a base katana handle and I need to have the bottom blade be able to come off for travel purposes. I'm not sure what I would use that would also be stable? I've never made a collapsible prop before and I'm sure I'm over complicating it, but any advice is deeply appreciated.
>>
File: 1562233059999[1].png (1.36 MB, 768x1024)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
I tried posting this in the BST thread and they suggested I try posting it here too
WTB a tingle hood. completely serious. I'm visiting a friend in a month and we were going to play wind waker together and use the tingle tuner, and I want to make it so whoever is taking a turn on the tuner has to wear the hood while they do it. don't need anything fancy, and honestly it being mildly shitty might kinda add to the humor. I was hoping I could just find something on ebay or etsy or some shit, but they only have full zentai suit costumes, and I don't want to swap that around with a friend. this is a pretty good example of what I'm looking for, just minus the twink link hair. if you want to make a few bucks for a shitty green hood with stuffed elf ears, then hmu
>>
File: 3.jpg (106 KB, 346x918)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
What kind of fabric should I be using for his outfit?

A lot of ready-made cosplays I see look too stiff and I don't like it, so I wanted to make it myself.
I want flowy fabric.
>>
>>10213578
You're not attempting to emulate a person of African descent or a dark skin color, so no.
>>
>>10210328
im not sure if this is helpful but asirpa from golden kamuy also wears a kimono with a rolled up hem. looking at how cosplayers have do it might be helpful
>>
>>10214493
I recommend commissioning it, find a local cosplay crafter who offers commissions and be sure to tell them about your short turnaround.
>>
To the anon who replied me here: >>10200375
I just want to say thank you for taking your time to answer, the costume is not bad for being a cheap one but at this point I've already decided to buy a proper lolita dress and modify it a bit for the best result. Might post some pictures here once I'm ready. Thanks again.
>>
>>10214905
I live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. there's no "local" anything unfortunately. online is my only option
>>
I'm cosplaying as Nedry from Jurassic Park, and I want to have the East Dock sign with me. As I don't want splinters or having to carry a 20+ wood plank, what's a decent wood substitute? I've tried looking up wood substitutes, but they're all for pillars or columns.
>>
File: east dock.jpg (104 KB, 960x540)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>10215158
Oops, forgot to post it. Also, where's a place to get the signage and the spinny bit?
>>
>>10210006
don’t know about making it look amazing but worst case you can just use window tint film
>>
>>10215085
By "local" I mean in your country/state so shipping is quicker, since your turnaround is pretty short.
>>10215158
I'd make it out of foam, it's light and you can create a wood grain with a hot knife/soldering iron.
>>
I'm a somewhat muscular guy with a baby face, who are some good anime/vidya characters I could cosplay as that take advantage of my physique? Pic related is similar to my body.

I like Jojo, but probably not that because I don't look manly enough for it. So far all I have is timeskip Eren Jaeger.
>>
>>10215553
Go to >>10205325 and fill out the sheet
>>
>>10215553
not all jojos are complete beefcakes. Giorno, Gappy/Part 8 Josuke, and a lot other side characters can work
>>
>>10215553
Watch more Jojo.
>>
>>10215553
It would help to know more about what you like. But Fire Emblem has a lot of characters that I think might suit you.
>>
>>10215532
ah, my mistake. I don't even know where I;d begin looking for something like that
>>
I'm making a pretty large wizard hat out of felt, we're talking about almost big hat logan level of hat here. What would be your suggestions for reinforcing the rim so it doesn't droop like crazy?
>>
>>10215678
iron on interfacing for heavyweight fabric
>>
>>10215678
This is what buckram is for. There are different weights, for something that big you probably want the heaviest.
>>
>>10212189
>>10212453
That’s VERY odd. I’ve used plastidip on craft foam and I still didn’t have these issues. If you’re using the spray can version, you could be using it too closely. Make sure there’s about a foot of distance between the nozzle and the foam. That’s the only issue I could think of.
>>10213073
Get an old pot from goodwill. Get about two packages of liquid black rit dye. Boil the recommended amount of water, and follow the instructions.
>>10213578
As a black woman, thank you for asking before doing it. IMO I think you’re okay since you’re not painting your skin a shade of brown. It’s black, like a void. Think of Dark Link cosplayers.
>>
File: U-1146[1].png (371 KB, 479x956)
371 KB
371 KB PNG
was thinking of doing a white blood cell cosplay for my next project but ive never used any sort of makeup before.
anyone have any suggestions as to what kind i should purchase?
I saw some white blood cell cosplay pictures from this years AX and the ones that decided to paint their faces, they all looked pretty bad. they all basically looked like heath ledger joker with that cracky paint job.
I definitely want to avoid that if possible.

also, sorry if this belongs in a makeup thread instead.
>>
>>10215791
A nice, even facepaint requires practice. There are quite a few types to choose from but most people I see use Mehron Paradise paints. I recommend finding a tutorial and following it.
>>
File: 1.jpg (651 KB, 1500x1380)
651 KB
651 KB JPG
How can I fray the sleeves so it looks more like the right without completely ruining it
>>
File: 81GV485xRcL._SY606_.jpg (30 KB, 424x606)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
I'm drawing a blank for her sword. It's pure lighting. People have suggested the clear worbla but the last time i tried to use it, it dudn't go too well.
>>
>>10214833
lightweight cotton twill or something similar. you need something with some amount of structure for the collar and hat
>>
>>10215791
i'm not kidding, you should look into clown makeup tutorials/professional grade clown makeup
>>
>>10215801
thanks, ill look into that. i guess i probably should specify that i probably need paint that would hold up in hot days since I live in california. so basically something that wouldnt easily get messed up from sweat.
>>
>>10215820
Make a shallow cut and pick at the threads with tweezers. Give it a shot on a similar separate fabric.
>>
>>10215829
You could cut tinted plexiglass
>>
>>10215829
You can try plexiglass coated with resin (Like this; https://youtu.be/pgHmjsoc1LA)
>>
>>10215782
What was the thickness of the craft foam you were using? Also I'm spraying 6 inches away and applying the plastidip as shown by KamuiCosplay
https://youtu.be/WVcfaIGedtk?t=150
>>
>>10215820
I've found that a steel brush works really well to fray the edges of fabric. Undo the hem of the armhole, cut a jagged edge, and use the brush on that edge until you like the look of it.
>>10215829
Sculpt or 3D print a master and mold and cast it it clear resin?
>>10216133
Alcohol-based face paint is going to be water and sweat resistant. I believe it's also more expensive, harder to remove and worse for your skin, which is why most people use water-based options.
>>
>>10215930
Thank you! my biggest problem was that english is not my first language and fabrics don't seem to translate well in most engines
>>
File: 00aNsL1.jpg (134 KB, 900x1200)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
I want to get a wig for pic related, however when I search specifically a ready-made wig for him, it's only available in purple (because it's the color in the anime version).
I need it in black.

Should I buy that and dye it black, or should I buy a normal short black wig and cut it/style it myself?
The problem with the latter is that I am not confident with my skills at ALL. I've ruined multiple wigs trying to cut them.
>>
>>10216981
Definitely buy a short black wig and cut it. I doubt it'll even need a style if you can find one the right length. desu, it doesn't really need much, if anything done to it to be styled. Just tousle with a hair dryer, pick some portions for the hair to be made into pointed tips and squish the ends together with a lil gel on your finger tips. You could even run your fingers through it with very little gel to keep it tousled. Hard to fuck up, you should be fine.
>>
what are some good places to buy custom sized costumes from, i want to crossplay zero two but i dont trust anything from ali express
>>
File: iwvg.jpg (37 KB, 639x479)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
For those of you that have been to Katsu, do the other hotels near the con have convention discount blocks? Or is it just the Gaylord and you have to pay regular price elsewhere?

>inb4 it's too early
>>
Is there a name for the base of this type of hat? Its not quite a cop style hat which is what i made the mistake of getting before comparing it to the actual pic, thankfully it was just a shitty 5 dollar amazon one.
>>
>>10217718
Looks a lot like Japanese WWII officer caps, pic related
>>
>>10217721
>WWII officer cap
>50+ dollary doos on Amazon
fml i may just have to make it from scratch
>>
>>10217725
It's similar in structure but it's not the exact same, you don't need a high quality replica. Just look for an officer cap with the same seam down the front.
>>
What would be the best way to go on about making NVGs ? I guess 3d printing or just byuing a broken one ?
>>
>>10218291
I think evike or another airsoft retailer would probably have replica NVGs, presumably with the proper mounting brackets for helmets and such.
>>
I ran out of 4 mm EVA foam for a project that needs to be done ASAP, and I don’t have time to order more. Unfortunately though I only have 2 mm and 7 mm available to me locally.

Would it be super dumb to contact cement 2 sheets of 2 mm foam together and treat that as a “4 mm” sheet? I can’t use the 7 mm because I need the armour to be thin and form-fitting, but 2 mm on its own is too weak. I just don’t know if that would work. Any thoughts?
>>
Couple of questions, first, I have an Arda wig in fairy blonde that I want to use for Sypha, any recommendations on what shade of Rit/iDye to use to get the color? CowbuttCrunchies has their dye chart and I’m leaning towards iDye orange since I’ll have the yellow base, but should I attempt to add a touch of brown, or would that make it too dark? Her hair is that weird mix of not quite brown, blonde, or peach.

Also, would transpa art be too heavy for a pretty big set of fairy wings? The ones I’m looking to make would be just about as tall as me (gonna make them smaller than exact scale would be) and they’re colored a rainbow gradient that looks kind of stained glass-ish, and I know transpa takes dye relatively well. Just don’t want to die carrying them on my back.
>>
What are the go to youtube channels to watch if I want to learn about foamcrafting as a complete beginner?
>>
>>10218614
Punished Props, Zonbi's Workshop, and KamuiCosplay.
>>
>>10218581
>would transpa art be too heavy for a pretty big set of fairy wings?
I can't speak to the heaviness, but I definitely know that cellophane and cardstock or wire would be lighter.
>>
>>10218636
Yeah, that’s what a majority of tutorials suggest but these are gonna have foam details and a couple different layers to them, I was hoping to avoid the wrinkling I’d get from cellophane which is why my mind went to transpa. I’ve just never worked with it so I don’t want to get in too deep!
>>
>>10218713
Perhaps plexiglass or vinyl would work better for your purposes?
>>
Is this wig good quality? The image is from wig supplier.com, I've never bought a wig before and I noticed the wig thread was down.
>>
>>10218774
Based on the picture alone, it looks a little thin. I'm not sure if that's the weft track poking out over the top of the right side of the bang, but if it is then don't go for it. Not to mention that the styling is horrible.
>>
>>10218781
I was going to restyle it if that matters
>>
>>10218784
I agree with the other anon, you should go with a more reputable wig brand like Arda or Epic Cosplay. Plus it'll be difficult to restyle a wig that's that thin since there won't be a lot of fiber to work with.
>>
File: 2162.jpg (179 KB, 512x724)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
Anyone knows a store that sells cosplay swimsuits? I want to cosplay pic related but all i find is her other ascension outfits
>>
>>10218919
The style looks fairly generic, you can probably find it in normie swimsuits
>>
>>10218581
I'd try with just the orange first and add brown if you think it necessary, do a test run on just a weft first to get the color mix right
>>10218565
If you have complex shapes to do with the foam, you should use the 2mm, do the outside of your armor with one layer and pattern an inner layer from it. It will make it stiffer without compromising the shape.
>>
>>10218720
Ahhh, I wonder if I can try the vinyl! And plexiglass didn’t even occur to me whoops. Thanks!

>>10218948
I’ll see how the orange looks, thank you!
>>
>>10218919
There's this one in Taobao https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.256.328d348eMzpwAQ&id=576235972570&ns=1&abbucket=18#detail
It's probably gonna roll to Aliexpress or Ebay eventually if you don't wanna order from Taobao. Also like >>10218945 said, you might be able to find that style in normie shops too.
>>
>>10218781
>>10218797
Thanks anons I ended up going with an epic wig and it looks soooo much nicer
>>
>>10219680
Glad you avoided disaster, anon
>>
Male here. I have no experience with cosplay, but I need to know how to do deku makeup. I have found a few tutorials, but I don't know what all I need to do it, and honestly I'd like to know how this person did it.
>>
>>10219738
Circle lenses, foundation, concealer, eyeshadow, eyeliner, false lashes, and lip tint.
I suggest you learn how to do makeup as a general subject rather than focusing only on how to do makeup for Deku.
>>
>>10218565
I've used doubled up 2mm foam as 4mm foam before and had no issues. The only thing you need to keep in mind is that if you have a lot of extreme curves going on, bend the 2mm foam pieces *before* gluing them together.
>>
File: 1562526447400.jpg (145 KB, 1199x800)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
where does someone get a mask like this.. would I have to try to make it myself, or like, is there a website or... I dont know.
>>
>>10219738
would recommend not using that pic as your makeup model if you don’t want to look like a girl. those are some serious lashes, don’t know why they did that because deku doesn’t have eyes like that at all...
>>
>>10219772
Research animegao kigurumi
>>
File: azel4.jpg (482 KB, 749x1133)
482 KB
482 KB JPG
How should I make a bodysuit of pic related?
I want the black part to be matte while the white part somewhat thicker and shiny. But how do I achieve that?
Get a black bodysuit and paint the white parts on top,
get a black bodysuit and use heat transfer vinyl for the white parts,
or sew a bodysuit out of two different fabrics? will that affect it's stretchyness?
>>
File: Ozyarm.jpg (2 KB, 81x74)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
Trying to do Ozymandias as an EVA foam dipshit beginner.
Patterned pic related as a straight up rectangular bicep bracelet and cut it out using 5MM foam.
I intended to do this with the rectangle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ5NhDV-YBM and forming it to shape with a heat gun.
After doing what the above video does and before gluing/heat gunning it, trying to form the raw foam into shape doesn't make for a smooth circle, it juts out.
Trying to cut a little triangle to remove the points doesn't seem to be working

Please help this dumdum. Am I supposed to pattern this in a different way?
I legitimately don't even know what to google to solve this.
Getting super thick foam and just beveling it down would probably the the simplest solution, but I unfortunately don't have the time for that as I'm trying to get this done fast.

>Doing ozy as a beginner in a rush
Yes I know.
>>
>>10220148
Consider using eva foam for the parts you want thicker
>>
>>10220275
Not bending it into bracelet form, but pic related is what I'm trying to prevent
>>
>>10220148
Paint or heat transfer vinyl is likely to crack and just generally look bad. Sewing two different fabrics together seems like the best solution but it's also difficult for the reason you said. Be ready to try several times before you get one you're happy with.
>>
File: stretch test.jpg (40 KB, 540x590)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>10220148
>will that affect it's stretchyness?
I agree with the other anon, two fabrics is your best best. Choosing the right fabrics here is crucial. You should make sure that both fabrics stretch in the same directions (both two way or both four way stretch) and at roughly the same length. Meaning, you should hold one side of the fabric against the start of a rule and measure out how far it stretches. Don't yank on the fabric, just gently pull them apart as your body naturally would. They need to be at least within half an inch of the same stretch or you're going to run into problems.
>>
In case the guy with the Griffith Pep comes to post here
You either make it out of paper, then apply resin and bodyfiller before you prime and paint it or you make it out of foam and apply wood glue before you prime and paint it.
>>
File: ghirahim.png (1.83 MB, 1438x2007)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB PNG
Anyone know anybody good for doing commissions? I'd like to commission a Ghirahim outfit and I dont want to use a typical bodysuit, I'd like something that fits a lot tighter and doesnt stretch the diamond pattern.
>>
File: alan hair.jpg (201 KB, 1146x998)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
Good wig to get a hairline like this? Guessing I'll need a lace front. Anything that doesn't charge out the arse for shipping to Australia is a bonus
>>
>>10221096
@disastertowncosplay on Instagram has a lot of experience with stretch fabric from making underwear and wrestling gear, ask if they're open for commissions?
>>10221101
I'm unfamiliar with Australian stores but a lace front is a must.
>>
I'm pretty new to foam smithing and an going to attempt to make my first sword. Any suggestions on how to get a nice bevel on the edges of the sword? I unfortunately do not have a workshop, only small power tools like a dremel, though when using it I end up taking out huge chunks out of the foam every once in awhile. Is it just a matter of learning how to control the dremel better or is there another, better way to bevel?
>>
>>10221281
The important thing is to move your dremel in the direction it spins, if you try to go against the rotation it'll be very bumpy. The density of the foam also matters, higher density will rip less and take more detail. Kamui cosplay has a recent video with tips on detailing foam that might help you there.
>>
>>10221281
>another, better way to bevel
I've not actually tried this but a hand plane or similar might work pretty well if you have access to one
>>
Does anyone have tips for working with knits? I'm making a suit like pic related but I have no idea where to begin since I've never worked with knits before.

More specific questions are:
>would draping the pattern be better or flat drafting it?
>When sewing it, should I sew it with a straight stitch (ofc using a ball point needle) and then serge the edges? I've read that only serging the seam isn't strong enough on its own but other sources say that only serging the seam is ok.
>>
How do I ask an artist who only speaks Japanese if I can cosplay their design?
>>
File: imsosorryitsshit.png (1.06 MB, 2024x1448)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
Ok so im literally going to be the only one in this thread doing this but ok. I'm not into anime, I like star wars, hopefully, someone can help me out considering im making a cosplay. I want my cosplay to feel in universe to the max. So as you can see here, i got this going on. I need a backpack i think, possibly not but still advice is nice. i already have the weapon and holster, i think small assecories is what it needs like necklaces, jewelry, etc.
>>
>>10221720
What exactly are you asking for advice on?
>>
>>10221601
I recommend starting with a commercial pattern and making mock-ups. If you have an actual serger, you can get away with only serging the seam, if you're using a regular machine you need to sew the seam. A regular straight stitch won't stretch though, so if you need your seam to stretch pick a stretch stitch (not zig-zag)
>>
>>10221673
be like

hajimemashite
kono dezain ga suki desu
yoroshikereba dezain wo kosupure shite mo ii desuka?

thats some really basic ass japanese but it should get the point across
>>
>>10221912
oh and obviously you should include a link to the one you want to cosplay otherwise it will make no sense
>>
>https://camoeyes.com/

Is this site legit? I think a gas station around me sells contacts, but I'm not sure - I haven't been in there in years.
>>
>>10221905
Thanks. And one more question, should I use a 3 thread or 4 thread stitch on my server? I’m assuming 4 thread would be more stable. I haven’t found a source that says what number of threads to use, only “use a serger!”

>>10221912
Nayrt but this is really helpful info. Thanks!
>>
>>10221986
If you have the manual for your machine it should say in there what stitch is used for what. On my machine the stretch stitch is the 4-thread one.
>>
>>10216146
>>10216155

I forget all about plexiglass. I'm going to order some and test it out.

>>10216557
I thought about making a mold to resin cast but was worried about weight.
>>
Where’s a place I can get a miku wig quickly for under $40? specifically before august. Amazon is not available where I am. Not too fussed about quality bc I’ll probably only wear it once or twice.
>>
Does anyone have any recommendations for places to buy natural looking dance tights from?

>>10215791
I used white snazzaroo a long time ago and it worked quite well. Also make sure you properly apply and seal it for the best results.
>>
Where can I get a good bunny suit?

All the ones I see online are cheap chinese shit made for really small people.
>>
>>10222712
Your best bet is probably secondhand via Facebook groups.

>>10223044
Fair warning: if you want a real bunny suit that fits well and holds itself up, it’s not gonna be cheap. Look for people who have experience with making corsets or other similar fitted garments with boning. Otherwise use a leotard pattern and modify it to be a bunny suit, sew it up, and use clear bra straps to hold it up.
>>
>>10222913
Carpezio
>>
>>10223088
This. Corsets aren't cheap or easy to make, bunny suits are even harder. If you don't want to make it from scratch, buy a cheap one and alter it to fit your size and standards or get it commissioned.
>>
>>10222712
https://www.amazon.com/MapofBeauty-120cm-Beautiful-Straight-Cosplay/dp/B0070XB2FW
I've used MapOfBeauty twice before and I like their quality. Their wigs can be a little thin for styling, but otherwise look great.
>>
>>10223162
They said Amazon wasn't available where they live
>>
>>10222712
Possibly AliExpress if you’re not concerned about quality. Spring for faster shipping and it should still be under $40. Alternatively, like the other anon said and try a secondhand FB group.
>>
>>10223088
>>10223161
Aw, damn. Okay, thanks.
>>
>>10223326
If only I had reading comprehension. That store might also be available on Aliexpress, I haven't checked desu
>>
I'm making a sword that's about 5 feet long and uses PVC pipe surrounded by foam. I'm debating on if I should make it one continuous piece or split it into two pieces, separated around the coupling. The latter would be easier to transport/dismantle but last time i tried something like that, it was a wobbly, ugly mess. Suggestions?
>>
>>10224166
Why was it wobbly last time?
>>
>>10224302

I had to use two pieces of pipe last time, but the connection with the coupling wasn't very tight. I'm thinking if I use glue it together permanently, the connection will be better, but I lose out on the option to take it apart by doing so. The other thing that's different this time is that I using longer sheets of foam, so it would also look better since it'd be one continuous piece.
>>
>>10224166
Narrow PVC pipe often gets wobbly on longer pieces. Wood dowels are heavier but they'll stay straighter, and you can have the parts screw together.
>>
what would be the best way to construct this head? i was thinkin to wait until halloween and get a plastic cauldron to cover with fur but i might not find the right shape. considered making it with foam like a fursuit head but that sounds miserable to wear and could look really bad
>>
>>10224525
Look up mascot heads. Essentially it'd be chicken wire covered in foam, then covered in fur.
>>
File: sketch-1563548298829.png (1.32 MB, 1080x1647)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
So what exactly are these kind of shoes called?
I've tried search terms like "school girl shoes" and "school uniform shoes" and while I get sparing results, they're all kinds of variants witn floral patterns, thick soles, etc.
I'm looking for pic related. A pair of slip on black shoes with a rounded toe, 1 strap with a small buckle, and a glossy finish.
>>
>>10224536

Mary Janes
>>
>>10224534
chicken wire sounds like a bad idea, especially around my eyeballs. also most mascot tutorials are just fursuit tutorials but uglier
>>
>>10224538
Thank you very much!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.