[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 40 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: nl_be.png (454 KB, 1100x1000)
454 KB
454 KB PNG
Previous thread >>10181758
>Animecon coscrunch was real
>Animecon happened. Reactions were mixed, some people got harassed in and around Ahoy, boring/weird panels, audio issues at main stage, Deshima Sounds finally upped their game, plenty of in-depth feedback has been given, no visitor numbers have been released, lots of rumours are going around for next year, also no news on a new date or possible new venue yet.
>No seriously, I'm not going to list all the feedback and stories provided in the previous thread. If anyone wants to read it, check the archives.
>Also also, I need eyebleach.
>Visiting conventions in the US as a Dutchie
>Anon's nephew enjoyed playing Rock Band or Guitar Hero
>Shinyacon announced for 2020
>I need eyebleach
>Anon: Is TomoFair Utrecht worth it?
>Japanfest Amsterdam happened, turned out to be Tomo in disguise and lacked in the whole Japanese festival department. Lots of negative reactions online due to false advertising that.
>It's hot, I'm busy, so that's all the recap stuff I'm willing to write right now

Upcoming major events:
>TomoFair Utrecht (June 29th, Utrecht UT): The usual Tomo stuff.
>El Mundo Fantasia (July 6th & 7th, Landgraaf LI): a fantasy event with a zoo.
>Castlefest (August 1st-4th, Lisse, ZH): A fantasy event with amazing food, good music and overall comfy vibe.
>Imaginarium Festival (August 16th-18th, Tietjerk FR): A fantasy event of which I know nothing about but made its way onto the schedule.
>Abunai (August 23rd-25th, Veldhoven NB): the last traditional Dutch anime convention of 2019, now with a freshly renovated NH Koningshof and 100% more weirdness.
Full list: https://dutchgulls.nl/en/agenda/

Links and advice:
>POSTS MADE IN DUTCH ARE AGAINST SITE-WIDE RULES AND WILL BE DELETED!
>When attacked by a wild bear, odds are you aren't in the Netherlands anymore.
>Our site with a store list, newcomers guide and more: https://dutchgulls.nl/
>Our Discord: https://discord.gg/QAYNyfY
>>
Also I'd like to add the following considering recent and prior events. Please try and report any harassment you experience or witness during a convention to staff or stewards. This will allow them to take immediate action which will not only keep you safe, but also your fellow con visitors. If you aren't sure whether or not you should report something, than please know that it's always better to report too much rather than too little. Even after the convention is over or when things took place away from the venue, these reports are still extremely valuable as they canl be used to improve security for the next edition.

Convention staff will always have your back and support you where possible. Your safety is their priority. Now let's go back to our regular shitposting and complaining about the heat.
>>
Also.. let's ignore the whole TomoFair Utrecht department (and the rest of Tomo) and continue talking about the things that matters. ;)
>>
>>10203668
but tomofair does matter! it's the best thing on the planet! it mows my lawn, does the laundry, it even cured my cancer! it's miraculous!
>>
>>10204134
Oh man.. I want to congratulate you with the fact that you got cured from cancer! Respect!
>>
>When attacked by a wild bear, odds are you aren't in the Netherlands anymore.

I know I'm not, but I've yet to see a bear.
>>
>>10204157
>>When attacked by a wild bear, odds are you aren't in the Netherlands anymore.
>I know I'm not, but I've yet to see a bear.
At the Binnenweg in Rotterdam perhaps, maybe?
>>
>>10204396
But then I have to get back to the Netherlands! Which I actually will do tomorrow.
>>
Which cosplayer that doesnt really cosplay anymore do you wish would come back?
>>
>>10205432
Every cosplayer who got demotivated and quit after seeing others make so many amazing or better cosplays. Having a bigger average quality in the Dutch cosplay community is a double edged sword like this.
>>
>>10205536
>Every cosplayer who got demotivated and quit after seeing others make so many amazing or better cosplays.
This sucks but I would be lying if i said I never feel this way.
>>
>>10206018
Same. I also sometimes feel like doing a character and then kind of go "no one will recognise it anyway" and then just not do it at all. I know there will be people who will anyway, but it just demotivates me as well.
>>
So how is Tomo Utrecht?
>>
>>10206912
it was crap
>>
>>10206912
as stated on their website, 1/3rd of nijmegen (so really small!). after you entered there were 3 rows of stalls, then a row of banners with [the gameroom] which was pretty large. in the next hall there were 4 food stalls and [the karaoke] which was on a big stage like animecon.

the gameroom and karaoke were done well, but the amount of stalls for a market was lacking a bit.
So, not a lot to do, but the few things you could do, were executed pretty well.
>>
>>10207641
Just not €15 at the door well...
>>
>>10207799
Buy in advance! It's always at least half the price.
>>
>>10207834
Still to much.
>>
>>10207799
that has been this way for years and every convention has a higher door price than presale.
>>
>>10207871
Except this was just a glorified market and not a proper convention. Charging €15 for what >>10207641 described is bonkers and would definitely leave a foul taste in the mouth of the curious last minute visitors.
>>
So this is two tomo events in 2 weeks? or well. One 'Tomo' and one Tomo.
>>
>>10207951
Jep.
>>
Late to the party, but I wanted to ask people who went to Acon:
How were the maid cafes? Anyone been to NNN or SP? And I heard there was a ninja cafe, how did that turn out?
>>
>>10207975
Ninja cafe was last year also at AnimeCon, but I couldn't find it and this year I haven't found it as well. Good at hiding. ;)

NNN was standing in the dark, but their takeout fresh sushi was delicious. The made cafe part looked small. SP were standing behind the bubble tea stand again. Very good placed. But it didn't looked that filled from time to time?
>>
>>10208049
ninja cafe wasn't a cafe, but a matsuri like game booth where you could win snacks and drinks.
>>
>>10208237
THAT'S what it was
jesus I was looking at over the site and stuff where it was supposed to be and walked past 12 times or something.
Cashier maid was cute, very energetic.
Also wasn't it sakura something themed this time and not ninja?
I heard the owner of the ninja cafe did come over as a visitor this year though.
>>
>>10208237
Ah, that is why I couldn't find it.
>>
I've never been to one of these things but always wanted to as a bucketlist kind of deal.
How autistic are these events and how much autism is generally allowed?
>>
>>10209193
Stop trying Woody
>>
>>10210056
Tell me more about this person but also tell me more about dutch cons
Are costumes that aren't animu/vidya related acceptable too?
>>
>>10210510
Most cons allow all kinds of cosplay. Being an elitist about 'western comic cosplay at comic con only and anime cosplay at animecons' will make you unpopular real fast. There's also a large overlap in some areas, like games, that it's near impossible to try and 'police' people's cosplay choices.

as long as it complies with the rules of the con, it's all good. Those rules usually are more about nudity and offensive material.
>>
>>10210684
>offensive material
Despite being an adult manchild I am an edgy teenager at heart, but have no ill intentions.
Would they let you get away with pentagrams or inverted crosses?
>>
>>10211404
Yes.
>>
>>10211404
Easily. That's not considered offensive by most Dutch standards.
>>
Why is it when I look at Hattie Shaw from The Fast and the Furious I see Satiella?
>>
>>10212304
Who?
>>
>>10212304
Ugh no please
>>
Are there still issues with SAL shipping to France and the Netherlands?
>>
>>10214598
Seems over since the first of July.
https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/2019/0624_01_en.html
>>
>>10214602
I am surprised! With the delays PostNL has been having I thought SAL had disappeared forever. I can’t wait to use it again!
>>
Dear lord, Moshi Moshi fair returns in Amstelveen this time. Only the finest bootleg products are sold there.
>>
>>10214770
i mean i guess since it's tomo
>>
>>10214770
Are they going to advertise that it's in Amsterdam too
>>
>>10214865
It's not. Moshimoshi fair is organised by that guy from fame monster, and the reason tomo's there is because fame monster is best buddies with tomo.
>>
>>10215583
You mean fake monster?
>>
>>10217107
The nice thing about that is it's more accessible for people up north, like me.
Unfortunately it's Tomo.
>>
I retracted the statement because lets not talk about it at all and ignore.
>>
>>10217124
Tomo north? Which city? Link to website?
>>
>>10217689
Be patient, it will be announced soon. But who cares.
>>
>>10217693
ugh no
>>
>>10217689
Zwolle. It's on the guy his FB
>>
What the hell is HisaFest? Another new event??
>>
>>10217851
Hisa Fissa

First time I hear about it.
>>
>>10217851
New event on August 10 with a low entry fee. Their locations seems to be a small bar/event hall so I guess they're going for a small-ish first edition which would also explain the somewhat late announcement.
>>
August is a busy month...
>>
>>10217986
As is custom with the Dutch Anime/Fantasy events
>>
>>10218900
Yeah, so why adding more events?
>>
>>10218903
at least hisa fest is tomo-free! the gameroom is done by a greek restaurant so it's gotta be good!
>>
>>10219234
Gameroom done by a greek restaurant??? what?
Is there a game where you have to throw dishes?
>>
File: me in highschool.png (345 KB, 670x578)
345 KB
345 KB PNG
is abunaicon/netherlands english friendly? I imagine so cause all the troublemaking brits seem to enjoy going there.

Is there like a place to find fellow poorfags to room share with?
>>
>>10219338
Alternatief slapen. I currently reserved some spots in a room with some friends. There are a few spots left though. It's only a 15 ish minute walk from the "hotel" to the con.
>>
>>10219853
will they be nice to foreign trash like myself? americans might not be so welcomed
>>
>>10219855
As long as you don't act lika aTrumpanzee, I think you'll be fine.
>>
>>10219275
Sounds fun to me, a stress-relieving method.
>>
>>10219338
>is abunaicon english friendly?
Yes. Everything related to the convention uses English as its primary language. Event hosts will typically ask if anyone in the audience doesn't speaks Dutch and if so, they will just swap to English. Most visitors can also speak English, but prepare for “Dunglish” if you catch them off-guard. As you can imagine it takes some time to fully swap between two languages and tends to tire you out after a while.

>is netherlands english friendly?
Again, yes. We have a lot of foreigners and exchange students living in the larger cities. As such most information at public locations is provided in Dutch and English. Aside from Dutch and English, most of us also speak a bit of German, French and/or Spanish. Just some additional pointers:
- We don’t think you’re special just because you’re from [place country here]. Just be nice and remember you’re a guest in our country and should respect our cultural differences.
- If you walk on a bicycle path (often red asphalt) I swear on my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you.
- Our public transport system is reliable and can take you pretty much everywhere. Google Maps and the NS (Dutch Railroads) app both have full English support for our public transport system. You can buy loose tickets or get an anonymous OV Chipkaart, put some money on it and then use it with all Dutch busses, trams and trains.
- When going out for dinner or drinks, tipping is nice but not mandatory as we pay our employees a proper salary. If you say you’re not ready to order yet, don’t expect them to come back until you signal for them. Same goes for ordering drinks.
- Not all stores accept credit cards. When in doubt, ask beforehand.

>>10219853
>Alternatief slapen
Can confirm, despite the outdated site "Alternative Sleeping" is legit and relatively cheap. It's pretty much set up like a hostel so don't expect any real privacy or luxury. https://www.alternatiefslapen.nl/
>>
>>10219855
Of course they will. I don't see why not. If you plan on staying there I can tell you which room I occupy.
>>
>>10219965
>>10219930

thanks a lot, my friends letting me camp with her so that should take care of things, im gonna be crossplaying all 3 days so youd probably find me weird or something.

Is the public transport 24/7 or do you guys have uber(or I guess just walk half an hour..)

the cons in the uk are normie western family friendly that ends at 6pm. What exactly goes on in the con that it lasts till 3am? do you have to be registered with the host hotel to stay past a certain hour or soemthing?
>>
>>10220479
Public transport end times depends on the city. Most of the Randstad area has it 24/7, at most other places it stops somewhere between midnight and 1am. We also have Uber and traditional old taxis. Alternatively you could just rent a bike if your crossplay allows it. Protip: if a friend of yours lives here they can rent out to 2 bikes at the train station with their OV Chipkaart which only costs €3,85 per 24 hours, per bike.

At night cons tend to throw parties with lots of booze, 18+ screenings and the game room will also still be open for all of your drunken Smash Bros needs. You don't have to register at the hotel, your con visitor wrist strap is all you need.
>>
>>10220533

and I assume a british provisional license is good enough? or do I use my passport? I'd love to keep my passport in a safe somewhere if possible
>>
>>10220533
If friday lasts till 3am.. and sat starts at 10am, are they actually even gona kick you out at that point?
>>
>>10220560
If you only have a friday ticket/wristband, they'll kick you out around midnight ;)
>>
>>10220557
In NL it's normal to keep your ID/Passport on you 24/7 because you have to be able to identify yourself at all times in case you get stopped by police. It's an expensive fine if you don't have it on you.
Though I can understand not wanting to carry it on you. What's a British provisional license though?
>>
>planning to go to abunai with a few friends as our very first con
>they all bail after we had already made plans saying they're too busy
Anyone ever go to cons alone? What's it like?
>>
>>10220673
Done that a couple of times. Walk around and you will meet cool people. Even now I know people, I go mostly alone meeting up with them when they have time.
>>
>>10220557
No.

You'll need a national ID card that's valid in the Netherlands or a passport.
>>
>>10220568
At some point they will try to somewhat clear out the con floor and get people to head to their rooms or sleeping accommodation. Not 3am sharp mind you, more like gradually over the course of an hour or 2. You’ll also find pairs of staff/stewards keeping an eye out for anyone in need of medical or emotional assistance. With that said, I wouldn’t recommend pulling all-nighters at conventions. 6-2-1 all the way!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.