[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 130 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]



File: 21763_I2HmouA7.png (196 KB, 600x600)
196 KB
196 KB PNG
hello cgl, it has been a while since i attended a convention. are the neckbeards and unwashed weeaboos still up to their same shit? what's the plague of cons in 2019? tell me your recent con horror stories.

also make your own neckbeard here: https://picrew.me/image_maker/21763
>>
>>10203578
>what's the plague of cons in 2019?

funko pops
>>
>>10203578
SJWs
>>
File: download20190602175803.png (319 KB, 600x600)
319 KB
319 KB PNG
>>10203578
>are the neckbeards and unwashed weeaboos still up to their same shit?
Yes

>what's the plague of cons in 2019?
Pretty much the same things that have always plagued cons but with more thots.
The latest plague at my local con is the immense rise in creeps who think that carrying an entry level DSLR and calling themselves photographers means that tons of girls will want to fuck them. It used to just mostly be legit photogs.
>most of them look like pic related
>>
>>10203610
fpbp
>>
>>10203578
>Otakon 2014
My friend and I have a blast watching Hentai in a packed room with everyone either cheering or gagging. We walk out and a women, no shit, is walking along when she stops and pukes right there in the hallway (it was right outside the manga library across the sky bridge for those who remember). This on it’s own really isn’t that crazy, but she very confidently continues walking like nothing fucking happened. She then puked again and, yet again, just strode along like it was something everyone does. It was surreal.
>>
Nowadays cons are safe spaces to SJWs and lbgt+. Be ready for drama over joke cosplays (like maga caps), "black faces", no gender-neutral bathrooms etc.
>>
>>10204057
what the fuck kind of cons are you going to? I live in a very lefty city and none of that happens
>>
It seems to me like a small portion of camwhores are into cosplay and probably go to cons. I know a lot about camwhores and very litle about cons
>>
>>10204057
How the fuck is a MAGA hat a cosplay?
>>
>>10204058
Straight white men of the current year are professional victims.
>>
>>10204057
>joke cosplays (like maga caps), "black faces"

MAGA caps aren't cosplay, and nobody gets mad about blackface - because nobody does that racist shit at cons

have you ever actually been to a con?
>>
>>10204058
What kind of cons have you been going to?? It's everywhere
>>
>>10204057
>Nowadays cons are safe spaces to SJWs and lbgt+


and this is a bad thing because????
>>
Guys stop taking the bait.

On topic, today’s weeaboos are koreaboos, and it’s 10x as creepy because instead of obsessing about anime characters they do the same things about real people (idols). Kpop is catchy and the dancing is fun, but a mob of racist white girls playing pretend about their korean “gay” boyfriends are pretty cringe-y.
>>
>>10204209
seconded Kpop has no place in anime conventions

Jarring to see Little Tokyo in LA sells posters and merch of BTS whatever
>>
>>10204057
>Defending MAGA hats and Blackface


Oh so you just wanted an anime flavored KKK rally/assembly
>>
>>10204057
Sorry no one likes your maga hat arblarg
>>
>>10204164
IDK, there was some white kid cosplaying a black/dark skinned character from the new Fate game at Acen this year. He got raked over the coals on social media and apparently got a lifetime ban from the convention.

Whether he was doing this as blackface or was just king autist & didnt realize that was a bad in [CURRENT YEAR] I dont know.
>>
>>10204203
I was at Acen this year and it seemed like every 5th person had their natural hair dyed some odd color, had most of it shaved off or had perfectly straight symmetrical bangs, or had a minimum of 12 patches/pins that represented something about their gender/sexual orientation. So yeah, cons have been invaded by the blue hairs and it's not grannies or cosplay wigs.
>>
>>10204209
People been doing this for jpop idols since forever. Its just cuz BTS or whatever they are called have been a hit for normies here in the states so that's why we are seeing an influx of this behavior.
>>
>>10204363
These are the same people who have been at cons for the last 20 years. They just are old enough to cut their own hair now (admittedly badly).
>>
>>10204363
I was at Acen too and you're full of shit.
>>
>>10204363
>I went into a crowd and they exhibited common fashion trends
>waaahhh muh anime is ruined
you don’t leave the house frequently, do you
>>
>>10204363
>I was at Acen this year and it seemed like every 5th person had their natural hair dyed some odd color
Yeah, cosplayers tend to do that :D
>>
>>10204164
people gave me shit a few years ado for being excited and taking a picture with a Mr.Popo cosplayer that had full solid black paint on. He was a good Mr.Popo.
Same guy also paints himself green for Ganondorf cosplay.
When I was a kid I just thought Mr.Popo was a magical creature of some sort, I didn't know it was a stereotype because I knew that people didn't look like that.
>>
>>10204443
twagic
>>
>>10204209
I have no idea what the fuck is up with BTS or all these other weird K-pop idolshit bands that are very obviously artificially forced but have gained worship in recent months in a way that makes the Beatles overhype look tame. Like at least the Beatles had some good experimental songs later in their discography; this K-pop shit all sounds the same and makes no sense to anyone but Koreaboos.

Maybe anglofetishism was an element in Beatlemania, but Asian fetishism is definitely a central part of this K-pop shit.
>>
>>10204363
Lmao is this the first time you've ever seen someone wear a wig? It's gonna break your little heart when you find out those hit cosplay girls are hiding under layers of makeup, shapewear, padding, and Photoshop
>>
>>10204449
I mean, I do like pop music and it is, well, pop music. However, it’s not all that different or better than other pop music. It’s one thing to be like “I like Hyuna. She’s got some jams.” It’s another to be writing fanfic about two members of BTS fucking.
>>
>>10204363
>being btfo by haircuts
christ you're pathetic
>>
File: 21763_5Y3MdgM2.png (166 KB, 600x600)
166 KB
166 KB PNG
>>10203578
Same shit because the weebs that were the broke high school/college kids in 2007 are now adults that have entered the workforce and have money to spend now. Pic related is my one of my coworkers to a T. Dude still goes to cons, mostly Katsu, Magfest and Dragoncon. Dude has an "I done been through some shit in my day aura" about him.
>>
>>10204511
Only pathetic people are those who dye their hair looking for attention lol.
>>
>>10204530
You do realize you’re on a japanese street fashion board, right?
>>
>>10204534
You do realize it's still sad and pathetic right? I come here because I love seeing landwhales complain about their lives.
>>
>>10204530
No one dyes their hair for attention. Is that why you do things? For attention? It must be, after all you're posting here when no one wants you to.
>>
>>10204541
Everyone dyes their hair for attention why else would they want hair that looks like some laffy taffy?
>>
>>10204540
God, I feel so bad for you.
>>
>>10204363
>waaaaa people i don't even have to talk to have dyed hair and wear pins
you'll live
>>
>>10204412
Being in the gaming hall surrounded by the rest of the land whale smash players the whole weekend hardly counts as "being at acen"
>>
>>10204573
I was a vendor at acen, does that count? Probably not since that involves having a job and social skills, and you seem to abhor those.
>>
>>10204384
My first Acen was like 10+ years ago and there was never this much skittle hair going on. It's like over the past 4 or 5 years it's really exploded cuz "UwU I'm so quirky and unique with my rainbow hair like the couple thousand other people here who are doing the same desu".

It's a fucking cry for attention more so than going dressed up as an anime character.
>>
>>10204547
for fun? anon, i know you have a miserable life and hate seeing anyone be happy, but come on
>>
>>10204578
It’s a fashion trend. Open a magazine. Go out side. Talk to humans. It’s better than sobbing for attention on 4chan.
>>
>>10204578
>please, someone, respond to me
>>
>>10204436
I can safely assume that at least 70% minimum of the blue hairs there didnt have their hair dyed for cosplay and had it done cuz "I'm so quirky and lulrandum and unique and not some conformist drone who marches to the beat of their own drum desu"
>>
>>10204585
>please, anyone, I am so lonely
>>
>>10204530
Anon those are wigs
>>
>>10204595
I bet someone actually had dyed hair and he flipped shit and believed all the other wigs were real. Because it’s bad to *checks notes* due your hair.
>>
Sir this is a Wendy's
>>
>>10204600
THEN WHY ARE THERE CHICKEN NUGGETS?!
>>
File: 1538105490648.jpg (110 KB, 1067x600)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>10204363
>>10204585
I hate these easily offended SJWs with their safespaces. We need some sort of space safe from these people so I don't get so irrationally mad over their choice of hairstyle.
>>
Wait till this guy finds out about shapewear if he freaks out this much when he sees people wear colored wigs.
>>
>>10204485
There's a difference between someone wearing a wig and dying their hair for a cosplay. Even the cheapest Party City wig will look better for a cosplay than someone's hair that was dyed for a cosplay.
>>
>>10204557
Go dilate then
>>
>>10204571
And they'll live (well that 40+% statistic says otherwise) if they don't have to constantly be letting that freak flag fly for all to see 24/7
>>
>>10204609
They're wigs anon. I was at acen Thursday till Sunday and I could count the number of people with died hair on two hands.

You're retarded
>>
>>10204616
>>10204613
>please, everyone. i went to an anime convention and people had friends and i didn’t and it made me so sad. please talk to me. i think it’s because they have colorful hair. like they are birds and can attract mates with their markings. my mom won’t let me dye my hair tho so i will never get friends. 4chan, please talk to me.
>>
>>10204603
They're bringing back the spicy chicken nuggets.
>>
>>10204620
lmao projecting much
>>
>>10204622
IS IT BECAUSE THEY WANT ATTENTION?! IS THAT WHY??? IS THAT WHY THERE ARE CHICKEN NUGGETS IN THIS FAST FOOD RESTAURANT?!

well guess what, they got it. those spicy nuggets are slammin
>>
>>10204624
>please. i’m so alone.
>>
Guys please respond to my thread the evil sjws are taking all the wamens and turning them lesbi so they won't fuck me

Will someone be my friend?
>>
Shoutout to the guy who came in here and straight rp’d what OP asked. That’s dedication.
>>
>>10204057
someone watched too much reactionary youtube again
>>
Not that exciting of a story, but once at a convention, this fat dude with a fedora in a wheelchair came into the same booth as me and my friend and i guess he just let one rip. It smelt so putrid. It was probably an incel owning the women with stank.
>>
Some guy approached my friend and I (female and male respectively) and started conversation completely unsolicited. Yeah, normally conversation strikes up easily at cons, but obviously there’s usually a catalyst of some kind. We were just sitting off some where resting and this guy approaches and starts asking my friend about her cosplay and if we’re enjoying the con and some other very broad bullshit. The creep level only intensified though. I normally am down to chit chat with every and anyone and am never really one to wave someone off. However, this guy kinda slowly started ignoring anything I said and was focused entirely on my female friend. At this point, neither of us is really conversing with the guy, my friend merely nodding along. He then invites her to his room party later that night. I’m kinda an asshole, because now I’m just enjoying the schaden freude of watching her squirm from the awardness. She meekly is like “maybe” and he finally leaves and she gives me the most wide eyed bewildered look. I really don’t know how that’s the worst creep I’ve come across with all the cons I attend.
>>
To me it's the infiltration of normies who come to anime conventions because they heard of comic-con before, watched BNHA, and like marvel. They've been around for as long as I've been going to some extent (around 9 years) but I feel like I've been seeing a lot more lately. The tipping point was running into a dude who used to think I was a weirdo for watching anime in middle school.
>>
I do worry that cosplay and con community are being taken over by toxic sjws, but I haven't seen enough to confirm that it has actually happened yet.
I had many cosplayers at my school last year, and so many of them were shitty sjws. But they were still a small selection, and I do see good people too.
>>
>>10204690
you should have stood up for her and told him to fuck off, he probably would have raged.
>>
>>10204719
I don't think anyone wants to deal with incel rage.
>>
>>10204725
dude, the way he was swooning your friend, no way he could be an incel, total chadbro
>>
>>10204690
>sees a girl being creeped on
>does nothing because he's a self admitted asshole

You know this is exactly what women complain about right? You literally could have stopped your friend from feeling uncomfortable and creeped on and you didn't. You're a shitty friend.
>>
>>10204725
Tbh, I wouldn’t want to make a scene just for that. She was definitely embarrassed, but not scared or anything. After a few adult beverages, I’d probably let slip something passive aggressive about incels haha. Never really run into neckbeards where I had to step in, but I think being a larger slightly athletic gentlemen who commonly sports a high and tight, I put them off trying anything (I’m totally a wieney though).
>>
>>10204750
Please, we prefer Chad.
>>
>>10204164
>nobody gets mad about blackface - because nobody does that racist shit at cons
There were some at Anime Milwaukee 2019
>>
>>10204750
Do men really have a responsibility to help women? Would you have said the same to a female?
Most would probably not, and men have no greater responsibility to help women than women do. It was her problem to deal with.
>>
Anyone else a neckbeard here?
Feels pretty good desu, but I have legitimate autism so I can't help myself.
>>
>>10204750
get thicker skin honey
>>
>>10204781
>Do men really have a responsibility to help women?
>I don't want to protect or help my friends

It's not her fucking problem to deal with, it's that guy's fucking problem. Forget gender. You see your friend in an extremely uncomfortable situation, you could help them, you don't, then you're an asshole. You said it yourself. Except in her case this dude ends up following her out of the convention center later and raping her in a car. This is what women are saying when they ask men to shut down other men's creepy behavior. 99% chance the other dude would've backed off immediately if you cut in and took over the conversation or asked your friend if she wanted to walk off or something. It's not fucking rocket science.

It's crazy you can see the problem right in front of your face but feel absolutely no obligation to interfere. It's like you're completely disconnected from the human experience. You were just thinking "oh this'll make a funny story for 4chan." Your friend might have felt uncomfortable the rest of the day. God I hope she realized how unsafe with you she was and doesn't hang out with you anymore.
>>
>>10204794
Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>10204153
Lol this is magnificent
>>
>>10204057
Good. They shouldn't be safe for racists, incels or neckbeards anymore.
>>
>>10204209
Agreed. K-pop shouldn't be an at anime convention and watching them obsess over their oppar senpai is rely really creepy
>>
>>10204800
>>I don't want to protect or help my friends
Are you in high school? Just what exactly do you think a friend is?
>>
>>10204808
Based non-white tranny
>>
>>10204808
racists, incels and neckbeards should be the centre of the con. the intolerant attitude of sjws really pisses me off.
>>
>>10204808
I'll take racists and neckbeards since everyone is the former to some degree, and neckbeards are fun to mess with.
>>
Imagine being mad because someone dyed their hair and wore some pins lmfao
>>
>>10204690
You didn't say nothing when you saw how obviously uncomfortable she was?

You're the type of guy women complain about. I bet you complain about women who complain about you. Way to go dude
>>
>>10204781
Unlike a man, most if not all morally responsible women would have noticed their girl friend uncomfortable and said something/ moved/ made excuses/ literally would have done anything just to make sure said friend was ok.
It's kind of an unspoken code.
>>
>>10204690
based

how someone can survive everyday life but be unable to tell an autist to fuck off is beyond me. we're too pussified these days.
>>
>>10204808
5/10 bait, sis. Made me reply.
>>
>>10204800
Yeah, that wasn’t me. I’ll chuckle at a neck beard trying to flirt with a girl, but I’m gonna step in once they don’t get the message or follow them or any shit like that. Luckily, none of my friends have experienced anything other than awkward incels at cons (but sadly it still does exist), but we absolutely have an obligation to stomp out any and all harassment we witness.
>>
>>10204837
Stop mixing the words incel and virgin. You are contributing to oppression of peoole who can't have sex. Incel should only be used about people who take active part in the incel movement.
>>
>>10204841
I absolutely hold no ill will against virgins. I was once of their kin, for a time I was on the virgin elders council. I’ve had numerous lifetimes share of awkward flirting. My patience stops if guy’s who don’t take no for an answer.
>>
>>10204841
Every virgin is an incel to some degree. You don't end up as a 20+ y/o virgin without some serious personality and maturity issues, barring some genuine cripples.
>>
>>10204845
>serious personality and maturity issues
pretty sure it has more to do with being ugly. you can mature with a great personality but if you're an uggo, ain't no one wanna tap that
>>
>>10204871
If anyone thinks their looks are holding them back from getting laid, they're incels. The more likely case is that their standards are too high.
>>
>>10204872
why would anyone want to fuck an uggo? speaking as a woman, even the ugliest fattest women can get a pretty hot dude for a one night stand, because men will generally fuck anything. so why would they settle for fucking an uggo ever?
>>
>>10204872
looks are literally the most important thing for women and guys alike lol
>>
>>10204875
Plenty of people love pugs, you just gotta find the sexual version of that person. So ugly they’re cute.
>>
>>10204818
>and neckbeards are fun to mess with.
This is why I CCW at cons because one day these nutcases WILL successfully shoot up a con because some woman rejected them in an insulting way.
>>
Constench is still real in 2019.
And guys in lolita.

I just rolled for my neckbeard. They just knew.
>>
>>10204891
Uhmmmm... could you maybe not? How the fuck you gonna identify a shooter, half the cosplayers have prop guns?
>>
>>10204802
Go dilate
>>
>>10204781
this isn't a gender thing, even.it's your responsibility to help your friends and make sure they don't feel bad.
I remember a horse head guy was bothering me at a con after making unwanted advances at me. I didn't mention it to anyone, but my friend noticed I was uncomfortable when he started talking to me and asking me for a hug. He pulled me out of the situation. I still think about that, because even though I did not verbalise it, he's such an empathetic person that he could just tell that I was unhappy and got me out of the situation because he was worried about me. He is a really good friend to me, even now, and I think positively about him because of his willingness to help.
>>
>>10204904
No matter how hard you try this won't catch on
>>
>Being offended by pins

lmao its not like theyre sticking them on you, just close your eyes and walk away,loser
>>
>>10204932
Not him, but it's been a meme on /v/ for the past year and has spread everywhere.
>>
>>10204932
lol are you new

dial 8
>>
>>10204706
>ugh my hobby is getting bigger and more people are enjoying it
>>
>>10204057
>lgbt
it's june literally what were you expecting
>>
>>10204359
because he was literally blackfacing, tbf if you are that autist you should be fucked
>>
>>10204518
IF this person is black deadass I know them
>>
>>10204970
>>10204983
Oh cool, you crossboarder snowflakes can go back there :D
>>
>>10204057
I miss the days before outrage culture. Everyone could get along and just ignore those they didn't like, now everyone is offended at everything and they will be very vocal about it.
>>
>>10205203
what kind of logic, LGBT attend cons all year round
>>
>>10205238
>just ignore those they didn't like
You can still that today, whats stopping you?
>>
>>10205238
There was never a time you could wear a maga hat or black face, or Nazi shit at a con without people telling you to fuck off.

You're idealizing a time that never existed and acting like the community changed. It didn't.
>>
>>10205226
I'm not advocating for it as a meme, believe me it's retarded. My point is that it's already been a meme elsewhere.
>>
>>10205271
It's not going to catch on here, it's just one autist who replies it to every thread. In terms of comebacks and insults it's weak as fuck.
>>
>>10205243
it’s pride month specifically, how could you fucking miss that when there’s corporations pandering with rainbow shit 24/7 suddenly
>>
>>10205292
i thought it was about attendees

It still doesnt apply though
>>
>>10205292
LGBT people don't just disappear at the end of June. They're still out there and they still go to cons and cosplay
>>
>>10205299
no shit, the point is they’re going to be way more visible/aggressive during june, or that’s how i read >>10205203 anyway
>>
>>10205300
>the point is they’re going to be way more visible/aggressive during june

nope, LGBT dont give af what month or day it is
>>
>>10205313
you being buttmad won't change shit, gays are gonna gay
>>
>>10205282
>weak as fuck
why do you speak like this
>>
>>10203747
>using ‘SJW’ in 2019

Lmao
>>
>>10205187
>OY VEY GOYIM WE NEED TO SELL (product) STOP GATEKEEPING
nice try schlomo.
ASMR and mukbangs became popular recently, have you seen what a mess they’ve become? Stop acting like popularity doesn’t ruin the quality of a product, NPC
>>
>>10205837
> uses "NPC"
> acting like popular things are bad

Oof
>>
>>10205596
Where are you?
>>
File: Reo.jpg (76 KB, 1080x1080)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>10205261
>or Nazi shit at a con without people telling you to fuck off.
Now this isn't completely accurate. I remember when Schrödinger was considered as "cute Nazi shota cat" and Hetalia cosplayers were waving a Nazi Germany flag with them. Of course there were people who found it offensive, but now I've seen takes like "you shouldn't include that shit even if it's accurate cosplay gear because it hurts my feelings".

And what was considered black face before is different than what is considered black face now. Now people will be offended even if you just have tanned look, good luck trying to cosplay something like pic related.
>>
stop entertaining /pol/tards, the bait is so obvious you could see it from space
>>
File: 1488841160823.jpg (44 KB, 293x463)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>10206021
Our numbers are growing and there's nothing you can do about it
>>
>>10204672
Nothing wrong with ripping some ass
>>
File: 21763_WduINYCr.png (263 KB, 600x600)
263 KB
263 KB PNG
Living in the LA area most con creeps look like this. Sjws aren't really a problem if you avoid them but it's hard to in the artist alley. Likewise for incel creeps in the gaming area. Cons have always been a hub for degeneracy but it's fun to watch from the sidelines. People watching is always entertaining so I don't mind the extremes of the sjws and the incels. People are easy to get along with either way. I don't have any creep stories though but that's probably a good thing.
>>
>>10206073
Is that supposed to be asian or hispanic?
>>
>>10206077
Hispanic, but it could go either way. Lots of darker Asians here that could fit the bill as well.
>>
Been out the con circuit myself for 6 years, only recently got back into it last year

>Confunk is still a thing in the year of our Lord 2019

>(insert popular series cosplay) everywhere.
Similar to Naruto, hetalia, Homestuck & Attack on Titan of years past MHA is everywhere

>way more kpop,
like ALOT, I don’t mind it as I’m a fan myself but it’s crazy to see just how much here is. Saw a few Artist Alley/ Vendors booths that strictly sold kpop merch. Can we at last get some jpop merch?

>Cosplay models
The rise in these models attending conventions have definitely increased. I personally don’t keep up with the cosplay community so I didn’t realize they became a fixture in the con scene
>>
>>10205238
4chan has been a major contributor to outrage culture via its incubation of incels, gamergaters, and more. morally self-righteous nerds do not just follow fashion trends and put pins on their bags, they also don clown noses and harass voice actresses en masse.

reactionaries on 4chan need to grow up. the beef with tumblr was over years ago and Anonymous was never any less prissy and pearl-clutching than your SJW boogeymen.
>>
>>10206073
Let's see, not brown, shorter hair than that, normal t-shirt, no memes on it just black and white logos, groomed, in decent shape, no neckbeard. Guess I'm not a con creep?
>>
>>10203970
Maybe she had some kind of disease, like hyperemesis
>>
>>10204057
>>10204363
just because no one liked your dumb maga hat doesn't mean anime is ruined, arblarg
>>
File: 21763_C9KZPJnI.png (259 KB, 600x600)
259 KB
259 KB PNG
In the reboot/remake/sequel era we live in, for some reason neckbeards like to argue it out with cosplayers. I have a friend who cosplays Kylo Ren and people have started arguments with him about the writing of the movies or try to "gotcha" him about things they perceive as bad.
I was dressed as a Ghostbuster at a recent con, and out of nowhere a rando asked me "what ghost from The Real Ghostbusters should've been in the Sony reboot?" When I fumbled together an answer (I didn't watch TRG as a kid because it finished its run before I was born, and I didn't watch the reboot because it looked shit) he launched into a diatribe about how bad the '16 movie was until I found an opening to nod and walk away.
I cosplay something because I LIKE it, why do you think I want to talk about DISLIKING things? Also I'm just a fan, I don't write the movies for crying out loud.
>>
>>10206044
Actually, demographic warfare is dwindling your numbers. Enjoy more blue states and brown people.
>>
>>10206897

I’m gonna be honest at my main con animenext they’ve been really good st keeping the confunk down, with ac and fans constantly on and having the game room in a much more open space
>>
>>10207138
>literally proving /pol/ to be right
You're an idiot LOL
>>
>>10204606
For every SJW that I see complaining, I see 50 anti-SJW complaining about SJWs merely existing.
>>
>>10207250
The anti-sjws don't want to admit that they are just as bad as the sjws. They are both easily triggered, over-privileged and have no real problems in life. Being oppressed seems to be very trendy nowadays.
>>
>>10205214
Blacking up isn't the same thing as blackface. Of course, everyone is desperate to get mad at things they don't understand so this doesn't matter. Drow are purple now, racist.
>>
File: 1549179142073.jpg (31 KB, 355x300)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>sharing a con room with 2 online "friends"
>they leave a fucking x-acto knife and a pair of scissors lying on the floor
>candy wrappers all over their bed
>unwrapped but untouched food just laying on their dresser table for days
>one of them leaves their panties on a chair and refused to pick it up
>that same person never showered the entire con despite sweating buckets, i could smell their BO from across the room and their gross musk was IMPRINTED onto the sheets (they didn't want their sheets washed)

i didn't believe that these people existed irl

never fucking again
>>
>>10203578
How do I try to get a con girl gf without being creepy? I am an a healthy weight and practice good hygiene.
>>
>>10205238
>Is complaining about the complainers
>>
>>10207682
no
>>
>>10207777
Please? I want it more than anything.
>>
File: scared10.png (512 KB, 955x1077)
512 KB
512 KB PNG
>>10207481
>>
>>10204057
>Be ready for drama over joke cosplays (like maga caps), "black faces", no gender-neutral bathrooms etc.

Fuck my ass reminds me of this
>have a Make ANIME great again hat
>some fat fuck tumblr (not even sure what gender it was)
>EXCUSSE ME THAT HAT IS NOT ALLOWED HERE IT'S HIGHLY OFFENSIVE
>what? what's offensive about my hat
>IT SUPPORTS WHITE SUPREMACY AND IS RACIAL HATE SPEECH
>making anime great again does that?
>dipshit wasn't even looking at my hat
>404 error does not compute.png on face
>Well it mimics a hat that is offensive you should take it off because some people get triggered by it
>laugh and go, well before they get triggered maybe they should actually read what the hat says instead lol
>gets pissy and waddles off
>later get told to stop by staff
>turn around he reads the hat and laughs
>get told the hat isn't allowed as someone reported it for political whatever bs and shit.
>>
File: h4F4ozb.jpg (66 KB, 500x364)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>10208390
I used to let people stay in extra space I had from rooms.

That stopped when I got stuck with them on multiple occasions, because of flaking friends or them just not planning shit out well.
>>
>>10204164
A bitch wearing a fake tan to cosplay Korra is considered black face nowadays.
>>
>>10207254
Fucking THIS
>>
Fat, hairy, disgusting men in tube tops and booty shorts. Not sure if they're actual trannys or just think they're being funny. Probably some of both types. They were fucking everywhere at Anime St. Louis.
>>
>>10204164
Are you being sarcastic? Of course there's still blackface at cons. Some guy was walking around in it at Sakuracon. Shock value, I guess.
>>
>>10208572
Pics or it didn't happen.
>>
>>10203578
God I hope so, neckbeards and weebs founded all cons
>>
>>10204443
Wait are you trying to tell me Mr Popo isnt a genie?
>>
>>10203578
I am never cosplaying a love live girl ever again. dressed up as one on day 1 and some creep commented on my socks. two days later, he comes back and comments on my socks again. made me depressed for the rest of the day.
>>
>>10208125
if they don't want you outside of a con, they probably won't want you during the con either. good luck getting a better personality though. being an average human won't get you anywhere
>>
>>10208620
I can't tell what's bait or not anymore
How do I escape this site
>>
>>10208606
Cons are our home, all of you normies are just guests, remember that.
>>
>>10208641
>Autistic neckbeards create anime conventions to meet up with other autistic neckbeards
>Anime becomes mainstream, normies start coming to cons
>Autistic neckbeards become persecuted in the venues that they created

Tragic.
>>
>>10208623
>if they don't want you outside of a con, they probably won't want you during the con either.
I can't think of a better place than a con to try to get a girlfriend. In fact it is consistent piece of advice for anyone looking to find a date, to look at an event or meetup. Surely it is better to look at one rather than a grocery store, right? In fact the last one I was at even had some speed dating event.
>being an average human won't get you anywhere
I think I have a pretty good face and I am trying to get /fit/, even if the guys there show it doesn't mean much.
>>
>>10204872
it's usually not so much the looks as the poor hygiene and gross clothes. of course being a sweaty neckbeard won't get you laid but you can fix both of those things if you can afford a razor, deodorant and some shower gel. also get a decent haircut and take off your fedora.

if you can take care of yourself you'll instantly look less ugly to most people who don't have insanely high standards. they just don't want to put the effort in and then complain about the meanie females who are grossed out by them.
>>
>>10204781
I don't think anyone has a "responsibility" to interfere in those things but I do think that's something you do for your friends.
I'm a 5'2 girl who's not fit or intimidating whatsoever, but I do have a mean temper and get annoyed easily. My best friend has gigantic biceps and is training to become a cop, yet she is too nice to tell guys off who are getting on her nerves so I do that for her (if she asks me to or is obviously uncomfortable with the situation). Is it risky sometimes? Yes. Do I have to do that? No, but I like to help friends when I'm better at something than they are. it's called being a good friend
>>
>>10204690
you're a shithead
>>
>>10208641
>Cons are our home, all of you normies are just guests
You don't even own the building or manage the events
>>
>>10204690
This isn't really your fault despite all the cunts blaming you for not stopping it.
Maybe try to push your friend to have some backbone though.
>>
>>10204209
I was so sad when my local tiny kawaii goods shop started going under, and started selling BTS merch to try and help sales.
>>
>>10205299
I hope they disappear altogether tbf
>>
>>10208898
Based
>>
File: fact.jpg (268 KB, 1024x768)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
>>10208641
>go to anime north in the 90s
>people who are passionate about anime of all ages
>everyone cosplays their favorite characters from shows and video games
>excited to meet each other and make friends, finally finding someone who loves animu and video games as much as you do

>go to anime north in 2019
>costhots everywhere
>ask them about the game or anime their costume is based on
>they've watched two episodes or never played it
>only interested in becoming popular or making money off their costumes
>ask male cosplayers about their costumes
>"oh idk my girlfriend made it"*point to costhot*
>ask nerdy looking male about their costume in hopes they know their shit
>"DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY GENDER"
>>
>>10209010
>>go to anime north in the 90s
>>people who are passionate about anime of all ages
>>everyone cosplays their favorite characters from shows and video games
>>excited to meet each other and make friends, finally finding someone who loves animu and video games as much as you do
Didn't happen lol
>>
>>10207254
I agree wholeheartedly, they're both shit
>>
>>10204690
So did you go to his party or not? I'm sure he invited you both.
>>
>>10204706
Its weird, everyone at work knows at least one anime or popular videogames even if they dont watch or play them. What are the most dedicated corners of the internet for weebshit these days? People who arent just latching onto the latest series
>>
>>10204800
Lmao are you even a real person? When a guy makes me uncomfortable I just end the conversation.
>well it was good talking but we've gotta go cya!
Its that simple, I dont rely on my guyfriends to whiteknight for me. If you're that scared of being alone just carry a knife.
>>
>>10209033
You're very lucky to have never encountered a truly terrible man lol. I've been sworn and yelled at for trying to walk out of convos like what that guy described. Regardless of gender, if you see your friend in distress and do nothing, you're a bad friend and a chickenshit. Dudes need to stop delighting in discomfort like this, to their guy friends too.
>>
>>10207007
The whole incel as an insult thing became a worldwide phenemenon overnight. It was really weird. I had never heard anyone call someone an incel anywhere before that day. And now its every day lol
>>
>>10209045
>And now its every day lol

I blame captain marvel
>>
>>10207682
You're asking the wrong crowd. /cgl/ is a female board and we don't know what we want. But we'll insult you and tell you what we hate. Process of elimination
>>
>>10209028
>What are the most dedicated corners of the internet for weebshit these days?
5ch

Cant get anymore dedicated than speaking to Japanese Nationals
>>
>>10209018
What region were your cons in? Up here everyone was super friendly.
>>
>>10209041
Lol not every man is out to murder and skin you and turn you into a lampshade. If you end a conversation and he starts yelling at and chasing you, that's going to alarm everyone in the room not just you. I have to walk home from work every night in the city. You can't just stop going outside because you know crazies exist and one might show up someday.
>>
>>10209049
What did captain marvel have to do with it?
>>
>>10209050
Alright, I guess I thought I could get some genuine advice from girls, always struck me as a bit bleak when guys compare it to asking fish how to catch them. Surely there are some girls happy that guys are looking for them, right?
Since you seem a bit more receptive can you tell me about
>>10208693
I would like to think my hard work is a step in the right direction.
>>
>>10205216
There's a lot of guys like him in the DC area that are like this. But yeah he's black. Sometimes I hang with him at these cons from time to time and the guy seems like he should be at a lounge/nightclub instead of a con. He's a chill dude but you would not think that he would attend cons though. I wont call him a neckbeard because he keeps himself well dressed and groomed for a fat dude.
>>
>>10209057
You sound like a guy faking it or a "I'm not like other girls!" girl. Learn empathy.

>Regardless of gender, if you see your friend in distress and do nothing, you're a bad friend and a chickenshit.
>>
>>10209179
I have empathy, that's why I'm telling you to defend yourself and stop living your life afraid to go outside without an orbiter.
>>
>>10209183
>Regardless of gender, if you see your friend in distress and do nothing, you're a bad friend and a chickenshit.
>>
>>10209058
women having a big superhero movie i guess
>>
>>10209045
The term did it's rounds on the news I think. As to why it's spammed, people just realised how effective and cutting it is. Calling someone "virgin" just implies that they are a virgin. Calling someone "incel" implies that they're a virgin but also a horrible person.
>>
>>10209284
I don't see anything wrong with that. Incredibles 2 was kind good superhero movie too.

>>10209317
Hah, I guess you're right
Its like "not only are you pathetic, but you're also an asshole and there's nothing you can say that'll change that"
>>
File: lol no.jpg (251 KB, 1080x1080)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
>>10209331
Woah there, simmer down. I wasn't egging you on if that's what you were thinking. I actually think it's quite an unfair insult.
>>
>>10209341
Oh no, I dont plan on using it
I agree its mean spirited
>>
>>10204164
At ACEN this year some dude got kicked out for blackface, i never saw him but apparently it was just like dark grey paint for a character.
>>
>>10209049
Captain Marvel didn't do anything to fix the hostility between millennial men and women, but it was like that on social media before the movie and still isn't that bad in the flesh after the movie. With all the sweat and bad hat hair I had going on at A-Kon I borderline looked like a creep, but none of the women I interacted with were hostile like you're describing. If you're getting harshly rejected to your face on the regular there are problems in your communications skills.

>>10209079
Not as different from making male friends as you think; most dating/flirting videos are full of shit and pointless gimmicks that won't work for you. I assume you're some flavor of aspie. A couple of good topics to start researching would be active listening and when to use open vs closed questions. Ask a lot of questions, girls like to talk about themselves.
>>
>>10209472
I know this is /cgl/ where common sense goes to die, but I do have to commend you from taking such a reasonable approach to this.

I felt like I had to say something because otherwise your post would be buried under an unreasonable amount of vitriol and retarded statements.
>>
>>10209472
This seems to be a bit baseline, I was hoping I could talk to one of the girls here about it.
>>
>>10209603
This board is diet lolcow, buddy. Almost every girl here is a bulimic bag of nerves who almost certainly thinks you're a rapist.
>>
>>10209751
I don't know the girls seem kind of cute...
Compared to anywhere else I have been able to communicate with them they seem like they aren't faking it here.
>>
>>10209603
Look man, you wanna meet women, just talk to people. Talk to everyone. Most people at a con just aren't going to be interested in dating you, but a lot of people don't mind making new friends, as long as you aren't a creep. The problem with most men is they choose the girls they're interested in based on visuals and then zero in. Often you'll see a guy come into a conversation and within minutes completely focus on talking only to the person they wanna fuck. It's obvious and pathetic, and most girls pick up on that in a second. If you talk to everyone, include everyone in your conversations, you'll look less like you're just trying to fuck and like you actually like people in general. You don't have to fuck a girl right away to end up dating, ending up on a couple text chains with some new con buddies can put you in the orbit of women who might actually like you as a person and eventually date you.

Just, like, bro, women are people, that means they're complicated and they're all different, just like people. Just talk to people and try not to listen to your dick constantly.
>>
>>10209881
>The problem with most men is they choose the girls they're interested in based on visuals and then zero in. Often you'll see a guy come into a conversation and within minutes completely focus on talking only to the person they wanna fuck. It's obvious and pathetic, and most girls pick up on that in a second. If you talk to everyone, include everyone in your conversations, you'll look less like you're just trying to fuck and like you actually like people in general.
I would agree that bumping into a conversation and making it just with one person is pretty rude in general.
I went to a con recently, and actually tried talking to some girls who were alone or not talking with anybody at the moment. One of them even seemed to like it, actually adding to the conversation, making eye contact, smiling. But she could just have been nervous and uncomfortable. I suppose I have some chip on my shoulder about most women having complaints about men doing exactly this sort of thing, and the last thing I want to do is leave them with a bad experience.
>>
>>10204062
That's because they know nerds got money, and they dont have girlfriends.
>>
>>10209881
>If you talk to everyone, include everyone in your conversations, you'll look less like you're just trying to fuck and like you actually like people in general.
Not that I’d zero in on girls, but I’ve had a GF whilst attending the last few cons I’ve been to and I gotta say, not caring about getting girls is the most sure fire way to get girls lol. I may just be more cognizant of the signs now, buy now that I have no intention of hookups or dating, I feel like I actually socialize a lot better and ironically have girls interested.
>tragicpalpatine.jpg
>>
Has anyone here done sci fi speeddating?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL6j0nz3U2Q
>>
>>10209921
Nailed it. Plenty of neckbeards working in these $100k+ tech jobs and cant get a gf. Then again some of them are "wising up" and going on sex tours. I work with a guy that goes down to the Dominican Republic to "rejuvenate himself" knowing damn well he's going down there to fuck them women.
>>
>>10211894
Is he the reason they keep killing tourists?
>>
>>10211894
>100k+ jobs
please, most STEMlords and neckbeards don't have the social or networking skills to get above 70k salary
>>
>>10211983
>STEMlord
Yeah, medium-sized fries please, miss.
>>
>>10204058

i live in the south and i've seen it before at local cons. you'd be surprised
>>
File: 1501856123820.jpg (112 KB, 1000x906)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>10204363

>seeing all these butthurt weenies replying because they felt that personally attacked by your comment

delicious. keep up the good work lad
>>
>>10211983
Programmers? Remote IT workers? Those jobs don't require much social interaction. Hell, why do you think the meme around transgender programmers exist? They get those kind of jobs to avoid social contact.
>>
>>10212465
Often it doesn't matter if they have the technical skills. Part of getting higher pay is how you sell yourself/network. I work in tech and see this all the time. They settle for 50k when they could move to 60 or 70+ if they spoke up for themselves
>>
>>10203610
Me and my friends bought a giant mystery bag that was in the shape of an egg from an anime dealers room a year or so back. When we opened it, there were two funkos in it, one star wars and one was game of thrones themed. Not even an anime themed one. We were all super disappointed.
>>
>>10212465
They don't require much interaction but if you want to make the 6 figure salary outside of silicon valley you need to learn to network and get in with your boss. The type of programmers and IT people to sit around and jerk themselves off about how great their major is typically don't have the social skills or leadership skills for it.
They end up being the dude who does what someone else asks all the time and makes 60k-70k
>>
>>10204057
> AX2016
> MAGA hat wearers mock the safe space stand
Anyone remember that?
>>
Only small local cons can save us from the mega corporate hellholes that most medium sized cons have turned into. AX, SDCC, and others are what everything is becoming. Packed corporate conventions with lines everywhere, no rooms, waitlists for badges, and con centers bursting at the seams
>>
>>10212687
>small local cons
The problem with these little cons is the ratio of literal children to adults.
The majority of congoers at these smaller cons seem to be people under 18, or at least at the ones I've went to (Castle Point & Liberty City).
At least at larger cons I'll have a higher chance of meeting someone around their mid 20s.
>>
>>10212557
I remember at Acen 2016 there was a guy in full /k/ operator gear with a trump hat and sign outside the game room. From what I saw most people were cool with him and he seemed to have actually had some pretty decent discussions with people.
>>
>>10212518
grab bags are ALWAYS, without exception, just unpopular garbage that dealers can cleverly offload to gullible idiots under the guise of a raffle. Don't buy them.
>>
>>10204057
I don't really care that they're AT the con, but what sucks is that every con feels obligated to accept every Left panel that's submitted, so now you've got five hundred fucking panels like "gay representation in Shonen Jump!" or "How to cosplay even though you're a fat black transbian!"

I actually counted them at Anime Boston this year since my panel got rejected, and there were 7 such panels on the first day alone.
>>
>>10213241
I'd imagine that a lot of it is them trying to cover their asses in regards to lawsuits, but yeah they really have no business at a non-political convention, especially an anime convention.
>>
>>10204164
Literally anything is considered blackface at this point, but I find white girl secondaries to be the ones that bitch the most about it.

Using bronzer to cosplay a tan (not black) character should not be controversial but people are retarded

Cons really are going down the shitter, way too LGBT and safe space focused rather than cosplay/anime/vidya focused
>>
>>10213390
>2-3 anime related sociopolitical panels
>CONS ARE NO LONGER ABOUT ANIME/GAMES/ MANGA REEEEEEEE


overreacting much
>>
>>10213241
>>10213390
Kek, actually go to a con
>>
The zoomer generation are even more awkward than anything, but dee in the “ironic” territory. I have a friend who is five years younger than me (a literal 30 year old “boomer”) so at cons every once in awhile I end up around his five year younger friends and younger crowd parties.
Somehow they find everything edgy while pretending to be above it all. On their phones too much even during a conversation. Try to make memes and dumb quips instead of talking. See this allot at panels, where they talk during showings or QA like they are a streamer or something. It’s some form of turbo autism.
Beyond that and neckbeards, the amount of surface level “fans” have increased exponentially. Netflix amazon only types who go and treat it like a freak show they can giggle at, or some kind of slit parade to show their asses at.
At least guests have over all gone up in quality.
>>
>>10204781
strok wymin need men’s protection you better help them you incel!
>>
>>10208412
Even if it was a MAGA hat it’s literally the logo of the sitting president and the con staff can fuck off.
>>
>>10213467
>"LGBT people need to fuck off and stop having dyed hair and LGBT panels"
>"Bro, politics are ok when it's my dudebro maga hat and irl pol shitposting"
Fuck off
>>
>>10213489
>projection
I’m not that poster and don’t give a fuck about people being “weird” at cons.
>irl shitposting POL
literally the sitting president.
>>
>>10208885
It sucks for small shops, especially for specialist stuff like that. It's cheaper for most to get a small warehouse or storage unit and sell online or at cons. And Amazon is a total scapegoat, it's there greed of the hedge funds that own tons of property as assets and don't care if it's occupied or not so long as it's "value" goes up... and as the "value" goes up it pushes out the small businesses who could no longer afford the rent...
>>
>projective conservative atittudes on a liberal form of media

cringe
>>
File: 1501701425701.jpg (57 KB, 600x602)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>10213523
>anime
>liberal form of media
>using cringe unironically
>>
>>10213608
It's liberal in it's own japanese way, usually with some kind of anti-war message.
>>
>>10213659
>It's liberal in it's own japanese way
So, not really?
>usually with some kind of anti-war message.
because they're the only one to have ever opposed war, right?
>>
>>10213659
japan isn't liberal at all...
>>
>>10212521
Can confirm. My office will hire the guy with slightly less skills but has a goddam outgoing personality over some overskilled meat robot. As for telework positions? You gotta put some serious time in at the job in order for somebody to trust you enough to let you work from home.
>>
>>10213682
They are extremely liberal in certain areas.
>>
>>10203578
the BO is getting pretty bad.
>>
>>10213682

>japan isn't liberal

Some japanese are though. Really liberal at that, because if you're going to stick out, why stick out only a centimeter when you can have the whole meterstick?
>>
>>10204209
I don't get spooked easily but Kpop fans are genuinely unnerving

I remember being in some dance contest a few years back and some Asian dude danced to a kpop song and 90% of the girls in the room were screaming bloody murder and looked ready to tear his clothes off. Legit terrifying
>>
>>10213851
but japanese society as a whole is quite conservative. the only place you see the crazy and liberal stuff is tokyo and maybe osaka. the other 90% of the country is very different
>>
>>10204209
the girls are also hardcore fetishize korean men and look specifically for korean boyfriends to be their ~oppa~. they find out the hard way that korean men tend to be sexist assholes, not perfect kpop princes.
>>
>>10214233
koreaboos need to fucking die
>>
>>10214231
>having a job and respecting your family is "conservative" in America
Post war Japan has always been a very accepting, tolerant, peaceful and war-hating nation. Just because they're mostly out of western globalists' reach doesn't make them right wing.
>>
>>10214579
>following traditional roles and ideals is CONSERVATIVE now?
>everyone knows TRUE conservatism is about corporate welfare and killing the blacks
>>
>>10214600
>TRUE conservatism is about corporate welfare and killing the blacks
Not sure where in my post you garnered that from. Are you feeling okay?
>>
>>10214579
>Post war Japan has always been a very accepting, tolerant, peaceful and war-hating nation.
please be a joke.
They force people with naturally brown or blonde hair to dye their hair black https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-41776203
same sex marriage is still not allowed. Men and women have separate strict dress codes. Work culture involves extremely long hours with little overtime pay.
They are about as conservative as it gets.
As for "war-hating", thats not by choice, they aren't allowed to form a military.
>>
>>10214579
>Post war Japan has always been a very accepting, tolerant, peaceful and war-hating nation.
fucking lmao

how /cgl/ can manage to be more weeb than /a/ and /jp/ is beyond me.
>>
>>10214579
kek japan is notoriously xenophobic and loves to pretend like their horrific war crimes never happened
>>
>>10214652
>notoriously xenophobic
Not so much xenophobic as having enough of Chinese tourists being dipshits. As far as I can tell, the only people they have any genuine shared qualms with are a few outspoken Koreans.
>loves to pretend like their horrific war crimes never happened
Unlike every other country on earth, who openly celebrate their atrocities.
>>
>>10214637
No, it's definitely true. They were forced into being anti-war proto hippies by the Americans and it stuck. It's not a case of weebdom, it's an undeniable fact.
>>
>>10214613
>They force people with naturally brown or blonde hair to dye their hair black
If you actually read that article, you'd find that it's an isolated incident, and only "forced" if a student's hair is already dyed an unnatural colour.
>same sex marriage is still not allowed
Just like most of the world.
>Men and women have separate strict dress codes
See above.
>Work culture involves extremely long hours with little overtime pay
This is unrelated to political leaning and more to do with their obsession with honour not gelling well with modern work culture. (the only genuine issue you've stated so far)

Can we please talk about silly costumes now?
>>
>>10203970
Not even that strange. That's an alcoholic right there.
>>
>>10209084
I'm this guy, sans the extra love, sub in black circle shades. I walk around conventions by myself and usually I'm mistaken for being a drug dealer/father/guest, lmao.

You'll be surprised the conversations you can have once you disappoint someone looking for drugs, desu. Once you're past that, it's walking a fine balance of not being offended because some folk feel you shouldn't be there and not ruining the "street-cred?" by over sharing how much I love Narancia from Jojo.

I'm kinda addicted to it, it's really fun to see people's reaction to me winning Anime Name-that-tune competitions, having heated discussions about Strait Cougar and S-Cry-Ed, and being, I dunno, accepted by senpai, while being myself.

Seeing someone's face light up because my well-dressed black ass is digging on his/her cosplay brings me so much joy. What even doper is that most cosplay girls are really friendly with me and are usually up for just hanging and chilling, totally abusing the "holy shit, she's getting railed by that drug dealer" vibe and walk around with me, eat, etc. I don't mind it ,lol. Having the company of a beautiful lady isn't something I'll ever complain about, plus y'all tend to be interesting as fuck past the big titties and such.

I love everything about cons. I've made tons of friends (some I might never cross paths with again, but thats's ok), met so many interesting people, learned that all pussy isn't good pussy, spent way too much on original art, and so much more.
I feel like being black is a superpower and I never get to talk about my con experience. I'm glad they're other brothers out there with the shits.
>>
>>10212432
>same posting
>>
>>10204113
Someone went as the Momiji-going-"awoo"-while-wearing-one meme at Anime Midwest this year.
>>
>>10203747
Neckbeard Nazis.
>>
>>10204203
Because the douche you're replying to wants to say the N-word without people kicking him in the dick like he deserves.
>>
The biggest threat these days is that you might be accused of pedophilia if you over 25 years old and talk to a 20-year-old, doesn't matter whether you're man or woman. People in their early 20s still think they're little kids and anyone reaching 30 is a child molester if they still go to cons.

The safest bet is just avoid talking to anyone you think is under 25-30.
>>
>>10217473
How could we forget that people cosplay as dumb memes that are beyond dead
>>
>>10217532
Gamergate brought a lot of these fucks outta the closet into the mainstream.
>>
>>10217794
I think it just took a lot of the pseudo-intellectual neckbeards who say they're completely rational, centrist, and emotionless, and gave them a hard shove to the right and towards a lot of racism, sexism and other shit that's nazi-adjacent
>>
>>10217731
Wow this sounds like a very real problem that for sure exists and not at all like the words of someone who is probably 30 and hits on 14 year olds at cons.
>>
>>10203578
I roomed with a neckbread for a con.
Kept going to the 18+ area of the dealers room and meet up with pornstars. They often keep to themselves or go for hookers.
>>
File: 1402428787207.png (406 KB, 2118x1276)
406 KB
406 KB PNG
>>10204057
>Be ready for drama over joke cosplays (like maga caps), "black faces", no gender-neutral bathrooms etc.

It's all luck when it comes to how people would react.
I remember I went to a panel on "Racist Disney Moments" with a MAGA hat on and I was laughing and cracking jokes at every clip they showed.

BONUS: Nobody could say shit, because the group of black people were doing the same shit a row in front of me.
>>
>>10217821
I wonder who pushed them...
>>
>>10218712
Were you at a con where I was staffing, you woudln't be allowed at the show with a MAGA hat on. We don't serve your kind, shitlord.
>>
>>10217821
>>10218719
Neither mental illness nor life circumstances excuse being a horrible person. If you feel like hatred or mockery of people for their race, gender, or sexuality is okay, you should probably examine yourself for any dregs of humanity and hold them close.
>>
>>10217821
Reminds me of JonTron. That fucker soaked all of the alt rights talking points like a sponge.
>>
>>10218760
I'm sad I was ever in the same room as that fuck. He was such an arrogant prick, too. Played nice to his fans but he was always badmouthing them like "I have to shake hands with these pieces of shit".

How he was friends with good dudes like Satchell or Jirard is beyond me. Good thing they dumped him.
>>
>>10218725
Well, it happened
Stay mad retard
>>
>>10218712
>'please someone talk to me' the hat
Kek
>>
>>10219082
I specifically wore it so that no one would talk to me.
>>
>>10219084
Not that Anon
Why the FUCK would you go to an anime con if you don't want to talk to anyone
>>
>>10219091
At that moment I didn't, I wasn't wearing it the entire time.
I also came with friends, so more accurately, I didn't want to talk to other people.
I was already getting too much attention without it.
>>
>>10219091
They were.
Every person I've seen at cons with that dumbass hat constantly looks around to see if people are noticing them.
>>
>>10203578
There was a polyamory panel at my local con. Touted as a "safe, judgment free zone." Why? Why does that belong at an anime convention?
Also, all the people who think gender and sexuality are personality traits. Sorry, but being bisexual has nothing to do with who you are as a person. How much of a boring fuck must a person be to think liking both kinds of genitalia makes them special? Nobody knows my sexuality because it doesn't fucking matter. It's not a topic that should come up in normal conversation. I never ask. They just have a need to self-disclose.
But furries still have them beat. They smell. They stand in high traffic areas just waiting to be noticed. They don't attend panels. They have no interest in anime. They're annoying. And they smell.
>>
>>10219216
I mean, cons are kind of a "safe space" for all kinds of freaks, much like ourselves, But stuff like that is pushing your luck.
>>
>>10204244
THIS
>>
>>10219216
>I am uncomfortable when thing are not about me
>Please make cons a safe space for things I like but not other icky things like gay people
>>
>>10219216
Based whatever sexuality Anon
>>
>>10219216
Yup. I've lost con-going friends over their sexuality and gender identifications completely consuming them, and I say good riddance. It was absolutely sad to watch at the time, though.
>>
>>10219253
Read the post you replied to
Now read your post again

Notice how none of what you are implying is what the post was saying.
Reflect and try again
>>
>>10219278
Reading comprehension is difficult for non-het folk.
>>
>>10219262
Nah, they dumped you.
>>
>>10219301
NAYRT
This isn't even dumb funny shit posting
This is just genuine maliceposting
Why?
>>
>>10207254
STRONGLY AGREE
>>
>>10207682
Same way you get a regular one. Practice hobbies you enjoy and attend thinks you are into and chat up like minded people there, making friends and new connections of all kinds. Volunteer, join societies, clubs, associations for your interests. Don’t just look for the hookup, live your best life and be open to who you meet while doing it. The more people you can actively meet with the same sincere interests, the more likely you’ll be to also find people in that pool to date.
>>
>>10219314
Nah, if you lost friends because you wouldn't support them through their identity issues, coming out, etc you're a shitty friend and they're better off without you.
>>
>>10219406
Massive cope posting here.
Other people's issues should not be mandatory for peers to take on.

This is one of the legit signs of a sociopath and abuser.
I don't know what you're going through, but I urge you to seek psychological treatment before you do something horrible, please.
>>
>>10219314
Bigots don't deserve to be treated well.
>>
>>10218727
Fag.
>>
>>10219314
Some people just lack empathy or just trade it for social acceptance.
I'm guessing it's more towards the latter.
>>
>>10219415
None of this is the sign of a sociopath nor an abuser. No one was asking this person to take on their burdens, just to be supportive and not abandon them, which is clearly what they did.
>>
>>10219438
Cuck
>>
>>10219455
Again, there should not be a mandatory responsibility for someone to go through complications with peers.
Also yes, guilting someone for leaving an uncomfortable relationship, whether it be a partner or friend, is a sign of abusive tendencies.
Trust me on this one, I've seen it countless times. Stop shaming people for making personal decisions that affect THEIR lives NOT YOURS.
>>
>>10219460
When someone says "good riddance" to dropping friends going through gender and sexuality issues, I'm not going to put forward any good faith that they basically aren't a homophobe who thinks queer issues aren't real. I'm going to more likely assume they're the type who talks about supposed SJW snowflakes and The Gays as problems.

You're right otherwise: it's not okay to pressure or force anyone into coping with your shit. That's absolutely valid. But I'm specifically not giving this anon the benefit of the doubt about the matter because of how they phrased things.
>>
>>10219346
>Same way you get a regular one.
Basically it was the same question as "how to try getting a girlfriend at a con" without being creepy. Physically attending already meets the social environment requirement for 'getting a regular one'. Basically I have heard 99 girls unhappy with the attention they are getting from creeps for every one who met their boyfriend, and I want some tips to be that 1%.
>>
>>10219461
You are literally putting forward an exception to a rule with no rhyme or reason, just assumption and bias.
I've put forward the signs of mental decay and anti-social behavior you exhibit through your posts, and I will again advise you to seek help from a professional or a loved one or else you're gonna find yourself deeper in that hole.
>>
>>10219462
>I want some tips to be that 1%.

Be good looking.
The harsh truth is that girls are shallow and there are very rare exceptions to get through it other than going to the gym or be extremely likeable.

Tip: going to the gym and having good nutrition is alot easier. Just get /fit/
>>
>>10219466
Sounds like you just don't wanna be called out for shitty behavior anon
>>
>>10219462
Have fuck you money. As fucked up as it is, everybody has a price...
>>
>>10219470
> describes women as a monolith
Maybe you should stop hanging out with shallow women, anon.
>>
>>10219481
Is this what you reptile brains believe? Y I K E S
>>
>>10219482
How many women exactly would you say aren't shallow?
>>
>>10219484
You really think Melania is fucking Trump for his looks?
>>
>>10219479
I'm not the anon that had the story, but I'm curious as to what you think he did that was so shitty?
Leaving a situation he doesn't want to be in?

I bet the people around you love the feeling of trusting you with their reputation once you cut ties.
How manipulative...
>>
>>10219485
Women aren't a singular group when it comes to preferences in partners, and I'm fairly sure we don't have much empirical data, so making any claims about "what women want" is pretty pointless.

The only thing is certain is that 3.5 billion humans, accounting just for cis women, are probably going to have a large variance in tastes.
>>
>>10219488
Melania ain't exactly the type to have any integrity. Some people ARE motivated by money, but not everyone. It's gross and sociopathic to assume they have a price. Maybe don't be such a chud.
>>
>>10219470
That's what I have been trying, but it seems like the overall response here is that it won't help (unless you are already Obese) and social skills are important to the point that they are basically everything.
>>
>>10219497
>Women aren't a singular group when it comes to preferences in partners

Congratulations, you stated the obvious, although you fail to make the connection that the post was most likely not talking about all women.
It most likely meant that a majority of women are shallow to a degree.
>>
>>10219503
>it seems like the overall response here is that it won't help (unless you are already Obese)

Most of this board is comprised of femanons and they wont easily say that looks are really important.
They believe that admitting it just makes them sound shitty, but everyone should have standards.

Social skills are very important, but you'll never get to use them if you are just down right unpresentable.
>>
>>10219506
By this same logic then, a majority of men must be horrid slobs and that's why nobody likes them enough to go without incentives like money.
>>
ITT: men want to be zero-effort incel slobs so they accuse women of being either shallow or wanting money.

Maybe women just have standards and y'all should take a bath.
>>
>>10219521
>implying this isn't true
>>
>>10219522
I literally just made the case that men should go to the gym BECAUSE women have standards.
I'll even say that alot more men are way more shallow. I can admit this.
>>
File: 1384800889193.jpg (27 KB, 620x406)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>10219521
Yea, this is most likely true as well.
It's pretty observable.
>>
Then we're in agreement: men are the worst and need to be mass dipped in bactine before coming to cons.
>>
>>10219522
Already took my 2nd shower today. I can feel myself going from a 2/10 to an 8.
In all seriousness, there's nothing wrong with being the more shallow, selective sex. It's actually a good thing.
>>
this thread reeks of female /r9k/ and also incels

get help y'all
>>
>>10219553
This board is literally /r9k/ with frills
>>
>>10219553
The women in here are just as bitter and mentally ill as /r9k/ neckbeards. this is 4chan, after all.
>>
>>10219555
Big difference is that /r9k/ neckbeards want to harm women, whereas our gulls just wanna talk shit.
>>
>>10219554
It's now getting to the end of the thread and we finally have the best post.
>>
>>10204057
No no no. You don't where a Maga hat, you wear a MAHA hat, Make America Human Again, while carrying signs that say God Said Adam & Eve Not Adam & Mutie Scum! or MUTANTS GO HOME
>>
>>10219516
I am not a fat guy, so I don't think there are many girls for whomst getting fit would be the difference between my appearance being a dealbreaker.
Basically, I am hoping my appearance will make it so that my looks provide a reason to want to talk to me. As it is, it seems like nobody has a problem if I ask questions, but no girl really trying to keep the conversation going, because she doesn't have a reason to actively hope that I end up being compatible so we can date.
Maybe if it was mutual in that she too had a reason to want to have a conversation with me, she would try to keep it rolling.
>>
>>10219462
But the whole ‘trying to get a girlfriend’ vibe comes through, and that’s not attractive. The men I’ve dated, I’ve mostly met through mutual friends, at events where we both just happen to be pursuing a mutual interest or both. I’m attracted to men I meet who share my interests but don’t give off that ‘looking for a girlfriend’ feeling. You sound like you want some kind of laundry list to tick off, smile and then say ‘I did all, now gibs gf pls’. Not attractive. It goes without saying also but I’ll say it. Dating is unfair. Women : just don’t be fat or a slut. Men: need good job, no crushing debt, should be minimum of 7/10 in looks, no major personality issues, willing to commit if we hit it off, then should treat me like a princess. The usual.
>>
>>10219595
>Big difference is that /r9k/ neckbeards want to harm women, whereas our gulls just wanna CASTRATE ALL MEN AND TAKE DOWN THE PATRIARCHY REEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
fixed
>>
>>10220224
>Women : just don’t be fat
The "thicc"and body positive movement disagrees.
>>
>>10220271
I mean, who *doesn't* want to castrate all men, especially when they type shit like this?
>>
>>10220459
thicc ≠ fat

Also no one gives a shit what the body positive movement thinks or says
>>
>>10220934
Yeah they do
>>
>>10219406
Word. A lot of my old con friends got shitty and weird with me when I came out as lesbian because they thought it was unfair to the guy I was dating beforehand, so I just dumped them. Fuck that shit. Now I have a nice group of con friends who are all cool with it.
>>
>>10221053
Who is 'they'?



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.