[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 56 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: DC19.jpg (56 KB, 575x418)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
Alright everybody! What are your plans, What hotels are you staying at. Are you ready for the Georgia heat?
>>
Literally haven't even started on 2 of the 3 cosplays we're debuting.

Please don't do me dirty like this, I have so much going on right now but thankfully DragonCon is the next con on the docket so theres time to focus on those cosplays.

We're at the Marriott and plan on staying inside as much as possible except when traveling from hotel to hotel. It's so much easier to skip the habit trails and just walk on the street.

>Has anyone been to the peach tree center now that the reno is done? Any opinions?
>>
I'm prepared to suffocate in the piss fog streets of downtown Atlanta wearing the mask and coat for this cosplay
>>
>>10192485
You have room for a couple battery-powered fans under there
>>
What are the chances of getting mugged at an atlanta airbnb?
>>
Coming in from Cali. First DragonCon, but I've been to big-ass party cons, namely Fanime - anything to expect, besides heat? I'm well acquainted with Southern humidity.
>>
File: IMG_2095.jpg (3.41 MB, 4032x3024)
3.41 MB
3.41 MB JPG
>>10195124
Where is it specifically?

Never had any issues myself but I don't really go into the bad areas.
>>
First timer this year, should I go ahead and book a hotel room? Everywhere says they fill up fast
>>
I'll be staying at a Ramada about a mile away. I've used that hotel in the past for Dragoncon and found its shuttle perfectly sufficient.

Working on some old republic era Star Wars costumes, I live in Texas so I'm already used to dying in costume in summer heat. It'll be good times.
>>
>>10204988
Unfortunately you should have already booked a room a while ago. There's a giant Hunger Games battle for host hotels and a lot of the closest ones likewise fill up immediately.

If you end up relying on the MARTA to get there from a further away location, just make sure you factor in when the last trains run each night or plan to leverage rideshares.
>>
>>10204988
Check the Dragoncon rooms group on facebook and you might be able to snag a host hotel room from somebody that had to bail out of the con.
>>
DragonCon has gotten too large. I was considering going, but Ive decided not to, because it's too much chaos and I can't even get pictures because it fucks up the flow of traffic along with assholes waiting three hours before an event starts so you can't even get in. I am looking forward to AWA even though that's starting to get big too.
>>
>>10205218
Just about all of the "established" cons have ballooned in size. Katsucon and Magfest are in the same boat of getting overcrowded.
>>
The squad and I are going to be at a hotel down the road. We lost our Marriott connect this year qq

I've been so busy with grad school that my costumes are really suffering this year but at this point I've just accepted it. This might be my last con so I'm going to enjoy it no matter what.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (96 KB, 1280x720)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>10191745
Driving in from Marietta, I found out the parking deck next to Sheraton has a monthly parking which would be cheaper than doing the daily parking for all 4 days and I can come and go as I please.

This year I am going as shopping Goblin Slayer (see pic) at least is not a full costume so if it gets too hot I can take the helmet off.
>>
>>10210905
Mag-Fest's West Coast spinoff and (AFAIK, I'm a West Coaster) little popups they do are really laid-back and not at all crowded.
>>
Excited as hell. Hotel booked and badge acquired. Just got my postcard too. Lineup will be fairy kei Wednesday, lolita Thursday, succubus Friday, and this babe Valentine from Skull Girls on Saturday. Doing a different skin in pinkxred. Still gotta style the wig and make the bone saw and paint the shoes, and the girl I commissioned the main cosplay from is working diligently as we speak. I haven't even started on my succubus. (It's a big group cosplay and everyone finished theirs before I even started!)

Come find me! I'll be serving up jello shots in syringes on Saturday because nurse cosplay.
>>
>>10213326
give me the deets bro, I would love this.

I currently park at the lot near pacific rim, ~$25 a day, always easy to find a spot.

I don't do it every day, but I like the convenience of having a car to drop shit off if I like.
>>
General question for the thread

Any other cons like Dragoncon I can add to my rotation.

Small or big. FYI I already go to all the Atlanta cons pretty much.
>>
File: 20190711_024817.jpg (276 KB, 1632x918)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
>>10217406
Here you go dude

http://www.peachtreecenterparking.com/161-peachtree-center-ave/

This company manage 3 parking decks but you want this one, look on the map it's in the middle of DragonCon, IIRC like all the ones in the area during DragonCon the daily parking went up to $40 a day and if you leave you'd have to pay again.

https://manageparking.citizensparking.com/ApplyForParking/ApplyForParking?insId=1&facId=120&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

It's $130 + the cost of the RFID key card (I think it was $15), if you factor in going in on Thursday to pick up your badge + all 4 days just doing the daily parking that's already $200 just in parking.

----------

I made 2 Pepakura model so far to get the size just right, I think I am ready to build it in EVA foam soon.
>>
Since we all know d-con is the party con, who's hosting the room party?
>>
At the Sheraton, but RIP me as they're supposedly not bringing back legacy. Still, I like it for locale (near the other options) but also some peace and quiet (since it's not in the "holy trinity"). Also you can get an elevator in non-infinite time, so that's nice.

I'm getting involved in one of the tracks again this year, so I'm looking forward both to seeing talks and participating in some. And in partying! Can't have Dragon Con without partying. Curious to see how Kilt Blowing goes now that the torch has been handed off.
>>
curious since I live in the area and never really thought/considered it

How much is a hotel room at one of the 5 dcon hotels from Thursday-Monday?
>>
>>10221652
Dude you're not getting into a host hotel this late. Even a lot of the con adjacent hotels are booked. Same with p much all the airbnbs. You're better off to find someone who already has a room and needs roommates.
>>
>>10221654

I'm just asking how much does a full rate room cost? I'm curious to know how much people are spending here..

I own a townhome a mile away from the convention, I don't need to worry about hotels ever.
>>
>>10221686
250-299/nt for the basic rooms, more for suites.

Also did y'all hear the Sheraton is (temporarily) closed due to legionnaires disease?
>>
>>10222521
DragonCon is in the loop about it it's like 40 some days away hopefully they can get the place cleaned up and clear to open for DragonCon
>>
>>10192485

Haha yeah you're fucked
>>
>>10205218

At least they did the smart thing and decided not to make it like fucking two weeks after DC this year.
>>
>>10205218
Dude at least Dcon is still enjoyable for midsize fun panels, cosplay, and great nightlife

I went to AX this year for the first time and holy shit what a shithole.

There were almost zero cool cosplays because the convention center was locked down. You couldn't easily enter/exit you had to go through bag checks, metal detectors, security lines. Big cosplays were effectively not allowed.

>>10223560
Hell yeah, I'm looking forward to enjoying an ATL convention in comfy as fuck Fall weather.

It works out better this way. There is a larger gap between the big three ATL cons so you get to enjoy them without getting burnt out too quick.

It's funny AWA starts the day after the MLB World Series ends (assuming the Braves made it to the last game). So there is no overlap for hotels and the venue.
>>
>>10223580

Ooh that's fucking sweet. I haven't been to AWA in several years and have never even hit up Momo. I want to rectify both. I might not have a costume ready for this fall but I might just hit it up anyway just because.
>>
>>10223251
40 days out is damn close for "we have to shut down and possibly sanitize the whole hotel". Do-able, but tight. I'm watching that shit like a hawk in case I need to scramble for new rooms.

>>10223580
What this guy said. Every year I'll burn 2-4 hours waiting for one "big" panel, but the rest of what I go to is more midsize fun panels OR fan panels OR less-popular author and it's great.

And seconding After Dark, too. Like, even the people-watching after 10PM is fantastic. AX and NYCC and others suffer from the problem of "con shuts down after X PM" without any real central places to go after.

>>10215269
I'll definitely try to find you on Saturday. If I'm still dressed as Melisandre I'll trade you jello shots for fireball minis - for the night is dark and full of terrors (but the fire burns them all away).
>>
>>10223791
Valentine here! Check in on Dcon threads up until the con, I'll be lurking and I'll post my friend code closer to that weekend.
>>
>>10223791
The Sheraton is going to throw crazy amounts of money to get that hotel clean before the con.
>>
File: 20180901_204759 (2).jpg (855 KB, 1782x3168)
855 KB
855 KB JPG
Looking forward to this year. I will be Professor Frink again this year. Thursday I will be my bloody scarecrow but Sat and Sun I shall be Frink.

Normally I attend at night (was there for 15 hours one day last year) but I am trying something different and will be going early afternoon Sat since that is when photojournalist are out and I know some will want to take my pic. Hey it takes two hours to get into cosplay so I want the AJC or WSB to snap a few pics of me.

Besides that I do have some physical problems this year, basically pulled two nerves on my neck. It is getting better each day and hoepfully this goes away in a couple of weeks. PT is helping. However with that said I won't be as loaded up on alcohol this year. Normally I carry a backpack with the drinks in it (cold of course) but going easy this year.

I look forward to seeing yall there and I met some cool cats on there from 4chan out of all places.
>>
>>10224222
They will be close till August 13th, that will give them enough time to find t he source and clean it, if it is on schedule they will be open for DragonCon
>>
i'm travelling internationally for my very first dragoncon and first american con. any tips? I joined some fb groups but they seem to be mostly older people.
>>
>>10224772
Actually I have some specific questions.
what days are the big cosplay days (what's up with monday?, and is wednesday worth? )
where to find and pre-book the good photographers? been looking on ig
>>
>>10224779
>>10224772
I don't know anything about photogs

Anyways the way the con goes is this:

Wednesday: You'll see people getting in and hanging around in the area/bars getting hyped for the con. Nothing really happens yet, con hasn't actually started yet.

Thursday: Con actually starts afternoon around 2pm. You'll start to see a decent amount of cosplays the convention will start ramping up here, but generally the crowds are very comfortable. The arcade is open but vendors are not I think.

Friday: Things TURN UP. It gets crowded, it gets packed, the big dances at night.

Saturday: Even bigger than Friday, absurdly crowded.

Sunday: Saturday 2.0

Monday: Chill day, vendors close around noon, con closes at 6, people might be depressingly shambling around the hotels before their flights/trips back home.
>>
>>10224779
Friday and Saturday are about the same for cosplay days, by Sunday most people are losing steam because party starts on Wednesday. Monday is pretty much recovering day and grabbing what's left at the vendor day.
>>
>>10224980
>by Sunday most people are losing steam because party starts on Wednesday. Monday
In terms of the crowd it is a little less crowded but the ones who are still there Sunday night/Monday morning still know how to party. Hell I had some pretty kickass parties on Sunday. But yes there is a noticeable crowd difference
>>
>>10224790

The post con depression is real after you spend a week living in a 24/7 week-long party like that. I'm eagerly awaiting the heartache.
>>
>>10225089
Even though it is good to expect disappointment (in terms of ppl breaking promises and shit) I would reframe from anxiously awaiting the post con depression. Live for the moment and drag out the day my friend!
>>
>>10225089
>>10226904
So is Dragon Con really just a party con?
>>
>>10224772
It's super mixed but there are a good amount of older people at the con
>>
>>10227637
DragonCon does both, but it does partying in a way most conventions can never dream to do.

Most cons aren't spread across 5 hotels that run 24/7.
>>
>>10227637
Couple of years a go we had two friend flying in to go to DragonCon with us and they were overwhelmed by how big the con is and how it doesn't stop with activities both official and unofficial (parties)
>>
>>10227742
The only con I know that allows you to drink liquor out in the open at the con.
>>
>>10227637

It's got plenty of content not related to party going, but then it has all of that too, but like >>10227719
Said, this is something that is unlike anything you'll experience and once you had a taste you'll be counting the days like me for it to all begin again. Anon is not kidding about the hotels either because the big three host hotels are all connected by skywalks that can be a bit of a bitch to traverse through depending on the time of day.
>>
>>10227823
This was pretty much me during my first Dragoncon a few years back. I moved from an area where conventions close down at a certain time, around 6 or 7.

I wasn't prepared for a convention of this magnitude where it literally does. Not. Stop and I love this place for that. I live local now but I'm still too far away from downtown so I choose to find groups to room up with in the area. Plus I just want to immerse myself in the atmosphere of it all.
>>
>>10227902

Sorry meant to quote >>10227742
>>
File: 2019072395123629.jpg (71 KB, 562x720)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>10224757
Here's hoping they actually have it fixed in time. If they have to move people to other hotels, it'll likely be somewhere kinda far. All the closest hotels are full.
>>
>>10228033
This is from you greasy fucks going in the water last year.
>>
>>10223580
Attendees blaming sports fans for self-inflicted injuries went into that decision to move
>>
>>10229043
what happened?

I always thought it was because the baseball games fucked up the hotel/parking/security situation too much for them to prioritize the con
>>
>>10227823
Are there any big parties or events I should know about?
>>
>>10229188
When the app is released, typically a week begore the shit hits the fan, it will give you all the details. Ofc there is the bunny hutch party, last party on Alderaan, yule ball
>>
>>10229188
>>10229237

The app is fantastic. You can go ahead and connect with people, create a schedule for yourself for panels you want to see and find out where they're happening.

You can even find other friends THROUGH the app and find out if they're hitting up an event too.
>>
>>10229131

not him but during this season cons, specifically Dragoncon and AWA which would take place almost like less than a month later, would always overlap with the sportsfans. Yeah we get drunk and do stupid shit but so too can the other side, and there's a lot of fingerpointing on both sides when something goes down.

Remember the chair toss back in '17? No one knew who to blame for that, but everyone was blaming everyone else.
>>
File: 20180901_150226.jpg (939 KB, 4128x3096)
939 KB
939 KB JPG
This will be my fourth time going this year and I absolutely love the event, I'll be cosplaying a cyberpunk wendigo which was a lot of fun to make. I got a hotel room that is walking distance of the Con which works wonders. If anyone wants to meet up for beers, first round is on me!

Pic related from last year
>>
>>10230696
I gotcha brother! Second round is on me then! I attend mostly at night but on Saturday I will be there in the late afternoon too
>>
5th year. 3rd year at the Marriott. I'm ready to get drunk, high, and do some horror cosplay.
>>
File: 20180901_191526.jpg (747 KB, 3096x4128)
747 KB
747 KB JPG
>>10231033

Aaaaay feel free to hit me up, my instagram is:

Paveldraws

I extend the invitation to all

Pic is my favorite from 2018
>>
>>10231135

If you are at the Merriott I'll try and spot you haha
>>
cry because my job is a shit and i won't be able to ask off from work for it since i'm one of two hostesses and the other one is a flaky dumbfuck who barely knows what she's doing. atlanta cons always look super lit and i had a lot of fun at momocon last year, so i want to try something that goes even harder
>>
>>10231681

Have you never been able to ask for this period off? You need to work during this time, all the time?
>>
5th year, 5th year at Hilton, ready to hang with my Pie, Destiny, and Mass Effect buddies.
>>
Can’t wait for Dragon Con, I’ve got my rider cosplay ready to go!
>>
>>10231681

It's a shitty restaurant job, you could literally quit and line up a new job at another restaurant to start the week after.
>>
File: 20170904_004602.jpg (2.66 MB, 4128x2322)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB JPG
>>10231318
Sweet cosplay dude. You gonna be the same this year or something different?
I will either be Frink (see >>10224549) or a bloodyass creepy scarecrow. I don't have IG nor any other social media but I will keep in touch here
>>
File: 20180901_114729.jpg (1.03 MB, 3096x4128)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
>>10231882
Oh that's not me, last year I went as the Creature from the Shape of Water, but only wore my mask at night because it was to hot during the day.

This year I'm going as a cyberpunk wendigo

Pic - I kept running into this guy shit was hilarious.

If anyone is up for a meet up we should plan something!
>>
>>10232017
We need to plan a mini meet up each day at some place that's easy to get to that's in the middle of the day towards night.

I'll be goofing with my boys, but if we can set a place and time in advance i'll be sure to show up at least for a bit just to say whats up.
>>
File: 20180901_091705.jpg (755 KB, 3096x4128)
755 KB
755 KB JPG
>>10232041

Sounds good! I'm down for meeting up for a drink or two, I can't remember which hotel it is but its got a bar and an outside balcony, pretty good for meet ups

Its around this area
>>
File: IMG_0654.jpg (2.7 MB, 4032x3024)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB JPG
>>10232049
This? or..
>>
File: 20180901_112353.jpg (984 KB, 3096x4128)
984 KB
984 KB JPG
>>10232071

No its not that one, but that would also be a good spot, you can get to it from the Marriott I think its on the way if you take the first right once coming up the escalators.

We've got plenty of time to figure things out.

Also anyone who was at 2018 run into this guy? He was 100% spot on almost forgot he was cosplaying for a second
>>
>>10191745
Hahaha I am not prepared for the heat at all.
>>
>>10231718

How'd you get a Rider cosplay ready? I personally have always wanted to have one done myself but didn't know if I ever had the money to make it happen. I'd need to comission someone for it.
>>
>>10232049

That looks like the Hyatt
>>
>>10232098

You will NEVER be prepared. Just let it happen.
>>
>>10232049
Ah you mean the bottom floor of the Hyatt. Where if you go down the steps you can go across the street to the Marriott.
>>
>>10232098
Light colored breathable clothing and a stainless steel water bottle will do wonders to mitigate the Georgia heat.
>>
File: 20180901_141910.jpg (652 KB, 3096x4128)
652 KB
652 KB JPG
>>10232419

Yeah, just double checked, that would be it.

I'm down with meeting up where ever. Anyone got a discord or anything or will we all remember to come back to this post haha?

I posted my insta so feel free to find me there. Always up for an adventure.

Pic - I'm trying to get a picture of every Aggretsuko character this year.
>>
>>10232494
>>10232049
Does anyone have a hotel room? I'm down to chip in a bottle of booze for a meet-up party
>>
>>10231706
more specifically, cons are held during the weekends, and weekends are always busy for us unless its like, the dead of winter. i'm mostly needed to work dinner shifts on friday and saturday

>>10231868
it's a family-run business my dude. i wish i could but i don't want to start any workplace+personal drama by leaving to go somewhere else. i'll be graduating college soon though so i shouldnt have to deal with that when i get a more serious job
>>
isnt atlanta the con capital of usa
>>
Got my Carpet Tee in the mail. It is excellent quality and is polyester so breathing is no problem. Can't wait guys.... One month away

>>10232880
My friend, it seems that you don't ask off a lot and I'm sure they will allow you to take the weekend off. You only live once.
>>
>>10232971
I would say that's California since they have comic-con and that's all normies know about, or at least big companies care about.
>>
>>10232880
I feel that, I have to put in time off for dragon con like 6 months in advance to even get it considered that I get off. Im a back of house kitchen manager so I get it. I know how hard it is to take days off and lose pay for missed hours. I recommend taking 1 day off if your not flying in, so you dont have to deal with hotel costs. You can see all d-con in 1 day if you don't have specific multiple date panels on your list.

If you can take 1 day off to come to d-con I'll buy you a drink.
>>
File: IMG_1411.jpg (3.52 MB, 4032x3024)
3.52 MB
3.52 MB JPG
>>10232971
Hmm, lets count them down

1) DragonCon End of August
2) Momocon End of May
3) AWA End of October (as of 2019)
4) FWA Mid-May
5) SeishunCon Mid-Feb (tiny tho)

All within 15miles of each other. I don't know how extraordinary that is.

>>10233168
Fuck Cali cons with their bullshit metal detectors that don't actually stop anything, excessive security and no fun rules.
>>
File: 1521340718991.jpg (55 KB, 429x571)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>mfw my boss is going to Atlanta Black Pride
At least I got the leave approved for Dragoncon
>>
So how does d-con gaming work? I heard it sells out fast, but when does it open up? I've never had a chance to play any tabletop (small town) so I want to try it at d-con. Advice?
>>
>>10233178
I feel that. But also I feel Atlanta gets the shaft as far as con-related attention goes. The east coast is always second fiddle to west coast + the south is the butt of America so we never get respect. I wish people in the con-community gave us the love we deserve.
>>
>>10233188
>I wish people in the con-community gave us the love we deserve.

DC is a major con known for its cosplays and events and non-ntop 24 hour party over a week.
If it turned anything into the likes of sdcc that would be too mainstream and there would be more rules (especially regarding alcohol)
>>
File: 20180901_205032.jpg (1.7 MB, 4128x3096)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB JPG
>>10232866
I'm staying at Ramada Plaza, probably not the greatest, but its a hop skip and a jump to the con. I'm down for chipping in booze.

Like I said first rounds on me fellows!
>>
>>10233180
I read that Atlanta has one of the highest numbers of HIV cases in America

Yall have fun with your orgies
>>
>>10233741

And TB
>>
>>10233741
>STDs
>from the virgin dress up party

You all know your not getting laid right?
>>
>>10233690
>>10232866
>>10232049
>>10232494
Someone want to set up a discord or something so we can make this happen? Does the app let you do that?
>>
>>10234034
You forgot to use the contraction “you’re” short for “you are”
>>
>>10233741
Just avoid people that are statistically more likely to have it
>>
>>10233741
A good majority of people going to the con are from out of town. Practice safe sex and don't eat random ass.
>>
File: 20180901_204426.jpg (707 KB, 3096x4128)
707 KB
707 KB JPG
>>10234188

I don't think enough us will meet up warranting a discord. I have an instagram for simple messaging if anyone wants to meet up for drinks, share cosplays, etc. just have a good time.
>>
Watch out for those "sports fans" throwing chairs again this year. I heard they are planning a a mass chairing this year.
>>
Valentine here. Or should I say Not Valentine. My maker broke her hand and probably won't recover in time to finish my cosplay so. Rip.
>>
>>10236102
How much is done? Can you finish it yourself?
>>
>>10205218
>going to cons for big TV panels and autographs.

Dragon*con is a party con. There are lots of smaller tracts and panels that aren't a huge wait.. but yeah it's a party. It's big for a reason.

>>10225089
I actually find the sooner I go the less depression I have. Ive been going on wed night the last two years and I'm ready to go home by sunday.

Marriott master race here. I'm really getting excited desu.
>>
>>10236372
Considering I commissioned it from someone across the country, that's a negative. It'll be ready for AWA.
>>
>>10226904
>>10236540

I hear you peeps. I'm local however so I have a constant reminder of the good times whenever I ride by the area. I'll do my best to make the most of every hour.
>>
File: 20180901_223212.jpg (661 KB, 3096x4128)
661 KB
661 KB JPG
Anyone still down for that meet up?
>>
>>10237093
Right here bro.
>>
This will be my first Dragoncon. My cosplay is set based on the weather.
>>
>>10237575
I'm a girl, creep.
>>
>>10238209
look more like a tranny but I guess I was just hoping for some boy pussy. Sorry.
>>
>>10237093
im staying at the marriott. Want to party?
>>
>>10238209
My bad, however how was I supposta know that that was you in the pic? You got ppl in here posting pics of random cosplayers not saying it is them.
>>
>>10238180
nice 30yr old boomer cosplays

>>10238484
don't respond to trolls
>>
File: Long Sleeve.jpg (403 KB, 765x1355)
403 KB
403 KB JPG
>>10213326
>>10218809
Helmet turned out pretty well, need to put the side horns on then it's sand, fill, sand prime then paint.

Amazon sent me short sleeve but the long one is coming, I can use this one as guide to make the shoulder strap thing in the meantime.
>>
Sheraton got the green light to open, they found the source and cleaned it up. Crisis averted!

Someone should troll with "Free ice cold Sheraton water! Free Sheraton water!"

https://www.ajc.com/lifestyles/authorities-confirm-source-legionnaires-sheraton-atlanta/WYMQz4gHVInRgrECVu6w8O/
>>
>>10242055
I'm just glad as fuck they confirmed it originated in the Sheraton. Imagine the chaos if they didn't find a source and had to scramble and test every cooling tower in every building in a 3mi radius.

Also I'm a slut for the Sheraton - near the other hotels, but quiet, and you don't gotta go down to go up on the elevators (or vise-versa).

I'll be around with sassy badge ribbons to give away that go with my cosplays... Anyone else doing similar?
>>
>>10242379
Hmmmm iirc someone made badass pins last year and passes them out. Was that you?
Hopefully I will run into ya at the Sheraton but to answer your question I am eventually going to bring a DC flag for peeps to hold and take pics with. That has been on my bucket list for a few years now but then again it is a hassle keeping track of it and holding it if you don't have a buddy to tag team
>>
>>10238622
Are you saying the 30 year old is a boomer?
>>
10 days away. How are those cosplay plans coming along?
>>
>>10242819

Pretty perfect, just about got everything finished, just ready for the Con really. Looking forward to meeting some cool artist, getting drinks with strangers, and maybe seeing Brian Henson haha
>>
>>10242785
lol no i'm joking that those cosplays perfectly hit the nostalgic 30 year old demographic that kinda find the media from their childhood superior to current day stuff making them boomeresque sounding in nature.
>>
>>10242819
Surprisingly well. I'm down to just fixing things that gave me trouble during the test wearings at a couple small local cons.
>>
File: 1554011328740.jpg (114 KB, 422x422)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>10242785
Everything that isn't zoomer is boomer. That's how the meme works.
>>
>>10242055
Implying Dragoncon didnt just pay a shit ton of bribe money so they would reopen. You fuckers are going to die of legionnaires
>>
First time going to Dragoncon & I'm super stoked. I'm pretty experienced with cons, but not of this size - Ohayocon & Colossalcon are my mainstays.

Not gonna lie, the idea of having dances every night until the sun comes up is a pretty stellar prospect. However, I tend to wander & get lost quite easily - not in a dangerous way, just like a "hey, these lights look fun; lets stray away from the group" way. I've got a penchant for ending up in rooms that aren't my own.

Are people generally pretty cool/open here? Any con stories of meeting chaotic, yet relatively safe, groups of new friends?
>>
>>10243427
If you are dressing up, you want to get your best stuff on for Friday and Saturday, one of our friend from out of town, she decide to get dressed up on Sunday and Monday which by then people are in recovering mode not really pay her too much attention.

Generally people are pretty nice and stay in the hotel area and don't wonder into some back alley you should be ok.
>>
>>10243461
>Generally people are pretty nice and stay in the hotel area and don't wonder into some back alley you should be ok.

On this note, if you DO decide to go outside the con area/downtown ATL please take your Dragoncon badge off for street smarts reasons.
>>
>>10243466

This. I walked a couple of times to get to DragonCon from my Airbnb at night, desolate streets and all. It hadn't been the smartest move to pull with hindsight 20/20 and all but given my height, people might have thought twice about messing with me even if I did run solo.
>>
Kinda crazy how left wing and militant the tracks and panels have become in the last three years.
Pretty toxic environment desu
>>
>>10230696
>>10231033
Third rounds on me! I’ll be around whole con I’m going as shield hero so come say hi if you wanna.
>>
>>10244114
Three's Company mate!
>>
Anyone going to be in the parade this year? Also what your guys line up? I only time to make one this year, but I'm curious to see what you guys have whipped up.
>>
File: Chernobyl_S01.jpg (78 KB, 1200x800)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
Anybody else doing any Chernobyl cosplays?
>>
>>10244114
Do you have any photos of your costume?
>>
>>10227637
Some years back on /cgl/ a few of the seagulls always referred to it as Hookup Con because it was the one known for wild late night parties/orgies.
>>
>>10244109
Which panels are crazy left wing to you? There's quite a lot of Diversity panels, but I feel like that's been a trend for the past 3-5 with cons all over the US.
>>
>>10244205
I’m gonna shave the beard and dye the hair black I’m a natural blonde
>>
>>10244454
why dont you just get a wig

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.