[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 29 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Post some fursuits you like. Try to avoid self-posting or the stereotypical low-effort sparklewolf type ones.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
And now for a completely different style, I love how this person makes cartoony proportions.
>>
>>
>>
>>10183966
>>10183969
>>10183970
I seriously want to know what type of fleece they're sing to have it look so professional and skin-like.
>>
>>10183966
This one is fantastic!
>>
>>10183964
Is there a name for this style? I'm not a furry but I think these are cute
>>
>>10183988
they're called kemono furries, anon!
>>
The skill involved in producing high quality fursuits is impressive
>>
>>
Furries should be put to sleep the same way the animals they want to fuck are
>>
File: s_rue_hillary-esdaile.jpg (62 KB, 600x315)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>10184045
I hate furries but some well-made fursuits are incredible. They rival good cosplay with the attention to detail and skill.
>>
File: f.png (1.39 MB, 900x1200)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
>>
>>10183971
regular fleece, that’s all their airbrushing skill
>>
>>10184160
the magic is ruined

still impressed by the proportions though. never seen furries do such a style
>>
i love kemono stuff. why are western fursuits so fucking ugly
>>
>>
>>
File: DQBO0yPUQAAYttE.jpg (110 KB, 590x1024)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>10184039
>>10184049
these are awesome!!
>>
>>10184179

They try too hard for that amalgamation of Disney style animals and whatever style is popular on the internet
>>
>>
>>10184947
>>
>>
>>
>>10183966
>>10183969
>>10183970
>>10184039
>>10184049
>>10184159
>>10184947
Came into this thread for some good cringe but damn, I actually really like some of these. Am.... Am I a furry now?
>>
>>10184525
western fursuit style creeps me the fuck out but kemono is so cute, i want to hug them. they just seem more innocent
>>
>>
>>10184955
yes, that's how they get you
>>
Not gonna lie, I came into this thread expecting to laugh at furries but I’m genuinely impressed by almost all of these
>>
File: 1540237823439.jpg (179 KB, 972x1046)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
Does Japan just have better fabric selection to have all these suits made of quality short-pile fur or do they shave longer fur down?
>>
>>10184990
They get mocked a lot but making good fursuits requires a lot of skill
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (264 KB, 875x858)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
>>10185019
all japanese furry-related things i've seen, be it fursuits or furry art or conventions, are so much better than western furshit in every way. the quality, the lack of shoving weird fetishes in everyone's face, the pleasing designs of the characters... if western furfags were like their eastern counterparts i'd have much less issue with the whole thing

like even if a western fursuit is well-made, usually the character design is ugly as shit and takes away from the craftsmanship
>>
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (609 KB, 1313x2048)
609 KB
609 KB JPG
>>
>>10185019
They actually have a less wide fur selection as everything is iported from the US (which is also why the same sould from japan would cost more than the US), mostly shaving is used.
>>
>>10184195
A cute!
>>
File: infurnity-2017-group.jpg (305 KB, 1024x620)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
>>10185161
In Europe, especially in the Slavic countries for some reason, they tend to be pretty good about realistic fursuits

Usually all of the shit we see in the west is more American than anything; for some reason here in the states, we have a culture ranging from "AESTHETICS IS A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT" to just straight up having bad taste

And it doesn't that because of our high obesity, that the community is full of neckbeards and hambeasts who look bad with our without a suit, even a good quality one

Compare that to Japan or Taiwan or Korea where hardwork and effort is something more pervasive in society, whether it be work or their hobbies, including fursuit making

and also the fact that being fat is not tolerated

Just look at my post pic for a con from Taiwan, and just look at the average quality of the fursuits
>>
File: 1510942952732.jpg (125 KB, 896x1024)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>10185161
>>10189055
Also Western suiters will wear their suit all day and will roughhouse in them, where Eastern are more for photoshoots and maintaining their look.
>>
>>10184955
that's how all fetishes start, for me bdsm was:
>hey this is fucking funny
>oh that's kind of hot actually
>okay im wanking to this but only on occasion
>now always wanted to lot of bdsm shit to the point im just super depraved of real release
>>
So say someone is terrified of furries in fursuits...but a good friend of theirs is a furry planning on making fursuits. Is exposure therapy a good idea to get over this fear or should the furry friend be yeeted into the weeb garbage pile?
>>
What's Okadaya fur like?
I'm going to get some SF240B from them for certain parts of my fursuit (it's the only stretchy fur in its price range), and I'm wondering if I should get my other fur from them as well.
However, I browsed all Google search results for any mention of what Okadaya's fur is like, and the only relevant results were /cgl/ fursuit threads.
>>
I like the one that isn't a degeneration catalyst for AIDS ridden perverts.

Ohhhh wait!
>>
>>10191157
Majority of Okadaya fur is fun fur tier. Don’t bother, you’ll waste money.
>>
>>10189474
The thing you've got to ask yourself with any fear, is /why/ are you terrified?
If it's the """""community""""" then you can disregard that end of things and just concentrate on the cute suits, a large number of people with suits don't even touch the """""community""""" outside the suiting parts specifically. If it's all mascots and mascot like costumes you have a thing with and you just find them creepy, then exposure and knowing how they're made may help. Personally I'm not the biggest fan of the blank and unmoving expressions mascots and fursuits have, so things like moving jaws helps a lot.
>>
As much as I hate the “normal” style of furry, I love the realistic designs.

They remind me of Beatrix Potter or calico critters, and sometimes even old mythology. Stuff like >>10184039 and >>10184049 seem more dnd/larp based than creepy cartoon murder clown or creepy cartoon sex pet.
Honestly any info about where to find realistic furries without the other kinds tagging along would be super appreciated.
>>
>>10191241
just search 'realistic fursuit'. the western style is called toony and the japanese style is kemono
>>
>>10191249
Don't forget 'semi-realistic', somewhere between realistic and toony (though it tends to lean farther towards toony, as part of the reason toony is so unrelentingly popular is it's easier to make / design for than generic sparkle dogs).
>>
>>10191203
Well, I found out that SF240 comes from a company called Exterial, so Okadaya is just a redistributor for assorted furs so some of their fur will be good and some will be bad as it's all from different companies.

Unfortunately, I can find very little information on Exterial's fur, because as far as I can tell the only place it's ever mentioned on the English-speaking internet is a short line in a FurAffinity post (which is where I found out about Exterial).
>>
>>10191789
Are you asking for advice or what? I’m not sure what the point of your response was.

Obviously Okadaya gets their fabrics from other companies, that’s how fabric stores usually work. The stretch fur is fine, a couple of the natural tones are fine, but the majority of the furs are super bad quality.

Source: Cosplayer who lives here, but feel free to ignore me and order your overpriced nipponese weeb fabric if you want
>>
>>10189474
is there a specific part you're afraid of? is there a difference to you in seeing a suit worn versus not?
fursuit construction is fun, you might find something you appreciate or learn some new craft skills
>>
>>10191837
Can you please tell me more about the stretch fur?
Because I found out about SF9500, which is like SF240 but longer, and since it's longer I could possibly use it as the main fur for my suit instead of just for the hands and paws.
Although I don't know how to buy it because Okadaya doesn't sell it. I asked Exterial if they ship to New Zealand, in English, and they haven't responded so I guess they deal exclusively with Japanese customers.
>>
>>10191789
Exterial is what all the pony fursuiters and Tashiro Yu use, there isn't much to tell besides that it's stretchy plush.
>>
>>10191789
Why don't you just read Exterial's website then?
http://e-nakano.net/
>>
>>10192207
So how do the pony fursuiters get it?
I can't figure out how to buy it. I see orders are done through email, but they don't say if they ship overseas or acknowledge non-Japanese emails.

>>10192208
Obviously I did; but that gives no information about the quality, length, or method of acquisition.
>>
>>10184954
Fucking Razu lmao. When you see it next to Sherbert you really just how garbage K-Line suits have become. $5000+ for such a poor quality trash
>>
>>10185019
There's a dealer in Japan who specializes in short piles in a huge range of colors, it's the longer luxury shag they have issues with.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.