[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 27 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

Have you guys ever been buying from Xianyu? Any reviews? Horror stories? It looks like a really great hoard of brand, but the fact they come from replica motherland is quite discouraging.
>>
Things are quite expensive there. Plus buying things that have replicas is quite scary.
>>
I havent done brand but my friend and i have purchased a lot of out of stock taobao designs on there. They also tend to be dirt cheap too.
>>
So is it actually possible to search for things or do you have to go through every page?
>>
>>10140096
This is the only thing xianyu is really good for, second hand taobao designs.
>>10140109
There's a search function, but it doesn't work well. Usually I search for the brand and cut or color I'm looking for and scroll through the results.
>>
>>10140345
I can't seem to find the search function, is it only on the app version or am I just completely blind?

>>10140096
Did you purchase straight from the site or did you use an SS?
>>
>>10141716
i can't find the search funciton either.
>>
>>10141716
Search is on app only
>>
Does anyone want me to do a review of the two soufflesong blouses I just got or is that lame
>>
>>10142479
go for it, we don't get enough OC as it is

>>10139207
> replica motherland
Pretty sure the majority of things you've bought 2/3 years ago are from China, unless you're swearing off everything except 100% custom or indie eco brands everything you buy likely has pieces or labor from China
>>
I bought quite a lot 2nd hand cosplays from there, it's not uncommon for chinese cosplayers to only wear something for a shooting and then sell it so you can easily get mint condition goods for less than the original price.
>>
>>10143290
That sounds great! Can I ask which SS you used?
>>
I downloaded it recently and there are a few things I’m interested in and I’m willing to pay the prices they set but the possibility of getting a replica is too high. I asked my SS to ask a seller to upload photos of the actual item they were selling rather than screenshots of the original brand photo, and the seller never replied. It’s made me even more suspicious than I already was desu
>>
>>10141716
Sorry for the late reply. We used an SS, Taobaoring

The site is basically non-functional on PC. You have to get the app.
>>
>>10143502
Thank you! I actually just got the app, might just try to order something later
>>
I got a cosplay on Xianyu, also used Taobaoring/42agent as my agent. The design was a limited run and I got it at a good price, likely cheaper than the store cost. I was very happy with it.
>>
I've been using taobao agents for a while. Does anyone have a guide to buying directly from taobao?
>>
Got a few rare finds on there for decent prices BUT I did get scammed into buying a replica.

Mind you it is a damn good replica and the differences are hard to see unless you look into it closely. I did my research regarding replicas produced of the print (Twinkle Carnival) and it seemed that they all slight design tweaks. The replica I bought had none of these tweaks.

I asked Taobaoring to message the seller, requesting for further photos and tags.

The seller promptly replied with photos of the dress with tags and closeups. Little did I know that those photos were taken from the real thing.

The important thing to remember is that once you agree to buy on xianyu through Taobaoring, you waive your right to return the item once it has been received by them- that’s what I have been told.

Naively I quickly looked over the proof photos from Taobaoring and thought it was fine. When it came through the post I couldn’t see anything obvious that indicated to it being a replica. It was only when I realised that it didn’t have a tag (I like the proof photos provided) and the oddly constructed front bow that I realised I had been yeeted on.

TLDR; got scammed into buying a replica, and can’t even do shit about it. Feeling really icky about it
>>
>>10144042
Oh that's disgusting. I'm surprised you didn't name and shame the seller?
>>
>>10144076
I mean... unless you have an active weibo following who's going to listen to you about a Chinese seller scamming you on a Chinese platform?
>>
>>10144101
I was more thinking so none of us buy from them and get that same experience as you did.
>>
>>10143635
https://sea.taobao.com/howtobuy
>>
File: 435435.png (44 KB, 683x111)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
Speaking of scammers, when you go on a shop's review page now, you get a popup announcing that they will remove the review feature starting from the 18th of this month.
>>
Does anyone have recommendations of good lolita headdress shops that are not red maria, cutie creator or foxcherry? Thanks!
>>
>>10144111
NAYRT, but here’s the link to the seller page:

https://market.m.taobao.com/app/idleFish-F2e/IdleFishWeexPersonalPage/PersonalHome?ut_sk=1.W9OAYgMui/IDAJ4%2B%2BLmYXGuq_12431167_1554786200681.Copy.mypage.312169393.0&userid=312169393&wh_weex=true&forceFlush=1

Including photo that my SS took once the dress came to them.
>>
>>10144878
Just search "lolita发带" and set Taobao to sort by sales, is quicker than trying to list all shops here.
>>
>>10144712
Is there anything you can do if they dont have your exact address?

Live in Australia, and I can get it down to the city, but my city isnt in the list I can choose from and i cant seem to enter my own.
>>
For people who have the app,Does it allow you to do anything? If I try to click on the search bar,the app closes. It doesn't allow me to take screenshots so I can't translate them and navigate properly. Please help. I'm on Android btw
>>
Yes and it end up being a poorly made replica. Couldn’t do anything about it. My friend said the Chinese are all trying to screw each other.
>>
>>10148085

Real convincing argument right there m8. Fuck off with your racism.

I’ve gotten brand before with no issue but it’s not very easily replicable brand so
>>
>>10148333
Lol, it has nothing to do with racism. I told my Chinese friend about how the piece I bought ended up being a replica, even though the post really said it was AP, and that was their response. It was my friend who said it...
They told me to avoid Xianyu as it is full of replicas and scalpers. It only makes my search harder, as the dress I want was only re-released in China. Xianyu is the only place the dress still pops up.
>>
>>10149024
They also told me there was a better platform where Chinese Lolita’s sell their dresses. They said they would keep an eye open for me, but never mentioned the platform. So if anyone knows, I would love to hear more about it.
>>
>>10149035

You could just ask them? Unless they're referring to themselves as well, I find it odd they wouldn't give you the site.
>>
I tried to google this issue and it led me to this https://www.zhihu.com/question/267338541 some person is asking where do beginner lolita start. If you look down the comments there’s a link to weibo page where lolitas post about cases of fraud https://www.weibo.com/shuogeiloniang Not too much but as much as I can tell by screenshots they do shop on xianyu.
>>
>>10148333
It's honestly not racism. It's a cultural thing.
>>
What happened to the taobao haul hype? I remember this thread used to be active with gulls getting new hauls weekly. The crazy has really died off?
>>
>>10152229
There's probably haul posts in the taobao general thread, not many people buy from Xianyu I guess
>>
>>10152214

Yeah those weren’t the cultural values I was brought up with. Neither for my SO, who was born in China.
>>
There used to be a search work around where you didn't have to use the app, but I can't find the guide to it anymore. Does anyone still know how it was done?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.