[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 142 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

File: tokimekijump.jpg (119 KB, 960x960)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
Last thread >>10123628

/cgl/ Idol Spreadsheet (Recently updated, under new management!) - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WtgRe5cjKIR0BYGhw9N8ahxChLqEFLbZIRbAazooh-o/edit?usp=sharing

Previously:
- Swampcon Idol Fest / Mosuri's performance panel
- A handful of anons on /cgl/ is not representative of the idol/dance community as a whole
- Where to practice dancing / where to get floor-length mirrors to practice dancing with
- Selling merch as a cover group generally considered okay if said merch isn't copyright-infringing
- Gulls can acknowledge chubby idols as being cute and talented
- When it comes to song covers, having your own style is preferable than trying/straining to replicate the original vocals
- International idol performers at a Malaysian event were held in immigration detention over visa issues and, thankfully, were all recently released safe and sound
- Squeeze.gg on haitus
- FantaSEA Splash/Peachy Sorbet plagiarized a logo for their event

Current & Upcoming:
- Auditions for AnimeCTX's Summer Idol Festival open until April 28th - https://texasidolfestival.carrd.co/#eventsauditions

I'll borrow an anon's question from last thread: What are some songs you think would fit a Spring cover?
I have a playlist of Spring songs if anyone's interested, but I'd also appreciate any recommendations for songs to add!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfmgukQM2isVNB5hDoS0bPi8FaafHmgRt

Featured: Tokimeki JUMP
>>
>Original
Grace Mellody - Orange Melody
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PNDJ55L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_doyKCbRP71E2N

Momiji Velvet - Velvet ga Mimasuyo / Move Up!
https://youtu.be/08AIXuxoO_Y
https://youtu.be/MgJbLqG2LBI

Seishun Youth Academy - 1st Anniversary Concert Recap
https://youtu.be/mf6QiqSP8IA

Shojo Complex - Tension Up!
https://youtu.be/G_SjK9LPL4s

>Covers
AidoruJanAi - Nice to Meetune (GOKIGEN TEIKOKU) / Platonic Girl (Wa-Suta)
https://youtu.be/suU8HCfKyqA
https://youtu.be/lZB-ELwmWoE

Auracle - Dive to Blue (iMarine Project)
https://youtu.be/o3wUGmrY42o

Honey Hime - Independent Girl (Buono!)
https://youtu.be/nwRdnghpFEQ

Mosuri's Pengy - Gigantic O.T.N. (Len Kagamine)
https://youtu.be/4W4gShgPjZI

Tambourine Idols' Swampcon Idol Fest Performance
https://youtu.be/Be8Dx4w11Ic
>>
>>10137628
The skirts Mosuri have on are actually pretty cute (I like how fluffy they are and how they move when they're dancing) but why on earth did they pair them with those awful white turtleneck things? It looks really bad and like they ran out of time to get dressed or something.
>>
I’m at Anime Detour this weekend and all I see for idols are love live cosplay group panels and Bless
>>
>>10137683
Yeah, it looks out of place with the skirt. I wish they had some sort of other accessory besides just the sash to spruce it up a bit.
>>
>>10137683
I usually really love these kinds of outfits but it feels very mismatched. I know what they were going for I guess and it wasn't executed right. A cuter top would've complimented the skirt more, or at least something with a bit more detail to contrast the bottom heaviness. The skirts are very very cute though and I love them.
>>
>>10137626
Shooting Star Idols uploaded their original song

https://youtu.be/GPJpQ-BcIQs
>>
>>10137857
I’m going to be honest, I am not normally a fan of them but this looks and sounds really well done for a first attempt at an original song. Everyone looked well put together, they clearly did enough shots of everything until it looked its best, the composing doesn’t sound cheesy and “royalty free”.

My one complaint though is that the two girls who didn’t have solo bits seemed left out. (I mean maybe for good reason, maybe singing isn’t their strong suit) but it definitely feels a little unbalanced in that way. Also the way the rap was said wasn’t my favorite. But otherwise a job well done.
>>
>>10137889
Yeah, the rap is definitely lacking something. I thought it sounded like she was out of breath and because of that she lacked the strength to do what makes raps good.
The dancer that got the solo also seemed to be sorta out of it? Like she was trying hard to remember all the moves. Though, I may be nitpicking at this point lol
Otherwise it was a great job and a catchy song. Laughed at the subtle flex with the girl who had the air pods in in the library scene.
>>
>>10137857
Both the song and MV are pretty cute, and I love the concept of going on a great grand adventure!

>>10137889
Though I agree with you, the rapping is... awkward. I feel like it needs some more power behind it? And I like the idea of having members play to their various strengths (like the group Dream5 which had two vocalists and three dancers - https://youtu.be/pLqaKgR56JE ), but those two girls could have had some close-ups of them posing or dancing or something to balance out all the time spent focusing on the main vocalists rather than just a 6-second dance break for one of them.
>>
File: oof.png (1.6 MB, 1440x1643)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB PNG
More Stellure drama, but this must really sting, Castillo's selling all her Stellure costumes. Did she make her own, or was it Mimi? I doubt they only cost $40.
>>
>>10138253
A lot of the members have put their outfits up for sale. This is no big deal lol
>>
>>10138253
This is literally not drama, she's moving out for college and wants to clear out some closet space.
>>
>>10138253
Honestly if I was in a group that disbanded & got the same amount of popularity, I’d sell my old costumes too. You underestimate the power of memorabilia.
>>
>>10137714
Did you see the love live idol group win an award at the masquerade? They were really cute!
>>
>>10138400
Selfpost is strong
>>
>>10137590
I've gotten this vibe from her as well. She is always trying to impress older members of the comm. Ive avoided her as much as i can because of that.
>>
>>10138253
I hope nobody is stupid enough to buy these, they look shockingly badly made.
>>
>>10137857
I'm actually really surprised by how good this sounds for a first attempt! It looks like they put a lot of time and effort into it and it really paid off for them. I think I have the same complaints as others with the rap really not being as powerful as it should be but I think as a first attempt it's really not awful and she can get better with her rapping as new music comes out from them. My only other complaint has to do with their idol costumes, it felt really out of place for me for their video to go from soft pink to that royal blue and that maybe their casual outfits should have been darker so the shift in colors didn't shock me as much as it did lmao. But that's a nitpick more than anything!

Overall I'm really looking forward to see what they release next!
>>
>>10137857

I liked it a lot, most of my complaints are nitpicking like the singing, expressions and the rap (that people already talked about). The singers weren't bad at all, I think they just sounded kind of shy and soft, which is understandable for their first single. They needed to project more, even with softer, more cutesy songs you need to sing with some power to it, and it doesn't take it away. Maybe some of it was the mixing's fault?

The song itself was nice, it was cute and airy. It was maybe a little bit "flat", though? It needed more layers to it, more percussion and depth, maybe harmonizing with the singing (like one lower, one higher or something) so it would've sounded more interesting. Again, first original song, so ehhh, nitpicks.
>>
>>10137857
needs wayyyy better mixing. it sounds too amateur to listen to fully. the song itself and vocals aren't terrible but the quality is very bad. they need to commission someone to mix it properly.
it's different if it's a song cover, but it's their original song. there needs to be more impact. amateur mixing on a song cover is whatever, but for your first original song, it needs to be way better.
>>
Are there any groups that you guys feel are underappreciated or ones that have caught your eye? Preferably ones with smaller followings but anything goes.
>>
Not sure if the L-Nav changing to Mystic Wish thing is an April fool's joke or not. If not, the timing sure was weird.
>>
>>10139411
It’s not. May (their leader) has a habit of posting things late at night. LNAVs post are always late. Check jpgkraken’s story, their riko, she posted a big thing about the whole change.
>>
>>10137628
>Amazon
>>
>>10139491
its the link to purchase the single lol i dont think she ever uploaded it to youtube because she didnt have anything to accompany it
>>
>>10139423
Well, shit. Are there any other Florida love live groups that are decent in their absence, then? PSS and MahouKiss seem promising enough. I'd like to see what the future has in store for L-Nav as MW, too.
>>
>>10139621
I would pick Okashi Idols desu. They’re a bit younger, but they put on a genuinely good show. They’re literally a group that’s there to have fun and enjoy themselves. They’ve never strayed from doing love live to do anything else and every member I’ve met is sweet and kind. I would support them anyday. I would say PSS is next in the list in terms of dedication and effort. Mahou Kiss would be last. They’re spreading themselves too thin trying multiple projects and shuffling members around. They’ll fall apart before long just like the group they originated from.
>>
>>10139559
I just thought more people used Spotify
So is it not going on YouTube at all? Is there not going to be an MV?
>>
Interlunium has another solo song up on their spotify. I like the song (I didn't like the other solo song for just personal taste reasons), but jesus christ the auto tune gets worse on every release. It's unbearable to the extent I don't want to listen to it.
>>
ChiRi Girls' Youtube channel has been invaded?
https://youtu.be/tJPRkmMBJm4

HeartShot Dance made a huge announcement...
https://youtu.be/YH3fh-_ZapM

And Poppy (Tambourine Idols) did a dance cover of U.S.A. (DA PUMP)!
https://youtu.be/YXpYmca3qSk

And an adorable bonus: Predia is a more mature-styled idol group with all the idols being in their late 20s, early 30s, so for April 1st...
https://youtu.be/SVQxn3Vblhk

>>10139491
>>10139652
Yeah, Spotify is probably the most-widely used, but I didn't want to make anyone have to sign up for a Spotify account just to be able to check out that one song, and the url for iTunes was absurdly long due to the Japanese characters formatting strangely, so then it came down to Amazon or Google Play...
>>
Any April fools shenanigans from idols that y'all liked?
>>
This thread seems to be 90% self posts.
>>
>>10139751
Mosurii on Instagram was sooo funny! And the OIC discord was hilarious
>>
>>10139751
Peachy Parade going goth was pretty fun. Megan specifically was cute about it since its already tinged with that aesthetic.
>>
>>10139841
Yeah I enjoyed theirs a lot, it was fun getting to see some of the members look really different

HeartShot Dance’s video killed me too, that was great
>>
Nebula Kiss is down to one member. Just please put the group out of its misery and start over good grief
>>
>>10139751
Alright Paida's April Fool's insta story had me absolutely reeling. It got me hook line and sinker.
>>
>>10139832
If you say so lol
>>
>>10140320
I was legitimately sad to find out that Paida was joking, even though I went “wait, she’s not half-Japanese...”
>>
>>10140328
>>
>>10140283
Pull the trigger, Mickey
>>
>>10139779
I thought ALL threads were 90% self post lol
>>
Hello. I've been reading the threads for a while and I got curious about something and wanted to ask. What makes an idol cover group memorable in your eyes? Is it the content they post? Is it how well they dance and how nice their content looks on social media? Is it the personalities of the people in the group and whether they have beef with others? Is it that they only cosplay from one series, for instance Love Live? Do groups get scorn on or become less fun to watch when they try experimenting with other series?
>>
>>10140541

The answer is all of the above, they have to be one neat package which doesn't make you wish they'd done some things differently by the time you've finished watching them. So they need to be good at what they do, look presentable and have a nice personality.
I'd personally prefer that they don't get into drama and if it's something they really can't avoid because they're being targeted by other salty fucks then they need to handle it with dignity and kill it off quickly without letting it fester.

I don't really mind so much if the group cosplays and does covers from one series, but they need to be open about that being their thing from the beginning so people don't expect more. Most importantly they need to make sure they're passionate about it so it doesn't switch up a few months later to the new 'in' thing and become a cycle. If they want to do a mixture from the beginning then all the more power to them. I think it takes a lot of energy to stick to one thing consistently for what can be years.
>>
>>10140541
I feel like this same question is asked 100 times with the same answers every time. If you're looking for what your group should be doing, try looking at actual Japanese idol groups and mimic them.
>>
literally ever OIC april fools thing was so cringe. Y’all arent funny at all
>>
>>10140599
Maybe just let people have fun and enjoy themselves? Pretty much everyone IN the community enjoyed what people were doing and had a good time with the silly jokes. Try not being a dick and getting to know these people and you’ll realize that they’re just having fun doing dumb stuff on a day that’s LITERALLY about doing dumb stuff. Regular idols pull pranks and do stuff for fun all the time, why can’t OIC? Get a life.
>>
>>10140599
Sorry if you didn’t laugh but I thought everything I saw was funny, and so did most of the other people I spoke to who follow the community. It’s one day of the year where people make silly jokes, get over it
>>
>>10140548
I don't necessarily agree with you and here's why. Japan and NA/Europe are completely different markets. What's successful there and what's successful here is not the same. The wota culture is also completely different. Goodluck getting all the money to fund your group from only wotas...If you want to be popular, you need to start attracting a more mainstream fanbase in your community. JP idol groups have a large focus on being as girlfriend-like as possible and your skills in singing and dancing actually don't really matter at all. Clearly people care about that here if you view how people comment on cgl. Also, idols are very restricted in Japan, no dating, no swearing, you're not allowed to say a lot of things on social media. My point is you don't need to mimic every single thing about idols in Japan to be successful here, because it's impossible to create something here that's exactly like a Japanese group. We're overseas idols, we need to get creative. As for outfits, stage presence, merchandise yes please refer to Japanese groups and mimic that, but as for how they present themselves, it's a bit complicated. I recommend making yourself look as professional as possible to avoid looking cringey. As for the love live series thing, if you cosplay love live, you are not an idol. Period. Sorry.
>>
>>10140548
Same person as above, just wanted to add something. Why do people call themselves an "idol cover group" if they are covering love live? I don't really see how Love Live is idols. You are a Love Live or Anime cover group, right?
>>
>>10140541
If they're cute and creative with their content (Squeeze being an example of "creative"), I like them. I like both Love Live groups and original idol/idolsonas, so as long as they're cute, it doesn't matter to me.

As for people cosplaying other series, I'd like to see more Idolish7/Ensemble stars/UtaPri groups, even if they're ~girlz cosplaying muh husbandos~, as long as they dance well and have decent personalities, I'm in. I just want to enjoy weebshit and dancing because I'm too chickenshit to do covers myself.
>>
>>10140619
Anon brings up solid points that aren’t discussed in the western comm much. What works in Japan does not necessarily translate to more western countries. In many cases it’s just going to look out of place or weird and cringey. You should be aware of the culture of your home country and work more within that as you try and expand into more idol-esque stuff.

I’ve yet to see an English idol group not come across as out of place and awkward to the majority of English-speaking audiences. So as a community we really need more people to push boundaries and not be just cookie-cutter wannabe idols.
>>
>>10140659
Agreed on every point. I like the music from male idol series a little better than the music from female idol series, so I'd really like to see people cover those as well. I think the reason people don't is because those series don't have very accessible official choreography, if they have any at all, and people don't often create their own original choreography.
>>
>>10140791
Wish there were more, but it's entirely understandable. There really is very little in terms of choreo learning resources outside of Niconico, which is already hard enough to navigate language-wise. Since it's my personal favorite idol franchise, I hope the EnStars anime in the summer brings more down the road.
>>
What are some unique themes for groups or soloists you’d like to see more?

Personally, I’d like to see more rock idols, or idols who do the more alternative grunge thing. I love cute idols but I like something a little different here and now!

I also want a soloist who’s just super amazing at singing, like someone who can belt and really hit good notes!
>>
>>10141336
I want to see a really stereotypical idol group, honestly. Tropey, a bit campy, and sugary sweet, but really fun and cute. It seems like the only groups who fully utilize tropes/archetypes are maid cafes, and it kills me, because using a trope can make it way easier to introduce yourselves to an audience.

On your second point, there’s a soloist who’s been mentioned a few times in the past who is a “rock-disco princess” now, so if she actually makes it to debut maybe we’ll get to see some more rock stuff. But who knows
>>
>>10140659

Wished more male cosplayers try to get into the male idol anime though. Some male cosplayer complain about how they are overshadowed but never want to push as far as they can
>>
>>10141518
Agreed. I don't know if it's just because the pool of guys who want to sing and dance is pretty small, or if it's got something to do with how our culture tries to suppress guys who express themselves, but it seems like every make idol in the western scene sucks. They look lazy and they don't dance expressively. A male dancer or idol that actually pushed himself and put on a good show would be crazy popular.
>>
>>10141590

I will like to believe kpop took all the best boys who could do this type of stuff.
>>
>>10141796
I think Kpops high standards is why more males don’t do it desu. A lot of females do both jpop and kpop- so they don’t always have to live up to that standard of perfection. But guys seem to be more just focused on the kpop
>>
>/cgl/ Idol Spreadsheet (Recently updated, under new management!) - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WtgRe5cjKIR0BYGhw9N8ahxChLqEFLbZIRbAazooh-o/edit?usp=sharing

(spreadsheet gull here)
not to shamelessly plug but i wanted make an update post about the SS! i've been working on it a little more and i've updated the original songs tab on the spreadsheet. big thanks to the gull that emailed me with a link to their original songs playlist, made it super easy!

as always feel free to email the address in the spreadsheet if you have any soloist/group/original song contributions, i check the email once a day and i do respond to everybody once the updates have been made :)
>>
I know this is off topic but I’ve akways wondered. How do you be sure you’re pronouncing something right if you’re singing in Japanese?)
>>
>>10140619
I’ve actualky seen original idols do LL cosplays in the side so yeah.
>>
>>10142457
Separate the phrases and play them back individually.

Can't do the words on their own bc the pronunciation sometimes changes depending on the rest of the sentence.
>>
>>10142457
compare it to other songs and how multiple native speakers pronounce it, or reference the original song if it's a cover. Sometimes in songs, they deliberately pronounce a word differently from the norm to fit with the song's flow. You learn to get used to it over time.
>>
>>10142457
I always check the IPA for individual syllables, but then listen carefully to hear which syllables are dropped/shortened. Like sometimes chikaku will sound more like ch’KAK, you know?
>>
>>10142457
learn the japanese R-sound
>>
Triad Regality has been doing a S4S where they share other idol groups lately, and it's really made me notice how many male idol cover groups don't want to make their own choreography. I understand that Love Live groups don't usually do their own choreo, but that's also because Love Live groups have official choreography to go off of. These Idolish7 groups don't, save for the very few that /may/ have purchased the concert DVD and are learning off of that.

(Mainly, though, I've been seeing these groups use the choreo from Japanese cover groups and not properly giving credit. Am I the only one bothered by this?)
>>
>>10143024
>(Mainly, though, I've been seeing these groups use the choreo from Japanese cover groups and not properly giving credit. Am I the only one bothered by this?)
Are they claiming credit for it by writing in titles/descriptions of videos that it was their own original choreo? If not, then it personally doesn't bother me desu. It's not common practice from what I've seen to credit the videos you've learned off of. As long as they're not taking personal credit for it I don't see it as that big of a deal.
>>
>>10142473
Japanese is so confusing sometimes
>>
>>10142955
Sometimes to Me the R in Japanese sounds like al L sound based on one song and then in another song it just sounds flicked
>>
>>10143024
I would place the blame more on the mirrored video reuploader whose mirrored video is what these groups learn from. Groups that credit especially for odottemita leave a better impression imo. Perhaps I'm just too used to all dancers even well known odorites on niconico respectfully including credits for not just choreography but the videographer, vocaloid producer/utaite, and even costume maker when that applies.
>>
Just found SYA's full live from showroom: https://youtu.be/hTfl5wfCUfU
>>
>>10143611
It’s still up on their Facebook too.
>>
>>10143024
ive seen so many fanmade love live dances that aren't given any credits :( sometime ive seem them claim they didn't know it wasn't official...
>>
File: llll.png (1.02 MB, 861x724)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>10134705
>>10135340
how about a dance cover group selling laminated pieces of paper with art that literally anyone could print for themselves if they really wanted to?
>>
>>10144002
I like Auracle, but this definitely rubbed me the wrong way.
>>
>>10144012
Like...why not just sell mystery chekis or prints instead of copyright infringement?
>>
>>10144002
Okay now this is actually illegal. Fuck everything else.
>>
>>10144002
uhhh yEEA this is pretty illegal lmao they are directly profiting off art that is not theirs. it'd be different if they were using fanart drawings they made of cards and but they've literally ripped art from the game and are selling it...oof.
i hope somebody says something to them.
>>
>>10144002
I've heard of people giving out scouting cards at cons before, but never for profit.
If they're lucky, they'll either never draw attention from the creators or just get a cease and desist.
>>
>>10140694
fr fr, this is the main thing holding me back from getting into western idols. I don't know, there seems to be this misconception that trying to be as authentically Japanese as possible is how you become successful, when it's just off-putting unless you're already waist-deep in it. I think a western idol group could break out if they performed an act that was accessible to western audiences while still wearing their influence on their sleeve.

Otherwise, it's pretty much going to be a thing you do because you like the hobby or the community. I know that should go without saying, but I've met people who find live performances really stressful and hate the people in the comm and it's just... why bother?
>>
>>10144284
What do you think would work in the west, specifically? I personally feel like treating it as a form of musical theatre would work well, at least in America. Run together a loose story, with MC bits as the “acting” bits, and I think a lot of people could enjoy it.
>>
>>10144302
Also, going off of typical theatre character tropes. The dumb blonde, the spunky heroine, the femme fatale, etc.
>>
>>10144284
Going off of this thought actually, I over heard something interesting at a local event where one of the groups performing there was talking about how they don’t allow those with tattoos to join and they ban members from dating.

Is this something that’s really necessary for western groups? I feel like it’s maybe only something Japanese fans care about.
>>
>>10144430

Really the big issue with dating is more about commitment than anything else. No one cares about who gets to plow you or who you are intimate with. Any veteran idol fan knows you got the looks is long taken and it is more common to date someone outside the industry vs inside.

They just don't like it when you bring it to light and give everyone headaches on speculating if you traded sexual favors for popularity.

>>10144302
>>10144304

Really this is where they have to start, by embracing popular character tropes and applying it to their stage persona. Love Live is a Glee Club after all.
>>
>>10144430
Visible tattoos on idols are tacky so that's understandable.
The dating ban is super pretentious imo it's unlikely the group has more than 3 male fans most people that follow western idol groups are odottemitas themselves
>>
>>10144430
The ban in japan is absurd but somewhat reasonable. Trying to do that here is just dumb because the stigma isn’t the same.
>>
>>10144723
I know peachy parade does that
>>
There are idols with tattoos in japan even with the stigma
>>
Tekko Idol Festival this weekend - anyone from here going to be there?
>>
>>10144430

Banning members from dating is like shooting yourself in the foot. Significant others are the best kind of gopher you can have. They're more likely to turn up with the member they're attached to (instead of asking a potentially flakey friend to come and help out, which is fair enough because they paid to be there and do their own thing) and they know how invested the members are from seeing the planning stages first hand. If you're lucky they'll know more than what series you're cosplaying from and actually be able to give you some solid input.

The groups I've been in would have been shafted if my partner wasn't with us on various occasions. When you're in cosplay and you need to perform/practice it's hard to find windows to do simple things like go and get something to eat or drink, and they have you covered if you have an emergency and need something you may not be able to break away from the group to get.

Once our music didn't come through properly to the event and we weren't told until last minute, so my boyfriend ran back to the hotel to resend it from my laptop and rang to make sure it'd gone through properly. He effectively saved our whole performance.
Unfortunately I was the only one who had an SO which meant it was almost always him doing food runs and helping us out, so we always made sure to get him a little treat as thanks and let him know that what he did was appreciated. We even gave him a cut of the prizes if we won anything.

The tattoos I'll give them though. It's off-putting when you have an Umi cosplayer with a detailed sleeve tattoo because it doesn't gel with her personality. If they agreed to cover it while in cosplay then that'd be fine because there are so many ways to get around them nowadays (long gloves, heavy duty concealers)
>>
>>10144723
I know on a livestream Squeeze said they got a dating ban so they can work harder. which is usually what kpop idol reasoning is rather than jpop. I think groups with dating bans are weird since most of these groups have only female fans who date ugly men, there's no conflict of interest.
>>
>>10145165
Even in kpop though it’s mostly for show or the ban is for x amount of years (I believe a male idol group member said this).
>>
people like paprika mari and ally vega need to stop monopolizing the california scene
>>
>>10145191
There is no "monopolizing" a hobbyist idol scene like this. If we're not hearing about any other California idols, it's not because they're being out competed, it's because they're not noteworthy.
>>
>>10145195
ok ally, be sure to tell that to everyone's face next time instead of being fake
>>
>>10145165
The two members of Squeeze are a couple though which is funny
>>
>>10145200
I mean I'm square in the middle of the country, but whatever soothes your obvious jealousy.
>>
>>10145185
The year ban is common for all groups. Most groups have around a three year ban because it’s about the time that it takes for a group to really debut and make a name for themselves in the scene and get a strong fan base. TWICE’s ban just came up end of last year, but I believe the girls mentioned that they still wouldn’t be dating because they care about their jobs and ONCEs too much.
>>
>>10145234
Are they? Where do you see that?
>>
>>10144877
Peachy doesn't ban members who date lmao

Isn't one of them married, even??
>>
>>10145424
Not as far as I know? Where did you hear about marriage?
>>
>>10145424
They dont ban members but as far as I'm aware they arent allow to post about them
>>
>>10145478
I think keeping stuff about your SO is a perfectly reasonable rule for an idol group. I like following idols because of their talents and their projects, and personal stuff just seems like it should be seen only by friends.
>>
Why do do many of you hate on groups? Do you realize how much hard work it takes to make a successful group? This fandom is full of jealous for no reason
>>
>>10145978
Most people here aren’t trying to hate. A lot of the comments here are actually pretty constructive
>>
>>10145978
Why do you cringefests come onto cgl to be butthurt about anon opinions is the better question
>>
>>10145978
Hate is unreasonably saying a group sucks or saying something that isn’t true because you simply dislike them. About 90% of these threads are more constructive than anything even if they’re harsh.
>>
>>10145978
Point out the group hate on this thread.
>>
>>10145981
NTAYRT I wouldn't say the crit is the most constructive. If yall really wanted to crit the groups you could send them a dm with your crit. After all, idol are supposedly all fake and were all "friends"
>>
>>10146055
I don’t think anybody wants the reputation of the person who goes around telling people how to improve though. Some people might not take it well and then turn it into a “so and so bullied me!!1!”
>>
>>10146055
You have a good point, so let me respond to that. Not every group is looking for cc for themselves, so it wouldn't always go over well to DM each group telling them everything they did wrong (even if you mean well). There's also an expectation when giving direct feedback to sugar coat it, which doesn't always result in helpful criticism. I would say these sorts of public critique discussions are beneficial to those of us who come here because we can see what isn't working for other groups in the public eye and what is. If the groups and individuals being discussed want the benefit of that direct feedback and can handle the sugarfree nature of it, they can choose to come here and read the threads. If they prefer not to get the feedback, they can stay away. For me personally, even though I've only been mentioned here like twice, I constantly take in the critique posted about other groups and use it to shape my own activities, and I'm sure many others here can say the same. That being said, I don't really like the few posters that are needlessly cruel or just come here to start drama.
>>
>>10145394
I have them both as friends on FB
>>
>>10145978
Sorry you got posted.
>>
>>10146148
Really?? Do they have each other listed as married or something? Or wedding photos?
>>
>>10146071
I get what your saying but theres a difference between criticism and complaining about something as stupid as mosuri wearing white turtle necks
>>
Girl no one in peachy parade is actually married lmao
>>
>>10142153
>big thanks to the gull that emailed me with a link to their original songs playlist, made it super easy!
You're very welcome, I'm glad I could help out! I actually just sent you another email with some more additions* for the spreadsheet once you get a chance to update it.

*One of those additions being Platinum Happy's new original song "Penlight"
JP: https://youtu.be/KwNhzEnnvPM
EN: https://youtu.be/NA9llVd8Ll4

>>10146366
Well even then, the few people who complained about Mosuri's turtlenecks complimented their skirts and gave criticism on how the outfit as a whole could look better
>The skirts Mosuri have on are actually pretty cute (I like how fluffy they are and how they move when they're dancing) but why on earth did they pair them with those awful white turtleneck things?
>I wish they had some sort of other accessory besides just the sash to spruce it up a bit.
>A cuter top would've complimented the skirt more, or at least something with a bit more detail to contrast the bottom heaviness. The skirts are very very cute though and I love them.
>>
>>10146366
In addition to what >>10146387 said about getting specific feedback on what could have made the outfits better, I'll just point it that my dance group got pretty similar feedback when a picture of us was shared and we used that to improve on the designs for our next outfit. I don't see that sort of thing as needless complaining; if it's being said here than it means it's going to be in your audience's mind, but at least having it said here gives you a chance to improve if you so desire to. No one was being awful about the turtlenecks.
>>
>>10146370
Yeah but they have boyfriends at the very least lol
>>
>>10146419
Exactly! When people have pointed out my mistakes I’ve always taken a step back and tried to apply the criticism here. And honestly I’d rather hear it anonymously than to think an idol I look up to thinks I’m weak
>>
>>10146366
You dont grow as a creative from asspats and participation trophies, and not everyone has to like what you're putting out; people are allowed to complain about inane bullshit. The comments weren't even that bad desu, and it's not like anyone's holding a gun to their collective heads and telling them to change it.
>>
>>10146513
I totally agree with this. I recently saw on Calina’s Facebook that she shared a post that said “don’t take criticism from someone you wouldn’t take advice from” and although that statement does hold some truth, I don’t really think it’s the best attitude to have.

You have to be able to look critically at yourself in the most unbiased light as you possibly can if you want to improve. It’s obviously hard to do but if you truly want to improve you can look take criticisms from even the stupidest comments and find a way to see some truth in it and then use it to make whatever you do better. I think it shows a lot more maturity to be able to sit back and critically think about any type of feedback rather than chalking it up to “fuck all the haters”
>>
>>10146532
It's easier for people to write off any and all valid criticism as "the haterz" these days. It's counterproductive. I don't get why people cling to that mindset so hard.

Speaking of groups in Florida, Project Shooting Stars has been posting some videos recently.

https://youtu.be/pkOQx2K1di4
https://youtu.be/eHh62mkwjzM
>>
>>10146586
These videos look like a performance from last year... November. Wonder why that took so long to upload.

Once you get past the mistake in the first chorus, that heartbeat performance is one of the better ones I've seen.

Interesting idea for the Aishteru Banzai performance, shame there were so many technical difficulties and you can barely hear the flute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAftS3p4P5A
>>
>>10146586
NAYRT but T b h a lot of the "criticisms" and gossip I've seen on these past few threads have either been unnecessary, like poppys moustache, the white mosuri turtlenecks, calina sitting etc.
Also a few of the comments and speculations about a couple groups have just been flat out false too.
I feel like you guys don't know the difference between critique and criticism.
Complain and nitpick all you want, but don't claim you're doing anybody a favor by doing so.
>>
>>10146660
It's not black and white. I think some of this gets unnecessarily petty too, but that doesn't mean that all the critique here is bad. This board isn't one homogeneous entity, it's made of lots of different people so addressing the whole board as "you guys" like we're all here acting the same way is pointless. Don't try and erase valuable discussion because of the stupid, petty discussion.
>>
>>10146660
We can't control petty bullshit, but there being actual critique hidden within said shit. This is 4chan after all, there isn't much of a quality filter.

That being said, I assume, by default, that the legitimate criticisms people are talking about aren't the posts about moustaches and turtlenecks. The actual criticisms people make aren't the same as salty shitposts.
>>
>>10146366
sorry you got posted mosuri
>>
I swear, anons who act like these threads are nothing but hate and gossip must have selective reading comprehension or are willfully ignoring any and all genuine compliments, critiques and advice just to dramatize even the mildest nitpick

>>10146660
>Complain and nitpick all you want, but don't claim you're doing anybody a favor by doing so.
>>...my dance group got pretty similar feedback when a picture of us was shared and we used that to improve on the designs for our next outfit. I don't see that sort of thing as needless complaining...
>>When people have pointed out my mistakes I’ve always taken a step back and tried to apply the criticism here. And honestly I’d rather hear it anonymously...

>the white mosuri turtlenecks
If you're so sensitive that you interpret "I think the skirt is cute but the top could use some improvements" as unnecessary hate, you probably shouldn't be on this website
>>
“Hate” would be something like “wow X’s new video really sucks! They should quit!” Which doesn’t really happen here.
“X seemed a bit off in this video, they should really put more time into learning the dance” isn’t hate - it’s constructive.

Can’t really put it any simpler. Can we move on now?
>>
Ok through falling down a youtube hole, I found this and thought I'd share my Odottemita nostalgia with you all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dga-w80GGoU

I know they weren't the best, but Otaku Owls makes me really nostalgic for this era of idol/odottemita groups and covers. (Not to mention this song lmao)

Any other groups of soloists you love from back in the day?
>>
>>10146730
>Any other groups of soloists you love from back in the day?
i know they're not disbanded or anything but i use to really enjoy dansu to pantsu back in the day but it seems like they dont do much anymore aside from a once a year gathering at otakon. All the current members seem to all be doing solo projects now that their youtube is basically dead and a few of them are even soloists in the tekko idol festival.
>>
>>10145978
To be completely honest, a lot of content in this communitu genuinely sucks. That being said, if anyone was a real hater, they would just tell people to kill themselves. People deep down hope that people will improve.
>>
File: Aina-thumb-500x500.jpg (35 KB, 500x500)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
Kussun is guesting at Anime Matsuri. Thoughts?
>>
>>10146941
this isn't the right thread for this topic, but i'm pissed AM continues to get good guests like this. It's like the ultimate test of morals.
>>
>>10146647
>>10146586
I love their Nico, she’s got a fantastic sense of body awareness! All her movements are so big and theatrical, and it fits the song perfectly!
>>
>>10147011
Agreed! Nico really stood out, and it was so lovely. I didn't think much of this group before, but that Nico's really starting to change my mind.
>>
Is it just me or is One Wish the literal weirdest combination of people to be in a group ever?
>>
>>10147018
Saying this as nicely as I can, but they make a good unit because they're uh, pretty matched in skill levels. They all have a long way to go in terms of singing, and being socially aware of their image. Their dance skills are okay from what I can tell, but they all just seem kinda weird as performers so they match perfectly lol. I don't dislike them, I just want to see them improve.
>>
>>10147030
Their second performance as a trio is tomorrow right? I guess we’ll see if they’ve improved if they upload anything from that
>>
>>10147011
>>10147016
Isn't that pengy from mosuri :/
>>
>>10147036
It is. In both groups, she's the only one that really stands out at all.
>>
>>10147044
I'd have to disagree. I don't think she was anywhere near as confident with mosuri as with pss
>>
>>10147131
Yeah, dancing with Mosuri as a group, she doesn't seem confident at all. She seemed confident solo and in PSS, but definitely not with Mosuri.
>>
>>10145978
There’s a whole other lolcow thread for actually hating on groups but this isnt it
>>
>>10147205
Wasn't it a flop
>>
>>10147207
Yeah it's dead. It's not petty enough for lolcow and everyone who participated was really pushing to invent drama. Turns out most of us just wanna share idol discussion and not shit all over each other?
>>
Here's some tea: Norae of nebula kiss needs to let the group just die off like it has been for the past two years and just start over fresh instead of running off with 900 likes she didn't have any hand in earning.

Girl it's DEAD, that group REEKS of drama and you're unwelcomed, you need to drop it.
>>
>>10147286
same for qtxing. it's been somehow going on for a year with no songs despite continuous promises and "we're working hard on it"s. the only one who even cares is the leader. No wonder they lost one of their members (and then replaced it with one that's TOTALLY DIFFERENT GUYS, even though they look the same). Not that I expected a decent group that literally came from Mimi's dreams, lol.
>>
>>10147444
I haven't followed them as I didn't expect anything to come of it, but looking at their page now they lost the yellow member that was the token brown girl in the art, and the girl they got to replace her isn't brown skinned. So in that situation they would have gotten shit for white washing if they said "we're just replacing the yellow girl's actor." If they claim it's a new character it's not a problem. As to why they didn't just make a new character as opposed to opting to replace yellow girl I have no idea. Maybe they liked the blue, pink, yellow aesthetic, maybe new girl wanted to be yellow?
>>
Which lovelive cover group do you think dances the best ? Which video do you think showcases their dancing the best and why?
>>
>>10147626
I can’t pick between Sunrise and Aquaria honestly.
>>
How was tekko idol festival?
>>
Calina posted a cover of Taiyo Iwaku Moeyo Chaos

https://youtu.be/bU0E4g9NBQ4
>>
>>10147846
I found a video on FB
3 minutes in and a weak ass wota later, I turned it off.
>>
>>10148053
I'm glad her pronunciation has gotten better but her ego is still too large for an audience that sounds like 3 people
>>
>>10148053
kokoRO nuRUnuRU ikKYOWHOA NO KAmiGAHmi
>>
>>10148094
my biggest issue with her pronunciation is that she sounds like she’s not even bothering to try and match the original song. she’s like, picking a song, learning the lyrics, and then singing them however she wants with no reference to the source material. If she had bothered to sing over the track a few times she would have heard how off she sounds. She’s still singing the lyrics with American pronunciation without even trying to make them have any kind of Japanese inflection. It’s really sad because she’s decently talented with singing and stage performance.
>>
stg this is the shit that whiny anon was talking about being unconstructive.

>>10148074
How does her ego come in to play when she's giving a performance she's improved upon???

>>10148148
And secondly several times earlier in these threads anons concluded it was a good thing if performers adapted the song to fit the performers voice better rather than straining and garbling it while trying to match the original.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, please choose a stance and stick with it.
>>
>>10148275
Did you even read what they said? Anon was talking about her pronunciation, which if you're gonna sing a song in a foreign language, the least you could do is try and match the singer's before you go off and do your own thing. It's kind of off-putting to have everything sound very American English when it's not. No one's saying they have to do the squeaky high pitched voice, but at least try to match the inflections and stressed sounds.
>>
>>10148275
the ego comment was stupid but the pronunciation critique wasn't. she admits herself she's bad and has been asking for concrit on it
>>
>>10148311
Exactly. Japanese vowels aren’t even that hard, you just clip them so they don’t sound like “ouh” “ay” “aw” “eei” “oou”. The unnecessary slight “w” and “y” sounds that get thrown in by English speakers kill me (especially when I do them accidentally). And inflection should be easy to match as well, if you follow the stressed syllables of the original.
>>
>>10148311
>>10148316
I guess I misread the second comment. I thought they were referring to the her inflection and what syllables she was putting more emphasis on and less about her American accent.
>>
>>10148328
No what I meant is what >>10148317 said. She’s pronouncing the sounds the way we as English speakers do, rather than shaping the sounds the way a Japanese speaker would. “Aye ee ai oh ouh” are American, but “ah eei ouh ey oou” are the Japanese vowel sounds. She’s reading the words with an American’s vowel and consonant pattern. I understand that not everyone knows how to speak JP fluently, but if you’re intending to perform Japanese songs, you need to make the effort. Otherwise, you have this happen and when it happens consistently you look ignorant and uncaring. Carina HAS been asking for feedback in the OIC server, but at the same time, I don’t think she’s making the personal effort to understand the language any better. The more she continues to play willful ignorance, the angrier people are going to get because then it’s just disrespectful and you shouldn’t be singing in Japanese at all.
>>
So is Dansu to Pantsu dead
>>
so while we are on this topic

other than listening to a slowed down version of the song, does anyone have other advice on how to improve your japanese pronunciation?
>>
>>10148527
Take japanese courses with professors irl
>>
>>10148527
I normally listen to the songs and read the romaji and just repeat a thousand times.
>>
>>10148527
Learn the IPA, or International Phonetic Alphabet, and copy the sounds from there! Easiest way there is to improve.
>>
>>10148527
watch a fucking free ass youtube video on how to do it. it's crazy how BAD a lot people are at this when it's such a simple fix if you actually TRY.
>>
>>10148074
fuck off with that. there was definitely more people than 3 and even if someone is performing for 3 people, they better still give it all they got.
>>
>>10148148
Calina is white and a lot of white people don't realize that when they are dealing with a culture that isn't their own, THEY have to be the ones to adapt. Not the other way around where you change the culture to fit your abilities.
>>
>>10148615
I feel that this is more of an american thing than a white thing
>>
Which net idols would you guys say have good pronunciation? That didn't grow up speaking Japanese.
>>
Honey Hime - Exciting Fight / Psychic Fire
https://youtu.be/2kTBKseKIaw

Ice Qream (2nd Gen) - Goose House
https://youtu.be/3cEEvs-Sg9s

Momora - Debut Highlight Reel
https://youtu.be/RY8Dw88yTYU

Pheobe - Fancy Baby Doll
https://youtu.be/j6ZftyaJJh0

>>10148543
I do the same!

>>10148527
But here's also some guides on Japanese pronunciation and common mistakes to avoid in about 20 minutes total.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Irzvrcpf4Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU34Rw-hF64

>>10144284
>I think a western idol group could break out if they performed an act that was accessible to western audiences while still wearing their influence on their sleeve.
I think 4TE might be a close example of what you're talking about?
https://youtu.be/5ae-1O7VFGg
>>
>>10148679
The Ice Qream video was awkward at times, but the vocals were really quite good! There were some volume issues in places, but the group blend, pronunciation, and pitch of the individual singers was pretty nice to listen to.
>>
AidoruJaNai - Hello New Generation (CY8ER)
https://youtu.be/GmSz09riX00

Cherry - Mini Live (AKB48,NMB48,SDN48)
https://youtu.be/rkBoFQNv9HM
>>
>>10149023
AidoruJaNai are always really fun to watch perform. Its never cringey and I never half to stop watching halfway through.

As for Cherry, love the outfit from the thighs up, really like that she put subs over her video, and I think she did fairly well, it was probably really hard for her to hear her pitch in that atrium though.
>>
>>10148679
I've seen Momora's dance vids online, and she seems to be a quantity over quality type. Also does mostly kpop? Honestly really forgettable except those eyebrows. She seems like she might start trouble in groups since since's going solo right after jumping ship from one group and joining another.
>>
>>10149059
I don't just surf the internet, eyebrows it
>>
>>10148678
Galaxy Girl Paida’s does although she’s been to Japan so
>>
>>10148608
Ahh but not all videos on YouTube are reliable. It’s like Wikipedia, anyone can post and you don’t know how accurate it is.
>>
>>10149272
That’s a major excuse. Scientists don’t go “this one thing may not be accurate there’s no way to verify this.” They keep taking samples and most sources that aren’t accurate are most times clearly jokes. Want accurate sources? JapanesePod101, search numbers in Japanese, use Punipuni Japan. It’s not that hard.
>>
>>10149354
It’s just easier to look at romaji
>>
>>10149423
How do you learn pronunciation by reading? If you could learn purely by reading, we wouldn’t have this issue.
>>
File: julily.png (2.19 MB, 1933x1067)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB PNG
Julily's new costume that she wore for Tekko Idol Festival, created by Sneko.
As pretty as it is, I think some shimmer and glitter would make it even better (which could be said for quite a lot of performer's original costumes, in my opinion).

>>10148679
Amaitsuki 9th Gen Auditionees - Ups and Downs (ANGERME)
https://youtu.be/afkbMqvN51Y

Ice Qream - Idol Revolution Moe Moe Chu
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS63TMOGT-rrCKqnzN2E9sisJ7t-npgH0

Momiji Velvet feat. LuSca - Nerve (Dangdut Ver.)
https://youtu.be/lJAWu9ug0-E

Tokimeki JUMP - Soundscape 2019 / Bedok Mall Anime Matsuri 2019
https://youtu.be/rLmMdR2WydM
https://youtu.be/_np2w2kbjgc
>>
>>10149854
Wow that’s really pretty! Aside from the sparkle you mentioned, I think a small petticoat would also be good. The design doesn’t seem like it’s meant to fall flat, so it’d give it dimension.
>>
>>10149046
This video just shows the highlights / her best parts. She messed up a lot during this performance and sometimes would even stop completely because she forgot what she was supposed to be doing.
>>
>>10148679
Phoebe's voice is really cute, although I feel like I'll get a seizure because of the lighting technician

>>10149023
Absolutely in love with aidorujanai's costumes!

>>10149854
Julily's costume is really cute!
I don't it needs sparkle but it is in desperate need of a petticoat, "if they want it to look like the design"
Although I'm not a fan of the timberland style boots
>>
>>10150034
Oh my god, i just noticed the timbs. Lmao
>>
>>10144304
>>10144452
Would you be interested in designs based on this? I think I could do something like this but I'm not sure if it'd appeal as much.
>>
>>10149854
I really liked the design when I first saw it!! A little sad that the silhouette fell a bit flat, but overall it was executed well.
I wanna see what it looks like with the shoes and all
>>
General question- Would anyone here be interested in commissioning someone to design stage outfits for them? Same concept as >>10149854

I love designing outfits but I was never really sure if there was a market for it.
>>
>>10150110
I actually do plan to commission someone when i have a bit more money so yes definitely!! You might as well go for it, even if you only get like one commission it’s better than nothing right?
>>
>>10150110
Absolutely, it'd be nice to see someone advertise that specifically. I usually have to ferret out artists that already draw cute outfits in their normal work and whatnot and specifically ask for them.
>>
>>10150110
I think that there’s definitely a market for both design and seamstress. I myself and looking for both.
>>
who's the hottest net idol?
>>
hi, it’s my first time posting here however I’ve read through some threads in the past.
I was wondering, does anyone have tips on how to rebrand yourself as an idol? I’ve been in the idol scene for a few years now (currently in 2 Aqours cover groups & had an overseas idol group for awhile before my group mate and I had a falling out) and so I’ve gone by many aliases in the past.
I want to rebrand to have a different stage name, and a somewhat different image (less cutesy) but I’m afraid people will find me changing it up yet again to be strange and unappealing? any advice from overseas idols/fans would be appreciated!
>>
>>10150308
the virtual youtuber ones.
>>
>>10150308
not me lol
>>
>>10150319
Honestly. There needs to be a good virtual idol group but talent and drive here is so low.

>>10150314
As someone who’s also been around and doesn’t have a great image, the best thing you can do is make sure it’s sure you want and stick with it. No doubt changing up so often is weird but people aren’t meant to be the same for their whole lives. As long as you don’t chance again and you do your best in this new image, people won’t really care.
>>
>>10149573
Well everyone is different so..
>>
>>10150308
This is kinda gross of me but Terumi from Danzoo is so hot, I'm gay and literally only started liking them because of her.
>>
>>10150427
That doesn’t make sense though is the point. You don’t learn pronunciation by reading, you learn it by hearing and being told. Written pronunciations are just as weird as vocal ones when it comes to English but in Japanese it’s different. For example, GENKI writes sensei as sensee. You need audio
>>
>>10150308
Does Akiba Koala count? She's cute.

If not, Pengy from Mosuri.
>>
>>10150308
milky kitty is a little more cuter now since she got that hair straightening treatment. Her nappy hair before was ugly af
>>
Ooh finally something I have some insight on someone here LOL. My computer is being stupid and won’t let me reply, but replying to the Momora comment- I know her and damn trust me her eyebrows need help, but they definitely aren’t as bad as they were lol. I don’t think she’s jumped groups??? I could be wrong, she’s been in one consistent group like 5 years now which is a lot for a group now. As for what else she’s been i have no idea, I didn’t even think she was in any other group besides Full Spectrum or whatever it’s called for a hot minute.
>>
>>10150308
Everyone in Peachy Parade is pretty cute imo. I like Megan a lot in particular.
>>
>>10150328
Hush, you're adorable

>>10150308
I don't care so much about the hotness of net idols but I really love how many of them have a cute appeal. Both halves of ChiRi Girls are super cute, and Alex Pinku has a really "grown-up-cute" sort of vibe. Poppy always has such a genuine, cheerful smile, even if her appeal isn't that of a traditional cutesy idol. Oh and GG Paida because her hair is pretty and her cheeks have an adorable roundness when she smiles. Damn I just really like cute girls
>>
>>10150110
I do it, and people are willing to pay!
>>
>>10150090
Hey, my archetype is rich girl, and it’s working, so I’d say that it can be pretty successful!
>>
>>10150308
I’m a fan of Ren and Haru from Peachy Parade, they’re less hot and more cute, but that’s the type of idol I tend to like. I’m also a pretty big follower of Julily and I like Hayley from Danzoo Dash a lot.
>>
Can someone remind me why we don't have like, an anonymous poll for most attractive idol or most talented yet? I know fitting in so many different people would be hard but I could set one up if anyone wants to... I feel like most people would just vote for themselves or spam vote themselves to win though since everyone here is like that lol. An anonymous award vote would be cool.
>>
>>10150308
Kyuuri from Amaitsuki!
>>
>>10150578
How do you advertise/network/find clients? I figure Insta is the best place to go, I also have a Tumblr but I don't use it anymore.
>>
>>10150308
Julily looks pretty smoking in her new outfit. We love some midriff round these parts.
Also love seeing Jazi's and Kazu's gravure on my feed o
>>
>>10150627
That would be fun, I feel like self voting will probably happen regardless since there are a good portion of overseas idols who visit and post here, but I still think it would be a fun idea.
>>
>>10150308
desu I think Stella (former Stellure) if she counts
>>
>>10150725
Yeah even with self votes I feel like it could still be accurate if it was multiple choice?
Could have some for different categories too, singing, dancing, visuals, would be pretty neat
>>
>>10149573
You literally can't. As someone who teaches language, literally the only way for kids to pick up the target language is to actually speak it to them. You need to HEAR how things are pronounced. Reading along while listening helps link the writing to the pronounciation, so in that case "reading romaji is easier" but it only helps if you join the two together. And then, if you actually want to improve your pronounciation, you need to have someone correcting you on consistent mistakes. If you don't have that person for you, record yourself and correct yourself while listening to the original. Some people just pick that up quicker than others, but if you actually want to improve you gotta put in the actual work and not hide behind the "this is easier" "Everyone is different so.." lame excuses.
>>
>>10150627
I think it would be fun but has the potential to turn into a shitshow, not necessary because the people in the poll would be upset about results (though that's certainly a possibility), but because people on this board might be upset about how others are voting. One of my biggest pet peeves here is how opinions aren't treated as subjective, and saying you like a song or cover that might not be objectively good can get you shit on. I could easily see it starting a bunch of "why would anyone vote for X she's so ugly what's wrong with you all" drama, lol.
>>
>>10150830
But if anyone does that we can laugh at the silly anon for not understanding opinions!
>>
>>10150573
>Damn I just really like cute girls
big ass mood
>>
>>10150627
I really like the idea of running polls. Popularity is genuinely an important facet of the jpop idol culture
>>
>>10150314
I don't think it would be weird at all. It's tied in with the inevitability of maturing - plenty of girls start off with a really "kawaii idol" thing because that's what they know, and then as they grow up and find themselves as a performer, they change. There's nothing wrong with changing your image to be a little more mature and authentic to yourself. I agree with the other anon that said to basically stick with this one, and I'll add to just make sure this new image plays off your natural self so it feels real and effortless for you.
>>
>>10150713
What I did (on Insta) was do free limited commissions for a bit, tagging with a bunch of “net idol costume” “net idol” “idol costume” “fashion sketch” type tags, and then I closed the free commissions to open actual paid ones. After five or six of the free ones, I was pretty much set! You get a few LL roleplayers looking for outfits for their OCs, but honestly, I like giving them original outfits so they don’t just recolor the Cyber/Time Travel sets again.
>>
>>10146660
This is nothing. These threads got taken down cuz they were talking shit about people. So you haven’t seen nothing yet.
>>
>>10151053
Honestly the threads that got nuked only did so because someone who got discussed here cried about it on their insta and all their followers came here to shit up the thread. So we don't discuss that person and we don't focus too much on any specific person. Keeping the threads critique and discussion based, rather than shitting on specific people, keeps them running.
>>
>>10146679
>This is 4chan after all, there isn't much of a quality filter.
Going back to this point, I agree completely. Dont get me wrong I love using 4chan for feedback and ways to improve but some of you "giving critiques" sound so bitchy I don't WANT to listen to what you have to say even if it's valid. Argue that it's up to me to put on my big girl panties and get the fuck over it.... sure I get it. I'm just saying if you want to make it in the real world you have to find a balance between being right and being an asshole. Especially if we want the next gen of net idols to get better and give us all a good name, get us more stage opportunities, get more people to come to idol fests, etc. etc.
>>
Here’s my opinion; If y’all really wanted to give these idols constructive criticism, you would just do it. Hiding under an anon name and posting shit here is not CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. Y’all are literally the idols themselves and just hiding the fact that you are all friends and if you said this to another idols face, it would cause drama. Y’all are just hiding with your shitty attitudes and fucked up morals so you can feel good about yourself when you post a mean comment about someone here. There is stuff you all post that only personal friends of idols would know, some of you all get very personal. I think you should all stop pretending you support other idols in the light, but when you’re left alone with your phone you find anything to complain to about and do it HERE. You aren’t helping idols by bitching here, you’re just crushing someone’s feelings. Don’t get me wrong, I’m no white knight, I’ve posted here too, but at least I’m not an ‘idol’ and pretending I support everyone and love everyone. Seriously..like you all are complaining about people’s facial hair, eyebrows, the kind of shirts they wear, exc. This is just an outlet for y’all to be hateful but you don’t want to admit it. You’re not all here to be nice and just ‘share your love for idols’ y’all here to be crude ass bitches and hate on people. If you really liked the idols some of you claim to, you wouldn’t even be here adding to the pile of shit that this website is. Just saying lmao.
>>
>>10151112
It's sad how the more I read these posts, the more easy it is to pinpoint who is making these posts and how hypocritical they are. No matter what you post on this site, even me making this post, contribute to the shit. It doesn't matter what you say. Good or bad you are still going to find the mold that turns the whole bunch rotten.

The overseas idol community is full of shitty people and it always will be. It will not change. Everyone will find a reason to hate someone because you all feel threatened but you won't admit it. Hating on others won't make you more cute/pretty/talented/admired/popular. But your reputation for hanging around these sites when you're a big figure in the community will make you appear more intimidating thus turning the community into what it is today.

The community is toxic because you will not give someone criticism to their face because you're more concerned about your image than the image of the community. You're scared of having a different opinion from others.
>>
>>10151112
>>10151127
Ok.
>>
>>10150725
>>10150795
>>10150830
>>10150878

Alright, I'll get to work on it. I find the best way to do this as anonymously as possible with the least amount of silliness. Overseas Idol Popularity Vote (I'm gonna call it OIPop lmao) is underway. I'll start with nominations first and post a link when it's ready.
>>
>>10151136
The only reason y'all are remaining anonymous is because your just trying to stay on your idol friends good sides for clout while you back stab them behind the scenes desu
>>
>>10151153
Ok.
>>
>>10151112
>>10151127
>>10151153
No offense anon, but you sound like you are an idol trying to save face. If not, you’re a terrible fan. Like it or not, the great about this is that you can be unfiltered. Of course people care about their image. We’ve seen what happens when people are told what’s wrong when it’s said to their faces & anonymously. I’ve seen friendships and groups end because someone couldn’t handle criticism to their face. I’d rather say what I need anonymously than be “outed” as a “rude bitch” when all I did was give basic kind advice. I myself am an idol but not one that’s friends with anyone because I have my own circle. I have no guilt for shit I’ve said no matter how far apart it’s been.
>>
>>10150110
On a similar note, would anyone be interested in video editing commissions? Subtitles, animated typography lyric videos, green screen keying, hearts or sparkles falling like confetti, etc.

>>10150573
>GG Paida because her hair is pretty and her cheeks have an adorable roundness when she smiles.
Paida has such a precious smile, and an adorable voice as well!

>Damn I just really like cute girls
Same

Also, I have crushes on Kanako (Honey Hime), Tabitha (Platinum Happy) and Jun (former member of Ice Qream, sadly).
>>
Honestly I don't say anything here that I wouldn't want people knowing I said publicly. Part of that is a paranoia that one day 4chan's gonna explode and our locations or IPs will be released and everyone's gonna be outed that way, but really I just like seeing these threads be a helpful place for idol discussion and I want to contribute to that. Of course everyone here is different. Some of us are really just here to shit talk, some are here to offer serious discussion, and others just like seeing cute girls dance and sing. The board is made of a lot of different people, so trying to address everyone as one collective doesn't make much sense.
>>
>>10151112
Tl;dr. We already moved on from the subject, Anon. Stop rehashing it.
>>
>>10151138
Make sure there's a weakest or least remarkable idol too. I know a few who deserve to be put on there
>>
KH actually does stuff?
>>
>>10151395
God the way she types is so cringy.
>OwO what's this?
>>
>>10151395
Do any of you guys actually like her stuff unironically? Her first song was shit and her insta looks lazy.
>>
Does it bother anyone else when people doing dance covers insist on lip synching the words despite getting the majority of them wrong and just looking like their lips are flailing? I feel like, for some people, if they didn't lip synch the words, they would be able to provide a more convincing performance facially, and their cover would be easier to watch and get invested into.
>>
>>10151425
I unironically like her first song. Her voice is mellow and nice to listen to.
>>
>>10151526
imo it sounded really cringey. It had the potential to be a cute song but she just had to put that dumb ass line "I hear things and thats ok!!!!!" Yeah...... ok we get it you have psychosis or something lol menhera is a joke but its good cringe
>>
>>10151543
I agree. I understand wanting to bring awareness to mental illness, but that’s something more fit for a darker concept. Not something light and cute.
>>
>>10151201
I really want to learn to do it myself, but I'm sure there are other who would be interested. You could also consider charging to teach people how to do the same things.
>>
>>10151201
PLEASE. I am the worst editor ever, and would definitely take you up on your services
>>
>>10151574
I think she was trying to go for happy song with darker theme and missed the mark by 300 miles
>>
>>10151201
I'm interested! I can squeeze out the basics of editing when needed but being able to pay someone to do it better would help me out a lot.
>>
>>10151201
Yes, please anon, I would push out so much more content if not for the fact that I have no clue about editing.
>>
>>10151695
>>10151734
>>10151736
Okay then! Dropped my email if any of you want to discuss any potential projects with me!

>>10151583
>You could also consider charging to teach people how to do the same things.
I have considered making tutorial videos before. Maybe I will soon!
>>
>>10151395
I don't think she actually dances so far I've only seen her post singing videos.

I like her voice but her first song missed the mark, I felt like the music didn't fit the lyrics and speed she sang at.

Agree on the insta thing too, it's like she's using one of those flip phones from the early 2000's for her pics and to make them worst she over edits them. She needs to learn lighting techniques and the best angles to take selfies from and it would be a thousand times better. (and stop that pouty face attempt)
>>
>>10150578
Where do you look for designers to commission from though? I want to do some designs and I'm also a seamstress so I can crank out the physical item as well but don't know where exactly to advertise.

(and a lot of net idols would rather make their own than buy one from someone)
>>
>>10152197
You should apply to be part of their database.
>>
>>10152197
I don’t think that’s necessarily true. I think net idols would be willing to buy based on the quality and the price. Anyone would rather make their own than pay say $100 for poor to mediocre quality. I’d personally be willing to pay for a whole group worth of costumes.
>>
>>10151201
how much would it cost?
>>
>>10152673
We could discuss a price range and maybe even payment plans, but it would vary depending on the complexity of what you want me to do!

For example, for editing together a 3 minute music video with some simple additions like color balancing and subtitles... maybe around $20 (USD) or more if you want special effects like green screen keying and particles?

If you would want for me to animate a whole typography video in which the lyrics appear and bounce in sync to the music*... maybe at least $50 or more depending on the length and how stylized and animated it is?

*This isn't the greatest example since it's from a few years ago and unfinished, but something like this!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18ZU26lnxG6QvTttxENDDxCIj4hUC497F/view?usp=sharing

Do these prices seem fair? Trying to find a balance between not overcharging anyone while not underselling myself lol
>>
>>10152431
Already am, I joined right when they announced the database and no bites as of yet
>>10152486

I think you might be the minority. I do quality work (been doing cosplay and apparel commissions for years now) usually I get idols complaining That the price is too expensive (Even though I offer payment plans, discounts for group orders and discounts for return customers) even for artwork they'd rather not pay more than $30 USD and I'm not going Below that for a piece with like 9 people in it.

Maybe I just need to find people whip are actually serious about the net idol thing and realise that good and cheap usually don't go together when it comes to custom items.
>>
>>10152953
That makes a lot of sense too. The world is depressingly cheap. I do know I’m in the market for both individual and group costumes so once more things are in order, I’ll definitely reach out!
>>
Auracle's newest video is up, this is their first one with three members!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aKL5eyFeCw

Any thoughts? I really appreciate how they put care into their filming location. Their sync is really good here too, and they all look pretty happy while dancing.

They also issued an apology on their story for the LL scouting sale, and removed the items from their store and the posts. I don't think it was malicious, I think they're just young and didn't consider the copyright aspect of it, just the fundraising aspect.
>>
>>10153153
Is it just me or is this level of work something that's rare?

The intro and logo isn't cringy, they actually thought about location (and the video wasn't too over exposed like most do to get that "uwu kawaii idol" look ) and cared enough to practice so their dancing was in sync
>>
>>10153213
This is pretty standard. I've seen a few other videos with decent filming locations and not terrible lighting. Some with even multiple camera angles. This definitely isn't cringe though, but I wouldn't see it as rare in quality.
>>
>>10153153
why don't they at least pretend to sing? just a dance looks kinda low-tier.
>>
>>10153153
The purple one is just embarrassing.
>>
>>10153225
I don't think leaving out lip syncing is that big of a deal for a dance cover, as long as your expressions are good. "Just a dance?" is kind of a weird criticism for a thread that includes odottemita. Although I'd like to see them do vocal covers in the future since they call themselves idols, I'm not upset that they didn't lip sync.
>>
>>10153227
She looks lifeless. She needs to engage her facials. The others do a decent job, but she looks out of place like a zombie.
>>
>>10153231
I agree. I also agree that they should put up some singing content if they want to be idols. Right now they are just an odottemita group really.
>>
>>10153258
I know in their audition thing it says they're looking for people who can both sing and dance, so I think singing is in their future plans! I'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>10149854
AidoruJaNai - Easter Bunny (LADYBABY)
https://youtu.be/akz3SpNKDAw

Honey Hime - We Wanna Have It All
https://youtu.be/DvZeMxR39T0

Jenny Hayes - Lily Lily Burning Night (Vocaloid)
https://youtu.be/nUoGjLKm9Mg

J*E*T - Party Maker / Jesus (Bullet Train)
https://youtu.be/GFUlc-OdwQs

Mahou Bunni - dreamin' passport (maidreamin)
https://youtu.be/qSqB5yIc0Mc
>>
>>10153225
Who is the cringy fool who keeps insisting this

Not every dance video needs you to mouth the lyrics all ridiculously to magically become a little better??
>>
>>10153575
I don't see the big deal either as long as they're having fun then I don't see the issue.
>>
There's one local TX idol who ive noticed travels to Japan and conventions across states and she's only in her early 20s. How the hell do these weebs afford all these trips? Parents money? Sleeping with men? I'm just have no idea how someone so young could afford all these frivolous trips so often.
>>
>>10153748
I hope you’re not talking about Paida or Konaru any other big name. Maybe because they’ve had jobs and saved. Maybe if they are using their parents money they have so kind of deal. Maybe they’re invited so it’s mostly if not fully paid for. Maybe it’s somehow school related. Regardless it’s really none of our business but I feel like suggesting even the thought that they’re sleeping with men to get trips is fucked up even for 4chan. I’d rather see someone take trips and go to cons to perform (or even just show their face) than complain they aren’t getting anywhere. That’s the only way they’ll get know if that’s what they really want.
>>
>>10153748
It could be literally anything. They could just be from a well off family, it could be paid for somewhat like anon above said, they could have just a really decent job. Why does someone else’s finances matter?
>>
>>10153748
Amazing what a job can accomplish
>>
>>10153754
Really anon,you think that's a fucked up suggestion on 4chan? This isn't your hug box, grow up.
Listing names of girls is counter productive and makes you look retarded in trying to defend your friends. Now people (if curious enough) will google and look up those idols and assume things.

I've noticed TX idols obviously stalking the thread so see if their name is mentioned.
Trying to be part of a scene and getting your name out there and then whining when people are curious about their antics. On 4chan no less.
Projecting very hard girls.
>>
>>10153748
Really? Lots of people still live with parents or get support from them in their 20's, or just have decent jobs that allow them to save money. Trips abroad aren't too out of the question if you do study abroad programs, look for travel deals, or just budget. Sorry your financial situation is so dire that you think someone literally has to sleep around to get $300 for a convention, or that your 20's is still too young to be financially safe, but this post is ridiculous and reeks of jealousy.

>>10153851
Dude everyone in the idol scene lurks this thread haha, stop acting like this is some sort of secret place.
>>
>>10153754
>fucked up even for 4chan
First day huh? Don't worry, we've all been there.
>>
>>10153871
Ntayrt but it's obviously more than $300...If they're travelling overseas it could go into thousands considering flights, accomodation, etc
>>
>>10153939
The $300 was in reference to conventions, I know overseas travel is more expensive. My point is you can make it work if you're in your 20's, it's not like you're a helpless teen with an allowance at that point.
>>
>>10153748
You sound like the girl who has been harassing the same TX idol we're probably talking about. You sound bitter either way so get a job.
>>
>>10153938
Not my first day but yeah i think it’s fucked. It’s unfounded speculation compared to actual shit.

>>10153851
Friends is an interesting term to use considering I don’t speak to any of them and live across the country. I doubt it’s as counter productive as you think it is but hey you do you. Let’s all be “vague” then suddenly act like someone mentioning a name is a problem cause that’s logic.
>>
-me. The lurker. Here for tea-
>>
File: IMG_20190301_005139.jpg (51 KB, 565x434)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>10153748
>mfw
>>
>>10153952
Yeah that girl who has been harassing you know who actually moved to Japan with her boyfriend a while ago. She's in another country and she's still going after this person. Hmmm, I wonder how she got to Japan. :^)
>>
y I k e S
>>
Anime Boston and LouisiANIME's idol showcases seemed like a flop. How do people feel about idol showcases containing majoirty cosplay groups? Would you even consider it a idol showcase anymore? Tekko Idol Fest looked more enjoyable in comparison

>>10154270
How will knowing who goes where and how they get there benefit any of us? None cares. Stop trying to stirr up unwanted drama and actually contribute to the thread.
>>
>>10154407
This has been discussed more than once and the overwhelming consensus is if it’s cosplay of existing characters it doesn’t count and therefore sucks.
>>
File: ririri.jpg (40 KB, 400x400)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>10153153
>>10153505
Just two more Easter videos
Hina of HiMitsuDance - Let's La Cookin' Showtime
https://youtu.be/3sOpxNmG0Oo

Yoshiko of Mochi Cafe - Toluthin Antenna (Vocaloid)
https://youtu.be/Px4TdPi8f6s

There aren't really any other holidays coming up soon that one could theme a cover around, right? Just the season of Spring in general?

>>10146730
>Odottemita nostalgia
>Any other groups or soloists you love from back in the day?
I think I discovered Pinku Project while searching through the "kawaii" and "fairy kei" tags on Tumblr years ago, and because of them I discovered idols in general!
https://youtu.be/eUNu_BIEEGM

Also, Ririri! This video was the first of hers I ever watched and it's absolutely darling
https://youtu.be/ppNUvX-Lsbg

She's grown so much and she's still doing great dance covers!
https://youtu.be/9M3b4owZLAU
>>
>>10151543
the single art was cute but she hardly used it. i didnt even know it had artwork until the artist posted in OIC. but she paid for it so i guess she can use it how ever she likes
>>
AB's Idol Showcase was a total flop. It was pretty much only Love Live aside from one girl who did a Vocaloid cover. Also, a lot of the groups had really bad effort face going on. Absolutely not worth it whatsoever. Nothing was memorable.
>>
>>10154572
Isn't that usually the case with cosplayers that call themselves "idols"?
>>
>>10154407
the only good thing out of louisianime was the macross singing group. They have a lot of potential, hope they keep at it.
>>
>>10154623
What did Tambourine perform? I saw that the went, but haven't seen any performance vids yet.
>>
>>10150544
This one really takes the cake on self posting after taking a look
>>
>>10154941
Then its safe to say all the replies to >>10150308 are self-posts? God forbid theres compliments on this site
>>
>>10150544
>>10154941

>a little more cuter
>more cuter

her self post was so painfully obvious that i just ignored it lol just leave her alone shes an insecure nut case the more you read into her
>>
>>10155004
I know a few idols who use the same grammar? Reach all you want anon. It's amusing.
>>
>>10140694
I honestly think that to not come off as cringey most groups need to drop the overtly cute look because in western countries when adult women do it it looks like pedo bait compared to Japan where they love the underaged cute look.

If they took some pointers from some of the famous pop singers in the west with an "innocent" and cute look (ariana grande in her early phase, marina and the diamonds, melanie martinez, etc) they might make it.

Also getting into the indie band scene if they're really serious about being a band and selling original music. There are lots of places besides anime cons that host indie concerts (though I guess most are bars and lounges or have bars in the venue so that may go against their image).

Trying to copy exactly what works in Japan is the reason why most western groups and idols get absolutely no where
>>
>>10150544
I'm understanding wanting to look fresh faced like a real idol. But this girls face looks very odd to where i think she would benefit wearing make up.
At least eye makeup to help her peculiar eye shape.
>>
>>10155046
Or like BabyMetal, they did the cute thing but didn't look like an ageplayer's wet dream and they got a lot of traction in the west.

Groups need to realize that the west aren't in love with overtly cute things into adulthood (trying to look like a teen or preteen when you're 25+ ) unless it is a gimmick of some sort or a nostalgia themed band or something. Other than that westerners think an adult woman copying preteens and children is creepy
>>
>>10154980
Someone complimented me and I want to say thanks to that anon because it made my day but I don't want to out myself either
>>
Julia(Mimi)'s new post about her idol service...yikes

She's made it in such a way where if you buy more than the base you're kind of led into buying the rest...because if you buy the cover art now she's drawn your group in outfits you don't have so might as well pay for them too...oh but now you have cover art and costumes for a song you have no idea how to make but you can pay her to do it...and now you've spent all this money for your first song it would be a shame not to have any choreography for it-and oh look at that you can pay her to do that too. She's doing exactly what caused so many issues last time-putting everyone's reliance on her and doing everything herself.
>>
>>10155116
(If you haven't seen the post this is what I'm talking about)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwk_Dx2hTYt/
>>
>>10155116
Yes except this time shes actually making MONEY from it lol And hopefully she knows not to bite off more than she can chew. I think it's a smart idea to do this because it's such a high demand in this scene.
>>
>>10155046
Thing is, most people in this community are in it for the easy possible fame. So hardly anyone is willing to drop the "I'm cute and grow with me" title. Not to say being an idol doesn't take hard work. But...like you said. It's just not what people admire or care for in the states. People in the states want cool, edgey, talented and sellable more than anything. If you want to make it big here, being cute and singing in Japanese ain't gonna win you English fans that are beyond idol weebs.
>>
>>10154666
tulip, jealo and one other dance
>>
>>10155142
Not to mention she makes it clear that she just wants to help people do more original idol groups and help them through the process as she does these things for the buyer. I don't see anything wrong with this? It's clearly something she enjoys still and wants to help spread the wisdom and make some money.
>>
>>10155116
I still hate that it's technically a cosplay because whatever idol group buys it are going to be pretending to be anime character, that's one of the things I hated the most about stellure. Please let it die with Stellure
>>
>>10155116
It’s a smart business plan honestly. It’s no different than what hundreds of lifestyle and tech companies do (just look at Apple). However, I do think it’s overpriced for Mimi. Not saying the prices are bad but she’s just starting and the ones she’s offering are preexisting. There’s probably already work for it that exists and is unused. And she’s known to not exactly be the best in some areas.

I worry her care for cosplays for this venture because if people have the money I’m sure she’s gonna have buyers. If she creates more, she’s going probably start skipping out.

She also said she’d be willing to offer a payment plan but says she won’t start on anything until it’s paid in full. Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of a payment? If they stop paying, withhold services. It’s not that hard.
>>
>>10155297
I think it’s one thing to cosplay existing well known characters and doing dance/vocal covers of their songs and a totally different thing to dress up as a character & do original dances and songs. That’s the only reason I didn’t mind Stellure as much as other groups.
>>
>>10155309
I personally think the price for the actual made costumes themselves are too low- $350 for 3 full costumes is undervaluing the work that goes into being a seamstress, and that makes things harder for other creators in the community.
>>
>>10155363
Honestly it’s about $117/costume which is low but I only say that because of the complexity and she doesn’t really seem to buy super high quality materials (at least for Stellure she did not). However this could also be factored in for the fact the whole package is already $870USD. That extra $520 could partly be going to construction as well. I don’t think we know how much she does for an actual cosplay commission (not something part of a package deal).
>>
>>10155373
I guess, but if she's using money from other parts of the package she's still technically undercutting herself. Materials alone for costumes as detailed as her sample ones would be $100 if not more, so she's not charging for the actual labour.
Even if it's taking that money from other areas it still sets a bad example and gives the idea that seamstresses charging higher are overpricing. Her costume skills are bad to begin with, but things still need to be priced accordingly.
>>
I doubt anyone's going to buy the whole package, and I'd be surprised if they bought any part of it. It's fairly priced for her talent level and what you're getting, but most of her fans are young kids with no money. It seems fair to just put it out there and be like "yeah if you're actually serious about buying this, we'll work on it and make it a reality". Its stuff she presumably enjoys doing too and since she doesn't get to do that as much with Darling, it makes sense to just throw it out there in case anyone actually wants to buy it.
>>
As someone who doesn't sew but loves her designs, I'd totally give it a shot and have her design something and make it. I wouldnt want a character though. I'd just be myself. Just the design and creation would be enough for me cause I can figure out the other stuff on my own.
>>
>>10154572
Not only was it boring to watch, but as a local involved in the Love Live community they should not have had a group like Idolized host it. Would’ve preferred it if the showcase was hosted by a group not known for harassing others. There’s always next year.
>>
>>10155616
I sent feedback to the con about the poor organization and lack of diversity. If others do the same, AB hopefully will listen.
>>
>>10155616
>>10155655
Sorry for the double post but Idolized has a known tripfag lurking on here. It's a matter of time before they start shitting on this thread.
>>
>>10155655
I’m curious, what are the details on why it was badly organized?
>>
>>10155730
Claudie, if you weren't blind, you should know. You and your friends are not the right people who should be running it. It was a mess internally but Idolized doesn't care about anyone but themselves. As long as you guys were center of attention, am I right?

Those newer groups knew nothing about the harassment and toxicity Idolized created in the community. Don't worry, everything will spill soon.
>>
New thread >>10155770
>>
>>10155767
SPILL THE TEA SIS
>>
>>10155778
I mean. Kicking out a member with little to no reason when they wanted to change to their best girl and having a new person lined up right away with no audition is a good starter.
>>
>>10154584
You’re completely right on it being so fucking boring to watch. The rin and eli don’t even know how to MC and then they try and drag like professional mcs. Also non of them seemed to really be up on that stage. The only one that looked happy was their kotori. The umi looked like she wanted to die and didn’t look like she know half of the dance. They claimed that she is a good dance on her countdown post. But they honestly none of them know their heads from their asses
>>
>>10156138
Which is funny from the practice teasers they post because they don’t look like they practice together at all. If they do, they certainly don’t work on timing in the least bit. It’s amazing how a group can have the most rampant resting face / concentration face syndrome and be as elitist as they are. Idols are all about smiles but okay.
>>
>>10156138
>The only one that looked happy was their kotori
That’s because Claudie is the only one who knows anything about idols outside of Love Live and knows stage presence is a huge part of idol performance. It’s a shame that this is what she’s doing with her “idol career” so to speak. Everyone in New England knows not to trust Idolized.
>>
Julily's original song performance was good. The dancing and choreography was really cool! Her singing just needs a lot of work. Keeping in mind how much stress she was under leading up to it, I think it was a solid starting point. Kinda wish the back up dancers weren't so awkward but you can tell julily knows what she's doing.
>>
>>10155116
I think it's fine if she was offering helping in designing characters, or the outfits. What struck me as odd was the selling of already pre-made characters and names for groups. Don't think that actually works and you'll get an qtxing problem with the first art drawn by her and then getting not so great art from the actual "idols" who don't really put out content
>>
>>10157499
oof yeah. Seeing her pretty art and then the gross art of the actual group was...jarring to say the least. I haven't seen that group do anything.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.